Type keyword(s) to search

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think a big issue with the case is the parents.    They were defensive from day one over criticism of them leaving the children alone, with the door unlocked, and doing it for every night of their vacation.     If they had been sobbing hysterically, and saying they did something wrong leaving the kids, then I think people wouldn't have found them so unsympathetic.  

• Love 4

Just watched this and pretty much agree with most of what's been said. The show was much too long, but it was an interesting and thorough delve into an unsavoury case.

The McCanns... what more can be said? Yes, they seemed cold and yes, there's no proper way to grieve. Why oh why did they go on a group holiday with several other families (the other couples had kids too, right? and they left them alone too?) and treat it like a fun friends getaway?

You go on a family holiday where you spend all day doing stuff with the kids and then have a drink or two together at the end of the day, or a friend's holiday where you can drink and party to your hearts content. You don't try to do both.

And if the kids were in a daycamp all day, the parents weren't spending the day with them either. Why bother bringing them?

My hope is that Madeline was taken and sold to some rich childless couple and is living a charmed life somewhere. I know, I know.

• Love 2
On 9/4/2019 at 1:31 PM, Shermie said:

My hope is that Madeline was taken and sold to some rich childless couple and is living a charmed life somewhere. I know, I know.

I've hoped for the same. And although we'll never know, it still seems a likely scenario. 

• Love 1

I didn't watch this when it came out because I'm pretty familiar with the case. However, I decided to give it a shot. 

I absolutely believe the McCann's were sedating their kids. But I'm not convinced they had anything to do with the disappearance. 

I believe it's far more likely that someone at the resort was part of a trafficking ring and had learned their patterns. That person or group took her. Second to that theory is she wandered off and drowned.

There is still a part of me thinking that Kate accidentally killed her and covered it up along with her husband. 

I don't think we will ever know because the investigators screwed this up pretty badly. 

• Love 7
On 4/8/2020 at 3:46 PM, Court said:

I don't think we will ever know because the investigators screwed this up pretty badly. 

I agree. I hope the worst case scenario is Madeline was kidnapped and sold to a couple who couldn't have kids and Madeline is living a happy life. 

We will never know.

• Love 3

Very sad case that shocked the world. Always hoped there would be a break in the case. I never felt the parents had anything to do in the disappearance.  I can't imagine the pain and sorrow of losing a child this way and how helpless it must be. 

• Love 1
On 4/8/2020 at 5:46 PM, Court said:

I didn't watch this when it came out because I'm pretty familiar with the case. However, I decided to give it a shot. 

I absolutely believe the McCann's were sedating their kids. But I'm not convinced they had anything to do with the disappearance. 

I believe it's far more likely that someone at the resort was part of a trafficking ring and had learned their patterns. That person or group took her. Second to that theory is she wandered off and drowned.

There is still a part of me thinking that Kate accidentally killed her and covered it up along with her husband. 

I always thought it was sex trafficking , never the parents.

• Love 3

Because 2020 cannot get weird enough apparently, there's breaking news in the case.   An actual suspect identified.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52914016

The article says they have a phone number he received a call from right around the time she went missing.   They want the person to come forward.   It also says he signed over one of his vehicles the next day to someone and they want that person to come forward.   HELLO Keystone Cops, you have a vehicle registration and a phone number.   I think you can find these people.    Geez.

(edited)

The police are talking to a guy in prison. He is a suspect. Police believe Madeleine is dead.

I think she is dead too. Probably killed the same night she went missing,

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 2