Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
AnimeMania

Tuca & Bertie

Illustrator/author/podcaster/horse enthusiast Lisa Hanawalt, best known for designing the Netflix hit BoJack Horseman, is the creator of this similarly animal-oriented Netflix adult animated series centering on the friends and neighbors Tuca (a toucan, voiced by Tiffany Haddish) and Bertie (a songbird, voiced by Ali Wong). Guest voices include Tig Notaro, Tessa Thompson, Reggie Watts, Nicole Byer, John Early, Amber Ruffin, Jermaine Fowler, and Richard E. Grant.

Airs FRI / MAY 3, 2019

Watched the first two episodes of this, it is so random. So far I am not enjoying it, this animated title has nudity and adult themes just to be more edgy.

I ended up bingeing the whole season and loved it. The first two episodes are the weirdest/most surreal, but it gets more character driven after that.

• Like 5

Agreed - it got much better after the first couple of episodes.  On rewatching, I found the pilot episode almost unwatchable given how much I liked the rest of the series and skipped through it.  

• Like 1

I watched the series over the last couple of days and I love it so much. It's like an animated animal version of Broad City. I knew what the Jelly Lake backstory was going to be before it was revealed, but that didn't make it any less heartbreaking.

I love the leads, Tiffany Haddish and Ali Wong. I highly recommend their comedy specials that are also on Netflix.

• Like 2

I was unsure after the first few episodes, as it felt like it went so hard on gross/surreal humor, but I am really glad  stuck it out because it becomes really great as it goes on and starts becoming a bit more serious and character driven. Still wacky and funny, but also with a lot more heart. Its basically Broad City but animated and the main characters are bird people.

• Like 2