Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I've lived in Atlanta for at least 45 years, and of course remember the Wayne Williams case. I had a dear woman friend who worked for the Crime Bureau that was assigned to this case, and she was working with the fiber experts. Let me tell you, they HAD HIM on many of the murders on fiber evidence alone.  He may not have killed every single one of those children, but he probably killed at least 12 or 13 that they had SOLID evidence against him. They took him down the best way they could, and the murders stopped as soon as he was in jail too. 

Yes, the fact that the murders stopped, suggests he was the killer.  But then why didn't they try him on all the cases, so he would never be eligible for parole?

• Love 4
19 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

No one was saying that John McCain was perfect.  And I'm sure Joy would stand by what she said in 2008 and any other year.  I feel the same way that she does.  But he has earned respect, and they were talking about Trump's outright and malicious disrespect for him.  I'm sure that many of the people who respect John McCain (on this show, on other shows, and in the general population) would not vote for him now if they had the opportunity.  But that doesn't mean they shouldn't comment on Trump's completely unpresidential and classless behavior.   I didn't see it so much as praising McCain to the skies as calling out Trump for being such a pathetic, disrespectful man.

I think you're right in the context of that particular show. My point was more that I feel they have also been tongue-bathing him so much for so long (as has been so well put by others here) that I personally am not able to give it up for either of them, even if it's a situation where he or Meghan may deserve it. Meghan has been so awful and they have overdone the John McCain love so much that I can't feel much sympathy anymore. And considering how much power that family has already and how awful they've been to others, I really don't feel too bad about that.

• Love 11

I'm no fan of Meghan's, but she's not making that orange twit disparage her DEAD father. 

Of course it's going to be a hot topic, as it's pretty big news. Personally, I'm impressed she's not weeping and shrieking. If it were me, they'd still be surgically  removing my foot from the POTUS ass.

I still don't like her, but damn, I'm pretty sure she would rather not have her father be publicly shit on by a piece of garbage.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 24

I had muted* the beginning of the show for SO LONG that I don't know when the announcer began pronouncing Abby's name ABee as she did today--instead of AHHH-bee.  When did that change?  Anyone know why?

*In case there's a newbee who doesn't know why:  'Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View,' and so on and so forth.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Everything was so lovey-dovey on today's set of "The View," (except for cranky pontificater, Whoopi*).   One for all; all for one!  Meghan is especially filled with full-time love and support for her cohosts.  She's the Queen of the May now, right where she knows she belongs; she's never been so happy on the show. Shall we start a pool to see how long she can last?

*Really!  Is this taking time off to rest and recuperate?

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Tammee said:
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, OnTime said:

It just makes her look even heavier!

She even has to show them off in her wedding dress.  How does she think this looks good?

Read more  

I kinda like it *thud* lol...it has a western burlesque feel.  I'm glad for the wrap or it might have been worse. Overall I think it's a very pretty dress. A little too sheer for me, and a little tight form fitting for me, but beyond those issues I do like it

Oh, I like the dress but not on Meghan. She is too heavy for it.  It would be stunning on a taller and thinner person.

I think it does look better without the wrap.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The wedding dress is fine.  At least she didn't go with a strapless number, which would have been a disaster on her.   That first photo though, with her boobs pushed up so high, makes me cringe.   It looks so unnatural, and as a woman with big boobs myself, it looks painful. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I just wish she would be this outraged at all the other things Trump says and does. It’s mighty convenient for her to be so strongly outspoken against Trump only when it becomes personal... it’s the selective outrage, which is irritating. 

MM did not even have empathy for the Gold Star parents (Khan)  that Trump belittled.

• Love 22

Just remembered to check this.  Yesterday Abby said to Prett Bharara regarding the Mueller investigation, "No matter what happens, you're going to have a big chunk that thinks it already is a witch hunt--and another chunk that thinks Trump's a Russian spy."   

A spy? Does ANYONE believe Donald J. Trump is a Russian spy?   A spy?  

What "chunk" has she been talking to?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't understand couples who have diametrically opposed political beliefs who can be married and not talk politics.  Politics affect most everything in our lives. 

I have been married for fifty years (yes, fifty) and my husband and I never had any political disagreements until this last election. We just can't/don't talk politics at ALL anymore. Maybe that's what they do.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Whoopi and the damn insurance companies again!

Aw, gee, Cementhead, that's because SHE is the only one with intelligence enough to understand how that insurance works...and how all those companies are ripping us off!  I hope she gets a very special one-hour special explaining it all to the American viewer.

• LOL 10
15 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

You are correct, serial killers rarely kill outside of their race. Sadly, I can see a serial killer who is Black targeting Black people because they know that society will not care about them. I also think that Jeffrey Dahmer who was White specifically targeted poor Black men who were struggling with their sexuality. One of his victims could have been saved by the police, had the police cared. Jeffrey's victim was clearly in distress when the police stopped Jeffrey's car for a traffic violation, but, he was able to use his privilege to allay the cop's suspicion and killed that poor man that very night.

And wasn’t it an underage kid?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, the fact that the murders stopped, suggests he was the killer.  But then why didn't they try him on all the cases, so he would never be eligible for parole?

I need to go back and read up on it, because as I stated up thread, I was a child when it happened. But maybe they didn't try him for all the cases because they they didn't have the evidence for all of them?

9 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Just remembered to check this.  Yesterday Abby said to Prett Bharara regarding the Mueller investigation, "No matter what happens, you're going to have a big chunk that thinks it already is a witch hunt--and another chunk that thinks Trump's a Russian spy."   

A spy? Does ANYONE believe Donald J. Trump is a Russian spy?   A spy?  

What "chunk" has she been talking to?

It's Preet.

And Meghan's word salad and misinformation is a gift that keeps on giving. She proves daily what a nimrodic, ignoranamus maroon* she is.

And Preet is a ROCK STAR. 

*™ Bugs Bunny

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Meghan's word salad and misinformation is a gift that keeps on giving. She proves daily what a nimrodic, ignoranamus maroon* she is

It's entertaining and painful at the same time listening to her trying to act like she knows anything.  She mispronounces words. Uses those mispronounced words wrong.  Says things that are patently untrue.

She is exactly what the kids of Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman will grow up to be. Rich kid who graduated from a prestigious university who thinks they know it all and is still an idiot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is exactly what the kids of Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman will grow up to be. Rich kid who graduated from a prestigious university who thinks they know it all and is still an idiot.

That's assuming that any good college will admit them. With the headlines dominating over these two, and news of USC "kicking" them out, or the kids "withdrawing" or whatever, I very much doubt they would get into any college. So just rich idiots. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That's assuming that any good college will admit them. With the headlines dominating over these two, and news of USC "kicking" them out, or the kids "withdrawing" or whatever, I very much doubt they would get into any college. So just rich idiots. 

Unfortunately,  my jaded soul thinks colleges will always take the kids---with enough $. 

They will be more discreet and underhanded about it though.   

Life isn't fair.   

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

With the headlines dominating over these two, and news of USC "kicking" them out, or the kids "withdrawing" or whatever, I very much doubt they would get into any college.

And Daddy Mossimo didn't want them "having" to go to Arizona State University, boo hoo!  That's our one of our state universities, and highly ranked--even though we have a plethora* of rich SoCal kids who couldn't get into their preferred universities.  If they didn't deign to park themselves here, our rankings might be higher.

*A new vocabulary word for anyone on The View's panel who wants to use it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Meggie's misused word of the day:  cacophony ... used in the wrong context!!!  (Relates to sounds, not actions.)  LOL.

Also, I hate that turd stuck on the top of her head!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Add definition.
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Funny moment in the beginning of the show.  Talking about the awards they are nominated for, Abby talks about how they are so grateful for the hair and makeup people "who make us all look great."   And Meghan nods her head, along with that ridiculous twisty-bun on top of her head, kind of disproving the "make us all look great"  thing. 

And Abby doesn’t look great today either. 

I missed how Meghan misused cacophony. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie's misused word of the day:  cacophony ... used in the wrong context!!!  LOL.

ca·coph·o·ny

/kəˈkäfənē/

noun

a harsh discordant mixture of sounds.

"a cacophony of deafening alarm bells"

synonyms:din, racket, noise, discord, dissonance, discordance, caterwauling, raucousness, screeching, jarring, stridency, grating, rasping

In other words Meghan's ramblings every day.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie's misused word of the day:  cacophony ... used in the wrong context!!!  (Relates to sounds, not actions.)  LOL.

Also, I hate that turd stuck on the top of her head!!!

She misused the same word a couple of weeks ago.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

NutMeg's hair looks like an albino cow took a dump on her head.

And hair and make-up are up for Emmys????   That must be some kind on inside joke by the voters, or a pity vote.  The View has the worst hair and makeup in the entire TV industry.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Abby talks about how they are so grateful for the hair and makeup people "who make us all look great."  

• Like when we mentioned your "shiny" hair?  We weren't giving compliments.
  • OH?  When we griped about your gummy/shimmery lips?   
  • Like when we thought your hair was vinyl?  That's not a commendation.

Since "the only place" you ever wear make-up is on the show, let us see your nekkid face so we can decide if the nomination is deserved.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Anna is on fire and I love it. I still don't feel bad for Megan. I do feel bad for her siblings and her mother who have to endure these ugly vile attacks.  

I COULD feel bad for Meghan under other circumstances, but she paints her victim portrait so boldly there's no room for me.  She brings wallowing to a new low.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

NutMeg's hair looks like an albino cow took a dump on her head.

And hair and make-up are up for Emmys????   That must be some kind on inside joke by the voters, or a pity vote.  The View has the worst hair and makeup in the entire TV industry.

Are you serious?  The View's Hair and Makeup Team consistently make MM look like a clown without her knowing it.  They deserve a Peabody!

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

I have to disagree with Sunny about George Conway. Just because he is a lawyer at a well respected firm and has argued in front of the Supreme Court doesn't mean you can't be a nut job. You most certainly can.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

The View's Hair and Makeup Team consistently make MM look like a clown without her knowing it.  They deserve a Peabody!

I never thought about it that way . . . . .

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Anna is on fire and I love it. I still don't feel bad for Megan. I do feel bad for her siblings and her mother who have to endure these ugly vile attacks.  

If you have watched all week you have seen Meghan sit back and let the other hosts take the reins. She let them start with  Trump. I found it interesting that as Ana first started to speak,  Meghan said Ana let me go first. Just interesting. 

Ana did a great job defending her friend.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

If you have watched all week you have seen Meghan sit back and let the other hosts take the reins. She let them start with  Trump. I found it interesting that as Ana first started to speak,  Meghan said Ana let me go first. Just interesting. 

Ana did a great job defending her friend.

I don't think Ana was defending "her friend" as much as she was incensed that he was speaking poorly about a dead war hero, John McCain!!

• Love 24
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Funny moment in the beginning of the show.  Talking about the awards they are nominated for, Abby talks about how they are so grateful for the hair and makeup people "who make us all look great."   And Meghan nods her head, along with that ridiculous twisty-bun on top of her head, kind of disproving the "make us all look great"  thing. 

I had to giggle that Abby seemed to think hosts are nominated for looks.  But then I remember she came from Fox ....

• LOL 7
  • Love 5