Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It was Megan playing the sympathy card. She got quite the tongue bath yesterday and wanted a repeat today.. She even looked at the audience hoping that they would clap , cheer and holler with love and support after she made her statement about being hated.. The audience remained dead silent..

Doesn’t that prove her point to be true?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Maybe Meghan just loves showing off her boobs. When Sherri was the on the show she said she loved her boobs and acted like she was proud of them. Like they were an accomplishment or something.

It just makes her look even heavier!

She even has to show them off in her wedding dress.  How does she think this looks good?

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Regarding Sunny and psychics...I was raised Catholic til I was 18. I dabbled In astrology and tarot readings then became a Nichiren Buddhist like Tina Turner since 2007.  Part of family heritage is Spanish and we’ve practiced Santeria, card reading etc. My aunt even owned a psychic business for 30 years reading fortunes, doing spells etc. She was so scary because she always got it right. Lol 

I’m going to be at this Friday’s live taping. I feel better and taking my dad for the first time. I’m hoping Whoopi continues to take Fridays off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I believe that Whoopi objected to MM'S claim about being hated because it's about different VIEWS on this show,  not emotions. 

That's MM'S  victim, snowflake  voice talking about being hated.  

I LOVE Ana's view, even though it may sometimes  be different than mine. 

Abby also has her own view which is naive, IMHO, but again, different. No problem. 

I do find MM's rudeness, ignorance, and immaturity hard to stomach on a national show, which I'm sure could find more superior articulate, intelligent female voices. 

A discussion of varying view points is stimulating when there is give and take,  rather than reading false stats,  and dismissing others' views as wrong. 

Emotions, such as hate for me,  are reserved for situations that cause the cycle of abuse towards children and the lack of adequate help for  these kids. 

Differeing political views are ho hum in comparison.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

Doesn’t that prove her point to be true?

• Whoopi tried to get her to tone down the "hate" remark but she wouldn't. 
  • I don't hate her or her various proclamations-that-shall-not-be-challenged.
  • I'd select several opinions/emotions but not "hate." 
  • Disrespect ~ Shock and Awe ~ Unsupportive ~ Disagreement ~ Dislike ~ Feeling Insulted ~ Over Her...Just Over Her! 
  • Any more?
  • Love 9

Given that we haven't heard of incidents with the audience between takes and given that we don't hear the audience being disrespectful to any of the women regardless of how popular their views may be, is it safe to assume that Meghan 'thick skinned' McCain describes the audience as hostile simply because they rarely applaud her talking points? Is a lack of applause what we consider 'hostile' nowadays? LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, Stellamayfair said:

I agree with Whoopie that Beto vowing to choose a woman as a running mate is condescending, however I'd like to ask her what she thinks of Corey Booker saying the exact same thing.  I mean it, I would seriously enjoy the word salad! 

Corey Booker said there will be a woman on the ticket...he specified it could be in either position.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Is a lack of applause what we consider 'hostile' nowadays?

And with Whoopi's prodding, she still wouldn't retract that word "hate" she used.  What's BIGGER than White Privilege?  Whatever it is, she has it. 

• Love 12
Just now, Medicine Crow said:

I'm pretty sure Meggie is "rollin' in the clover" this attention brings her way.

Meghan likes any attention thrown her way. Even if it's negative she just acts like haters going to hate on her.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think Whoopi is wrong about the military’s support of trump. Everyone I know in the military is pro trump. I will not get into why I think this is so. 

It's quite a mixed bag with the military, isn't it? A lot of my dad's veteran friends - many of them black men - are also Trump supporters. It's... interesting.

• Love 6

I love that the other ladies took the opportunity to pummel Trump while tongue bathing John McCain, and Meghan had to sit there and take it. That was pretty brilliant.

My response to Meg's comment about why would you want to be married to someone who called-out your boss would have been, "Why would you want to be married to someone who worked for a monster?"

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

And the laughing & giggling coming from dear little Megsy today is TOO extra.  So beyond fake.  She never, ever laughs or giggles like this.  Slow your roll, Megs.  We regular viewers know who you really are and no amount of insults from Trump to your dad have any effect on who you are and how we all feel about you.  Quit basking in it, sweetheart.

Maybe she hit the bourbon before the show. She said it’s been a rough week. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think Whoopi is wrong about the military’s support of trump. Everyone I know in the military is pro trump. I will not get into why I think this is so. 

This. He was still elected (many military voted for him) when he went after the gold star family.  So Abby's the Military stick up for their own, doesn't ring true to me. 

3 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Miss Meggie is just loving the attention ... all smiles & giggles!!!

She is so damn smiley. Never has she seemed more gleeful on the View.  Oh except when she  met Erika Jane. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

And the laughing & giggling coming from dear little Megsy today is TOO extra.  So beyond fake.  She never, ever laughs or giggles like this

It's coming off as very, very fake. Normally, she's squinting her eyes, furiously frowning and trying to explain Trump supporters. This morning she's basking in the praise and attention so of course she's in a great mood. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 20
15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'll be watching the Atlanta Child Murders documentary. I remember reading a lot about it years ago. So heartbreaking. 😞 

I already have set to record. So sad. I hope it stirs something up. Another look at the cases.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'll be watching the Atlanta Child Murders documentary. I remember reading a lot about it years ago. So heartbreaking. 😞 

I remember living through it. Though I didn't live there, it was on the news, it seemed to my child self, daily.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm at the  part in the show where they are discussing about George Conway.  Meghan and Abby said that they tweet about each and how awful that is. Am I mistaken but, Isn't  it true that George Conway never attacks his wife. He attack the horrible President we have.  

And Kellyanne defends him instead of her own husband.  I ought to be shocked, but sadly I'm not.

George, it's called a divorce.  Get one, take the kids, and RUN.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, sandymck said:

Corey Booker said there will be a woman on the ticket...he specified it could be in either position.

I wasn't trying to compare Cory and Beto.  I guess i was just irritated by Whoopie's arbitrary assessment of Beto, and other topics in general. I'm probably grumpy bcuz I miss Joy as moderator.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Trump going after John McCain this week is the best thing that could have happened to Meghan.  Because why?  Because it wipes away / erases all of the shit she rightfully got herself in last week and now she gets to be seen as the victim and someone who deserves our sympathy. 

And this gives her another opportunity to talk about how wonderful her father was. She loves nothing more than being a victim and then getting sympathy. 

Sunny's sappy speech plays right into it!!!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 14
22 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't understand couples who have diametrically opposed political beliefs who can be married and not talk politics.  Politics affect most everything in our lives. 

I guess it is like families who have different political views. You choose not to go there to keep the peace.  There are other ways to bond with  people. Having said that, Kellyanne Conway and her husband are just plain weird. It just seems so contrived in a way that I cannot really articulate. It might veer off topic, so I will not go there..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't understand couples who have diametrically opposed political beliefs who can be married and not talk politics.  Politics affect most everything in our lives. 

I think it's easier when we're not in a time of political crisis, like we are right now.  

But I don't see how to do it when one person is actually IN politics.  Spouses need to support each others' careers.  You can't do that if you fundamentally disagree with who they work for.    However -  there are videos of Kellyanne, before she worked for the current pres, saying  a lot of pretty negative things about him.  SO maybe her "beliefs"  are generated by her bank account. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I already have set to record. So sad. I hope it stirs something up. Another look at the cases.

For some reason it is not airing on Canadian ID TV. 🙁

I very much remember this story and even the fact that the guy they convicted was likely a scapegoat.  It is tragic that they did not pursue the case, but it is like they said today on the View, Atlanta wanted it to go away.  I remember there was even controversy because in that era there was a belief that a black man could not be a serial killer.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Ok, one more from me and then I will shut up, I promise.  But something just occurred to me and it royally pisses me off.  Trump going after John McCain this week is the best thing that could have happened to Meghan.  Because why?  Because it wipes away / erases all of the shit she rightfully got herself in last week and now she gets to be seen as the victim and someone who deserves our sympathy.  That's how the general public who isn't subjected to her every day like us gluttons for punishment see her now.  Grrrrrr.

Teflon Donna lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

This. He was still elected (many military voted for him) when he went after the gold star family.  So Abby's the Military stick up for their own, doesn't ring true to me. 

She is so damn smiley. Never has she seemed more gleeful on the View.  Oh except when she  met Erika Jane. 

Sisterhood!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

But I don't see how to do it when one person is actually IN politics.  Spouses need to support each others' careers.  You can't do that if you fundamentally disagree with who they work for.    However -  there are videos of Kellyanne, before she worked for the current pres, saying  a lot of pretty negative things about him.  SO maybe her "beliefs"  are generated by her bank account. 

This!   One of the former WH staff that wrote a book, basically said that Kellyanne is the primary leaker in the WH.  That CNN and others have her on their programs because she's feeding them info.   My assumption is that Kellyanne and her husband are in cahoots, angling for a post Trump career together.   

The show seems to be doing MM some favors today by not really including any controversial political topics that would have brought out her normal shrieky rude behavior.  Looks like they are also back to excluding her from interviews that include talks of race or racism, as she was not included in the Atlanta Child murder segment.   The mother during the Atlanta Child murders segment broke my heart.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

See I don’t think they are diametrically opposed. They are still in the same party, and some feel he’s providing cover for his spouse for once Trump is gone and the Repubs return to normal.  She can say, “I was serving my country, and my views are in line with my husband’s”.  

I have no doubt there is a diabolical plan involved in all of this. 

1 minute ago, After7Only said:

This!   One of the former WH staff that wrote a book, basically said that Kellyanne is the primary leaker in the WH.  That CNN and others have her on their programs because she's feeding them info.   My assumption is that Kellyanne and her husband are in cahoots, angling for a post Trump career together.   

The show seems to be doing MM some favors today by not really including any controversial political topics that would have brought out her normal shrieky rude behavior.  Looks like they are also back to excluding her from interviews that include talks of race or racism, as she was not included in the Atlanta Child murder segment.   The mother during the Atlanta Child murders segment broke my heart.

Agreed with your first paragraph!

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

For some reason it is not airing on Canadian ID TV. 🙁

I very much remember this story and even the fact that the guy they convicted was likely a scapegoat.  It is tragic that they did not pursue the case, but it is like they said today on the View, Atlanta wanted it to go away.  I remember there was even controversy because in that era there was a belief that a black man could not be a serial killer.

But serial killers typically kill within in their own race.  

I vaguely remember this and I believe there was an entire miniseries.  I can go either way on the killer. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, OnTime said:

It just makes her look even heavier!

She even has to show them off in her wedding dress.  How does she think this looks good?

I kinda like it *thud* lol...it has a western burlesque feel.  I'm glad for the wrap or it might have been worse. Overall I think it's a very pretty dress. A little too sheer for me, and a little tight form fitting for me, but beyond those issues I do like it

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But serial killers typically kill within in their own race.  

I vaguely remember this and I believe there was an entire miniseries.  I can go either way on the killer. 

You are correct, serial killers rarely kill outside of their race. Sadly, I can see a serial killer who is Black targeting Black people because they know that society will not care about them. I also think that Jeffrey Dahmer who was White specifically targeted poor Black men who were struggling with their sexuality. One of his victims could have been saved by the police, had the police cared. Jeffrey's victim was clearly in distress when the police stopped Jeffrey's car for a traffic violation, but, he was able to use his privilege to allay the cop's suspicion and killed that poor man that very night.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

See I don’t think they are diametrically opposed. They are still in the same party, and some feel he’s providing cover for his spouse for once Trump is gone and the Repubs return to normal.  She can say, “I was serving my country, and my views are in line with my husband’s”.  

I wasn't referencing the Conaway's specifically.  

• Love 2

I am a true crime fanatic and the Atlanta Child Murders is a fascinating case. I think CNN also did a documentary about it and talked to Wayne Williams. I think he failed a lie detector test. I don't think he killed all those kids himself, but he killed a few people.

• Love 8

I've lived in Atlanta for at least 45 years, and of course remember the Wayne Williams case. I had a dear woman friend who worked for the Crime Bureau that was assigned to this case, and she was working with the fiber experts. Let me tell you, they HAD HIM on many of the murders on fiber evidence alone.  He may not have killed every single one of those children, but he probably killed at least 12 or 13 that they had SOLID evidence against him. They took him down the best way they could, and the murders stopped as soon as he was in jail too. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13

I found the documentary. It is on Youtube. Atlanta Child Murders Full Crime Documentary. They found two hairs on one of the murdered boys and tested it. Wayne Williams couldn't be excluded from being a match.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Not good, Sunny.  Step away from the procedures, please!  You don't need them.  You are beautiful!

She'll never be convinced.  Her early procedures made such a difference in her appearance that she probably received MANY compliments.  She's still insecure enough to wear make-up to bed ("just a little," supposedly).

• Love 5