Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Aspyn's Royal Wedding

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, lma said:

I’ve watched this show long enough to know that the officiant is a Plyg relative. He is Meri and Kody’s brother-in-law. Married to Meri’s sister. I guess calling him a friend is easier than saying “Aspyn’s father’s first wife’s brother-in-law”. 🤷🏾‍♀️

They actually stated in that same scene that he was Meri's brother in law.  Meri said "he was my brother in law first" like it was some sort of competition. 

4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

When she popped up with that comment during the "Adult" sit-down, I had to wonder where the Brown Fambly $$ Committee was at during those negotiations. So Christine just gets to make an offer on a house, on her own, without any discussion from the other four? Like @bichonblitz said, she is now paying a mort on both the LV house and the Flag house, plus paid into property. Her financial status HAS to be precarious and a possible drain on the fambly resources. Also, did the BF$$C make any restrictions on renting the Flag house, like they have to be under a certain dollar amount so they don't run through every last dime they have somehow grifted out of thin air (ROBYN)? 

I thought it was very odd they were finding rentals on their own with no input from each other what so ever.  I'm assuming Kody probably gave approval to have Christine purchase the house. Always looking for a quick business opportunity that Kody... rental market is low so buy and rent later.  Not sure how well that will work out for that 7 bedroom house. And rentals only work when they're affordable. 

3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Did I mishear? Did Robyn say that the mega mansion she is renting costs pretty much the same to rent as the other houses? So a 7 bed/5.5 bath home costs the same to rent as a 3 bed/2-3 bath house? Where they do that at?

Christine's has 2 acres which is probably why it's as expensive as a 7 bed/5.5 bath house. 

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Is this in the public domain or did they have to pay to use that song?  Not a huge fan of it.  Yes it is an earworm!  

They added the song into the footage so I'm thinking the version they played on tv was probably public domain and the one they actually played at the wedding venue was not.  Can it work like that? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Nice picture of Vanessa Alldredge, Mitch's sister with husband Jeff (Seeking Sister Wife)  and their kids at the wedding.  

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 4.25.30 PM.png

I really like the Alldredges.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, kicotan said:

I’m sorry for being so petty about their fashion choices but seriously....Meri’s LuLaOMGNo black/gold dress awkwardly paired with the clunky beige wedges is almost worse than Janelle’s shiny blue-totally-wrong-for-her-shape frock.

Whhhhyyyyy can’t these people hire a decent stylist???

Or at least wear clothes that fit not two sizes too small!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, endure said:

Or at least wear clothes that fit not two sizes too small!

::::Looking at Meri!::::::::       And learn how to do eyebrows.  SERIOUSLY people - it's not rocket science!!  Millions of women do their eyebrows just fine!  Look up videos on Youtube if you need to!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Melig8r said:

Did I hear Kody say Robyn "taught" him how to do his hair and that is how he did Truely's.  Of course Robyn is also responsible for that.

She probably has to scrub his butt in the shower, too.  And picks out his clothes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

::::Looking at Meri!::::::::       And learn how to do eyebrows.  SERIOUSLY people - it's not rocket science!!  Millions of women do their eyebrows just fine!  Look up videos on Youtube if you need to!

For real. Not only are her brows bad, but she makes it all the more worse with terrible eyeshadow too. I don't even know what color the shadow is - like a gray, dark brown or something. Or maybe her brow pencil is bleeding down onto her eyelids. No excuse for this. 

Meri's hat was indeed terrible. Meri may not be considered edgy by any definition of the word but neither was that. It was like the maker recycled Mykelti wedding garbage flowers. I get the feeling that this was light advertising for the hat maker. Yes, it may look assholey for Meri to have her fix it the night before her son's wedding but the alternative was Meri not wearing it or forced to wear a hat she considered ugly, neither of which would have made the maker of the hat's business look good. I thought what Meri wound up wearing was a marked improvement which was underserved by Meri's bad taste in clothing and shoes.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Any sightings of Christine's mother or Robyn's niece?  I did not notice any of the mother's or the niece in the family picture.

As neither are being helpful right now, there was no reason to include them. 

WOW - it's Monday and I AM in a snarking mood!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Did I hear Aspyn actually say on last night's episode, that she wasn't sure if polygamy should be legal?

It was during the whole drama with Christine and the marriage license. It happened quick so I wasn't sure if I heard right. I wonder what Kody thought as he watched that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn ...  And picks out his clothes.

All three changes of clothes per day?  Stylin' his hair and clothes must be a full time job.  Does Robyn have another niece she can hire to be her childrens' live-in nanny?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I saw Mindy there too.

That's right!!  She WAS making herself useful!  She was standing off in the field babysitting Areola so that Robyn didn't have to bother with her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Nice picture of Vanessa Alldredge, Mitch's sister with husband Jeff (Seeking Sister Wife)  and their kids at the wedding.  

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 4.25.30 PM.png

57 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I really like the Alldredges.

I do too.

Everyone looks nice - love Vanessa's dress and hat, and the patterned shoes - that's how you do it folks!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

That's right!!  She WAS making herself useful!  She was standing off in the field babysitting Areola so that Robyn didn't have to bother with her.

Meri is holding Ariella in the family picture and Solomon is standing between Gwendolyn and one of Robyn's girls.  Surprised Kody was not holding King Solomon or Princess Ariella.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

They all looked terrible.  All of them.  Christine is heavier than I thought; her green dress was hideous.  Janelle, it is caftan time.  Meri, no just no.  Aspyn, surely they had gowns that did not show back fat. Robin you look like part of a xmas pageant.  None of them dressed for the season; satin is not warm weather fabric.  

TLC would never approve of a stylist, they want them to do as they would under normal circumstances. 

Edited by Bucket
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Meri is holding Ariella in the family picture and Solomon is standing between Gwendolyn and one of Robyn's girls.  Surprised Kody was not holding King Solomon or Princess Ariella.

He wanted the full frontal photo of him in his wee kilt recorded for posterity.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

He wanted the full frontal photo of him in his wee kilt recorded for posterity.

Dammit, a barf emoji would help so much!  Not for your comment, Sandy, but for Kootie full frontal.

He just sucks, period.  Narcissistic to the Nth degree.  No wonder Mitch's dad, whom I know nothing about, couldn't even look at him during what was his (Kootie's) version of a toast.  

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Did I hear Aspyn actually say on last night's episode, that she wasn't sure if polygamy should be legal?

It was during the whole drama with Christine and the marriage license. It happened quick so I wasn't sure if I heard right. I wonder what Kody thought as he watched that.

I didn't hear it, but I was only half-watching. I think they (Kody and the wives) just want it decriminalized--not legal as in you can legally marry one wife, but if you choose to cohabit and call more than one woman a wife, you are not a felon? I agree with that btw, even if I don't think polygamy is a great life choice.

• Love 12

Is it normal for the father-of-the-bride to get ready with the groom and his family/friends before the wedding? And be photographed with them before the wedding? Because (a) Kody was seriously inappropriate when he commented on the bed in the cottage and (b) was somewhat inappropriate when he talked about Mitch carrying the other over the threshold and (c) has a whole slew of sons - some of whom he likely hasn't seen in a while - he could have gotten ready with.

I really don't get their "we have a religious ceremony and it's private" shtick.  I had a religious ceremony. In an Anglican Church. And all of my family and friends were there. Also - part of the Anglican ceremony is wrapping the bride and groom's hands together (at least, it happens in the Book of Common Prayer service), so Aspyn and Mitch's hand-fasting, although nice, was not completely unusual.

I wouldn't want a house as large as the one Robyn is renting in Flagstaff.  Unless it came with a housekeeper.  Cleaning all those bathrooms? No.thanks.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Oh Janelle! Still striving I see! ( I don't usually make fun of a person's size, but when you have a for profit business that you are the face of, and taking people's money,  then you set yourself up for critic on your "strive." I can see her big white underwear through her skirt in this photo! And sorry, my 83 year old Grandmother wore a half inch heel to my wedding, I think you could have gone with something besides the black ballet flats with that dress.

It looks like Meri got caught up in a silly string fight with that LLR dress. Your summer wedge casual sandles do not go with that dress.

wedding.png

The silhouette and shiny fabric were all wrong for Janelle, along with the shoes (and Meri's shoes,too--just wrong). I thought Janelle looked better at Maddie's wedding, with a flowy dress--although that was a "Bohemian" themed wedding--maybe it wouldn't have been right for this wedding. 

And, even though I don't think the "moms" needed to be matchy-matchy--it looked off to me that two wore full-length and the other two didn't. YMMV

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Any sightings of Christine's mother or Robyn's niece?  I did not notice any of the mother's or the niece in the family picture.

I saw the neice sitting at a table clapping at one of the stupid speeches. 

• Love 2

I'm really surprised at how much I actually liked most things at the wedding.  It was lovely and I REALLY liked the Scottish attire and bagpipes. I even thought Mitch looked good! I was in shock!  I didn't even mind the other people's attire.  After seeing all the other hats there....it was sort of nice, imo.  Sort of Kentucky Derby flare. lol  I wasn't wild about Meri's hat, but, it wasn't horrible either.  Her dress and shoes didn't bother me as much as it did most around here. lol  I've seen her in much worse. 

My issue throughout the entire 2 hours was Aspyn's behavior.  It was bizarre to me, not just at the wedding, but, throughout.  She just seemed too flippant, ditsy, silly, and trying way too hard.  I posted about her on another thread about whether TLC was portraying her that way, but, now I'm wondering if they were just airing what they saw.  I'm shocked.  Such a lovely young lady.  I wonder if she will ever mature anymore at this point.  It's difficult to imagine that she is in college. I actually thought Kody's speech was okay, but, the man is an egomaniac.  I think he knows it though.  

I didn't understand how the reception worked. It appeared that those who attended the wedding ceremony ate a nice meal afterwards.  THEN later, the other larger crowd showed up for the dancing.  But, I didn't see any food at that thing. So......I don't get it.  They got dancing and cake only?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I really hate the way Aspyn is copying Christine during the couch interviews.

All the over the top eye bugging, laughing and mouth gaping open in total astonishment at everything Mitch says.

It's not cute and looks/sounds fake and childish

IMO she looked like a damn fool smashing the cake into Mitch's face.

I'm not a Mitch fan but I have to say he carried himself well and was a perfect gentleman even though his wife acted like a jackass.

• Love 20

Been hate watching for years now, was interested this episode in how people are frustrated with Christine. If I were friends with any of these dopes it would be her. Yes, she kind of simple (I don't mean that unkindly), but she is upbeat and warm and sees the glass half full. She would be much more fun than sourpuss Meri, stealthy Robyn and spineless Janelle.

• Love 22
23 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I wish someone would tell Christine to stifle it once in a while. Have never seen anyone who could talk non stop almost forever and never say one meaningful thing. 

I'm guessing you've never met my mother in law.  Christine doesn't hold a candle to her in the boring, useless chatter department.

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Janelle probably had a pizza stashed in her hat

Well she DID.... but Tony found it and snatched it before the ceremony.  This caused a big fight but luckily the camera crew were inside with Aspyn so it wasn't on the show.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Been hate watching for years now, was interested this episode in how people are frustrated with Christine. If I were friends with any of these dopes it would be her. Yes, she kind of simple (I don't mean that unkindly), but she is upbeat and warm and sees the glass half full. She would be much more fun than sourpuss Meri, stealthy Robyn and spineless Janelle.

I like her bubbly nature but I wish Christine would tone it back and try acting/talking like an adult.

She always tries way too hard and says stupid shit like "angels singingK* instead of just saying that in her opinion the property was lovely and the view was amazing.

I think she would get on my nerves if I had to be around her for more than a day or two.

And Janelle sounded like a complete moron with her..."I might crack open the cheque book and buy the place right now, the others can just accept it"  then a few minutes later they're at the other property and she's all ready to buy that one...... Jeez Janelle maybe wait until you see all the properties and figure out which one Robyn wants before you start cracking open the Brown family vault.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

This!   What the heck??  It just came across really stupid.

Not only did it seem odd when they did it, but, in the cameo on the couch she acted like she didn't do it.  Like, she wasn't the instigator.  Very strange.  Her behavior was more like a 12 year-old child.  So, this is something that she planned and it still came off like that.........any chance that she might have had too much to drink before the ceremony, just to calm her nerves? It's all that I can think of . 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I didn't understand how the reception worked. It appeared that those who attended the wedding ceremony ate a nice meal afterwards.  THEN later, the other larger crowd showed up for the dancing.  But, I didn't see any food at that thing. So......I don't get it.  They got dancing and cake only?  

Yes. This was explained as the wedding ceremony and dinner being only for immediate family and close friends with other friends joining for dancing and cake later. I didn't like that approach but I guess it wasn't my wedding, so...

• Love 4

Did I understand correctly that Mitch and Aspyn did the hand-fasting tradition INSTEAD of rings because, for Mitch, “the ring ceremony doesn’t necessarily hold any special meaning to him”?  What? My wedding ring holds very special meaning to me .  I have no problem with them doing the hand-fasting ceremony, but they should have rings, too. Is it so Mitch can appear more available to a possible 2nd wife?

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

Did I understand correctly that Mitch and Aspyn did the hand-fasting tradition INSTEAD of rings because, for Mitch, “the ring ceremony doesn’t necessarily hold any special meaning to him”?  What? My wedding ring holds very special meaning to me .  I have no problem with them doing the hand-fasting ceremony, but they should have rings, too. Is it so Mitch can appear more available to a possible 2nd wife?

I missed that! I thought it was some sort of family tradition. How bizarre.

Aspyn still needs to graduate? Being married is going to put a kink in her sorority life.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, suomi said:

Which person does not "belong" in this photo? Which mother is not wearing solid green or solid blue to complement the colors in the two kilts? Which mother's dress is fighting the intended image? Which mother ruined the theme of this family photo?

Frankly my dear,  (she doesn't) give a lularoe damn!   lol        (Could it be Meri Meri "quit" contrary?)

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Julia67 said:

7. Is it just me or do Kody and Christine seem like newlyweds these days?  He seems to be with her all the time and something definitely seems different there.

15. I agree with those who think Mitch doesn't care about Aspyn nearly as much as she cares about him.  He looks disinterested and has an air of "I know you don't want plural marriage, but I'm here to tell ya, it's gonna happen."

By process of elimination, I have a feeling Christine is the only wife with whom Kody is having marital relations.  Meri is no longer on the schedule; Janelle is not interested and Robyn is keeping him at bay, because she doesn't want to get pregnant again or has lost interest. Or both.

My father used to say that in every relationship one person cares more than the other.  And that the person who cared less had the most power.  Clearly, Mitch is the one who cares less.  

• Love 8

Oh yes.  I meant to mention that Dream A Little Dream Of Me, is a great song.  Mama Cass could sing it like no one else.  I'm partial to Cass and Karen Carpenter songs, because I'm an alto, and can sing along with them.  

The cake looked good.  The smeary kiss was something I could have done without.  I don't even remember TonyMykeltie doing that.  

I think Mitch would have been OK with eloping.  The TLC cash must have been too enticing.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

th?id=OIP.qkPu8EsY4Lmz5JgGppD7eQHaE7&pid

I see A Lot of blue in this photo, mostly solid blue. Christine, mother of the bride, wore green to complement both kilts but also stand out while staying within the theme. Those who wore floral prints stayed with blue. Which immediate family member wore a dress with an ugly Silly String print that didn't include blue? Which adult sister didn't wear blue? 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I hate to sound mean.....I rarely do, but, I got this feeling when Aspyn was dancing almost like when her mother sang at the last wedding. It's difficult to believe that she had more than one lesson.  And WHOOO cannot slow dance?  I've never heard of that.  We were able to slow dance  as a kid in school.  I don't understand the challenge. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7

I was happy to notice, in the scene in Christine's kitchen, that on her June wall calendar, the Thursday before Aspyn's wedding and two days after Ysabel's birthday, someone had written "Dr. Camp."

Also I bet Aspyn wanted to elope to avoid the TV cameras.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hate to sound mean.....I rarely do, but, I got this feeling when Aspyn was dancing almost like when her mother sang at the last wedding. It's difficult to believe that she had more than one lesson.  And WHOOO cannot slow dance?  I've never heard of that.  We were able to slow dance  as a kid in school.  I don't understand the challenge. 

It's usually related to self-esteem. Being overly shy, being socially awkward, wanting to blend in and not stand out or be noticed, not having rhythm, fear of failure and not measuring up to others, etc. For some people dancing in public is almost like going naked in public and in their minds both are rated equally as difficult. We don't expect anyone to walk around nude but we expect everyone to dance. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 19