Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Aspyn's Royal Wedding

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Kody in his kilt looked like a potato wrapped in a handkerchief - WAY too short.  

The kilt would have been the right length if he did not have the waist pulled up so high. He looked like he had a tennis ball sized cyst on one of his knees; maybe a visit to Dr. Pimple Popper is in order.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Did we notice Robyn's now-you-see-it-now-you-don't camel toe in the leggings she wore while they were trying on their fascinators? She also wore skin tight jeggings with a short top during the couch convos. "Our belief in modesty" is a thing of the past with that one. Meri also. Tunics, ladies, tunics - the whole world wears them with bottoms so tight we can see every little detail of lady fronts and lady butts. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, deirdra said:

When they visited Seattle, Meri tried on and wore to lunch a hat that actually looked sort of cute and Robyn and the others got exactly what they asked for in Seattle.  Maybe Hannah made that monstrosity with funeral flowers to get back at Meri for something.

I totally thought Hannah punked Meri with that gawd awful mess of a hat... It was horrible and looked nothing like the hat Meri tried on in Seattle.

I laughed so hard at Meri as she pouted and made an ass of herself.... Jeeez suck it up and STFU it's not about you... In fact I think they all would have preferred if she stayed home.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The kilt would have been the right length if he did not have the waist pulled up so high. He looked like he had a tennis ball sized cyst on one of his knees; maybe a visit to Dr. Pimple Popper is in order.

I sort of tune out his endless yammering, jockeying to get himself in.every.single.camera.shot, but I think he did say something about a sore knee when they were talking about dancing.

• Love 6

First thoughts on this train wreck:  I was really annoyed when Christine was crying about never getting an actual marriage certificate.  First they're saying they don't want the government in their business, then they're saying they want the government to bless their business.  Which is it?  The reason gay marriage is now allowed is because they basically are following all the rules/laws that heterosexuals do.  If this country would legalize polygamy they would have to legalize ALL forms (bisexuals marrying both sexes, couples marrying couples, one person in a 3 person marriage marrying another person who is NOT choosing to marry the other two.... the possibilities are endless!!)  Imagine the amount of tax dollars us boring monogamists would have to spend on courts dealing with any of these relationships unraveling.  And if their marriage was legally recognized do they realize they would give up all the advantages they currently have?  Christine would not have been getting those food stamps.  I'm sure at least 3 of the wives are filing taxes as head of household - sorry that would be gone.

Aspyn's dress was VERY poorly fitted.  I get she wanted a dramatic back but she should have gone a little higher with slightly thicker straps so we wouldn't have gotten all the back fat.

The hat Hannah brought Meri really didn't look like the one she tried on.  Those flowers were terrible.

• Love 23

I didn't like that dress on Aspyn... Don't wear a backless dress if you're chubby

That type of dress looks best on slim girls with toned back and arms.

Her back fat was muffin topping over the edge of the fabric.  😲

Plus she acted like a prima donna with her endless fussing, bossing, snapping at people and giving orders. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Aspyn's dress was VERY poorly fitted. 

This!

I couldn't believe how bad the fit was... Did she go with no alterations and wear it straight off the rack??

It was a mess front and back...  Just awful.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, suomi said:

Did we notice Robyn's now-you-see-it-now-you-don't camel toe in the leggings she wore while they were trying on their fascinators? She also wore skin tight jeggings with a short top during the couch convos. "Our belief in modesty" is a thing of the past with that one. Meri also. Tunics, ladies, tunics - the whole world wears them with bottoms so tight we can see every little detail of lady fronts and lady butts. 

Oh if only that were true. Unfortunately it seems half the world now considers leggings (some bordering on tights) as appropriate bottoms to wear with short tops and nothing else. Camel toe is the least of what I see on an almost daily basis. Lumps, bulges, cellulite, an obvious lack of underwear...

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

During couch interviews when Meri said the wife with the marriage certificate isn’t the one in charge or something to that effect....... LMAO 😂 OH HELL YES , MANJAW ROBIN IS IN CHARGE . What she says GOES.  Also, Robin should never sit on that side of the couch again, during close ups her profile looked awful , she looked like a cartoon wicked witch with the huge nose & chin ( all was missing was a big ol wart) 

kodys nonstop talking & lame jokes is so annoying. No one ever laughs , he & the kids  seems uncomfortable with each other all the time. His dance with Aspen was bizarro.  Aspen is like a goofy minime of Christine.  Meri looked HIDEOUS

Edited by DNR
Fix some words
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Did Robyn pretend to cry (not that she gives two craps about any of Kody's other kids) and wipe big old mascara eye boogers on her clothes?  

I wish TLC would hire and film a body language expert studying these people...especially Robyn...so we can get the REAL dirt!   lol

• Love 5
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

When they visited Seattle, Meri tried on and wore to lunch a hat that actually looked sort of cute and Robyn and the others got exactly what they asked for in Seattle.  Maybe Hannah made that monstrosity with funeral flowers to get back at Meri for something.

If I had the opportunity, I would definitely try to get back at Meri for something. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Goodnight said:

His manspreading was very whoa.

Yeah.  How about that?  Sitting there in the front row with his knees approximately in the middle of the seats on either side?  God bless you, cameraman/woman.  (somehow I think it might be a woman)

Manspreading is so annoying and rude all by itself, but his wearing a kilt made you have to look.  Cody Brown, the thirstiest man on tv.

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

the wedding venue was gorgeous.  I tell ya I would have dived face first into that chocolate cake. Nom nom. I hope they got a deep discount  on the venue, because that would be one hella expensive location. I hope cheque cleared as the Browns’ are spending money like it’s going out of style. 

Kody is an complete asshat. I’d like to smack the smug off of him. His comment about the marriage bed was creepy, and disturbing. His wedding speech was so cringe. Now Mitch is a king? Cuz he married into the Brown family? Get real. He also didn’t like Logan drinking , and sniffed the ‘gasoline’ and made a face. I love it that the older sons are doing their own thing. 

I liked Mitch more this episode. He seems like a gentle guy, and rather shy. Aspen had that nervous energy of someone not comfortable with herself yet. When they danced together it was pretty evident that they are still virgins. 

Robchin  prayed for a 7 bedroom house, and got it. God is a magic 8 ball, and ATM machine according to Robyn. The stupid is strong in this inbred woman. 

Meri looked hideous, and if edgy equals ugly, she had it down.  Mariah and Meri share the same dark brown sharpie for doing their brows. Do they not look in the mirror? 

Mitch’s Mom is a very sexy lady. She has all of the confidence that the sister skanks lack. I loved the red heels she always wearing, and she handled Meri’s hat situation with grace, but yet added a little shade to keep it real. 

Truly’s dramatic reaction when Mitch dipped Aspen on the dance floor was gold. Someone needs to make a gif of it. I could watch it a million times.

Also lived for Ari’s flower basket toss. 

Is Tony pregnant? 

C23BEA39-EDFC-4E36-BF3F-7987C1EAFC79.jpeg

He looks well into his second trimester.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Yeah.  How about that?  Sitting there in the front row with his knees approximately in the middle of the seats on either side?  God bless you, cameraman/woman.  (somehow I think it might be a woman)

Manspreading is so annoying and rude all by itself, but his wearing a kilt made you have to look.  Cody Brown, the thirstiest man on tv.

The man has no shame, I was hoping for an updraft but instead got to focus on his knobbly knees. I think Logan could have carried off that kilt, how is he Kodys son?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This!

I couldn't believe how bad the fit was... Did she go with no alterations and wear it straight off the rack??

It was a mess front and back...  Just awful.

There was a shot of her back which wasn’t too flattering with a side bulge, however I think she was definitely the loveliest of the brides. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

There was a shot of her back which wasn’t too flattering with a side bulge, however I think she was definitely the loveliest of the brides. 

Can't hang in for the whole episode--too long and boring (do we really care about the logistics/cars that they need to get to Utah?)--but I did tune in later for the wedding. Aspen did look lovely even if her dress choice could have been more flattering. I like a dramatic back to a dress, but it has to fit properly and be the type that looks good for a person's figure.

On another note--really didn't care for any of the wives' ensembles. In particular, Janelle's and Meri's--what were they thinking?

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Robchin  prayed for a 7 bedroom house, and got it. God is a magic 8 ball, and ATM machine according to Robyn. The stupid is strong in this inbred woman.    Mitch’s Mom is a very sexy lady. She has all of the confidence that the sister skanks lack. I loved the red heels she always wearing, and she handled Meri’s hat situation with grace, but yet added a little shade to keep it real. 

Loved this!!

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Her relationship with Robyn seems similar with the one Maddy has with Christine.  How did that happen?  Kody is always carrying Ariella.   

Didn't Aspyn live with Robyn for awhile and probably living with her at the time this was filmed? 

I'm not sure I would want to wear a hat and I was a little iffy on how it would look for just the moms to wear them, but then having most of Mitch's family wear them too I thought the overall look turned out really nice and fun. 

• Love 6

Robyn has some seriously powerful prayers! She gets literally everything she prays for!

I'm sorry but if staying close as a family was important, why was each wife given the task of finding a rental - whatever size, whatever cost and wherever in Flagstaff? That's the most ridiculous plan. Shouldn't these things be decided by committee also?  

Also, since they are planning their future. Would love for them to discuss what happens in typical polygamous families when the children are all grown up and gone? 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

7. Is it just me or do Kody and Christine seem like newlyweds these days?  He seems to be with her all the time and something definitely seems different there.

YES! Last week I thought she was happy because she was second in line to Robyn with no other competition. This week I think Christine has assumed first wife status. Robyn seems more annoyed with Kody so he is probably preferring fun and newly thinner Christine.  Christine is back on top and super pumped.

4 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

1. Mary's eyebrows.  Again.  The worst.  Does she have ANY real eyebrows.  It totally looks like she draws them on with a gray pencil using an eyebrow stencil.  Does NO ONE tell her how bad her make up is?  She looks like an oompa loompa with gray eyebrows.

Honestly, I can't stand it. Meri needs a makeover quick. Her coloring, her hair. Her makeup. Awful. I don't dislike her but I just wish she would figure this out.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, JustDuckie said:

Mitch's mother should have made Kody a hat too. One that would cover all of his fraggle rock hair and most of his face. Oof.

Just now watching.  LOL, Fraggle Rock, perfect description.

Not to necessarily be snarky, but does the officiant look cross-eyed?  And he's Meri's brother-in-law?  Polygamist?  

Wow, FT has gained some F.  He needs a bro (bra in woman-speak.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

So I guess I'm the only one who liked Meri's original hat out of the box. I wanted her to turn towards the camera so that I could see it on her at least. But I did like the new version too, and I guess I'm also the only one who liked her dress, which was obviously LuLaRoe. But, if she was going to get a black hat anyway (based on what she discussed during their first visit with Hannah) why did she have to change dresses? Weird.

The venue was stunning, and I completely agree about how great it is to just show up as opposed to having family and friends making crafts and putting up decorations on the day of the wedding. 

Hate to criticize, but Aspyn giggling through the whole ceremony was kind of annoying. And their dance was sluggish. I thought the father-daughter dance was funny, and Kody and Hannah looked great together as well. He really is not a bad dancer.

I liked the scene where Kody teased Logan about drinking gasoline. I will bet there's a part of Kody that would enjoy holding court at a gentleman's club with a scotch in one hand and a cigar in the other, lol.

Overall, a very nice wedding. Now, on to Arizona!

• Love 15

* No one looked good in those stupid hats.

* Christine shouldn't wear green. She could have looked amazing in another color (and ditch the hat). 

* Meri--WTF? Looks like she escaped from a malfunctioning paint factory. 

* Robyn is the only one who looked good in her dress.

* Did Janelle wear what she did to ruin everything? Looks like lumpy mashed potatoes wrapped in blue satin had a frisbee thrown on top. Why does she wear dresses that are the most unflattering she can find?

• LOL 9
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

* Did Janelle wear what she did to ruin everything? Looks like lumpy mashed potatoes wrapped in blue satin had a frisbee thrown on top. Why does she wear dresses that are the most unflattering she can find?

I thought her hat looked like a frisbee, too!    I do think it was really kind of Hannah to make everyone a hat - afterall, it was THEIR responsibility to choose one that was flattering.  If the hats looked weird - that's on them!  lol

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

15. I agree with those who think Mitch doesn't care about Aspyn nearly as much as she cares about him.  He looks disinterested and has an air of "I know you don't want plural marriage, but I'm here to tell ya, it's gonna happen."

That's 100% where I am with this. 

I also felt that dress was all wrong for Aspyn and was not flattering at all. Her hair and makeup were nice. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Didn't Aspyn live with Robyn for awhile and probably living with her at the time this was filmed? 

Off the wedding discussion for a minute:

I'm still dying to know why Aspyn was living with Robyn when Robyn already had 5 kids and a neice and an occasional Kody living in the house. It had to have been crowded and uncomfortable. It makes no sense. 

Also, did Christine say she bought the house in Flagstaff? So, Christine has a mortgage on the Vegas house, a mortgage on this Flagstaff house and also contributed to the land they bought in Flagstaff and will have a mortgage when they build on that land! How is she getting loans approved for all this? Something just doesn't smell right with these people. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 22

Just my opinion-

Kilts are not worn that short. They just just cover the knee. Most men wear it just above the top of the socks.

Why oh why can these women not find clothes that fir or look flattering??? Wearing a dress that clings to every lump and bump is not classy or flattering!

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Gennacide said:

You could cut a diamond with Sobyns chin in this episode.  Also anyone notice how many times she rolled her eyes when Kody was talking about not wanting to live away from Aspyn?  

That probably REALLY upset her, because only HER children are supposed to count! How many times does she have to preach that to him?    I get the impression from things that have been said that Areola is a bit of a brat.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I didn't like that dress on Aspyn... Don't wear a backless dress if you're chubby

That type of dress looks best on slim girls with toned back and arms.

Her back fat was muffin topping over the edge of the fabric.  😲

Maddie & Mykelti displayed their back-fat muffin-tops and ham-hock arms too; I thought that was why Aspyn was originally looking for a dress with long sleeves.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Kody and Hannah looked great together as well. He really is not a bad dancer.

That's because Hannah knows how to dance and was leading.  That was the best dancing I've ever seen Kody do.  Of course he started his usual bouncing with non-dancer Aspyn and his ewes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Found this article that gives a little insight into the Flagstaff homes but not much else.  How is Robyn paying $3500 plus the mortgage in Flagstaff plus down payment on land?  (I can't remember whose house actually sold in Flagstaff.) Same with Christine--how is she affording a $500K home with all the other payments still hanging around.  

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2018/12/22/sister-wives-news-kody-brown-rents-robyn-brown-huge-house-janelle-gets-smaller-rental/

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I'm not going to comment on the print of Meri's dress, I'm simply going to point out that it would have been WAY more flattering if she had gone just one size larger.  She insists on stuffing herself into too small clothes and ends up looking far worse than she should.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Well I asked this on the Robyn forum but it seems pretty inactive........and since we were watching this episode last night, I will ask about it here. In lots of the talking heads with Robyn, she is wearing some pendant which my hubby thought was a Jewish Star. Has anyone else noticed it and, I couldn't get a good look at it but I thought it might actually be a claddagh (which would make more sense) but it did look somewhat like a star of David.

Anyone else?

OH yea and Hubby keeps commenting on how much weight they have all gained. I thought they have always been about that size but he said--- no they are putting on weight.

And he was talking about the females, not Tony! 🙂

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm not going to comment on the print of Meri's dress, I'm simply going to point out that it would have been WAY more flattering if she had gone just one size larger.  She insists on stuffing herself into too small clothes and ends up looking far worse than she should.

The dress was hideous and far too small, she doesn't have the body for a form-fitting silhouette.  Meri mentioned that she borrowed that dress from a friend at the last minute.  Perplexing, because she knew the hat was going to be black, so why didn't she have a dress of her own that would match (even Meri shouldn't find it hard to coordinate black to another color).

I still am shaking my head over the wedgies!

• Love 13