Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Star City 2040

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, ladylaw99 said:

I liked it there is nothing else I can add that everyone else mentioned except I wanted one shot, just one shot of Oliver holding baby Mia.

Seriously. I can't imagine any reason why there'd be any more flash forward flashbacks to Mia's birth/infancy this season, but if we don't get this in early S8, I will riot.

Edited by KenyaJ
Edited because I forgot to say "this season," and that qualifier makes a big difference!
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Seriously. I can't imagine any reason why there'd be any more flash forward flashbacks to Mia's birth/infancy, but if we don't get this in early S8, I will riot.

I don't expect much from this show but I would be on a high if I got that one shot.  

• Love 1

Well, I got a chance to watch tonight, and I enjoyed it. Though I really missed Oliver. Mia stomping around and fighting people does not make up for the absence of her father in my book. 

I have to say that I wish they'd cool it on all the "hero" talk--who is one, what it takes to be one, how great your suffering is when you are one. Heroes don't talk about being heroes. They make sacrifices and protect and serve others because that's who they are. 

image.thumb.png.018b0eeff8e117ed8bd0a785e42a29d2.png

Edited by bethy
  • Love 5

Smoak Tech was up and running when Mia was a kid so they're pretty well off, especially if Felicity can bankroll William's tech company. So why was Mia sneering at Will being a billionaire? All that "you reek of money" talk? Just to sell the tough girl on the streets persona? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I forgot about Will saying not to worry about the DNA scan cause he changed his last name. I’m like 🧐.

The hug between Dinah and Felicity was less awkward on rewatch. Felicity does give Roy an interesting look here. 

They really didn’t make clear Rene’s involvement or knowledge. Did he believe Star City was being evacuated and he just found out it wasn’t? They don’t say. It’s way too easy to believe he was in on everything and he’s faking his ignorance now to cover his ass. 

4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

They really didn’t make clear Rene’s involvement or knowledge. Did he believe Star City was being evacuated and he just found out it wasn’t? They don’t say. It’s way too easy to believe he was in on everything and he’s faking his ignorance now to cover his ass. 

I thought he said that when talking to Dinah/Zoe?  That SC would be evacuated before the bomb and, then they would rebuild making SC like The Glades.  When he came back, having a change of heart he said that they (Zoe/Dinah) were right, Galaxy had moved up the SC bombing to that night and, that they weren't planning on evacuating SC.  That's why he had a change of heart and, was helping them, even going undercover with Galaxy at the end.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Yeah, Rene still isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He genuinely thought that it was a real plan to level the city but everyone would be evacuated first. The when Zoe talked to him, he checked into it and found that they were planning to kill all the people too, which really anyone with a brain could have told him. I guess he's a mole in the organization now.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:46 AM, tv echo said:

(claireice)

I love William's eyeroll at Mia's snarky "Now there are two of them."

On 3/19/2019 at 2:22 AM, kickingnames said:

I really enjoyed it. I was shouting at the tv, squealing, instantly  replaying little moments I loved — it felt a little like old school Arrow. The stuff with OTA 2.0 was such fun, and Felicity was the best as usual. I never thought I could enjoy an Oliver-less episode of this show so much (I usually don’t last more than a few minutes). I’ll do a full rewatch later (most of you have aleady pointed out the things I loved), but a couple of things I’ll mention now:

Who knew that one of the best episodes of the season would be the flash forward one.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:27 PM, Mellowyellow said:

I thought Mia lived in the clock tower?

It looked like the clock tower to me, and it would have been lovely if true, but I think Lyla destroyed the clock tower when she shot the mirakuru soldiers from her helicopter.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:01 PM, Mellowyellow said:

Upon the rewatch I have decided that when you do love your deceased/missing/vanished husband you appear significantly "softer" than your cutthroat MIL even if you are now the family matriarch.

I believe that Moira genuinely loved her deceased husband, even with the infidelity.

Moira and Felicity have more in common than just the blonde hairstyle. For example, they take power when they need to and  they'll do whatever it takes to protect the people that they love even if it is illegal. Fortunately, Felicity would never ignore the illegitimate child of her husband.

• Love 5

My Lord Katherine McNamara is a terrible actor. She was bad in Shadowhunters but, oddly, because that show is so terrible it didn't bug me so much. It seemed weirdly apropos like it was a part of the ridiculous Shadowhunters package.

Also, Mia has the worst origin story ever. Oh no, she had a perfect upper middle class childhood in an idyllic rural town, ran away from home in a pique because of thecrats and lieths and then got tattoos and did cage fights like some bad movie about rebellious teen lesbians. 

None of which detracts from what was a surprisingly-enjoyable episode that is clearly the producers' new attempt at Arrow: The Next Generation. 

Which is to say - this would have actually been an okay pilot for a new show of a rather lame superhero.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

believe that Moira genuinely loved her deceased husband, even with the infidelity.

Moira and Felicity have more in common than just the blonde hairstyle. For example, they take power when they need to and  they'll do whatever it takes to protect the people that they love even if it is illegal. Fortunately, Felicity would never ignore the illegitimate child of her husband.

See I don't think she did. Especially with all the Emiko stuff. I don't blame her at all for that but I actually thought it was her who blew him up until you guys told me it was Merlyn.

She remarried pretty quickly too. Again I don't blame the woman but I don't think she loved him. More like wanted to keep things looking nice.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

See I don't think she did. Especially with all the Emiko stuff. I don't blame her at all for that but I actually thought it was her who blew him up until you guys told me it was Merlyn.

She remarried pretty quickly too. Again I don't blame the woman but I don't think she loved him. More like wanted to keep things looking nice.

I think she loved him in her own way.  But not like she did her kids or even Walter

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think she loved him in her own way.  But not like she did her kids or even Walter

I was so sad when I realised she didn't blow him up. I would have totes blown him up 😂

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • LOL 4

I do like that they have have come full circle on the plot. S1, the Glades was a dump and had to be destroyed for to make glorious Starling City. Now, in S7, Star City must be destroyed for to make glorious The Glades.

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I don't know if this has been addressed, but how does this tie into what we saw in Legends of Tomorrow?

It has no relation to the Star City 2046 episode and I don't think it's ever been made clear how/if it relates to the future Zari comes from.

One of the biggest disappointments of this episode (and FF in general) is that all of the present day characters that are featured just go back to right where we left them in present day. No one has changed that much except for some greys and it's all just very predictable. 

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

One of the biggest disappointments of this episode (and FF in general) is that all of the present day characters that are featured just go back to right where we left them in present day. No one has changed that much except for some greys and it's all just very predictable. 

I don't know.

Rene in the future is mayor and some corporate type guy which is different then Rene in the present. Dinah has created a Vigilante network (which I'm assuming we will learn more about in the big Birds of prey episode) while in the present she's questioning what side of the law she wants to be on. And Felicity created a fake evil alter ego to take down an evil organisation who is using tech that we see her starting to create in the present. So I think they've shown changes between the present and future while still connecting the story. 

I'm not a fan of the flash forwards A. Because they are filled with plot canyons instead of plot holes. B. They're dour and miserable and C. They kind of crap on the present day characters in order to service and prop up the writers new toys/potential spin off of Team Arrow-next generation.

For instance Oliver Felicity and Diggle lied to their children and to their team mates about huge parts of their lives (and to be honest Felicity kinda acted like it was no big deal), Rene and Dinah turned on each other and the rest of the team, Thea and Roy's big love story has obviously ended with either breakup/divorce/death (and Roy doesn't contribute much to the flash forwards anyway that I don't know why they even brought him back), Oliver and Felicity seemingly never made any effort to try and establish a relationship with William or at the very least explain to him what was preventing them from being able to keep a relationship to the point that he didn't even know he had a sister or wtf was going on until 20 years later, while Felicity and Oliver chose to be vigilantes/heroes they basically took their daughters child hood away from her and forced her to learn how to become a Vigilante, and Barry, Team Flash,  Kara and the Legends must have gone on early retirement when Star City became a dystopian hell ground. Plus in 2019 I think it's absolutely the wrong message to have a story about a city being prosperous through building a wall to keep undesirables out. 

That being said I felt this episode was the first of the flash forwards that I felt really moved the story forward at least and had momentum, where as previous episodes have dragged and are more interested in the gotcha moment then the story. So I enjoyed them somewhat more then I have the rest of the season.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I don't know.

Rene in the future is mayor and some corporate type guy which is different then Rene in the present. Dinah has created a Vigilante network (which I'm assuming we will learn more about in the big Birds of prey episode) while in the present she's questioning what side of the law she wants to be on. And Felicity created a fake evil alter ego to take down an evil organisation who is using tech that we see her starting to create in the present. So I think they've shown changes between the present and future while still connecting the story. 

And yet they are all back to practically being a team by the end of the episode. Rene is back with his friends, Felicity's "Calculator" was all off screen  and a charade . We were lead to believe that she was dead and went bad, none of which were true. It would've been nice if one of TA truly did become the big bad that they are fighting against in the future, fighting for something that they believe in that puts them at odds with the others. 

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

It would've been nice if one of TA truly did become the big bad that they are fighting against in the future, fighting for something that they believe in that puts them at odds with the others. 

I volunteer Rene and/or Dinah. Rene could easily turn on the others/Star City/anyone who’s not himself (again). Dinah’s just ... odd ... in the future. I think it wouldn’t be so bad if she didn’t pretend she didn’t want to trust William because he’s Oliver’s son and she wasn’t telling everyone she ran into that Felicity was totally evil, but she did. And then acted like she didn’t, even before the reunion with Felicity. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Felicity and Oliver chose to be vigilantes/heroes they basically took their daughters child hood away from her and forced her to learn how to become a Vigilante, 

I agreed with the rest of your list but quibble here.  From what we saw she had a very lovely childhood, just confined to a small town and was homeschooled and they didn't make her a vigilante, just trained her so she could be.  We didn't' see anything that suggested that Mia was upset about learning to fight.  But yeah, all the rest was pretty terrible.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

And yet they are all back to practically being a team by the end of the episode. Rene is back with his friends, Felicity's "Calculator" was all off screen  and a charade . We were lead to believe that she was dead and went bad, none of which were true. It would've been nice if one of TA truly did become the big bad that they are fighting against in the future, fighting for something that they believe in that puts them at odds with the others. 

So you wish Felicity was evil and dead? It's been fairly obvious with how much they tried to hit the audience over the head that Felicity was dead and evil that opposite would prove true.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mary0360 said:

So you wish Felicity was evil and dead? It's been fairly obvious with how much they tried to hit the audience over the head that Felicity was dead and evil that opposite would prove true.

I wouldn't have minded if they went through with one or the other. I knew she wouldn't be dead or evil so of course it wasn't any kind of surprise when she wasn't since yeah when they hit you over the head with something usually they do the opposite. Even giving us a harsher Felicity would've been nice.

16 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Twenty years is a long time but not so long that most people would fundamentally change their sense of right or wrong.  Felicity was very true to character and it's hard to be both evil and dead ON screen at the same time.  And of course neither were true, lol. 

Mayor of the Glades Rene is pretty much a progression of what was important to him so while it's a big change, it's still logical for the character (as was his stupidity and willingness to sell out people for what he wants)

Dinah apparently decided who she really was, a vigilante (that doesn't dye her hair or use sunscreen) and left being a cop behind which is a pretty major change for a life long cop.  

I would have been in favor of one of the NTA going evil but instead of selling them as evil, the show sold them as heroic but not personally trustworthy.  Which is a choice I guess.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Twenty years is a long time but not so long that most people would fundamentally change their sense of right or wrong.  Felicity was very true to character and it's hard to be both evil and dead ON screen at the same time.  And of course neither were true, lol. 

20 years in a harsh environment is enough to harden a person. Some best "evil" characters are the ones who see themselves as the heroes and the "heroes" as the villains, with Star City going to shit, Felicity truly giving into more of her "Calculator" ways then her Overwatch ones that puts her at odds with everyone else would've worked fine. But hey if they wanted her to be evil and dead they could've just gone full comic book and have her upload an AI version of herself online lol.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I agreed with the rest of your list but quibble here.  From what we saw she had a very lovely childhood, just confined to a small town and was homeschooled and they didn't make her a vigilante, just trained her so she could be.  We didn't' see anything that suggested that Mia was upset about learning to fight.  But yeah, all the rest was pretty terrible.  

I don't know, because Mia feels she was robbed of a normal childhood, it makes me think she didn't really get much say in her life or that she was happy with how she was raised. Maybe there will be other flash forwards that contradict that down the track but so far it seems like she had a sheltered but fairly lonely and crappy childhood. I get Felicity and Oliver obviously will have their reasons for that, but I feel like if Mia is being set up as a spin off character that they've sort of made Oliver and Felicity into "bad parents" in order they give Mia's story drive. 

So much of the flash forwards could reach the same goal without having to crap on other characters to do so. Like Mia and William knowing about each other and having a childhood together from the start, working together to figure out why their parents are missing. But I've accepted we are stuck with the future we have got now I just hope they find someway to reverse it and not keep the future as is for a possible spin off. 

2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

20 years in a harsh environment is enough to harden a person. Some best "evil" characters are the ones who see themselves as the heroes and the "heroes" as the villains, with Star City going to shit, Felicity truly giving into more of her "Calculator" ways then her Overwatch ones that puts her at odds with everyone else would've worked fine. But hey if they wanted her to be evil and dead they could've just gone full comic book and have her upload an AI version of herself online lol.

I think because they already have Black Siren in the is she evil or is she good question mark  role this season they probably didn't want to overwhelm the show with having Felicity go evil also. Especially if they are spinning off Mia and William. Plus Felicity being evil/dead was just a red herring to hide their gotcha like William not recognising his sister was. 

18 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

don't know, because Mia feels she was robbed of a normal childhood, it makes me think she didn't really get much say in her life or that she was happy with how she was raised. Maybe there will be other flash forwards that contradict that down the track but so far it seems like she had a sheltered but fairly lonely and crappy childhood. I get Felicity and Oliver obviously will have their reasons for that, but I feel like if Mia is being set up as a spin off character that they've sort of made Oliver and Felicity into "bad parents" in order they give Mia's story drive. 

She only said she was mad at not having a normal childhood because she found out that Felicity was still a vigilante, making the whole point of them hiding outside of the city almost worthless while Felicity continues to put her life in danger. That's why they had that beginning interaction between her and Felicity to show that she didn't have a miserable childhood or life growing up because she cared about her mom and believed her reasoning for being secluded, even if she tried to push the envelope after getting older. It's just when secrets came out did she believe that she was robbed, so I think it's more of the Felicity keeping a secret and still being a vigilante thing that she is bothered by more than her actual upbringing. 

And if they were bad parents, I don't think the show would have set up the whole episode to bring Mia and Felicity back to a good relationship (after again explaining that it was Felicity keeping everything a secret that bothered her and having Mia literally say that she understands Felicity's position and feels sympathy to how it must have felt for the public to be against them) and have Mia be almost reverent when she refers to Oliver if they wanted to make that the drive. I think the drive is still just basically Connor's speech about deciding to continue to be heroes like their parents or not. 

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Felicity didn't spend 20 years in a harsh environment.  She spent the majority of it in a lovely country cottage lovingly raising her daughter, running her fabulously successful company while also fighting for justice in secret.  

46 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I get Felicity and Oliver obviously will have their reasons for that, but I feel like if Mia is being set up as a spin off character that they've sort of made Oliver and Felicity into "bad parents" in order they give Mia's story drive. 

I feel they showed that Felicity and Oliver made sure their daughter was loved and sheltered and given a peaceful and safe childhood that also included them making sure she would be able to protect herself.  

Yeah, once Mia found out her mom was a secret vigilante she decided everything in her life had been a lie covering up what her mom really did and she was pissed but apart from wishing she'd have more experiences, I can't look at Mia's childhood and say she had bad parents.  Kids don't always get all the life experiences they'd like in their childhood but she was loved and had a pretty great relationship with her mom until she found out her hidden life.  

I mean before this episode I was half expecting to find out that Mia was separated from her mom her whole childhood and left to raise herself in a dangerous world so the idyllic country cabin may not have been as exciting as Mia wanted, but I can't conclude from that her parents were bad.  Overprotective, sure.  But Mia she wasn't locked up or anything.  There's no reason to think she didn't have play dates even if she didn't go to school with everyone.  

She might have been lonely because she couldn't share her true history with people but that was necessity that she accepted until she thought it had been a ruse to make her mom look better.  Now she understands that her mom had been telling the truth about her dad and Vigilantes and the need to hide in plain sight.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Why should Felicity raise Mia in a harsh environment when there’s no reason for her to do so? Present-day Felicity has been saying about how she’d do anything to make sure her kids are safe. Making sure William stayed away and keeping Mia out of Star City is how she protected her kids.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Why should Felicity raise Mia in a harsh environment when there’s no reason for her to do so? Present-day Felicity has been saying about how she’d do anything to make sure her kids are safe. Making sure William stayed away and keeping Mia out of Star City is how she protected her kids.

To me it would've just been better. Mia acts like she's had a tough life and is angry all the time, harsher environment would fit that and not like Felicity could've made sure that she is safe if they didnt spend all of their time in a nice little cottage.

I'm still interested to see what reason the writers come up with that Olicity can't see William or let him know he has a sister beyond the grandparents seemingly not accepting their calls.

27 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Felicity didn't spend 20 years in a harsh environment.  She spent the majority of it in a lovely country cottage lovingly raising her daughter, running her fabulously successful company while also fighting for justice in secret.  

I feel they showed that Felicity and Oliver made sure their daughter was loved and sheltered and given a peaceful and safe childhood that also included them making sure she would be able to protect herself.  

Yeah, once Mia found out her mom was a secret vigilante she decided everything in her life had been a lie covering up what her mom really did and she was pissed but apart from wishing she'd have more experiences, I can't look at Mia's childhood and say she had bad parents.  Kids don't always get all the life experiences they'd like in their childhood but she was loved and had a pretty great relationship with her mom until she found out her hidden life.  

I mean before this episode I was half expecting to find out that Mia was separated from her mom her whole childhood and left to raise herself in a dangerous world so the idyllic country cabin may not have been as exciting as Mia wanted, but I can't conclude from that her parents were bad.  Overprotective, sure.  But Mia she wasn't locked up or anything.  There's no reason to think she didn't have play dates even if she didn't go to school with everyone.  

She might have been lonely because she couldn't share her true history with people but that was necessity that she accepted until she thought it had been a ruse to make her mom look better.  Now she understands that her mom had been telling the truth about her dad and Vigilantes and the need to hide in plain sight.  

I think from Felicitys and Olivers perspective they have her a good child life because she was safe, protected and they made her strsong and able to take care of herself but the fact that Mia said she didn't go to school and seemed sad by that fact, seemed to be pushing her mum to take them back to Star City, what we were shown of her childhood consisted of her seeming to not have friends and was trained daily by a LOA I don't really blame Mia for seeing her childhood differently especially given how much Oliver and Felicity were lying to her. 

Honestly though I feel William got the shortest stick. 

Mia might have been angry at Felicity and felt her life was unfulfilled (which was why she stormed off to Star City to basically do everything she knew her mom didn't want to to do), but her POV was presented by the show as a rebellious reaction to being sheltered and not seeing the big picture. In the episode, William refutes her belief that "vigilantes are the worst!" and Connor points out that being a superhero's kid means they have to share their parents for the greater good. The show also added the detail that even though Felicity kept William away, she was still looking out for him by investing in his company. And at the end of the episode, Mia herself says that she understands the decisions that Felicity made for her.

I'd say that reveals in 716 definitively debunked all the theories that "Oliver and Felicity were bad parents" along with "Felicity is dead" and "Felicity is evil". At least as far as the show is concerned, Felicity did everything she could for her kids under the circumstances.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm still interested to see what reason the writers come up with that Olicity can't see William or let him know he has a sister beyond the grandparents seemingly not accepting their calls.

Yeah, there needs to be a very very good reason and even then I don't expect to buy it.

• Love 1

The show's pr really oversold the "Mia was raised in a bad environment and had to learn to fight because there was no one else there for her".

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Exactly. She was free to wander around and go shopping on her own. She looked like she was having fun being trained by Nyssa, not someone who learned to fight on the streets so that she wouldn't be killed or used. When she found out that Felicity had been lying to her and was secretly a vigilante, she behaved with the teenage rebellion of someone who inherited the Drama Queen rebellious genes.

What I want to know is 1. why are vigilantes so hated and 2. why Felicity didn't ever get in touch with William. He was tech savvy, if his grandparents were preventing Oliver and Felicity from speaking to him,she could have contacted him secretly.

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

People rarely do a 180, even in 20 years.  I wouldn't have predicted Rene being mayor of The Glades but it's consistent with his character -- he liked the job that Oliver and Quentin pushed him into working at City Hall, and he never was the sharpest knife in the drawer so he was easily manipulated by the bad guys.

Dinah is the same self-righteous person she always was but by around thirty (which I assume she is in present day), your personality is pretty much fixed. Dinah continues to do what she thinks is right for her in the moment.

Contrary to the "OMG, Felicity's evul!" of the first few ffs, Felicity remains grey and determined to do what she needs to do no matter the law. I can see that she would take the moniker of her law-breaker father when she wanted to do illegal things on the sly.

• Love 5
On 3/19/2019 at 8:56 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

I guess I'm in the minority in not liking this episode at all. I really don't care about anyone in Future Team Arrow or the Dystopian Star City.

I feel the same way. I've been bored with the future story lines this season. This whole season has been pretty blah for me.

I missed Oliver/Green Arrow this episode.

716 (Star City 2040) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

716 (Star City 2040) – In flashforward (flashback) scenes, we see Mia's birth and then glimpses of her childhood and teen years:
(Felicity labors to give birth in a cabin in the woods, with Oliver by her side. We hear her grunting and groaning. A female doctor is also present.)
Oliver: "I love you so much."
Felicity: "I love you so much. I'll love you even more when this baby's out of me."
(We hear a baby crying, and the doctor gives the baby to Felicity to hold. Oliver smiles and kisses the top of Felicity's head.)
(Cut to scenes of toddler Mia, then child Mia and then teen Mia being trained to fight by Nyssa in the yard outside the cabin, while Felicity watches.)
Nyssa: "You're ready."
(Nyssa opens up a box and gives teen Mia a bow and arrows. Mia shoots an arrow into a target.)

716 (Star City 2040) – DELETED SCENE: In a flashforward (flashback) scene, we see now adult Mia shooting an arrow into a target’s bullseye:
(A blindfolded Mia is in the back yard of her cabin home at night. She shoots an arrow at the target and then removes her blindfold. She sees that she’s hit the bullseye center of the target.)
Mia: “Yes.”

716 (Star City 2040) – In flashforward (flashback) scenes, Mia discovers a hidden room in their cabin and that her mother has been secretly working as a vigilante; and Mia leaves home to go to Star City, where she gets a tattoo:
Mia: "Mom, I'm home! Mrs. Carver had that cheese you love so much at the store. The one that tastes better than it smells. Mom? Mom. (Takes a knife from the knife block and walks slowly around the house. She turns and Older Felicity is there. Mia instinctively holds the knife to Older Felicity's throat.)
Older Felicity: "Whoa!"
Mia: "Seriously, Mom." (Lowers the knife)
Older Felicity: "Good instincts. Hi. How is Mrs. Carver?"
Mia: "Uh, the usual. She's had to tell me everyone's business in town. And she's trying to set me up with her son."
Older Felicity: "Henry?"
Mia: "No. The older one."
Older Felicity: "Oh, 'Cowardly Lion' Seth?"
Mia: "Isn't he more Scarecrow, though? No brains?"
Older Felicity: "Either way, not for you."
Mia: "Where were you?"
Older Felicity: "Well, I was on the phone. A meeting with Smoak Tech."
Mia: "Have you ever thought about actually going in to work? You know, we could get out of Bloomfield, go to the city. I could go with you."
Older Felicity: "Oh, you know the city's not safe for us. If anyone ever found out who your father is... or who you are..."
Mia: "Right. Right. But I know how much you love that company. And I know how to protect myself. You made sure of that."
Older Felicity: "I sure did."
Mia: "So if Dad's as big a hero as you say, then why can't we just tell everyone that?"
Older Felicity: "It's not that simple, Mia. You just have to trust me on that. I'm sorry. Hey, I was thinking a vintage movie night. A Jordan Peele marathon."
Mia: "Yeah. Sure."
Older Felicity: "Hand over that cheese."
(Cut to Mia practicing shooting a bow inside the cabin. Her arrow accidentally hits an apple and also cracks a photo of Oliver and Felicity holding Baby Mia.)
Mia: "Shoot. Um... okay."
(The photo has a blinking light. Mia pulls the arrow. A wall panel opens to reveal a secret room. Mia enters to find a fancy computer console with two large translucent screens showing large photos of Oliver as the Green Arrow and of Felicity with young William.)
Mia: "What the frak?"
(Mia works the computer console and pulls up computer files on Older Rene and Kevin Dale.)
Computerized Voice: "Intruder. Access denied."
Mia: "Frak."
Computerized Voice: "Initiating self-destruct protocol. Intruder."
Older Felicity (entering): "Mia, what are you doing?"
Mia: "What am I doing? What are you doing with all this?"
Computerized Voice: "Self-destruct... In 10...9... 8 -"
Older Felicity: "Uh, I can explain in just one second." (Works on computer)
Computerized Voice: "7, 6, 5 - Access granted."
Older Felicity: "This is just a little something that I've been working on, on the side."
Mia: "For Smoak Tech."
Older Felicity: "No, not exactly. Um... there is a corrupt company in the Glades that I am this close to exposing."
Mia: "You're hacking again. Like Overwatch."
Older Felicity: "Oh, well, no, Overwatch was part of a team, right? Team Arrow? And this is solo. So no team, no complications."
Mia: "You're a vigilante."
Older Felicity: "No, not exactly. Technically, yes, by definition -"
Mia: "How long have you been hiding this from me?
Older Felicity: "Mia."
Mia: "How long?"
Older Felicity: "Mia, I can explain."
Mia: "You realize I haven't left this town ever? I didn't get to go to school like a normal kid. I haven't even been to a real city."
Older Felicity: "I know."
Mia: "You told me that we had to hide here because Dad was the Green Arrow."
Older Felicity: "That's true."
Mia: "And now I find out that you've been doing the exact same thing the entire time."
Older Felicity: "No, your father and I promised each other that we would keep fighting for the city, to make the city better for you. And for - for our family. I can't sit back and do nothing, Mia."
Mia: "And yet that's exactly what you're telling me to do."
Older Felicity: "No, I'm not. Mia, this is different."
Mia: "Is it?"
Older Felicity: "Yes."
Mia: "Because I'm starting to believe what everyone else says, that - that vigilantes are the opposite of heroes."
Older Felicity: "That is just propaganda."
Mia: "Oh, says you! And why should I believe anything you say again?"
Mia: "You've been lying to me my whole life. I don't even know who you are."
(Cut to Felicity finding a note from Mia.)
Mia (voiceover): "Mom, I'm going to Star City. And this time, you can't stop me. I need to find out the truth about everything. About who our family really is, what I'm meant to do with my life. I can't be held back anymore. I need to forge my own path."
(Cut to Mia entering Star City in the rain. Then cut to Mia getting a tattoo on her arm.)
Tattoo Artist: "What's the black star for?"
Mia: "My mom once told me that all the starlight we see has so far to travel that the stars might not even exist anymore. Eventually, they all just fade to black. Erased. That's where I want to be. (Hears shouting nearby) What's all that?"
Tattoo Artist: "Prize fighting."
Mia: "How much you make on that?"
Tattoo Artist: "A few grand, if you win."
Mia: "I don't lose."

716 (Star City 2040) – In a flashforward scene, Mia and Adult William climb a cliff in order to get into the Glades:
(Mia is doing a handstand.)
Adult William: "Of course you can do handstand push-ups."
Mia: "Ready?"
Adult William: "You mean, risking our lives by sneaking into the Glades? No. Not at all. You?"
Mia: "Don't have anything better to do."
(Cut to cliffs near the Glades.)
Adult William: "Tell me again, why we couldn't just take the tunnels?"
Mia: "There's heat on the Canaries right now. The tunnels could be blown. So we get to do this the hard way. Are you coming or what?"
Adult William: "Show-off."
Mia: "This is gonna be a long night."
Adult William: "Great. Only five million more feet to go."
Mia: "Rest up. Once we get in the Glades, we'll have to move fast, find Felicity, and get her out before anyone knows we were here."
Adult William: "And here I thought you hated her."
Mia: "No one gets to kill my mom except me."
Adult William: "It'd be easier if we had some back-up."
Mia: "Yeah, well, if you shut up, you'll catch your breath faster."
Adult William: "I just think it was a mistake to not bring the rest of the team."
Mia: "They're not a team. They're vigilantes. Their kind ruined Star City."
Adult William: "They're not the criminals you think they are, Mia. I remember them being heroes back then. They only want to save the city."
Mia: "We got eyes on us."
Adult William: "What? (Sees a blinking camera eye up on the cliff) Save the arrow. We're okay."
Mia: "I thought you couldn't hack Archer."
Adult William: "But you can make yourself temporarily invisible." (Indicates a lighted device on his back)
Mia: "Show-off. Watch it." (Shoots a grappling arrow up the cliff face to hook onto the wall farther up)

716 (Star City 2040) – DELETED SCENE: In a flashforward scene, Mia and Adult William talk about wanting to save their mom, Felicity:
(Mia and Adult William are sitting on a ledge on the cliffs outside The Glades, having apparently spent the night on the cliffside.)
Mia: "Alright, let's do this. You're not getting cold feet now?"
Adult William: "No. I'm just thinking about all the decisions I've made in my life to lead me to this particular moment."
Mia: "You know, I'm fine doing this on my own."
Adult William: "Yes, I know that. But Felicity was my mom, too."
Mia: "She abandoned us and ruined both our lives."
Adult William: "Yet here we are, trying to save her."
Mia: "That doesn't mean I've forgiven her."
Adult William: "Look, I know you're upset. I was too for a long time. But now I just want to understand why she did it, so I can move on with my life. And if climbing into enemy territory is the only way to do that, then up we go."

716 (Star City 2040) – In a flashforward scene, Older Dinah, Adult Zoe and Older Roy get some info about Felicity's "murder" from S.C.P.D. Detective Anson; and they find out about Eden Corps using Galaxy One as their front:
Anson: "Eden Corps. They paid the S.C.P.D. to fake Smoak's death, tie up the loose ends."
Older Dinah: "Eden Corps hasn't been active for months."
Anson: "Well, they are now. And they don't want anyone to know about it. Probably to start nuking cities again. I don't know."
Older Roy: "Tell us where they are."
Anson: "The Glades. Galaxy One's their front."

716 (Star City 2040) – In a flashforward scene, Adult William and Mia try to bluff their way into the Galaxy One building in the Glades:
Mia: "So this is how the other half lives."
Adult William: "Sadly, Star City used to look very similar to this. These are the coordinates from Felicity's tape, which means she's in there somewhere, hopefully, alive."
Mia: "Galaxy One's one of the richest companies in the world. And heavily guarded. They're not just gonna let us walk right in."
Adult William: "Actually, that's exactly what they're gonna do."
(Cut to William wearing a business suit and Mia wearing a professional pant suit, walking inside the building.)
Mia: "This is ridiculous."
Adult William: "We need to look the part, Ms. Executive Assistant."
Mia: "I am definitely higher up than your assistant. And that is not what I'm talking about. We are the kids of vigilantes. The second they scan us, we're done."
Adult William: "My last name isn't Clayton anymore. And, besides, all the focus is gonna be on me, the CEO, anyway. So just play along. (Uses louder voice) Didn't I ask you to send me the financials on the Brennan merger?"
Mia: "It should be there."
Adult William: "I need you to reschedule my 12 o' clock with Optics."
Guard: "Sir, you need to scan in."
Adult William: "Yeah, yeah, yeah. So push my 12 o' clock to 3 to make room for Jackson Labs at 1, and then clear my morning to review the Jackson Labs R&D."
Computer: "Prepare for identification. (William holds hand up to scanner) DNA match complete. Proceed."
(Guard stops Mia from following.)
Adult William: "Hey, you're holding me up."
Guard: "She needs to scan."
Adult William: "Don't be ridiculous. She's just my assistant. Trust me."
Guard: "Sir."
Computer: "Prepare for identification."
(Mia holds hand up to scanner. Alarm sounds.)
Computer: "Access denied."
Guard: "You need to come with us, Miss."
Mia: "How about I don't."
Computer: "Lockdown."
Guard (pulling out gun): "Hands up, now."
Connor (coming up): "It's cool, fellas. She's with me." (Holds up his badge)
Guard: "Sorry, Agent Hawke. We didn't know she was one of yours."
Connor: "I know. That's the point." (Holds his hand up to the scanner)
Computer: "DNA match complete. Proceed."
Mia (whispering): "Who the hell are you?"
Connor: "I've been tailing you guys since the Bazaar. Once I figured out you were headed here, I started pulling credentials for clearance."
Adult William: "As an agent for Knightwatch? Which is what, the good version of A.R.G.U.S.?"
Connor: "Something like that. (To Mia) Look, I wanted to tell you the truth, but I couldn't. I didn't have a choice."
(Mia angrily pushes Connor up against the wall.)
Mia: "Yeah, you did."
Adult William: "Mia!"
Mia: "I trusted you, but all you did was lie to me, like everyone else."
Connor: "Look, I'm sorry."
Mia: "Was any of it real?"
Connor: "All of it."
Adult William: "Okay, as much as I love relationship drama when it's not my own, do you think we could focus on the task on hand and not blow our cover immediately? (Mia lets Connor go) Thank you. All right, Secret Agent Guy, so what do you know about this place?"
Connor: "All right, I've been doing recon on the building. There are hidden sublevels here, unlisted to the general public."
Mia: "Well, that's where they have to be holding Mom. How do we get down there?"
Connor: "My badge isn't gonna cut it. There'll only be a handful of people with access, all DNA-based."
Adult William: "Well, I have a meeting with the guy who runs this place, Kevin Dale. I mean, if anyone has access, it's him. All we have to do is steal and replicate his DNA. Easy."
Connor: "It actually is. Look, I have the tech. You just have to swipe a sample."
Adult William: "Wait. Me? (Chuckles nervously) No, no. Stealing stuff covertly. I don't do that."
Mia: "Well, lucky for you, your sister does."
Connor: "Great. I'll locate the sublevels while you guys are with Dale. I'll find you after."

716 (Star City 2040) – In a flashforward scene, Adult William, Mia and Connor find and rescue Older Felicity:
Connor: "All right. This is the access point to the sublevels. It's the only unlisted elevator bay in the building."
Adult William: "Their random full-body DNA scanner wasn't a dead giveaway?"
Mia: "But how's this swab gonna trick a full scan?"
Connor: "Watch." (Inserts a swab into the device)
Adult William: "Is that replicating the DNA signature? How?"
Connor: "Secrets of the trade." (Holds the device up to the scanner)
(Elevator doors open, and they step inside.)
Mia: "You want a cookie or something?"
Connor: "All right, get ready. There's no telling what we're facing."
Mia (to Adult William): "Stay back and in the elevator. Understood?"
Adult William: "You know, I'm really enjoying all these heartfelt brother-sister moments."
Mia: "You're just more useful to me not dead."
Adult William (with mock sincerity): "I'm sorry. Do you care about me?"
Mia: "Yeah, maybe. I'm also not the only one. You know your angel investor, City of Emerald Capital? I think Mom might've had something to do with that."
Adult William: "What do you mean?"
Mia: "Well, Emerald for Emerald City. The Wizard of Oz was Mom's favorite. We used to read it all the time when I was little. I guess she might've been watching over you after all."
(Elevator doors open. Guard turns around.)
Mia: "Hi."
(Mia and Connor take down several guards. Mia also uses a bow and arrow. Connor fights with two nunchucks.)
(Back cell lights up, revealing Older Felicity.)
Adult William: "You are alive."
Older Felicity: "I told you not to come."

716 (Star City 2040) – In flashforward scenes, Older Felicity refuses to leave until she defuses the bombs, so she and Older William go look for the bombs, and they run into Older Dinah, Older Roy and Adult Zoe:
Older Felicity: "Was my message not clear? I wanted you both out of Star City, not to come to the Glades."
Mia: "Wow. Really? No 'hey, kids, thanks for the rescue?'"
Older Felicity: "Those coordinates were not supposed to lead you to me. They are the coordinates of a stockpile of bombs hidden in this building. That's why I told you to give them to Roy and Dinah."
Adult William: "Well, since we're here, would it be okay if we got you out of there?"
Connor: "Looks like this operates under the same DNA access protocol. Just give me a second." (Holds his device up to the scanner)
(Electrically charged laser bars disappear from the cell, and Felicity steps out.)
Older Felicity (looking at Adult William): "It's so good to see you."
Adult William (hugging her): "I never thought I'd see you again."
Older Felicity: "Oh, I was afraid you wouldn't want to... after everything. I'm so sorry, William."
Connor: "Okay, hey, not to interrupt, but we've really got to get out of here before someone realizes what we did to those guards."
Older Felicity: "I can't leave until I disable the bombs."
Mia: "You just got out of danger, and you want to go running back into it? Typical. You would rather go play hero than do what's best for your daughter."
Adult William: "Mia, come on."
Mia: "Stay out of it. For once in your life, Mom, put your family first."
Older Felicity: "Being a hero, Mia, means choosing other people's safety above your own, including your family. That's why I hid my work from you, so that I could protect you from having to make difficult decisions like these."
Mia: "You should've just been honest with me from the beginning."
Older Felicity: "You were right. I am so sorry. Being a hero is my purpose. I can't leave."
Adult William: "Then I want to help."
(Felicity looks at him and nods.)
Mia: "Seriously?"
Adult William: "I'm sorry, but she's right. (To Felicity) Where to?"
Older Felicity: "The next sublevel."
Connor: "Well, if you're going, you're gonna need this." (Hands over his device to William)
Adult William: "Thanks."
(Older Felicity looks at Mia and then leaves. Adult William follows Older Felicity.)
Connor: "Look, Mia -"
Mia: "Don't."
(Cut to Adult William and Older Felicity entering another corridor.)
Adult William: "You okay?"
Older Felicity: "Yes. I am used to being a disappointment to her. The explosives are being stored in the east end of the building. Are there any guards in our way?"
Adult William (looking at his notebook): "Uh, the coast looks clear, except for three heat signatures headed straight towards us."
Older Felicity: "They should be right on top of us."
(Adult Zoe, Older Dinah and Older Roy drop down from the ceiling.)
Older Felicity: "Zoe?"
Adult Zoe (to Adult William): "You found her."
Older Dinah: "It is so good to see you alive. (Hugs Felicity) You could've told us we were on the same side."
Older Felicity: "To infiltrate Eden Corps, I had to be the Calculator. It was the only way."
Older Roy: "Looks like your plan worked out a little too well."
Older Felicity: "Well, I'm glad my old team came to the rescue. Thank you for helping William."
Adult Zoe: "Where's Mia?"
Older Felicity: "Mia is... so much like her father. Sorry for not telling you about her, by the way."
Adult William: "Guys? The coast is clear between us and the bombs."
Older Felicity: "Hurry up, we have to move."
(Cut to Mia and Connor.)
Mia: "Don't you want to go with them?"
Connor: "Hey. I am only here to back you up."
Mia: "Right. Cause you promised your daddy. You know, I am really not sure what's worse. The, um, lying. Or the fact that you actually thought I needed protection."
Connor: "Mia, I know that you can take care of yourself."
Mia: "Then why the hell do you keep hanging around?"
Connor: "Because I care about you! Okay, I wanted to tell you the truth, but I knew that you would hate me the minute I did. And every day, it just got harder and harder."
Mia: "So, your big idea is that I would just never find out. Do you have any idea what's it like to find out that your entire relationship with someone is based on a lie?"
Connor: "No, okay? But I know what it's like to have heroes for parents. It sucks. Man, I used to ask my dad all the time why he even adopted me, if he and my mom were never gonna be around. But you know what? When I got older, I realized... I was proud of them."
Mia: "You were proud that they prioritized the rest of the world above you?"
Connor: "Okay, no, not that part. But... with great power comes great responsibility, right? Oh, come on! Spider-Man?"
Mia: "I'm not really into comic books."
Connor: "Okay, my point is that the same applies to us superhero kids. And we have to learn to share our parents and be a little selfless."
Mia: "Of course, you would say that. You've been a hero in training since you were a kid."
Connor: "Well, so have you. The only difference is, I got to choose, and you never got to make that choice. Until today."
Mia: "There's your ulterior motive."
Connor: "Look, Mia, if you go out that door, you are doing exactly what Felicity wants. Okay, you want to go? We will go. You want to stay? We will stay. But do not let her mistakes make your choice for you. It's on you now."
(Cut to Older Felicity, Adult William, Older Dinah, Older Roy and Adult Zoe entering a room.)
Older Dinah: "This has to be the place."
Adult Zoe: "There's someone coming."
Mia (entering with Connor): "So what'd we miss?"
Older Felicity: "You came back."
Mia: "Don't make a big thing of it."
(Adult William holds the device up to the scanner and the door opens. They find an empty room.)
Older Dinah: "What the hell? Where are the bombs?"
Older Rene (entering): "They're already on site."
Adult Zoe: "Dad. What are you doing here?"
Older Rene (looking at Older Felicity): "You are alive."
Older Felicity: "No thanks to you. Or your friend, Kevin Dale."
Older Rene (to Adult Zoe): "You were right. You all were right. The attack on Star City is happening tonight, and there is zero plan to evacuate."
Older Rene: "Dale plans to pin the blame on a vigilante. I'm guessing that's why they were keeping Felicity."
Adult Zoe: "I can't say I'm surprised. What opened your eyes all of a sudden?"
Older Rene: "Someone very smart, with impeccable genetics, reminded me of who I used to be."
Mia: "And why should we believe you? Aren't you the evil mayor who's been trying to destroy Star City?"
Older Rene: "And who are you?"
Older Felicity: "This is Mia. These are mine and Oliver's ‘impeccable genetics.’"
Older Rene: "You and Oliver have a kid?"
Older Felicity: "Surprise."
Connor: "Okay, now that we are all caught up, what time do the bombs go off? And how do we stop them?"
Older Rene: "They're set to go off during the fireworks in exactly 38 minutes."
Older Dinah: "Even if we knew where the bombs were, that's not enough time to climb over that wall and stop this."
Older Felicity: "There is another way. The bombs are linked by a Li-Fi, which means there's an exterior power source."
Adult William: "You're talking about a unified connectivity device."
Older Felicity: "Yes."
Adult William: "It's like the brain of the bombs."
Mia: "Oh, good. Now there are two of you."
Older Roy: "So wait. We're just supposed to break into some server room so you guys can hack into it?"
Adult Zoe: "'Server room.' How 2019."
Older Felicity: "The brain is a portable cube shape. It fits in your hand."
Older Rene: "Dale has something like that."
Adult William: "I thought it was just a fidget cube."
Older Felicity: "The only way to stop the bombs is to destroy that device."
Older Rene: "Dale's gonna be at the celebration, but he won't be easy to find. He cut a deal for a permanent Archer blind spot."
Older Felicity: "There's always another way."
Mia: "I heard these Glades parties are pretty fancy. How are we supposed to fit in. (Looks at William) Except for you."
Older Rene: "Leave that part to me."

716 (Star City 2040) – In a flashforward scene, Future Team Arrow infiltrates the Glades' fancy masquerade party in order to find and stop Kevin Dale from bombing Star City:
(Partygoers are wearing masks and capes.)
Mia (over comms): "This is looking for a needle in a very creepy haystack."
Adult William (over comms): "I'll take that to mean you're in position. Everyone else?"
Older Dinah (over comms): "Almost."
Older Roy (over comms): "Looks like Rene's become quite the celebrity."
Older Dinah (over comms): "Overwatch, we are in position."
Older Felicity (over comms): "'Overwatch'? No one's called me Overwatch in a very long time."
Mia (over comms): "Okay, can we save the walk down memory lane for after, maybe?"
Connor (over comms): "All right, what do we got to do?"
Older Felicity (over comms): "Everyone here is wearing functional textiles, so there are tiny computers embedded in their clothing and yours."
Adult William (over comms): "When the fabrics touch, the sensors will send us all their electronic data. Normally, their privacy settings restrict that, but I bypassed them." (Smiles at Older Felicity, who's standing next to him)
Adult Zoe (over comms): "So you're hacking clothes?"
Older Felicity (over comms): "Pretty much. Your job is to identify Kevin Dale. And I can help with that via the security feed."
Mia (over comms): "Let's go save the city."
(Older Dinah and Older Roy intentionally bump into a guy.)
Older Roy (over comms): "That's not Dale."
Older Felicity (over comms): "Okay, Mia, at your 2 o' clock, there is a man in a blue suit. He could be a potential match. I don't mean match-match. I mean target. And I don't even know what your type is. Is it -?"
Mia (over comms): "Mom, shut up."
Older Felicity (over comms): "Okay, sorry. Rambling. Old habits."
Adult William (over comms): "Mia. You just brushed Dale."
Mia (over comms): Got him. I'm following him inside."
Older Felicity (over comms): "Hold on. You're gonna need backup. You won't have comms in there."
Mia (over comms): "Isn't this what you trained me for? I can handle a CEO. I got this."
(Mia enters an office.)
Mia: "Nobody wants to tell you, but your festival sucks."
Dale: "Interesting. I was expecting a Canary. Who the hell are you?"
Mia: "Not a fan of chitchat. Now, hand that thing over, or I'll take it."
Dale: "Really?
(Ten men enter the office and surround Mia.)
Dale: "Take her alive. We'll talk after the festival." (Leaves)
Mia: "Oh, this'll be fun."
(Mia takes off her cape and mask and fights all 10 men. She defeats them. She then puts the cape back on and leaves the building.)
Mia (over comms): "Guys, I lost him. He's in the crowd again."
Adult William (over comms): "Okay, not to freak anyone out, but this is our two-minute bomb warning."
Older Felicity (over comms): "We need to thin the herd."
Older Rene (over comms): "I know how. Show them what heroes look like."
(Older Dinah and Older Roy throw off their capes to reveal that they're dressed as Black Canary and Arsenal.)
Older Rene: "Help! Vigilantes!"
(Crowd shouts and runs. Older Dinah and Older Roy fight the Glades police.)
Older Felicity (over comms): "Oh, you have 30 seconds, Mia."
(Mia spots Dale in the crowd.)
Connor: "Mia!" (Throws her bow and arrows to her)
(Mia draws back the bow and shoots an arrow through the cube device in Dale’s hand, spearing it to the placard sign behind him.)
Adult William: "She did it. The bombs are deactivated."
(The fireworks go off in the sky.)
Mia (over comms): "Let's get the hell out of here."

716 (Star City 2040) – In a flashforward scene, Glades Mayor Rene puts out a $10M bounty on Older Roy AKA Arsenal, Older Dinah AKA Black Canary and Older Felicity AKA The Calculator: 
Older Rene (on television screen): "Citizens of the Glades, last night, our Independence Day festivities were attacked in an apparent act of terror. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the Glades P.D., we know the identities of the perpetrators responsible - the vigilantes known as Arsenal, Black Canary, and the Calculator. A reward of $10 million will be paid for any info leading to their capture, dead or alive. This was our first attack within our walls in over a decade. I vow to you it will be the last."
Adult William: "Well, that was disturbing."
Adult Zoe: "I know why my dad had to make that speech, but hearing it out loud?"
Older Dinah: "We did already have a target on our backs, just, well, not quite that big."
Older Roy: "Well, it's about to get rougher for everyone."
Adult Zoe: "Including my dad."
Older Felicity: "I know you're worried, but he is right. The best way to take down Galaxy is from the inside."
Connor: "So what now? So I'm guessing Galaxy's not just gonna stop at bombing the city."
Older Felicity: "No. The purpose of the bombing wasn't to rebuild. It was to remake Star City in the Glades' image."
Older Roy: "Why would Dale want to ruin the city he spent so much money to fix?"
Older Felicity: "Because he's gonna use the shiny new Star City as a proof of concept to take Archer global, and that's too much power for one entity to have."
Older Dinah: "Well, it's a good thing we got the band back together."
Older Felicity: "Well, we can thank William for that one. I sent that signal out on a hope and a prayer. And you kept it. After all these years and with everything that's happened, I... I know I don't deserve it."
Adult William: "Well, I'm glad I didn’t completely hate you. Now I got a sister to hate instead."
Mia: "I need some air." (Leaves)
Adult William: "So maybe we don't really have that type of relationship yet."
Older Felicity: "It's not you."
Connor: "I should go talk to her."
Older Felicity: "And it's not you. It's me." (Leaves) 
Adult William: "Who needs a drink?"

716 (Star City 2040) – In a flashforward scene, Older Felicity has a heart-to-heart talk with her daughter Mia: 
Older Felicity: "Oh, wow. So this is where you have been spending all your time."
Mia: "Pretty much."
Older Felicity: "Still not a fan of cleaning, I take it."
Mia: "You want to start by nagging?"
Older Felicity: "Oh, I'm your mother. Nagging is part of the deal."
Mia: "So what, you probably want me to come help stop Galaxy? A little mother-daughter vigilante time."
Older Felicity: "No. I wish I could take you away from all this. I wish that you didn't have to think about any of this. But I know that that is not my decision to make."
Mia: "You know, when I first left home, I was so mad at you. I learned everything I could about vigilantes. I dug up old news stories about how they destroyed Star City. I was convinced - I was convinced it was true. That you had lied to me my entire childhood with your - your stories of the heroism of Team Arrow. Because you didn't want me to think badly about you. Or about Dad. I spent these past years hating vigilantes, because I hated you."
Older Felicity: "Well, I don't blame you."
Mia: "I understand why you wanted to lie to me, to protect me. I can't even imagine what it was like having the entire city turn on you, and turn on Dad."
Older Felicity: "Mia, you are so much like your father. Out on that field, so badass. I'm so proud of you."
Mia: "Mom, there's, um - it seemed like there is something really personal about your stopping Galaxy. (Felicity nods) Is that about Dad?"
Older Felicity: "No, it's not. That one is on me."
(Cut to present day Felicity, who's at home working on her laptop.)
Felicity: "Holy crap. Did that work? Here goes nothing. Archer, are you online?"
Computerized Voice: "Yes, Ms. Smoak. Archer is active."
Felicity: "Holy -!"

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Two 716 DELETED scenes...

In flashforward (flashback), Mia shoots an arrow into the round target's bullseye in the back yard of her cabin home:

(ArrowVerse TV)

In flashforward, Mia and Adult William talk about wanting to save their mom, Felicity:

(ARROWverse Russia)

Edited by tv echo