Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

Yeah loved his " decided to opened our gates to 10’s of thousands of visitors from every part of the state, country and world " brag. They were theoretically letting up to 45 people in every 15 minutes. They open at 10am and close at 5pm so they weren't selling tickets for after 3pm. Each hour has four slots for up to 45 people,  Therefore each day has 20 slots of 45 people so max attendence each day is 900. With it being open 14 days, the max number of guests, if every ticket sold, was 12600.

And every ticket didn't sell. The last two weekends were pretty sold out on Saturdays but there were still tickets available and the first two weekends definetely didn't sell out. 

• Love 2
On 11/20/2020 at 8:22 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Yeah loved his " decided to opened our gates to 10’s of thousands of visitors from every part of the state, country and world " brag. They were theoretically letting up to 45 people in every 15 minutes. They open at 10am and close at 5pm so they weren't selling tickets for after 3pm. Each hour has four slots for up to 45 people,  Therefore each day has 20 slots of 45 people so max attendence each day is 900. With it being open 14 days, the max number of guests, if every ticket sold, was 12600.

And every ticket didn't sell. The last two weekends were pretty sold out on Saturdays but there were still tickets available and the first two weekends definetely didn't sell out. 

Do you work there?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Nope! I just went to the website when they announced that tickets had to be purchased to see how they were going to regulate the number of people. They opened at 10am, and were selling tickets in batches of 45 for every 15 minutes until 3pm. The rest is just math and checking the website once a week to see if they ever sold out (some blocks of 15 minutes did but they never completely sold all the tickets available each day) It's all info made public if you bother to look. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

So Matt is involved with the whole Santa Claus thing.... I wonder, do people feel this is the last thing he should be doing considering what his youngest revealed a couple days ago?  The way they felt about Amy?

Is it now ok because Matt is involved? Or is this a classic "We're ok with Matt being involved but Amy is still a monster" situation...even though it was apparently for the grandkids?

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

So Matt is involved with the whole Santa Claus thing.... I wonder, do people feel this is the last thing he should be doing considering what his youngest revealed a couple days ago?  The way they felt about Amy?

Is it now ok because Matt is involved? Or is this a classic "We're ok with Matt being involved but Amy is still a monster" situation...even though it was apparently for the grandkids?

It changes my opinion only in that this appears to have been a smaller-scale occasion than what would have been inferred by the pictures of Amy and Chris alone.  Now it doesn't look like a neighborhood drive-by event where lots of people would have been present so Amy could have another "buy my fudge and cookbook" opportunity. 

It looks like two divorced grandparents who have put aside their differences to make the holiday the best it can be for their grandkids.  Given THIS picture, I'm okay with BOTH of them being involved.  

• Love 4

So while Amy is catching a lot of dislike for continuing to live her life without making dramatic changes to show the world she is supporting Jacob, I have to note that Matt has hardly made any concession to the reality that his youngest son admitted to being molested by a person Matt and Amy brought into the home a week or so ago.

Amy doing holiday posts leads to how she should be well, not doing anything celebratory or for herself since her child has cried out for help. Amy was supposed to drop everything and be about Jacob.

Matt's done nothing but make a comment on social media and has continued on with his holiday fun, including a mask free open house, fun with Amy and Chris and the grandkids and is heading off to fun in the Arizona sun. 

So when Jacob shouted out his sad story, I guess Matt, just like Amy, didn't care and went on with his own concerns. 

Honestly I hope Jacob has someone in the family that gives a shit. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Wow I love it!  When we had our lake House we also had a large property with a pole barn.  On that property was hookups and a septic tank for a trailer previous owners used.

I found out you can get a caboose train.  I forget all the details right now but I was dying to do that for the grandkids!  Never got to live that dream.

What fun!

Maybe that's why I'm kinda soft on Matt.  He has to be a lot of fun!

• Love 3
On 12/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

So while Amy is catching a lot of dislike for continuing to live her life without making dramatic changes to show the world she is supporting Jacob, I have to note that Matt has hardly made any concession to the reality that his youngest son admitted to being molested by a person Matt and Amy brought into the home a week or so ago.

Amy doing holiday posts leads to how she should be well, not doing anything celebratory or for herself since her child has cried out for help. Amy was supposed to drop everything and be about Jacob.

Matt's done nothing but make a comment on social media and has continued on with his holiday fun, including a mask free open house, fun with Amy and Chris and the grandkids and is heading off to fun in the Arizona sun. 

So when Jacob shouted out his sad story, I guess Matt, just like Amy, didn't care and went on with his own concerns. 

Honestly I hope Jacob has someone in the family that gives a shit. 

I bet Molly does.. hopefully.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Boston said:

I bet Molly does.. hopefully.

I think so.

To be honest, there's two things bothering me. First, the general 'Amy is wrong to continue on as though this never happened, why didn't she prevent it, bad uncaring mother' attitude without any acknowledgement that "So proud" and 'look at my holiday fun and now I am off to vacation but first see my new toy!' isn't exactly Matt acknowledging his own culpability and responsibility to his son.

Second, oh look, there's Jackson on the new train and I can't help but wonder if Jackson will be filmed next season, or Lilah, or Ember and Bode and what if any precautions will be taken to make sure the next generation to be filmed isn't also the next generation to be molested?  How much money for new toys makes the risk worth it?

• Love 10

We don’t know how Matt and Amy are reacting to Jacobs’ news in private. Given Jacobs desire to not be in the spot light... maybe Matt and Amy are staying away from the subject on social media in respect of Jacob?   Jacob has said he isn’t going to go into detail- why should the Roloff family? 

As for how Zach holds his children... little people have short arms. please explain how you think Zach should hold her given that limitation. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Jacob has said he isn’t going to go into detail- why should the Roloff family? 

If for no other reason than young children and tv producers is still an issue.... I don't especially like children but knowing one child was molested, I do have some concern about 'its business as usual' being the party line. 

And it does seem a double standard that its ok for Matt to be business as usual but Amy is very wrong to do the same. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

If for no other reason than young children and tv producers is still an issue.... I don't especially like children but knowing one child was molested, I do have some concern about 'its business as usual' being the party line. 

And it does seem a double standard that its ok for Matt to be business as usual but Amy is very wrong to do the same. 

I don't see how his parents offering up the details beyond what Jacob has shared benefits anything. We know what happened and we know who did it.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I don't see how his parents offering up the details beyond what Jacob has shared benefits anything. We know what happened and we know who did it.

I'm not asking for details, I don't think anyone is. I'm noting that Amy is taken to task for not hearing "Jacob's cry to the wind" and not entering into a period of social media quiet to better tend Jacob's needs and put plans on hold while Matt does not need to drop any plans or work and apparently doesn't need to consider changing anything concerning his choice of lifestyle and the people he brings to the family.

Jackson and Lilah are young children on a tv show where a producer molested a child. I'm sure Chris Cardamone won't be on site again but are producers being vetting? New access rules in play? Or is it business as usual and maybe twenty years down the road someone will say "So Proud" about another molestation victim?

None of this involves any details of the abuse being made public.

• Love 5

I think Amy is taking more heat because according to some she was Mother Mary in charge of the home and children while Matt was out driving the roads, getting drunk and having affairs.

Amy was the chief cook and bottle washer and so, so close to her kids.  She drove them to school, coached soccer and was their everything. 

She kinda missed the mark on this one and she continues smiling, posing, cooking and planning a wedding. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'm not asking for details, I don't think anyone is. I'm noting that Amy is taken to task for not hearing "Jacob's cry to the wind" and not entering into a period of social media quiet to better tend Jacob's needs and put plans on hold while Matt does not need to drop any plans or work and apparently doesn't need to consider changing anything concerning his choice of lifestyle and the people he brings to the family.

Jackson and Lilah are young children on a tv show where a producer molested a child. I'm sure Chris Cardamone won't be on site again but are producers being vetting? New access rules in play? Or is it business as usual and maybe twenty years down the road someone will say "So Proud" about another molestation victim?

None of this involves any details of the abuse being made public.

I see. I think I misread your previous post. You're right. Even with this creep far out of the picture, it cannot be business as usual. With two small children involved, I hope to god they are getting the hell out of everyone on the crew and watching closely besides. It does bother me that even with this, more blame is being placed on Amy than Matt. I realize there is an irrational hatred of her around here, but he holds a lot of responsibility for this.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Amy is taking more heat because according to some she was Mother Mary in charge of the home and children while Matt was out driving the roads, getting drunk and having affairs.

Amy was the chief cook and bottle washer and so, so close to her kids.  She drove them to school, coached soccer and was their everything. 

She kinda missed the mark on this one and she continues smiling, posing, cooking and planning a wedding. 

As does Matt.

Good parents miss signs too. I made damn sure my mother went to her grave never knowing what happened to me. She was a good mother. 

• Love 9

Jeanne222 I'd agree with you if this happened in the Matt in the doublewide era, but it didn't. This was when Matt was living in the house with the family and marketing himself as the best dad in the world, spending time with his kids dreaming his dreams and doing things as a family as opposed to him going to work every day in some dead end non dreamer job. 

Does "I'm making money and dreaming my dreams!" really trump "the guy who was paying me to dream violated my son while I was making money dreaming"?

13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Matt isn't exactly changing his plans, or keeping smiles off his face as he has fun at the holidays and shows off his new toys before he jets off to his awesome vacation home. Shouldn't he be listening to Jacob's cry as much as Amy? Or does Matt get a pass since he was dreaming his dreams and making money and 

5 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

As does Matt.

Good parents miss signs too. I made damn sure my mother went to her grave never knowing what happened to me. She was a good mother. 

I'm sorry you had to go thru that. And I agree, this can happen with good parents and in this particular case, I really don't think one parent shares more of the blame than the other, which is why I am having a problem with the whole 'Amy is bad for continuing on with her life and Matt is so very very right to do the same'. They're both filming a show with young children still, they're both on the hook. 

• Love 8
On 12/27/2020 at 7:55 PM, mythoughtis said:

As for how Zach holds his children... little people have short arms. please explain how you think Zach should hold her given that limitation. 

I've seen Amy hold all the babies like babies not sacks of potatoes, that's just Zach and has nothing to do with short arms.

He does all kinds of ridiculous stuff with both the kids... he even thinks it's cool to shove his wife head first into a pool while she's holding a baby.

I watch 3 shows on little people, 7 Little Johnstons, The Little Couple and they can all hold babies properly with their short arms.

• Love 2

Matt' braver than I if he's running around shirtless in Surprise. Its certainly much nicer than Oregon but highs here in Phoenix have been in the 60-65 range this week and Surprise is literally a half hour drive from here.

He's clearly not letting anything get in the way of his holiday fun with lover Caryn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jenny8, my only objection to Matt having fun in the sun with his lover Caryn is that Jacob, his son made a fairly public outcry on being molested by the producer of Matt's show and Jacob's mother has recieved multiple criticisms here for not putting her life on hold to tend to Jacob. I don't understand why Matt is right to merrily enjoy himself as he always does, leaving Jacob to cry to an empty seat, while Amy is considered to be very wrong for continuing on as normal. To me they're both acting like shit, but as usual, Amy is castigated and Matt i applauded and encouraged.

Oh, and I really think its too cold here for Matt to be parading around shirtless... and frankly he's getting a bit old to post pictures of himself shirtless. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Oh, and I really think its too cold here for Matt to be parading around shirtless... and frankly he's getting a bit old to post pictures of himself shirtless. 

We live in a senior community in Arizona (not the one where Matt lives, nor do I know him).  The running joke is that the snowbirds fly in from the north and run around the community all "winter" in short-sleeved shirts and shorts while we 12-month residents are bundled up in sweaters and long pants.  We wish the HOA would make a rule against old guys doing their morning walks shirtless.  NONE of them should be.  LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Jenny8, my only objection to Matt having fun in the sun with his lover Caryn is that Jacob, his son made a fairly public outcry on being molested by the producer of Matt's show and Jacob's mother has recieved multiple criticisms here for not putting her life on hold to tend to Jacob. I don't understand why Matt is right to merrily enjoy himself as he always does, leaving Jacob to cry to an empty seat, while Amy is considered to be very wrong for continuing on as normal. To me they're both acting like shit, but as usual, Amy is castigated and Matt i applauded and encouraged.

Ella, I haven't kept up with Jacob's situation too much, so I haven't commented on it one way or the other. But I stand by what I posted. Matt's unhappy marriage is in the past, he has moved on, and is now in a happy, loving relationship with Caryn. I'm happy for both of them.

As for Matt shirtless, I guess it's ok as long as it's just for soaking in the sun and for that purpose only 😎 He looks better in clothes because that puts the focus more on his face which I think is rather handsome.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Not sure why Jacob decided to make this public announcement if he is such a private person.  I don’t think this was news to anyone in the family, I think perhaps this has been dealt with in private years ago.  Family seemed to make the obligatory posts about supporting him now that it is all public and then moved on which makes me think it was old news to the family.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

The running joke is that the snowbirds fly in from the north and run around the community all "winter" in short-sleeved shirts and shorts while we 12-month residents are bundled up in sweaters and long pants. 

Hee hee I know what you mean. I moved here 20 years ago and I still wear shorts and t-shirts in winter but we're barely hitting highs of 65 during the day. It ain't shirtless weather. 

24 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I don’t think this was news to anyone in the family, I think perhaps this has been dealt with in private years ago.  Family seemed to make the obligatory posts about supporting him now that it is all public and then moved on which makes me think it was old news to the family.

I agree, but Amy was castigated for dressing up like Mrs Claus for the grandkids because Jacob spoke out, and was castigated for mentioning her wedding because Jacob cried to the wind and she didn't drop everything to hear him. Meanwhile Matt is NOT castigated for living life as he always has with no lengthy time out where he devotes himself to Jacob. Its a double standard - they both share blame, Amy is soundly bitched about for living as she always has, and Matt is handed a free pass and "gosh hope he's having fun!" for doing the same.  They're both rather pointedly not speaking on the topic but Amy is wrong, and Matt is right. I m just wondering why that is when they both had a kid molested on their watch due to their tv show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

One of the chairs Matt co-designed/produced arrived in his Arizona home.  I think they are made specifically for little people to be comfortable.  Good idea!

8CE26D20-FD8E-4620-B619-76C6C83280A7.jpeg

I am under 5' tall.  I would LOVE to have a nice-looking chair in my living room where I could sit and have my feet actually touch the floor!!!!  This also looks like it's not too deep front to back, so my back could be against the back rest and my knees could bend at the correct angle!!!!

• Love 7

Honestly, I always thought it was a shame Matt didn't market his stools towards individual sale. I know a lot of elderly people and people with other disabilities that wuld appreciate the lower step concept and the stability handle.

• Love 6

image.png.7e5093047bdbb21c486b64972d7d084c.png

Clearly Jeremy gets the grammar fail gene from both parents. There' also a lot of math fail. 50000 shares a .35 per share is a 17500 investment, not two thousand. Now yes, if you buy 50k shares at .35 and the share price goes to 1.20, you are, as Matt says "tripling you money" but his initial investment amount is way off.

Punctuation problems, grammar fails, yup, Jeremy doesn't fall far from the tree. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3