Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

On 10/7/2019 at 12:03 PM, gonecrackers said:

Where is Amy's little dog?  He should've been there too. 😕

It looks like she was holding his leash so he was probably just out of shot. She had pictures with him there i think.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Caryn and her spawn (that’s her daughter next to her?) are just slithering right on in.  

On another note, that Roloff Farms sign in back of them needs some serious TLC or just needs to be replaced altogether.  

• Love 2

Instragram post from Matt.

mattroloff

Verified

Today I reflect on an amazing woman, a wife, a mother, grandmother and great grandmother and my mother in law .. whom I always loved, appreciated and respected. Amy’s mother Pat knight passed away recently. She will be remembered as a God fearing mother with deep committed faith who inspired the character and qualities rarely seen in today’s uncertain world. Pat raised 4 wonderful accomplished adults one of which was my xwife Amy Roloff. Who went on raise my own 4 adoring children... Today I honor Pat , her long successful storied life and pay tribute to the example she set to everyone’s life she touched. God bless you Patricia Knight , your committed husband Gordon Knight and the family you leave behind. I will always cherish your legacy. Matt

• Love 15

haha "your committed husband".... yup Amy sure didn't "marry her father" .  Matt you fucked an employee while you were married right in front of your wife and now have her hanging around acting like none of it happened.  You are a shit stain, Matt.  I pray that you wake up to all the pain your actions are causing your family.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought Matt’s post was kind and appropriate. The woman was his mother in law for many years, he’s likely grieving too. Also losing the generation above you makes you reflect on your morality. 

And mortality too ❤

• Love 8

I was curious what the Roloff family was doing in light of all of the current world events and if they'd hunker down near the farm and surrounding areas where they probably can manage with more limited interaction outside their families. 

But Matt (and presumably also Caryn) is definitely in AZ.

And although I wasn't trying to overhear him in the pharmacy, sounds like they've just gotten back down here to Sun City/Surprise very recently.

So weird to be trying to make (hopefully) a last run to the store for awhile and then suddenly hear a familiar voice only to realize it's because I'm used to hearing it on TV!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I do not like mat. He gets to be more of a douche year after year, or we get to see it anyway.   He is spiteful and manipulative. I would not be surprised if he sold the entire farm... all sides, and made a lot more money on the side she sold him.  He is a schemer.  And I think Amy is probably bright that he and Caren were together before the divorce.

I love Amy. She is not perfect but then none of us are. These 2 were not a match made in heaven. I don't know how she took it for 28 years. I love Zach because he is most like Amy. Not so fond of Jeremy and his wife. The fact that they were giving marriage advice after they were married such a short time is absolutely ridiculous.  Like the youngest son too, because he did not want to be involved in all the fake story lines.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think Matt loves his grandkids as much as he can love anyone, but I got the impression that Jackson was his prop for pumpkin season and the whole airplane reveal was a way to show just how awesome a grandparent Matt is, rather than simply a wonderful gift for Jackson.  

• Love 9
(edited)

To me, matt is one of those people who is a much better grandparent than parent.

he seemed sincere when offering his condolences to amy about her mom. He looks her right in the eye but i noticed she doesn't really do that. 

again jackson in the golf cart thing with matt in a car seat but i don't see him buckled in? 

2 minutes ago, seasons said:

To me, matt is one of those people who is a much better grandparent than parent.

he seemed sincere when offering his condolences to amy about her mom. He looks her right in the eye but i noticed she doesn't really do that to him.

again jackson in the golf cart thing in a car seat but i don't see him buckled in? Driving all over the farm with matt.

Edited by seasons
Sorry for the mess.
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, seasons said:

he seemed sincere when offering his condolences to amy about her mom. He looks her right in the eye but i noticed she doesn't really do that. 

I noticed that, she either looks down or looks away mumbling about how much she has going on and how she is overwhelmed.  

• Love 3

probably because matt doesn't think he did anything wrong and has no part in the marriage ending and amy probably wants to punch him in the face every time she has to talk to him. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

probably because matt doesn't think he did anything wrong and has no part in the marriage ending and amy probably wants to punch him in the face every time she has to talk to him. 

Maybe, I think she is still mourning the marriage.  Not sure how she can marry Chris when Matt is still a big part of her.

• Love 3

It's probably no secret to regular participants here that I am not a member of the Amy fan club.  Given the choice, I'd hang out with Matt.

My parents divorced when I was about 3 (fourth of four children).  All I heard my entire life was about how he was a worthless drunk.  I will concede that his drinking often (usually)  took precedence over such mundane things as child support payments.  

From the time I was about 10, I understood why he drank.  He used to be married to her.  She could have been Amy's behavior mentor, and that is NOT a compliment (to either of them).

At least Matt supported his family.  Yes, he made some bad choices (drinking and - eventually - taking up with Caryn), but we don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg (Amy's bad behavior or Matt's).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

At least Matt supported his family.  Yes, he made some bad choices (drinking and - eventually - taking up with Caryn), but we don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg (Amy's bad behavior or Matt's).  

Exactly!

• Love 8
18 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Maybe, I think she is still mourning the marriage.  Not sure how she can marry Chris when Matt is still a big part of her.

I have to agree.  Half is never as good as whole.  She had to split and I think Amy is well aware Matt is the money man and makes things $$$ happen.

Now she has only her half with no future $$ coming in.

If she marries her prince and changes her name everything comes to an end.  I bet she will hang onto that Roloff name.  That might give her a few coins here and there.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I have to agree.  Half is never as good as whole.  She had to split and I think Amy is well aware Matt is the money man and makes things $$$ happen.

If she marries her prince and changes her name everything comes to an end.  I bet she will hang onto that Roloff name.  That might give her a few coins here and there.

I doubt the farm makes that much money. Their sole purpose is pumpkin season. Most of their income is obviously from the show so Amy doesn't need Matt to make her any more money. 

I dont know why she can't be sad and moody about leaving the farm. I'm sure it kills her but she came to the conclusion that she just couldn't maintain it on her own. And who really thinks that Matt would have let her have it anyways???? Will be interesting to see how much he puts the land up for sale at.  I can't see him spending money for a fence if he plans to take ownership of the entire thing. 

Is there some map out there that kind of shows what property goes with each house? I'm guessing the pumpkin farm goes with the main house? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I remember when she wanted to sell her Little Kitchen pumpkin loaves or something like that at the store during pumpkins season and Matt told her that the profits would have to go into the family business to be split like everything sold at the store.   She did not like that, wanted all he profits to be just hers, so she ended up not selling any.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, AZChristian said:

It's probably no secret to regular participants here that I am not a member of the Amy fan club.  Given the choice, I'd hang out with Matt.

My parents divorced when I was about 3 (fourth of four children).  All I heard my entire life was about how he was a worthless drunk.  I will concede that his drinking often (usually)  took precedence over such mundane things as child support payments.  

From the time I was about 10, I understood why he drank.  He used to be married to her.  She could have been Amy's behavior mentor, and that is NOT a compliment (to either of them).

I didn't want to like it and sound like "yay, childhood trauma!" but I totally get this. My dad was always inclined to let someone else do the worrying, especially if there was a drink or a card game to be had, and my mom worried so much about everything that she routinely melted down if anyone diverted from the course of conduct she had established to limit worry. Both loving parents but completely unsuited to trying to share a home or a life, as the more she controlled the more he tried to escape into fun times so she controlled more...or start with him and then she reacts, etc.

Amy and Matt should have called it quits years before, or else gotten into some intensive couple and individual therapy. There's certainly blame to be apportioned, and we can argue those until pumpkin season, but I like the point about bad behaviors not existing in a vacuum.

• Love 11
(edited)

I’m a fairly recent watcher, I only started watching the show since it’s been back on with the kids as adults.  So maybe I’ve missed some really important stuff from the older seasons but it seems like Amy almost blames Matt for wasting her years.  Like when she constantly talks about how she would have never done this before she was single, blah blah blah. 

Nobody forced her to marry Matt, so he couldn’t have been all bad.  I don’t think he’s perfect by a long shot, but she seems overwhelmingly bitter over a relationship she doesn’t appear to have wanted anymore.  

My husband has been a watcher since the show start and tells me she was always negative though.  Matt seems like a hard worker despite his other flaws and it appears that he’s done well to take care of his family. 

Edited by OliversMom
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, OliversMom said:

My husband has been a watcher since the show start and tells me she was always negative though.  

Your husband wins the prize for "Understatement of the Century."

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Remember when Matt was involved with Little People of America?  The family would attend the annual conventions and would get together with friends who are little people. 
Once the money and tv fame came, all that appears to have disappeared. 

Just wondering....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/13/2020 at 11:27 AM, PradaKitty said:

Remember when Matt was involved with Little People of America?  The family would attend the annual conventions and would get together with friends who are little people. 
Once the money and tv fame came, all that appears to have disappeared. 

Just wondering....

I suspect it's because there isn't really a family to attend with, I can't imagine Matt going with Caryn or Amy going with Chris.... I think a lot of the LP families use it as a safe place for their teenagers to meet other little people and start dating etc so maybe as Zach and Tori's kids get older they'll go so they can meet other little people, although Zack would have to go and he's so lazy he probably wouldn't want to.

The other kids are all average size so they have no reason to go.

• Love 4
On 5/14/2020 at 7:18 PM, Dustbunny said:

I suspect it's because there isn't really a family to attend with, I can't imagine Matt going with Caryn or Amy going with Chris.... I think a lot of the LP families use it as a safe place for their teenagers to meet other little people and start dating etc so maybe as Zach and Tori's kids get older they'll go so they can meet other little people, although Zack would have to go and he's so lazy he probably wouldn't want to.

The other kids are all average size so they have no reason to go.

And all the LPs in the family are now with average height partners. I'd suspect there's a good chunk of LPs who have an issue with this. Weren't Matt and Amy both proponents for LPs marrying other LPs, or am I remembering wrong? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Weren't Matt and Amy both proponents for LPs marrying other LPs, or am I remembering wrong? 

I remember it the same as you and IIRC they weren't shy about it.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

And all the LPs in the family are now with average height partners. I'd suspect there's a good chunk of LPs who have an issue with this. Weren't Matt and Amy both proponents for LPs marrying other LPs, or am I remembering wrong? 

I think part of it is a culture/experience shift.  Back when Matt and Amy met at an LP convention, they (and others) probably believed it would be more likely that two LPs would make a better couple.  And you go where "your type" is found.  

For them, it was the LP conventions.  For Baptists (for example), it would be a Baptist teen camp or convention.  

Now that both Matt and Amy have found normal-sized partners (and Peter Dinklage also comes to mind), they may have eliminated that "LPs will probably only marry LPs" mentality.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I think part of it is a culture/experience shift.  Back when Matt and Amy met at an LP convention, they (and others) probably believed it would be more likely that two LPs would make a better couple.  And you go where "your type" is found.  

For them, it was the LP conventions.  For Baptists (for example), it would be a Baptist teen camp or convention.  

Now that both Matt and Amy have found normal-sized partners (and Peter Dinklage also comes to mind), they may have eliminated that "LPs will probably only marry LPs" mentality.

Also- the internet and social media makes meeting others in your similar situation much easier without the convention. I think Zach will probably take his kids as they get older to socialize with other LP kids, but a lot of the information and community they got from attending the convention can be found in things like Facebook groups etc. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I see that Jacob has on a Roloff Farms t-shirt.  I noticed that Tori's mom had one on the episode  week before last.  Is Matt using this as advertising or they are enjoying free shirts?  lol   Jacob resembles Jeremy so much now.  Ember as well. I'm still trying to figure out who Jackson looks like.  Not Zach or Tori, imo.  

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I see that Jacob has on a Roloff Farms t-shirt.  I noticed that Tori's mom had one on the episode  week before last.  Is Matt using this as advertising or they are enjoying free shirts?  lol   Jacob resembles Jeremy so much now.  Ember as well. I'm still trying to figure out who Jackson looks like.  Not Zach or Tori, imo.  

I think Jackson looks like Torie.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't think I've ever seen a pick-up truck pull a load that large... Aren't those car transports normally pulled by an 18 Wheeler type truck?

Doesn't look like a standard pick-up.   It doesn't look like it has a bed like a regular truck.  I think it's a heavy-duty vehicle hauler that is somewhat smaller than a full-sized transport.  Dealerships use them a lot when they don't have a car the color a customer wants, but can get one brought over from a different dealership (voice of experience).

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Just saw this Facebook post from Matt:

"After a very productive 3 weeks back at the farm... logs are prepped for new cabin , lawns all fertilized and mowed, new employees hired and trained for summer season, goats and sheep groomed and happy, big house cleaned and painted, birthdays celebrated, grandkids played with.. fields plowed.. new house designed with permits submitted. farm is under control. New Covid cleaning procedures in place.. Now time to catch my breath. .. before real summer work begins."

I wonder if he and Caryn are moving to the big house, or who is moving into the new house he refers to.  Cabin for Jacob and Izzy?

He gets all this done while Amy can't even remember to get out all the ingredients she needs to bake a cake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

On the last episode of the show last week he said he was building a new house and Caryn was helping him. I don't think they are moving into the big house. Caryn said she would never live there.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Just saw this Facebook post from Matt:

"After a very productive 3 weeks back at the farm... logs are prepped for new cabin , lawns all fertilized and mowed, new employees hired and trained for summer season, goats and sheep groomed and happy, big house cleaned and painted, birthdays celebrated, grandkids played with.. fields plowed.. new house designed with permits submitted. farm is under control. New Covid cleaning procedures in place.. Now time to catch my breath. .. before real summer work begins."

I wonder if he and Caryn are moving to the big house, or who is moving into the new house he refers to.  Cabin for Jacob and Izzy?

He gets all this done while Amy can't even remember to get out all the ingredients she needs to bake a cake.

This is the first time I've heard of a "cabin" but I'm wondering if it's going to be for living in or maybe just another prop for the farm now that the tree fort is gone or maybe as you suggested it will be somewhere for Jacob to freeload and live when he isn't living in his van down by the river. 

Since Matt has mentioned selling the big house maybe he had it cleaned and painted to put it on the market or maybe as you said he will live there with Caryn while they build the new home.

I was watching some videos the other night and he mentioned building a new dream home for himself and Caryn.... I don't recall if the video was on IG, twitter or somewhere else because it was late and I was just clicking around and not really paying attention.

So Matt is building Caryn a dream home while Chris sits back and let's Amy buy a house for them to live in... He doesn't seem to want his finances tied up in a house with Amy... Maybe he's broke and doesn't have any money to contribute or maybe he's a fake fiance like we suspect.

I thought it was funny in the season finale when Amy was complaining that in her marriage to Matt she really didn't have much input because Matt would just do what he wanted and how now she has a partner where decisions are shared yet all we saw was Amy bulldozing Chris and everything was her choice, the paint colors, the florals, which cabinets to lower etc....so basically this time around she's Matt. lololol

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Eh, I don't blame Amy for wanting things "her way" for once. It is her house, and she and Chris are not yet married (especially, as some posters have speculated, if she and Chris never do marry). This is probably the first time in her life that she gets to make these kind of choices without having to get someone else's approval.

As far as Matt and Caryn, I do wonder how much input she was/is allowed to have and if any of her money is tied up in said projects. After all, Caryn and Matt are not married, so he has complete control over his own money now. We'll see if things change if they marry and Caryn's money is involved--although they do seem to have more in common than Matt and Amy did--so maybe they'll agree on more.

• Love 1