Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Some people get paid to do a task, do a shitty job of it, and don't seem to give a hoot.  See: Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen.  Others get paid to do a task, give it their best effort to make something great, and take pride and satisfaction in the result, especially if it also gives others pleasure. 

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Yes. That is what MOST of us refer to as a decent human being. IMOO! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Some people get paid to do a task, do a shitty job of it, and don't seem to give a hoot.  See: Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen.  Others get paid to do a task, give it their best effort to make something great, and take pride and satisfaction in the result, especially if it also gives others pleasure. 

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

If I could I’d like this 20 times!

I think this also explains their roles in their marriage!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I took a look at the pumpkin season website Matt has up. I found this.

Unfortunately, Wheelchairs may have limited areas of access on the Scenic Trail unless you have a more rugged, all-terrain style of chair.

Overall, wheelchairs are not recommended.

Now, I kinda do get it in that making the farm accessible would be expensive and Matt harps on how its a farm and somehow essentially just a farm stand selling produce to avoid having to build to business building codes where he would be required to make it accessible but this is pretty blunt from a guy who used to insist all hotels should have his special accessibility kit in order to accomadated the rare little person guest. 

I'm pretty sure most wheel chair users agree its not recommended but its not like they can get up and walk when they want. The phrasing here is a little painful. 

• Love 7
On 9/1/2021 at 9:35 AM, Absolom said:

I don't think changing one's name after marriage has the impact or importance that it used to have.  Only one out of three of my children changed their name after marriage.  Amy did after the first marriage, but she's entitled to change her views three decades later as the world has changed in that time.  

I find it mind boggling that any woman would change their name!, for Gods sake, for a man at this date & time. Very archaic & misogynistic. 

• Love 4

I'm sure most areas of the farm are handicap-accessible and am not sure what "The Scenic Trail" is, but most people understand that you can't and shouldn't pave the entire world.  The woods, for example, just aren't wheelchair-friendly.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I find it mind boggling that any woman would change their name!, for Gods sake, for a man at this date & time. Very archaic & misogynistic. 

A lot of women I know change their name so they match their children.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bobalina said:

A lot of women I know change their name so they match their children.

Why? There really isn’t a good reason for this. Are they afraid they’re going to be known as a scarlet woman by Having different last name? Very old fashioned. 

On 9/12/2021 at 1:26 PM, chediavolo said:

Why? There really isn’t a good reason for this. Are they afraid they’re going to be known as a scarlet woman by Having different last name? Very old fashioned. 

Just providing answer from people in that situation. Not judging choice.

• Love 3

Dragged from the Amy thread:

And how often does Mr. Perfect and Caryn see his parents?

Not since mid July despite, you know, Pop's cancer. Prior to that, looks like it was well over a year  - though I do allow for Covid issues despite Matt going to AZ because he's so needing sun and fun. 

Anyone who wants to cite how we don't know everything that happens will need to acknowledge that this is true of all cast members of the show. Since, you know, it IS true of all cast members. 

• Love 8

https://soapdirt.com/little-people-big-world-roloff-farms-costs-how-much-to-visit-for-pumpkin-season/

Not terribly interesting but it does say that due to the pandemic, they are not doing private tours until further notice. 

This article: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3798124/little-people-roloff-farms-slammed-overpriced-pumpkin-season/

is complaining about the place being over priced this year. Admission includes parking, and the traditional wagon tour,  but does not include food, pumpkins, the new air cannons, or the new kiddie train... which apparently are also pricy. 

Now, I'm not overwhelmed with sympathy because people had to buy tickets ahead of time and the pricing was announced... but 24 dollars per person is a bit steep for what you get. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

For Jeanne222, moved from the Amy thread.

Several years before Rocky died, Matt was openly advocating for the dog to be taken out to the barn and shot. Because it was getting old. Note.   Matt was not going to be the one who actually killed the dog and the dog was not seriously ill at the time. It was just stiff and having more difficulty than normal. Amy told him no, he argued how farmers handled dogs like this.

On one occasion Matt and Amy went on a trip despite not knowing where Rocky was. The dog apparently spent three days locked in a room in the big house. Matt joked on his Facebook how the dog lost weight from the incident.

When Rocky was diagnosed with terminal cancer, there was no treatment, the dog was just taken home to die, ultimately dying alone in the rain.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

For Jeanne222, moved from the Amy thread.

Several years before Rocky died, Matt was openly advocating for the dog to be taken out to the barn and shot. Because it was getting old. Note.   Matt was not going to be the one who actually killed the dog and the dog was not seriously ill at the time. It was just stiff and having more difficulty than normal. Amy told him no, he argued how farmers handled dogs like this.

On one occasion Matt and Amy went on a trip despite not knowing where Rocky was. The dog apparently spent three days locked in a room in the big house. Matt joked on his Facebook how the dog lost weight from the incident.

When Rocky was diagnosed with terminal cancer, there was no treatment, the dog was just taken home to die, ultimately dying alone in the rain.

Thanks for the clarification, still makes me angry that shooting the dog was ever a consideration and who the hell goes on vacation without knowing where your pets are?!?!?!

Also pisses me off that they didn't seek any treatment or pain meds for him

A long time family member and dog that winds up dying alone in the rain.... what kind of irresponsible, uncaring, callous bullshit is that?

Edited by Munchkin
spelling
  • Love 11

For the record, I don't have issue with not putting a 10 year old bull mastiff through chemo, but the poor dog deserved some painkillers. Or maybe just being put down instead of allowing nature to take its course with physical torture. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, stoppro said:

I can't think of anything nice to say.I guess they are eating good.LOL

I think MOST people (myself included) put on a few pounds during Covid times.  I think it can safely be said that all four of the adult principle actors in this little play did.  Getting older, especially as a woman, doesn't help!  

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I think MOST people (myself included) put on a few pounds during Covid times.  I think it can safely be said that all four of the adult principle actors in this little play did.  Getting older, especially as a woman, doesn't help!  

Yet Amy is routinely called out for being too fat for her jeans and her age and the pandemic are NOT allowed as sympathy points.

Maybe Matt should put a bra on, his man tits are very much showing. 

• Love 10

Oh my....My heart goes out to animals who can't speak and defend themselves. They are at the mercy of their owner/families.  I am shocked to learn the horrible sad ending of their two dogs. When Amy & Matt's eventual time comes, do they want the same thing to  happen to them...no pain medication, abandoned for days in a bedroom and/or dying outside, alone in the rain? I can't believe I just typed those horrible scenarios....but that was the truth for their 'beloved' pets. They should NOT be allowed to have them. Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Oh my....My heart goes out to animals who can't speak and defend themselves. They are at the mercy of their owner/families.  I am shocked to learn the horrible sad ending of their two dogs. When Amy & Matt's eventual time comes, do they want the same thing to  happen to them...no pain medication, abandoned for days in a bedroom and/or dying outside, alone in the rain? I can't believe I just typed those horrible scenarios....but that was the truth for their 'beloved' pets. They should NOT be allowed to have them. Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading.

That's all the same dog, Rocky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Yet Amy is routinely called out for being too fat for her jeans and her age and the pandemic are NOT allowed as sympathy points.

Maybe Matt should put a bra on, his man tits are very much showing. 

The double standard is astounding.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

And neither does being 4 feet tall with short arms and legs.

• Love 5

One of the (many) reality TV little people -- maybe it was Jen Arnold -- frequently pointed out that LP have to be especially mindful of putting on weight.  Or not, in the case of Amy who obviously loves her calorie-laden Little Kitchen creations!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Matt looks the same as always to me.  He has well-developed chest muscles, probably from hauling himself around on those crutches.  Those don't look like fatty moobs to me, especially when he goes shirtless. YMMV.  It does appear that Caryn may have put on some weight lately,  but then she was never what you'd call skinny...

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Waiting for Chris and Matt to ride off into the sunset…seriously though I do think it’s nice Matt and Chris get along. I don’t see them as BFFs but it’s nice there is not bickering between them as well.

9DB2B449-2E46-4E8E-8D45-498F58C532DA.thumb.jpeg.a8726b9b6801078536fe9b531bbfddb5.jpeg

Ha! Ha !Matt would fly right off that thing and go bouncing down the road.I'd love to see that . they would have to strap him in like a piece of wood.Amy stays on by holding on the chris,I don't know if matt would do that even to save his scammer ass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/15/2021 at 5:46 PM, Munchkin said:

Thanks for the clarification, still makes me angry that shooting the dog was ever a consideration and who the hell goes on vacation without knowing where your pets are?!?!?!

Stupid selfish people like Amy and Matt.  

• Love 4

If I make it on my trip out west, I plan to visit the farm, if it’s still in operation.  I think it would be so fun to see the personal interaction first hand. 😝 If I get a photo with them, I’ll post it here for sure!  Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

We should do a go fund me so you can do a private tour!

I’d pay for a private tour, meet and greet, etc. for certain people. I’m not sure if I would for the Roloffs, but I have been watching the show from their first episodes.  It would likely be worth it.  Depends on how much it is at the time.  With covid still being a factor…..I’m wondering how next year will be.  🤔

• Love 1