Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

Yes, but M&C do babysit them a lot (along with whatever Amy and the other grandparents do).

Ya I know… I was just answering your question of what Z and T do when Matt and Caryn babysit… this particular time they were celebrating their anniversary but what they do with the other million times… who knows 🤷‍♀️

If Zach and Tory are dumping the kids off too often, then Matt needs to set boundaries on how often they do it. Likewise Amy, and the other grandparents. 

Since no one is voicing any public complaints, I have no reason to think Zach and Tory are abusing the priveledge.

• Love 2

From all indications Matt and Caryn seem to enjoy babysitting… they usually post pics and go on about how much fun they had.

some grandparents love having the grands around all the time while others don’t.

hubby’s parents weren’t the type to look after any of their grand kids in fact his mother once said that she’d “paid her dues and raised her own kids and she wasn’t into raising more”.. they took the kids out maybe 3 to 4 times a year on planned outings for the day, no overnights…they loved the kids but wanted to spend their retirement years traveling and enjoying themselves…Meanwhile my parents were polar opposite and were always taking the kids for weekends, took them on vacations, had them over all the time and loved every minute of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I'm glad to see that Matt and Caryn  are so involved with the kids. Relationships between grandparents and their grandkids are special and should be encouraged because they can offer so much in a child's growth and development. Something a parent can't offer. I think that Caryn and especially Matt would put their foot down if they felt they were being taken advantage of.

• Love 6

Yes, it's clear they're very close to the kids, and that's a good thing, and they're not the types to be pushed around.  I'm getting more at Z&T being lazy.  Seems Jackson can be a handful (?), so they take full advantage of M&C's willingness!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, all4mom2 said:

Yes, it's clear they're very close to the kids, and that's a good thing, and they're not the types to be pushed around.  I'm getting more at Z&T being lazy.  Seems Jackson can be a handful (?), so they take full advantage of M&C's willingness!

Oh yes definitely!  Drop Jackson off at the farm and let him run around wild to get out all of that energy. 

• Love 3

Yay blatant and obvious favoritism! I suppose Matt is to be blessed for making it clear to the grandkids and the public that Jackson is first and best and the rest are... the rest. And meh.

For the record I don't think Matt and Caryn babysit a ridiculous amount. I would say a ridiculous amount is the kids over more than once a week being left for hours with no parent assisting. The filmed occasions often have Tory or Zach there... the chicken coop thing or pumpkin season, and the over night events seemed well planned and interspaced with big intervals. The Instagram isn't overwhelming showing the kids (Jackson really) over every day. It seems pretty normal and typical for grandparents that live close by.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Yay blatant and obvious favoritism! I suppose Matt is to be blessed for making it clear to the grandkids and the public that Jackson is first and best and the rest are... the rest. And meh.

??

On 7/26/2021 at 12:25 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Both little ones look hot in that picture. Air can’t be moving in that hot looking stroller. 

They need some ac or a pool.  

btw. I thought Matt and Cha Cha were in AZ. 

Remember the heat wave that hit the Northwest earlier in the summer? Temps were in the 100's for over a week. That's probably when this photo was taken.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:05 AM, all4mom2 said:

Oh, I think Matt is crazy about Jackson, at least.  Lilah seems pretty "meh" to me.

Lilah has issues...but Jackson is clearly the big fave of both Matt and Z&T. Weird how it's almost as if the other grandkids don't exist.

• Love 1
On 7/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, LucyEth said:

He likes to control things, he has that in common with Amy, who is attempting to control every aspect of the wedding and her home with life with her man.  Well, if the building is not done in time that's Amy's problem.  She should have paid for a venue someplace else.  

I think these two will do anything on this show as long as their paychecks keep rolling in...for me, if I was doing a reality TV show and my son had been sexually abused by someone working on the show for TLC, I would have quit and had the abuser charged and taken to court for abuse of a minor. But not these two...they hid it, continued to be on the show and act as though nothing happened. No wonder Jacob feels so much anger and hurt.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Weird how it's almost as if the other grandkids don't exist.

I think that has a lot to do with Jer and Auj being pissed off about not having the farm handed to them on a silver platter so they aren’t bringing the kids around to visit.

Before the whole farm fiasco happened there was several videos and pics of ember giggling, laughing and playing with grandpa Matt and ChaCha… then that all seemed to end and almost every video since then has been Jer, Auj and the kids with Auj’s family… snow skiing, water skiing, swimming at Auj’s family pool, ember helping her gramma Gigi growing dahlias, ember picking fruit with gramma Gigi, at her dance recital Ember asked if she could go kiss her gramma Gigi… they’re definitely tight with Auj’s family nowadays and I rarely see any interaction with Matt or ChaCha.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think that has a lot to do with Jer and Auj being pissed off about not having the farm handed to them on a silver platter so they aren’t bringing the kids around to visit.

Before the whole farm fiasco happened there was several videos and pics of ember giggling, laughing and playing with grandpa Matt and ChaCha… then that all seemed to end and almost every video since then has been Jer, Auj and the kids with Auj’s family… snow skiing, water skiing, swimming at Auj’s family pool, ember helping her gramma Gigi growing dahlias, ember picking fruit with gramma Gigi, at her dance recital Ember asked if she could go kiss her gramma Gigi… they’re definitely tight with Auj’s family nowadays and I rarely see any interaction with Matt or ChaCha.

Interesting…I always thought Jeremy was the golden boy by both Matt and Amy.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

JMO and it’s just speculation but….

Yes Jer was definitely the golden boy but when Jer and Auj turned their back on the show i think it sealed their fate as far as the farm is concerned….for the show to have its best shot at continuing they need little people and Z and T have 2 dwarf children and are interested in living on the farm and participating in the show.

I keep waiting for videos or pics of visits with ember and bode but nothing… I think there was a mention of Ember and Bode when Matt did his time capsule dig but all I saw was pics of Jackson so I’m not sure if they were involved or not. 🤷‍♀️

they probably still have some contact but I don’t think it’s as much as it used to be.

9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Weird how it's almost as if the other grandkids don't exist.

It's quite likely they aren't supposed to mention them on the air since J&A aren't part of the show.  I seriously doubt if they TREAT THEM IRL as if they don't exist...

• Love 4
9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

...for me, if I was doing a reality TV show and my son had been sexually abused by someone working on the show for TLC...

Do we even know to what extent Jacob was "sexually abused"; did anyone ever specify that?  I mean, from one end of the spectrum to the other, there's forcible rape, physical molestation, inappropriate behavior and/or speech, and come-ons or propositions (I'm not sure how old Jacob was at the time).  Don't get me wrong - it's ALL wrong - but as with anything else, there are degrees, and we don't know.

6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

They WERE involved in memorializing the grandchildren's handprints and names in the garage foundation -- Zach and his two were even there at the same time -- so while it's clear things are "tense," obviously they aren't completely estranged.

• Useful 1

If its all wrong, why does it matter how much?

Jacob was 10 to 13 when this adult man was in his life. Where is the line where his parents don't have to be appalled that this happened? How much molestation has to take place for Jacob's parents to do more than text "so proud" and continue working for the people who brought the molester into their homes?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Matt is very patient, IMHO, but he has his limits; Jer hemmed-and-hawed and "wasn't ready yet; maybe in a few years" to start learning and taking over the farm, but Matt can't wait forever.  When he was ready for his chance, looks like it had passed.  Maybe Jer takes after his mother more than anyone ever thought!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

If its all wrong, why does it matter how much?

Jacob was 10 to 13 when this adult man was in his life. Where is the line where his parents don't have to be appalled that this happened? How much molestation has to take place for Jacob's parents to do more than text "so proud" and continue working for the people who brought the molester into their homes?

This! Parents are supposed to protect their children and advocate for them when they reveal something of this nature. Almost as appalling is the statement that there are degrees of abuse and the implication that Jacob was possibly exaggerating what happened. It took courage for Jacob to finally come forward and not only reveal this but to identify his abuser. Also…still trying to wrap my head around “degrees of abuse”…in other words if he was violently raped that would be abuse but if he just fondled that would OK? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

It's quite likely they aren't supposed to mention them on the air since J&A aren't part of the show.  I seriously doubt if they TREAT THEM IRL as if they don't exist...

Of course they don’t treat them like don’t exist it just seems like they don’t exist since none of the other kids and grandkids are ever mentioned. I think it speaks volumes that three of their four kids have ditched the show and don’t even want their names mentioned.

5 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I think it speaks volumes that three of their four kids have ditched the show and don’t even want their names mentioned.

The other three have other things going on and don't need the show.  IMO, it's Amy and Matt's show.  Z&T probably need the money so not getting off the ride until it stops.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 5

Chris  Cardamone had a prior child molestation conviction, "lewd and laviscious acts with a minor child" in 2008, so I rather doubt he just said "hey you're cute" to Jacob and Jacob is calling just that molestation. This is why victims don't come forward, they get accused of making it up because that's easier than actually addressing the problem .

I can't get the link to post but Google  Chris Cardamone molestation and you can see the article.

• Love 3

So this guy had a conviction when he was allowed to work on a show with children.  I guess Amy did not know that at the time, because he worked on her golf charity thing didn't he?  I thought I read that somewhere here on the board.  

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

The other three have other things going on and don't need the show.  IMO, it's Amy and Matt's show.  Z&T probably need the money so not getting off the ride until it stops.  

And Tori, at least, seems to like the attention.

12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I don't know what Matt did, my post was about the guy working on Amy's charity.  I said I guess she didn't know his situation at the time.  Jeez, not every post about Amy has to be countered with something about Matt.  

All roads lead to Matt!

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Still...it's just weird. What does Jeremy do? And Jacob? Last I saw these two, Jeremy was struggling to get a photography business off the ground and was doing a remodel of their house that he ended up having to get a professional contractor in to fix the mess he made...and Jacob was wandering around the country in a van smoking pot. Molly, predictably, is married and a CPA so she seems to have successfully carved out a happy marriage and career.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 1

Matt is claimed to be the sole push behind getting the camera crews and the show on the farm by many. He got the show, he brought TLC to the farm, he had no problem with strange men being in contact with his children. Now would Amy have even met Chris Cardamone if Matt hadn't been set on having and continuing the TV show?

In other words blaming Amy for hiring Cardamone for her charity work long after Matt brought TLC and Cardamone into their lives just seems odd. Matt had no problem or concerns with Chris Cardamone working with his kids in 2010 onward.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Still...it's just weird. What does Jeremy do? And Jacob? Last I saaw these two, Jeremy was struggling to get a photography business off the ground and was doing a remodel of their house that he ended up having to get a professional contractor in to fix the mess he made...and Jacob was wandering around the country in a van smoking pot. Molly, predictably, is married and a CPA so she seems to have successfully carved out a happy marriage and career.

I guess Jeremy writes books🤣 and Jacob is a pot salesman?  I don't know but whatever they do they don't want to be part of the little people's big world.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I guess Jeremy writes books🤣 and Jacob is a pot salesman?  I don't know but whatever they do they don't want to be part of the little people's big world.

Or, not being little people, TLC doesn't want to pay them to be part of it (unlike Caryn, Chris, and Tori, who come with their mates as a package deal).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Tori and Zack seem almost distant with Amy and her foolishness  

Makes me wonder if they spend all their love on Matt holder of the keys to the farmhouse!!

I wonder if that’s all been settled?

Well, Matt favors those who kiss his ass. 

I would be shocked to hear that anything was settled because making a decision, a real decision on who gets the farm or what happens to the farm when Matt dies means Matt loses his power to dangle the farm as the prize to be won for kissing his ass. 

No one will get a piece of that farm before Matt dies. He will never sell or give any of his children a controlling interest in either farm property or the businesses. When he dies, there will either be no instructions in the will on how to divide the assets, or he'll insist it be sold, and my bet is on the first. He's not going to pick a kid before he dies because then he's the bad guy. He's already said that he wants the kids to "decide together" what to do - because then he's not the bad guy to three of the kids. 

Plus, I don't think Matt can let go of any part of his hoard so there's no way he's letting anyone touch his prize. I suspect that is why Zach and Tory backed away from purchasing half of one of the properties. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I suspect that is why Zach and Tory backed away from purchasing half of one of the properties. 

I don't think Z&T have the money to purchase part of the farm.  I think they want to work the farm and get to live in the big house rent free as their "salary".  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

I don't think Z&T have the money to purchase part of the farm.  I think they want to work the farm and get to live in the big house rent free as their "salary".  

I mean, sure, maybe, but they currently support a home that costs aprox 550k , and Zach's been pulling in a pretty decent wage for the reality show for 12 years now, and they don't seem to blow their money constantly on expensive toys... Matt bought Amy's half of the big house property for 867k.

I know its popular to assume Matt is wealthy and everyone else in the family is poor but the reality is that they all have been getting paid separately to do the show. As much as some people don't like it - and I am not a huge fan myself - but Tory probably makes pretty decent money from her social media on top of getting paid to be on the show. They don't live an extravagant life. There's no reason to think there's not money available.

Rumor has it Jeremy and Auj made a low ball offer and wanted conditions on how they would be allowed to use the land. Frankly I can see the big house not being that great of a trade for Zach and Tory's current really great house where they don't have a co-owner making  demands all the time.  Buying half a property means Matt controls the property. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I know its popular to assume Matt is wealthy and everyone else in the family is poor but the reality is that they all have been getting paid separately to do the show.

I actually don't think Matt is over the top wealthy.  I think he is comfortable but probably has a lot of deb too.  I still doubt Z&T have the funds to buy Amy's share of the farm, but this is just my opinion.  Amy is loaded, I don't doubt that at all.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 2

Also, Matt isn't obligated to sell or pass along any part of the farm during his lifetime, nor is he obligated to decide what happens to it after he's gone (I wouldn't get into that mess, either; let the kids fight it out later).  It gives him pleasure to run it -- he seems to have done a pretty good job of it so far -- and to run it his way, so why shouldn't he as long as he's able?  There's no mandatory retirement age or time at which the next generation becomes entitled to it.  He's made it clear he's happy to mentor anyone interested, but so far no one's been very interested!  It's entirely his farm, and he can do exactly as he pleases with it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I personally have no issue if Matt wants to play king of the farm for the rest of his life. As I said, I think that's his plan.

I just don't believe he has any willingness to mentor anyone, despite his pretty constant wailing how he wants to leave the farm to one of the kids. Mentoring would involve giving up control over decisions and yes ultimately giving control to someone else. 

As for avoiding the mess and saying screw it let the kids fight when I am dead... remember thats how Matt loves his family. No concern that the family might tear apart because he's spent years dangling who gets the farm. Sorry, I've watched too many families implode over stuff like this to applaud his "the only thing that matters is MY pleasure" attitude.

• Love 2

Maybe he will just leave everything to all 4 children and from there they will decide what they will do, maybe someone will buy the others out or they will have to sell and just split the profits.  They already have hard feelings over the farm and Matt isn't even dead yet🤣

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Maybe he will just leave everything to all 4 children and from there they will decide what they will do, maybe someone will buy the others out or they will have to sell and just split the profits.  They already have hard feelings over the farm and Matt isn't even dead yet🤣

That's sort of how it's normally done.  Parents leave their estates to their children, and they sort it out.  I haven't heard of too many deciding -- at age 60 -- to leave it all to one child or another and wouldn't think that would help family relations...

If one wants the family home or family business or vacation home or whatever, they buy out the other siblings' share.  If two want it, they figure it out as adults.

No parent is obligated to -- or should presume to -- dictate the future in advance.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4