Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

Matt deserves some happiness he was married to the bitchy little succubus way too long!

It's Matts property and if he wants to erect an old style outhouse next to the royal wedding that's his choice, if Chris was a real man he wouldnt have allowed his wedding to be at Amy's ex-husbands property, what a pussy!

Amy is a sour turd that no one but Chris wants to be around and he's just there for the money and his fetish for tiny women, so creepy  

Old BUG EYES probably has boxes of Playboys, poor Henry has seen things that no little fish should see!  😲

buggy.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 7/17/2021 at 2:37 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Or how about the maybe not so great idea to build a second McMansion right when lumber costs are going through the roof?

It’s his hard earned money.  Why not?

• Love 7

It's wasteful, for starters. There's nothing wrong with the big house, its actually designed for his disabilities, and there's various features created to his tastes. The small changes Amy made - that "ruined" the house - amounted to painting the kitchen cabinets and painting over the red in the living room. 

Second, at last check, the dream house is indeed a two story McMansion and every other dwarf member of the family get soundly railed on for oversized two story homes. Matt is single so does he need a five bedroom home with a second story. 

Third, mark my words, he won't be happy with it.  He never is. 

My fourth isn't really a fourth in that I don't actually care but... I question whether he really has the wealth to afford two gigantic homes.  I'm actually curious to see if he spends money he doesn't have to build this place. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kid said:

It’s his hard earned money.  Why not?

Is Matt now supposed to wait for the economy to recover to get on with his life?  I'd say he's waited long enough.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Just for the record.  Amy's new house has five bedrooms and four bathrooms and takes up an area of 3,767 square feet.  And it's two stories.

Amazing what a woman can save up by working three part-time jobs with an ex-husband who was unemployed.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

He can spend as he likes, its not going to stop people from commenting on his choices. Does he really need a second Mcmansion with two stories that he'll be displeased with as soon as its done?

AzChristian I see your gripe and ask this. If Amy had died soon after Jacob was born, would Matt have had the free time to dream his dreams or would he have needed to commit to stable employment to provide for his children on his own? Marriages are partnerships... Matt wouldn't be where he is without Amy. She earned her half of the marital earnings just as he did.

• Love 7
(edited)

I disagree that Matt was "dissatisfied" with the farmhouse.  Yes, it was always a pigsty, and no, he didn't care for Amy's renovation of the kitchen, but he built it up from what began as a shack and I'm sure enjoyed his accomplishment and liked the finished product.  Of course he wouldn't want to live the rest of his life in a double-wide trailer, but he's made that a very cozy and attractive home, too.

I don't know too many second wives who would be asked or expected to take up housekeeping in the home of the first wife.  Besides which, Caryn does the cooking, and the kitchen is dwarf-sized, and Z&T must move in to carry the farm and show into the next generation!

Is he always looking forward to the next project?  Yes; it keeps him young at heart, healthy and active and happy, and it's proven profitable.  Live your best life, Matt.  That's the best revenge!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 12

Matt has expressed his displeasure over Amy's changes... yet they are mostly cosmetic.

Oh boo hoo Matt's girlfriend doesn't want to live there? She's got her own home at last check, and if the kitchen is an issue, I mean really, renovations are less expensive. And honestly plenty of second wives move into their man's home. As for Zach and Tory? They don't seem to be budging.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Oh boo hoo Matt's girlfriend doesn't want to live there?

I wouldn't want to do it and if I were Amy I would be happy about them not moving into her former home.  

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I wouldn't want to do it and if I were Amy I would be happy about them not moving into her former home.  

If Amy were capable of ever being happy about anything.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

I think Amy is no longer an owner so her feelings on who lives in her prior home are her problem. 

Many second wives don't get to have the option of refusing to live in the prior wife's home and Caryn isn't even engaged to Matt.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Couldn't you just see her seethe if she walked into what used to be HER house, but it was sparkling clean and beautifully decorated???

To be honest, I wonder if she'd even be embarrassed about how nasty it used to look.

• Love 10
(edited)
36 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Many second wives don't get to have the option of refusing to live in the prior wife's home and Caryn isn't even engaged to Matt.

It's a moot point whether they're married or not; they're obviously in a committed relationship and plan to live together full-time.  Wherever.  Neither wants to begin a new life in the old house, and that's their prerogative.  How exciting to make a fresh start somewhere else together and begin anew!  It's too bad Amy can't seem to get excited about that (seemingly only about the wedding itself)...

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

It's wasteful, for starters. There's nothing wrong with the big house, its actually designed for his disabilities, and there's various features created to his tastes. The small changes Amy made - that "ruined" the house - amounted to painting the kitchen cabinets and painting over the red in the living room. 

Second, at last check, the dream house is indeed a two story McMansion and every other dwarf member of the family get soundly railed on for oversized two story homes. Matt is single so does he need a five bedroom home with a second story. 

Third, mark my words, he won't be happy with it.  He never is. 

My fourth isn't really a fourth in that I don't actually care but... I question whether he really has the wealth to afford two gigantic homes.  I'm actually curious to see if he spends money he doesn't have to build this place. 

Matt is milling his own lumber. And probably selling the rest at a profit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Not really. Hate to break it to you but unmarried people are not the same as married and I see Judge Judy make that point way too much to doubt it.

Matt says he's milling his own lumber but the property is a) mostly fields and b) small amounts of new growth trees that aren't being chopped down. He's buying logs and having them milled on site. There's no evidence of any lumber sales happening. This reminds me of Matt's large profit making furniture business he was starting that turned out to be Matt buying himself some custom chairs from a long established company.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Matt is milling his own lumber. And probably selling the rest at a profit. 

I was just coming over to say that.  What an ingenious idea for him to do that.  Hip Hip Hooray Matt.  Another wonderful money saving project.  You Da Man!

It's actions and ideas like this that enabled Amy and her live in boyfriend and non working Zack to live the lives they're now living.

They should kiss his boots!  But no those ingrates will complain, complain.

Matt's the glue that holds that whole kit and kaboodle together.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

There is no way TLC would have shown Matt passed out from drinking. At the time, it seems like he was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with diabetes? When he came home with his special diabetic diet in hand, Amy told him no way was she doing that for him, that he just needed to prepare his own food from then on. It is a good thing he did take charge of it, as I really doubt she could have followed the diet...counting carbs, fats, protein and calories? Food often needs to be measured at first too, and we have seen that she is not capable of following recipes or measuring things correctly. Her teacher's aide job was to help lower the tuition cost of the kids attending the private Christian school, and I don't think she received any actual cash in her hands? Plus she passed her self off as a teacher, not just a preschool aide at that time. The kids were pretty much feral, and the house a pig sty, so if she hadn't had those supposedly three  part time jobs, she would have been sitting twiddling her thumbs doing not much of anything.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

When he came home with his special diabetic diet in hand, Amy told him no way was she doing that for him, that he just needed to prepare his own food from then on

I didn't remember that, she was such a good wife🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

There is no way TLC would have shown Matt passed out from drinking.

Have you watched TLC? I mean yes, they do depict people passed out from drinking.

48 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

At the time, it seems like he was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with diabetes?

Nope - The episode is called Little Pain Little Gain. He want to the doctor afterward and she diagnosed vertigo and suggested physical therepy. He did some stretches with a physical therepist and then went with Jeremy to jump out of an airplane with the Golden Knights. No refusal of a diet (I think you're thinking of a different episode where Matt wanted everyone to go on the diet with him, including the kids). There is, however, a lengthy rhapsody from Matt on dwarf butt and how cute Amy's butt is, and how he loves Amy's butt, complete with several shots of him openly pawing her ass.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was just coming over to say that.  What an ingenious idea for him to do that.  Hip Hip Hooray Matt.  Another wonderful money saving project.  You Da Man!

It's actions and ideas like this that enabled Amy and her live in boyfriend and non working Zack to live the lives they're now living.

They should kiss his boots!  But no those ingrates will complain, complain.

Matt's the glue that holds that whole kit and kaboodle together.

Amen!!!

His family should be extremely proud of him. This is a man with severe disabilities. He did not sit around and feel sorry for himself and play the perpetual victim like so many and he had plenty of reason to do so. He went out there and got it done. Does he have faults? Of course he does, we ALL do. But that does not take away from what he has accomplished.   Good for him. I wish him the best in every way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
20 hours ago, Munchkin said:

Matt deserves some happiness he was married to the bitchy little succubus way too long!

It's Matts property and if he wants to erect an old style outhouse next to the royal wedding that's his choice, if Chris was a real man he wouldnt have allowed his wedding to be at Amy's ex-husbands property, what a pussy!

Amy is a sour turd that no one but Chris wants to be around and he's just there for the money and his fetish for tiny women, so creepy  

Old BUG EYES probably has boxes of Playboys, poor Henry has seen things that no little fish should see!  😲

buggy.gif

Omg those eyeballs! 😂

Chris will have his wedding wherever Napoleon Bulldozer says they’ll have the wedding!

He loves the TLC money and doesn’t care if he looks like a wimp… once again they all rely on Matt and what he can provide… bunch of ungrateful leeches. 

Napoleon Bulldozer and her Wimp!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A Matter of Matt's Health: Season 4, Episode 17

Matt was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and sleep apnea.

So I think we're all misremembering this episode ;) Thanks to the power of Discovery+, I pulled it up and watched and....

There's no mention of a special diet at all. 

There is a gross moment where Matt over talks the scene of him making tunafish by pour tons of mayo and mustard and multiple scoops of relish into it, complete with shoveling it into his mouth. The over talk is about how he just eats poorly and has bad health habits. Matt goes to the doctor mostly as a check up and some concern about his sleeping and being tired. He does standard check up stuff and then does a sleep apnea test where he is diagnosed with it. (I've seen later interviews where he says sleep apnea is a scam) Later he gets a phone call from his doctor and finds out he has diabetes. Then we get a scene at the kitchen counter where he's got like... every pamphlet that ever existed for diabetes and all sorts of testing gear. Mike is there, going over it, and so is Amy, and Matt notes he will hire someone to deal with it and Amy is like "no, you really have to manage this yourself" - not angry, with concern, and Matt says he wants to go do something else more important and leaves the stuff. There's lots of playing Risk and and at least two recitations of how Matt spent his life in a hospital. He tests his blood sugar and calls Amy, and finds out that he tested at the wrong time, and calls the testing process stupid. Amy gently reminds him, while driving with Molly, that he has to be careful. Molly and Amy discuss in the car why didn't Matt's doctor explain all of this stuff to him.  There is a brief interlude where Matt's brother Josh, who died of heart trouble is discussed, and a bedroom/apt in the barn that we never see again where he lived for a time. Then we're back at the kitchen table with Amy explaining to Matt how to track what he eats and how he'll need to monitor things and be more careful. Then she makes him eggs, and voices over how when Matt doesn't want to deal with something he tends to ignore it and this is something that can't be ignored.  Matt then dramatically tells the kids that they will all also get type two diabetes and Amy tells him to stop being dramatic and not to tell the kids they will all die because of his genes. Then Matt and Amy go to his doctor because he maybe has a heart problem? Except that the doctor seems to be a wee bit dramatic herself. But its really more of a "you have a lot of symptoms and you're getting older so take better care of yourself. This is one of two places where Matt describes his hospital stays as a child in this episode alone. He then asks the doctor to prescibe him a daily dose of "luving" and swats Amy a little who laughs a bit as well.  There's a lot of voiceovers from Matt about how he might die. They end on how Amy and Matt love each other unconditionally. 

No special diet and actually amy was pretty supportive of the health issue. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Omg those eyeballs! 😂

Chris will have his wedding wherever Napoleon Bulldozer says they’ll have the wedding!

He loves the TLC money and doesn’t care if he looks like a wimp… once again they all rely on Matt and what he can provide… bunch of ungrateful leeches. 

Napoleon Bulldozer and her Wimp!

I've got to say that name has a ring to it, it just rolls off the tongue 

Any chance of adding a reference to his MAN BOOBS? 😁

I'll never forget their camping trip when "WimpyManBoobs" smashed his bike into the back of their rented motorhome, not much of a biker and the whole time Amy was dragging more and more shit into the motorhome and Chris was so angry, he didn't want to talk and Napoleon Bulldozer wouldn't shut up!  🤣😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

No, he didn't refer to himself as bigger and better that was Amy's man.  

I know; I'm saying Matt has (also) moved on to bigger and better: Caryn!

Matt's looks like a man chest to me; well-developed pectoral muscles.  Must be all that hobbling around on crutches that he manages to do so cheerfully!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

With fairly constant mention of how he's in constant pain, was ripped from his mother's breast, spent his childhood in hospitals, and will soon die due to his many health woes. I used to have a drinking game around Matt going on....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

I know; I'm saying Matt has (also) moved on to bigger and better: Caryn!

Matt's looks like a man chest to me; well-developed pectoral muscles.  Must be all that hobbling around on crutches that he manages to do so cheerfully!

I got it ALL4MOM, my response was directed at a different post.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Munchkin said:

I've got to say that name has a ring to it, it just rolls off the tongue 

Any chance of adding a reference to his MAN BOOBS? 😁

I'll never forget their camping trip when "WimpyManBoobs" smashed his bike into the back of their rented motorhome, not much of a biker and the whole time Amy was dragging more and more shit into the motorhome and Chris was so angry, he didn't want to talk and Napoleon Bulldozer wouldn't shut up!  🤣😂

I remember that episode, so funny it reminded me of the movie with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz I think it’s called The Long long Trailer” anyways they’re towing this huge house trailer and everywhere they stop Lucy takes a great big rock as a souvenir eventually the car could barely tow it because of all the small boulders she’d hidden… Desi finds out and has a fit!

Chris was so pissed off and like you said Amy kept dragging more and more crap onboard and  talking nonstop.. he just wanted her to stop bringing stuff they didn’t need and shut up!! 😂

JMO but Matt’s chest looks fine… Matt is tanned and solid looking… Chris is white as a ghost with soft droopy boobs.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I am curious has any of that evidence been made public?  Have we seen it?  

Depends on where you look. ;)

1) In Caryn's divorce, its stated that the children are forbidden to be on Roloff Farms or to be on the tv show... kind of an odd request for someone who was having a completely professional relationship with Matt. According to Intouch Weekly (not a great source but not anonymous on line sorts either) there was fighting in Caryn's divorce over her job. Radaronline also reports this, including that both parents were forbidden to discuss their places of employment with the children. Caryn's divorce was finalized well before Matt and Amy's seperation. 

2. In the trial documents for the Noah's ark trespass case its discussed in some detail how Matt felt violated because the inspector walked along the driveway near his barn office which he cites as a very very private part of the farm where only Caryn and Molly (not Amy) have keys to get into the office. 

3. Also in the trial docs is how Amy was in counseling in 2010 and 2011 for marital difficulties but Matt refused.

4. Also in the trial docs is how Caryn pretty much was always within ten feet of Matt , although not filmed. 

5. In one early episode - the soccer team practicing before the ireland trip,  Caryn is all over the big house (I'd use the term "bossyboots") and is literally wearing Matt's jacket and sitting by his side at one of the many fires. 

6. There's an episode well before the separation where Matt is theoretically testing Zach and Jeremy's ability to run pumpkin season by leaving them to run the show and taking Caryn (just Caryn) out to a local restaurant.

7. Easy to dismiss if you want but several (more than several) locals have posted anonymously that Matt and Caryn had been seen around Helvetia being obviously physically affectionate long before the separation and divorce.

8. Amy has no reason to lie - and every reason not to since Matt is litigious - and she says Matt and "the farm manager" were inappropriate with each other. 

9. Matt refuses to deny the charge and also stating that Amy was leaving out important details but not detailing what those details are is yes, circumstantial evidence of guilt. 

Court docs are public - you do have to pay for downloads at lexisnexis if you want to see the Noah's Ark case stuff but all you have to do is be willing to pay a rather nominal fee (ten cents a page the last time I did it, which was a while ago)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Maybe she's just temperamentally unhappy; after all, she looks a lot like another family member!

Wonder what Z&T do with all their free time when M&C babysit?

I think it was Zach and Tori’s anniversary