Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

What was snarky?  I heard him say, the house would be finished by the wedding date in one video and then in the other he said he put in something to make it prettier for the wedding.  Did I miss something?

I didn’t watch the video(IG not working for me) but read somewhere he was building a pole barn garage, if that’s what he’s building those usually take about 2 weeks.  If he’s building something else In the video I have no idea.

6 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I didn’t watch the video(IG not working for me) but read somewhere he was building a pole barn garage, if that’s what he’s building those usually take about 2 weeks.  If he’s building something else In the video I have no idea.

The garage that’s being built now is the garage for the house. They are using wood that’s being milled on-site and elsewhere.

Also, he put in a berm to essentially block the view of it from where the wedding will be held.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Interesting post about Matt over on redditt - in a thread titled "anyone know this family before they were famous?"

Okay I was just showing my wife this thread and she reminded me our neighbor owns a liquor store that Matt Roloff used to frequent back in his drunken hay day when the show was just getting started. Guess he’d been going there for years but as his celebrity grew he’d become more and more obnoxious and rude and sometimes would come in drunk. Apparently they used to call him “Little Hollywood” when he was being too obnoxious. He didn’t like this and would threaten to “knock yer (F word) teeth out” with his crutch. 

I mean, they aren't claiming to be a stripper so it may not be holy writ ;)

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

In other news...I love the handprint idea!  Wonder if he'll mix up some new cement for the new one(s) later?  Maybe in the foundation for the house...

Maybe Amy will come over in her low cut costume and memorialize those jugs in cement…
They put the “PUMPKIN” in Matt’s punkin season! 😋

• LOL 10
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe Amy will come over in her low cut costume and memorialize those jugs in cement…
They put the “PUMPKIN” in Matt’s punkin season! 😋

You crack me up!  Did you hear her man tell her she was the heart of pumpkin season in last weeks episode?   Yeah and apparently the boobs too!

• LOL 4

Responding here instead of the Amy thread since its about Matt

Of course Matt wants the wedding on the farm...and the TLC money...and the ratings...and for the show to succeed and continue...  That's Jackson's legacy!

I wonder how the other grandkids will feel about Granpa Matt as they get older and realize Jackson has a legacy and they are no where near as special to Matt. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I wonder how the other grandkids will feel about Granpa Matt as they get older and realize Jackson has a legacy and they are no where near as special to Matt. 

With the exception of Lila, they're not "Little People," so they wouldn't inherit "Big World."

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

So far it is just Ember and Bode and I think those kids are much closer to Audrey's family than Matt, Amy and co.  Tons of pictures with her parents and siblings on Instagram.  They attended Ember's dance recital and Ember ran out to hug Audrey's mom.  No Roloffs in sight.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

With the exception of Lila, they're not "Little People," so they wouldn't inherit "Big World."

Which may be true but isn't a nice message - "Granddad loves the kids who will continue the show and earning Granddad big bucks more and thats why Jackson gets special things you don't from Granddad".

1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

So far it is just Ember and Bode and I think those kids are much closer to Audrey's family than Matt, Amy and co.  Tons of pictures with her parents and siblings on Instagram.  They attended Ember's dance recital and Ember ran out to hug Audrey's mom.  No Roloffs in sight.

Hmmm Audrey is currently pregnant and while I do applaud Molly and Jacob not rushing into having kids, they probably will at some point and honestly I can see Audrey not being so cool about days on the farm when the kids are old enough to understand that they're the lesser grandkids and Granddad Matt loves Jackson best.

I also wonder what will happen when Caryn has her own actual grandkids. No one likes seeing their kids put to the bottom of the pile. 

• Love 2

I think at this time losing the option to purchase the farm is still not sitting well with Audrey and Jeremy.  I sincerely believe they don't give a crap anymore about their standing with the Roloffs.  Time will tell, but I doubt I will care!

• Love 5

I thought Matt was included in Jeremy’s “former” family.  Seriously though,  Matt and Amy didn’t seem to care about showing favoritism with their own kids, so I doubt they care about it with their grandkids unfortunately.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

He didn’t like this and would threaten to “knock yer (F word) teeth out” with his crutch. 

Little gangsta Matt using his crutch as a weapon is funny. 

34 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

So far it is just Ember and Bode and I think those kids are much closer to Audrey's family than Matt, Amy and co.

I've noticed when a couple marries and has kids, the daughter's family gets more visits. I know this is not always the case. Knowing these people, there are probably bad feeling somewhere. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I thought Matt was included in Jeremy’s “former” family.  Seriously though,  Matt and Amy didn’t seem to care about showing favoritism with their own kids, so I doubt they care about it with their grandkids unfortunately.

Its unfortunate to see the pattern repeat itself. Let's not forget that Matt's little golden boy didn't turn out so well. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Let's not forget that Matt's little golden boy didn't turn out so well. 

Who is the golden boy?  Jeremy?  I have to disagree, however he is earning money seems to work for him.  Also, he has a wife, two beautiful children and another on the way.  They go on fabulous vacations, have an active social life and what looks like a nice home and the best of everything.  You may not like their personalities or how they act etc, but I don't think you can say he didn't turn out so well.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Who is the golden boy?  Jeremy?  

Oh yes, Jeremy was very much Matt's favored child up until the marriage and the disappointing female first born child. In the gender reveal party episode, you can literally see Matt go from smiles to frowning as Ember is revealed as a probable grand daughter, and he immediately turns to Zack and says "Jackson is king of the farm".

9 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I have to disagree, however he is earning money seems to work for him.  Also, he has a wife, two beautiful children and another on the way.  They go on fabulous vacations, have an active social life and what looks like a nice home and the best of everything.  You may not like their personalities or how they act etc, but I don't think you can say he didn't turn out so well.  

He lives off his woman's work. People ride Zach as a lazy ass because he does the reality show but Jeremy's literally jumping from expensive hobby to expensive hobby. All the money is being earned by Audrey - much like Matt, I will never take away the fact that Audrey is energetic and works for her money. As much as I don't love the MLM oils business, she's doing the work

And to be honest, I am more looking at it from Matt's point of view. He's asked Jeremy to consider the farm and to work on the farm and take over the business and for all Jeremy's talk, he's said no every time and then apparently makes a ridiculous lowball offer to buy the farm. I also think Jeremy making things all about the wife's family might be an issue. But thats just me.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

He lives off his woman's work.

So she is writing the books all by herself and sticking his name on them?  As much as  I think those books are absurd, I think he participates.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Oh I think she has done the lionshare of the writing and she's certainly the one pursuing the career as a Christian writer. I'm sure he sits in front of a laptop occasionally (for photos if nothing else). I do think Jeremy was more religiously conservative as a kid growing up than what the show chose to depict but Audrey is clearly the force behind the "We're a Christian Couple" branding. She's also the force behind pretty much everything they do.  I'm waiting for his affair, or her nervous breakdown from doing all the work. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

So she is writing the books all by herself and sticking his name on them?  As much as  I think those books are absurd, I think he participates.

Yeah . . . he googles stuff and then copies and pastes other people's ideas into their books.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Jer doesn't work very hard, but then neither does Zach (the same part-time gig for a few hours after school at a soccer center that he's had since he was a teenager, or does he even still do that?).  They weren't raised to make their beds or pick up after themselves much less hold full-time jobs.  Ditto for Jacob until very recently.  Seems only Molly, who also looks most like her father, inherited the gene for industry and self-motivation.  That said, I certainly don't think Jer is a "disappointment," although I know Matt hoped he would take over the farm one day.  He seems to be a fine husband and father and have a lot of friends and, as Jimmy Stewart famously stated, no one with friends can be considered a failure!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yeah . . . he googles stuff and then copies and pastes other people's ideas into their books.

I wouldn't know I have never and will never buy any of their books and that includes Amy's too!

• Love 7

Does it overlook the gazebo and the sunset?  The scene Chris was rhapsodizing over as they thumbed through their #storyofamyandchrism album.  He'd give his eye teeth for that view!

• Love 3
On 7/3/2021 at 1:00 PM, stoppro said:

fuck matt and the horse he rode in on

I picture Napoleon when he’s up on his tractors  and lifts. 
The twinkle  in his eyes laughter  and finger guns saying pow pow let’s go on his  and his girlfriends trip  go over to Amy’s house sums it all up.  
He is  a little man in more ways than one. 

• Love 5

He's a little disabled man who's been on crutches all his life, so I can understand his feeling empowered upon the giant machines his high-school education and hard work have earned him and don't begrudge him that feeling of satisfaction...

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I picture Napoleon when he’s up on his tractors  and lifts. 
The twinkle  in his eyes laughter  and finger guns saying pow pow let’s go on his  and his girlfriends trip  go over to Amy’s house sums it all up.  
He is  a little man in more ways than one. 

When he chuckles about pushing Amy’s buttons or putting on over on her, he reminds me of Rumplestiltskin in the children’s story.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Adiba said:

When he chuckles about pushing Amy’s buttons or putting on over on her, he reminds me of Rumplestiltskin in the children’s story.

Or when he's heehawing how hilarious it is that he's lied to Amy about the money spent on something. 

2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

He's a little disabled man who's been on crutches all his life,

His disability does not grant him a free pass to be an ass... Matt gets away with a lot of jerk behavior because he knows how to turn on the "poor widdle cripple Matt who was ripped from his mother's breast and spent his entire childhood being tortured in hospitals and suffers terrible pain to this day" pity party. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

What is that?  It’s ugly!

Thank you. I’m not impressed. I’m thinking if the garage goes with the house…I won’t like that either. 
Matt’s better than that!  Strange.

3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

His disability does not grant him a free pass to be an ass...

Nor does the trauma experienced in Amy's youth give her a free pass to be a  bitter little nag for the rest of her life.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

Nor does the trauma experienced in Amy's youth give her a free pass to be a  bitter little nag for the rest of her life.

Are you thinking I disagree? Because I don't. 

The difference I would cite is that I think Amy is a bitter nag about Matt not because of teasing in her childhood but because of the many issues that cropped up in their marriage. Among them, Matt heehawing to the public how he lies about money to Amy so he can buy what he likes. I don't know many women who would be "My husband lied about the money he spent and I don't feel betrayed, I just love him more! Even though I was ignored and lied to, I'm just the wife and he's a man and my place is to shut my mouth and service his needs". I'd be nagging the shit out of a man who bought cars without even consulting me.

I lost any respect for Matt when he blamed his second DUI arrest on the pedals in the car because he was driving "sloppy" because it was Amy's car and he didn't bother adjusting the pedals. If he was driving bad enough to be pulled over, maybe instead whining like a bitch how he was driving sloppy cause he's a dwarf and needs special adjustments and DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO BOTHER and boo hoo hoo he's being mistreated because he's a dwarf. No, if he WASN'T drunk, then he was being an irresponsible ass because he damn well knows he needs the pedals specially adjusted and decided "fuck it I don't want to be bothered". And then blamed it on his dwarfism. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The difference I would cite is that I think Amy is a bitter nag about Matt not because of teasing in her childhood but because of the many issues that cropped up in their marriage.

Without getting into Amy's share in her marriage woes, and it's a big one, I'd just like to say, now that she is getting ready to marry MY MAN, It's time to retire her bitterness and be happy with him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

Without getting into Amy's share in her marriage woes, and it's a big one, I'd just like to say, now that she is getting ready to marry MY MAN, It's time to retire her bitterness and be happy with him. 

Perhaps but everyone heals in their own time. 

To keep the topic Matt focused, I have often thought that Matt should seek therepy over his obvious anger over his childhood in the hospitals where the doctors experimented on him and didn't give two shits about his feelings. But I also accept that he's an adult and none of us can make him seek assistance, even though it might provide him some answers and healing to all the bitterness he has over it. 

1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

Fortunately, it doesn't have to please anyone but Matt and Caryn themselves!

Just Matt really. It's his house. She just might be living in it. Maybe. She's certainly not allowed an opinion. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Are we sure that's the model for the garage and not the house?  Generally, people put big picture windows in the latter; not the former.

Yup it’s the garage and it’s supposed to hold up to 5 or 6 cars…. Matt didn’t want it to look like a garage he wanted it to look more like a barn.

• Love 3
On 7/13/2021 at 10:13 AM, all4mom2 said:

only Molly, who also looks most like her father, inherited the gene for industry and self-motivation. 

Matt's the hard worker? When the show started he was  scanning around , drunk. While Amy worked three jobs to be sure her kids were fed. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, bobalina said:

Matt's the hard worker? When the show started he was  scanning around , drunk. While Amy worked three jobs to be sure her kids were fed. 

this

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's amazing that Amy managed to establish both a stool business and the farm and make it a success, oh and write a book about life as a dwarf in addition to representing LPA in speaking engagements, not to mention pitching a reality TV show and getting it off the ground while working three jobs and raising four kids singlehanded.  It's not just a pumpkin season costume; she really is super woman!

As for Matt "angry and bitter," I tried to picture this.  It made me chuckle!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

It's amazing that Amy managed to establish both a stool business and the farm and make it a success, oh and write a book about life as a dwarf in addition to representing LPA in speaking engagements, not to mention pitching a reality TV show and getting it off the ground while working three jobs and raising four kids singlehanded.

No one actually said this. What was said was "Matt's the hard worker? When the show started he was  scanning around , drunk. While Amy worked three jobs to be sure her kids were fed. "

While I will grant that Matt wasn't demonstrably drunk all the time in the early seasons, when the show started, he was unemployed and had been for a year, and Amy was working three jobs to bring in extra money. They were borrowing money from Amy's parents for Zach's dental expenses. Matt, in his book about being a dwarf, also admitted to making a lot of financial errors that almost led to selling the farm before the show started. He hasn't been a perfect provider and the situation isn't black and white. 

• Love 8