Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

From Matt's Facebook 

Matt Roloff 

33m  · 

Another fun and productive weekend.. played for hours with cousins Jackson and Ember, then attended a friends wedding Saturday night.. had brunch with Molly & Joel before getting back to various projects around the farm with Jacob! Whew! Now letting that Oregon rain water the pumpkin and wildflower seeds in nice and good !! Life is good! @rolofffarms @carynchandler1 @jacobroloff45 @toriroloff @zroloff07 @jeremyroloff @audreyroloff #workhardplayhard #gettingtbingsdone #enjoyingthemoment #lifegivesyoulemonsmakelemonade #livingmybestlife #hieverybody #lovelovetoYouall

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 6.56.55 PM.png

If this were a picture of Amy (in place of Matt) at a wedding with "her man" and the groom.

image.png.1fa87c0ac49c46de8f659e36d93e556f.png

• LOL 6
20 hours ago, LucyEth said:

From Matt's Facebook 

Matt Roloff 

33m  · 

Another fun and productive weekend.. played for hours with cousins Jackson and Ember, then attended a friends wedding Saturday night.. had brunch with Molly & Joel before getting back to various projects around the farm with Jacob! Whew! Now letting that Oregon rain water the pumpkin and wildflower seeds in nice and good !! Life is good! @rolofffarms @carynchandler1 @jacobroloff45 @toriroloff @zroloff07 @jeremyroloff @audreyroloff #workhardplayhard #gettingtbingsdone #enjoyingthemoment #lifegivesyoulemonsmakelemonade #livingmybestlife #hieverybody #lovelovetoYouall

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 6.56.55 PM.png

They look really happy!  Nice looking couple!

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Caryn just seems to get along with all the kids.

Thats what good gold diggers do. 

20 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

They’re probably happy to have cranky Amy G O N E!

Not sure how occasional visits to both parents equal "all the kids want Amy gone". More importantly, I'm not sure I want to be delighted that a family has been completely torn apart by marital discord. I mean "Hurray, the kids hate their mom now!" isn't an emotion I want to have, maybe its just me.

I also think the kids are probably very tired of the nonstop bitching on both sides. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I find myself a little curious how Caryn's family feels about Matt. She's got two adult kids, one that is about to have her first actual grand child. Does Matt ever attend her family events or is the relationship entirely on his terms only?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Caryn just seems to get along with all the kids

Yes and Caryn and Tori seem to be best friends.  They even started that wedding business together on the farm.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Yes and Caryn and Tori seem to be best friends.  They even started that wedding business together on the farm.

Tori definitely loves being around Caryn.... Auj and Jer have a very friendly relationship with Caryn as well

Caryn looks like a fun person to be around, always happy, always up for a new adventure and she loves spending time with and looking after Matt's grandkids, most importantly the grand kids love being around Caryn.... Jackson said his two favorite people were "Mama and ChaCha" no mention of bitter old Mimi

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Not to disparage the wedding business but are there any reports of anyone actually using it? Like, actually paying to book the space for two hours? I remember when they announced it that it seemed a little pricy for a limit of 25 people including officiant and caterers, with everything being rental or BYO.  I'm just curious - they announced it the one time and I don't recall it ever coming up again.

• Love 1

I guess I can post this here, not sure where it belongs.  Caryn posted this ahead of last night's episode.  Jeremy, Audrey and kids not included.  They really avoided pumpkin season now that it seems the kingdom belongs to Zach and Tori.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.58.50 AM.png

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think they are already married!

I agree with you - there have been too many slips of the tongue, and then there was that kiss on the stair landing, which is major PDA for those two - and I say WELL PLAYED.  It was probably a very small, private (obviously), understated, and classy event befitting their ages and "seasons" of life.  In contrast to...

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I agree with you - there have been too many slips of the tongue, and then there was that kiss on the stair landing, which is major PDA for those two - and I say WELL PLAYED.  It was probably a very small, private (obviously), understated, and classy event befitting their ages and "seasons" of life.  In contrast to...

I think they’re wonderful together and Matt looks like he’s really enjoying his life with someone who appreciates his personality.

Matt and Amy are polar opposites and it always seemed stressful for both of them.

• Love 11

But what reason is there to keep it a secret? That's the thing I'm not getting here. Why would the wedding/marital status need to be kept secret?

I mean, if they were secretly married while these new episodes were filmed, then they're choosing to live apart in Oregon and to live a public lie, and aside from "why not", there doesn't seem to be any practical reason for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

But what reason is there to keep it a secret? That's the thing I'm not getting here. Why would the wedding/marital status need to be kept secret?

I mean, if they were secretly married while these new episodes were filmed, then they're choosing to live apart in Oregon and to live a public lie, and aside from "why not", there doesn't seem to be any practical reason for it.

Maybe they prefer privacy -- at least to some extent?  And I don't think anyone knows for sure where they're both living.  Not even Amy now that she's moved!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

Maybe they prefer privacy -- at least to some extent?  And I don't think anyone knows for sure where they're both living.  Not even Amy now that she's moved!

Exactly… just because we see them on TV and follow them online I don’t think we know everything about their private lives.

they might want to keep it to themselves for now, it’s not like they are just average people, whenever they announce anything it gathers a lot more attention and opinions then the rest of us.

• Love 7
Just now, all4mom2 said:

Maybe they prefer privacy -- at least to some extent?  And I don't think anyone knows for sure where they're both living. 

Seriously, they're on a reality tv show. If we go by Caryn's words last night, she's not living with Matt in Oregon. Now, could she be lying? Sure. But for privacy purposes? I mean, lets be clear, for *privacy reasons* they are secretly married and lying to the public about just being two grown adults dating? Why would anyone have a problem with them being married? Frankly, considering the conservative nature of some fans (I've seen some pretty conservative views on different boards) it would be a plus for them to have formalized their relationship.

I don't see any upside to lying to the public about shacking up/dating when they're actually married. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly… just because we see them on TV and follow them online I don’t think we know everything about their private lives.

Or maybe they aren't married. 

As for privacy, they were literally making sex remarks to each other on camera.

If they are married, then they are lying to the public. I certainly think Matt Roloff is a liar regardless, but I suspect a lot of fans might not like finding out they were intentionally duped. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

they might want to keep it to themselves for now, it’s not like they are just average people, whenever they announce anything it gathers a lot more attention and opinions then the rest of us.

I agree Joan, maybe they are and maybe they aren't but either way it's their life and their decision what they decide to share.

We don't know everything that's going on, if they're married and keeping it secret for now maybe there's a reason we aren't aware of.

Bottom line its their business and doesn't change anything in my life either way, any "fans" who would get up in arms and all upset if they're secretly married need to GET A LIFE!  🙄

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

Bottom line its their business and doesn't change anything in my life either way, any "fans" who would get up in arms and all upset if they're secretly married need to GET A LIFE! 

Oh sure, but in fairness Matt used to love to brag how the show was real and raw. I trust it will be ok to say "Matt Roloff is a liar" if he is indeed secretly married and telling the public he's still dating?

Or will there be some justification for Matt telling the public frequently, especially in early seasons, that everything they watched was real, therefore leading them to believe the show depiction was honest, and then to have Matt chortling with glee how he was secretly married and hee hee hee the silly fans believed him?

Matt's long been a dick about blaming fans for "misinterpreting" things on the show, and how they're stupid for not realizing they don't see the entire story, so I can see where openly lying just might piss people off. 

Sorry, if a man lies to my face about a significant point - married or not - I don't think I'm the one with the problem if I don't smile and thank him for his deception. 

• Love 4

I have a hard time believing Matt and Caryn had an affair as Amy wrote in her 'trying hard to sell her book'.  Just never believed it but I'm from Missouri the Show Me State so there's that.  I just finished reading a bit about the accusation and I don't think Amy saying this has ever been written about here so I thought I would share it.  Per Matt;

"[Amy] left out pretty major parts of her life that would have thrown balance to the story.”

The story involves how Caryn worked as a manager at Roloff Farms prior to getting together romantically with Matt.

Did the two wait to hook up until after Matt and Amy ended their 27-year marriage in early 2016? We may never know.

But Amy seemed to even admit that the so-called affair may have been more emotional than physical, which doesn't necessarily get Matt off the hook completely.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2020/03/matt-roloff-takes-fans-behind-the-scenes-of-little-people-big-wo/

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Of course Caryn and Matt were at least having an emotional affair while married.   I'm sure she blamed Amy for poor Matt being miserable.  Isn't that standard procedure when screwing someone's husband?   Next comes trying to get so close to the kids...oh wait...she's already there.   

I think they suck as a couple, although they do share being lying cheaters. It's always easier to get along with a man after he's made the money instead of being part of the struggle of raising the kids, paying the bills , washing his socks and underwear, health issues and every day life.  Of course she's going to look fresh as a daisy to him.  He's just another idiot man that followed his dick to greener pastures.  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Another time Amy's fudging...  A little back peddling.

When a fan went on to directly ask whether Amy believes Matt was cheating on her, Amy replied, “You know what, I can’t say that. You know, there’s definitely things, you know, more than just a guy and a girl friendship. But, you know, it happened.”

https://people.com/tv/amy-roloff-thinks-matt-was-more-than-just-friends-with-girlfriend-before-divorce/

I doubt she's  going to spill the beans to a fan about what happened.   I think she knows that most people are smart enough to put two and two together.  

• Love 5
(edited)

If you need a dated sex tape and an open admission then you do. I'm good with what Amy said, she has no reason to lie - being the scorned and discarded wife is humiliating,  not an honor. Amy doesn't have a history of lying and if it is a lie, Matt and Caryn could sue and haven't.

Matt's never been willing to make a firm statement on Amy's accusation and if she's lying  why isn't he taking a stand? She is calling him a cheater and he's all "well, I'm taking the high road and no comment" but the genuine moral high road for someone who didn't  cheat is "i didn't cheat".

There's a reason Matt waffles like a bitch on this point. He clearly knows the difference between a soft lie where he just refuses to comment and acts offended, and a firm lie, where he firmly states the affair never happened. Once he commits to the firm lie, it can be held against him if proof exists... I'm thinking it probably does exist, which is why he keeps mum on something he'd be a braying ass over if he was genuinely in the right.

Eta if Matt wants to insist that Amy left out large parts of the story, perhaps instead of saying just that and nothing more, Matt could spill the beans. I mean let's be clear, Amy accused him of adultery publically. If there's an easy explanation where Matt is innocent, not sure why he isn't talking some actual facts.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have no idea if Matt actually cheated on Amy and from what Amy has said it sounds like she’s not 100% sure what happened either.  (I personally think Matt and Caryn could have been at least a close emotional relationship but I don’t know for certain, it could have lovey dovey or them both just bitching about their spouses and pumping up each other’s ego).  If Matt were totally innocent I think he would have made a clear statement and demanded a retraction and on the flip side if Amy had all this proof (texts, emails, whatever) she probably would have blanketed the state of Oregon with copies because while she may have been hurt, her hate for Matt is too strong and she wouldn’t have walked back any statements. FWIW I think both Amy and Matt can be jerks at times for different reasons.

Personally, I think Matt and Amy had a shitty marriage and probably should have divorced long before the Caryn factor, if she was one.  Amy and Matt seemed totally incompatible and honestly, it didn’t seem they really knew each other that long and honestly they probably got married because they didn’t think they could do better than each other, then they stayed together for the kids (minus Jacob, whom it always seem they forgot about).

They both seem to have found a better match with whom they are with now.  

Edited by Irate Panda
Other stuff goes in Amy thread
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

If Matt were totally innocent I think he would have made a clear statement and demanded a retraction

Yeah, this. Can't see him letting Amy slur his reputation and not protesting if he was totally innocent. His refusal to give any details but attempt to suggest Amy is lying is his typical manipulative behavior. Really Matt? Amy left out parts of the story that would have lent balance to the story? The story of "Matt cheated with the farm manager"? Well, Matt, since you're man enough to hint your ex might be lying, why not say what you mean instead pulling a bitch move where you imply something's not right but never actually put the facts out there. What did Amy leave out that would have given her story "more balance"?

This btw is coded language for "I was cheating because it's Amy's fault that I was unhappy".

If Matt wasn't cheating, he'd say so. Instead he's wiffling and suggesting and trying to throw things out to confuse - its similar to what he did when he had the second DUI and told the public he hadn't been drinking, he'd had a beer earlier in the day, it was his peddles being wrong, the road itself just makes you drive unsafely, and of course, the cop was unprofessional. 

5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

on the flip side if Amy had all this proof (texts, emails, whatever) she probably would have blanketed the state of Oregon with copies because while she may have been hurt, her hate for Matt is too strong and she wouldn’t have walked back any statements. 

I happen to agree with you but will make this exception. Amy, unlike Matt, has always been concerned with how the kids perceive the divorce and their dad. I don't think her hate for Matt overrides protecting the kids. Amy does have love for the kids and I think thats part of what kept her from divorce and kept her going to a marriage counselor when Matt refused. (That's in the court docs for the trespasser/noah's ark incident, Amy was going to a marriage counselor back then and Matt wouldn't participate)

Matt in contrast has never expressed one second of concern for how his children might feel about the divorce. I will never forget that scene on the show where he told Amy he was going to Hawaii and not coming back until there were grandkids to bother with.  That attitude is one reason I hope Tory and Zach are preparing Jackson for the day when he stops being Matt's always welcome little buddy. The second Jackson isn't into what Matt likes, I have a feeling he will get tossed aside. Frankly, this is where I have a smidge (just a smidge) of sympathy for Jeremy. Asshole he is, the second he stopped being Matt's right hand supporter and went down a different path than moving back home and being Matt's bitch on the farm, Matt sure didn't hesitate to move on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ponyglue said:

Cheating with your boss right in front of his wife makes someone WHOLLY unattractive.

I'm not aware that we have proof of that.   

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Caryn is classless for insisting she and Amy were friends and - ignoring the probable cheating  - publically hooking up with her friend Amy's husband as soon as the divorce was done.

Its also pretty classless to date your boss for years. We have on camera proof of both of these.

As for the affair. I believe it. I suspected it long before Amy did. Amy has every reason NOT to lie in her book because she can be sued and litigious Matt has done nothing. And Matt doesn't deny it, he just avoids direct comment. That's the act of a guilty man.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Caryn was BFF with Amy, toady Lisa-level.  I think they were "friendly" boss and employee.  It's sort of like being "still friends" with your ex.  As for Amy's accusations, they're mostly insinuations, since I doubt she has actual proof of a physical affair.  I wouldn't dignify rumors with an answer, either.

Personally, I believe at some point their friendship probably turned into love -- everyone needs love, and Matt sure wasn't getting any at home -- and it may have constituted an emotional affair, but this damning "note" she references was likely after they separated but before the divorce, which was just a technicality at that point.  I remember very well that Amy was gob-smacked that Matt moved out and was being nice as pie at first hoping to win him back.  Only later did she behave like a woman scorned. 

Do you really think she'd have remained silent?

Should an employee and boss not fall in love?  S-it happens!

At any rate, why are we all still litigating this HOW MANY years after the fact?

It's like Amy's boxes of cups and clowns that never get unpacked or thrown out.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
17 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

There were incriminating pictures and notes, I don't remember but did she look at his phone or were polaroids left out on his desk😆  Pictures of what?

Again, WHEN?  They had been separated for years before Amy (giving up, probably when she finally realized there was someone else) filed for divorce.  When Matt moved out, he was done with Amy and the marriage; that much was abundantly clear to everyone, if not to Amy.  Not to mention that the marriage had been dead for years before he moved out.

I feel Amy was and is emotionally abusive - she's mostly mad that she lost her whipping boy - so I'm not going to judge him too harshly.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

There were incriminating pictures and notes, I don't remember but did she look at his phone or were polaroids left out on his desk😆  Pictures of what?

They were incriminating…According to Amy..

she’s never said that Caryn and Matt were having sex all she said was they were inappropriate communication for a married person.

when asked if it was sex she wiggles out by saying “I can’t say that”

she’s never described what the pics were or what the notes said and we don’t know when they occurred… as others have said maybe they happened after Matt was finished trying and in his mind it was OVER!

Speaking of “troll sex” Amy is the head troll with a kinky boyfriend who likes his women to act like little girls, wear costumes and dance around a pole…..preferably his. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hehe so passive aggressive and drama inducing.... ;)

Does he remember he's on camera promising Chris it wouldn't start until after the wedding? Hehe I'm sure he knows exactly.... but then I said it was a bad idea to do the wedding on the farm precisely because Matt can't resist being a double to Amy. :)

• Love 2
(edited)

Pretty sure this is just a plot twist; all will be well in the end (after much garment-rending and gnashing of teeth).  Matt wouldn't double-cross his new BFF Chris.  On second thought, maybe he's trying to help the guy out -- or it's a conspiracy between the two of them (secret phone calls) -- to turn Amy's Big Fat Formal Wedding into an elopement, quickie affair at city hall, or the Hawaiian-themed beach beer bong party Chris always dreamed of.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1