Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, seasons said:

I think Caryn is so pretty. I'm curvy like her. I love the way she puts clothes, makeup, hair, etc together. Her whole look is soft, not harsh.

I agree, I think she always looks nice and knows what looks good on her.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You can meet Matt, Amy, Jeremy or Zach....maybe even more family members for $300.00!

http://www.rolofffarms.com/private-tour

And some people have done it more than once lolol

a friend of Meri Brown from sister wives tv show has done the $300 private tour 3 times!

he said there’s no way of knowing which family members will be available so he did it 3 times to meet his favorites.

9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And some people have done it more than once lolol

a friend of Meri Brown from sister wives tv show has done the $300 private tour 3 times!

he said there’s no way of knowing which family members will be available so he did it 3 times to meet his favorites.

If I was in the area, I would consider it.  I’ve watched the show for so long.   It would be a once in a lifetime thing.  I wouldn’t do it but one time, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If I was in the area, I would consider it.  I’ve watched the show for so long.   It would be a once in a lifetime thing.  I wouldn’t do it but one time, though.

I’m not sure I would do it but it is a private tour of the property and you get to see things that aren’t on the regular pumpkin season tour and the tour is with a family member, I think he said that he met Matt on his first visit and was given a private tour with Zach... I can’t remember who he met on his other tours maybe Amy and Jeremy.

it would probably be fun to see it all 👍🏻

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Wow that tour is a nice little money maker!  I wonder how the fee is divided up?  I'm also wondering how many they average per day?  One of ten.  Also how many $300 on each tour?

Brilliant!

• Love 2

I've thought about doing it, but opted not to because you DON'T know who will do the tour.  Jer or Auj would not be worth $300 to me, unless she was giving away $500 worth of scented oils along with it.  I figure I could sell $500 worth of oil for $300 to recoup my wasted money.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

It’s a nice little money maker, imo.  I found out that fans will pay a lot of money to meet their favorites.  I will pay crazy sums only in certain circumstances.  Like, my favorite musical artists.  I paid a ticket broker in NY years ago to get me 2nd row center tickets to sold out Robert Plant and Jimmy Page at the Garden!  Very pricy, but well worth it.  Almost one thousand for 2 tickets.  Today that’s not too bad.  And, I went through same broker to get front row later for them again, as well as Rod Stewart, Elton John and The Stones. But, I wouldn’t do it as much now.  Donny and Marie had a nice meet and greet package in Vegas, before their show ended.  A friend of mine went and enjoyed it, even with hefty price.  I would imagine Roloff fans would go and pay for the private tour annually. The comments seem to compliment Zach a lot.  Seems he’s found his calling.   It sounds like a nice income producer.  Probably do a couple of tours at once...multiple tours all day....

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
On 5/13/2021 at 6:55 PM, ginger90 said:

Matt did a video, and the couple who are having a house built are still renting the “big house”.

Well, that way at least it’s income producing.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:33 AM, LucyEth said:
On 5/9/2021 at 11:49 PM, seasons said:

I think Caryn is so pretty. I'm curvy like her. I love the way she puts clothes, makeup, hair, etc together. Her whole look is soft, not harsh.

I agree, I think she always looks nice and knows what looks good on her.

I agree.  Don't like her.  Can NEVER respect her, but all of those compliments are deserved.

• Love 1
On 5/10/2021 at 2:49 AM, seasons said:

I think Caryn always looks polished even when she’s wearing casual clothing.  She’s an attractive lady IMO.

• Love 12

No wonder Caryn’s daughter is front and center in family and  vacation pictures.  Her son  has a trial June 23  originating from his  arrest for physically harassing her and his failure to go appear in court.  I guess they both broke the law because there’s a restraining order.  Pretty heart breaking as a mother I would imagine.  Matt won’t take that on in my opinion. . 

• Love 2

https://linktr.ee./alec_lace

This is a podcast called First Class Fatherhood. Matt was recently interviewed.

At 23:51 minutes, he gets into the Jacob situation. Matt says he found out two days prior to Jacob's public announcement, as did the entire family. 

Matt also says the incident was once, in 2015 and didn't take place on the farm. I actually think this is incorrect in that Jacob says in a post that he first considered going public in 2015 "several years after the incident". Also Jacob was born in 1997 and would have been 18 in 2015. I think Matt just doesn't know the details. In the fight of "who's telling the truth" - I feel like Jacob would know more than Matt and Jacob says 2015 was years later. 

Suffice to say, no one in the Roloff family had a clue or "dealt with" Jacob's situation years ago. 

The interview also has Matt insisting that he is not the Matt Roloff with a farm who got the PPE loan. No mention of Jer and Audrey's PPE loan but Matt was super insistant that he didn't get PPE money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It also addresses allegations that Caryn is a gold digger.  

I think Caryn is old enough and experienced enough to understand why people think she's a gold digger. I'll even ignore Amy's book allegations.

1. She says she was Amy's friend. But pretty much as soon as the divorce is signed off on, she begins dating her friend's ex husband. This isn't actually gold diggery, but it is the sign of a really *shitty* friend. 

2. The man she decides to date has money, isn't physically attractive, has severe health issues, and is also her long term employer. He's also recently divorced.

3. She accepts extravagant trips and vacations from him, some overseas.

4. She's intertwined her finances with his - he bought her parents home in AZ  as a cash sale, and she lives with him in that house.

5. Her income appears to derive solely from him. She continued to work for him until it became clear that people thought it was unprofessional. Now she's on his reality show. In theory she's an event planner in the age of Covid but her income appears to derive solely from Matt and the show. 

6. Like it or not, even if everything was perfectly on the up and up, deciding to date your wealthy boss as soon as he dumps the ex makes you look like a gold digger. 

Ignore Amy and Matt's shitty marriage. Look at it with no names. A long time employee begins dating her boss, her boss who has lots of money, severe health problems and who isn't terribly attractive, as soon as he is officially divorced, and is soon jetting around Belize with him and encouraging him to invest his money in a home owned by her family. I'd be wondering. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I suppose that Caryn left her employment at the farm due to her relationship with Matt. I thought it was due to making Amy uncomfortable.  I can see that.  But, she  was a valued employee according to Matt and Amy.  She’s never indicated that Matt was inappropriate as an employer.  I don’t think it’s ideal to date a friend’s ex, but  it never screamed gold digger to me.  

Matts level of attractiveness is a matter of opinion. I’ve always thought he was attractive and that he would have little trouble getting dates. Pardon the pun.  He has an outgoing personality and good sense of humor.  He can’t help his health issues, but for some people a physical disability is not a deal breaker.  No one is guaranteed good health for their entire life.  It seems that Caryn knows him well.  She seems pretty down to earth to me, as well as genuine.  

I don’t see how Matt buying a house that Caryn’s family members might have owned is improper.  They could have sold their house to anyone. I assume Caryn receives some income from her appearance on the show.  The same as others who appear. (Tori and Chris have  also been called a gold diggers. I don’t buy that either.)  

While the farm is nice, Matt lives in the double wide.  It seems nice, but not luxury.  I thought Caryn still had her own house too. Did she sell it or rent it out?  But, if Caryn is a gold digger, I hope Matt gets a prenuptial agreement to protect his interests. 

I don’t think it’s proper to date a friend’s ex, but that doesn’t mean she’s a gold digger.  I suspect that viewers that were Amy fans, would not like anyone Matt dated.  And those that saw Matt being miserable and then him being very happy, would attribute it to him being in a happy relationship.  From all I’ve seen on the show and social media, it seems Caryn is very involved with contributing to Matt’s family, similar to how she does with her own children.  I suppose they have their own impressions of Caryn.  It seems positive.  

I haven’t watched last week’s episode in its entirety yet, so I made clarify further after I do that.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11

Since I go off-and-on with watching this show and stop sometime before  the twins graduated high school and picked back up somewhat regularly after they were married, I actually only recall seeing Caryn once before Amy and Matt’s divorce.  She was in Matt’s office (in the big house) having a meeting.  I don’t know why but I told my boyfriend at the time “they’re fucking” now I had no proof and didn’t literally mean that I was just trying to be funny, but there was a chemistry between the two.  I guess he seemed happy and it was I guess so rare it stuck out to me.  Let me be clear, I have no idea if Matt and Caryn did anything before he and Amy were separated.

Anyway, my question is it seemed like Matt and Caryn were friends before they got together, was Caryn friends with Amy too or didn’t Amy really interact with her other than an employee?  I’m guess I asking because I wondered if Caryn was just an employee was Amy shocked that Caryn was the person that she allegedly found this note from? If they were friends did she see anything about how Matt and Caryn interacted before the note that gave her pause.  I didn’t read Amy’s book but my understanding is she allegedly found a note or something that led her to believe Matt was unfaithful.  Had she suspected this beforehand and if so did she suspect Caryn?  Also, was this infidelity ever alleged in Caryn’s divorce or was her  divorce long before this supposed affair?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Anyway, my question is it seemed like Matt and Caryn were friends before they got together, was Caryn friends with Amy too or didn’t Amy really interact with her other than an employee?

Caryn often insists they were friends while Amy is noncommittal.  I think they were friends in a "boss's wife/employee" way - not hanging out after work or inviting Caryn to family events but cheerful and able to have fun together while working on things at the farm. 

I’m guess I asking because I wondered if Caryn was just an employee was Amy shocked that Caryn was the person that she allegedly found this note from? If they were friends did she see anything about how Matt and Caryn interacted before the note that gave her pause.  I didn’t read Amy’s book but my understanding is she allegedly found a note or something that led her to believe Matt was unfaithful.

Amy found inappropriate texts and pictures that were also called inappropriate for a married man to send someone not his wife being sent back and forth between Matt and "the farm manager".

Because Amy is NOT quick on the uptake - I was having the "he's fucking her" thought years earlier about Matt and Caryn - I think she was shocked when she found out and I think this was around 2014-2015 - its also when she and Matt completely checked out of the marriage and parental duties. I don't think  she suspected anything like an affair until the discovery of the text messages and pictures.

Also, was this infidelity ever alleged in Caryn’s divorce or was her  divorce long before this supposed affair?  

Certainly no one has specifically said anything that blunt. What is known is that part of her divorce was that her children were restricted from visiting Roloff Farms but there was no "because she's fucking the owner!" attachment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It was one of those you could watch the interaction and see their eyes and "know."  Then it came out that Caryn had a key to Matt's office and Amy didn't.   There were too many little tells going on.  

• Love 5

The office key thing I found suspicious as well. Why does Matt need a place on the farm that his wife doesn't have access to?

I mean, ignore the affair for a moment. Matt's a man who runs a business and says he involves the wife in all decisions, but the office with all the business info is locked against her and she can only access the family business office when Matt decides she's allowed.

Plus - frankly, a locked office no one can get into except his female farm manager who he immediately embraces as a girlfriend he loves as soon as the divorce happens... Yeah, I question what a married man was doing with his "farm manager" behind a locked door. 

• Love 8

I just watched the interview AJ Bouye did with Matt for his Fatherhood podcast.  Matt talked about Jacob's abuse incident among other things.   About the farm Matt said he has no preference about who takes over the farm.  He would love if the kids came together and shared ownership of the farm and worked it together.  He wants all his kids to have a seat at the table concerning the future of the farm. 

He said he never took out a PPP loan, it was another farm who owners are also named Roloff.  He doesn't know them.

• Useful 3

Brought over from the episode thread.

Matt bought a beautiful train for taking people on tour but with Zach driving it who knows how long it will last since he’s had a couple near accidents while driving the tour vehicle.

It was sitting in the barn at Christmas time 2020, and if it isn't a replica just for looking at, there would need to be an actual track built somewhere on the farm, which has not been announced or hinted at in various social media accounts. 

Zach can't drive it if it just sits in the barn. Working trains aren't cheap, nicer replicas like what Matt has seem to be running around 10-20k.

Its nice, I don't deny that at all, but it makes no money for the farm sitting in the barn with the grandkid posing on it occasionally.

The only near accident for Zach driving the tours was on the no longer used or seen high bridge track that was really too small for the tractor and wagons to maneuver on.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Brought over from the episode thread.

It was sitting in the barn at Christmas time 2020, and if it isn't a replica just for looking at, there would need to be an actual track built somewhere on the farm, which has not been announced or hinted at in various social media accounts. 

Zach can't drive it if it just sits in the barn. Working trains aren't cheap, nicer replicas like what Matt has seem to be running around 10-20k.

Its nice, I don't deny that at all, but it makes no money for the farm sitting in the barn with the grandkid posing on it occasionally.

The only near accident for Zach driving the tours was on the no longer used or seen high bridge track that was really too small for the tractor and wagons to maneuver on.

It doesn’t need tracks it’s on wheels and Zach has had more than one close call

• Love 3

I mean yes, all trains have wheels but they do generally run on tracks, even the replicas. If it can be run without tracks, funny we haven't seen it. Mind you, it may just be a showy ornament - something you just pose at. 

Matt's had two rollover car accidents to Zach's zero. I personally wouldn't want a ride from either but Zach's also missing the DUI arrests. 

• Love 2
Just now, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean yes, all trains have wheels but they do generally run on tracks, even the replicas. If it can be run without tracks, funny we haven't seen it. Mind you, it may just be a showy ornament - something you just pose at. 

Matt's had two rollover car accidents to Zach's zero. I personally wouldn't want a ride from either but Zach's also missing the DUI arrests. 

It doesn’t need tracks, it has tires like a car!

I’ve seen videos of Matt driving it around the farm with the family onboard, he announced it will be unveiled for the public during the 2021 pumpkin season.

• Love 3
Just now, EllaWycliffe said:

I've only seen the picture on Instagram where he and Jackson are sitting in it and the wheels aren't visible. Where are you seeing it? I'd love to take a look. 

Go to that post.

When  Matt posted about the train, December 2020, he used #tracklesstrainsgoeverywhere , and #seeyouinoctober.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I've only seen the picture on Instagram where he and Jackson are sitting in it and the wheels aren't visible. Where are you seeing it? I'd love to take a look. 

I’ve seen pics and videos of it on Instagram, Zach and the kids were on it going for a ride, jer and Auj were on it for a ride, Matt had videos of himself driving it around. Try google you might find some there too.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

’ve seen pics and videos of it on Instagram, Zach and the kids were on it going for a ride, jer and Auj were on it for a ride, Matt had videos of himself driving it around. Try google you might find some there too.

I'll check their instagrams then since I haven't found anything but the one pic on Matt's. Thanks. 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'll check their instagrams then since I haven't found anything but the one pic on Matt's. Thanks. 

Matt puts the majority of his videos in his stories. They expire in 24 hours.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

One of Matt's videos was very cute he had Ember and Jackson, Matt was ringing the bell and calling "ALL ABOARD" and the kids were so excited!

I was going to show a friend of mine the video a few days later and then noticed that all the videos of the train were gone, like you said he's trying to keep it a surprise but posted a few videos when it was delivered.... he had videos of the guys unloading it from the truck and then Matt was driving it around.

They have the exact same rubber tire train at a corn maze/pumpkin patch near our home and they drive it all over the farm for tours, it's a great idea because the kids all think they're on a real train and you don't need any tracks you just pick your route and go!

• Love 3

Gotta be honest, he seemed like he'd had a little to drink in this. 

So, Matt's not an architect or a builder, so I have to question how his building models of pretend houses and barn/garages is actually pushing the project forward. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Matt has a video up about the new house plans. They are building a small scale model of the house, and a barn/garage.

we had a model when we built our "empty nest" dream home, we'd never done it before when we built our other homes and it was amazing to have a model we could see various changes before they were made, try out different ideas including landscape designs, we also had a computer program that displayed 3D imaging but the actual model was so much nicer, we kept it and hubby has it in his home office.

I highly recommend it. 👍

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

From Matt's Facebook 

Matt Roloff 

33m  · 

Another fun and productive weekend.. played for hours with cousins Jackson and Ember, then attended a friends wedding Saturday night.. had brunch with Molly & Joel before getting back to various projects around the farm with Jacob! Whew! Now letting that Oregon rain water the pumpkin and wildflower seeds in nice and good !! Life is good! @rolofffarms @carynchandler1 @jacobroloff45 @toriroloff @zroloff07 @jeremyroloff @audreyroloff #workhardplayhard #gettingtbingsdone #enjoyingthemoment #lifegivesyoulemonsmakelemonade #livingmybestlife #hieverybody #lovelovetoYouall

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 6.56.55 PM.png

• Love 5