Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Whitney and Buddy Get Serious

• Start Topic

On 3/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, TurtlePower said:
On 3/20/2019 at 9:58 PM, hoosiermom said:

Ha! Ice-T wiped Whitney’s handshake off on his pants when he was walking away from her.

Burn! Cause you never know where those hands have been. She coulda just sniffed her armpit sweat for all he knew. 

Or.....because they were covered in Cheeto dust.

Or.....most likely.....because she has cold, damp, limp hands.  "Cause she was, you know, "nerv".

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dot said:

📌 With the collusion of both Powells, Twit has declared herself a "competitive weight lifter." Let's see. Dancer. Choreographer. Motivational speaker. Surfer. Trainer. Fashion designer. Have I missed anything this woman declares herself to be?

Influencer, radio personality, hiker, biker and Jewish. 🙂

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Influencer, radio personality, hiker, biker and Jewish. 🙂

And Buddhist. (Or was it Jew-Boo that she called herself while dating Avi?)

Edited by Dot
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I came to this show a few seasons in, and I noticed that Netflix had season one, so I watched it to compare with this season and specifically this episode.  In S1 she weighed 380; now she says she weighs 350.  In S1 she acknowledges that she needs and wants to lose weight; now her focus is on her being able to do "anything" she wants to at her current weight.  In S1 she quotes her doctor (I think this was when she was in college and experienced that sudden massive weight gain) as saying "You know what?  I think you have PCOS;" in the following seasons it's a given.

She says she weighed 115 in high school.  I'm wondering if her weight gain in college resulted from living away from her parents and their control over her eating habit.  I think most young women do gain weight when they first go away to school (the dreaded "freshman 15"), and I think that's what happened to Whinny.  She tosses off that her testosterone level is "like 5000 times normal" without any evidence of lab results--I think she was extrapolating that if she has PCOS, her testosterone level would have to be really high.

Throughout the S1 eps, she mentions at least once per ep that she and Buddy have had sex.  Why is she coy now?

At the end of S1 she is devastated to learn that she is pre-diabetic.  Well, my god, what a surprise.  Have we had any updates on her blood sugar situation this season?

And we never ever see her eat a regular meal except that one earlier this season when she and Tal made dinner with those chicken breasts.  If she is diabetic, eating once a day is about the worst thing she could do with her diet.  And how could she not be diabetic?

So much is phony, and the phony stuff is the important stuff.  She is not healthy and she is not fabulous and she can not do anything she wants to regardless of her weight.

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Throughout the S1 eps, she mentions at least once per ep that she and Buddy have had sex.  Why is she coy now?

Because, when pinned down by the interviewer at the end of Season 3, Buddy specifically denied they had ever had sex? He sort of awkwardly explained that Whitney's approach to relationships was not as -- I think he used the word "conventional" as his, and so he had never had a romantic interest in her. I remember thinking he might be amused at all her lewd talk and grabby hands when they were directed to other people, but was squicked out when she tried to aim them at him. I could just imagine at the time how he'd react if Whitney attempted to smell his armpits! 

How things change when money and ratings loom larger in the mix! But nothing will make me believe Whitney was not firmly friend-zoned by Buddy years ago, regardless of what is scripted for the show.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Because, when pinned down by the interviewer at the end of Season 3, Buddy specifically denied they had ever had sex? He sort of awkwardly explained that Whitney's approach to relationships was not as -- I think he used the word "conventional" as his, and so he had never had a romantic interest in her.

Ooooh.  I'll have to find some more earlier eps.  Whinny was quite insistent in S1 that she and Buddy had Done It--like I said, virtually every ep that first year she was asserting it--but I didn't get to see any of Buddy's reaction to this.  It's hard to imagine her even now as a love object; her annoying screeches and over-the-top physical reactions are off-putting just to watch on tv.  Holy shit--did she have sex with Lennie or with anyone since she got so fat?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

At the end of S1 she is devastated to learn that she is pre-diabetic.  Well, my god, what a surprise.  Have we had any updates on her blood sugar situation this season?

You cracked me up!  I found out I was pre-diabetic and changed my life.  People think it's all about sugar but it's not.  I don't like candy, donuts, pancakes etc.  I had to stay away from pasta and potatoes and my favorite veggies - peas and carrots.  She eats fast food all the time.  I haven't had fast food in years.  Not because of my sugar thing but because it grossed me out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

It's hard to imagine her even now as a love object; her annoying screeches and over-the-top physical reactions are off-putting just to watch on tv.  Holy shit--did she have sex with Lennie or with anyone since she got so fat?

I think the Egyptian woman -- Something Louis -- said Avi thought American women were too loud. No doubt he heard lots of Twit's screeching & braying while they were dating. And, in addition to Lennie, she claimed she was in an intimate relationship with Avi. Remember his beautiful penis?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 3/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, Irate Panda said:

If you are trying to hook up with a thirty-something year old man-child with a criminal record, substance abuse issues, anger problems, who has no discernible skills or job,

I beg your pardon.  
How can you denigrate the need for pizza delivery drivers?  My favorite TLC show, My 600 Lb Life, would cease to exist without pizza delivery.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

I beg your pardon.  
How can you denigrate the need for pizza delivery drivers?  My favorite TLC show, My 600 Lb Life, would cease to exist without pizza delivery.

I know you’re  joking and God knows I couldn’t live without the pizza delivery man!  Honestly though, if Buddy was actually hustling out there delivering pizzas, while maybe not the most glamorous job, I’d give him credit.  By hustling I mean working at least two delivery jobs, but he’s not doing anything but this show that I know.  Sadly from the looks of it he just phones that in.  Now I have no idea what he makes on this show, but let’s say it’s enough to live on and even if it’s not he seemingly has no problem being a freeloader.  Anyway, the taping for him is probably fairly abbreviated why doesn’t he learn a trade or go to the community college.  The cost is fairly reasonable and would provide him with some structure, which he needs.  If he already went to college, he should take some refresher courses.  The laziness of some of the people on this show is just astounding to me.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 5
On 3/25/2019 at 11:10 AM, Ketzel said:

Because, when pinned down by the interviewer at the end of Season 3, Buddy specifically denied they had ever had sex? He sort of awkwardly explained that Whitney's approach to relationships was not as -- I think he used the word "conventional" as his, and so he had never had a romantic interest in her. I remember thinking he might be amused at all her lewd talk and grabby hands when they were directed to other people, but was squicked out when she tried to aim them at him. I could just imagine at the time how he'd react if Whitney attempted to smell his armpits! 

How things change when money and ratings loom larger in the mix! But nothing will make me believe Whitney was not firmly friend-zoned by Buddy years ago, regardless of what is scripted for the show.

I completely agree with this.  It’s not as if Buddy isn’t very open about how much he’s into a woman on the show.  For at least three episodes he was gushing over his girlfriend and how much he loved her, how beautiful she was, etc.  All I’m seeing is the “he’s not into you” vibe when it comes to Whitney.   

• Love 5
On 3/18/2019 at 3:08 PM, Sasha888 said:

'm also glad I don't have to write the descriptions for these episodes..."biggest event of her career?" Quite the work of fiction, I must say! First she'd have to HAVE a career. A fake dance class that barely 6 people will show up for (even if they are promised "You'll get to be on TV!") is hardly a career.

It would be fun to have honest descriptions on the U-verse guide, rather than those from TLC.

• Love 3

Watching a repeat of this ep

*Twit doesn’t think she has disordered eating ??!!  She weighs 400 lbs !!!!!!!

ohhh right , it’s the PCOS and her spandex pants are definitely looser !!! 

*Buddy doing stand up ? He’s got the personality of a door , never heard him say one funny or clever thing in 6 seasons.  At least Todd delivers some snark 

Edited by DNR
More thoughts on these fools
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, CousinOliver said:

Do we know that Whitney’s friends are paid?  Jazz’s friend Noelle has confirmed that she was not paid for her appearances.  

Would YOU hang out with Twit without being paid?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CousinOliver said:

I surely wouldn’t hang out with Jazz without being paid.  Handsomely.  

I've watched less than 10 minutes of that series. That's the bitchiest child I've ever seen in my life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 3/29/2019 at 5:46 PM, CousinOliver said:

Do we know that Whitney’s friends are paid?  Jazz’s friend Noelle has confirmed that she was not paid for her appearances.  

I don’t watch the Jazz show, but is Noelle a big part of the storylines?  At this point, about 50% of the show revolves around Buddy,  15% is Todd’s snark or vying for control of the mega empire called BGDC, 15% is Tal telling Whitney how great she is, 5% is the random bodily fluid shown that the audience tries to identify before the episode ends, 5% is her parents’ medical appointments or health updates, 5% is Heather talking about Buddy, 2% is the pets trying to figure out which one of them has to take one for team and interact with Whitney for the day, 2% is Whitney trying to smell a friend’s armpit, and the last 1% is when part-time player(Hunter, Will, Mattie, etc)  shows up for screen time/free advertising.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Maybe Whitney could join Sister Wives as Kody’s new bride.  I’d watch that.  I didnt watch this episode yet.  Im not even sure I’ll be able to get through it.   For anyone that watched is Heather supposed to be “happy” about Whitney and Buddy’s “attraction”/“flirtation”/ nonsense?  If she is does she explain how it’s not a betrayal of their friendship?

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe Whitney could join Sister Wives as Kody’s new bride.  I’d watch that.  I didnt watch this episode yet.  Im not even sure I’ll be able to get through it.   For anyone that watched is Heather supposed to be “happy” about Whitney and Buddy’s “attraction”/“flirtation”/ nonsense?  If she is does she explain how it’s not a betrayal of their friendship?

$. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/31/2019 at 11:08 PM, Irate Panda said:

I don’t watch the Jazz show, but is Noelle a big part of the storylines?  At this point, about 50% of the show revolves around Buddy,  15% is Todd’s snark or vying for control of the mega empire called BGDC, 15% is Tal telling Whitney how great she is, 5% is the random bodily fluid shown that the audience tries to identify before the episode ends, 5% is her parents’ medical appointments or health updates, 5% is Heather talking about Buddy, 2% is the pets trying to figure out which one of them has to take one for team and interact with Whitney for the day, 2% is Whitney trying to smell a friend’s armpit, and the last 1% is when part-time player(Hunter, Will, Mattie, etc)  shows up for screen time/free advertising.

I don’t watch the Jazz show either, but I do follow the PTV discussions (usually to find out what all the dramatic commercials were about.  Answer: nothing, nothing at all).  

But, the regulars over there seemed shocked that Noelle wasn’t compensated, so certainly she was heavily involved in at least a few episodes. 

I know this board brings out the Whitney hate, but other than Todd, her friends seem to like her.  I get that.   There are people I wouldn’t hang out with for love or money, but those people have friends.   Most people won’t talk money about reality TV, but from what does come out, it’s a low paying gig that only pays the main participant (or the main family as a whole).   It wouldn’t surprise me if Whitney’s friends do it because they like being low level celebrities, they like the travel perks (I do believe TLC paid for Alaska and Hawaii, although I have no proof of this), etc.   And I think Todd is hoping someone notices his dancing talent and it turns into $$, so he keeps turning up (thankfully).   

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/31/2019 at 10:08 PM, Irate Panda said:

2% is the pets trying to figure out which one of them has to take one for team and interact with Whitney for the day

😂😂😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe Whitney could join Sister Wives as Kody’s new bride.  I’d watch that.  

Would that make her a Bu-Jew-Mor? (And yes, I realize that the FLDS is not affiliated with the Mormons, aka LDS). 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4