Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Whitney and Buddy Get Serious

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She is ecstatic if all her barnacles are single to give her the most attention possible, that is why Chelsea or Tals boyfriend are not a good match.. 

I'm mean she is kind of at the age where a lot of people she knows are married or in serious relationships, being single and having not been in a healthy relationship ever or in a very long time has to feel like a lot of pressure on her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I am trying to figure out what she did for 90 minutes per session!

My guess is she blathered on and on to people who are deaf, blind, in wheelchairs, etc, about how terribly difficult it is to be a fat chick for at least 30 of those minutes. Probably more.

I noticed she told them her body limits her. What happened to "I can do anything"???? (Except, as one wise poster pointed out last week, wear a size 10 dress!)

Is your morbid obesity limiting you, or not, Twit? Make up your mind. She blows whichever way the wind is blowing. If she is talking to the very fit Jessica, she too can do anything. If she's talking to people with disabilities, she is disabled as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

I respectfully disagree!  I think Twit's parents are SO DESPERATE for her to find a man, she could show up with a pudding cup, and as long as it had a pulse, it'd be an unofficial Thore.

My thoughts on why Heather is so "cool" with Bud and Whit?  He expressed to her (while they were dating) how repugnant he found her.  Now that he has absolutely nothing, giving Whit the old pickle tickle isn't as bad as going back to living at home with mom and dad.  

I agree that they are desperate for her to get some kind of life, including a man who can take care of her when they are gone, but I think that even as desperate as they are, they aren’t stupid. They have known Buddy a long time. They know he’s a loser and that he won’t be able to care for Whitney or have any kind of healthy relationship with her. I think any ‘gee go out with Buddy’ they are portraying is because it’s in the script. I think a much more realistic portrayal of their feelings about him are from when Babs had her talking head and with a violent eye roll she said ‘Buddy, Buddy, Buddy... its always Buddy’. 

• Love 7

I haven't seen the ep yet, but have a few comments anyway.

Several of you guess that Buddy may be a "friend with benefits" with Twit. The only benefits are the TLC checks he's gotten for 6 seasons & he sure likes those since he's made no effort to get another job.

The Summit promoters apparently liked Twit -- or the promotion of their program by MBFFL -- enuf to invite her back to the July 2019 event at Lake Tahoe, according to her IG page.

I am quite surprised there was no Skinny since that's been a feature from the beginning. But, come to think of it, what was there in. S-6 to chat about? Basically, nothing happened that hasn't happened in an earlier season.

No Skinny explains the mystery of how Buddy could be on a road trip during the period when the rest of The Gang, incl. parents & Ryan, were in LA. But now the mystery is: why were they in LA if not for a Skinny episode?  Or was that episode filmed & it was so boring, PMG (prod co) shucked it? (Inquring minds want to know.)

Edited by Dot
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Dot said:

I am quite surprised there was no Skinny since that's been a feature from the beginning. But, come to think of it, what was there in. S-6 to chat about? Basically, nothing happened that hasn't happened in an earlier season.

It looked like there will a Skinny next week, at least that's what I thought from some previews they showed.

You're right though, there is nothing to talk about. Looks like they might be playing some kind of game on the Skinny...something to fill time, I suppose, since there is diddly squat to talk about.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

This took place in Season 3, Episode 10, Part 1 of The Skinny, which aired on August 10, 2016.

Shaun Robinson attempts clear up "once and for all" the question of whether Buddy ever was, was presently, or ever would be enamored of Whitney.  He stands strong in the face of her death glare and denied all three.  I've looked at various times, but never found an isolated clip.

Thank you @Ketzel !!

• Love 2

What I need Whitney to ask herself is, are any of Buddy's friends/family saying he should date her??

She also needs to consider how suckass her crew must think she is if the best they think she can do is minimally employed, mumble mouthed cokehead that mooches off of her any chance he gets.  

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, linthia said:

Did Whitney ever mention what happened to the stray cat she took in last season? They show Henchi and Wanda all the time, but not the orange one. I forget what she named him.

It's Steve Purrwin & I've had the same question, along with what happened to Donna?

We don't see much of Oliver Twist either. I wonder if he's still around, too.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dot said:

I haven't seen the ep yet, but have a few comments anyway.

Several of you guess that Buddy may be a "friend with benefits" with Twit. The only benefits are the TLC checks he's gotten for 6 seasons & he sure likes those since he's made no effort to get another job.

The Summit promoters apparently liked Twit -- or the promotion of their program by MBFFL -- enuf to invite her back to the July 2019 event at Lake Tahoe, according to her IG page.

I am quite surprised there was no Skinny (*) since that's been a feature from the beginning. But, come to think of it, what was there in. S-6 to chat about? Basically, nothing happened that hasn't happened in an earlier season.

No Skinny explains the mystery of how Buddy could be on a road trip during the period when the rest of The Gang, incl. parents & Ryan, were in LA. But now the mystery is: why were they in LA if not for a Skinny episode?  Or was that episode filmed & it was so boring, PMG (prod co) shucked it? (Inquring minds want to know.)

ETA:  * Having seen the preview for the next episode, I realize there will be a Skinny.

• Love 1

Show or no show, Whit is just so insanely jealous of anyone having a nice normal relationship, and I think this even includes mom & dad.  I think the Boo Bear romance is nothing more than a desperate attempt at a plot that will have us waiting breathlessly for next season.  Buddy needs the TLC paycheck and probably gets paid more based on his on-air time, so he's playing whatever his meal ticket wants up to the hilt.  Whit is probably set for life financially because dad is her safety net and I'm sure he's made sure she'll always taken care of.  So if Buddy is nice and strokes her giant ego (and other giant things) I guess he'll be fine too.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

I respectfully disagree!  I think Twit's parents are SO DESPERATE for her to find a man, she could show up with a pudding cup, and as long as it had a pulse, it'd be an unofficial Thore.

LOL!!!

7 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

My guess is she blathered on and on to people who are deaf, blind, in wheelchairs, etc, about how terribly difficult it is to be a fat chick for at least 30 of those minutes. Probably more.

Ab-so-freaking-lutely, guar-an-teed.

And yes, also, to her talk being at least 30 minutes.  This was the rare dance class where it's appropriate that all she did was stay in place, shake, and wave her hands, like she usually does.

7 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I noticed she told them her body limits her. What happened to "I can do anything"???? (Except, as one wise poster pointed out last week, wear a size 10 dress!)

Is your morbid obesity limiting you, or not, Twit? Make up your mind. She blows whichever way the wind is blowing. If she is talking to the very fit Jessica, she too can do anything. If she's talking to people with disabilities, she is disabled as well.

Disgusting.

20 hours ago, monagatuna said:

She called out a wheelchair user who was absolutely rocking out. She was somewhat humble, she was empowering, she was having fun and sharing the spotlight. 

People deserve to move and enjoy their bodies in whatever way they feel most comfortable with. Everyone should know the joy of working up a good sweat. Whitney, in her small way, gave that to people in this episode, and I wish we could see more of this.

Begrudgingly, yes, I have to agree that she has a way of energizing certain people and providing something they need.

15 hours ago, silverspoons said:

She has been complaining for a few months about having to do this big no barriers thing and all the work it will take. 

So, so, so busy...and yet she didn't even finish the choreography until just before the event!

15 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I assume part of the work she was suppose to do ahead of time is learn how to teach people with different abilities ? and that did not seem to happen. 

I was genuinely appalled at how she had no idea how to teach them.  And even after she told herself beforehand that she needed to explain movements to people who might not be able to see, she still didn't do it.   But really, using words to describe the motions is something she should have been doing in her regular class as well.

23 hours ago, EctoGammat said:

I’m reminded of the MadTV ‘Lowered Expectations’ skit... 😂

Love the opening little theme song of that skit.  I described it to my husband, who's never even seen it, and yet it's now become something that we reference sometimes when we talk about low expectations of something.

• Love 5
On 3/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, Monie said:

What's that saying...dress for the way you look, not for the way you wished you looked!!

Stacy & Clinton say dress for the job you want, not just the job you have.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, silverspoons said:

She has been complaining for a few months about having to do this big no barriers thing and all the work it will take. I assume part of the work she was suppose to do ahead of time is learn how to teach people with different abilities ? and that did not seem to happen.

That's what I was thinking, and I'm sure there's a lot available.  It's disrespectful to attendees when the teacher hasn't done her homework.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Stacy & Clinton say dress for the job you want, not just the job you have.

No, Stacy and Clinton always said "dress for the BODY you have..." in other words, don't put off buying clothes "until I lose this weight...."

• Love 4
On 3/19/2019 at 9:07 PM, EctoGammat said:

I’m reminded of the MadTV ‘Lowered Expectations’ skit... 😂

I was just getting ready to post this!  I can hear the music..."Lowered expectationnnnns"  LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

LOL!!!

Ab-so-freaking-lutely, guar-an-teed.

And yes, also, to her talk being at least 30 minutes.  This was the rare dance class where it's appropriate that all she did was stay in place, shake, and wave her hands, like she usually does.

Disgusting.

Begrudgingly, yes, I have to agree that she has a way of energizing certain people and providing something they need.

So, so, so busy...and yet she didn't even finish the choreography until just before the event!

I was genuinely appalled at how she had no idea how to teach them.  And even after she told herself beforehand that she needed to explain movements to people who might not be able to see, she still didn't do it.   But really, using words to describe the motions is something she should have been doing in her regular class as well.

Love the opening little theme song of that skit.  I described it to my husband, who's never even seen it, and yet it's now become something that we reference sometimes when we talk about low expectations of something.

There's a bunch of the "Lowered Expectations" skits on You Tube.  Here's one in case people want a point of reference:

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Ha! Ice-T wiped Whitney’s handshake off on his pants when he was walking away from her.

Burn! Cause you never know where those hands have been. She coulda just sniffed her armpit sweat for all he knew. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Teaching a dance class to a group of people who need different accommodations is no joke, especially in a situation where you don't know in advance what accommodations you will have to provide. As far as I can tell from what was on screen, Whitney didn't do much of anything to prepare for a somewhat daunting challenge, other than practice her twerking and whining to her father. 

An actual professional teacher of dance would, at the very least, try to collect as much information as possible from the sponsors about who she could expect would attend the class. Then, if she anticipates teaching students in wheelchairs, for example, and she has no experience with that at all, a good teacher would research. Was Whitney aware that there is an entire community of wheelchairs dancers who perform and compete? Did it occur to her to get in touch with them and discuss the complications and the opportunities that having dancers in wheelchairs present to a choreographer? I expect she'd need a custom size to experience what it's like to be in a wheelchair herself, but maybe she could have rented one for Todd, and tried out her choreography on him,  to get a better sense of the experience? 

Blind dancers? Hearing impaired or Deaf dancers? Lots of those performers and teachers out there, too. Or how about putting on a blind fold, Whitney, or ear plugs, and have Todd give you instructions to learn what it feels like to dance without sight or hearing, and what kind of information you need from the teacher to follow the choreography? Are you aware that loss of sight or loss of hearing can affect balance?

Even one episode of Whitney actually trying to prepare for these classes would have been really fascinating, but I have a feeling doing this much intense work on her "dancing" would never have occurred to her. She's the only "dance professional" I have ever seen admit that she doesn't take any classes herself anymore -- and then try to remedy that by bringing in the Twerk King to focus on the one part of her body she is most proud of.

The only barriers Whitney faces in her life are self-imposed. And people all around her have been offering her the opportunity to make positive change in her situation for YEARS! For her to be associating herself with those who have no other option than to make the most of their lives in unalterable circumstances would be comical, if it weren't so totally infuriating.

Oh my dear - this would all be so fabulous. But you forgot one simple thing......

Whitney is a lazy bitch.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Thanks, @readheaded, for providing the "Lower Expectations" clip. I was unaware of this, so it was good to be able to understand the reference. 😊

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Oh my dear - this would all be so fabulous. But you forgot one simple thing......

Whitney is a lazy bitch.

Well, I did subtly allude to that point when I said, "Even one episode of Whitney actually trying to prepare for these classes would have been really fascinating, but I have a feeling doing this much intense work on her "dancing" would never have occurred to her."

Too subtle, huh? 🙂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Well, I did subtly allude to that point when I said, "Even one episode of Whitney actually trying to prepare for these classes would have been really fascinating, but I have a feeling doing this much intense work on her "dancing" would never have occurred to her."

Too subtle, huh? 🙂

That actually brings up an interesting nuance to ponder. You pointed out that it never would have occurred to her. I said she was lazy. I wonder which was the predominant trait in this situation. Did any of those terrific ideas you posted even occur to her? Does she have enough awareness to even know to look or research? Or is she so lazy she didn’t want to bother? Does she know she could make the experience better and more useful but doesn’t want to bother? 

When dealing with a lazy, narcissistic moron it’s hard to know the driving force of a particular action. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Teaching a dance class to a group of people who need different accommodations is no joke, especially in a situation where you don't know in advance what accommodations you will have to provide. As far as I can tell from what was on screen, Whitney didn't do much of anything to prepare for a somewhat daunting challenge, other than practice her twerking and whining to her father. 

An actual professional teacher of dance would, at the very least, try to collect as much information as possible from the sponsors about who she could expect would attend the class. Then, if she anticipates teaching students in wheelchairs, for example, and she has no experience with that at all, a good teacher would research. Was Whitney aware that there is an entire community of wheelchairs dancers who perform and compete? Did it occur to her to get in touch with them and discuss the complications and the opportunities that having dancers in wheelchairs present to a choreographer? I expect she'd need a custom size to experience what it's like to be in a wheelchair herself, but maybe she could have rented one for Todd, and tried out her choreography on him,  to get a better sense of the experience? 

Blind dancers? Hearing impaired or Deaf dancers? Lots of those performers and teachers out there, too. Or how about putting on a blind fold, Whitney, or ear plugs, and have Todd give you instructions to learn what it feels like to dance without sight or hearing, and what kind of information you need from the teacher to follow the choreography? Are you aware that loss of sight or loss of hearing can affect balance?

Even one episode of Whitney actually trying to prepare for these classes would have been really fascinating, but I have a feeling doing this much intense work on her "dancing" would never have occurred to her. She's the only "dance professional" I have ever seen admit that she doesn't take any classes herself anymore -- and then try to remedy that by bringing in the Twerk King to focus on the one part of her body she is most proud of.

The only barriers Whitney faces in her life are self-imposed. And people all around her have been offering her the opportunity to make positive change in her situation for YEARS! For her to be associating herself with those who have no other option than to make the most of their lives in unalterable circumstances would be comical, if it weren't so totally infuriating.

THIS 1000 times!  I wish that the Whit's SM sycophants could understand that THIS is why we hate her.  It's not because she's fat, anymore than it's because she's female, brunette, taxpayer, homeowner, or pet owner (I won't say dancer because, well, I just can't).  We hate her because of the CHOICES she makes about what she says and does, as well as its impact on others.

• Love 13
On 3/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, Sasha888 said:

If I had been there, (I am physically disabled - walk on crutches due to a birth defect), and she had talked about how terribly difficult it was to be fat, I would have been totally insulted, and gotten up and walked out. She can change her situation, truly disabled people can't suddenly not be disabled. But I could see her comparing herself to truly disabled people. 

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Even one episode of Whitney actually trying to prepare for these classes would have been really fascinating, but I have a feeling doing this much intense work on her "dancing" would never have occurred to her.

Yes to your entire post! I would have loved to see an episode devoted to Whitney researching and practicing different teaching techniques, and consulting actual professionals in this field. It would have brought back some actual "learning" to TLC.

And that in a nutshell is what frustrates me so much about this show - the wasted potential. I could put up with a lot of her childish drama and inappropriate behavior if it was balanced by a focused professional ambition. BGDC is actually a really good idea, and (don't hit me) I think Whitney has the capacity to be a fun engaging teacher. So it pisses me off that she's not willing to put in the work and make this class a reality. It has franchise potential written all over it! And a lot of her side projects (like the No Barriers event) offer a real opportunity for her to show people from all walks of life how accessible and enjoyable dancing can be. So much money, attention, and publicity wasted on such a lazy person. It's depressing. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

If I had been there, (I am physically disabled - walk on crutches due to a birth defect), and she had talked about how terribly difficult it was to be fat, I would have been totally insulted, and gotten up and walked out. She can change her situation, truly disabled people can't suddenly not be disabled. But I could see her comparing herself to truly disabled people. 

I wish I could give you 1000 likes!   However I would have hoped you would have bitch slapped Whitney a couple of times with your crutch before you left

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 3/20/2019 at 10:15 AM, Ketzel said:

Oh no! I am SURE next season will be absolutely riveting!! Todd is going to lead a Big Boys Dance Class! Buddy and Whitney are going to "date." Heather is going to be the most supportive bestie ever, and will counsel Whitney on her relationship with Buddy on a regular basis! Ashley's baby Harper will grow to be even more adorable, and Whitney will be snarling behind the scenes to the producers to "keep that kid off the air -- I'M THE STAR, do you hear me?" Whitney will move to Charlotte and wacky hijinks will occur when Ryan makes his debut and they put together their stellar on-line exercise program! There will be a trip somewhere to do something that Whitney never thought she could do, then did, then was proud of herself! Whitney will  attempt to bench her own weight and will succeed, with Jessica and Will off camera holding up each end of the bar! Babs and Glenn will plan a get-away alone together in a romantic resort. When a worried Whitney hears they are not going to take her with them, she arranges to rent the room next to theirs and "surprise" them. She stays up all night, afraid that any noise she hears might be her parents having sex, then spends the next day asking Babs intrusive questions and shrieking with horror when Babs actually answers her!

There is so much potential!

Don't forget the love triangle between Whit, Ryan and Buddy. Who will she choose...her new and sexy business partner or her old pal Buddy...the suspense!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2019 at 12:02 AM, Dot said:

Buddy apparently thinks he done good as this appeared on his IG page this eve.

This is why Buddy pisses me off...he is lazy and seems to think being a comedian is easy cash for someone in his situation. My good friends cousin is a fairly successful comedian (he has been on TV and won several comedy awards) and he usually advises his family and friends against doing it. It is a career full of heartbreak and he works damned hard to keep the gigs coming. He constantly tests material and keeps up on current events and is a very bright and witty guy. It also consists of a lot of late nights and travel and many of guys he works with have substance abuse issues. The fact that some obese recovering coke head thinks he was just waltz onto the circuit and be successful while pushing 40 is insane.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Ha! Ice-T wiped Whitney’s handshake off on his pants when he was walking away from her.

Whew!  His show can stay on my DVR schedule

1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Don't forget the love triangle between Whit, Ryan and Buddy. Who will she choose...her new and sexy business partner or her old pal Buddy...the suspense!

In an ideal world, Ryan and Buddy would discover each other, and walk off into the sunset together, leaving Whit sputtering.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

You hit the nail on the head!! That is exactly why I started watching this show. I had such high hopes of watching this woman work hard, lose weight and go on to do all the exciting/fun things a person of her age should/could do. But instead we have watched the exact opposite, in all ways. She has disappointed in all ways and is just not an enjoyable person to watch.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

You hit the nail on the head!! That is exactly why I started watching this show. I had such high hopes of watching this woman work hard, lose weight and go on to do all the exciting/fun things a person of her age should/could do. But instead we have watched the exact opposite, in all ways. She has disappointed in all ways and is just not an enjoyable person to watch.

I agree and think she would be far more inspirational if she worked hard, lost some weight, and lived her best life as a moderately overweight woman.  I wouldn't buy her at a size 2, but if she lost enough weight not to be morbidly obese, then she'd be able not only to do more physically, but it would take away the need to prove that she's just fine at that weight, which would actually free her up to do other things that might be important to her.  I've struggled with my weight my whole life and I understand that it truly is a struggle for some of us, but at some point by not dealing with the issue and pretending all's well, she actually reinforces that all isn't well and she really isn't in the good head space she claims she is.  

• Love 12

Whitney: “before we left Heather was going on and on about how she’s over Buddy because he’s such a train wreck and unreliable and overbearing.  I think she was subliminally telling me I should date him”

Idiot.

• LOL 13
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I agree and think she would be far more inspirational if she worked hard, lost some weight, and lived her best life as a moderately overweight woman.  I wouldn't buy her at a size 2, but if she lost enough weight not to be morbidly obese, then she'd be able not only to do more physically, but it would take away the need to prove that she's just fine at that weight, which would actually free her up to do other things that might be important to her.  I've struggled with my weight my whole life and I understand that it truly is a struggle for some of us, but at some point by not dealing with the issue and pretending all's well, she actually reinforces that all isn't well and she really isn't in the good head space she claims she is.  

Yep! Her "look at me", over-the-top antics are those of a person desperate to appear as if she's happy and confident. 

One day, when this show ends, she's going to disappear and no one is going to pay attention to her, not in a positive way. She doesn't seem to have it in her to organize an actual, professional platform for herself--she relies on production and even then, it's a mockery. In the real world, she won't be able to shriek, bellow, glacier-lick and fake her way through life. 

• Love 8

Beautiful post, @Ketzel. I’ve noted before that I was a latecomer to the show, only tuning in after the producers decided to make the show fat-person minstrelsy, so I was surprised when I recently watched the premiere episode and saw that the original premise was basically what you described. Whitney says explicitly that her size hinders her and she needs to lose weight and get healthy, but that she’s not going to hate herself in the process. That’s a great message! For all of us! 

Unfortunately at some point she gave up. Or, perhaps more likely knowing our Whit, maybe she never she never meant it at all and she was simply reciting the lines as given. At any rate, here we are. What a waste. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think we all started watching the show for the same reasons.  For me personally, I thought that by watching this show I would get inspiration to keep active, eat right while still having fun (Mr. Warrior and I love our wines, bourbons and cooking all types of foods).  What I got was none of that.  What TLC needs to provide is something just like that, because I know I’m not alone, and at my age (50s), I want to be healthier and more active and I could use the inspiration.  I have gone back and forth between a size 4 and a size 18 my entire life because of fad diets and procedures and there really just isn’t anything on TV to show you just how to live a reasonable life where you can be fit and still enjoy your meals and activities.  Who/what network wants to take this on?

Here is the problem I see.  Twit sees herself as having a disability and the show is now starting to skew itself in that direction, rather than the way we all originally thought it would be.  The reason?  It sells better.  Think about it.  If Twit had lost weight during the run of this show and normalized herself, she would have worked herself right out of a job.  She doesn’t have the personality or the work ethic to be a life coach or role model to anyone.  We don’t all hate her or get disgusted by her because she is fat.  We hate and cringe at her because she pees in hot tubs and orders her friends and family around like she is some sort of monarch.  Who can get on board with that?  I just wish the network would pull the plug already on this dumpster fire that’s is so decidedly uninspirational.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Beautiful post, @Ketzel. I’ve noted before that I was a latecomer to the show, only tuning in after the producers decided to make the show fat-person minstrelsy . . .

Fat-person minstrelsy! 😁 If I'm ever in the lightening round of a quiz show & asked to describe MBFFL in 2 words, that's what I'm using!

Edited by Dot
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Whitney: “before we left Heather was going on and on about how she’s over Buddy because he’s such a train wreck and unreliable and overbearing.  I think she was subliminally telling me I should date him”

Idiot.

[sarcastifont] Well, personally, I don't know any better way of cherishing my bestest friends than by subliminally manipulating them into dating my loser ex-boyfriends! What a good friend, that Heather!" [/sarcastifont]

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Random thoughts
📌 With the collusion of both Powells, Twit has declared herself a "competitive weight lifter." Let's see. Dancer. Choreographer. Motivational speaker. Surfer. Trainer. Fashion designer. Have I missed anything this woman declares herself to be?
📌 And speaking of fashion designer, she's currently offering a 10% discount to new purchasers of her clothing. Sounds like things are not going so well with nbsactivebysoogie, or whatever it's called. How surprising,  with only 8 items to choose from, at exorbitant prices.
📌 "I'll never forgive myself." She says this more than "dance career."
📌 The derisive way she said she used to keep a food & exercise record indicated she thinks that was a bad thing. Many ppl, incl. me, record their daily food & exercise. Keeps us honest. The fact that she is so dismissive about this tool -- one that Will Powell demanded of her -- shows how little interest she has in losing wgt.
📌 Glenn's eating habits ruined her. Why  not Hunter?
📌 And does she assume Glenn didn't eat lunch becuz Babs didn't pack a bag lunch for him?
📌 Twit's "really proud" of Buddy for his continuing to have a stand-up comedy dream. Even tho he's made no effort whatsoever to realize that dream. (Not to mention the fact he has no talent.)
📌 Twit was supposedly stressed to the max for weeks before the Summit trying to put together 3 different routines. There was absolutely no difference in the actual performances. Same moves. Same music.
📌 And not only stressed. Also nerv.
📌 Twit can't get a man. So we have to go thru this fictional romance with Buddy as a tease for a new season. @John M once commented that it would take a combination of pulleys & ropes for Twit to have sex with a man. Even that wouldn't be enuf for Twit & Buddy.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Here is the problem I see.  Twit sees herself as having a disability and the show is now starting to skew itself in that direction, rather than the way we all originally thought it would be.  The reason?  It sells better.  Think about it.  If Twit had lost weight during the run of this show and normalized herself, she would have worked herself right out of a job.  

I don’t think she would’ve had to lose weight maintain the “credibility” of the show.

The premise of the show was to prove that it’s possible to have a “fabulous” like DESPITE being fat. 

The problem is Whitney’s life is barely functional, let alone fabulous. As it is her oy claim to fabulosity is her Fat Girl Dancing video that went viral. And the more I see of her the more I agree with those people who always said that video was completely edited to make it look like she could dance for more than 10 seconds in a row. 

• Love 6

Ratings for this episode

0.26 share (up 0.05 from last week)

#22 of Tue Top 50 cable shows

1,029,000 viewers

(Since Ice T & Twit were both viewed this week, you might be interested to know more than 4 million folks watched Law & Order: SVU last night.)

• Love 6