Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Whitney and Buddy Get Serious

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I no longer record or watch this shamshow, but I'm going to enjoy reading all your comments after it airs (trying to be part of reduction in ratings so it goes away after this season). 

Normally I have a hard time quitting a show I've been watching, but after last week I deleted this from my DVR.  (I was brutal - Jazz and This Is Us also gone!)  I just couldn't bear to watch them kiss and even more, her ruminating on the disgusting kiss before, during and after 😝  I don't care what this show says, he is not into her.  And the fact that she has to ask for it negates any possibility of it being "passionate".  Gross.

• Love 9

Now she is blaming Glen for her eating disorder? Because he only ate once a day? FFS! Keep in mind Glen was at work all day, what does she know about his habits.  Wasn't Babs at home with her all day? Did she only eat once a day too ? Another competition? This time weight lifting? Zzzzzzz

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

My god I've been surfing back and forth to Hoarders too!! I say let's just give Whitney another F for My Big Fat Fabulous Failed Life.

I'm watching Hoarders, too!

• Love 4

Referring to The Great State of Alaska as “Alaskerrrrr”, especially on TV, for The Love of Everything Holy, should get you permanently barred from ever entering it again.

Edited by kicotan
Spelling Nazi at heart
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
59 minutes ago, Monie said:

Good grief... I was thinking the same thing.  What's that saying...dress for the way you look, not for the way you wished you looked!!

I think another way of saying that is...dress for the body you have, not the one you wish you had...but I like your version just as much 

• Love 6

Wow. There is just NOTHING going on in her life. That was pathetic. Even with script writers, they can't come up with anything interesting to film! 

Twit - Buddy is not flirting with you. He just called you a pot sticker. You're doughy and soft. That is not a compliment. 

Also you had to ask him to kiss you, and even though it's in the script, he had to think about it awhile before he decided he guessed it was worth it for the paycheck. A dude with no job had to stop and think if it was worth the money. And this is his only source of income.

Yep, he's nuts about you. 🙄

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

ugh it's in the script, he had to think about it awhile before he decided he guessed it was worth it for the paycheck.

And he was the first to pull away.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Random thoughts: Ice-T looks like he gave no fucks about Whitball. I loved that he quickly shook her hand and got out of dodge.

I would like to think that Whit learned something once she was asked for clarity by the vision-imparted young woman but I know better. Production worked hard to get folks to show up for the last class.

So much for Whit being concerned about Buddy and his sobriety...she clearly was just jealous of Chelsea. Hey, let's trap him with a kiss just before he even considered a life away from her. By the look on Buddy's face he was not that into it. The flashbacks to season one were quite shocking. Buddy went downhill fast. 

I laughed at the preview where Whitney is touching Buddy and he is leaning as far away from her as possible.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

Referring to The Great State of Alaska as “Alaskerrrrr”, especially on TV, for The Love of Everything Holy, should get you permanently barred from ever entering it again.

As should referring to the beautiful Aloha State as "HowAreYa."  Yes, she did.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Uuuugghh said:

Does it count as eating once if you eat more than the equivalent of three or four regular meals?

It counts as eating only once if you start when you get up and stop when you turn in for the night. 

;-D

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

So far this show has shown Buddy to be a deadbeat, unemployed, controlling, manipulative, an addict, having anger management issues, a criminal record, no real career or prospective career or talents and generally lazy and irresponsible.

So now we are supposed to be going for a love plot for these two? Like, what is supposed to be his appeal to Whit & Co? That he is "nice"? Because that obviously isn't true.

• Love 23
39 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Twit - Buddy is not flirting with you. He just called you a pot sticker. You're doughy and soft. That is not a compliment. 

Doughy, soft, and full of food! Nice comeback from the aborted chicken fajita joke and awkward upspeaky observations about child prodigies, Boo Bear!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I no longer record or watch this shamshow, but I'm going to enjoy reading all your comments after it airs (trying to be part of reduction in ratings so it goes away after this season). 

I'm doing the same thing.  It helps that I can't tolerate her voice for more than 5 seconds.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

It counts as eating only once if you start when you get up and stop when you turn in for the night. 

Yes, that's more like it! 🤣

She really needs to drop that ridiculousness. No one in their right mind believes that she's morbidly obese simply because she eats once a day. It still matters how many calories she is eating. She just wants everyone to see her refusing the food her parents brought to her very lightly attended dance class, because SHE JUST CAN'T EAT, ya'll!!! She can't do it! Poor, poor Twitney.

Anyone who believes she is that huge just because she eats one reasonable meal a day probably also believes Buddy has the hots for her.

WHAT you eat matters. And we all know she is not counting her thousands of calories of Starbucks Fraps as "eating". Drinking your calories also shows up on your huge ass. Snacking all day adds up, too. Yes, even all of your apples, Twit. Because we all SO believe that the only thing you snack on is apples! 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Now she is blaming Glen for her eating disorder? Because he only ate once a day? FFS! Keep in mind Glen was at work all day, what does she know about his habits.  Wasn't Babs at home with her all day? Did she only eat once a day too ? Another competition? This time weight lifting? Zzzzzzz

She eats once a day alright.  Just like the 600 pounders say when lying to the doctor.  One 13 hour long meal, maybe.  She is full of shit as well as fat.

Just own it, girl!  You got to be obese and fabulous by consuming THOUSANDS of calories a day - via multiple meals or one loooong one.

Why is Glenn not obese if eating only one meal a day is the cause of her fabulous fatness??

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

Speaking of Glen, I thought it was pretty funny when he/Babs/Bro were arriving at the event and Glen says "ooh is that Ice-T?" 'cause he's down with it. 

And interesting that he has thought about the day ahead for Whitney and brought useful, thoughtful supplies.  Whitney brought nothing. Well she probably brought a big Starbucks at some poing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, Kid said:

Just own it, girl!  You got to be obese and fabulous by consuming THOUSANDS of calories a day - via multiple meals or one loooong one.

She says she owns being fat yet when that RV was “vandalized” with FAT BITCH, that was hateful? So then only the “bitch” part, right? She can’t keep her “beliefs” straight. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Yes, that's more like it! 🤣

She really needs to drop that ridiculousness. No one in their right mind believes that she's morbidly obese simply because she eats once a day. It still matters how many calories she is eating. She just wants everyone to see her refusing the food her parents brought to her very lightly attended dance class, because SHE JUST CAN'T EAT, ya'll!!! She can't do it! Poor, poor Twitney.

Anyone who believes she is that huge just because she eats one reasonable meal a day probably also believes Buddy has the hots for her.

WHAT you eat matters. And we all know she is not counting her thousands of calories of Starbucks Fraps as "eating". Drinking your calories also shows up on your huge ass. Snacking all day adds up, too. Yes, even all of your apples, Twit. Because we all SO believe that the only thing you snack on is apples! 🤣

Did you ever watch the TLC show "Inside Brookhaven Obesity Clinic?" It was about the Brookhaven obesity clinic in NY (this was back when TLC was still about learning...) Anyhows, I remember one of the doctors talking about a patient who ate DOZENS of oranges every day, because, you know, oranges are good for you. And the doctor commented that yes, oranges are good for you, but if you eat 50 a day, you will still gain weight. (How do you eat 50 oranges a day without (a) burning out your stomach lining or (b) giving yourself the runs? )

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Colleenna said:

Did you ever watch the TLC show "Inside Brookhaven Obesity Clinic?"

I remember watching this! I was just stunned when one patient checked himself into the clinic, seemed to want to lose weight badly...and then was kicked out for ordering a bunch of pizzas! Guess the program was harder than he expected.

Totally agree with your point...this season she's been really pushing them to show her only eating her stupid apples. Doesn't matter, if you eat enough of them!

• Love 3

The third class gave us a glimpse into why I started watching this show in the first place. She learned from the first blind person, and modified her class for future blind students. She called out a wheelchair user who was absolutely rocking out. She was somewhat humble, she was empowering, she was having fun and sharing the spotlight. She kept her idiot monologue to a minimum and let other people join in. I wish we could have more of this and less of her whinging about Buddy/not having kids/not being married/fatshaming Koreans not handing over their infants for her vanity project/"this is my worst nightmare"/"if I can do this, I can do anything" bullshit.

People deserve to move and enjoy their bodies in whatever way they feel most comfortable with. Everyone should know the joy of working up a good sweat. Whitney, in her small way, gave that to people in this episode, and I wish we could see more of this.

• Love 20

The first couple of seasons I genuinely liked Whitney and I thought buddy was hilarious and wanted them to get together. But I'm afraid her just underlying extreme narcissism has started coming to the surface the last few seasons and I can't stand her and think that is so pitiful the pathetic and obvious how obsessed she is with Buddy. I can't decide if he's into her or just doesn't want to let her down. But I can't get over her being all up in Heather's face all the time because they were besties but now that he's single again she's convinced herself that Heather's over him and actually wants them to be together. Am I the meanest person on Earth or does anybody else feel this way about her

• Love 9

The first couple of seasons I genuinely liked Whitney and I thought buddy was hilarious and wanted them to get together. But I'm afraid her just underlying extreme narcissism has started coming to the surface the last few seasons and I can't stand her and think that is so pitiful the pathetic and obvious how obsessed she is with Buddy. I can't decide if he's into her or just doesn't want to let her down. But I can't get over her being all up in Heather's face all the time because they were besties but now that he's single again she's convinced herself that Heather's over him and actually wants them to be together. Am I the meanest person on Earth or does anybody else feel this way about her.

Now I just think she is so fake and self-absorbed and self-serving and full of herself and sometimes quite mean... except when it comes to her boo bear! I wonder how much he plays into all of that when the cameras aren't around. Because if he doesn't she is really living in a fantasy world. Since she prides herself on being so open and honest and blunt then maybe they should change the name of the show to

My Big Fat Borderline Felonious Fatal Attraction For my BOOO BEARRR!!! -  aka My Bestest Buddy don't ever forget one time Booty Buddy (if you believe me, but he's never admitted it on camera) aka My Obvious Sexual Soulmate (at least that's what every person I've ever talked to on the Earth has told me), aka My Only Girl-BFF's Ex-boyfriend (EX thanks to my devious plan)..aka my Boo Bear Buddha, main character in my shrine / soon-to-be dungeon in my basement for him"

I know that's a really really long working title I think it's how she really feels on the inside. At least one little bit of it. This last episode just sent me over the edge. She kept saying over and over after every person she talked to that it was just so so weird that people keep telling her all of a sudden they need to be together. by the way I saw the conversation she always brought it up with everybody followed by them rolling their eyes or sarcastically saying we'll just get with him and shut up when she turned around

• Love 11

Is there a reason her friends and family have to travel with her every where? I wondered again this week what is Glenn thinking? She has been complaining for a few months about having to do this big no barriers thing and all the work it will take. I assume part of the work she was suppose to do ahead of time is learn how to teach people with different abilities ? and that did not seem to happen. Poor Glenn can count so I'm sure he knows how few people showed up. 

When she blamed her dad, I do not understand it at all. I only real meal I eat is dinner. I have a delayed gastric empty so my daily calories besides dinner are not normally consumed. My husband I know skips lunch every work day to come home early. This did not make either of our kids have eating disorders. In fact we eat dinner as a family, and even as teens my kids always have fruits and vegies on their plate (even if it is a pizza night). I always thought having family dinner was suppose to be positive for eating habits and social well being of your kids?

Buddy is choosing stand up as a career and Whitney is encouraging him? Should this not be a hobby for him? He needs to focus on getting a job with structure and benefits? Whitney probably thinks it is great because she will have an unemployed struggling friend to hang with her all day. Plus she wants him to live in Greensboro. I don't know the city well but I assume it is not a mecca for stand up comedy clubs? Maybe DC with his brother would be a better choice.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, SassyCurlsGurl said:

I can't decide if he's into her or just doesn't want to let her down. But I can't get over her being all up in Heather's face all the time because they were besties but now that he's single again she's convinced herself that Heather's over him and actually wants them to be together. Am I the meanest person on Earth or does anybody else feel this way about her

I think she has always had a thing for Buddy. I also think he is not interested in her romantically. He views her as a very good friend that he can lean on when his life is a mess and knows she will always be there for him. Maybe now that he's single and horny he wouldn't mind a little friends with benefits action, nothing more. 

Oh, and I'm sure Heather is "subliminally" trying to tell Whit that she thinks Whit and Buddy should get together. Keep telling yourself that, Whit.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

When Whitney asked for that kiss, Buddy almost hesitated for a moment, but when he saw that desperate look on her face, went along with it. In the TH, she said they had been friends but that suddenly it "morphed into something tingly". It was always something tingly for her but it was never more than friendship with many benefits for Buddy. It's doubtful that will ever change.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, princelina said:

Normally I have a hard time quitting a show I've been watching, but after last week I deleted this from my DVR.  (I was brutal - Jazz and This Is Us also gone!)  I just couldn't bear to watch them kiss and even more, her ruminating on the disgusting kiss before, during and after 😝  I don't care what this show says, he is not into her.  And the fact that she has to ask for it negates any possibility of it being "passionate".  Gross.

I quit recording, too and can't even hate-watch anymore. Maybe that's the sign a show is ready to die, when viewers don't even have it in them to hate-watch because the show has hit rock-bottom. 

* ETA: When is this woman going to grow the hell up? The antics she's willing to go through for this sham of a show are off the charts. From what I'm reading here, this episode was repulsive and off-putting. What's she going to do when it all ends? Waddle and shriek her way around her hometown, trying to get attention as she tries to climb some stairs or walks along a path? 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I was dry heaving when Buddy boy was massaging Twit’s stink ass feet on a park bench, and then sniffed his hand after.  

This!  This is why I deleted it from my DVR!  😱

• Love 9

I haven't watched this yet, not sure I will.  So this was the finale?  I'm sitting here trying to think of what actually happened this season and it's not much.  Lots of Buddy,  a fake 3 city tour, Alasker , and this last thing in NY that she posted on her Instagram awhile ago and we already saw, with Mommy and Daddy thrown in to give some semblance of life. I think they can pull the plug now this show is officially tapped out.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, monagatuna said:

The third class gave us a glimpse into why I started watching this show in the first place. She learned from the first blind person, and modified her class for future blind students. She called out a wheelchair user who was absolutely rocking out. She was somewhat humble, she was empowering, she was having fun and sharing the spotlight. She kept her idiot monologue to a minimum and let other people join in. I wish we could have more of this and less of her whinging about Buddy/not having kids/not being married/fatshaming Koreans not handing over their infants for her vanity project/"this is my worst nightmare"/"if I can do this, I can do anything" bullshit.

People deserve to move and enjoy their bodies in whatever way they feel most comfortable with. Everyone should know the joy of working up a good sweat. Whitney, in her small way, gave that to people in this episode, and I wish we could see more of this.

Totally and enthusiastically agree with all you say.  And I think she could even create a career for herself, giving seminars for therapists who work with people who have disabilities that they think make them unable to dance.  It would be perfect for her in that the choreography could be limited to the upper body in many cases.

I was genuinely touched by her behavior, especially in the third class, where she seemed to really get her bearings.  Instead of plopping around saying untruths about her physical abilities to do anything anyone of normal weight can do ("I can walk way more than five miles"--I'd pay money to see that), use the limits her body imposes on her to develop movements/dance for people whose bodies may limit their ability to move.

And finally we get to see what her "literal worst nightmare" consists of.  I wonder if she'll ever forgive herself.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I’m  not trying to downplay those issues, but Twit is a liar, and is self diagnosing herself. She’s led a privileged life compared to some, and I cannot think of anyone who has half their barnacle friends, and immediate family drop everything to fly out to support her cause. Is it even a cause to warble on about how awful it being a fat girl, and then proceed to shake and sweat over the stage like an epileptic seal?  I realize it’s all for the show, but it’s extremely unrealistic how doting everyone is around Twit. It feeds into her infantile behavior, and blows up her ego even more. In addition, it mocks real life heroes who face real challenges like the numerous people in attendance at No Barriers. 

Does anyone else remember the scene, several seasons back, where Will said, to us the viewers, something like "Whitney is very charming and has a lot of people around her who accommodate/are fooled by/manipulated by her" I'm paraphrasing but it was more than saying ppl enable her, there was an element of essentially saying she has these weak ppl around her and has snowed them into thinking what she says is true. It was around when he fired her or found her with the cookie? Or maybe at a weigh in. I can't remember but it stood out because no one ever calls her on her crap or are honest with her and instead seem scared and as if they have to constantly run around after her helping her. It is the most disturbing dynamic. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Julyolo said:

She sounds just like one of the patients on My 600-lb pound life. Eating only one meal a day, can tell she's lost weight because of the way her clothes fit. She is such a liar.

Well to be fair she has not said it was her mattress that was making her look big...yet.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jenny8 said:

When Whitney asked for that kiss, Buddy almost hesitated for a moment, but when he saw that desperate look on her face, went along with it. In the TH, she said they had been friends but that suddenly it "morphed into something tingly". It was always something tingly for her but it was never more than friendship with many benefits for Buddy. It's doubtful that will ever change.

Can Someone who is technologically capable find and post the clip of the follow up show where they sit with the host asking them questions and buddy clearly says he is not into Whitney? It was awkward and painful to watch but he was very clear.

He may send her mixed signals by being touchy feely with her, which is not fair, but it is only to meet some need he has and has nothing to do with wanting a genuine romantic relationship with her.

• Love 9

I think my favorite parts were the dance sessions at the symposium.  I didn't expect there to be too many people who participated, so, I was glad that she had such a good turnout.  Whitney can be oblivious to good sense at times, but, she is sensitive to people with special needs and that shined through.  I am trying to figure out what she did for 90 minutes per session! That's a long session, imo, if you are moving the entire time. I think the premise of Whitney's program is the mental aspect of it and not the physical, because, she is limited in her abilities as well as some of those in the audience. 

I had to turn the channel when Buddy got on the stage....I could not watch it.  It started off so bad, that it made me uncomfortable. I hope it got better.  I just don't want to see Buddy doing comedy.  He's got a long way to go, imo.

And, I do not believe that Whit's brother would suggest that she and Buddy get involved. He has to know that this is NOT a good idea.  Buddy is a person who has to be taken care of and at this point of his life he is not independent.  Just not a good idea at all.  Plus, I don't buy that Whit is interested in him romantically, I just don't buy it and believe that she will eventually acknowledge this.  

Did Todd grow more hair on top of his head?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

that it triggered her to pee in the hot tub

That was so gross.  I have a trio of little 3 year olds running around our family and even they learned YOU DON'T PEE IN A POOL, BATHTUB OR OTHER PLACES THAT IS NOT A TOILET.

• Love 10

Oh gawd..so this nincompoop decides that she is the right person for Boo Bear even though all season long she said he needs to be single and focus on his sobriety.  FFS girl you are 35 years old, how hard is it to say "nervous" instead of nerv ? Just goes to show what a lazy cow she is. She is ecstatic if all her barnacles are single to give her the most attention possible, that is why Chelsea or Tals boyfriend are not a good match.

I would honestly be more inspired to what a No Barriers series where each episode was a day in the life of some of the attendee's at the conference.

I guarantee there was no 90 minute dance a thon, more like 80 minutes of sludge coming from her mouth and 10 minutes of the same old boring dancing she does. 

• Love 15

Babs and Glen are good-looking people.  What happened to their progeny?  Hunter is bizarre-looking anyway, and the haircut doesn't help.  At least he managed to avoid the Bugs Bunny teeth.

What makes Buddy think he could be a performer, much less a stand-up comedian?  He isn't funny, and he isn't a show-off.  Stand-up comedians are all on their own, in the dark, with a microphone and an often-hostile audience.  Everything depends on your ability to engage, and we've seen no evidence Buddy can engage with anyone, even Whinny.  I think it's insulting to people who have put in years of working at fairly menial jobs just so they can practice their craft, who have worked for years to develop a routine, who put in the time required to learn how to do this.  Buddy seems to think that because his friends find him congenial strangers will, too, and will pay for the privilege of his company. He's as delusional as Whinny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, aliya said:

First, Buddy is a loser. If Twit thinks her parents are going to accept him as is, she's high. 

I respectfully disagree!  I think Twit's parents are SO DESPERATE for her to find a man, she could show up with a pudding cup, and as long as it had a pulse, it'd be an unofficial Thore.

My thoughts on why Heather is so "cool" with Bud and Whit?  He expressed to her (while they were dating) how repugnant he found her.  Now that he has absolutely nothing, giving Whit the old pickle tickle isn't as bad as going back to living at home with mom and dad.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LilMissKnowitall said:

Can Someone who is technologically capable find and post the clip of the follow up show where they sit with the host asking them questions and buddy clearly says he is not into Whitney? It was awkward and painful to watch but he was very clear.

This took place in Season 3, Episode 10, Part 1 of The Skinny, which aired on August 10, 2016.

Shaun Robinson attempts clear up "once and for all" the question of whether Buddy ever was, was presently, or ever would be enamored of Whitney.  He stands strong in the face of her death glare and denied all three.  I've looked at various times, but never found an isolated clip.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4