Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: The One Where Jane Visits an Old Friend

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

"The One..."  Are we going to get cameos from Rachel, Ross, and Friends?

That would be interesting, or is it some weird roleplay with the main characters filling in those roles...

"Always smiling" Madeline's "crazy super villain" employer Yelp ratings and reviews are going to suffer if she keeps killing the hired help. Who would want to work for this paranoid lunatic?

So in 6 days, she gets a little victory, then ultimately fail and then try again (cycle repeats). She is persistent, if nothing else and is reaching the "Wile E. Coyote"  level of futility. This woman needs to go on a long vacation and reassess her goals in life (super villain isn't working).

The cartel's "chief" hit man couldn't hit slow moving Zapata and Reade but the HCI executives are easy prey.

Rich's "The Queen's Midtown tunnel" joke was so wrong but funny! 

I forgot about Borden. I thought he was dead. Why would Jane think he would give a crap to help her? But he manages to get her to cry and apologize (well done sir).

When Weller smiled at the end thinking the job was done, I should have known something was up. 

Tasha must have an endless supply of fake leather pants.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

So in 6 days, she gets a little victory, then ultimately fail and then try again (cycle repeats). She is persistent, if nothing else and is reaching the "Wile E. Coyote"  level of futility. This woman needs to go on a long vacation and reassess her goals in life (super villain isn't working).

Because she keeps overcomplicating her plans and making even more problems for herself, she basically led a trail of bodies right to her in the end in this episode.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Free said:

Because she keeps overcomplicating her plans and making even more problems for herself, she basically led a trail of bodies right to her in the end in this episode.

She has ran her course and needs to leave. The show needs to find a formidable villain. They shouldn't have killed off Roman.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

She has ran her course and needs to leave. The show needs to find a formidable villain. They shouldn't have killed off Roman.

Agreed, I don't think she'll last past this season though from the looks of things.

• Love 1

First let me say that I really liked this episode for some reason. How could the assassin miss Zapata? How could Zapata spot the assassin? Do you think Zapata might have staged the assassination? 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, paigow said:

Weller and the team arrived at the hospital before the medivac chopper???? Was it arriving from Chicago??? 

I think the chopper was supposed to arrive at a specific time, rather than as fast as possible. Which is why the other pilot (J.B.) was trying to stall the team as long as possible.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Tasha must have an endless supply of fake leather pants.

Whatever the case may be, I wish I could buy her a belt. They insist on making her pants half a size too small so it looks like the button on them is about to pop right off. I have never understood the appeal of this look. She's fantastic in clothes that actually fit her, like that outfit she was wearing when the memory cards were stolen from her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

First let me say that I really liked this episode for some reason. How could the assassin miss Zapata? How could Zapata spot the assassin? Do you think Zapata might have staged the assassination? 

The writers were lazy with this execution. They didn't bother explain (Tasha has super eyesight or hearing) or go with the old trope of showing a sun glare off the rifle's scope, have "always" alert Tasha put two and two together quickly and run for cover.

1 hour ago, dwmarch said:

Whatever the case may be, I wish I could buy her a belt. They insist on making her pants half a size too small so it looks like the button on them is about to pop right off. I have never understood the appeal of this look. She's fantastic in clothes that actually fit her, like that outfit she was wearing when the memory cards were stolen from her.

Yes! At times, they look uncomfortable and real tight on her.  Is it the actress' choice what to wear or she has no say in wardrobe decisions?

• Love 1

Okay, I admit that I liked the humor in this episode. The montage of Jane befuddling one therapist after the other was great - was that all supposed to be happening on one day? Damn, I guess being FBI has its perks.

The scenes with Boden were intense. I wish the show could manage to keep those a regular feature. Convoluted or not - it was the first time in this entire season that a not-Rich-nor-Patterson scene managed to keep my attention.

I never cared for Madeline - she was always a cardboard villain and I wish they had finally gotten rid of her. But seeing that her henchman has now Jane I guess we're not there yet.

Still rooting for a Patterson-Rich spin-off with bonus Boston!

(I wonder if that turtleneck-line was an adlib, it came out of nowhere and Reade/Brown's 'what-the-hell' reaction was golden.)

• Love 1
20 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I never cared for Madeline - she was always a cardboard villain and I wish they had finally gotten rid of her. But seeing that her henchman has now Jane I guess we're not there yet.

Agreed, they dragged her character out too long.

Agreed, they dragged her character out too long

I'm also quite confused about what her whole endgame is supposed to be. It seemed to culminate with the episode where they tried to crash that Air Force One, which did not have POTUS on it. So I'm not sure what was the objective for it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

I'm also quite confused about what her whole endgame is supposed to be. It seemed to culminate with the episode where they tried to crash that Air Force One, which did not have POTUS on it. So I'm not sure what was the objective for it.

Basically the villain of the season but without the attachment to Jane that the previous villains had and to facilitate useless drama between Tasha and Reade.

• Love 1

I found this episode to be really boring.  Tired of Madeline.  Tired of Zapata trying to catch Madeline to prove she belongs back in the FBI.  Tired of Jane and her psych issues.

I thought this episode did a real disservice to mental health professionals, especially those that practice Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.  That second one, the young woman, was an absolute twit.  I'm not sure if she was supposed to be a psychiatrist (a medical doctor specializing in mental health and is able to prescribe drugs as well as do therapy) or a psychologist (a therapist, no drugs involved), but either way, no professional would be that unprepared or ditzy.

The one thing I liked was the JB character.  That actor seems very familiar in a "hey it's that guy" kind of way but I can't place where I might have seen him before.

• Love 1
On 3/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, mxc90 said:

I forgot about Borden. I thought he was dead. Why would Jane think he would give a crap to help her? But he manages to get her to cry and apologize (well done sir).

She didn't know if he would help her, but she was desperate and wasn't sure if anything else would work.  Sometimes, a long shot is your best shot and you just have to gamble.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

She didn't know if he would help her, but she was desperate and wasn't sure if anything else would work.  Sometimes, a long shot is your best shot and you just have to gamble.

After the first two clowns she went to, anybody would be a welcomed sight! 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, luvapickle said:

And no one mentioned the little comment about the room looking like a scene from Scarface....really am I that old? Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio played Tony's sister Gina in Scarface. I want Rich's game.

I've been trying all season to work in a Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves reference, so I do commend you for this.  

What's the over-under on Jane having been ZIP'ed again?  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lemur said:

I've been trying all season to work in a Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves reference, so I do commend you for this.  

Hah, I completely forgot that she was in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves".  When I think of her, the movie that instantly comes to mind is "The Abyss".  I didn't particularly like her character, but I thought it was great to see an older actress get this regular role.  There have been a number of actresses who were most prominent in the late 80s / early 90s that kind of disappeared from movies and may have popped up more regularly on TV lately.  Like Anne Archer, Bonnie Bedelia, Madeline Stowe.  I don't think any of them were ever considered A list despite an Oscar nod for some.  If they were men they probably would be considered "character actors" which I have always interpreted as "not good looking enough to be the lead and carry a movie" (people like Paul Giamatti, Michael Shannon, John C Reilly).  Although Stowe I think was the lead in a number of movies and I certainly thought she was attractive.  Good to see them still getting work.

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Jane got ZIPped again.  They need to keep going to that well because I think they don't know what else to do with her.

22 hours ago, blackwing said:

When I think of her, the movie that instantly comes to mind is "The Abyss".  I didn't particularly like her character, but I thought it was great to see an older actress get this regular role.

Mary Elizabeth Mastroantonio--Yes, she comes to mind, to me, most prominently in “The Abyss”.  A favorite line she spoke in that movie directed towards her estranged husband in the movie, Ed Harris, was “Virgil, you weiner”.  We have an ongoing joke in our house, and have for some time, to quote that line whenever it might be appropriate.  When we first saw her on “Blindspot”, my whole family said in unison, “Virgil, you weiner!”. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/29/2019 at 2:34 PM, blackwing said:

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Jane got ZIPped again.  They need to keep going to that well because I think they don't know what else to do with her.

Yeah, the writers have been struggling with Jane's character.

• Love 1

I thought Boden's take on Jane's problems was great. She needs to stop compartmentalizing and accept that Remy and Jane were/are the same person. That's some intense psycho-drama - but that's not the sort of drama the show is after. At this point Jane should transition into just another team member instead of being both a lead character AND a glorified plot device (via her tattoos). If is she returns from her abduction with yet another set of tattoos I'm out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I thought Boden's take on Jane's problems was great. She needs to stop compartmentalizing and accept that Remy and Jane were/are the same person. That's some intense psycho-drama - but that's not the sort of drama the show is after. At this point Jane should transition into just another team member instead of being both a lead character AND a glorified plot device (via her tattoos). If is she returns from her abduction with yet another set of tattoos I'm out.

Yes.  I'm so sick of her "inner conflict" about whether she is Jane or Alice or Remi or whoever.  Borden is right... they are all the same person.  And to have a show focused on her battling personalities is not what I'm here for.  I want the original premise of the show back.  This woman wakes up with tattoos on her body and the tattoos need to be decoded because they point to some crimes/incidents that are going to happen.

The best parts of this show are when Patterson and Rich are solving the tattoos and there is time pressure, escape-room style.  The worst parts are with Jane's inner conflict and the whole stupid mess with Tasha being bad and Reade angsting over her.

How are the ratings for the show this year?  I was pleasantly surprised when it got renewed for this year but thought it might have been a close call.  Is this show a bubble show again this year?

52 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

According to this list, the show's on the bubble. What TV Shows Have Been Renewed, Canceled, or Fate Still Up In The Air

Not shocked by that.

4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

In the words of Bucky Barnes, when Cap tried to give him an out, "Doesn't matter, I still did it."

Also, how the *&^% did they manage to get Jane proper security clearance?  (I know, I know, it's a tv show, not a documentary.)

• Love 1

Hmm that list just lumps the show in with "fate yet to be determined" and there's a bunch of shows on there that there just hasn't been any decision on yet.

I poked around and think a more accurate assessment might be the TV Cancellation Bear.  https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-nbc-week-26-2018-19/

"Blindspot" gets two bears which unfortunately means "likely to be cancelled".

The show has had a decent run and lasted longer than I expected but after this past episode, I am not surprised at all.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Lemur said:

Not sure about that. But they must have far more tattoos left to solve.

On 4/3/2019 at 3:07 AM, FinnishViewer said:

Considering this show has never been a ratings juggernaut, I was really surprised they had the budget to film on locations outside the US last year and this year too.

They definitely cut down on the budget so they probably had some tax incentives or filmed in some cheaper locations in some situations.