Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Trouble in Lala-land

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Raquel, slightly paraphrased: "...And Lala has verbally attacked me - when she's a hostess and I'm a patron."

Uh, you followed your boyfriend to work for free drinks at a non-chill brunch that doesn't deserve the label "brunch". You ain't paying for shit, girl. Get out of here with that "patron" bull. 

She probably ordered some 🍝 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

If you've ever been to the California DMV, you get the clerk's reaction....."I've got 500 people waiting and I haven't had lunch yet.  I don't care about YOU, your camera crew or why you want a fucking motorcycle license."

And there's something off with this.   First of all, you pass the written test for a motorcycle license and get a "permit"; to get the actual license, you have to pass a road test which is more or less proof of your ability to handle the bike (not actually on the road but a closed course).   They didn't actually show this, did they?  Also, your motorcycle license is just an endorsement to your regular driver's license, so unless Sandoval was renewing his driver's license, there was no need for him to have a photo taken.  Odd.  

I wonder if he was getting a Real ID license—Homeland Security is going to start requiring them next year. CA was kind of slow to start offering them, and they’re kind of a PITA to get, so maybe he was killing two birds with one stone.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I'm honestly really surprised to see comments ragging on James this episode. I'm with Sandavol in that I root for the underdog, and I'm with others in the opinion that even though James is a mess, each of the cast has been a mess at one time and they didn't get fired or ostracized for their abhorrent behavior. 

I root for the underdog, too, unless he's a known biter. Then he's on his own.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Why does everyone seem so angry all the time? Katie, Kristen, Lala, Billie...god damn. Everyone is just so quick to fight, insult and argue.

Lala was so proud of her J. Lo dress. I was literally counting down the minutes until she mentioned it was THE DRESS. Also, I know everyone grieves differently and in many people it comes out as anger. But someone close to her needs to take her aside and tell her she can't just go around being mean to everyone and angry at the world. If that's really the case. Might just be that she's awfully smug and using the dead dad as a reason to be a jackass, but keep up a defense so that nobody can say anything to her about it. Just like Billie does with being trans. 

I had personal tragedy in my life, as well and learned quickly that just because my trauma was mine, didn't mean it was 'worse' or more important than anyone else's. Lala seems to think her dad is the only one to ever die and nobody could possibly relate. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I wonder if he was getting a Real ID license—Homeland Security is going to start requiring them next year. CA was kind of slow to start offering them, and they’re kind of a PITA to get, so maybe he was killing two birds with one stone.

That would certainly explain it.  Because that visit doesn't make sense otherwise.  And when you think that DMVs are going to be inundated with California residents getting that Real ID in the next year and a half, it's going to be brutal on that staff.....and believe me, we already make fun of the DMV personnel as it is.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Brittany is always gorgeous.  And no Jax, $5/person for mashed potatoes is not lucrative enough margin for a move to Idaho.

Maybe I have lived in the Bay Area too long, but $300 for a mashed potato bar doesn’t seem that out of line for catering.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, SarahC said:

Why does everyone seem so angry all the time? Katie, Kristen, Lala, Billie...god damn. Everyone is just so quick to fight, insult and argue.

Lala was so proud of her J. Lo dress. I was literally counting down the minutes until she mentioned it was THE DRESS. Also, I know everyone grieves differently and in many people it comes out as anger. But someone close to her needs to take her aside and tell her she can't just go around being mean to everyone and angry at the world. If that's really the case. Might just be that she's awfully smug and using the dead dad as a reason to be a jackass, but keep up a defense so that nobody can say anything to her about it. Just like Billie does with being trans. 

I had personal tragedy in my life, as well and learned quickly that just because my trauma was mine, didn't mean it was 'worse' or more important than anyone else's. Lala seems to think her dad is the only one to ever die and nobody could possibly relate. 

I have to laugh - Lala references a Versace worn in 2000, hardly the height of fashion in 2018, even if Donatella updated it last year in a different print.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

And what about that meeting between Lisa and Kristin?  Lord, but Lisa was visibly uncomfortable with Kristin hugging her and you think the latter would have picked up on that.

And did I hear her right?  She basically TOLD Lisa she was coming to the opening of TomTom whether Lisa liked it or not?  Must've irked her when Lisa said "they have a table and they have a list - if you're on that list, you can be at their table" and let her know that if it were up to Lisa that she wouldn't be invited at all.

And after that Kristin thinks  - "Maybe Lisa does like me a little."  No.  She doesn't.  Get over it.  Move on.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I have to laugh - Lala references a Versace worn in 2000, hardly the height of fashion in 2018, even if Donatella updated it last year in a different print.  

I thought it was ironic that she told Billie to go back to Charlotte Russe... I was thinking that Lala’s dress looked like a Forever 21 version of JLo’s (even if it was the real thing, it looked like a knockoff). 

The other thing that cracked me up is that early on the episode, LVP was making jokes about the cut of Kristen’s dress... and then later, almost all the other girls were wearing dresses that were just about as low cut. I was watching S1 E2 yesterday afternoon, and LVP’s disdain for Kristen was already on display... along with a mention that Sandoval had his license suspended and Kristen used to have to drive him around. 

Edited by ivygirl
Clarity
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

The "patron" shit was pushing it a bit too far. But it doesn't negate the fact that LaLa was on the clock, and customers could hear her screaming and cussing. It really annoyed me how LVP was all, "No! LaLa doesn't behave like that." Has she ever met LaLa? Girl is not known for always being super classy and professional. 

I agree. She handled that conversation so wrong. SHE initiated it, but it was like she just wanted to scold Kristen. She was completely closed off to hearing anything Kristen had to say. I really liked Katie for a few years. I felt like when she got away from Stassi and Kristen she became a nicer person. She was so chill for awhile there. But she is back to being a raging bitch; and I definitely think being married has gone to her head. Which is funny, when you see the previews for next week - her husband is telling her he can't stand the sound of her voice!

Raquel may not have been a patron in the literal sense but as far as other patrons knew, she was.  She is not an employee of SUR while Lala was at the time.  Lisa is in La La land (no pun intended) if she thinks the person who she knew from Lala's first season was basically a party girl who was giving BJs to get on "PJs" and private yachts doesn't behave "like that."  

Speaking of the previews, I had to laugh when, after what?  7 seasons of Katie bitching at Schwartz for not working and being ambitious, she is now apparently complaining that he's not spending a lot of time with her because he's working!!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, b2H said:

Katie has severe body image issues, which could be resolved with a serious life coach effort to drop the weight (she only gained it over the last few years, it's not a life long obesity issue) and learn to love herself.  The red flags on her are waving in a hurricane force wind.  

I don’t disagree that she could benefit from help for her insecurities and temper, but if she’s “overweight” it’s in her mind. (Or James’) She’s not TV thin, or LA thin, but in real life she looks great. Yesterday while watching the aforementioned first-season episode, I actually thought she looked too thin and weirdly angular. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Exactly!  Jennifer Lopez also wore it to the Grammy Awards where it was appropriate.  Not to a job as a hostess at SUR.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, SarahC said:

I think it's self-loathing coupled with lack of self-awareness. They hate themselves so much and don't know what to do with that hatred so it makes them lash out at others.

I really enjoyed Brittany trying hard not to roll her eyes as Lala was going on and on about how she had gone through more than everyone else there. Lala and James are not that different. They both erroneously think that they feel more than other people and it's impossible for them not to explode their feelings all over everyone all the time. They are like two year olds. 

Billie is beyond obnoxious. "I have a right to judge your character as a person." What? Ok, we all judge each other but it's generally best to keep those opinions to one's self unless you want to piss people off. As horrible as Lala was acting, I have to agree with her passing back judgement on Billie after she said that. 

Lisa really distilled Sheana's situation with Adam in about two seconds. Scheana is not capable of being casual so she really needs to find someone who DOES want a relationship. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I thought it was ironic that she told Billie to go back to Charlotte Russe... I was thinking that Lala’s dress looked like a Forever 21 version of JLo’s (even if it was the real thing, it looked like a knockoff). 

There's a British manufacturer - PrettyLittleThing - that was selling a knockoff in 2017 for $53.  It would not surprise me if Lala purchased it there.  

https://hellogiggles.com/fashion/jennifer-lopez-iconic-grammys-dress/

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Again I can’t root for James pen billie. I will never root for Jakes and calling him an underdog just bothers me. Like ugh. And FI Tom isn’t anyone I would take suggestions from so rooting for James, Sorry Tom, no.

Also yes Lala flying off the handle about her father is a problem but Raquel did start talking about it.  Maybe if you aren’t friends with someone don’t talk about something like that an open arena with others. In that sense I agree with Lala that that was a stupid dumb move on Raquel’s part. And I know some people like Raquel but lately I’m starting to think she’s playing the reality TV game, i feel Like she knew if she started talking about Lala and her dad it would get her camera time. So yeah I think raquel is a lot smarter than we think by her choices but I honestly still stand by she also makes stupid choices too.

And again Lala needs to deal with her fathers death in a better way but is there a handbook on grief? If so someone pick that up for me please. And yeah I’m totally anticipating you all to quote my post and tell me I’m wrong but having never been in the situation that lala was in (been pretty close though) who knows how I would react. Raquel isn’t a sweet girl actually is what I’m coming back with after last nights episode she knows how to push buttons.

Again it’s hard to be on anyone’s side. Even sweet little Raquel.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I don’t disagree that she could benefit from help for her insecurities and temper, but if she’s “overweight” it’s in her mind. (Or James’) She’s not TV thin, or LA thin, but in real life she looks great. Yesterday while watching the aforementioned first-season episode, I actually thought she looked too thin and weirdly angular. 

She could stand to drop a few.  She's not comfortable with her body image.  Rather than scream at people about it, she'd be better off doing something about it.  She is by no means obese, but I was shocked at the change in her in the run up to her wedding.  That's a lot more than wedding jitters gain.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

There's a British manufacturer - PrettyLittleThing - that was selling a knockoff in 2017 for $53.  It would not surprise me if Lala purchased it there.  

https://hellogiggles.com/fashion/jennifer-lopez-iconic-grammys-dress/

Looking at the pictures, I think you are right. I noticed the ring at the bottom of the slit last night and remembered thinking that wasn't exactly what the original dress looked like. 

32 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Lisa really distilled Sheana's situation with Adam in about two seconds. Scheana is not capable of being casual so she really needs to find someone who DOES want a relationship. 

Exactly. Sheana wants everyone to ask her about Adam so she can be coy and act like she is 'just friends' with him. But...he's hanging out at her house making drinks for her friends when they come over? Come on now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

I don't think there is a person on this cast smart enough to think ahead like that.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I still can't even figure out what Lala has against Raquel. Raquel may not be smart and she may be blind when it comes to James but that isn't anybody's business. The girl is not mean or vicious to anybody so Lala needs to lay off! I hope when she's looking back at these episodes that are airing now she is supremely embarrassed of her behavior. 

I think it’s what others have said - wanting to kill the wholesomeness that Lala lost long ago but also I think Lala is pissed that Raquel stays with James. I think she wants James to be alone and it pisses lala and the witches off that Raquel won’t leave him. They don’t want anyone to be on his side.

55 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

And after that Kristin thinks  - "Maybe Lisa does like me a little."  No.  She doesn't.  Get over it.  Move on.  

That was nuts. How could she possibly think that meant Lisa was warming to her - what? Lisa barely held back her contempt. Kristin just showed she has literally ZERO awareness.

45 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

This. I listen to a bunch of VR podcasts and most of the hosts and guests live in LA and have met the cast a bunch. Even those who HATE Katie admit that she’s not overweight in the slightest. Most of them even say she has the best body of all the women.

17 minutes ago, b2H said:

She could stand to drop a few.  She's not comfortable with her body image.  Rather than scream at people about it, she'd be better off doing something about it.  She is by no means obese, but I was shocked at the change in her in the run up to her wedding.  That's a lot more than wedding jitters gain.

I think that’s crazy. She’s insecure because everyone keeps talking about her body, that would make anyone insecure. Women generally can’t maintain rail thin “LA physiques” past age 30 or so without seriously depriving themselves and we know that she was using Adderall and things in the earlier seasons. Her earlier look was unnatural.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

And did I hear her right?  She basically TOLD Lisa she was coming to the opening of TomTom whether Lisa liked it or not?  Must've irked her when Lisa said "they have a table and they have a list - if you're on that list, you can be at their table" and let her know that if it were up to Lisa that she wouldn't be invited at all.

Shots fired:  Kristin wants to keep be abreast of the situation.  I think Kristin needs to get something off her chest

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I have no idea what Lala's deal with Raquel is. Raquel seems fairly harmless to me. 

I seriously think that, while Lala doesn't want James and is happy to be with Rand, she liked the idea of James pining for her forever. The more serious he gets with Raquel, the less special Lala becomes. I truly think she validates herself based on men being into her. It's sad. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Maybe I have lived in the Bay Area too long, but $300 for a mashed potato bar doesn’t seem that out of line for catering.

I live in small town Iowa and I didn't think it sounded THAT crazy. They've surely spent that much alone on alcohol for one night. 

2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

It was so funny. Billie said something about "1995" in reference to the dress; and LaLa was SO quick to point out that the dress was worn by JLo in 2000. As if 5 years makes a difference, when it's been nearly TWENTY since the dress debuted. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

Sandavol and James are so weird. The day before James shaking with rage has to be removed from Tom Tom after screaming and insulting Schwartz and then James is all “I still get to come to the opening, right?” and Sandavol agrees! I realize James decided not to come but that exchange was just weird on both their parts. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, b2H said:

serious life coach effort to drop the weight (she only gained it over the last few years, it's not a life long obesity issue

Katie is not obese, not by a long shot.  She may not be WeHo thin, but she's not obese.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I'm sorry that Lala lost her father but that does not give her carte blanche to be a judgmental, screechy asshole.  Flat Iron had it dead on when he said she won't get fired for her rude, crude and out of line behavior but James surely would. 

Katie can STFU already (and I say this as someone who used to find her entertaining).  She starts in on Kristen by saying that Kristen's man is a dick; Kristen counters by saying that Katie's own man has been a dick to her, to which Katie responds with "we're talking about you" in order to change the direction of the conversation.  Listen, Katie, you started it by talking about Carter, NOT Kristen, so it isn't totally about Kristen.   Since Katie got married, her head seems to have grown about 3 dozen sizes.  Take a seat, girl. 

Brittany looked pretty when she was listening to Lala go on and on about how she's been wronged and the death of her father gives her the right to be abusive to everyone.  It will be interesting to see if she can exactly go on a Mexican jaunt with these chucklefucks and not drink.  Maybe being sober will make her realize that her "friends" are generally a bunch of dipshits.

Beau is an excellent bedazzler.  

Lisa clearly still despises Kristen.

James can be an ass but I feel for him.  Lisa has obviously been a mother figure (at least of sorts) to him and he so very much wants her approval.  Yeah, he's made mistakes (a lot of them) but don't give others repeated chances and opportunities (Jax anyone?  Schwartz?) while continuing to kick James at every turn.  At least Flat Iron seems to be trying to help him. 

Flat Iron at the DMV was gold.  The DMV employee clearly didn't give a shit why Flat Iron was getting a motorcycle license and OF COURSE Flat Iron would ask if there's hair and makeup available for his photo.  Never change, Flat Iron, never change.  

Loved how the editing monkeys made it appear that Peter apparently missed the entire Lala SUR Screechfest 2019 by, you know, doing his job.  

Lala should be fired but again, as Flat Iron pointed out, she won't be.  Lisa will probably make excuses for her while continuing to expect James to cure cancer as a means of redeeming himself.  

Lisa's never-ending loathing of Kristen will never get old. It's a power struggle between the two of them and neither is going to bend.

I'd like to think that there was no editing trickery in regards to Peter. He was genuinely trying to mise en place in peace and was totally oblivious to Lala's meltdown.

Fucking Lala...I don't even know where to start. Dollar Tree J.Lo needs to get her shit together. Grief sucks. I get it. However, grief does not give you the right to scream at people. Raquel, James, and Billie were all more composed than I would have been. Lauren is lucky she didn't catch consequences. 

She and Rand can go play with each other's assholes until he finds a younger hostess and takes Lala's Gucci slides away.

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

I think it’s what others have said - wanting to kill the wholesomeness that Lala lost long ago but also I think Lala is pissed that Raquel stays with James. I think she wants James to be alone and it pisses lala and the witches off that Raquel won’t leave him. They don’t want anyone to be on his side.

I think that's exactly right. They want James on an island. They all keep alluding to some heinous act that James committed that they can't talk about, but right now it seems like petty overreaction to a situation that Katie started.

9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I seriously think that, while Lala doesn't want James and is happy to be with Rand, she liked the idea of James pining for her forever. The more serious he gets with Raquel, the less special Lala becomes. I truly think she validates herself based on men being into her. It's sad. 

Lala wants to be the center of James's universe. She got off on knowing that she had him in her back pocket to use when she wanted. He doesn't have her on a pedestal anymore and it burns her ass to know that. I think that's why she made the "Fucking me is the greatest thing you'll ever do!" comment. Your vag isn't special, Lala. It isn't some huge accomplishment to get a leg over on you. Anyone with the money to rent a PJ could probably do it. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Katie can STFU already

Katie is such a fucking bitch.  I have jumped through hoops in my logic trying to justify her speech and behavior, and...I've got nothing.  To quote Michael Scott from The Office, "What gives you the right?"  Plus you are fucking high 24/7, girl, to the point where they need to give you subtitles, and that look sucks on you.

I don't know how meta to get here.  Lala was performing for a TV show.  But, putting the TV show aside, if the antics of an (arguably) gorgeous woman in a freaking J.Lo dress showing up at the brunch bring in more customers, not less, is Lisa still obligated to fire Lala?  I would argue that James going out back and telling Katie "you shouldn't wear those shorts," garners no new customers, but a couple of gorgeous women arguing like it's Dynasty is a different story.  If it actuallly helps the bottom line, that is an argument (not a definitive "yes" or "no") for letting Lala stay on as staff.  It depends what kind of restaurant you want to be known for.  If it's food...I would never go to SUR regardless.  If it's drama....well, that's something else entirely.  

3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I have the unpopular opinion of not liking Stassi and thinking she is not as witty as she apparently thinks she is.

This is where I always get in the most trouble, but I am less enamored with Stassi than I have been in the past and...I don't like Stassi and Beau.  I am not rooting for Stassi for the first time in a long time.  I am completely grateful to my fellow posters who have informed me that Beau has a job in "commercial casting" but I can't help but think he's underemployed when he is strategically there not only to bedazzle Stassi's Tito's Bottle, but to sit there and be a captive audience to her telephone conversation.  My husband has days when he is not working and he is not there for my petty bullshit, nor does he want to be.  If I told him I wanted to film a scene where I argued with my friend and he is just sitting there listening and giving reaction shots, he'd be like, "I...am going fishing/going to the pool/going to talk to my friend/ going to stick a spear in my eye rather than eavesdrop on your girl talk.  Tell me when you regain your sanity."  Unless he wanted to get on the show, that is.  Even if Beau's work is intermittent, does he have nothing better to do than hang out on Stassi's couch week in and week out?  My husband thinks this is a guy who is way too eager to get on this show.  Why the fuck does he have TH's?  I just wonder what the odds are that Beau was waiting outside of Scheana's apartment with the motor running while Stassi went in for enchiladas (a la Kim and Kroy)?  My guess is better than 50%.  The man doesn't have to be solving for cold fusion, but, at 38, does he have nothing better to do than hang out with the chucklefucks?  Jax does this at 39 and we (rightfully) deem him as a fuck-up. Plus, Jax has a history with these people.  Beau doesn't, and I find it highly suspect that a man (or a woman) approaching 40 would want to jump onto this bandwagon unless they are money-hungry or fucked up in the head.  

Since I've insulted Beau already, and I am positioned to get no likes (what can you do?), I am going to say that Lisa is such a condescending asshole bitch.  Like I said last week, James should have been done when he said "fuck your wife" to her business partner.  But this week we have the Toms (for whom I have no love lost) gearing up to open the bar, and Lisa asks Tom Schwartz, "do you think you've grown up?"  Lisa, you can't say that to a grown man who is your business partner.  That's a fucking disgusting way to speak to people, and if you think he's immature, send him away and don't cash his check and don't make money off of his name and popularity!  I don't care if he accepts this type of dom-sub talk (is there another way to characterize it?). I think it's disgusting, and I think Lisa, with her wrinkly cleavage that starts at her neck and extends to her navel, should take a hike.  She and Ken are so gross to me.  No wonder there is a pile-up on RHBH--it's because she says condescending shit like "have you grown up yet?" To her peers and they don't take that shit.  

This epi had a lot of drama, yet...it was lethargic.  Lala walked up into Billie's brunch acting like a total asshole, yet no one really reacted or cared.  The lowest-energy of them all was probably Ariana:  "I mean...I get that you're upset about your dad..........but at some point you have to....be...like, adult...". What the fuck is wrong with these people?  Why can't they express a coherent thought?  

Is this an LA thing to drag out your thoughts like this? I've been to LA and haven't seen this; is it a WeHo thing?   I am from the east coast, and, while I wouldn't want to be associated with people like Bethenny Frankel, there is some truth to the notion that we often speak in rapid-fire in an attempt to hit alll of our bullet points, as opposed to speaking to a general audience that will nod and agree. I also have known people from big cities like Chicago where they will talk until someone interrupts them. It may be a things amongst lawyer. I think lawyers tend to do this, because everything they have to say is so goddamn important (insert irony here).  I talk (very) fast, but I am brief (my posts to the contrary, yes.  I always figure you can stop reading it you're bored, but it's harder to tell someone to shut up). I also understand that Ariana is from Melbourne, which is east coast, and I have actually lived in Melbourne, and no one draws out their thoughts like this.  i think Tom is rubbing off on her in a bad way.  I know he is from MN, but they are both nasally people who speak in broad terms, often until they're interrupted by someone with a superior speaking ability with whom they can agree).  

Brittney's doctor seemed weird.  There are so many upper GI disorders that I am surprised that he attributed it to an ulcer without doing further testing.  And, really, she is expected to stop drinking?  No one on this show exists without drinking or drug use.  

Now that Kristen literally kissed up to Lisa, I am bereft of winners for this episode.  James was good in his confrontation with Lala, for sure, but that doesn't erase his reaction--complete with tears, y'all--to being disinvited to Mexico. 

Somehow, out of nowhere, Scheana, in all of her enchilada glory (which includes eating cheese from her cleavage, and I'm going to be honest, I totally eat yummy stuff that accidentally falls down my shirt if I can rescue it in time.  Just me?  Carry on) won the episode.  She was on WWHL last week and was acting totally normal, and I thought "I could hang out with this girl."  I don't know why she is so extra for this fucking show.  She looked beautiful in her white dress at brunch too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I think that's exactly right. They want James on an island. They all keep alluding to some heinous act that James committed that they can't talk about, but right now it seems like petty overreaction to a situation that Katie started.

Until like, Lisa or Ariana start alluding to James doing this “thing” that no one has given much of a hint about I’m going to mostly ignore it. The cast admitted themselves that they were all trying hard to get Scheana off the show in season one and they didn’t even hate her like they hate James. They don’t want any “outsiders” on the cast and they hate him for other reasons on top of that. They’ve been trying to get him off but nothing has worked...so maybe they just decided the MeToo movement would be their way. It could easily be them taking some bit of gossip and running with it because they want him off the show. They’re unreliable narrators. If there were proof you’d think it would be anonymously leaked with this many people supposedly knowing about whatever they’re trying to get us to believe he did.

@LibertarianSlut Stassi has said more than once on podcasts that Beau likes drama more than she does. She said he’s one of her favorite people to gossip with. Maybe he genuinely enjoys it. I find him boring.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7

I disagree that Lisa not liking Kristen will never get old. It’s old to me and it’s tired and it’s dumb. And she should get over it because Lisa isn’t that great and high and mighty and from someone who doesn’t watch Real housewives but hears his she is on thatbshow, she’s a snake.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also yes Lala flying off the handle about her father is a problem but Raquel did start talking about it.  Maybe if you aren’t friends with someone don’t talk about something like that an open arena with others. In that sense I agree with Lala that that was a stupid dumb move on Raquel’s part. And I know some people like Raquel but lately I’m starting to think she’s playing the reality TV game, i feel Like she knew if she started talking about Lala and her dad it would get her camera time. So yeah I think raquel is a lot smarter than we think by her choices but I honestly still stand by she also makes stupid choices too.

Lala's friend started it. Her friend literally walked up to Raquel and asked what was going on between the two of them. Lala's friend is either sincere, messy, or it was a set up. If Lala's friend was being sincere, then that's kind of on her for trying to broker a peace at that time in this venue. If her friend was being messy, that's also on the friend, but Lala should take stock of whether she should be friends with someone like that. If it was a set up, that's on Lala and her friend. I would hope that Raquel be a little more savvy in the future.

I find it interesting that you think Raquel is playing the reality tv game, when almost every thing Lala has ever done on this show has been calculated and manipulative. She shares an apartment with long time SUR waitress, Dani Shae, and moves into Stassi's old bedroom. She begins flirting outrageously with James, Jax, and Schwartz even though she had no intention of sleeping with ANY of them; she was ACTUALLY dating a football player. Lala only flirts with these fools to create chaos give herself a storyline. This makes her storyline in the back half of season 4 about her beefs with insecure Katie and Brittany. She begins heckling Kristen at Katie and Schwartz's engagement party, which is unbelievable because she's legitimately not friends with either of those people. Like what the everloving fuck? And you know she does this intentionally. This morphs into her season 5 storyline about her dating a married man (Rand) and her continuing issues with the Coven. She's never done a single authentic thing on this show, but she was legitimately pissed that the Coven brought up her relationship with Rand. Then her ass starts making people sign NDAs in the off season when they hang out with her. She writes Instagram post after Instagram post about the love of her life "R", "RE", "HerMan", or "MyMan." and deletes them all. And it's not like this is a one time thing. It's this constant tedious thing for two years. She's asked about how she got her Range Rover in season 5 and lies about it only to admit the truth in season 7. This girl has been playing the reality game from the moment she showed up and has been determined to never give viewers an authentic look into her life. She's never shown the audience a version of herself that is remotely real.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Lala's friend started it. Her friend literally walked up to Raquel and asked what was going on between the two of them. Lala's friend is either sincere, messy, or it was a set up. If Lala's friend was being sincere, then that's kind of on her for trying to broker a peace at that time in this venue. If her friend was being messy, that's also on the friend, but Lala should take stock of whether she should be friends with someone like that. If it was a set up, that's on Lala and her friend. I would hope that Raquel be a little more savvy in the future.

I find it interesting that you think Raquel is playing the reality tv game, when almost every thing Lala has ever done on this show has been calculated and manipulative. She shares an apartment with long time SUR waitress, Dani Shae, and moves into Stassi's old bedroom. She begins flirting outrageously with James, Jax, and Schwartz even though she had no intention of sleeping with ANY of them; she was ACTUALLY dating a football player. Lala only flirts with these fools to create chaos give herself a storyline. This makes her storyline in the back half of season 4 about her beefs with insecure Katie and Brittany. She begins heckling Kristen at Katie and Schwartz's engagement party, which is unbelievable because stress legitimately not friends with either of those people. Like what the everloving fuck? And you know she does this intentionally. This morphs into her season 5 storyline about her dating a married man (Rand) and her continuing issues with the Coven. She's never done a single authentic thing on this show, but she was legitimately pissed that the Coven brought up her relationship with Rand. Then her ass starts making people sign NDAs in the off season when they hang out with her. She writes Instagram post after Instagram post about the love of her life "R", "RE", "HerMan", or "MyMan." and deletes them all. And it's not like this is a one time thing. It's this constant tedious thing for two years. She's asked about how she got her Range Rover in season 5 and lies about it only to admit the truth in season 7. This girl has been playing the reality game from the moment she showed up and has been determined to never give viewers an authentic look into her life. She's never shown the audience a version of herself that is remotely real.

I mean they all on this show are playing a game but for Raquel she really seems to be eating up this sweet nice girl personality and I don’t think that’s the case. I’m sorry but I find her kind of fake.  Maybe I’m wrong but something just strikes me off about her.

But everyone on this show is playing a part to me. But tge reason I brought up Raquel was because she seems to be getting the sweet nice girl thing said about her and I don’t buy it. Even the aftershows with all the cast members and how proud they are for her speaking up.. like ew. Sorry no thanks. I can’t get behind it. I hated that I sort of agreed wit Jax eye rolling to FI in the after show video when he was talking about her.

And maybe it was Lalas friend but Raquel has talked about Lalas dad before hasn’t she? Either way she shouldn’t have responded to Lalas friend about it.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I mean they all on this show are playing a game but for Raquel she really seems to be eating up this sweet nice girl personality and I don’t think that’s the case. I’m sorry but I find her kind of fake.  Maybe I’m wrong but something just strikes me off about her.

I actually think Raquel is genuinely sweet; if she were faking it, IMO, she would've broken character when she had that disgusting fingernail reeking of Rand's ass sweat and nail polish jabbing at her face, or one of the dozen or more times she was referred to as insert-unkind-slang-for-female-genitalia-here or insert-synonym-for-stupid-here.

I think the thing that seems most "Off" about her is that she's hanging out with this lot of obnoxious asshats.

UO: I think James truly adores Raquel and has not cheated on her. 

Edited by Drogo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Marley said:

Ugh wish Billie was off the show tho she sucks. Who cares about her dumb event.

I hate her so much.  I am not even sure why, maybe the way she is always ACTING, opening her eyes really big, trying REALLY hard to be cute.  And failing.  I really hate her and I don't want to see her on the show anymore.  

5 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I have the unpopular opinion of not liking Stassi and thinking she is not as witty as she apparently thinks she is.

Most episodes I wonder how Schwartz is able to function day to day, because he comes off so dim. People think Raquel is an idiot, but I think she has a leg up on Schwartz.

I am officially SICK of Stassi.  I think she used to be funny, but now she is trying REALLY hard.  

I agree, Schwartz is really dumb - REALLY dumb.  It is weird, and now that we see more of him, it is really standing out.

5 hours ago, kelseykixx said:

I would hazard a guess that rather than eating before she came, Kristen had taken an ADDERALL before she came. That's usually her & everyone else in that groups go to. Rude to come over, say you're not hungry, but that you'll take some later for home. Like... just take a few bites at least.

I think they ALL had their Adderall refilled right before this episode was filmed - they were all kind of shaky and sped up.  I noticed it mostly with Brittany and Scheana.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

They all keep alluding to some heinous act that James committed that they can't talk about, but right now it seems like petty overreaction to a situation that Katie started.

It's about the pasta.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Stassi’s boobs are enormous in her TH with the green dress. 

They're like BAM, taking up half the screen. And she's had a reduction!

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

That's some real dark Nomi Malone type shit there.

Excellent. "You are a whore, darlin'"...in a knockoff Ver-sayce.

That was thoughtful of Scheana to cook extra for the guys.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

@LibertarianSlut Stassi has said more than once on podcasts that Beau likes drama more than she does. She said he’s one of her favorite people to gossip with. Maybe he genuinely enjoys it. I find him boring.

I find that trait very icky.  Beau gives off no male energy that I can appreciate.  I don't think Stassi needs yet another person with whom to gossip.  Is there not someone who can ground her?  

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I think Racquel is fake as fuck.  Her acting when she walked into James's apartment and he said that he was uninvited to Mexico was...underwhelming.  "I'm, like, offended for you." Ugh, I can't stand her facial expressions or her posture.  

As much as James may have a reason to get along with these people, I don't think getting along so that Racquel can have a built-in group of friends is a valid one.  

Why do these people fake their scenes?  Racquel faking the uninvite to Mexico and Lisa sitting down with James as if this is the first she is hearing of the Billie Brunch, and she didn't see the dailies?  Why do they do that?  Why don't they just say, "oh, yeah, I heard about that.  What's your side?"  Or "this uninvite is such bullshit.  This sucks.  What are we going to do?" Anything other than bad acting as if a situation to which they are clearly privy is brand new.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree, Schwartz is really dumb - REALLY dumb.  It is weird, and now that we see more of him, it is really standing out.

That moment where he's saying "uh, that account I drew the check from...is that the right account, or a different account.  I don't remember."?

Dude, how many accounts do you HAVE?  I would have assumed you would have taken the time to have the bank execute a CERTIFIED check for the $50,000.  Maybe not.  I think it's Sandoval who is the real go-getter on this.  Schwartz still comes across a lazy dick to me.  But I think Sandoval will put himself into overdrive to make it a success, and for that, FI?  Kadooz.

Although full marks to Schwartz for telling Katie he can't stand the sound of her voice.....

• Love 11

Rarely do I watch this show, but I half watched last night.

There is no one really to root for in this cast.  

The fighting and yelling got old really fast.  

Lisa, I'd be embarrassed to have to be in the middle of all this high school shit.  It's really high school level BS by 20/30 somethings who never really grew up and have more baggage than a carousel at LaGuardia.  I know she makes a lot of money from the show, but there's something called dignity.  Old fashioned, I know.  

If any real world person who was on a waitstaff or a hostess had a meltdown like that, they'd be so fired.  No ifs, ands, or buts.  

All of the patrons there probably loved it (fans) or were paid extras because this is all for show and is fake.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

They want James on an island. They all keep alluding to some heinous act that James committed that they can't talk about, but right now it seems like petty overreaction to a situation that Katie started.

3 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Until like, Lisa or Ariana start alluding to James doing this “thing” that no one has given much of a hint about I’m going to mostly ignore it. The cast admitted themselves that they were all trying hard to get Scheana off the show in season one and they didn’t even hate her like they hate James. They don’t want any “outsiders” on the cast and they hate him for other reasons on top of that. They’ve been trying to get him off but nothing has worked...so maybe they just decided the MeToo movement would be their way. It could easily be them taking some bit of gossip and running with it because they want him off the show. They’re unreliable narrators. If there were proof you’d think it would be anonymously leaked with this many people supposedly knowing about whatever they’re trying to get us to believe he did.

This episode explained exactly why production won't let them talk about the thing James did. With all of the MeToo and TimesUp allusions the cast has made, most viewers believe it relates to sexual harassment or a sexual assault allegedly committed by James. Three and a half years ago, Lala gave interviews about the one and only time there was sexual intercourse between herself and James was when she was blackout drunk. And normally, you'd say that sounds like a sexual assault. Yeah, it's pretty textbook. For whatever reason, Lala doesn't consider it to be a sexual assault. And then in the episode, Lala screams at James that he should consider himself lucky that she ever deigned to be with him and having sex with her was the crowning achievement of his life. That's a very weird and confused thing to say about a sexual incident that you couldn't consent to. I suspect the producers sat them all down to tell them that talking about it was verboten because Lala's own views on it weren't really clear.

That's the other thing. They are such disingenuous duplicitous assholes. They've never really liked James so you'd think they would have been champing at the bit to bring it up every year until he's gone. But they didn't.* They've always used convenient excuses when they wanted to get rid of someone whether or not it was truthful or made them hypocrites. They tried to run Scheana off by harping on the Eddie Cibrian affair; meanwhile, the only one in the main group not cheating on their partner was Katie. They've done it with Kristen and Lala. They've spent the last 6 or so months trying to get Faith arrested for a crime police have determined that Faith couldn't have committed. And now this mess with James. James is not a good guy. But this isn't about justice or ensuring the safety of others. This is about being petty and vindictive. If they actually cared about this as a cause, they'd be concerned about Jax saying he had sex with Lindsay Lohan during her most impaired delusional period. I actually think Kristen would. Katie not so much.

6 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

5 hours ago, SarahC said:

Exactly. Sheana wants everyone to ask her about Adam so she can be coy and act like she is 'just friends' with him. But...he's hanging out at her house making drinks for her friends when they come over? Come on now

This is Scheana tryna keep it casual. She is very bad at it. I think she has to keep repeating that "they aren't dating and are just casual" like a mantra to stop herself from using an app to figure out what their future kids would look like and what she'd name them.

*I suspect Katie didn't feel like striking until they had managed to pull Ariana, Lala, and Scheana away from James.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

PREACH girl!  I rolled my eyes so hard when she said "we're talking about you".

Katie is a doofus, but I totally disagree that she was the one changing the direction of the conversation; they went outside to talk about Kristen, and Kristen is the one who rerouted it. I despise when people use "whataboutism" as a tactic in a disagreement. Seriously, let's get through Topic A first and then address Topic B (which must not have been that bad if it is introduced only as a way to distract someone from Topic A).

That said, Kristen did have a few good non-whataboutism points. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Can't help myself.....I must say that I cannot stand Donnatella Versace. She is truly an ugly person inside and ESPECIALLY out! F'n scary, ugly.

Knotts Berry Farm should have a DV character in their freaky Halloween house this year.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Why do these people fake their scenes?  Racquel faking the uninvite to Mexico and Lisa sitting down with James as if this is the first she is hearing of the Billie Brunch, and she didn't see the dailies?  Why do they do that?  

I did an actual double take when Lisa reacted in shock that Lala had made a scene at SUR like that was unfathomable. 

Not that it excuses Lala's behavior, but making that scene with James/Lisa appear like James ran out of Billie's brunch to tattle on Lala made me think that James and Lala cooked up a plan for Lala to overhear or find out that Raquel was talking about Lala's father/behavior at work so Lala would lose it and Jame's could demonstrate that he's in control of himself.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

I recently moved to CA and the DMV photographer took a great pic of me.  He was super nice.

SF, not LA.

The California DMV makes you take a new picture every time you go in to do anything for your license. They made me change it when I renewed, when I got married even though I had taken a picture two freaking months earlier (I’m pissed about this one because the first was the best driver’s license photo I’ve ever taken), when I changed my address, when I got a Real ID. If you don’t go in you get to keep it otherwise they make you take a new one. So annoying. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On March 18, 2019 at 9:42 PM, Duke2801 said:

GOODBYE LALA //Ken voice//

Seriously she’s become unbearable. I hope this is her last season. At least Sandoval had the nerve to speak up and say that Lala’s actions at brunch weren’t really acceptable. 

The WeHo coven seemed like kind of ungracious guests at Scheanna’s house, no? And Kristen was all “I’m full” so she’d obviously eaten before she came. Rude. Those enchiladas actually looked pretty good...

Ken voice---iconic! Knock your spark out!

Kristen was a real peach walking into Scheanas.   I agree it was rude I was enjoying every glimpse of the enchiladas! 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

I recently moved to CA and the DMV photographer took a great pic of me.  He was super nice.

SF, not LA.

The last time I had a new picture done was in Santa Monica and the guy didn't like the first one and took and second and it's a really good picture.  

17 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I like Stassi, but I'm frequently disappointed by how not-smart she is.  She's not exactly dumb, but she's not smart.

16 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I'm sure he has a valid passport.  My passport is good longer than my license.  I'm not dealing with the real ID BS until I have to.  I can see him doing it though since he was already there, I guess.

15 hours ago, Rebecca said:

That was nuts. How could she possibly think that meant Lisa was warming to her - what? Lisa barely held back her contempt. Kristin just showed she has literally ZERO awareness.

This. I listen to a bunch of VR podcasts and most of the hosts and guests live in LA and have met the cast a bunch. Even those who HATE Katie admit that she’s not overweight in the slightest. Most of them even say she has the best body of all the women.

I think that’s crazy. She’s insecure because everyone keeps talking about her body, that would make anyone insecure. Women generally can’t maintain rail thin “LA physiques” past age 30 or so without seriously depriving themselves and we know that she was using Adderall and things in the earlier seasons. Her earlier look was unnatural.

I wish I was fat like Katie.

katie.thumb.jpg.22721d50ef1be687d150801ee8565979.jpg

12 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I hate her so much.  I am not even sure why, maybe the way she is always ACTING, opening her eyes really big, trying REALLY hard to be cute.  And failing.  I really hate her and I don't want to see her on the show anymore.  

I mainly hate her because she's a raging entitled bitch, but also there's what you're saying.  I kind of flip flop on it.  Is she acting because in her head everything is The Billie Show or is she a try hard because she's so used to not being accepted for who she is.  

5 hours ago, glowbug said:

The California DMV makes you take a new picture every time you go in to do anything for your license. They made me change it when I renewed, when I got married even though I had taken a picture two freaking months earlier (I’m pissed about this one because the first was the best driver’s license photo I’ve ever taken), when I changed my address, when I got a Real ID. If you don’t go in you get to keep it otherwise they make you take a new one. So annoying. 

If you change your address online you don't have to get a new picture.  You just don't get a license with the correct address until you renew.  I changed my address online and then renewed by mail or online when the time came and have a picture that's probably 14-15 years old with an address that's only 8 years old.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

mail or online when the time came and have a picture that's probably 14-15 years old with an address that's only 8 years old.

Which is why they make you get a new picture whenever you go there because who knows when they are going to see you again.

I can’t believe Sandavol is going to all this expense and time to do squat based on IG stories was a two minute entrance. I mean I can because it’s incredibly stupid but still. 

• LOL 4
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I still can't even figure out what Lala has against Raquel. Raquel may not be smart and she may be blind when it comes to James but that isn't anybody's business. The girl is not mean or vicious to anybody so Lala needs to lay off! I hope when she's looking back at these episodes that are airing now she is supremely embarrassed of her behavior. 

Raquel was talking about Lala, though, which wasn't cool.  I'm not saying it justifies Lala going off on her, but, Raquel was basically just standing around playing Michelle Duggar to her boyfriend James while he works as the super cool DJ at SUR, and also managed to talk shit about Lala.  Then when Lala confronted her about it, she brought up Lala's dad, which is not a great topic to mention and Raquel's aware of that.  It's a bit disingenuous to then say "I'm a patron! How dare she!"  

17 hours ago, Neeners said:

I root for the underdog, too, unless he's a known biter. Then he's on his own.

I really don't see how James has any standing to say anything about Lala's freakout when he literally had to be walked out of TomTom the day before.  He really doesn't seem to grasp that he has caused damage and it will take time to rebuild his reputation with everyone and that at this point, some people may not ever want anything to do with him again.  And they don't have to.  He's been a dick to a bunch of people a bunch of times and he isn't OWED another chance.  If Sandoval wants to give him one? Fantastic! But that doesn't mean that other people have to.  But, he shows up and is all "I've changed! I swear! What do you mean I can't get what I want right this minute? I've put 4 days of effort into this changing thing!" And then when they don't give him what he wants "Fuck that bitch! She's just a fat fucking bitch and she doesn't want me to succeed!" And that's exactly why people don't want to give him another chance just yet.

16 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

And what about that meeting between Lisa and Kristin?  Lord, but Lisa was visibly uncomfortable with Kristin hugging her and you think the latter would have picked up on that.

It has never occurred to Kristin to apologize to Lisa.  Somehow she thinks Lisa owes HER something.  This is puzzling to me. 

16 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Again I can’t root for James pen billie. I will never root for Jakes and calling him an underdog just bothers me. Like ugh. And FI Tom isn’t anyone I would take suggestions from so rooting for James, Sorry Tom, no.

And again Lala needs to deal with her fathers death in a better way but is there a handbook on grief? If so someone pick that up for me please. And yeah I’m totally anticipating you all to quote my post and tell me I’m wrong but having never been in the situation that lala was in (been pretty close though) who knows how I would react. Raquel isn’t a sweet girl actually is what I’m coming back with after last nights episode she knows how to push buttons.

Again it’s hard to be on anyone’s side. Even sweet little Raquel.

This.

5 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I know most people are saying they never have thought they're better than anyone, but me personally, I'll go ahead and admit there definitely are times when I think I'm better than people. Like when I watch this show. 

I mean, I've watched Springer and Cops, so I kind of feel like yeah, I'm probably better than some people.  Maybe not better than them all the time, but, what I'm seeing on tv?  Yep, I'm not wrestling someone in a baby pool of jello or in a wife beater running barefoot down the street screaming that they can't catch me to the police, so I kind of feel like I have a bit of an edge for that particular moment.  I'm not gonna lie.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 14