Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Trouble in Lala-land

• Start Topic

Still grieving over her father, Lala breaks down and lashes out at James, Raquel and Billie Lee; Lisa, Sandoval and Schwartz throw all their effort into preparing TomTom for the grand opening; Jax complains about his upcoming engagement party.

Airs March 18, 2019.

LaLa is completely out of line.  Even Brittany seemed irritated that LaLa said she knows when she’s better than someone else.  Why because she’s f-ing her way to the top?  I have never in my entire life thought I was better than someone else.  The fact that her father died 3 weeks ago doesn’t excuse her.  Katie and LaLa are just trying to ice James out.  

• Love 16

I have to say, as stupid as Raquel is (and how great was it when Billie was talking about making people feel dumb and the editors cut up Raquel taking selfies in the DJ booth?) - she's right about Lala. I'm sorry Lala lost her father and I know she's going through a rough time. But the way she was flipping out and cussing at work was completely unacceptable. If James and Kristen get sacked for that kind of shit, she should as well. 

Jax ranting about $300 potatoes had me rolling. Brittany is getting pretty OTT...and she's not even planning the actual wedding yet! I'm surprised she is the one with an ulcer and not Jax. 

Scheana, stop trying to make people ask about Adam. No one cares. 

Kristen, put a bra on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
22 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Lala needs to take that baby bottle shit of hers on out the door. She's OBVIOUSLY sooooo much better than everyone else!

The pj, that was obtained with a bj (her words, not mine), has clearly gone straight to her head.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

GOODBYE LALA //Ken voice//

Seriously she’s become unbearable. I hope this is her last season. At least Sandoval had the nerve to speak up and say that Lala’s actions at brunch weren’t really acceptable. 

The WeHo coven seemed like kind of ungracious guests at Scheanna’s house, no? And Kristen was all “I’m full” so she’d obviously eaten before she came. Rude. Those enchiladas actually looked pretty good...

Stassi’s boobs are enormous in her TH with the green dress. I swear I fear she’s going to have a nip slip everytime I see her in that scene. 

• Love 22

Lol James thinking LaLa is jealous of Raquel. Yea no one is jealous of dummy Raquel who is with sleazy James. And James was totally hoping LVP would be all no James no you have to come to the Tom Tom opening.

LaLa does need to chill tho. And I hate when ppl think they are better then other ppl.

Ugh wish Billie was off the show tho she sucks. Who cares about her dumb event.

Scheana is trying so hard to make everyone care about her and Adam. No one cares lol. She also totally wants a relationship but is trying to seem like the cool chick. Their chat at SUR seemed so awkward.

Kristen comes off so weird and awkward with LVP.

• Love 20

The best moment was Stassi telling Schena her enchiladas were good. Everything else was just.. a lot of yelling. And while I’m all about yelling in  episodes not for every second of one episode. That’s all this was. It gave me a headache.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Marley said:

Billie’s Brunch? Like until she thought of it they didn’t have brunch at SUR? I’m sure she came up with this because she didn’t get invited to the first Girls Night or whatever it was. But Billie’s Brunch just sounds like a roadside diner. But this is one with a kickin’ DJ playing some jams.

Hard to know who to root for otherwise, between Lala, Billie, Raquel and James? 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Billie’s Brunch? Like until she thought of it they didn’t have brunch at SUR? I’m sure she came up with this because she didn’t get invited to the first Girls Night or whatever it was. But Billie’s Brunch just sounds like a roadside diner. But this is one with a kickin’ DJ playing some jams.

Well you know Billie invented brunch like James invented Tuesday’s at SUR.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

They actually didn't have a brunch at SUR until Billie started one. They had a brunch at Pump. DJs at brunch are fairly common in the trendier areas of bigger cities. Brunch with Billie Lee started in May 2018. Girls Night In started in July 2018.

Katie's uncreative entitled obnoxious ass was fully capable of creating her own theme night/event; she's been on the show from the beginning. The reality is that she didn't. She's had a solid 3 - 4 seasons since James' arrival to come up with something to promote herself and be a value added attraction to SUR. 

You never root for Lala; she's an asshole. The others are too, but she's so often punching down so it's unpleasant to watch.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Lol James thinking LaLa is jealous of Raquel. Yea no one is jealous of dummy Raquel who is with sleazy James. And James was totally hoping LVP would be all no James no you have to come to the Tom Tom opening.

LaLa does need to chill tho. And I hate when ppl think they are better then other ppl.

Scheana is trying so hard to make everyone care about her and Adam. No one cares lol. She also totally wants a relationship but is trying to seem like the cool chick. Their chat at SUR seemed so awkward.

Kristen comes off so weird and awkward with LVP.

Every chat- - with Rob, with Adam- -seems awkward!! She pushes relationships, and the guys are too polite to straighten her out. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6

I'm honestly really surprised to see comments ragging on James this episode. I'm with Sandavol in that I root for the underdog, and I'm with others in the opinion that even though James is a mess, each of the cast has been a mess at one time and they didn't get fired or ostracized for their abhorrent behavior. I actually thought James did a really good job of dealing with Lala - which is a first for him for sure, but give credit where it's due. Lala is a mess right now: she talks about being disrespected or whatever while simultaneously telling anyone who tries to reply to her nastiness to 'shut up' and just shouts over them. And I actually have to agree with Arianna that Lala seems overly hate-filled when it comes to James these days, even though prior to him calling Katie fat their relationship was not close but amiable at least, so I'm not sure where Lala's rage comes from re: James. I mean, Lala has called Katie fat plenty of times so it can't be that she has some big issue with body shaming. She seems to take personal offense to Raquel's existence, and by extension, James', with the same level of obsession and hate-fire Kristin has for James.

• Love 23

PS - as for Lala thinking she's better than other people, I understand commenters saying they don't like that, but I DO think if we were all honest about it there are people you think you are better than. Everytime someone judges someone on welfare - it's because they think they are better than. Everytime you judge someone who smells gross or is super dirty = better than. Everytime you think someone is whore-y or mean or whatever, you think you are better than them and that's why you can sit in judgement of them.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Lala was two inches from Raquels face screaming and pointing her nasty finger at her. Who the hell does this bish think she is?

THIS!  I am a lawsuit waiting to happen b/c I would have grabbed that nasty finger and bitch slapped her!  Of course I'm also almost 50 years old and probably wouldn't be in that particular environment but phew I could feel my blood pressure rising watching that mess.  

• Love 12

There's a lot to complain about when it comes to Billie and Racquel but how they handled Lala is not one of those things. Lala instigated conversations with both women and went off the rails with both them. I don't know when and where Lala heard of what Racquel said but she isn't wrong, grief is not a hall pass for nasty behaviour and it doesn't mean that you can erase it from your ledger and pretend you didn't do or say stupid shit. Lala is the anthesis of everything she claims she stands for, especially when angry, she goes for the jugular (sounds like James, doesn't it Lala?). She was absolutely out of line with Billie and Racquel and it should be addressed. Also, you can put on a JLo inspired dress but you ain't no JLo so.

James handled himself well confronting Lala but I thought it was funny when he volunteered to not go to the  Tom Tom opening...it seemed obvious he was hoping Lisa would tell him that he should come. I hope he figures his shit out because there's no reason that the world should be subjected to his cocky idiocy. Like the rest of them, there are flickers of good quality set in a damaged qualities. He's not hopeless but he needs a lot of work.

Scheana is always doing the most. She's trying to be the cool chick that's just going with the flow with a guy who doesn't want to officially commit to a relationship so she's convinced herself that she doesn't want one either.

Seeing Sandoval brag about his bar and entrance to someone who couldn't care less about him and what his plans are was great to see, lol. 

• Love 17

No Tom, there is no hair and makeup available at the DMV when in comes to getting your picture taken. Just long lines and bored workers who don’t give a hoot about jokes and you getting your motorcycle certification. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Even Brittany seemed irritated that LaLa said she knows when she’s better than someone else.

No no, you misunderstood.  She doesn't think she's better than anyone else, she just knows she's above a lot of people.

(It's a subtle difference, subtle enough that it only exists in her mind.)

• LOL 12
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Katie can STFU already (and I say this as someone who used to find her entertaining).  She starts in on Kristen by saying that Kristen's man is a dick; Kristen counters by saying that Katie's own man has been a dick to her, to which Katie responds with "we're talking about you" in order to change the direction of the conversation.  Listen, Katie, you started it by talking about Carter, NOT Kristen, so it isn't totally about Kristen.   Since Katie got married, her head seems to have grown about 3 dozen sizes.  Take a seat, girl. 

PREACH girl!  I rolled my eyes so hard when she said "we're talking about you".

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Seeing Sandoval brag about his bar and entrance to someone who couldn't care less about him and what his plans are was great to see, lol. 

If you've ever been to the California DMV, you get the clerk's reaction....."I've got 500 people waiting and I haven't had lunch yet.  I don't care about YOU, your camera crew or why you want a fucking motorcycle license."

And there's something off with this.   First of all, you pass the written test for a motorcycle license and get a "permit"; to get the actual license, you have to pass a road test which is more or less proof of your ability to handle the bike (not actually on the road but a closed course).   They didn't actually show this, did they?  Also, your motorcycle license is just an endorsement to your regular driver's license, so unless Sandoval was renewing his driver's license, there was no need for him to have a photo taken.  Odd.  

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I'm sorry that Lala lost her father but that does not give her carte blanche to be a judgmental, screechy asshole.  Flat Iron had it dead on when he said she won't get fired for her rude, crude and out of line behavior but James surely would. 

Katie can STFU already (and I say this as someone who used to find her entertaining).  She starts in on Kristen by saying that Kristen's man is a dick; Kristen counters by saying that Katie's own man has been a dick to her, to which Katie responds with "we're talking about you" in order to change the direction of the conversation.  Listen, Katie, you started it by talking about Carter, NOT Kristen, so it isn't totally about Kristen.   Since Katie got married, her head seems to have grown about 3 dozen sizes.  Take a seat, girl. 

Brittany looked pretty when she was listening to Lala go on and on about how she's been wronged and the death of her father gives her the right to be abusive to everyone.  It will be interesting to see if she can exactly go on a Mexican jaunt with these chucklefucks and not drink.  Maybe being sober will make her realize that her "friends" are generally a bunch of dipshits.

Beau is an excellent bedazzler.  

Lisa clearly still despises Kristen.

James can be an ass but I feel for him.  Lisa has obviously been a mother figure (at least of sorts) to him and he so very much wants her approval.  Yeah, he's made mistakes (a lot of them) but don't give others repeated chances and opportunities (Jax anyone?  Schwartz?) while continuing to kick James at every turn.  At least Flat Iron seems to be trying to help him. 

Flat Iron at the DMV was gold.  The DMV employee clearly didn't give a shit why Flat Iron was getting a motorcycle license and OF COURSE Flat Iron would ask if there's hair and makeup available for his photo.  Never change, Flat Iron, never change.  

Loved how the editing monkeys made it appear that Peter apparently missed the entire Lala SUR Screechfest 2019 by, you know, doing his job.  

Lala should be fired but again, as Flat Iron pointed out, she won't be.  Lisa will probably make excuses for her while continuing to expect James to cure cancer as a means of redeeming himself.  

I recently moved to CA and the DMV photographer took a great pic of me.  He was super nice.

SF, not LA.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Raquel, slightly paraphrased: "...And Lala has verbally attacked me - when she's a hostess and I'm a patron."

Uh, you followed your boyfriend to work for free drinks at a non-chill brunch that doesn't deserve the label "brunch". You ain't paying for shit, girl. Get out of here with that "patron" bull. 

The "patron" shit was pushing it a bit too far. But it doesn't negate the fact that LaLa was on the clock, and customers could hear her screaming and cussing. It really annoyed me how LVP was all, "No! LaLa doesn't behave like that." Has she ever met LaLa? Girl is not known for always being super classy and professional. 

41 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I agree. She handled that conversation so wrong. SHE initiated it, but it was like she just wanted to scold Kristen. She was completely closed off to hearing anything Kristen had to say. I really liked Katie for a few years. I felt like when she got away from Stassi and Kristen she became a nicer person. She was so chill for awhile there. But she is back to being a raging bitch; and I definitely think being married has gone to her head. Which is funny, when you see the previews for next week - her husband is telling her he can't stand the sound of her voice!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Lala should be fired but again, as Flat Iron pointed out, she won't be.  Lisa will probably make excuses for her while continuing to expect James to cure cancer as a means of redeeming himself.  

Raquel:  James called Katie fat once and was fired, while Lala has gotten in my face three times screaming at me and calling me a stupid twat multiple times and faced no repercussions.

James:  Lala hates Raquel for maintaining the kind of wholesome sweetness Lala herself lost when she moved to LA, and her M.O. is to beat that out of Raquel like a bully. 

Cosign both of these statements.  Raquel may not be curing cancer anytime soon but she sure as hell doesn't deserve the mountain of shit Lala is raining down on her. 

1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

her husband is telling her he can't stand the sound of her voice

giphy.gif

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Brittany was gorgeous rolling her eyes at Lala! So, so pretty.

Brittany is always gorgeous.  And no Jax, $5/person for mashed potatoes is not lucrative enough margin for a move to Idaho.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

Cosign both of these statements.  Raquel may not be curing cancer anytime soon but she sure as hell doesn't deserve the mountain of shit Lala is raining down on her. 

I still can't even figure out what Lala has against Raquel. Raquel may not be smart and she may be blind when it comes to James but that isn't anybody's business. The girl is not mean or vicious to anybody so Lala needs to lay off! I hope when she's looking back at these episodes that are airing now she is supremely embarrassed of her behavior. 

• Love 15
Just now, bichonblitz said:

I still can't even figure out what Lala has against Raquel. Raquel may not be smart and she may be blind when it comes to James but that isn't anybody's business. The girl is not mean or vicious to anybody so Lala needs to lay off! I hope when she's looking back at these episodes that are airing now she is supremely embarrassed of her behavior. 

I really think James pegs it here:

James:  Lala hates Raquel for maintaining the kind of wholesome sweetness Lala herself lost when she moved to LA, and her M.O. is to beat that out of Raquel like a bully. 

And I think the death of her father has magnified it.  Raquel is a reminder to her of the kind of girl she was that her father was proud of, before she turned her self-worth into a tampon she keeps in her kittycat.  I felt so sad for her when she genuinely felt that "fucking Lala" could be someone's claim to success.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

I recently moved to CA and the DMV photographer took a great pic of me.  He was super nice.

SF, not LA.

S.F can be crazy - I did a renewal there once.   But it can really be a zoo in the City.  Even in my North Bay suburb, the line out the door at opening if you don't have an appointment is nuts.  Now I renew in Napa - even without an appointment, if you get there at opening, you're out the door in 45 minutes!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

And I think the death of her father has magnified it.  Raquel is a reminder to her of the kind of girl she was that her father was proud of, before she turned her self-worth into a tampon she keeps in her kittycat.  I felt so sad for her when she genuinely felt that "fucking Lala" could be someone's claim to success.

For real. She isn't even close to the most attractive woman on this show. In fact, she might be the least. Lala you  actually need MORE eye makeup than you think.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Drogo said:

No no, you misunderstood.  She doesn't think she's better than anyone else, she just knows she's above a lot of people.

(It's a subtle difference, subtle enough that it only exists in her mind.)

Don't forget that Lala is in way more pain and has gone through more than anyone else at SUR. I was rolling my eyes along with Brittany at Lala's rant.

I did think that James handled Lala well. I also, liked how he pointed out that they met that one time and everything was cool between them. I thought things were fine between them until Katie and the coven convinced Lala not to go to the studio with James. Did I miss any other interaction between them after their meet up?

I have no idea what Lala's deal with Raquel is. Raquel seems fairly harmless to me. 

The only time I have liked Katie was when she got a backbone and ditched Stassi. Katie acting like her relationship is so much better than Kristen's makes me laugh. 

I have the unpopular opinion of not liking Stassi and thinking she is not as witty as she apparently thinks she is.

Most episodes I wonder how Schwartz is able to function day to day, because he comes off so dim. People think Raquel is an idiot, but I think she has a leg up on Schwartz.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

GOODBYE LALA //Ken voice//

Seriously she’s become unbearable. I hope this is her last season. At least Sandoval had the nerve to speak up and say that Lala’s actions at brunch weren’t really acceptable. 

The WeHo coven seemed like kind of ungracious guests at Scheanna’s house, no? And Kristen was all “I’m full” so she’d obviously eaten before she came. Rude. Those enchiladas actually looked pretty good...

Stassi’s boobs are enormous in her TH with the green dress. I swear I fear she’s going to have a nip slip everytime I see her in that scene. 

I would hazard a guess that rather than eating before she came, Kristen had taken an ADDERALL before she came. That's usually her & everyone else in that groups go to. Rude to come over, say you're not hungry, but that you'll take some later for home. Like... just take a few bites at least.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

26 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Lala hates Raquel for maintaining the kind of wholesome sweetness Lala herself lost when she moved to LA, and her M.O. is to beat that out of Raquel like a bully. 

Dead on!

An episode ago Lala was busy telling people that her "loving" boyfriend took away her (hideous) designer footwear to remind her that every nice/expensive thing she has in her life comes from him and that they aren't on equal footing in their relationship so she better not try to criticize him. Her response is that she can suck and fuck some other guy in order to get expensive things. That's some real dark Nomi Malone type shit there.

Lala's deep abiding self-loathing just came spilling out of her maw like some fucking Eldritch abomination. The girl has lost the through line of her life. She fucked up a long time ago when she compromised herself in some way and cannot find her way back.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

“The most Scheana thing that Scheana’s ever Scheanaed.” LOL

That was probably the best line of the night.

Lala and Katie:  both of them have severe anger issues and self-love issues.  They both could stand for some serious therapy.  

I lost my dad twenty years ago.  Lost my mom 14 years ago.  Lost my sister 11 years ago.  Under none of those circumstances would I believe myself to be privileged enough to scream at my friends and colleagues, etc., like that.  Lala has screwed her life up by thinking that screwing is the answer to everything.  She's finding out the hard way that that kind of life is not as wonderful as she paints it to be.

Katie has severe body image issues, which could be resolved with a serious life coach effort to drop the weight (she only gained it over the last few years, it's not a life long obesity issue) and learn to love herself.  The red flags on her are waving in a hurricane force wind.  That her husband is telling her he can't stand the sound of her voice anymore, that her friends are having trouble being around her, the constant in all of this is HER.  She has become an extremely vocal bully of everyone around her.  She's holding grudges that a more mature person would have worked through by now.  Do I condone what James has said to her?  Absolutely not.  But by holding the grudge and hammering on him all the time, she's actually giving him more power than he deserves to have.  

No, I don't like James.  I don't like that Lisa gives him an inordinate number of chances at redemption that she gives no one else.  He needs to be gone.  If he has DJ options all over LA, let him use those to get his own show where he can be an a--hole all day long.

But Katie needs some intensive off-camera therapy to get rid of the all-too-present rage she's feeling about and toward everyone.  She's a bully in her current iteration and needs some serious help.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Most episodes I wonder how Schwartz is able to function day to day, because he comes off so dim. People think Raquel is an idiot, but I think she has a leg up on Schwartz.

How many Schwartz brothers does it take to screw in a light bulb? (All 4; one to hold the light bulb and three to turn the ladder.)

2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

That's some real dark Nomi Malone type shit there.

Holy Kittycats, you just cracked the case wide open.  I knew seeing that piece of shit film would pay off one day.giphy.gif

• LOL 11