Type keyword(s) to search

A Double Shot at Love with DJ Pauly D & Vinny - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yeah that was a complete waste of time for everyone involved. Thought Vinny might actually be a decent guy but as soon as the cameras stopped rolling, he dropped Alysse like a bad habit. I like that Pauly didn't pick anyone, but seems that he and Nikki kept in touch after the show, most likely hooked up too from what it sounds like. 

It was very obvious on the reunion show that Nikki is still pissed and Alysse was very hurt.

(edited)

They’re in Vegas. Vinnie is a stripper, oh sorry, exotic dancer. Pauly D’s tanning is catching / has caught up with him. 

They brought in 3 “Sta’en” Island guys, under the pretense that they’re Darryn’s friends from home. Don’t believe that.

I watched it and I’m pretty sure I’m a little dumber now. 

Edited by Refresh
Tense
  • Love 3

Episode 2:

"Don't Be Bitter, Be Better"

As the women move into Pauly and Vinny's luxury suite on the strip, they will spend their summer working at the world-famous Drai's Night and Beach Club and playing in the Las Vegas sun.

Aired June 18, 2020.

Episode 3:

"Mom, I Messed Up"

Pauly and Vinny's reputations are at stake when their suitemates embarrass themselves on their first day of work; Marissa confesses to her mom that she had a one night stand.

Airs June 25, 2020.

8 hours ago, Kathy said:

I hope these people are getting paid a lot to totally embarrass themselves on TV.  They look like a bunch of dumb fools.

I hope they are getting paid very little because they don't deserve it.

And I hate nothing more than people complaining about job when all your complaints are just the fact that you have work at all. Can't stand lazy ass people.

Episode 4:

"Honey, I'm Home"

Pauly tries to make peace with Nikki but leaves her in tears; Vinny confronts Maria about her past insults; the suite is left reeling after an ill-advised hook up.

Airs July 2, 2020.

On 6/29/2020 at 8:48 PM, butterbody said:

What is the actual point of this season? Is it still a dating show, or do P & V just play Mrs. Garret while Jersey shore 2.0 gets into shenanigans?

The latter. It really is Jersey shore 2.0

• Love 1

Episode 5:

"Here's the Tea"

The suite is shocked when Pauly and Nikki rekindle their rocky romance. The girls devise a plan to expose Antonio’s “cheating.” Meanwhile, Derryn hooks up with a stripper.

Airs July 9, 2020.

(edited)

Nikki needs help. I don't know why she's even on the show, except to get paid? Regardless, girl is a mess and has to find a way to move on.

I don't find any of the new guys appealing. Marissa is mortified that her mother is upset about her sleeping with what's-his-name, but it's ok to pose for selfies while squeezing your boobs and sticking your tongue out? And dressing skanky while twerking at clubs as your friend slaps your ass? 

I don't understand young people today. Now get off my lawn!

ETA: Oops just saw the description for the next episode - Nikki and Pauly hmmm...

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 1

I will say that these idiots are growing on me 

I appreciate the guys calling Antonio out on his bs.

I also think he isn't a bad guy but most young people need to detach from there partners if they are going to do a show like this. It's too much temptation for most youngins.

As a guy, I wish I got a chance to see them be there for Devyn. The male member often has a mind of its own and it doesn't have anything to do with attraction. Add on the fact that he knows cameras are on him, this will be on TV, there people carrying on in the other room. It's a lot. 

Her saying guys never get hard with her is some other shit though. Who is she messing with?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

What is the actual point of this season? Is it still a dating show, or do P & V just play Mrs. Garret while Jersey shore 2.0 gets into shenanigans?

I tuned in for about 5 minutes and couldn't figure it out either.

Who are the ugly guys?  Are they there to date the girls?  I don't mean to be too mean, but two of them were like caricatures of ugly.  Yikes.  The third, less-offensive one was like a missing member of 98 Degrees.  

Devyn (???) running into the room in hysterics, making a scene...."don't talk to me!!"  But behaving in a way that is doing nothing but calling for attention and begging people to talk to her.  Hmmmmm.

The front of Pauly's hair has taken on a whole new angle. 

Lots of bad behavior here: Derynn calling Antonio's girlfriend, B-Lashes telling Brandon about said call, Brandon running straight to Antonio with the news, B-Lashes telling Nikki what Brandon said about her. Damn people, ain't no honor...

I don't include what Brandon said about Nikki because that's his opinion based on observation and frankly I get it. 

I also applaud Brandon for calling out Antonio's behavior, and how all the girls are like, yup you cheated. Definition of cheating: doing anything with someone else that you would not want your partner to walk in on.

Description of this episode was misleading though, because Nikki and Pauly really did not rekindle their romance...yet.

I feel bad for Ricky, I mean, shit happens, it's no big deal. Agree with @Racj82, the atmosphere isn't exactly conducive to getting your freak on.

Episode 6:

"We Got A Situation"

Mike “The Situation” and his wife, Lauren, make a surprise visit. Pauly and Vinny coach Antonio through his girlfriend troubles. Insults turn two best friends against each other while a night out results in a new suite hookup.

Airs July 16, 2020.

Guess I'm all alone here, lol!

I doubt Antonio's girlfriend will be so forgiving when she sees the replay on his behavior. Just that girl sitting on his lap at the club while he tells her she's the hottest girl there and he wants to take her to New York would be it for me, bye bitch. Gross. Never mind how hard he pressed the gym chick. 

Nick and Susie are cute together. I can't even blame Marissa for hooking up with Brandon again, and I feel for her with regard to Derynn and her judgemental ass. That was an insult and her apology was weak.

I don't get the whole Pauly and Nikki thing.

Episode 7:

"DJ Pauly D Day"

Pauly D has a big surprise for The Situation. Pauly D and Vinny send shock waves through the house when they break their “don’t hook up with your exes” rule. Meanwhile Derynn confronts Pretty Ricky again.

Airs July 23, 2020.

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

Both Pauly and Vinnie are getting way too old to still be doing this crap.  What are they going to be like at 50?

As long as MTV keeps paying them they will feel no need to stop. Can't blame them.

• Love 1

Episode 8:

"Strip and Tell"

The Situation joins Vinny onstage at Chippendales for the first time. A wild night out turns into a nightmare when Suzi unexpectedly calls out each one of her suitemates.

Aired July 30, 2020.

Episode 9: 

"P.S. I Love Pauly"

Pauly lands the gig of a lifetime in Miami and invites everyone to come along. Tensions run high as Suzi struggles to make amends. Nikki confesses her true feelings to Pauly.

Airs August 6, 2020.

Hahahaha the lack of posts on this show says it all.  I am embarrassed I still watch it!  I find Pauly and Vinnie funny together but they are not shown enough.  And I find the outfits most of the girls wearing very unflattering.  It might just be the TV but I don't think so.  Some of the girls must shop at a store that specializes in Stripper clothes.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Hahahaha the lack of posts on this show says it all.  I am embarrassed I still watch it!  I find Pauly and Vinnie funny together but they are not shown enough.  And I find the outfits most of the girls wearing very unflattering.  It might just be the TV but I don't think so.  Some of the girls must shop at a store that specializes in Stripper clothes.

I don't post because no one else does but I still enjoy it. The people are kind of funny, not as douchey as you might expect and it's a pretty breezy hour. 

The stripper clothes is a lot though. 

• Love 3

don't post because no one else does but I still enjoy it. The people are kind of funny, not as douchey as you might expect and it's a pretty breezy hour. 

Ok I will keep posting if you do too.  

12 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Ok I will keep posting if you do too.  

Will do.

Oh, I must say that I hate seeing people complain about jobs they didn't have to take and we're given to them just because they are on a reality show. Shut up and work.

• LOL 2

Episode 10: 

"Oh My God, What Did Pauly Say to Her?"

As Pauly gets ready for the biggest gig of his career, he has a tough conversation with Nikki that could change their relationship forever. Things get tense when another woman tries to get in between Vinny and Maria.

Airs August 13, 2020.

Watching these women put on makeup these days! Eek! It's just so much. 

This shit is so draining. So many people on these shows can never have friends with benefits or just go with the flow. It's just so maddening. They say one thing and get mad when the other doesn't violate anything they discussed.

I did like Brandon truly enjoying all this. You don't see a lot of people on these types shows appreciate the situation they are in very often.

• Love 1

That was so weird when Pauly whispered to one of the other girls (can't remember who) that he loved Nicki.  What is he 16?  Someone said he was drunk but he did not seem drunk and can't image he would get drunk while working?  He has, for the most part, been pretty stable out of all the roommates from JS so it seemed out of character.  I think he is playing with fire with Nicki.  She is just TOO into him.  If she could rein it in a little bit I think they could actually date as it seems as though Pauly really likes her.  Not sure why but ok that's just me.

45 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

That was so weird when Pauly whispered to one of the other girls (can't remember who) that he loved Nicki.  What is he 16?  Someone said he was drunk but he did not seem drunk and can't image he would get drunk while working?  He has, for the most part, been pretty stable out of all the roommates from JS so it seemed out of character.  I think he is playing with fire with Nicki.  She is just TOO into him.  If she could rein it in a little bit I think they could actually date as it seems as though Pauly really likes her.  Not sure why but ok that's just me.

That was weird of Pauly but I think he's just super conflicted. He likes Nikki but he's seen the worst in her so he doesn't know how to maneuver. I would just let it go. Pauly just working in the environment he works will be something she can't handle. 

• Love 1

Episode 12:

"Not That Kind of Love"

Pauly faces unexpected backlash from the suite after finally saying that he loves Nikki. Marissa tries to hide her jealously when Brandon brings home a stripper.

Aired August 27, 2020.

Derryn's comment that it is now her business for Pauly and Nikki's relationship.  Huh?  Really?  I

Pauly just working in the environment he works will be something she can't handle. 

Agreed.  Nikki will not survive his lifestyle, not even close.  She's too clingy and insecure to date him.  She touches him and hangs on him too much.  It seems as though she is always putting her hands on his face to make him look at her.  It would drive me crazy having someone touch my face so much.  I went on a pity date once and regretted every minute of it.  And he constantly touched me......constantly!  I wanted a drink when I got home.

• Love 1

It would so weird hanging out with this group where you got two couples almost banging each other in your sight and everyone else just chilling for the most part.

Oh Marissa is tiresome as fuck. She can't just be a friend's with benefits for shit. Stop acting like you don't care and then complaining everytime he even looks at another woman. Then you let him hit it after you get done whining and the cycle continues. Just stop!

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3

Why must they pull out Angelina when they need something to happen?  Her questions at the table we spoon fed to her by producers to get this crew triggered to argue.  At a restaurant no less.

And I know Pauly must like Nikki but again she literally hangs on him whenever together.  It just seem needy and insecure.........

Episode 14:

"Professional Pot Stirrer"

Angelina turns the night into a disaster when she gets into everyone's business; Derynn attempts to hook up with Pretty Ricky again; Vinny takes Maria out on a date, but a surprise visit from Uncle Nino shocks the suite.

Airs September 10, 2020.

Episode 15:

"Sealing the Deal"

A girls' night out spirals out of control when Suzi questions Nikki's relationship with Pauly; Ricky asks Derynn to take their relationship to the next level; the dudes are given a lesson in pranking by the Prank War Champion.

Aired September 17, 2020.

Ummmmmmm yeah.  Trying to come up with something to say about this train wreak.  Nope, got nothing.

OH wait.  Pauly thinking it is ok to bed Nikki and not expect Fatal Attraction later on is very short sighted.  He did even need to take her on a date!

10 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Ummmmmmm yeah.  Trying to come up with something to say about this train wreak.  Nope, got nothing.

OH wait.  Pauly thinking it is ok to bed Nikki and not expect Fatal Attraction later on is very short sighted.  He did even need to take her on a date!

Marissa getting on my fucking nerves has outweighed all my other thoughts. Every fucking episode it's her saying she's over Brandon and he's a douche, he clearly states what his intentions are, she fucks him, he does not go back and what he said he wanted which is to just have fun and then she whines again 

Shut the fuck up!

Suzi, stop drinking so damn much if you are this much of an asshole when you are wasted.

• Love 1

Episode 16:

"What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas?"

On their last day in Vegas, Pauly and Nikki must make a difficult decision about their relationship; Vinny and Maria consider their future together; Derynn must decide if she will stay in Vegas for Pretty Ricky.

Airs September 24, 2020.

• LOL 1

You guuuuuuuyyyyyyys! Aren’t you so happy they all got hired at Dre’s?!?!? Eyeroll. 

I watch Love Island too (filmed at Dre’s converted pool club) so basically this past month-ish I’ve felt like a creepy resident living at the Linq. —- oh those crazy kids. 

Antonio Repeatedly stealing the eggs from Suzi was hilarious.

I’m very curious how this year affected all of them. Relationships and all. Notably if Pauly D went back to his usual self since Nicky is nowhere on the IG feed. 

• LOL 1
37 minutes ago, Refresh said:

You guuuuuuuyyyyyyys! Aren’t you so happy they all got hired at Dre’s?!?!? Eyeroll. 

I watch Love Island too (filmed at Dre’s converted pool club) so basically this past month-ish I’ve felt like a creepy resident living at the Linq. —- oh those crazy kids. 

Antonio Repeatedly stealing the eggs from Suzi was hilarious.

I’m very curious how this year affected all of them. Relationships and all. Notably if Pauly D went back to his usual self since Nicky is nowhere on the IG feed. 

I never thought I would want a reunion for this show but I am curious. Except for B Lashes. She could leave her laptop off.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Episode 17:

"Reunion Part 1"

Pauly D, Vinny, and the rest of the Vegas crew reunite virtually to break down all the hookups and blow ups from this season. Are Pauly and Nikki still together? Marissa calls out Derynn. Plus Mike “The Situation” stops by to drop some knowledge.

Airs October 1, 2020.

Anyone watch the reunion? So Nicki and Pauli still together, she moved right in after the show ended! Love in the time of covid. They look happy. I will say she came off so much better this season, less  hostile and crazy. Became nurturing to the group by cooking and cleaning constantly. Pauli used to be with Aubrey O'Day who is a spoiled brat. His biggest complaint was her dogs pooped every where in their apartment and she didn't clean up. Nicki fits his house fraus dreams.  They wasted time brining back the Situation and wife *yawn* Its a 2 parter, so no info on whether Vinnie still with Maria, or Brandon with Marissa, or Devyn and the stripper.  B Lashes has lighter hair now, but still the same scary contacts. Too much. Squeaky voiced Suzi looks like she has fresh lip injections and actually looked stupid with them. She is an RN IRL, I just don't get it. I guess shes not using that degree and instead is opting to be a blow up doll looking fame ho. Antonio is single, no surprise there... That's all I got!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Anyone watch the reunion? So Nicki and Pauli still together, she moved right in after the show ended! Love in the time of covid. They look happy. I will say she came off so much better this season, less  hostile and crazy. Became nurturing to the group by cooking and cleaning constantly. Pauli used to be with Aubrey O'Day who is a spoiled brat. His biggest complaint was her dogs pooped every where in their apartment and she didn't clean up. Nicki fits his house fraus dreams.  They wasted time brining back the Situation and wife *yawn* Its a 2 parter, so no info on whether Vinnie still with Maria, or Brandon with Marissa, or Devyn and the stripper.  B Lashes has lighter hair now, but still the same scary contacts. Too much. Squeaky voiced Suzi looks like she has fresh lip injections and actually looked stupid with them. She is an RN IRL, I just don't get it. I guess shes not using that degree and instead is opting to be a blow up doll looking fame ho. Antonio is single, no surprise there... That's all I got!

I literally screamed out "Fuck Off" when I saw part 1. These dragged out reunions are getting absurd.

• Love 1