Type keyword(s) to search

A Double Shot at Love with DJ Pauly D & Vinny - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I know very little about the Jersey Shore, except that I think I like The Situation the best out of all the guys and Vinny the least, but I am still going to be watching this because it seems like it will be like the old Celebreality shows. I don't think I'll ever love a season of any television show as much as I loved Daisy of Love.

• Love 5

Just saw another ad for this show, complete with close ups of both guys.  Vinny is not attractive at all.  And the haircut he fussed over so much in Florida, just looks like a bowl cut.  Pauly isn't too bad looking, but the hair!  He's now stuck with that hairstyle the rest of his life.  Yikes.

I was going to ask who'd go on that show, but yeah a famewhore is born every minute.....

• Love 2

Episode 1:

"Double Trouble"

Pauly and Vinny pull the ultimate prank on 20 women who think they are on a celebrity dating show. While some women take it all in stride, others crack under the pressure.

Airs April 11, 2019.

It was more entertaining than I thought it would be.  It is one of those train wrecks you can't help but continue watching.

I see all the Jersey Shore cast will be coming on to "help" Vinny and Pauly choose.  I see Uncle Nino (the perv) will be on too.  How much you want to bet Vinny's Mommy shows up too.

Those women!  Where the producers get them from is beyond me.  What a freakshow of crazies.

Pauly seems really comfortable around a bunch of women and knows how to handle himself.  Vinny is way out of his comfort zone and comes off as very awkward.

• Love 1

I only watched a few episodes of the very early “Jersey Shore”. But how have these guys managed to continue to appear on television 10 years later?  I didn’t find even the younger incarnations very appealing. You would think that after ten years of this kind of  fame, Vinnie would  be a bit “smoother”with girls.  Doubt I’ll be here for the whole season but they certainly casted a bunch of “ guidettes”.

• Love 2

Omg the makeup on the girl from Staten Island was horrendous! I also don't know why they cast a bunch of 22 year olds when the guys are in their 30's and supposedly ready to find someone serious.... I think Pauly D is close to 40 even.

• Love 3

Episode 2:

"Let's Get Ready to Rumble"

Sparks fly when first kisses for Pauly and Vinny make it clear which women are the favorites. Pauly and Vinny duke it out for the chance to take some of the women out on a date. Someone unexpectedly leaves the house.

Airs April 18, 2019.

1 hour ago, meggonzo said:

Who was eliminated?  I had to leave before the ceremony started.

Ashley I think her name was. But, the blonde woman that was constantly talking about THE BUSINESS and couldn't dance for shit.

• Love 2

I don’t watch the Bachelor very much but I have to ask - do the girls in the house usually leave before they are eliminated? This has happened two weeks in a row. Yoga girl must have realized that her “dancing” with beaver shots and posing made her look totally ridiculous and she would never redeem herself. Also, she wasn’t getting the attention she’s used to. Glad to see her gone.  I don’t think that Paulie is sincere about settling down with anyone, so I was glad he spoke to Nikki about not monopolizing him.

• Love 1

Episode 4:

"Hot Heads in Hot Tubs"

Pauly D shares a kiss with someone not named Nikki. Holly is desperately trying to make a connection, but is asking all the wrong questions. Victoria seems to be sleeping through the competition.

Airs April 25, 2019.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, Lusterleaf said:

Omg the makeup on the girl from Staten Island was horrendous!

Why do her cheeks look black? I’m so confused. I don’t really wear makeup so how does this happen? 

ETA it also looks like the shot glass backdrop is slowly drooping. The budg for this show is loooooow.

Edited by Refresh
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2019 at 3:11 AM, Kathy said:

These girls, yuck. 

Is there a single attractive one in the bunch?  We're supposed to believe that holier than thou Vinny is going to lower himself to being with a bottom of the barrel reality show contestant?

I about choked when Pauly said it was important that a girl be down to earth.  Oh, down to earth like Aubrey O'Day, Pauly?  I only hope he said that because he learned his lesson.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Refresh said:

Why do her cheeks look black? I’m so confused. I don’t really wear makeup so how does this happen? 

ETA it also looks like the shot glass backdrop is slowly drooping. The budg for this show is loooooow.

I'm guessing it's contour that wasn't blended well.  

This show has been boring so far.  It's no Rock of Love.

• Love 1

Episode 5:

"Swan Songs"

Pauly and Vinny look to explore new connections with the ladies but Nadya and Suzi seem more interested in their friendship with each other. Nikki starts a rumor which sends the house into a tailspin that Holly and Mish get swept up in.

Airs May 2, 2019.

Agree that this show is no “Rock of Love”. These girls are not cut out to shame themselves or fight over a guy. Does that say something about this generation of reality stars or are these snowflakes just too sensitive for this? I don’t remember as many of the ROL ladies crying and threatening to go home.  And why am I not only watching this but also trying to make a sociological statement about it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2019 at 3:13 PM, Kiki620 said:

Is there a single attractive one in the bunch?  We're supposed to believe that holier than thou Vinny is going to lower himself to being with a bottom of the barrel reality show contestant?

I about choked when Pauly said it was important that a girl be down to earth.  Oh, down to earth like Aubrey O'Day, Pauly?  I only hope he said that because he learned his lesson.  

I think Maria is genuinely gorgeous and every guy stops in their tracks when they see her whenever I happen to be watching this in the break room at work. Mostly everyone else, naw. But, Pauly and Vinnie aren't great catches. Even if many women seem to find Pauly really attractive. They aren't catches. But, most of the leads on these cable dating shows aren't. 

I feel like Pauly would only do this show if he could bring his best friend along. Vinnie is not a super catch and not cut out for this type of show. 

• Love 2

Episode 6:

"Make America Guido Again"

Pauly and Vinny face off in a presidential debate. The ladies vote for each other, resulting in tears. Nikki goes for broke and takes Pauly’s advice too far.

Airs May 9, 2019.

Episode 7:

"Hurricane Angelina"

Vinny and Pauly invite Angelina from Jersey Shore to the house to help them to figure out which lady is here for the right reasons. Angelina’s aggressive approach goes too far as two women fight and another is left in tears.

Airs May 16, 2019.

Obviously, this show isn’t provoking a lot of discussion. Besides the fact that I do not find Paulie or Vinnie particularly attractive or worthy of chasing; I’m not rooting for ANY of these girls.  All and all, a waste of an MTV show.

• Love 2

Episode 8:

"Roller Skating On Thin Ice"

When Vinny and Pauly decide to take the ladies roller skating—Marissa and B-Lashes try to step up their game. The women suspect Nikki is looking for attention.

Airs May 23, 2019.

I was a viewer who never missed a minute of all the trashtastic seasons of Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, I Love New York and so on. And I also never missed a minute of Jersey Shore. Therefore I soooo badly wanted to love this show, but it is just awful. Vinny and Pauly are so stiff and there are no girls to root for or hate watch, they all suck. I'm having a really hard time caring and that's breaking my "celebreality" nostalgic heart. 

• Love 4

I had to laugh because there was no way anyone but b lashes was going home because it was either her or one of the two women that want to date Vinnie. And I really think Maria is cool if nothing happens. It really could have just been Pauly's show. 

I don't agree that Pauly is stiff and what not. He's pretty fun and easy to talk to. Vinnie is stiff as shit though.

This will not reignite the flavorverse and I'm sad about that.

I could have seen them sending home Holly too. I would have been surprised if Alysse was sent home because who else would be left for Vinny except Maria. What show was Maria on where she had her heart broken on national TV? Not sure what to think of Elle making out with Pauly, since she seemed to be Vinny's front-runner.

2 hours ago, meggonzo said:

I could have seen them sending home Holly too. I would have been surprised if Alysse was sent home because who else would be left for Vinny except Maria. What show was Maria on where she had her heart broken on national TV? Not sure what to think of Elle making out with Pauly, since she seemed to be Vinny's front-runner.

Are you the one

She was in the first matched couple of season. The goal is to figure out who your perfect match is among strangers. 

But, on the reunion it was revealed that the guy she matched with had a girlfriend and I think a kid before he even came on the show. So he wasn't even single going in.

• Love 1

Episode 9:

"Pack Your Baggage"

The ladies confront their relationship baggage, test out their maternal instincts during a day with Pauly's "daughter" and pack for a trip on a private jet with the guys.

Aired May 30, 2019.

Episode 10:

"DJs to PJs"

The ladies jet set to Houston to get the DJ Pauly nightlife experience and then home with Vinny for a not-so-quiet slumber party on Staten Island. The women are surprised when Snooki stops by for dinner.

Airs June 6, 2019.

(edited)

I like Brittney but honestly, isn’t her 16 year old daughter totally freaked out that her mother would be on such a low budget, cheesy dating show?  Plus, she looks so much classier than these guido Gil’s that she appears out of place. Maybe she auditioned for that rich girl single mom show & they gave her this instead.

Edited by Caseysgirl
Not teen mom
  • Love 1
On 6/6/2019 at 9:29 PM, Caseysgirl said:

I like Brittney but honestly, isn’t her 16 year old daughter totally freaked out that her mother would be on such a low budget, cheesy dating show?  Plus, she looks so much classier than these guido Gil’s that she appears out of place. Maybe she auditioned for that rich girl single mom show & they gave her this instead.

She's still too aged out of that other show.

I think they had her on file for any Viacom owned dating show and just threw her on this.

She makes sense as a cast member in that she's in the age range Paulie "should" be going for with the laid back vibes that Vinnie "should" be going for.

But, people never go for the most logical choice on these shows.

• Love 2

Episode 11:

"In Da Club...With Your Parents"

Ronnie and Jenni stop by to put the women to the test, literally. Pauly and Vinny put their best foot forward when meeting their potential future in-laws.

Airs June 13, 2019.

So I got sucked into watching the most recent episode of this silliness. The five remaining girls are all beautiful. I'm not hating any of them, really. From what I could gauge, seems Nikki's got it bad for Pauly, and Derryn is ready to lock down her future with whichever one will have her. Gotta admire a woman with goals. 😛

Of course, now I have to keep watching and see who "wins". 

I'm surprised Elle is still there since she's kissed both of them and they're not even sure which one of them that she's into. I knew both of them weren't into Brittney, I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did. Btw in the new episode preview, Ronnie's teeth look ridiculous.

I was surprised Brittany lasted longer than Suzy and Marissa, since both of them kissed Pauly, and I couldn't even tell you if Brittany was into either Pauly or Vinny.

Not surprised that Elle is still there, but I may have kicked her off for that weird white short outfit at the last elimination.  

So it's basically Nikki vs. Derryn for Pauly, and Alysse vs. Maria for Vinny, with Elle as spoiler.

On 6/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, Lusterleaf said:

I'm surprised Elle is still there since she's kissed both of them and they're not even sure which one of them that she's into. I knew both of them weren't into Brittney, I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did. Btw in the new episode preview, Ronnie's teeth look ridiculous.

This is why I think they'll dump her next.  Both guys "want" someone who wants only them.

Episode 12:

"You Can't Handle the Truth"

Jenni and Ronnie put the ladies in the hot seat to figure out who is telling the truth and who is telling lies. Pauly and Vinny go on a marathon of dates as they try to narrow it down to the final four ladies.

Airs June 20, 2019.

11 hours ago, Treehugger9 said:

I cannot believe that Vinnie got rid of Maria. I had her pegged as the winner. I no long care who wins (let's be real, I barely cared before).

I did too! Until I watched them on their date tonight, when they couldn't get romantic because they couldn't stop laughing every time they tried to kiss, even after about a dozen attempts. 

1 hour ago, PoppyMae said:

I did too! Until I watched them on their date tonight, when they couldn't get romantic because they couldn't stop laughing every time they tried to kiss, even after about a dozen attempts. 

Yeah, they have great homies chemistry. And I don't think Maria is actually ready for a relationship right now. He actually made the smart choice in the long run. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I can’t figure out why Elle is on this show at all. She apparently comes from an upper middle class background ( wasn’t her mother a lawyer or something); she’s very pretty, has a nice figure, she has a good education and is a talented artist. She surely has no interest in these two Guidos  so is this show suppose to propel her into a major career in show business or instagram sales?

Edited by Caseysgirl
Deleted a word

Episode 13:

"The Final Shot"

Season Finale: When Pauly and Vinny’s moms come for a visit, the pressure is on for the women to make the best first impressions. Pauly and Vinny decide who they want to take a shot at love with.

Airs June 27, 2019.

Well, we all know that this as never going to provide Paulie and Vinnie with wives,but  I expected they would at least pretend for the reunion that they went on ONE date before the inevitable ghosting. Now MTV, never do this again. It was barely entertaining & I don’t want to be responsible for one more minute of the Jersey Shore people gaining something for being themselves.