Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Modern Families

• Start Topic

Why is it whenever these PR designers have to design for anyone other than a size 0 model, they lose their damn minds? EVERYTHING was FUGLY...

.... except maybe Bidell's teen girl's dress (without the ridiculous bows on the leggings) and maybe Michelle's teen girl's dress, or maybe Dmitri's black dress -- but all of them could easily be found at any local J.C. Penney or Macy's. It was insultingly bad, and all the "family" people were doing their level best to keep suppressing their urge to vomit.

And it was hilarious watching the judges pretend it was "all star" level design. I can't believe nobody talked about the crotch of that little boy's pants. For the "curvy" women, it seemed like they were deliberately trying to make them look heavier, if anything! Irina's maroon and black skirt thing! The clothes looked like they  did not fit right, the proportions were nauseating, and most of them looked very "homemade."

And the styling! There were some very very bad choices. Even the hairstyle choices were not good.

If the challenge was meant to please the judges and not the clients, they should have made that clear from the get-go. I think the designers were confused about who they were designing for: usually you're supposed to please the client. Being unclear about that sent them all off into confused hideousness.

I can't believe the judges didn't burst into incredulous laughter when Dmitri's male person came down the runway in that odious ensemble. Wtf was that supposed to be, some kind of uniform?

As the years go on, the bar gets lower and lower on PR. From one season to another, the only designers I can remember are the ones who stand out for being particularly bad. I used to try to watch with an open mind to try to see what the judges were looking for, to learn a little bit about what constitutes good fashion design these days. Now it's all just blowing smoke up our asses to carry off the fiction that is this show. It's a joke and I have no idea why I keep watching.

• Love 5

Of course they couldn't decide who to cut.  Can't possibly make the hard decision of who's the worst.  Also, what kind of "International All-Star Competition" ends up with a final four of three Americans and one Canadian?  I am so over this!  I kind of liked Michelle's wild print (sorry!) and kind of hated Irina's big pink shirt. 

On 3/20/2019 at 8:10 PM, Ashforth said:

Dimitri or Irina should have been eliminated, in my opinion.

Agreed.  That blouse and pants Dimitri made was horrendous.  It made the mom look SO big.  She looked so uncomfortable.  The boys sweater pullover was sad. That triangle design on the front was not even tacked down.  There was one camera angle where the point at the bottom was starting to curl away.  Irina just bugs me.  I got a feeling watching that they're going to give her the win and it irritated me.  Some of her clothes are very nice, but her attitude sours me.

• Love 1

When they couldn't eliminate Biddle, they had to justify keeping everyone so Isaac goes to "we should judge the whole season."  When they showed highlights of each designer over the season it really struck me how limited Dimitri's designs seemed to be this season and how mixed the results and fabrics of Michelle's designs have been.  

I don't know if it's just the time limits or that the designers really don't have knew ideas, but there have been very few designs from the season that have wowed me, and I want to be wowed!

• Love 6

Hearing Alyssa critiquing proportion issues gave me the best laugh of the night considering her numerous appearances on PRAS looking like the poster child for that problem.

Was Alyssa wearing a macaroni necklace during the runway portion?  It looked like it was made from rigatoni.

Edited by ichbin
necklace
  • Love 5

Does anyone else remember the "Dancing Itos" on Jay Leno's the Tonight Show during the OJ Simpson trial?  Judge Ito was the judge and they had a dance troupe of men who looked kind of like him.  (And a Marcia Clark look alike in the photo below.)

today-dancing-itos-140611_26b0d6d0a98854After listening to Isaac simper and make a version of Googoo eyes over several seasons of PRA, I think we are due a version of the Dancing Isaacs, with an ill dressed Alyssa as their special guest. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Does anyone else remember the "Dancing Itos" on Jay Leno's the Tonight Show during the OJ Simpson trial?  Judge Ito was the judge and they had a dance troupe of men who looked kind of like him.  (And a Marcia Clark look alike in the photo below.)

today-dancing-itos-140611_26b0d6d0a98854After listening to Isaac simper and make a version of Googoo eyes over several seasons of PRA, I think we are due a version of the Dancing Isaacs, with an ill dressed Alyssa as their special guest. 

Seriously the funniest thing I’ve heard in a while, and it needs to happen!!!

I kind of rolled my eyes when Alyssa stated that she couldn't do the show/make it through the show if she wasn't able to go home and be with her family every day.  I think it's a Hollywood/celebrity problem when working a few hours (for her as host, not the designers) she just needs to get home and be with her family after her exhausting and grueling work.

• LOL 2
On 3/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, TVbitch said:

it was delightful to hear Dmitry's parents say his Russian name. Did anybody catch what it was?

Dimochka! It's a diminutive form of Dmitry. I giggled when I heard it because his parents were so cute.

Was Alyssa wearing a macaroni necklace during the runway portion?  It looked like it was made from rigatoni.

That's what I thought too! If it wasn't actual rigatoni, it was definitely made to look like it. I was very distracted during the judging trying to figure it out. I hope it was!

Edited by Cherpumple
Forgot to add something
  • Love 2
On 3/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, Fellaway said:

He's been wearing those coveralls a lot this season. I'd gotten to the point where I never wanted to see them again, then he comes in in the short shorts and I'm like where are those coveralls when you need them?

No kidding!

On 3/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, stormy weather said:

I think the whole of Dmitry's family hated his outfits with a passion, and rightly so.

His mom who "didn't wear dresses" and was given that hideous velvet top-- there was no way in hell that was her kind of style, and it showed when she walked it.

• Love 1
On 3/21/2019 at 6:57 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I laughed when Michelle said she had the best chance for winning this challenge because she makes normal clothes for her clients. You call the crap you make "normal" yet you always go on and on about how your clothes are different and unique? Okay. Dylan was adorable, but his head to toe black outfit (jumpsuit) was so boring, especially from a distance. I'm glad she listened when Danuta said the black pants were boring and she switched back to the brightly colored pants since her client clearly was not happy. She was hilarious confidently dancing down the runway. Dagmara's striped dress looked so big and baggy and ill fitting. The three looks/fabrics went together at all.

As soon as Michelle's family was introduced, I KNEW Danuta would want color.  Look at Polish traditional textiles.  Look at Polish churches.  Look at photos of Polish babushkas.  Color, especially bright flowers.  I think Michelle's color choice was good, but the pattern was difficult in that large of sections.  Danuta, while thrilled to be in bright colors, looked like a Star Trek alien ambassador.   Dylan could have been the mechanic on Danuta's shuttle craft.

It was a tight race as to who should have gone home.  Dmitri's sad outfit for the young man was leading the race to the bottom, but I really still think Michelle should have been shown the door.

• Love 5