Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Jeanne's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope. 

• Start Topic

Jeanne lives in an unhygienic household with her mother and schizophrenic father. At well over 600 lbs., Jeanne may never get weight-loss surgery as she runs into several obstacles, especially after an unexpected death in her family. 

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast and West Coast showings. 

Original air date 2019_03_13

Given what we've seen in other episodes, how bad does her house have to be for TLC to call it "unhygienic"?  Is this a crossover episode with Hoarders?  Will there be a bathtub full of used diapers?  Food that is a decade past its used by date?  Various creatures and critters sharing the homestead with Jeanne and her family? You may want to adjust your eating habit accordingly.  (Or it's hyperbole and her house will look like the many we have seen.) 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

Hi all! Sometimes this show triggers in me a craving for fast food (McDonald's, specifically), which I gave in to on Friday evening, and which I greatly regretted come mid-morning on Saturday. Suffice to say, even ginger ale and water were too much for my stomach to handle most of the day. So my eating habit so far this week has been rather light. (Tonight I had grilled cheese and some grape Gatorade G2, which tastes like grape Kool-Aid and which I drank out of a wine glass because why not?) But I am feeling much better and am ready to snack, er, snark!

IMG_2491.JPG

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Hi Pounders! How y'all doing? How's everyone's eating habit? I had a chicken sandwich I got for free from a caterer I ordered lunch from for a meeting. They have a policy of giving a freebie to the person who orders! Woo hoo! Followed by some chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream I baked on Sunday. Yum. 

• Love 12

Hi all!  I had roast rabbit with roast veggies (brussels sprouts, carrots and potatoes).  I had my wrist surgery on Friday and I am typing one-handed but I am with you and hoping for a train wreck!

• Love 13

Good evening gang,the description sounds like we are in for it tonight ? Thank God for DVR and the FF button..

Edited by AVM
  • Love 3

Sorry my fellow pounders.  I can’t take seeing dogs living in this environment. I’m done for the night. Happy snarking. I will see you next week.

• Love 4

A majority of the woman seem to be abnormally short, or with abnormally short legs, even after they successfully lose weight. Do you think that contributes to them ending up at 600 lbs or just the subset that is willing to go in TV and shower and toilet in front of cameras? Exceptions to the rule are the Ashley’s.

Edited by Wanda
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Between the dogs, the mess, the potty, and her description of bathing, I don't even want to think about what that house smells like.

Oh, please do!!  You don't have a scratch and sniff tv?!?!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

This looks like its going to be a rough one tonight.  My eating habit was some carb rich chicken penne pasta salad & coleslaw.  I'm glad that I ate a couple of hours ago, b/c what I've seen already is making me lose any appetite I might have had.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hi Pounders!  I have a lage glass of unsweetened iced tea and a Pop Tart for my eating habit.  

"Go potty?"  Srsly?  And did she take the entire breakfast buffet from the Holiday Inn with extra sodium????

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Yes, she did!  To be almost 40 and still use the term, go potty!!  Yikes!

I didn't even use that with the kids I used to babysit.

Salting her food directly from the canister.

• Love 1