Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11 Reevaluation Realness

• Start Topic

It has been my experience that it is incredibly difficult for folks that don’t have a level of discomfort with their physical presentation in public to understand why one wouldn’t just wear leggings,a bikini, the color red, etc.

It is my understanding that folks who don’t want to draw attention to themselves in public favor garments towards that end, especially with consideration to the area of the body they feel most uncomfortable about.  Sometimes, the anxiety level is insurmountable and folks just opt out of going to social things like a shopping trip with a friend.

I think Noelle is blessed to have Jazz as a friend~even if it means Jazz is further along on her journey and can wear leggings in public with confidence.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I think Noelle is blessed to have Jazz as a friend~even if it means Jazz is further along on her journey and can wear leggings in public with confidence.

I did think it was sweet to watch the two of them Odd Coupling their way through that shopping trip. We’ve seen so much of Jazz being completely self-absorbed, Jazz telling Noelle she would buy leggings “one day” could have come off as condescending but she really did seem encouraging and happy for her friend!

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's sad is that just yesterday, Noelle posted that she no longer had the money for bottom surgery. 😢

That's so sad, I actually like Noelle a lot better than Jazz.

I felt sorry for her during the leggings shopping trip and thought she was probably there to earn a little extra money from TLC even though she can't wear leggings yet and had to once again be a cheerleader for everything Jazz.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Can an 18 year old actually sign a rental lease? Also, does Jazz own her own car? I suppose so as spoiled as she is.

I don't know about the age but maybe that's why Jazz wants to rent it with her older sister?

6 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Can an 18 year old actually sign a rental lease? Also, does Jazz own her own car? I suppose so as spoiled as she is.

I keep wondering too if she owns a car.

I thought I heard Janette say Jazz  didnt  have one when they were discussing  her wanting to move out when they were sitting on the parent's bed. I think Greg was listing things Jazz would be responsible for & he said car insurance & I thought Janette said she didn't even own a car. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Yes, an 18 years old can sign a lease.  Under certain limited circumstances so can a 17 year old (if they are emancipated, married or in the military) but Jazz was none of those when she looking at the apartment .  I think that is part of the reason for trying to talk Ari into renting it with her, as Ari was an adult,  but I don't know if Ari had the money to rent a $2500 month apartment so I doubt they would have gotten it.  Or, Jeanette could have co-signed the lease with her, but that wasn't going to happen.  I am sure that whatever car Jazz has been driving was not her responsibility as her dad mentioned she would have to pay for her car and for insurance on the car when she moved out.

17 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Why couldn't they wear a looser leggings and a bigger overshirt?  I know male ice skaters dancers and gymnasts wear variations of leggings/ snug fitting garments (and I've been told male gymnasts and dancers don't wear cups) Jazz is always wearing those caftan looking big blouses which can hide a multitude of challenges, including bulges of all types. 

Jazz certainly could have, but I guess she may not have felt comfortable about it (either emotionally or physically);  in a way it seemed like a reward for the "bottom surgery" which to me was surprising as Jazz is not usually associated with deferring gratification.   Noelle doesn't seem to be into wearing the tunics and muumuus that Jazz likes so I can see her not being at all comfortable with wearing leggings at this point.   So sorry to hear she can't have the surgery at this point;  I know not everyone wants the surgery, but Joelle has seemed very definite about wanting it.   Noelle seems so much more mature than Jazz;  I wonder how much older she is.

I am going to start referring to Jeanette as "Fluffy."

Edited by Twopper
adding final sentence
  • Love 1

Jazz's BFF gang who were drilling Amir a few weeks ago about his future plans - what are they going to after HS- work or college? I would think Jazz would join in on their bandwagon if only to have people her age/year in school to go to college with.  she does have brothers in college ,but since they are 2-3 yrs in, I suspect they have and probably enjoying college without sharing that spotlight with her.

I'm all for a gap year , if she uses that time to develop life skills other than the platform she's been on.  Just enjoy being a teenager/young adult even if that means working a summer, min wage job or entry level job. In her case (since she is so involved in other pursuits and still might listen to other adults/ HS counselors) , apply, get accepted somewhere and then defer admission. 

Did her sister go ahead with her plans to live on her own? 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:18 PM, winsomeone said:

yes on the lease. Esp. in a area near a large university.

But the question might also be income/credit/personal references history. Some of the large and newer complexes do more digging and have more rental requirements almost as extensive as getting a mortgage . A private owner who is renting out their dwelling might offer some flexibility.

If not - I'm sure Jazz can whine to someone in her family to co-sign for her. 

Edited by sATL
8 hours ago, sATL said:

I'm sure Jazz can whine to someone in her family to co-sign for her. 

I am going to go out on a limb here since we know she is about to turn 18.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jeanette (aka Fluffy, thanks to her own mother's remark) has rented or bought Jazz a condo for her 18th birthday, especially if she won't be starting college in the fall.  

On 3/12/2019 at 10:08 PM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I actually regret watching this episode. Jazz is a "spoiled fairy princess" millenial who just got a brand-new vagina to play with and since she's a TV star, she wants an apartment on the beach --not a dorm room. 

Yawwwwn...

As a Millennial, I have to note here that she is actually Gen Z. Millennials are now 23 on the lowest end but pushing 40 on the upper. 

On 3/17/2019 at 4:18 PM, Twopper said:

I am going to go out on a limb here since we know she is about to turn 18.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jeanette (aka Fluffy, thanks to her own mother's remark) has rented or bought Jazz a condo for her 18th birthday, especially if she won't be starting college in the fall.  

All they have to do is rent an Air B&B for two weeks or so. Wouldn't be a big deal at all, no obligation or lease. They've done it for the adults with Down Syndrome on Born This Way to give them a taste of independent living and what all it entails. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, corgster said:

As a Millennial, I have to note here that she is actually Gen Z. Millennials are now 23 on the lowest end but pushing 40 on the upper. 

All they have to do is rent an Air B&B for two weeks or so. Wouldn't be a big deal at all, no obligation or lease. They've done it for the adults with Down Syndrome on Born This Way to give them a taste of independent living and what all it entails. 

I appreciate your distinction, I can’t keep track of who is Gen this or that nowadays! Thank you.

As for the Air BnB, IMO and with this particular teen, a 2-4 week crash pad is essentially a Spring Break situation. If she can’t get her ass out of bed, keep her one room clean and tidy, make healthy meals, clean the bathroom, etc., then she isn’t ready to live on her own. Her Whitney BS reply was “I don’t know WHY I can’t do those thighs here but I just can’t!”, and it was all said with the petulance of a bratty 6 year old who can’t get what they want.

The more I think about it, the more I think I want another season to see how Jazz handles college, because I think she’ll get more pushback from her peers in college and they won’t roll over and play the chorus to her dog and pony show. Also, less Jeanette. Alas, I still want more grandparents!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I appreciate your distinction, I can’t keep track of who is Gen this or that nowadays! Thank you.

As for the Air BnB, IMO and with this particular teen, a 2-4 week crash pad is essentially a Spring Break situation. If she can’t get her ass out of bed, keep her one room clean and tidy, make healthy meals, clean the bathroom, etc., then she isn’t ready to live on her own. Her Whitney BS reply was “I don’t know WHY I can’t do those thighs here but I just can’t!”, and it was all said with the petulance of a bratty 6 year old who can’t get what they want.

The more I think about it, the more I think I want another season to see how Jazz handles college, because I think she’ll get more pushback from her peers in college and they won’t roll over and play the chorus to her dog and pony show. Also, less Jeanette. Alas, I still want more grandparents!

FWIW, I've always read that the 1995-96 cut off for Milliennials has largely to do with 9/11. The idea being, "If you were old enough to have actual, sustained memories of 9/11." As someone born in 1990, I sure do. May help to remember!

Totally agree, though, that a short-term stay anywhere will just feel like a vacation. The responsibilities will pile up long term. I would be interested to see another season of college life, as well. It's quite different from high school, and usually more accepting population with less bullying. But only if we get to see Jeanette running wild as an empty nester lol

• Love 2