Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E05 & S38.E06: It's Like the Worst Cocktail Party Ever

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Ah, Aubrey. I like her, but that was some embarrassingly naive play.

Still not liking Pippi Longstocking. I give her props for orchestrating a good blindside, but she is way too smug and self-satisfied for my taste. Her first impression (“how could I even start looking for an idol?”) still lingers, so she’s got a long way to go before she convinces me of her brilliance.

For me, tonight’s biggest surprise was learning how many players I’ve never heard of. There’s a Gavin? An Eric? A Julie and a Julia? 

I enjoyed watching the Island of Misfit Toys. But it kind of made me wish this twist had happened last season, when nearly every player was likable and someone you wouldn’t mind seeing return to the game. I’m fine with spending more time with Aubrey, Chris, or even Ron Burgundy, but everyone else can really just go away, IMO.

Yeah, I kind of felt that way about Eric/Gavin, too-just a little too smug.  Something about Gavin just bugs the hell out of me, and I can't figure out what it is.  And now I'm questioning whether this was even Victoria's idea or if it was the boys who made her be the trojan horse.  I still can't get over last week with Joe being behind her, as she's talking about voting him out.  I guess I'm just not on the "they already played and don't deserve to be here again" mentality that some of the newbies have.  I know anytime there've been a mix of vets/newbies in the past we all talk about how stupid they are for letting the vets get far.  But I don't know, this group just seems kind of entitled about it.  And like it's a big move.  Aubry's come back three times.  The way this season is going I'd say 1, maybe 2 players, would be asked back.  If it's a newbie/vet season hopefully they have the same attitude of the newbies wanting them off.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

At least the 2nd TC was interesting, the first was the same crap we’ve been getting.

What is the point of The Edge of Extinction? It’s so boring, all these people do is wonder what is going on, the show needs to at least give them a hint so that they have some purpose. Reem is a total idiot, yes you moron, you did give that thing away. Pointing & saying “what is that?” is giving it away, no wonder you were the first person voted off. Also, I hate Keith.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

At next year's Emmys.

And the winner for Best Indigenous Animal in a Reality Show is:

Free Chicken for "Upstaging Aubrey's Confessional" in Survivor: Edge of Extinction.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7

I got to say that Wendy has driven me up the wall before but I really enjoyed her tonight. 

She said getting voted out wouldn't upset her and she was true to her word.  Totally happy and trippy the whole time in a hilarious way.  Comparing her next to freaking out, sad nearly crying, totally a mess Lauren during that tribal made her come off well.

Then the comment about the getting to have a cheeseburger now from our newly minted vegetarian who apparently did not read her Veggies 'R' Us Handbook very thoroughly was funny.  Then she followed that up by her bit about wandering off the path and getting lost with the great camera shot of nothing but jungle in the picture with no Wendy.  Then happily chucking away her desire to become a carnivore again by cheerfully grabbing the torch and going off to drive the exiles bonkers on the isle of the woeful and angry.

Got to hand it to her.  She was runner up to Free Chicken in making me laugh tonight.

Edited by green
  • LOL 8
  • Love 15

Brain-slack as Joe is, I was surprised to see he actually stumbled across the one pitch which could save him and carry him far into the game (a Yama 5 alliance); pity he didn’t have the chops to successfully deploy it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GaT said:

Reem is a total idiot, yes you moron, you did give that thing away. Pointing & saying “what is that?” is giving it away

Flashback to Easter's past when Reem learned saying "What's that bright colored thing doing in the downspout?" wasn't the best way to win the family egg search...

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

I was stunned at how easily Aubrey was reeled in. I know that she was feeling desperate for an alliance but that was too easy. And the outpouring of affection at tribal...every player was saying nice things and I was sure that would make her aware enough to pull out the idol. JT level, indeed. Hope she gets back in and redeems herself.

Wendy's glee at getting voted out was amusing as was her "I'm lost" wanderings away tribal. How does that happen? Now we just have to watch Reem's head literally explode as she deals with her. Reem is so bitter and hostile. Her reaction to Chris stating the obvious was outrageous. I hope Chris is a light sleeper- I'd be nervous if I was him.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, green said:

At next year's Emmys.

And the winner for Best Indigenous Animal in a Reality Show is:

Free Chicken for "Upstaging Aubrey's Confessional" in Survivor: Edge of Extinction.

“Accepting on behalf of the Kluk Tribe will be Mark Jr....” - swear to GOD that was hilarious. If that had been me in that particular TH, the last thing the TV audience would’ve seen would have been me picking up the nearest big damn stick and saying to the cameraman, “Er - would you excuse me for a moment, please...?”  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

The Ron Clark Dance Academy strikes again! Glad they showed a little snippet of the tribal dance move, which I have been waiting for them to break out before challenges. Or even after, when they win.

Also in the tease category -- Wardog finally getting targeted. That would have been an easy way to get him out. But no. I did laugh when WW mentioned how he was a litle Tony V. So glad when people seem to hear what's being shouted at the TV screen.

Aubrey--I liked her in her original season, haven't been as enamored of her since. Surprised she didn't try to grab the chicken. Then was even more surprised when she made that comment at TC about having her black cats. Why not say "puppet" or "minion"? Just as condescending and erroneous. She was really gracious in her exit.

How did Keith's mad scramble for the advantage not put him in the crosshairs of Reem's rage? Instead, she rewards him by giving him the one that she pointed out. BTW,  I fear for her kids after seeing the way she was going after Chris. 

Julia and PeeinthePark finally get tons of screentime! Wondering if they showed Joe's convo with her as something that will lead to her undoing. "People see me as a threat!"

Agree with poster upthread--where was the convo between Rick and Aubrey? What was his reasoning for giving the advantage to her?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Nashville said:

he last thing the TV audience would’ve seen would have been me picking up the nearest big damn stick and saying to the cameraman, “Er - would you excuse me for a moment, please...?”

Exactly, I guess she didn't want to add to the frustration by missing catching the taunting chicken on camera as well. It reminded me of the moments that Bugs or another cartoon would pull down a screen over the TV that would say something like 'Be Right Back!" and all you'd hear was all hell breaking loose. In this case we'd come back to said character with an already fully prepared chicken ready to feast on.

33 minutes ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

was even more surprised when she made that comment at TC about having her black cats. Why not say "puppet" or "minion"? Just as condescending and erroneous.

I hadn't thought of it that way until you mention it... I was just dazzled by the storytelling scene she was laying out. Blindsides are magic.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

As soon as Jeff said "you'll be voting together for one person" I was shouting "VOTE FOR WENDY!" at the screen.  I'm pleased nobody is such a moron that that ironclad plan would fail.  After Brad Culpeper fucked up what should have been a sure thing in Game Changers, you never know what these idiots might do.  (Malcolm was 100% Brad's fault, JT's humiliating demise was the next tribal, not playing his idol when there was no reason whatsoever to imagine it would be anybody but himself.  No, don't argue with me, you're wrong.)

Very happy Kelley has an idol (instead of Wardog), very happy Lauren is safe (and held her ground without wasting her idol), very happy Victoria is a player (I have someone to root for at last!), very happy Wendy is out.  I didn't mind her that much as a person, although the baldly playing for Sia money grates, but when Aubry comes with a "let's not vote out you" plan, you jump on that shit.  Even if you're not actually going along with it because you're blindsiding Aubry.  She's just lucky Aubry was even stupider than she is, and didn't catch on to how freaking obvious it was that something was up.  The only person in that interaction not a total goddamn moron is Victoria.  Too bad it doesn't matter how bad at the game all these people are and they're still around to annoy me with their stupidness some more.

The EDGE OF EXTINCTION is such a waste of time and so boring.  If I wanted to watch people fiddling around with clues and looking for buried treasures, I'd watch some Twitch streamer playing Monkey Island.  It is a reassuring Survivor Fact (I think?) that nobody has ever been voted out and won: Burton and Lil did not, Matt and Andrea did not, Ozzy did not, Laura and Tina did not.  Hopefully this will continue to be the case, but it means that all this time we spend with them is time wasted.  It is hilarious that they sent Aubry the advantage for no reason, although I guess she keeps her extra vote like she keeps her idol.  But I have no desire to see any of these people back in the game.

They need to stop with the three-tribe swap thing because the third tribe is always at such a disadvantage.  This has been like Angkor Tribe all over again.  They can't compete because they're all collapsing with hunger.  I feel completely certain they threw in this double tribal thing entirely because they knew Lesser Tribe was going to totally fail and they needed to do something to spice it up.

On the other hand I must totally disagree with those who think it was a bad idea to throw the challenge to vote out Joe??? Of course that's a good idea???  It's fire-making F4 bullshit Survivor; you can't let Joe get to the merge.  Throw it!  Get him out of there!  Oh my God you'll have to be hungry for three days or whatever -- you'll be eating well the rest of your life on the dividends from that million dollar prize.  Not voting someone out because they're a "provider" is insane.

You guys will find anybody smug; well, any woman.  Wink or no wink, "cute as a bug hipster strategist" is my kind of player.  Of course that probably means she'll be voted out right away, but I'm going to enjoy Victoria as long as I have her.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I wish David would wear a jock strap.

I wish Gavin would wear a jock strap. #DatAssDemThighsJustSayin.

I imagine Wardog's poor performances in the challenges are due to undernourishment, but even Lauren who's constantly sick from the rice is doing better than him. I would have been perfectly fine if they voted against him and Lauren used her idol to nullify the votes against her, causing him to get voted out by the other Lesus just for being self-deluded and insufferable.

Edited by DMike82
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

ETA: Just read an interview with Jeff over at EW, and he said Aubry's idol and advantage are no good, even if she re-enters the game.

Sheesh.  They throw every other twist and advantage at them--why not let them keep the advantages they have even when they're booted from the game?  If they bring back EOE in the future, that'll probably be what they do next.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, DMike82 said:

I imagine Wardog's poor performances in the challenges are due to undernourishment

Not really in the bola toss.  He acted like he didn't know how to throw a baseball.  Like he was from some European soccer only country with no clue how to throw properly at all.  That inability had nothing to do with nourishment or lack thereof.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

My son is in Cub Scouts, he is a Tiger. My Husband and I kind of chuckle at what the kids have to do to earn their belt loops (Cub Scouts get belt loops, Scouts get Merit badges). I was looking at what the Wolves have to do for some of their loops. One of the requirements is to stand 5 feet from someone and play catch. We determined that Dan had not been a Wolf because any kid who can earn that belt loop would throw better then Dan did. I mean, come on man. He sent one throw backwards. Backwards! It was freaking gold and the type of performance that should have prevented a tribal council because he should have been voted out on the spot for being so completely and utterly inept.

And then Dan had the balls to complain to Lauren that David was useless and only Lauren and Dan had been pulling their weight in the challenges. He who threw the freaking ball backwards and she who is just about inept. We scared the dogs with the intensity of our laughter.

I found the EoE footage far more entertaining then the actual game play. No one is tryign to win a popularity contest. Keith is running off with his map while the others eat rice. Reem is pointing out mysterious items in the water so that other people can get them. Chris is bitching about Reem being an idiot. Reem is bitching about Chris bitching about her being an idiot. Rick gave his secret advantage to Aubry and then got to great her when she joined them on the island. Why didn't we get to see that by the way? Rick's eye roll would have been awesome. Or a confessional from Rick "I gave her an extra vote for gods sake."

Victoria and her tribe played that perfectly. Aubrey goes home with am idol and an advantage in her bag. You knew she was going home based on the amount of time they spent on discussing how she wasn't going to use what she had because she felt good. The original Kama played that perfectly. And they did a good job with the merged tribal council. Wendy was the easy pick for a number of reasons. 1) she is eccentric 2) she is unpredictable 3) she admitted that she still wasn't able to stab people in the back. For the original Kama it made sense, they still have connections with Kama. Voting off Wendy meant there was no risk of drawing rocks and they got rid of someone they couldn't trust.

But man did I want Dan to go home. He thinks he is a challenge beast and a brilliant strategist and he is neither of those things.

Edited by ProfCrash
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

I didn't find Rick giving Aubry the advantage that surprising. The guy's tightest alliance was with David -- he clearly hasn't gotten the "all returning players are scum and must die" memo. His choices were Wendy (which speaks to their level of closeness), three Kamas he's never heard of, and Aubry.

5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Something about Gavin just bugs the hell out of me, and I can't figure out what it is. 

Angelina had the nerve to say Gavin is a cross between Nick and Adam, which I don't see at all. I think he's more Nick and Donathan myself.

Is Wardog that horrible poker player from Gabon resurrected? Jean Claude or something? He was the same do-nothing, strategize-all-the-time, this-is-only-a-game-for-my-amusement type of jerk, if I recall correctly. Poker players really can be the most obnoxious Survivor players (this includes Tyson and until-he-got-married Boston Rob).

• Love 4

2 hours of Survivor is always good, but this season still sits in the middle of the 'mediocre' category.  Too much and too little going on simultaneously. 

EoE has been a big fat bust, nothing happening and leaving us even less time to decipher the choppy editing. It's a shame Reem was the first one there, she has set the tone at sullen, angry and resentful  and it sure looks like no one else's arrival has been able to change that. Ugh, what a petty, nasty little person she is. Her only skill seems to be holding a grudge. I say kudos to Keith for finally showing some initiative, so of course they all tried to shut him down. And yes, Reem, you can scream until a blood vessel bursts in your brain, but you did hand that advantage to Keith, in a very public and stupid way. But sure, keep alienating every person you meet, everyone knows that's how you win Survivor, isn't it? 

Warthog sure is useless. Can't swim, no strength, can't throw. He's a triple no-threat!

I'm sorry they've let the whispering thing take root at TC. Just like I was sorry when stealing people's stuff became an accepted thing. But that's the game now. Why even bother with a TC if it's only going to be people having secret convos we're not privy to? Let'em do that back at camp, then they can just vote. Hell, they might as well not even have a TC, just let'em vote at camp if TC's going to be no different from camp life -- I mean, what's the point?

I'm left hoping this is one of those seasons that takes off after the merge. We'll see....

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

And the Saddest Tribe Ever actually won a Challenge. Not quite "Miracle on Ice," but it should be up there.

Best comment of the thread.

6 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

Do we have a read on Aurora yet?

There's an Aurora?  I just learned there's a Julie and a Julia.  

Thank goodness Wendy is finally gone.  Oh, wait.

Tribal Council is meaningless and completely lacks suspense when you know that no one is ever actually voted out.  5 episodes in and there are still 18 players.  (Is that right, 18?  There are so many I don't know.)  Yet of that 18 there isn't really anyone likable.  The blindside of Aubrey was at least interesting although I like Aubrey better than Victoria.  Good thing Aubrey is still in the game despite being a gullible idiot.  I appreciate Joe for his capabilities, but he'll been gone as soon as he loses a challenge.  (I say "he" rather than "they" since he's a one man challenge machine.)  The Misfits are pretty interesting but I cannot stand Reem.  What a nasty piece of work!  And now throwing crazy Wendy into the mix will be excruciating.  I guess I'm left to root for David.  Or the chicken that photo bombed Aubrey's confessional.

2 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

Agree with poster upthread--where was the convo between Rick and Aubrey? What was his reasoning for giving the advantage to her?

Really!  That came out of nowhere!  We want answers!

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Is Wardog that horrible poker player from Gabon resurrected? Jean Claude or something? He was the same do-nothing, strategize-all-the-time, this-is-only-a-game-for-my-amusement type of jerk, if I recall correctly. Poker players really can be the most obnoxious Survivor players (this includes Tyson and until-he-got-married Boston Rob).

I don't see him as Jean-Robert (who was actually on the China season), but now that you mention it--Wardog does remind me of Ace, the photographer in Gabon!  Ugh.  Now I see why my reaction is to cringe when I see him.  Although the nickname he gave himself was enough for me.  Really...Wardog?  Some Survivors need to give up the trend of giving themselves nicknames in the hopes that it will make them more memorable.  It's annoying and cringe-worthy.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

My son is in Cub Scouts, he is a Tiger.

I remember when he was a baby and you were posting at odd hours because of feedings!

37 minutes ago, Haleth said:

There's an Aurora? 

I love watching her in challenges, she plays with an abandon that reminds me of my favorite winner, Sara-the-cop.  She also reminds me of Jodie Foster when she gets all intense.  She was the one who helped the Lessus (sp?) get a win by telling them to start the ball puzzle with four on the bottom.

42 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Reem looked a lot younger since being on EI for so long. She has lost a lot of weight.

I usually think people look older when they lose weight -- sunken cheeks, scraggly neck  -- but she does look pretty good.  I imagine all that seething anger is helping burn calories.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I remember when he was a baby and you were posting at odd hours because of feedings!

LOL and now I post the next morning because I go to bed right after the show so I can get up at 5:30 for work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

* Did Walter White make those PB&J sandwiches with the crusts cut off?  If I am out there starving for 2 weeks, I want my crusts!

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/53/21/1b51d8e227804a21423669c92a8dfdd7_13.mp4

* Victoria played Aubry perfectly.  It is pretty impressive to get a 3rd time player, who should know there is a target on her back, so comfortable that she gets voted out with an extra vote and an idol.  Or maybe Aubry is just a lousy player?  Anyway, Victoria, FTW.

* Julia finally got not one, but two confessionals.  I liked her since the preseason interviews, but I was disappointed by her racially charged tweets, whining about her lack of airtime.  She is a very solid player and I could see her going far.

* Bye Bye, Lil Wendy!  She is pretty good in challenges (even after having her foot amputated or whatever, when she got that boo-boo).  But, other than that, she is one of the worst players in Survivor history, both socially and strategically.  

Also, is there ANYTHING that doesn't make this insufferable twit giggle?  She is one of the most obnoxious castaways ever.

* I am not a Wentworth basher.  But after playing 2 times, you would think a young, fairly athletic woman would have learned how to dive.  She kept jumping into the water feet first, holding her nose, and it cost her tribe time.  

* Lauren showed a lot of heart going back to get the 2nd underwater puzzle piece, when everyone thought they were out of the challenge.  I'm not sure she should have told Wentworth about her idol, though.  She showed a lot of onions not playing the idol.

* The Warthog throws like a 6 year old girl.  He also  cannot accept the slightest criticism.  He does remind me a lot of Jean-Robert, as someone upthread mentioned.   Strategically, he seems to alternate between being a very, smart strategist and a moron.  I think he was 100% right about targeting Wendy at the 2 tribe TC.  She was the one they were least likely to go to rocks for.  

* At first, I thought it was odd that Rick gave the extra vote to Aubry.  But, I think it made a lot of sense (or would have if Aubry wasn't an idiot).  I thought he would give it to David.  But, he is already very tight with David, and forming a bond with Aubry could have given Rick a lot of options, including joining an alliance of returning players.   

* I think it makes some sense to keep Joe around.  People get so obsessed with long term threats, but it is still early and having food, especially protein makes a huge difference.  Plus, if Joe is on your tribe, he keeps YOU from getting voted out.  It is great to get rid of the "big threats", but it doesn't do you a lot of good if you get voted out.

* I' wasn't sure whether to love or hate Keith getting all cutthroat and breaking the pact and sneaking off to try to get the advantages first.  I decided on love.  I like that this guy who seems a little timid and soft is playing hardball.  

1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

There's an Aurora? 

I love watching her in challenges, she plays with an abandon that reminds me of my favorite winner, Sara-the-cop.  She also reminds me of Jodie Foster when she gets all intense.  She was the one who helped the Lessus (sp?) get a win by telling them to start the ball puzzle with four on the bottom.

So, you are confirming there is an Aurora?  Thanks.  :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 4

Reem reminds me of Brandon Hantz, crazy, unpredictable, and aggressive. I simply cannot stand her and I hope Chris goes fishing and shares it with everyone but her and Wendy. If someone else had been voted off first, or if Reem did not exist, I think the vibe would be different.

Wendy's attitude with Aubrey and Victoria and then at tribal made me wonder how much she actually understood what was going on around her.

Keith taking off was a dick, but Chris physically pushing him aside seemed really mean to me. I think the expression on Keith's face got to me, bc I'm pretty sure this is not the first time Keith has been shoved aside by bigger, stronger guys literally and figuratively.

I still like Chris overall, just not one of his best moments.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Yeah, the Chris push was out of line and I am surprised it was allowed. The Keith move was legitimate play, he took off without the group to find the clue/advantage whatever. Yes, it came across as sneaky and underhanded but Keith is right, he is playing for himself not for the others. I am kind of happy that he took the second one from Reem after Chris took the first one from him.

EoE is better then Kama beach at least there is some type of drama and stuff happening. I kind of wonder what is going to happen to Kama when the merge happens and they actually have to play the game.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, cleo said:

Reem reminds me of Brandon Hantz, crazy, unpredictable, and aggressive. I simply cannot stand her and I hope Chris goes fishing and shares it with everyone but her and Wendy. If someone else had been voted off first, or if Reem did not exist, I think the vibe would be different.

Wendy's attitude with Aubrey and Victoria and then at tribal made me wonder how much she actually understood what was going on around her.

Keith taking off was a dick, but Chris physically pushing him aside seemed really mean to me. I think the expression on Keith's face got to me, bc I'm pretty sure this is not the first time Keith has been shoved aside by bigger, stronger guys literally and figuratively.

I still like Chris overall, just not one of his best moments.

Brandon Hantz was generally an amiable guy, who had emotional issues and eventually snapped.  Reem seems to default to complaining and being nasty.  

Wendy is truly clueless.  I'm not sure what her plan was going into this game?  Was she strictly planning on going after the Sia money?   She said in preseason interviews that she planned on releasing chickens if her tribe ever won any.  Then, as soon as she got voted off she cackled that she was going to get a cheeseburger, though she swore to The Warthog that she was going to be a vegetarian from now on.  

There are plenty of very, nice, intelligent people who are quirky.   Wendy is a stupid and obnoxious quirky person.  

Keith played cutthroat and Chris responded in kind.  I was rooting for Keith to get the advantages, but I had no problem with what Chris did, after Keith broke the pact (a smart move, IMO).  It's all in the game. 

Keith was also pretty cutthroat when he "stole" the advantage that Mama Reem spotted.  Again, I had no problem with it,  by loyalty is definitely not his brand.  He also betrayed Reem in week 1 (again a smart move).  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 3

Not only can't pambypuppy throw he isn't that great in the water either.  Or at challenges in general.  He is what we refer to as "a hero in his own mind". 

Wasn't a fan of Aubry's.  Never understood why she was considered so good at the game.  Not as in I disagree butas in  I didn't see it or understand it or something, just ok, benefit of the doubt, she has made it far twice.  I do feel a little bad for her, she obviously loves the game and its horrible to go home with an immunity idol and an advantage.  But as a "Strategist" she underestimated the target on her.  Her teammates saw the merge coming and the threat of 4 aligned returnees.    Not that there was much she could do about that in terms of teammates but HELLO IDOL.  Bad strategy.  So maybe not the player?

So what does the merge mean for Joe?  I don't see Kelley and David as aligned really?  

• Love 2

Seems like all of them are hesitant to play their idols. Dang, guys, play 'em!!! You have one then play it. No need to go home with it in your pocket. And once it's played, it goes back in the game and you can find it again. I don't get why David didn't keep looking and look hard. He gave it a half arsed go and quit. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, cleo said:

If someone else had been voted off first, or if Reem did not exist, I think the vibe would be different.

Agreed. I still remember her calling out to Jared as he arrived in the middle of the night "Oh no, we don't LIKE you here!" Oh, thanks for the warm greeting. She is just salty 24/7 it seems. And she totally gave away that advantage.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Gummo said:

I'm sorry they've let the whispering thing take root at TC.

This. Over the years, things have progressed from no verbal communication at all during tribal to actually getting up and walking away for a group confab. While we viewers sit and wait. <yawn>

In Survivor days of yore, one of the great things at TC was when an alliance's carefully crafted plan went down the tubes due to some revelation during questioning. Then there would be a scramble to decide how to respond. At most, we'd see some winks or silently mouthed words trying to indicate whether the original plan was still on. Now they just get together and discuss it in depth.

I don't know how this trend got so out of hand, but I wish Probst would stop it.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Gummo said:

I'm sorry they've let the whispering thing take root at TC. Just like I was sorry when stealing people's stuff became an accepted thing.

Actually these two elements are two of my favorites on Survivor. 

I love love LOVE when tribal breaks out of their boring "Yes Jeff I just wanna help my tribe/alliance" crap and all hell breaks loose.  More whispering and chaos please; not less.

And Survivor is suppose to be a sneaky game.  Nothing more sneaky then checking out who has the idol.  It the idol holders are allowed to hide it instead of announce it then the others should have the right to go hunt for it anywhere at any time.  Knowledge is power in this game and if you don't want your idol found then bury the damn thing like ALL good players always do these days and don't stick it into a bag that they know is totally fair game to look into.

44 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

* The Warthog throws like a 6 year old girl.

Or a 6 year old boy.  Because most 6 year old girls I have known can throw as good if not way better than 6 year old boys.

Edited by green
  • Love 20
18 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Seems like all of them are hesitant to play their idols. Dang, guys, play 'em!!! You have one then play it. No need to go home with it in your pocket. And once it's played, it goes back in the game and you can find it again. I don't get why David didn't keep looking and look hard. He gave it a half arsed go and quit. 

It made sense for Lauren because she knew that her tribe was targeting Wendy and there was a good chance that the other tribe would vote for Wendy in a revote.

Not only does Lauren save her idol she also probably leaves the impression that she does not have an idol because why wouldn't she have played it at tribal? Lauren and Dan were the two people most likely to get votes because they were the two being asked to do most challenges. Then again, based on their challenge performance I would have targeted Kelly or David and keep the obviously  inept people in the game.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, green said:

Or a 6 year old boy.  Because most 6 year old girls I have known can throw as good if not way better than 6 year old boys.

I was wondering who would make the stupid girl comment (eye roll)

The girls on my sons baseball team are actually better then the boys. He is 6. The girls throw better and hit better. Each team is suppose to nominate people to represent the team in a skills competition at the end of the season, every team with girls on them sent the girls. They won the competitions.

Dan sucks throwing, period. There is no need to bring gender into it.

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, dsteele said:

I don't know how this trend got so out of hand, but I wish Probst would stop it.

Probst is lame AF! I can't stand him.

I loved when Chris shoved dufus Keith out of the way.

I hope EOE ends next week and Shitdog is the first to go home.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

If you were wondering, you must have thought Warthog threw like a girl, too.  

No.  It is because everyone has heard this type of comment and knows what it is suppose to mean but are sick of the age of cavemen expressions extending into the 21st century since it didn't even belong in the 20th century.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but is it me or are we seeing a really wonky-edited season?  

Bad Survivor is better than no Survivor, but this episode in particular kept jarring me out of the joy I usually get from watching this show...from Keith's up-close, manic, jerky confessionals, to a close-up of Aubrey's mouth when she said the phrase "rock-bottom" (so weird) - not to mention what seemed like a 7-minute monologue by Aubrey, to Reem sitting around yelling at everything, Wendy giggling her way through TC...I don't know, this season has felt "off," or maybe it's the cast that isn't doing anything for me.  And I literally just found out that there's a Julie on this season.  And a Gavin.  Who knew?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

The girls on my sons baseball team are actually better then the boys. He is 6. The girls throw better and hit better.

A trapeze instructor once told me that girls in the age range of 9-11 (ok, not six), have one of the greatest strength-to-size ratios of any age -- that is to say, they are very strong for their weight/height and remarkably good at trapeze.

Don't these tribes have a conversation like:  who can swim?  who can throw? who can do puzzles?  I mean, if you don't do that on day one, wouldn't you at least do it in the "I'll give you a minute to strategize" that Jeff always gives?  I did not remember that Wentworth was so bad at challenges, but perhaps she is just starving this time around?  Even actually starving Lauren has more power.  And to be completely shallow, Lauren really has such a beautiful body.

Re: Reem -- a lot of us wonder about the first boots, what they would be like if they really had a chance to stay.  Some have even proposed a season of all first-boots.  Well, she is providing what I like to call "confirmation of the break up" -- that's when you run into the ex-boyfriend you've been pining for, and he's the same dumb asshole as ever, and you are able to finally let go.  Reem is weekly proving why she was voted out.  How can someone be so consistently sour?  It must be exhausting, unless she is now subsisting on bile, like a devil. 

I loved Rick figuring out all those maps, even if he didn't find the advantage.  He's not only smart but managing to keep a decent frame of mind on the Island of the Wretched Misfit Toys. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I'm surprised it wasn't Kelley, what with her, "David's like a weak female tee hee!" confessional. That comment was heinous. She was utterly insufferable in the first ep. She was much better in the second ep though, thankfully. I enjoy her 'I fucking hate everyone and everything here' face so much.

Chris shoving Keith was a real dick move. I'm not fully over him yet though, simply because he is the only attractive man there.

Reem straight-up lost it on EoE. Such fun! More please!

Victoria finally did something not stupid and yet I am starting to hate her. Her face is annoying. My sister was so sure there was no way Aubry was buying her spiel. She about lost it when Aubry revealed she fully bought it. Poor Aubry, she gets dumber each times she plays. She should have never came back and just held onto that 'you were robbed!' feeling she got from her first season.

Wardog is hilarious. I was rolling over how utterly terrible he was in both comps. And then for him to actually state that he was the only one competing well! Amazing. I need him to last a little bit longer because he entertains me so.

Most of these people I either find boring as hell or at least half annoying. And the game play is just boring as hell. I hope this picks up after the merge at least, but I'm thinking we're in for more of the same.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Bad Survivor is better than no Survivor, but this episode in particular kept jarring me out of the joy I usually get from watching this show...to a close-up of Aubrey's mouth when she said the phrase "rock-bottom" (so weird) ...

There were so many close-ups of Aubrey's face. It was super bizarre. I don't remember them ever doing that before. Certainly not at the level they did in this ep. Maybe if it had been more of them I'd have thought they were trying out a new style or something, but it was just Aubry. I still don't understand what the hell that was all about.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

To those wondering why the newsman didn't give the advantage to David:  

David's tribe wasn't going to tribal that night.  They won (second place) the challenge that time.  It was Aubrey's tribe going and, perhaps, that was the only person on that tribe, other than Wendy, that he knew anything about.  And he wasn't about to give the advantage to Wendy.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

There were so many close-ups of Aubrey's face. It was super bizarre. I don't remember them ever doing that before. Certainly not at the level they did in this ep. Maybe if it had been more of them I'd have thought they were trying out a new style or something, but it was just Aubry. I still don't understand what the hell that was all about.

I think they were trying to show her raw and at her lowest. It was a totally new camera angle which I've never seen before. It also wasn't their usual beautiful confesional spot with the nice sand and perfect background. It was all face. LOL!!!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm surprised it wasn't Kelley, what with her, "David's like a weak female tee hee!" confessional. That comment was heinous. She was utterly insufferable in the first ep. She was much better in the second ep though, thankfully. I enjoy her 'I fucking hate everyone and everything here' face so much.

Chris shoving Keith was a real dick move. I'm not fully over him yet though, simply because he is the only attractive man there.

Reem straight-up lost it on EoE. Such fun! More please!

Victoria finally did something not stupid and yet I am starting to hate her. Her face is annoying. My sister was so sure there was no way Aubry was buying her spiel. She about lost it when Aubry revealed she fully bought it. Poor Aubry, she gets dumber each times she plays. She should have never came back and just held onto that 'you were robbed!' feeling she got from her first season.

Wardog is hilarious. I was rolling over how utterly terrible he was in both comps. And then for him to actually state that he was the only one competing well! Amazing. I need him to last a little bit longer because he entertains me so.

Most of these people I either find boring as hell or at least half annoying. And the game play is just boring as hell. I hope this picks up after the merge at least, but I'm thinking we're in for more of the same.

Kelly is heinous, she has never been someone that I liked watching.

Edited by ProfCrash
Don't need to play
  • Love 7

I think this season has too much production manipulation; first of all of course the extinction - redemption - second chance for Joe amazing - Island. Then, when David is in danger, Rick conveniently finds an extra vote to give to someone. How come did they not add advantages in extinction island people before this episode? And finally, when fucking Kelly is in danger, oops, there is an idol right in front of her, that was obviously not there for the last 6-7 days they are on this island. Well, I'm disgusted, I like the strategy and the omg of it all, but production STOP, you are interfering with the game too much. I wonder, if any of the returning players win, will we count this win as valid or will we refer to it like the one Boston fucking Rob had? I'm pissed, as you can tell, sorry for the cursing, I don't use to talk like that but .... yeah.

Other than that. Wasn't there a rule sometime recently that when there is a tie vote you just go to rocks and you don't revote? Why wasn't this the case this time?

Do people start to consider Kelly and Lauren a power couple (as I had said in the first episode) NOW? Or do they need more proof about it?

I didn't understand what would happen with the advantage that said "practice" Chris found. Will he be the only one practicing or can he let the other people practice as well?

If this season had no returning players, this would be the time that I'd be excited and looking forward to see where it goes. But with all the production interference, nah, let whoever win, I don't care. Lost season for me.

• Love 4

When they yelled for Julia and she stepped up it was like they snuck a new cast member into the tribe - Who is she, Where has she been all this time, Has she ever gotten a talking head?  The invisible player!

Unless or until said invisible Julia steps up and we see what she's like I'm going to start cheering for Victoria and or Gavin just because.  I also like Rick but he seems like a true long shot at this point.

Reem there is still not a single person out there who wants or needs you to be their "mommy".  The fact that she's still not only going for that role but forcing it on others and that she thinks she's queen leader of EI beach proves she learned nothing from her initial game play and ouster.  The only thing she's managed to do is sulk on how she was wronged and take a big dose of bitter pills.  If she gets back in the game it won't even be entertaining chaos  (that would be Wendy's role).   And yes she "gave" that advantage to Kevin, how can she be unaware that saying hey look what is that will send people grabbing the item, especially Kevin, especially after he ran off to find the items from the first map - she's either completely clueless or doubles down when challenged because she just can't be wrong ever.

People always watch sitcoms that take outrageous things and inflate them for laughs and say "that would never happen in real life".  The next time we have a hapless character who can't handle sports like Niles from Frasier or Howard from Big Bang when he was throwing out the first pitch and someone says that's so exaggerated, people don't throw like that in real life, that would never happen...........I'm going to show them a loop video of Wardog throwing those bolas about a foot in front of himself and straight into the ground like a three year old over and over (and over).

And, one last general Survivor rant - the complaining when players actually play; it happens season after season and I've never, ever understood it but there went Chris and, of course bitter entitled Reem again last night when Kevin ran off.  Yes it's "fair", no he's not being "sneaky" and nobody is obligated to wait to go searching for anything.  Can we remind these people it's a game and only one of them wins, looking for the idol is not sneaking off, getting a map and going for whatever it's leading you to is not screwing your beach mates.  That is how the game is played.  In general not just this season but over and over I'm tired of seeing and can not at all understand the mind set of the players that complain when someone actually tries to play the game by getting any advantages, immunity or information that they can.   It's not a democracy, there's no voting to act as a group so if Kevin lost that vote he'd be compelled to sit at camp and wait and, most important, if you don't want people running off and getting things you want yourself how about not helping them.  Rick was just as much at fault for giving away to the group how to fold the first map as Reem was in pointing out the box from the second map.  Kevin wants to win, they gave him an opening and he took advantage, that's good game play or, to borrow a very old phrase, you snooze you lose.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, himela said:

I think this season has too much production manipulation; first of all of course the extinction - redemption - second chance for Joe amazing - Island. Then, when David is in danger, Rick conveniently finds an extra vote to give to someone. How come did they not add advantages in extinction island people before this episode? And finally, when fucking Kelly is in danger, oops, there is an idol right in front of her, that was obviously not there for the last 6-7 days they are on this island. Well, I'm disgusted, I like the strategy and the omg of it all, but production STOP, you are interfering with the game too much. I wonder, if any of the returning players win, will we count this win as valid or will we refer to it like the one Boston fucking Rob had? I'm pissed, as you can tell, sorry for the cursing, I don't use to talk like that but .... yeah.

Other than that. Wasn't there a rule sometime recently that when there is a tie vote you just go to rocks and you don't revote? Why wasn't this the case this time?

Do people start to consider Kelly and Lauren a power couple (as I had said in the first episode) NOW? Or do they need more proof about it?

I didn't understand what would happen with the advantage that said "practice" Chris found. Will he be the only one practicing or can he let the other people practice as well?

If this season had no returning players, this would be the time that I'd be excited and looking forward to see where it goes. But with all the production interference, nah, let whoever win, I don't care. Lost season for me.

I think that rules was only for Second Chances or whatever the returnee season at the time was. They wanted to force the players to make choices and stand by them. The signaling by allowing a tied vote knowing that you can vote again was not what Production wanted. I think that the idea is that returnees know better and if you are going to tie a vote, then you better damn well be ready to draw stones.

New players, with less experience, are given the chance to tie a vote.