Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E04: I Need a Dance Partner

Whimsy
Message added by Whimsy

As a reminder, this is the thread to talk about the latest episode of Survivor.  Any continued talk about the Brown's players, statistics, rankings, etc (I'm not a sport person.  I hope those are the right words) will be removed.  

• Start Topic

Wow. So, basically, four people from the same tribe got voted off because the team they were on sucked. And the one person from the original tribe that was spared Tribal Council had troubles releasing chickens. One of them bawked during another's confessional. That was funny.

And yeah, watching the buff pick play out was like seeing a variation of Chapera/Mogo Mogo switching camps for a few days in S8. Lets all remember how stupid Lex was in listening to Rob's plea to spare his beloved Amber.

Seriously, Wendy is being a pest. I mean, I get where she's coming from, but if you're gonna be on Survivor, you're probably gonna be near a chicken murder. Maybe if they were evil chickens? And I noticed the "BIG WENDY" necklace. Oy.

Extinction Island is playing out nicely, even as Keith looks like he's ready to check out. I'm guessing he, Reem (seriously, what kind of name is that?) and Chris are just waiting out for the next development . . . and now Rick will be joining them. Only comparison I can think of was the season of The Amazing Race, where five teams from the fourteenth season were picked, and four of them went out right away. Basically, you're chilling out, you see the new arrival, and it's a familiar face. I am willing tobet nobody elects to leave the game from Tribal Council until they find out about Extinction Island.

• Love 2

Lauren was quite the composite of stereotypes tonight.

"That's not normal!" could she have been more of a mean girl sounding wench? She was right out of central casting.

Then she was full blown "special snowflake" sniff,sniff "I don't have my parents here to tell me everything is going to be okay (because you're such a special snowflake). Man up...what's it been two weeks.

A recent reality show 100% confirmed that CBS is not above putting a plant into a game. So when Wendy let the chickens out hours after joining a new tribe I was like "She's a CBS plant...absolutely...there to stir up drama when not being the comic relief." I wonder how much they are paying her.

Episode one I posted that Rick was only in the "cool kids" group when the other three were being ostracized because he happened to be standing in the right place at the right time while the trio was in the water trying to teach the kid to swim. I feel tonight bore that out when his torch got snuffed. I was so rooting for war dog's team to lose just so they would have to cannibalize and the icing on the cake was Wentworth's bitch face. Speaking of which her dirty shirt is starting to remind me of Angela's bathing suit last season...hey over there, that big wet thing....that's the ocean. Try washing your clothes!

Edited by North of Eden
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

How was Lauren mean for pointing out the fact that a Survivor player hiding the flint is not normal behavior?  I mean that should be blatantly obvious that hiding the flint is not a normal thing to do.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, LanceM said:

How was Lauren mean for pointing out the fact that a Survivor player hiding the flint is not normal behavior?  I mean that should be blatantly obvious that hiding the flint is not a normal thing to do.

It was all in the delivery...very snide and condescending.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

It was all in the delivery...very snide and condescending.

I thought Lauren showed great self-restraint.  Wendy's a brat who craves attention.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

Yeah....7 wins is nothing to brag about. In any case, it was an apt reference on Kelley’s part.

Yes!! This has always bothered me too. I guess it’s part of the game but it still always seems so unfair. This is also the number one reason why I would have had chicken for every meal after winning that reward.

How does it make Kelley right? Browns were not the worst team by any means and she made that tiring joke. They dont suck and arent a joke. 

This season was taped last summer so Kelley's last impression of the Browns were that they didn't win a single game the previous season. So yeah her comparison was spot on.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

Wow, who knew there were so many Browns fans on the Survivor forums?  I wonder why this show would appeal to fans of a once-mighty franchise whose best days are behind it....oh wait....

There are lots of Browns fans on the forum ?I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing People who act like it's always so funny to rag on them though. I was just pointing out that they arent the worst team. They are getting better and look like they can be a playoff team next season sheesh. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I didn't notice this, because I forget unimportant things quickly, but my niece said that Wentworth and David have been on the puzzles each challenge, and obviously they've lost.  I think a couple were close.  So, why do they keep doing the puzzles?  Seems like when Wendy tapped in on the puzzle for her new tribe, things started moving along pretty quickly.  Has anyone else noticed if Kelly and David have done all the other puzzles?  If so, they are massive dipshits for putting people who are losing the puzzles, on the puzzles. 

I'd rather be stuck on Loser Island with Natalie from last season than Reem.  I'm not kidding.  Natalie is a bossy know-it-all (who I couldn't stand), but Reem is just a whiny-ass, complaining, hag. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I didn't notice this, because I forget unimportant things quickly, but my niece said that Wentworth and David have been on the puzzles each challenge, and obviously they've lost.  I think a couple were close.  So, why do they keep doing the puzzles?  Seems like when Wendy tapped in on the puzzle for her new tribe, things started moving along pretty quickly.  Has anyone else noticed if Kelly and David have done all the other puzzles?  If so, they are massive dipshits for putting people who are losing the puzzles, on the puzzles. 

I'd rather be stuck on Loser Island with Natalie from last season than Reem.  I'm not kidding.  Natalie is a bossy know-it-all (who I couldn't stand), but Reem is just a whiny-ass, complaining, hag. 

LOL when I saw Kelley and David go to do the puzzle I was like UMMM maybe try a different duo? SUCKS That Annoying and Not funny or Cute Wendy was safe tonight 

• Love 3

I was very nervous tonight because I thought Lauren was going to get voted out. So glad she survived and still has her idol.  She is a strong player and very attractive, so I'm interested in seeing her and her gameplay going forward.

I didn't like that during the IC the Kama tribe cheering on the Manu tribe to win. Petty is what that was. I can't wait until Kama has to go to tribal council. Maybe some of their own members will turn on them. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I was very nervous tonight because I thought Lauren was going to get voted out. So glad she survived and still has her idol.  She is a strong player and very attractive, so I'm interested in seeing her and her gameplay going forward.

I didn't like that during the IC the Kama tribe cheering on the Manu tribe to win. Petty is what that was. I can't wait until Kama has to go to tribal council. Maybe some of their own members will turn on them. 

I wasn't too bothered by that, since all but 1 of NuMana were all old Kama; and in the case of Aurora and Joe, it was good for Aubry to win since she's outnumbered.  

I fully expected Lauren to play her idol.  That was quite the surprise.  I also thought David was getting voted off, based on his comments at TC.  It sounded like a good bye speech.

• Love 1

Please, please, please let this be the last season  with  chicken drama. Neither side will ever accept the other, and the chickens truly do deserve better.  Can't the  producers come up with something new?

• Love 13

Edge of Extinction? I think it should be re-christened Bitter Jury Island. Because these whiners are acting just like stereotypical bitter jurors when they pout about how their fellow rejects voted them off. Yes, Keith and Reem, Chris wrote your names down. So I assume you left your own parchments blank?? Next, they’ll be huffing about the lack of honesty and integrity.

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

And yeah, watching the buff pick play out was like seeing a variation of Chapera/Mogo Mogo switching camps for a few days in S8. Lets all remember how stupid Lex was in listening to Rob's plea to spare his beloved Amber.

Hmmm...so who’s gonna make a plea to save Wendy?

<silence> 

<crickets> 

“BAWK!”

All right then.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

Didn’t Wendy say on the first episode that she has Tourette’s? But we haven’t seen any of the behaviors she described ever since the first episode, so now I’m wondering if i heard that wrong and there is something else she is dealing with.  She seems like she wants to rock the boat more than anything. Those chickens were happy in their coop and she forced them out; they weren’t “set free” as much as they were ripped out of a warm place and put into the rain.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

It looked like the ones NOT working the puzzles had a better view of what had been completed so far - the pair doing the work were too close to get an overall view.  So it would have made sense for the workers and the watchers to switch about halfway through.  That's about the point where Wendy went in, I think.

• Love 3

Yeah...it was interesting to see just how bitter Keith and Reem were when Chris showed up. It's a freaking game! I get that people have genuine emotions out there, and no one is happy about getting voted off, but you have to vote someone. Especially since Keith apparently voted Reem out, so it's not like he can really talk. I can't imagine Keith was genuinely shocked about being voted out, just because he was such a weak link physically. 

I have made my peace about people who get barely any confessionals. I figure they are either not doing much of anything interesting, don't know how to give confessionals, or if they are doing stuff, it doesn't really affect the main narrative thrust of the season's story. Now, I do wish CBS would put up some bonus material online (at least 30 minutes, and not just a couple scenes), just so those that are interested in learning more about the players could watch it if they want. I mean, the entire cast seemed fairly interesting in the pre show press, but I get that there is only so much time the producers have to fit into each weekly show. 

I was a bigger fan of Rick, so I was hoping they would keep him (and vote out Wardog since he annoys me), but I wasn't shocked at the vote. Wardog had to vote for either Rick or Lauren, and he is clearly tighter with Lauren and Kelley at the moment. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Paws said:

Didn’t Wendy say on the first episode that she has Tourette’s? But we haven’t seen any of the behaviors she described ever since the first episode, 

There was a fair amount of twitching tonight. But yeah, it does seem like they’re downplaying it for whatever reason.  Maybe it just doesn’t fit in that well with the whole Wacky Wendy narrative.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

Yeah...it was interesting to see just how bitter Keith and Reem were when Chris showed up. It's a freaking game! I get that people have genuine emotions out there, and no one is happy about getting voted off, but you have to vote someone. Especially since Keith apparently voted Reem out, so it's not like he can really talk. I can't imagine Keith was genuinely shocked about being voted out, just because he was such a weak link physically. 

I have made my peace about people who get barely any confessionals. I figure they are either not doing much of anything interesting, don't know how to give confessionals, or if they are doing stuff, it doesn't really affect the main narrative thrust of the season's story. Now, I do wish CBS would put up some bonus material online (at least 30 minutes, and not just a couple scenes), just so those that are interested in learning more about the players could watch it if they want. I mean, the entire cast seemed fairly interesting in the pre show press, but I get that there is only so much time the producers have to fit into each weekly show. 

I was a bigger fan of Rick, so I was hoping they would keep him (and vote out Wardog since he annoys me), but I wasn't shocked at the vote. Wardog had to vote for either Rick or Lauren, and he is clearly tighter with Lauren and Kelley at the moment. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_id2r2txwU

For anyone that does care, here is a collection of secret scenes/bonus clips someone put together of Julia since she isn't getting confessionals (and kind of meshed it together as though it's in an actual episode).  I'm going with she's not giving them much to work with, on top of competing with popular returning players, more interesting personalities that know how to milk the camera, a twist that's taking up airtime, and being on a winning tribe.  I don't remember anything of Aurora aside from the first episode, or Julie for that matter.

I sometimes think that fans of the show have the hardest time getting airtime (unless, again, they are a Sandra or Russell or Wendy type like we have this time).  I just think that they are very focused on the game and winning and doing well, and just taking in the experience, that they are playing and acting...well, like a normal person that isn't auditioning to come back 5 times.

I always thought it'd be cool for Survivor to put out more bonus footage (and this also goes for Ponderosa).  I know we can't get live feeds like Big Brother, but they could put together more from the episode and what happened during those 3 days, and post it online.  And what I find humorous about Reem and Keith being bitter at Chris, is he just went along with the majority.  I know Reem seemed blindsided by how people felt about her, and I get how being the first boot of a show you're a fan of sucks.  But I can't believe she was that surprised.  Same with Keith.  Chris didn't have to vote them out, but it wasn't going to stop them from being booted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Reem is sure acting tough and territorial but a part of me feels like they have the same sound bites being played over and over for each booted visitor.  How can either of them feel that compelled to harbor ill will of being outplayed when they weren’t there that long??

theyve only been out there 11 days at this point.  I did roll my eyes when that girl was weepy and wanting her parents.  She may have been division 1 athletics but she snivels like a kid who hasn’t traveled the country playing div 1 athletics. 

Surprise boot for me.  I enjoyed the anchorman segments!

• Love 6

Reem sure talks tough for someone who greedily accepts fish.  If she felt that way then it should be every man for himself on Dumpster Fire Island.  No passive aggressive crap to the camera but then seeking solace and food etc from her fellow strandies.  

Jeff should drop on by and turn it into Naked and Afraid and make it really interesting.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

How does it make Kelley right? Browns were not the worst team by any means and she made that tiring joke. They dont suck and arent a joke. 

The Browns have been. symbol for losing and suffering fans for decades.  One 7 win season doesn't change that.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Agree about Lauren.

I was rooting for Manu to lose, but I don't blame Kama for rooting for Manu.   Manu is basically Kama 2.  Four of five members are original Kama members.  It is only natural for Kama to root for them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I wasn't too bothered by that, since all but 1 of NuMana were all old Kama; and in the case of Aurora and Joe, it was good for Aubry to win since she's outnumbered.  

I fully expected Lauren to play her idol.  That was quite the surprise.  I also thought David was getting voted off, based on his comments at TC.  It sounded like a good bye speech.

When Lauren didn't play the idol, I was thinking, "Play it, you idiot.".  But, then I realized that she probably had very, strong assurance from Warthog that he was voting for Rick.  Still, I would have played it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Speaking of which, if I arrived at the EOE site, sad and dejected, hungry and exhausted, only to hear Reem's voice barking that no one was happy to see me, I think I'd just keep walking right into the ocean. Or drown her. One of those two things. 

There is no reason you could not do both. Drown her as you are walking into the ocean.

I wonder if Wendy is That Worker who is always pulling dumb pranks and trying to get everyone to go out karaoking after work and wins the Ugly Christmas Sweater contest every year.

Edited by mertensia
Drown, not crown.
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

Maybe it's just that I was watching in my cozy bed, which I never do, but I liked this episode better for some reason.  I was pretty sure it would be Rick going because Wardog apparently thinks of Kelley as his closest ally, according to what he said last week.  And I'm happy with that because I never liked Rick much, though I am enough of a softy to have rather enjoyed the love-fest tribal (usually we get this kind of sentiment later in the game.)

I feel vindicated that Reem could only keep up her grump at Chris for like a single night.  Speaking of lovefests, no matter how much she tries, I feel sure the EDGE OF EXTINCTION is going to be one.  She talks tough but Reem is not Corinne, you know what I mean?  I don't think there's going to be any Gabon Ponderosa style shenanigans, it's going to be like the original Castaways Tribe from Pearl Islands, who all loved each other.  All that said, god this was a bad idea.  It's going to be the biggest tribe soon, and then the real game will become the sideshow.

Wendy, girlfriend, you are overdoing it.  Sia's not going to buy it this way.  Take it down a few notches and you'll get that money.

The island makeover is starting to work its magic on people, I noticed.  The rain may make them miserable, but it also makes them pretty.  I was slightly horrified to find even Wardog starting to look attractive.  David, sartorial choices aside, was looking very handsome as well.  I guess nothing's going to stop the "I don't even own a TV, who is Kelley Wentworth anyway?" bitchface call-outs but I thought she looked really pretty tonight and more animated/genki the way I recognize.  Maybe the edit is finally moving beyond the KELLEY IS CONCERNED! that they've been pushing for three straight episodes.  (My wild guess based on nothing: she's never really been any serious danger this whole game.)  She's on the top now, in the Lesser Tribe (thanks @Lamb18) anyway, so perhaps we won't get so much CONCERN going forward.  I was hoping she would take David's confessional cue and go find the Lesu idol, though.

Hard to imagine a different result than Lesser going back to tribal, but I hope not.  Let's see those other people start playing already.

• Love 3

So far this season has not impressed me (especially considering how good last season was).  I cannot retain most of the new cast's names (I didn't even realize there was a dude named Wardog until the third episode, how can I not remember that name?) which is not that odd because that happens all of the time for me.  But this cast just seems to be lacking something and I cannot put my hand on it.

I have no problems with any of the returning players, in fact Kelly, David, and Aubry have all been favorites of mine.  I have been pretty neutral in regards to Joe, I mean he seems like a really nice guy but he comes across as a little bland personality wise.

I don't know what it is about this season...it is just boring thus far.  Is it the cast? The dumb twist?  I just don't know.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I don't know what it is about this season...it is just boring thus far.  Is it the cast? The dumb twist?  I just don't know.

For me, part of it is that the most annoying losers (Reem, Keith, Reem, the Anchorman, and Reem) don't go away.   There has always been something cathartic about watching people you can't stand get voted off and spirited away.   Now they linger on and on and on, acting even more wretchedly than before.  

• Love 11

I think part of why this season isn't connecting with me is that there is really nothing happening, we are just collecting people voted on the Island of No Apparent Purpose. So the game remains in stasis, it's just not going anywhere and that hangs over the cast like a cloud. Nobody is actually being voted out, nobody is leaving they are just in Survivor Purgatory walking miles each day for a cup of daily ration.

As someone mentioned earlier (apologies for not finding the quote) at least let US know what's going on out there and where it's heading. Right now it's just a dark cloud on the horizon and it's tainting the whole experience.

Also, I know she's been out there for what must seem like forever, but what kind of bitch do you have to be to treat another person just voted out with "Oh no... we don't like you!! You're not welcome here!" like Reem has? Man she is salty.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

It seems Keith has forgotten about that big snake challenge where Chris basically kept him from drowning.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Why was Kama openly cheering for (Manu)?  That was hilarious and so mean.

But so loyal.  It is Alternate Kama filled with their former tribe mates.

8 hours ago, wallflower75 said:

And maybe it’s been like this for a while and I'm just now catching on, but it seems like more and more of this season's episodes so far have been with the losing tribe after the immunity challenge as they strategize about who’s going home.

Barring a major MAJOR something happening (bloody accident vein) on another tribe it has been this way since Season 1.  Also pre-immunity challenge we see tells on who will lose always.  Sometimes the editing is better and it isn't a 100% giveaway but tonight it totally was.

7 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

"Oh this isn't the time to vote out Kelly." The hell it isn't, what better time than an easy opportunity to rustle up ONE vote by one of the duos?

Because David knew he didn't have the votes to get out Kelley because Wardog was "the swing" only in the editing we saw because in earlier episodes it was made clear that he and Kelly are pretty much joined at the hip.  Heck he protected and saved her the previous two tribals.  So David's only chance to crack that threesome was to split away Lauren with the homesick and weak from lack of food argument.  It wasn't enough.

7 hours ago, EllenB said:

I still have no idea who is on the show except for the returnees and the hapless constant losers.

Ditto a thousand times over.  The yellow guys -- now split in two -- are a total blank for me except Aubrey and Joe.

6 hours ago, North of Eden said:

A recent reality show 100% confirmed that CBS is not above putting a plant into a game.

If this is a reference to Celebrity BB sorry that just isn't true.  The Mooch quit and CBS tried to cover it up with some idiotic made-up storyline that he was a mole.  One who did absolutely nothing at all ever.

2 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

The island makeover is starting to work its magic on people, I noticed.  The rain may make them miserable, but it also makes them pretty

I agree.  Living in harmony with nature and looking natural is always more beautiful than artificial make-ups, fancy fad clothing and silly junk like that that Madison Avenue likes to sell people on.  Survivors ALWAYS look horrible on the live finale shows when they are all "made up" again.

Edited by green
  • Love 7

Good ole Warty spoils things again...

David and Kelley continue to suck at puzzles, not helped by Lauren who always yells bad advice at them.

The best parts were Reem's sour voice and "Read the sign, bro," "This ain't no Holiday Inn," etc at the start, and Wendy delighting Aubry by spilling the beans on the old Manu pecking order, and Operation Release the Chooks! And the beautiful squid footage...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I mean he seems like a really nice guy but he comes across as a little bland personality wise.

That was my favorite part of the episode, though. (paraphrased)

Joe: Last two times, Joe have no relationships. This time, Joe Nice. Joe Have Friends. Ron is Joe's Friend.

Ron: I'm so voting Joe off the first chance I get.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Good ole Warty spoils things again...

David and Kelley continue to suck at puzzles, not helped by Lauren who always yells bad advice at them.

The best parts were Reem's sour voice and "Read the sign, bro," "This ain't no Holiday Inn," etc at the start, and Wendy delighting Aubry by spilling the beans on the old Manu pecking order, and Operation Release the Chooks! And the beautiful squid footage...

David and Kelley screwed up last week's puzzle, badly.  But, this week they were behind when they got to the puzzle and it appears they made up ground on New Manu and lost by only seconds.

• Love 1

I love Wendy. Normally I hate the people who are playing not to win but for some reason I love Wendy. That is probably because the season has been boring as all hell and gone and Wendy's totally anti-Survivor play has at least been entertaining. It is totally irrational and erratic play. It is catastrophically awful and amazing and it makes me laugh.

She screams to me "I have ADHD with impulse issues and I am totally off my meds and I can't control this and I am having a blast just being me." And my ADHD medicine refusing self loves it.

Clearly, I have no clue if the above is the case but oh my god does she drive me as impulse driven person.

I absolutely loved the conversation at the fire between Wendy and David. Wendy says that the flint wasn't her full plan. David asks what her plan is. Wendy giggles and says "Rick hasn't told you? I don't want to tell you." And David's response is "You do want to win this game?" and the look on his face when Wendy says yes. That was pure brilliance.

Loved it!

No idea about the other tribes because we hardly see them because they are winning and most of the players are boring. I did laugh that Joe was confiding in Ron and is all about trusting Ron. This three days after Joe was sitting there picking up mussels while Ron and Victoria were discussing voting out the returning players next to him. But Joe has a great feeling about working with Ron. And I don't think Joe i splaying the "Keep your enemies close" game. I think Joe was serious.

Somehow casting managed to put all the players with half a brain and the ability to at least think about the game onto last seasons cast and this season got all the awful players. The game play is awful.

And then there is EoE:

Reem has no problem with Keith voting for her, she knows that everyone was going to vote for her. Why should Keith risk his future game by refusing to vote for Reem? And yes, Keith turned on Wendy and Reem but 1) Reem doesn't know that 2) Reem was going home even if Keith hadn't turned on Reem and Wendy.

Keith had good reason to think that he was going to be safe and that Chris was going to vote out Kelly. Keith was legitimately  blindsided by the outcome of that vote. Keith expected votes but he did not expect to be sent home.

And the reality is that the folks who voted out are 1) still in the game (which sucks for everyone 2) don't have comfy beds, cheeseburgers and pizza 3) don't have beer/wine/booze to help soothe the vote out. They are in crappy conditions, with little food and nothing to do. There are no competitions, no real strategizing to do, and no way of knowing when they might have a chance to get back in the game. Or even how to get back into the game. Which means there is no real way to get over being pissed.

Reem doesn't surprise me but Keith does. More because of their personalities. I thought Keith would be more chill/

And yes, they can leave whenever but they are not likely to choose that option because they came out to play the game. For all the time we bitch about people who don't take advantage of the opportunity, these folks are at least grinding it out.

I do think that CBS would be better off putting EoE into Ponderosa style format and let people look it up if they want to watch. I understand why they are putting it into the regular game, one person is going to return and we don't know how or who and all this might be important. Honestly, the interaction at EoE is more interesting then Kama or the new tribe. I do wish that they would actually try and build a freaking shelter. They have had enough time and they have supplies, so why not get something started?

• Love 9

If they were going with Edge of Extinction I wish they had structured it differently.  I think every time someone new comes there should be a challenge and the loser goes home so that there is only one person at a time on the island.  The more people who come, the easier to survive the conditions as we saw when Reem was going to pull the sail and leave until Keith came, and Chris provided fish for a meal.  I think this was a huge error by the producers as when more and more people come they will just become more and more bitter as Reem has already established the tone.  I am also over her-she tried to vote someone else out but was on the losing side.  It's kind of like Wendy and the chickens-yes, I eat all kinds of meat but will ensure that nobody eats these chickens and that they die horrible deaths after I release them into the jungle where there are predators.  Reem's version is-yes, I tried to vote someone else out but was voted out instead so I'm going to hate everyone who voted for me and just forget that I voted for someone else.  It seems that every season there are multiple contestants who believe that everyone else should be helping them win rather than play for themselves.

I do hope that Rick will lighten the environment of EOE.  And, I certainly hope that Reem's attitude doesn't drive out someone I like while she stays (and yes I understand that would be a valid strategy, but as a poster above stated, part of enjoying Survivor is when an obnoxious contestant gets voted out and I don't have to hear from them again unless they are on the jury and get to ask a bitter questions...)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

There are no competitions, no real strategizing to do, and no way of knowing when they might have a chance to get back in the game

Excellent point! I was reading last night that extreme stress is created in people when they experience uncertainty, lack of information and loss of control. At the time I read it, I related it to a recent nightmare experience I had sitting up sick and miserable all night in a crowded hospital ER waiting room, with literally no idea why it was taking so long, how many more hours I'd be there, or how to make anyone listen to me. It was as hard mentally as it was physically. 

But actually, this is the perfect description of EOE. The people there seem demoralized in a way you don't see in the regular game, and you've put your finger on why. Poor Keith sitting there staring longingly at the sail, desperately wanting to put himself out of his misery but not quite doing it, was EOE in a nutshell. Physical and psychological torture. 

• Love 9

Okay, yes, last season was one of the most entertaining Survivor seasons ever, and yes, often the season doesn't really get going until the merge, but JEBUS THIS SEASON SUCKS SO FAR.

Week after week, I wait for the season to start and it just ... sits there. The worthless EoE twist and the tribe non-swap means we're now following FOUR groups of people and trying to make sense of Survivor's lousy editing (what happened to last season's editors? Come back, all is forgiven!). It's annoying and not fun at all.

As to individuals:

Remind me never to play a game with Reem. She's seems like the type who'll turn over the table and threaten your children if she loses and never ever give up her grudge. She's completely given up on the game, her only goal now is to be as big a petty, resentful bitch as possible. You're all suffering together on this island, how about some positivity? Nope, she greets each new arrival with her trademark harridan shriek and insults. Charming.

Look, I really wanted to like Wendy, she started off kooky and yes, rather attractive. But what a selfish, entitled camera whore she's turned out to be. 1. Those are not YOUR chickens, they belong to the tribe. 2. So NOW you decide to go vegan, and you think you have the right to impose your choice on everyone else? Fuck you. 3. Unfortunately, she's good in challenges so she's not going anywhere soon. Sigh, what an asshole. 

So: stop with the returning players. Stop with the redemption islands and the exile islands and the extinction islands. You can keep the 500,000 hidden idols if it makes you happy. But elimination should mean elimination. Let Survivor be Survivor.

I have a sinking feeling this season isn't going to get any better. But of course I'll keep watching (the only seasons I ever stopped watching partway thru were the Russell Hantz seasons -- I don't find pathological sadism entertaining).

Again:  sigh.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

Yeah...it was interesting to see just how bitter Keith and Reem were when Chris showed up. It's a freaking game!

Oh come on.  These people are suffering from isolation.  They're getting loopy out there.  I totally get it.  Their emotions are getting heightened because they have nothing else to concentrate on!  It's like Sideshow Bob in prison, angry about Bart Simpson.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, jay741982 said:

More like a season too late lol. Won 7 games last year screwed by Refs outta a few more. Then we added OBJ yesterday! Love Wentworth but when she made that reference I was like STFU WENTWORTH WE DONT SUCK LOL

I was coming here to say something similar.   I hated people dissing my Brownies even during the horrible Hue years, but we were pretty decent last season, so Up Yours, Wentworth!   

Survivor....um, does the Lesser-than tribe forget that David is a returnee?   He seems to have assimilated perfectly.   

Ok, so we have two tribes with 5 people, one with 4, and 4 on EoE island.  And still not a single person has left the game.  Something better start happening soon.  Time to bring the 4 exiles back.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2

The most interesting episode of the season is usually the split episode where you don't know what will happen. When the supposedly most interesting episode is boring, we can safely say that the season is boring altogether. To be totally honest, at the moment, I don't care for anyone winning. Even if it's my winner pick (Julia) winning, I am so disapppointed with this season, I won't even care for her.

Side note: Sierra has made Joe boring like herself. Snooze...

• Love 5