Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E04: I Need a Dance Partner

Whimsy
Message added by Whimsy

As a reminder, this is the thread to talk about the latest episode of Survivor.  Any continued talk about the Brown's players, statistics, rankings, etc (I'm not a sport person.  I hope those are the right words) will be removed.  

• Start Topic

Honestly it was hell on Earth. 

One overbearing nurse proceeded to tell me I had diabetes and would not let me leave until I had an insulin shot. When I protested, she asked me would I like it in the stomach!

this all started due to the high blood sugar I had the night before due to steroids and the fact I had very few platelets. It was back to normal the next morning but someone put in my chart they administered insulin to me during the night. They never did.

Just now, Irishsecra said:

Honestly it was hell on Earth. 

One overbearing nurse proceeded to tell me I had diabetes and would not let me leave until I had an insulin shot. When I protested, she asked me would I like it in the stomach!

this all started due to the high blood sugar I had the night before due to steroids and the fact I had very few platelets. It was back to normal the next morning but someone put in my chart they administered insulin to me during the night. They never did.

I took care of my mom (71), last summer, after double knee replacement. Man, could I tell some stories. She's now mentioning hip replacement...gawd help me.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Special K said:

It would be awesome if the boat pulled up and someone was grilling burgers on it.  Great way to thin the herd!

That would be great!  Or Probst could show up one day and try to tempt them to quit, the way his sometimes does in immunity challenges, offering burgers, donuts, candy, etc.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

One can argue whether it was a good idea to get rid of Chris or to get rid of Rick - both decisions seem short-sighted in hindsight, considering how badly this tribe is doing at challenges. My issue is that it seems like War Dog is guiding these decisions to everyone's detriment, even his own.

I'm just so sick of this show casting War Dog types - these blowhards who are in love with themselves and refer to themselves in the third person. The producers just eat that shit up and they get way too much camera time to brag about how they're running the show. 

I took a long break from this series beginning with the first Russell Hantz season because it became clear what kind of people the show loves to cast and for me, it's ruining the show. Not that War Dog is anywhere near as foul as Hantz but it's the same type of character the show thinks the audience "loves to hate."

I don't really think "loves to hate" is a thing. I either enjoy someone or I don't. I think "love to hate" is something TV producers think happens when an audience reacts actively and loudly to a character, even when it's negative. 

Long story short, War Dog is ruining this season for me. He's been responsible for voting out the two players I was most interested in.

• Love 15

Loved how incredulously David asked Wendy, "Are you trying to win?" Reminded me of how my 10-year-old daughter kicked some older cousins' butts at poker because her play was so erratic there was no second guessing it. Drove the more experienced players crazy because she appeared to not have a clue. She's always been pretty savvy though. I don't think Wendy is - just that she is playing like a big smile will keep her in the game.

• Love 3

I didn't notice any comments from anyone here about the picking of the buffs during the tribal swap.  It seems awfully convenient to me that all but one person from the Manu tribe stayed together, while the other tribe just got divided into two.  Jeffy marvels at the impossibility of it.  The contestants did the math and marvelled about it.  But was it really that "impossibly random"?

I could have sword that Jeff actually had TWO trays of buffs... presumably because all 15 buffs could not fit on one tray.  I could have sworn that he doesn't just offer both trays to someone and let them pick from either tray.  He deliberately lifts up one of the trays to someone, inviting them to pick from that tray.  Then I thought he chose when to offer the other tray.  If the three kinds of buffs themselves were not randomly allocated between both trays, and rather one tray had all of the new tribe buffs and that was the one he was offering to the former Manu, then maybe it's not so random.  Could just be me looking for a conspiracy theory, but I can't have been the only one to notice Jeff not presenting both trays to someone when they were choosing.

Reem truly sucks.  I can't stand her voice.  It makes my ears bleed.  She is so whiny and grouchy.

5 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I didn't notice any comments from anyone here about the picking of the buffs during the tribal swap.  It seems awfully convenient to me that all but one person from the Manu tribe stayed together, while the other tribe just got divided into two.  Jeffy marvels at the impossibility of it.  The contestants did the math and marvelled about it.  But was it really that "impossibly random"?

I could have sword that Jeff actually had TWO trays of buffs... presumably because all 15 buffs could not fit on one tray.  I could have sworn that he doesn't just offer both trays to someone and let them pick from either tray.  He deliberately lifts up one of the trays to someone, inviting them to pick from that tray.  Then I thought he chose when to offer the other tray.  If the three kinds of buffs themselves were not randomly allocated between both trays, and rather one tray had all of the new tribe buffs and that was the one he was offering to the former Manu, then maybe it's not so random.  Could just be me looking for a conspiracy theory, but I can't have been the only one to notice Jeff not presenting both trays to someone when they were choosing.

Reem truly sucks.  I can't stand her voice.  It makes my ears bleed.  She is so whiny and grouchy.

That could be...about the trays. I did see him with 2 and presenting one. And maybe the oppositional defiant, Big Wendy, asked to take one from the tray he wasn't presenting thus she got switched out. That would be a kind of experiment in itself...to see who would ask for the other tray. I might need to go back and rewatch. I'd also like to know what the signs say (the 2 they walk down to after being voted off and say something about a choice, leave or go to extinction island...the exact wording).

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1

I think the big problem with this season is that we are 4 episodes in and we don't have much better of an idea than we did at the start about who the major players are, how the alliances will shake out or who is likely to go far.

I think this is because:

1) EOE means nobody has actually been eliminated and we have no idea how many will return to the game or when and how.  

2) The original Manu tribe has been so terrible in challenges that we have no idea what the strong alliances in Kama are.  

3) With Manu losing 4 members and the tribe swap happening we don't know if Kama will stay "Kama Strong" and vote them all out first, or if the oversized Kama alliance will cause some Kama members to fear being at the bottom and  make them flip and join up with Manu members. 

4) We don't know whether, if they make it to the merge, the 4 returning players will stick with their tribal alliances or join up with each other.   

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

I believe Peachy was saying during the challenge that the tribes had to put all the pieces into the frame before they could "start working on it"

Yes, he said it quickly at first, when he was explaining the challenge.

3 hours ago, Special K said:

Wardog (Dan?): has those kind of ball-bearing eyes, where the pupil seems to be dilated all the way, all the time.  Like he's always in fight-or-flight mode.  Makes me uneasy.

I've seen several comments about Wardog's eyes being weird, but I see nothing strange about them.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, blackwing said:

14 minutes ago, survivinmt said:

I am pretty sure the 2 trays are for gender so that there are more even amounts of men and women on each team.

Yes, that's how they've done it in previous seasons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I don't hate Reem either, although I wouldn't want to spend any time with her. I had to laugh when she made the Holiday Inn comment because it reminded me of Vanuatu Twila who said the same thing. There's something sort of touching about them thinking the Holiday Inn is the height of luxury, 

LOL!  Even rappers reference the Holiday Inn, a lot!

It reminds me of when I was singing a Mariah Carey song where she referenced Pinot Grigio and one of my friends was like, what kind of reference is that?  You can get a PG for $9.  

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There's something sort of touching about them thinking the Holiday Inn is the height of luxury, 

Well, compared to EoE, maybe it would be! I've stayed at Holiday Inns in the past and found them to be...very clean and at least comfortable. When I'm just looking for a place to crash, I don't need a 5-star hotel.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think the big problem with this season is that we are 4 episodes in and we don't have much better of an idea than we did at the start about who the major players are, how the alliances will shake out or who is likely to go far.

I think this is because:

1) EOE means nobody has actually been eliminated and we have no idea how many will return to the game or when and how.  

2) The original Manu tribe has been so terrible in challenges that we have no idea what the strong alliances in Kama are.  

3) With Manu losing 4 members and the tribe swap happening we don't know if Kama will stay "Kama Strong" and vote them all out first, or if the oversized Kama alliance will cause some Kama members to fear being at the bottom and  make them flip and join up with Manu members. 

4) We don't know whether, if they make it to the merge, the 4 returning players will stick with their tribal alliances or join up with each other.   

I love Kelley, but if all 4 returnees make the merge, both Kama and Manu could band together to take out all 4 returnees. I know it's not likely to happen, but I know most of Kama were totally anti returnees.

Edited by TVFan1

Thanks for the comments about the buffs being separated by gender, I hadn't noticed that.  I still find it very suspicious that there really wasn't much of a tribal shuffle.

I'm curious about why we didn't see anyone looking for an idol at Lesu.  New beach = new idol.  Obviously Kelley knows that, and I find it odd that she wouldn't have kept looking until she found one.  I know it is entirely possible that plenty of people were looking but nobody found one so they didn't use air time on it, but still.  Especially knowing that they would have to "vote out one of the family" you'd think that everyone would have been looking and someone would have found one.

I truly despise the Warthog.  "It's time for Wardog to do what's best for the Wardog."  Get over yourself already.  He and Reem so far are the only two people in this season that I really can't stand.  Granted, a new character called Aurora showed up in this episode, and we haven't heard much on the show from Julia or Julie, but so far they don't seem as objectionable as Dan or Reem.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, EllenB said:

It looked like the ones NOT working the puzzles had a better view of what had been completed so far - the pair doing the work were too close to get an overall view.  So it would have made sense for the workers and the watchers to switch about halfway through.  That's about the point where Wendy went in, I think.

I said on a previous season but I still think it's ridiculous that those not doing the puzzle can actually help, I wouldn't let people switch out on an immunity challenge either.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

I said on a previous season but I still think it's ridiculous that those not doing the puzzle can actually help, I wouldn't let people switch out on an immunity challenge either.

I agree... I was surprised when Wendy switched out on a puzzle but I guess when it's prohibited they probably would have been told offscreen in advance that no switching was allowed.  In any event, switching didn't help them because they were so far from completion.  The dragon portion of the puzzle was so messed up and it's interesting that they thought they were so close.

Between David and Rick I am surprised that the others thought Rick was a bigger social threat.  They thought that Rick would be more likely to drop them at the merge.  1), the merge is at least a few votes away, and 2), if anything, David seems more likely to ally with others.  He looks physically weak and unassuming and seems to be able to get along with anyone.  

I want this tribe to continue to lose.  They really did get some of the physically weaker players and now they have Lauren who is sick and not eating.

• Love 2

Chris mentioned that they haven't been given any information about exactly what is happening on EoE.  I really want them to find out soon how it is going to work.  As I said last episode, I want some drama on that island apart from "you voted us out, we hate you".

In the prior episode we were shown the individual messages in a bottle which turned out to be identical maps to the same small bit of rice.  Did they not get bottles this episode?  I really want them to figure out soon that these people are their competition.  I want there to be a race to the rice and I want one person to take it all.  I want them to decide who they want to work with and I want to see splintered groups of people.  I want Chris to catch fish and eat it all.  It's really boring watching them sit around.

We have heard before about how production picks every stitch of a contestant's clothing including underwear, and Angelina said it again in interviews after many commented about her ugly yoga pants.  It seems to me that the show wanted to play up Rick's identity as a TV newscaster by putting him in a suitcoat, dress shirt and tie.  Seems uncomfortable and not practical for a tropical island.  But it doesn't explain why he actually wears the tie to Tribal Council, unless they are highly suggesting that he wear it because of the "Tribal Council is formal, let's dress up" aspect.

On the other hand, after listening incessantly about how cold Angelina was last season, I noticed that several of the contestants were given sweatshirts or hoodies, like Reem and Chris.  I wonder why some get clothes that are more practical than others.  For example, Chris' outfit.  They gave him jeans which are horrible in water and just overall horrible in a tropical climate, which I suppose is to encourage him to walk around pretty much all the time in his brightly coloured boxer briefs.  But they also gave him a baseball-style long sleeve T-shirt as well as a very comfortable looking lightweight hoodie.  Very versatile, he can wear either separately or he can layer them together for more warmth.  His outfit actually seems very practical for surviving on EoE where I can't really tell if they have an actual shelter or not or if they are just sleeping amongst that broken ship.  I actually really like those two pieces, especially the colour combo of the t-shirt, they are something I would actually wear myself and now I am going to look on the internet to see if I can find them or something similar.  

Going to pay more attention to people's outfits next week to see if there is some disparity in what each has been given to wear.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lamima said:

I'd also like to know what the signs say (the 2 they walk down to after being voted off and say something about a choice, leave or go to extinction island...the exact wording).

You have a decision to make:

option1.jpg

option2.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, millennium said:

For me, part of it is that the most annoying losers (Reem, Keith, Reem, the Anchorman, and Reem) don't go away.   There has always been something cathartic about watching people you can't stand get voted off and spirited away.   Now they linger on and on and on, acting even more wretchedly than before.  

Yes, this is one of the reasons I hate and am so bored with this season, as so many people have said.  Also, I decided when I turned off the Tribal Council that I just cannot stand Probst any more.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, susannot said:

Yes, this is one of the reasons I hate and am so bored with this season, as so many people have said.  Also, I decided when I turned off the Tribal Council that I just cannot stand Probst any more.

Oh I have despised Jeffy for years.  He always acts like hosting Survivor is the equivalent of curing cancer.   During the IC, he said one of his favourite phrases that he seems to say once every season that is one of my most hated of his sayings.... “THIS is why you play Survivor!!!!!!”   He needs to get over himself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Oh I have despised Jeffy for years.  He always acts like hosting Survivor is the equivalent of curing cancer.   During the IC, he said one of his favourite phrases that he seems to say once every season that is one of my most hated of his sayings.... “THIS is why you play Survivor!!!!!!”   He needs to get over himself.

I think they love to pump the angle of how playing Survivor is life altering.  And while it can be eye opening for a certain demographic of person who needs to discover self reliance, for the most part this is casting salad for famewhores.  I mean it's not The Bachelor or anything but let's not pretend this is anything more than vapid entertainment.

• Love 6

Wendy is an odd one.  She is so against them eating the chickens, she even said that "all creatures deserve to live".  And yet when she is giving her new tribe mates a tour of the camp, she takes them down to the beach and points to a spot and says, "there are a lot of sharks there so it is the best place to get fish".   If all creatures deserve to live why is she recommending the best place to get fish?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dstann said:

Wendy is an odd one.  She is so against them eating the chickens, she even said that "all creatures deserve to live".  And yet when she is giving her new tribe mates a tour of the camp, she takes them down to the beach and points to a spot and says, "there are a lot of sharks there so it is the best place to get fish".   If all creatures deserve to live why is she recommending the best place to get fish?

Victoria's tweet:

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, susannot said:

I can't stand his shirts, like the ones he wore at the past two Tribal Councils.   They look like something John O'Hurley would envision and describe while playing J. Peterman.  

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/13/2019 at 11:30 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

Reem sure talks tough for someone who greedily accepts fish.  If she felt that way then it should be every man for himself on Dumpster Fire Island.  No passive aggressive crap to the camera but then seeking solace and food etc from her fellow strandies. 

Oh my God, will Reem ever shut the fuck up? Chris is a much bigger man than I, because after all the bitching and whining from Keith and Nurse Jackie, after I'd caught a few fish on my own, I would have headed their way, swung the fish over my shoulder inches from their faces... and continued walking, while shouting "Catch your own goddamn fish, assholes!" over my shoulder.

Yes, I am a petty selfish bitch.

I'd actually come around on Rick (no longer Jared) since the first episode, so was hoping he'd stay, but that fakeout wasn't fooling anyone. I knew Warthog (ugh) would cast the deciding vote for Rick, so that lovey-dovey Kumbaya Tribal had me checking my watch. As has much of this season, actually.

20 hours ago, Gummo said:

Look, I really wanted to like Wendy, she started off kooky and yes, rather attractive. But what a selfish, entitled camera whore she's turned out to be. 1. Those are not YOUR chickens, they belong to the tribe. 2. So NOW you decide to go vegan, and you think you have the right to impose your choice on everyone else? Fuck you. 3. Unfortunately, she's good in challenges so she's not going anywhere soon. Sigh, what an asshole. 

As for Wendy, wow. I completely agree with all of this. I'd wrote her off as irritating before the show started (based solely on TV previews and knowing nothing about her Tourette's), then changed my mind during the first 2 episodes and was starting to root for her. Now? She can fuck right off, and take her cutesy schtick with her. Can't remember the last time I've changed my mind that quickly on a contestant, but it has been awhile.

I'm tired and can't think of anything else to write as of now, except: Reem and Wendy --

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, blackwing said:

Thanks for the comments about the buffs being separated by gender, I hadn't noticed that.  I still find it very suspicious that there really wasn't much of a tribal shuffle.

I don't find it suspicious personally because I don't think this is what they wanted at all.  They presumably shuffle tribes to change things, not to not change things.  I bet they were extremely frustrated by the results of this swap, to be honest.

• Love 24
9 hours ago, blackwing said:

id get some of the physically weaker players and now they have Lauren who is sick and not eating.

I was wondering as well, I hope keeping Lauren isn't a mistake for the show.

Edited by amazingracefan
17 hours ago, fishcakes said:

There's something sort of touching about them thinking the Holiday Inn is the height of luxury, and it made me go look at Reem's CBS bio to see what she does for a living.

Yep, it makes me laugh every time.  Whenever my son comes home to a freshly cleaned house with perhaps some new throw pillows or flowers, his high compliment is always, "It looks like a Best Western in here!"

2 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

I was wondering as well, I hope keeping Lauren isn't a mistake for the show.

I know.  I'm a big admirer of the Amazon princess but also  worried for her.  She will dehydrate so fast if she doesn't keep some rice down.  It always seems like the young athletic types who can't make it without food.  Bobby Jon, Beastmode Cowboy.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, blackwing said:

I really want them to figure out soon that these people are their competition.  I want there to be a race to the rice and I want one person to take it all.  I want them to decide who they want to work with and I want to see splintered groups of people.  I want Chris to catch fish and eat it all.  It's really boring watching them sit around.

I think this is what Production wanted too. Surely they hoped that people would try to bully each other into quitting. I think it's kind of hilarious that, so far, the players aren't giving them what they want.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I don't find it suspicious personally because I don't think this is what they wanted at all.  They presumably shuffle tribes to change things, not to not change things.  I bet they were extremely frustrated by the results of this swap, to be honest.

I agree.  I dismiss conspiracy theories, when the conspiracy does not benefit the alleged conspirators.  As, you said, the outcome was probably the opposite of what production was hoping for.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I know.  I'm a big admirer of the Amazon princess but also  worried for her.  [Lauren] will dehydrate so fast if she doesn't keep some rice down.  It always seems like the young athletic types who can't make it without food.  Bobby Jon, Beastmode Cowboy.

Actually I think dehydration is already Lauren’s current problem, and is causing the nausea and other symptoms.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think this is what Production wanted too. Surely they hoped that people would try to bully each other into quitting. I think it's kind of hilarious that, so far, the players aren't giving them what they want.

This is exactly what they were hoping for.  In one of the promos for the season (maybe last season's finale) they talked about the hardships the castoffs would have to face, including being pressured to quit by their fellow island mates. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Actually I think dehydration is already Lauren’s current problem, and is causing the nausea and other symptoms.

She really needs to eat and more importantly drink, whether she feels like it or not.  You would think a D1 athlete would understand the importance of hydrating.  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Maverick said:

This is exactly what they were hoping for.  In one of the promos for the season (maybe last season's finale) they talked about the hardships the castoffs would have to face, including being pressured to quit by their fellow island mates. 

If that was the plan, they needed to tell them something like "only one of you will get off this island" and make the competitive aspect clear.  If they do that, no more lovefest EDGE OF EXTINCTION, I think.

• Love 4

Not paying enough attention to know for sure who is working with Kelley and Lauren to get out Chris and Anchor man but they are idiots of they don't realize those two will come after anyone else before each other.  

21 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

Not paying enough attention to know for sure who is working with Kelley and Lauren to get out Chris and Anchor man but they are idiots of they don't realize those two will come after anyone else before each other.  

That would be Dan. He has been protecting Kelly and choose to work with her over David this week.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, Lamb18 said:

I guess I'm on the chickens' side. They’re the fourth tribe, the Cluck tribe.

Yep, with the way this season is going, I want one of the chickens to win. That reddish one that was being really noisy is my favorite.

I'm feeling snarky and rebellious, so Wendy FTW!!! (The female member of this household wants Joe to win, of course).

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

It was The Warthog's idea to get rid of Chris, after Chris floated the idea (which came from David and Rick) to blindside Wentworth.  

The Warthog was the deciding vote in voting out Rick as well.  Rick and David wanted Wentworth out.  

I'm not sure Lauren and Wentworth are any tighter than David and Rick, so Warthog would probably end up being #3 either way.   If the Lesu Browns lose again, it will be interesting to see how it will go.  I am guessing David would be the most likely to get voted out, unless he can convince Wentworth and Lauren to vote out The Warthog.   I doubt the Lauren or Wentworth would join the two guys to vote out the other woman, but who knows?

Also, Lauren has an idol.  

The more I think about it, the more I think it might be The Warthog.  He has already shown the others that he can be impulsive and disloyal by blindsiding Chris.  If I were Wentworth and Lauren, I would trust David more, even though they have been working more closely with The Warthog. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

If that was the plan, they needed to tell them something like "only one of you will get off this island" and make the competitive aspect clear.  If they do that, no more lovefest EDGE OF EXTINCTION, I think.

Agreed.  Chris said that they haven't been given any information about what they are supposed to be doing there.  Whether they are supposed to be a new tribe, or what.  Tell them now and start the in-fighting.

I do think that the producers need to make things harsher.  I suggested last week that it should be just like "Naked and Afraid".  Who really wants it the most?  I think most of them would drop out pretty much immediately.

1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm not sure Lauren and Wentworth are any tighter than David and Rick, so Warthog would probably end up being #3 either way.   If the Lesu Browns lose again, it will be interesting to see how it will go.  I am guessing David would be the most likely to get voted out, unless he can convince Wentworth and Lauren to vote out The Warthog.   I doubt the Lauren or Wentworth would join the two guys to vote out the other woman, but who knows?

Also, Lauren has an idol.  

The more I think about it, the more I think it might be The Warthog.  He has already shown the others that he can be impulsive and disloyal by blindsiding Chris.  If I were Wentworth and Lauren, I would trust David more, even though they have been working more closely with The Warthog. 

They had no qualms about voting out their physically strongest player so I don't see why they need to keep The Warthog around anymore.  There's fourteen people left, they just have to last a few more rounds and then there is a merge.  So dump him now before he turns on them.  It's not like it seems like he is contributing all that much physically.  Chris was really strong.  This guy looks like he should be strong and athletic but doesn't seem to be helping all that much.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

She really needs to eat and more importantly drink, whether she feels like it or not.  You would think a D1 athlete would understand the importance of hydrating.  

To be fair, Lauren’s past soccer experience probably never required her to maintain a hydration regimen for longer than a few hours at a shot....

...you’d still expect her to be able to recognize the signs, though.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Nashville said:

To be fair, Lauren’s past soccer experience probably never required her to maintain a hydration regimen for longer than a few hours at a shot....

...you’d still expect her to be able to recognize the signs, though.

Also, I looked up her record at Baylor and I think she only played a little, one season there, due to injuries.  

2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Also, I looked up her record at Baylor and I think she only played a little, one season there, due to injuries.  

I found it funny when in a talking to camera after she found out people were thinking of voting her out she said how she had been a division 1 soccer player and how the others don't know how strong she is.  If she had been performing well at challenges people would know how strong she is.  If people don't recognize she is strong because she hasn't been performing in challenges then maybe she isn't as strong as she thinks she is.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Dominii said:

Yep, with the way this season is going, I want one of the chickens to win. That reddish one that was being really noisy is my favorite.

I'm feeling snarky and rebellious, so Wendy FTW!!! (The female member of this household wants Joe to win, of course).

I'll root for the chickens!  At least they won't go blabbing to the non-alliance members about your plans.  And if they did, who would understand them?  Probably not too strong in challenges, especially the puzzles.

Maybe Daniel Franco will win.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Chris said that they haven't been given any information about what they are supposed to be doing there.  Whether they are supposed to be a new tribe, or what.  Tell them now and start the in-fighting.

I do think that the producers need to make things harsher.  I suggested last week that it should be just like "Naked and Afraid".  Who really wants it the most?  I think most of them would drop out pretty much immediately.

It's not really even interesting until we know what exactly they're doing there. I'm sure they think by keeping me guessing they're keeping me invested, but it doesn't work that way for me. 

And I disagree they should make things harsher. On the contrary, I think they should be pampered and well fed. I think it would be hilarious if the first five or six people voted out came back stronger than ever while the rest of the contestants were starving and growing weaker. But then again, what do I know? I'm clearly not the target audience for this show, since I don't find the tedious "characters" they insist on casting every season the slightest bit amusing or entertaining.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

As much as I hated the concept of redemption island, that is at least a visible concept. The audience knows what is happening. 

And do we really need to see each person walk to the sail thing and read how to surrender? Every single fucking week? "I'll never quit. Ever." Thrilling television. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, dstann said:

I found it funny when in a talking to camera after she found out people were thinking of voting her out she said how she had been a division 1 soccer player and how the others don't know how strong she is.  If she had been performing well at challenges people would know how strong she is.  If people don't recognize she is strong because she hasn't been performing in challenges then maybe she isn't as strong as she thinks she is.

Then they must be blind then because she was the first one up the A frame at the challenge from her tribe.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 6

After dozing off a couple of times last week, I found this episode quite pleasant to watch, and even entertaining. My favorite moment is probably the convo between David and Wendy, but there were a number of funny moments here and there. Oh, and I felt for the chickens, being woken up and taken out of their warm and comfy coop in the dead of night - that one chick did all it could to keep on sleeping and was still tossed in the cold, at night, brrrr. Plus, chicken are NOT nocturnal animals.

My enjoyment fell towards the end of the episode, however, and it's only when the new exiled left tribal council area that I realised why: there's no real ending to the episodes this season. Everyone's still there on the screen every week. I think it's really time I knew a bit more of what's in store, so I can start being interested in the whole game again, rather than only enjoying random moments and getting detached by the end of the episode.

(I once read a book which was one long sentence. Or rather I tried to read it. At some point, I became annoyed with the author for putting me through that, I resented the gimmick so much that it took me out of the story, and I gave up on the book. I need full points in a narration. Now I've realised that I want full points not only in written narratives but also in filmed ones.)

• Love 8
12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And I disagree they should make things harsher. On the contrary, I think they should be pampered and well fed. I think it would be hilarious if the first five or six people voted out came back stronger than ever while the rest of the contestants were starving and growing weaker. 

That would just be the Outcast tribe twist and I guess they wanted to try something different.