Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E04: I Need a Dance Partner

Whimsy
Message added by Whimsy

As a reminder, this is the thread to talk about the latest episode of Survivor.  Any continued talk about the Brown's players, statistics, rankings, etc (I'm not a sport person.  I hope those are the right words) will be removed.  

• Start Topic

Poor Julia. Still no confessionals from her. 

How has David, who I do like, continued to slide by? Wentworth at least is a good obvious shield.

Victoria has been quite visible for someone who has yet to visit tribal council.

Reem had me in stitches tonight. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Wendy was so funny at the beginning. I can see why she'd be annoying, but she's funny to watch and it's funny to see the others' reactions.

That sure is a messed up rearrangement of tribes (almost typed "tripe"). Because they weren't rearranged. Kama was split in two and that's about it.

This seems like the longest I've heard Joe talk in all his three seasons. Ron is such a sly devil! Conspiring with Julia to search Joe's bag! And Julia says, "There's nothing in his pants." Ahem.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

Damn that sucks I like Rick.  But that tribe continuously sucking hardcore makes me laugh and laugh.

David absolutely needs to start wearing pants to Tribal.

Fuck you Wendy you selfish beeyotch.

And just like that Kelley’s Cleveland Browns reference is dated.  Sniffle.  Love you OBJ!

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 8

I’m not sure I can continue watching while crazy Wendy is on. She is a lunatic and not in a good way. 

However it’s pretty amusing to have Wentworth’s tribe continue to lose. Different name, same result. 

• Love 16

Was Keith really blindsided?  And I’m guessing Reem still hasn’t figured out Keith threw her under the bus for the first vote.  It was way too much with 3 tribes and the EOE tribe of castoffs.  And Chris will have no reason to be bitter at Rick; he and David tried to warn him not to trust Wardog.

With how the tribes came out, this is the first time in many years I’ve believed a tribe swap to be random. 

Big Wendy lives!  I’m glad she threw her former tribe under the bus.  I don’t care that she’s a chicken prison breaker hypocrite or a little quirky, I love her!

So Old Manu/New Lesu voted out two weak links and a strong player and are still losing.  And god, now Wentworth is on a last name basis with Rick?  Disappointed, but not surprised, with the vote.  I don’t think Wardog was as much of a swing vote as they tried to make it seem.  I’m just glad those 3 are at least still losing.  But I want David to stick around, so hopefully he finds Lesu’s idol or they win.  Wardog is definitely making enemies.

After that article about Julia and her lack of confessionals/airtime this season, I have to laugh that the most screen time she got so far was tonight and only involved going through Joe’s bag (a huge pet peeve of mine).  And still no individual confessionals.  And it was on Ron’s orders to go through the bag.

• Love 10

Reem is awful.

I have to apologize to Rick. With my usual good luck and Survivor foresight at the start of the ep, I thought this guy has been getting a lot of THs all season. Maybe he'll win. He was instantly doomed.

Really dislike Wendy at this point, partly bc of what's shown on screen partly bc of her social media posts. Those chickens were probably safer and more comfortable in the pen. And did I hear her suggest fishing instead? So every life is worth saving but fish?

• Love 24

First of all I hate when people go thru other people’s personal belongings. 

So Wendy let the chickens go but they hung around camp. Lose, lose for Wendy I guess? Sorry, I don’t think she’s cute or funny.

why keep Lauren when she’s sick, not eating and crying about being homesick, but whatever, I did not notice if Rick was strong in challenges or not.

I like the bitchy greeting to EOE  Reem gives all the arriving voted off contestants.

• Love 11

Ok. I will give props to the editors I legitimately thought it was going to be Lauren tonight especially with the talk of her missing home which possibly could  have made her the first not to go to Extinction island.  I am actaully surprised she didn't play that idol.

oh and despite being sick she was the first one up the A-frame from her tribe and helped the others up.  So no she wasn't "weak"

And can also add how funny it is that Jeff won't call her Big Wendy but her new tribe does. lol

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 8

The chickens will probably hang out around camp even though they're set free. There will be plenty of bugs for them to eat. (Later) One came back. I guess I'm on the chickens' side. They’re the fourth tribe, the Cluck tribe.

Too bad for Lesser losing, those guys have been at every tribal so far. Maybe their tribe name should be Loser. I wonder who Wardog Peacekitty will select to vote out.  Now why does he wear his buff over his mouth? And his ambition is to be an ambulance chaser. With his blender analogy he'd be a great contestant on Worst Cooks in America.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 8

I don't know...I like Wendy. Sometimes, if confronted with a live animal, its hard to imagine killing it to eat it. At least her new tribe, since they did not actually win the challenge for the chickens, could have waited a few days before talking about killing one. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

And just like that Kelley’s Cleveland Browns reference is dated.  Sniffle.  Love you OBJ!

Ha! I’m skeptical that even OBJ can help the Browns so I’m still giving Kelly credit for that one.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Wendy was so funny at the beginning. 

LOL.  I'm so glad somebody else said it first!  I laughed hysterically throughout this episode.  Man, I love this show.  Everything about it.

I rewound the IC like 3 times.  I loved it.  And I usually find the challenges the most boring part.  This one was incredible.  The visuals of the human ladders and the sliding.  And Lauren's incredible body.  Yikes.

I just love this show!  I know people are declaring this season sucks already but I love it.  And yes, Reem is HILARIOUS.  Queen of The Edge of Extinction.  What did she say?  "This ain't the fuckin Holiday Inn.  This is the Edge of Extinction."  Ok I threw the "fuckin" in there but I love Reem and her Reeminess.

All the tribes stay the same, thank god.  Did the producers mess with the bag because they know how much we hate the tribe swapping and not knowing who anyone is.  We kind of know who everyone is and it makes things that much more fun.

Why was Kama openly cheering for (Manu)?  That was hilarious and so mean.

The only thing I find hard is that you guys interchangeably using Ron Burgundy, Devens, Rick, Anchorman, Jared Fogle (sp?) and I rarely know who Rick is.  I guess I do now.  Hopefully nobody uses Wardog's real name here because that will confuse me even more.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
Just now, tvfanatic13 said:

I HATE that we don’t see the votes bc of this stupid extinction island. 

Kelley, Lauren and the guy formerly known as Dan voted for Rick.  Rick and David voted for Lauren.

• Love 4

What if one of them wrote "Jared" instead of "Rick"? And Jared goes to Extinction with a backpack full of Subway sandwiches!

In the meantime, at Extinction the Manu tribe is reassembling itself. Soon half of Manu will be at Extinction.

• LOL 5

“And Wendy is still on the tribe with her tightest alliance—the chickens.”  *dies laughing*  Well said, Rick!!  For you, I'm glad there's Edge of Extinction.  At least things might get a little more entertaining over there.

One thing that’s always pissed me off when two tribes split into three is the fact that one tribe has to rebuild an entire camp.  It puts them at a disadvantage—the other two tribes can sit back and relax because all their stuff is together.  If the show is going to do that, the only fair thing would be to make all three tribes start from zero.

I cannot believe Wendy SERIOUSLY released the chickens!!  It was one thing when Tai was concerned about the chicken, because that was part of who he was--I can't remember if he was a vegetarian, but caring about the chicken didn't feel contrived with Tai.  With Wendy, it's totally contrived and annoying as hell.  As for saving their lives…she’s released them on an island that may or may not be their natural habitat to be fodder for any predator that comes along with a taste for chicken.  Or, as my father pointed out (and as we saw), the chickens don’t go too far from camp, giving the players a chance to catch them and eat them anyway.  *rolls eyes* I am so over Wendy.

And maybe it’s been like this for a while and I'm just now catching on, but it seems like more and more of this season's episodes so far have been with the losing tribe after the immunity challenge as they strategize about who’s going home.  So we’re losing out on the chance to get to know people as more than just strategists.  And then they wonder why we sometimes scratch our heads trying to figure out how somebody won.  Watch it be Julia.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Wendy was so funny at the beginning.

Huh, because I kind of just wanted to punch her in the face and I swear I'm not a violent person. She just became really, really grating after about five minutes of the cutesy, silly, "I'm the weird, lovable goof" shtick.  Like shut up already. And if it was this annoying to me watching at home, bless these people stuck out there, wet, cold and hungry, dealing with that. 

I really hate seasons where one tribe really, really freaking sucks. It just becomes tedious after awhile and I don't get to truly see the dynamics of the other tribes and get to know the other players very well. And once again, Joe'll likely make the merge because once again, Joe's tribes don't lose pre-merge. That's how he's remained safe almost all the times he's played before. And then we'll get to the merge and everyone will be gunning for him the second he loses an immunity challenge. 

I'm also ready for something to happen with the whole Edge of Extinction. I can't imagine they'll re-enter the game as one tribe because then the game starts again with a full cast and they only have so many weeks for the season. If they have to play some challenge to decide who gets back in, well get on with it already. I'm going to assume this is going to go until maybe the merge is about to happen. 

Kind of bummed Rick is out because he's one of the few cast members this season that I actually liked as opposed to just not knowing who the hell they are or just feeling meh. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

I cannot believe Wendy SERIOUSLY released the chickens!!  It was one thing when Tai was concerned about the chickens, because that was part of who he was--I can't remember if he was a vegetarian, but it didn't feel contrived with Tai. 

Tai looked really sad all of the time.  He named a chicken Mark after his boyfriend (do I have that right?)  And would cuddle it really closely, like a child.  He seemed genuinely forlorn.  I'm pretty sure he wept a few times.

I like how terrible that one tribe is because they can't figure out their horrible chemistry and it's kind of fascinating.  I guess Kelley and David are like stubborn polar opposites or something.  Lauren and Wardog, ESPECIALLY Wardog are so dazzled by Kelley and Rick and David aren't.  I couldn't really understand all of their crying over each other at TC, I mean it was weird and unique and nice but really?  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Wentworth’s Cleveland Browns dig came a week too late.

More like a season too late lol. Won 7 games last year screwed by Refs outta a few more. Then we added OBJ yesterday! Love Wentworth but when she made that reference I was like STFU WENTWORTH WE DONT SUCK LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Damn that sucks I like Rick.  But that tribe continuously sucking hardcore makes me laugh and laugh.

I know I was SHOCKED My Boys Got OBJ Yesterday.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Where did you (and can I going forward) see the votes?

I based on what they showed in the episode. Lauren and Kelley said they were going to vote together and Ricka nd David said they were going to vote together. The deciding vote on who goes home can from "The Dan".

• Love 1

Shut up Reem. 

The EOE island can descend into the sea. I don't care about any of those folks. 

Wendy would drive me nuts if I was on that island with her, but she's entertaining.

Amen to the poster above that commented about the squid shooting the ink shot, that was cool.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Ha! I’m skeptical that even OBJ can help the Browns so I’m still giving Kelly credit for that one.

Browns went from 0 wins to 7 and would've had more if not for BS Ref Calls so they arent a joke 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Agree with everything except about OBJ.  He is a cancer.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, and did you all notice Wendy prancing around right after last week’s TC?  (Right at the beginning of this epi?). So much for her badly bruised ankle. 

Watch out.  Prepare to be dragged for pointing out that Psycho Wendy is exaggerating her injury, like I was.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

One thing that’s always pissed me off when two tribes split into three is the fact that one tribe has to rebuild an entire camp.  It puts them at a disadvantage—the other two tribes can sit back and relax because all their stuff is together.  If the show is going to do that, the only fair thing would be to make all three tribes start from zero.

And maybe it’s been like this for a while and I'm just now catching on, but it seems like more and more of this season's episodes so far have been with the losing tribe after the immunity challenge as they strategize about who’s going home.  So we’re losing out on the chance to get to know people as more than just strategists.  And then they wonder why we sometimes scratch our heads trying to figure out how somebody won.  Watch it be Julia.

Totally agree.  I think they should (for something different) make the new tribe like the Haves camp from S14.  Or, at the very least, do what you suggested.  Or let them pluck creature comforts from their old camps, or something.  

As to the second part of your comment, I think it's been like that for a few seasons now.  My biggest pet peeve is that most seasons seem to be idol hunting, challenges, strategizing, and classifying every vote off as being a blindside.  Last season the editing was so much better, and I don't know why they changed it for this season.  And if we're going to go to EOE for a considerable period of time now that more people are getting voted off, they should have done two tribes.  Now I feel like we're watching four. 

Curious what's going to become of NuOldKama.  I do think Joe is at risk at being voted off, but I'm hoping Ron's comments come back to bite him.  I really don't like him, and not because he's targeting my favorite man bun.  But there is something about a bad vibe he gives off.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, LanceM said:

David Episode 1 "I wan't t vote out Kelley but now is not the right time"

David Episode 2 "I wan't t vote out Kelley but now is not the right time"

David Episode 3 "I wan't t vote out Kelley but now is not the right time"

David Episode 4 "I wan't t vote out Kelley but now is not the right time"

I am thinking times up.

The thing is, it never really made sense for him to target Wentworth.  He should have tried to work with her.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Browns went from 0 wins to 7 and would've had more if not for BS Ref Calls so they arent a joke 

Yeah....7 wins is nothing to brag about. In any case, it was an apt reference on Kelley’s part.

19 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Yes!! This has always bothered me too. I guess it’s part of the game but it still always seems so unfair. This is also the number one reason why I would have had chicken for every meal after winning that reward.

• Love 6

I was hoping that we'd see a classic Survivor swing vote elimination, but I guess Kelley and David never got their heads together to think "hey, should we just vote out Wardog?"  Then again, if Wardog was even willing to eliminate Chris to protect Kelley last week, his chief alliance is clearly with her at this point.

The only other non-switch tribe switch in Survivor history that I can recall was in All-Stars, when Amber was the only one to move to new tribe.  So this obviously means that Wendy will win, then  end up marrying one of her old Manu tribemates.

Edited by OutOfTheQuestion
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

I kinda hated that this 'Kumbaya Survivor' thing took over the vote. "Oh we don't want to vote out anyone!! We luuuuuuvvvvv one another!" Whatever. I really hated though that they collectively took the easy/non-strategic way out between obvious (from physical stature, etc.) vote outs of Rick or the ailing & homesick Lauren. Why were David and Kelley not even considered? "Oh this isn't the time to vote out Kelly." The hell it isn't, what better time than an easy opportunity to rustle up ONE vote by one of the duos? Totally worthless strategically to vote off Jared.

• Love 14

I don’t remember how I felt about Wentworth before so it must not have been too strong one way or the other. This go-round I am 100% over her. She annoys me. Her voice. Her opinion. Her limited strategy. Annoyed. 

The lovey dovey tribal was boring. I prefer the entertaining and surprising ones. 

• Love 11

If the show is going to waste so much time with The Castaways, it needs to be at least 90 minutes per episode.  I still have no idea who is on the show except for the returnees and the hapless constant losers.

And Wendy?  Shut up.  Just shut up.

• Love 9

I stopped & got KFC to bring home for supper, all in honor to Wendy ! Man, that was some tasty bird ! ( Ok, I actually didn't even remember Wendy & the Chickens until the show started, it was just how it worked out. But it did strike me as funny.) I just don't understand her thinking about them- does she think she has no chance to win anyway, so just do it because she wants to ? Does she think she will be so annoying that people will drag her along to the end as a goat ? I just think it's dumb to blow your chance on the show over a chicken ! It's not like they want to slaughter beagle puppies, you know ? They're chickens- dumb as rocks with a lot of meant on their bones. Eat 'em !

Still don't like Reem at all. She was probably playing it up for the camera, but to say hey, we're not helping you at all pal, until said pal brings home some fish. Then he's alright ? Hopefully, whenever they get around to doing something with these people, she will go out 1st if possible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, willco said:

I stopped & got KFC to bring home for supper, all in honor to Wendy ! Man, that was some tasty bird ! ( Ok, I actually didn't even remember Wendy & the Chickens until the show started, it was just how it worked out. But it did strike me as funny.) I just don't understand her thinking about them- does she think she has no chance to win anyway, so just do it because she wants to ? Does she think she will be so annoying that people will drag her along to the end as a goat ? I just think it's dumb to blow your chance on the show over a chicken ! It's not like they want to slaughter beagle puppies, you know ? They're chickens- dumb as rocks with a lot of meant on their bones. Eat 'em !

Still don't like Reem at all. She was probably playing it up for the camera, but to say hey, we're not helping you at all pal, until said pal brings home some fish. Then he's alright ? Hopefully, whenever they get around to doing something with these people, she will go out 1st if possible.

I think Wendy has just gotten too cocky and comfortable. She was on chopping block yet survived 3 times so she has an invincible feeling. If they had lost the IC she would have gotten the boot. Gawd, I was hoping for that.

• Love 6