Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: The Abbie Gown

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The "thrilling competition" was throwing bags of flour out of a plane to hit a tarp target on the ground. Snore. 

Firstly why were they doing that? Secondly why did TLC not cut it? It was awful.

4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She looks very like Jessa to me here for some reason...

I really hope someone sends Jessa that screengrab and tells her how she looks so much like her mother.

All in all it wasn’t as boring as last weeks watching paint dry episode, did feel a bit sad for Abby talking about leaving her family, also wondered why John David didn’t agree to move down to where she lives when their married ? Does JB have that much control? 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Firstly why were they doing that? Secondly why did TLC not cut it? It was awful.

I really hope someone sends Jessa that screengrab and tells her how she looks so much like her mother.

All in all it wasn’t as boring as last weeks watching paint dry episode, did feel a bit sad for Abby also wondered why John David didn’t agree to move down to where she lives when their married p? Does JB have that much control? 

Are pilots licensed by the state or federal (meaning it is good for all of the US) ?  If he has to go though license process in OK - that could be a valid reason to stay with what he knows.

Also way back during 19 and counting - there was a episode where there a house on some land JD was contracted to clear. The house was in poor condition, but it was his (ie part of his fee for clearing the land) and he had plans to fix it up for marriage one day. ( link )

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Puffin said:

All in all it wasn’t as boring as last weeks watching paint dry episode, did feel a bit sad for Abby also wondered why John David didn’t agree to move down to where she lives when their married p? Does JB have that much control? 

If I had to guess, JB has "convinced" every member of the family he had control over to keep all of the financials pooled together in something like a Duggar LLC -- that he controls of course.  Ben wasn't really in a position not to go along with the program when he was pursuing Jessa.  Derrick seemed on paper to have a lot of potential, but that has spectacularly crashed and burned multiple times.   I'm surprised Jeremy was able to slip inside the gates and back out again with Jinger.  I don't think he took Austin all that seriously, but I have to say he and Joy seem well matched in showing a lot of joint grit and determination and willingness to sacrifice to make it on their own.  It's not even a challenge to keep his sons under his thumb.    

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I think that's a very astute observation, Churchhoney.

But I think what does Jeremy in with this plan is the fact he keeps his more fundie beliefs under wraps. It draws in social media followers, but I think a lot of more prominent leaders in the movement would see that as a problem. 

I used to work for a place that dealt with some of the prominent ministries. Those people were absolute assholes, but they were very proud of themselves for what they perceived as their willingness to stand up to the contemporary culture and be outspoken about their unpopular beliefs. Jeremy fails on both counts. He may want to court the reformed movement/prominent fundie pastors, but his calculations that make him appealing to more mainstream people will likely be perceived as cowardice and/or an insufficient "heart" for the mission.

Edited to add: they would be intrigued by his social media following but also very disappointing in how he has chosen to use it.

Yep, I generally agree.  

And I don't think his plan is likely to work out nearly as well as he'd like long term both for this reason and because at this point he shows no signs he'd be particularly good at any of these jobs once he got them. He certainly wouldn't be offered a job by just anybody in this movement.

I guess I've just gotten some whiffs of near-desperation from some of these folks recently as their demographics start looking questionable.

So I'm guessing that if he -- and his dad -- keep pushing, then somebody is likely take this and run with it because they can't see another significant option.

After all, even among these conservative reformed leaders not everybody is going to be fully committed to the beliefs and principles above all. I just think somebody out there is likely to look  at the numbers and the high profile and what some people find the sex appeal and say, Let's give him a try...As numbers decline what other options to bring in new people have we got? 

But I'm not predicting that Jer will ever become the John MacArthur of his generation! 

I am kind of in awe of his discipline in positioning himself in the job market, though! 

As @OpieTaylor mentioned, it's worthy of Jim Bob's machinations.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

Are pilots licensed by the state or federal (meaning it is good for all of the US) ?  If he has to go though license process in OK - that could be a valid reason to stay with what he knows.

Also way back during 19 and counting - there was a episode where JD there a house on some land he was contracted to clear. The house was in poor condition, but it was his (ie part of his fee for clearing the land) and he had plans to fix it up for marriage one day. ( link )

I’ve often wondered if JD is a real pilot, I know he’s got a licence but it just seems like something he does for fun not actual work.

The link is interesting thanks, I suppose if he had built the house and everything then that’s where he wanted him and his future bride to live. I wonder if he lived in it after it was done or he was still staying at home? Why do that if he had his own house. Surely he’d want some peace and quiet sometimes. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 1

@Churchhoney, I'll give Jeremy credit that he seems quite shrewd at the social media game. I agree, though, he's not likely to work out if his gambit works.

He might get away with shirking his duties at his Laredo church, but that would not go unnoticed when he moved on to another assignment.

I think Jeremy likes the attention he gets as a big fish in a small pond but would not adapt well to being a small fish in a big pond, despite his ambition, since he'd have to actually work and prove his own worth. He seems to share the Duggar circus aversion to hard work. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Puffin said:

All in all it wasn’t as boring as last weeks watching paint dry episode, did feel a bit sad for Abby talking about leaving her family, also wondered why John David didn’t agree to move down to where she lives when their married ? Does JB have that much control? 

Disclaimer: Don't watch the show at all, so everything I say is based on hearsay. So, take it with a grain of salt.

Guess on the flour-tossing. TLC didn't cut it because TLC thought it up. (because they figured anything the Duggarlings themselves thought up would be even more boring -- but might not have the same ridicule potential)

Guess on JD not moving: JD's role in Jim Bob's life is to be his personal pilot AND the pilot licensed to ferry around people JB wants to impress or hit on for something or whatever.

As far as I know, JD's the only one with a commercial license currently, and JB certainly isn't willing to lose that because I'm sure that, in that plane, he gets face time and maybe increased influence with people he wants to grift with or suck up to or whatever.

In addition, JD is an unpaid elected constable in the county. I don't know for sure that this is the case where they live, but in most of the U.S. constables' main job is usually to act as process servers for the judiciary and, often, other government agencies.

Having JD in that position gives JB a front-row seat and, no doubt, inside information about a whole lot of what's going on legally in their county. I'm 100 percent sure that's information he very much wants to have. And since JD's an incumbent in the job and has already won election, JB wouldn't want to risk losing his eyes and ears on the mere hope that another brother could ascend to it. A JD in the hand is worth two younger brothers in the bush. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I’ve often wondered if JD is a real pilot, I know he’s got a licence but it just seems like something he does for fun not actual work.

Well, they've always kept virtually all Duggar activities involving their religious and political connections assiduously under wraps for the most part.

But it's also been well known that the Duggar plane flits around to various places where JB's religious and political cronies hang out, hail from, or frequently go. So they do fly them around -- with JB often on the flights, I expect. 

JB's never wanted that aspect of his dealings exposed, and I'm sure TLC doesn't want it exposed either, because it would bring controversies into the mix that might turn off various parts of the viewership. In addition, I'm quite sure those passengers don't want it exposed either. 

No doubt in my mind that JD got the commercial license because they were beginning to call regulatory/law-enforcement attention to themselves by flying a lot of people around supposedly for free, when they were probably charging people (at a discount, but still...) for many of those flights. Once they had a real commercial pilot in the enterprise, those dogs were called off. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

But it's also been well known that the Duggar plane flits around to various places where JB's religious and political cronies hang out, hail from, or frequently go. So they do fly them around -- with JB often on the flights, I expect. 

I think I would have been like Jed in looking for the nearest barf bag along with making sure my parachute was snug around my body. That plane looked too little for my taste/comfort in addition the sudden weather summer storms would made me afraid to be in the thing.  To come off a aircraft like that and then go speak with clarity, authority and conviction, .. naww... I would be calling a commercial airline, quick and in a hurry.

Not to be morbid.. but my thoughts did go to JFK Jr and Carolyn..flying around when they shouldn't have been.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Zella said:

@Churchhoney, I'll give Jeremy credit that he seems quite shrewd at the social media game. I agree, though, he's not likely to work out if his gambit works.

He might get away with shirking his duties at his Laredo church, but that would not go unnoticed when he moved on to another assignment.

I think Jeremy likes the attention he gets as a big fish in a small pond but would not adapt well to being a small fish in a big pond, despite his ambition, since he'd have to actually work and prove his own worth. He seems to share the Duggar circus aversion to hard work. 😂

I largely agree with this, but honestly I think he likes attention so much --- and that he's so impressed with himself by what he's currently pulling off -- that it's likely blinded him to the fact that it'd be much much tougher in a big pond. If he got into a bigger pond, I expect he'd find out quite quickly that you're right about this. But honestly I think he's too blinded by his own light at this point to realize it! 

I have a close relative who really really reminds me of Jer (I know, of course, that that means there may be no resemblance at all!) ... Anyway, he began making some small inroads in the entertainment industry in his 20s. And while most of us who knew him knew that he was very much a big-fish-in-a-small-pond guy, he really didn't get that. So he moved to an entertainment capital and started trying to make a go of it there, absolutely convinced that he'd make it big time in short order.

He is, in fact, very talented, so he had some quick success. What he hadn't bargained for, though, was that the climb up the ladder to where he was sure he deserved to be would be so long and that the results would depend on very very hard work -- and on unpredictable luck. Turned out that he was averse to putting in decades of unrelenting work and being dependent on luck. And while he was offered some very very good kind of behind-the-scenes work in his field, that didn't have the star potential he craved and thought he deserved. So before terribly long he moved to the boondocks -- and I mean the boondocks -- where he's now spent a few decades playing towns with, literally, populations of a few hundred.... and where he can be a big big star.....

And of course he still acts like a big big star. Originally he would never have dreamed that he'd end up choosing life as a big fish in a small pond. He didn't know that's what he was at heart. But eventually he figured it out (still doesn't really admit it, though). This is how I see it going with Jer, in the end. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I largely agree with this, but honestly I think he likes attention so much --- and that he's so impressed with himself by what he's currently pulling off -- that it's likely blinded him to the fact that it'd be much much tougher in a big pond. If he got into a bigger pond, I expect he'd find out quite quickly that you're right about this. But honestly I think he's too blinded by his own light at this point to realize it! 

I have a close relative who really really reminds me of Jer (I know, of course, that that means there may be no resemblance at all!) ... Anyway, he began making some small inroads in the entertainment industry in his 20s. And while most of us who knew him knew that he was very much a small-fish-in-a-big-pond guy, he really didn't get that. So he moved to an entertainment capital and started trying to make a go of it there, absolutely convinced that he'd make it big time in short order.

He is, in fact, very talented, so he had some quick success. What he hadn't bargained for, though, was that the climb up the ladder to where he was sure he deserved to be would be so long and that the results would depend on very very hard work -- and on unpredictable luck. Turned out that he was averse to putting in decades of unrelenting work and being dependent on luck. And while he was offered some very very good kind of behind-the-scenes work in his field, that didn't have the star potential he craved and thought he deserved. So before terribly long he moved to the boondocks -- and I mean the boondocks -- where he's now spent a few decades playing towns with, literally, populations of a few hundred.... and where he can be a big big star.....

And of course he still acts like a big big star. Originally he would never have dreamed that he'd end up choosing life as a big fish in a small pond. He didn't know that's what he was at heart. But eventually he figured it out (still doesn't really admit it, though). This is how I see it going with Jer, in the end. 

Oh that's so true! Jeremy does think he's ready for the big leagues and is blinded to the fact that he is a Not Ready for Primetime player.

Truthfully, I think the same can be said for Jingle. She's got the best press of the married Duggar girls right now, but being the wife of a nationally-known pastor brings a much more relentless spotlight. I don't think she's anymore ready for it than he is. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I do actually wonder if we aren't headed for the long awaited Jana announcement as this season's cliffhanger though.  

I know we've all been saying it for years at this point but I really do believe Jana is courting. Jessa teased it twice during this show and I think the slow buildup to the major announcement has started. I definitely don't think that she's courting Lawson Bates but I'm dying to know if she's courting fundie royalty or will this be a completely unknown bachelor to all of us. 

Edited by LongDenimFrumper
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

have a close relative who really really reminds me of Jer (I know, of course, that that means there may be no resemblance at all!) ... Anyway, he began making some small inroads in the entertainment industry in his 20s. And while most of us who knew him knew that he was very much a big-fish-in-a-small-pond guy, he really didn't get that. So he moved to an entertainment capital and started trying to make a go of it there, absolutely convinced that he'd make it big time in short order.

Wait...you're related to Cousin Amy? 😉

• LOL 17
4 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

We just got rid of cable, so I didn’t watch. I do want to point out that when I pulled up this thread last night, there were a mere 22 posts. I pull it up again now, it’s up to 34. Ouch. Of the TLC shows I follow on this site, Counting On has the least activity for episodes. Our boards are otherwise very lively. All that bad social media by the Duggars eclipses their actual show.

Probably because many of us refuse to actually watch this show.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He hasn’t managed to grow the Laredo church much though, has he?

Kinda looks that way, but it's hard to tell, too. Maybe it started with 25 families and now it's up to 35.... That would be 40 percent growth!

And they do have some kind of feeling that that church may be on the upswing, since they moved up from the house into the former First Presby of Laredo building (after that mainline semi-Calvinist operation disintegrated, as the mainline congregations keep doing.)  They're in much bigger digs, now. And while they may have gotten the building for very low rent or mortgage or whatever, just the fact that they have it suggests they have hope that the church will keep growing. 

Possibly they hope in vain. But, still, they're clearly hoping. 

Edited by Churchhoney
25 minutes ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

I know we've all been saying it for years at this point but I really do believe Jana is courting. Jessa teased it twice during this show and I think the slow buildup to the major announcement has started. I definitely don't think that she's courting Lawson Bates but I'm dying to know if she's courting fundie royalty or will this be a completely unknown bachelor to all of us. 

Well, having Jana get married would certainly guarantee another season.    I hope she does marry, and she has as few children as she wants.

1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

When watching the construction of the "pop up shop" my assumption was production paid for it as a cost saving measure, for present and potential future use.  It's a savings not to have to deploy the film crew up to Ms. Renee's KY shop yet again -- that's been done several times now.  If they manage to use it in the future they'll (production company) really get their money's worth.  

There was talk of keeping the mirror.   I  guess it was okay, but I really want a 3 way mirror when I am trying on anything--especially anything as important as a wedding gown.  I am a softie when it comes to watching them try on wedding gowns in part because I like to sketch, and I often sketch gowns, cats, birds, and flowers.  I was lucky when I married 30+ years ago to find a dress on the rack at a department store that was exactly what I wanted for about $400.  The other reason is that our daughter got married a few years ago;  at the time she lived several states away from us so I was not invited to help her pick out her dress.    No one was invited , although 2 of her bridesmaids lived there, too. I was only slightly hurt. 😭

1 hour ago, sATL said:

Are pilots licensed by the state or federal (meaning it is good for all of the US) ? 

Yes, they are licensed by the FAA.    I am the odd one out as I always enjoy watching JD fly.   I grew up around planes, and at one point considered getting a license.    I didn't even mind the flour toss.   I think the rain didn't last long, or if it did, they would have gone back to the hangar and had some coke and chips while they waited for it to stop.  What I hated about it was that JB was there;  I realize that he was there because the men were excused from the wedding dress "home shopping" event which brings up the fact that Michelle was trying to be front and center at that event.  They have shown too much of her recently--she was at the cake baking and in the school room with Ben and on the "field trip" to the grocery.   I hate that TLC seems to be gradually getting them screen time.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Twopper said:

What I hated about it was that JB was there;  I realize that he was there because the men were excused from the wedding dress "home shopping" event which brings up the fact that Michelle was trying to be front and center at that event.  They have shown too much of her recently--she was at the cake baking and in the school room with Ben and on the "field trip" to the grocery.   I hate that TLC seems to be gradually getting them screen time.

This a thousand times.  Too much of these two.  

• Love 14

"When they are little and you are breast feeding, it's not like you can throw snacks at em."  Jessa, I think I speak for most Mothers in America when I say, "we do not and did not throw snacks at our kids."

Try, try as hard as I might, I cannot stand Lauren. Sweetie, I don't think your wedding dress shopping was extra special because your father attended.  Clearly, he had nothing better to do.  

I just want to take a tweezer to Abbie and her sisters' eyebrows.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

. . . and they adopted a stray cat, a cat that Jeremy said they love (yeah, I'm looking at you Derrick). Jeremy and Jinger are pretty much okay by me.

I liked the clip of the sound guy petting the cat

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

"When they are little and you are breast feeding, it's not like you can throw snacks at em."  Jessa, I think I speak for most Mothers in America when I say, "we do not and did not throw snacks at our kids."

Try, try as hard as I might, I cannot stand Lauren. Sweetie, I don't think your wedding dress shopping was extra special because your father attended.  Clearly, he had nothing better to do.  

Except for that stupid and I think mean cheese challenge I keep seeing on twitter.  ASSHOLES!

I do not like Lauren and her need a fainting couch voice/dramatics

You too??  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Lauren is really annoying. It wasn't super duper special that her dad attended her wedding dress shopping, it was a creepy exertion of control.

I noticed that Abbie's sisters have a similar vocal quality to her--kind of monotone and very very calm.

• Love 9

I fell asleep last night, yea I'm old evidently, but did they cut out the stand with a CHAIN SAW? Oh well this IS the Duggars, who routinely misplace children in airports and orchestra pits so I shouldn't be shocked.

I like Abbie but enough of Michelle and Ms Renee. Surely there is a bridal shop in Tonitown? Please?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Puffin said:

I think in general that fundies expect the bride to move to be where the husband is. Most fundie couples end up where the groom is based. I think that's been true for most of the Bates girls, whose husbands often have jobs in an area. It was true of Jinger. Joy lives where Austin decides. Even Sarah Maxwell has made the assumption that if any of the Maxwell girls marry they will move to a different state or local. (And I think most of their brothers's wives came from out of state.) 

For the most part, I don't think it ever occured to JD and Abbie that he would move to OK. Abbie's vows were based on the book Ruth "I'll go where you go, etc..."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I think in general that fundies expect the bride to move to be where the husband is. Most fundie couples end up where the groom is based. I think that's been true for most of the Bates girls, whose husbands often have jobs in an area. It was true of Jinger. Joy lives where Austin decides. Even Sarah Maxwell has made the assumption that if any of the Maxwell girls marry they will move to a different state or local. (And I think most of their brothers's wives came from out of state.) 

For the most part, I don't think it ever occured to JD and Abbie that he would move to OK. Abbie's vows were based on the book Ruth "I'll go where you go, etc..."

But not princess Jessa.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

The Counting On Facebook page has a video up now of Abbie trying on the dress and Mechelle making the face 🤪

CB755A6D-A50F-4B59-B158-19B1E5A21764.jpeg

7 hours ago, Puffin said:

i-mpfT4zC-M.jpg&key=0ccb9de24df43dcc89c4

• LOL 12
3 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Lauren is really annoying. It wasn't super duper special that her dad attended her wedding dress shopping, it was a creepy exertion of control.

I agree. The whole "Dad weeping at the sight of his Little Princess in a wedding dress"  has been played out on SYTTD about a million times. Remember on the last episode thread when I said Lauren's one of those people who needs to believe she's unique or a step above the rest of us? Um, yeah....

• Love 9

I love Abbie’s curls, but I was wondering if you all think her hair natural curly. Her sisters did not appear to have as much curl and I seem to remember a picture of Abbie when she was a child and she had a “Prince Valiant” haircut, with no curl at all.

I doubt Tontitown has a wedding gown store, but I'm sure Fayetteville or Rogers have one.

Ratings are here:  963 K viewers and a .23 rating.  It was the 27th cable show of the day.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

I love Abbie’s curls, but I was wondering if you all think her hair natural curly. Her sisters did not appear to have as much curl and I seem to remember a picture of Abbie when she was a child and she had a “Prince Valiant” haircut, with no curl at all.

I sort of wondered the same thing when I saw that photo, but her curls appear pretty natural to me. She probably does this or that to enhance the curl, but my hair is actually fairly similar to hers in texture, and while I had some loose, loopy curls when I was very young, my hair was more straight than otherwise when I was around elementary school age, and the curl didn't come back until adolescence. Of course, that was the era when everyone wanted to be Marcia Brady, so I lamented the curl then, but  learned to appreciate it during the era of big hair, when all I needed to do was to dry it a bit while hanging my head upside-down, then flip it back and give it a quick once-over with a bit of hair spray and it just stayed big and fluffy with no more need for styling. I do admit that I'd kinda love to see that look come back! LOL

But, yeah, at the moment Abby and I could almost be curl-twins.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I doubt Tontitown has a wedding gown store, but I'm Fayetteville or Rogers have one.

Ratings are here:  963 K viewers and a .23 rating.  It was the 27th cable show of the day.

Yep, there are a couple of different bridal stores in the area. (I've never been to any of them, but they're there.) Even if the Duggars didn't like the local selection, they could much more easily drive to someplace like Tulsa or Little Rock or Springfield or even Kansas City (if they were ambitious) than haul ass all the way to Kentucky. 

• Love 2

Caveat:  As a general rule, I don't like children or babies unless they're related to me (and, even then, it's iffy sometimes).  I don't think most babies/toddlers are cute; in fact, with rare exceptions, they look like homely little aliens.

But, damn if that Felicity isn't one of the cutest little boogers I've ever seen!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I noticed that Abbie's sisters have a similar vocal quality to her--kind of monotone and very very calm.

I noticed the same thing.  None of the Duggar girls really sound alike but I’ve noticed that Abbie and Kendra sound similar to their sisters. 

My sister and I look nothing alike but even our parents have a difficult time distinguishing between our voices.  My nephew is going through puberty and I’m very uncomfortable with how much he has started to sound like us. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

There went an hour of my life I’ll never get back. Did I really watch grown men throwing flour out of a plane?  

So would JD have to file a flight plan for that?  Um...I’m going to fly in circles and then land, and then fly in circles again and land...

• LOL 10
43 minutes ago, Kbo said:

There went an hour of my life I’ll never get back. Did I really watch grown men throwing flour out of a plane?  

So would JD have to file a flight plan for that?  Um...I’m going to fly in circles and then land, and then fly in circles again and land...

Yes, you saw that, and no, he didn't need a flight plan.

4 hours ago, Temperance said:

And then there's Ben...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I noticed the same thing.  None of the Duggar girls really sound alike but I’ve noticed that Abbie and Kendra sound similar to their sisters. 

My sister and I look nothing alike but even our parents have a difficult time distinguishing between our voices.  My nephew is going through puberty and I’m very uncomfortable with how much he has started to sound like us. 

My daughter and my younger son used to sound so much like each other that I used to have a really hard time distinguishing their voices as well  - all the way up until his voice changed!

• Love 1
On 3/11/2019 at 11:39 PM, OpieTaylor said:

The Counting On Facebook page has a video up now of Abbie trying on the dress and Mechelle making the face 🤪

CB755A6D-A50F-4B59-B158-19B1E5A21764.jpeg

Michelle's trying so hard to show emotion her eyes are literally popping out of her head from the strain.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Abbie did have different eyebrows when we first met her. I think you'd prefer her earlier look:

phharlvkg82qbwe.png

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Dayyyum...when was this?

Pretty sure it was the episode where they're trying on the bridesmaids' dresses for Jessa's wedding. Jana was complaining about the length being awkward.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

I think Jeremy has negotiated a better deal with TLC than the rest of the family.

I've wondered about this.  Surely, Jeremy isn't making much (if any) money as a pastor.  (I know. Mr J was a pastor for 11 years.) They have a lovely home.  They travel ALL.  THE.  TIME.  Jinger doesn't work and Jeremy isn't bi-vocational.  So how in the world are they doing so well?  I don't know what they make from the show but, considering it's less than 15 episodes a year, they are either making a ton more than I thought or they are VERY good with their money.  Did he make money playing soccer?  I just don't understand.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

considering it's less than 15 episodes a year,

If they netted $10k an episode (fairly reasonable after taxes,) that's around $150k a year. At least $100k per year not counting People mag money, social media money, donations, etc Not shabby. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5