Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: The Proof Hurts

Message added by Door County Cherry

Posts should be about the show. They should not be about fans, fan bases or fan behavior of the housewives. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Same. I refuse to discuss it any more. It's run its course. 

Her house is just so unappealing, to me. I realize I don't have similar to taste to most of these people. But damn; the Girardi house just seems so stuffy and dated to me. I start to get depressed every time they show it. 

I seriously don't think that was intentional, though. Kyle is often really ditzy and doesn't think before she speaks. LVP was sharing a room with Dorit and joked about bringing a cat in there because of allergies and Kyle just blurted that out about the dog. I have a horrible sense of humor and have been known to say similar things in an awkward situation. 

Ericka flys her glam team to trips 1st class and can't fix the fawkng doorbell? Sad looking pool. Dated looking house.   I don't know why it reminds me of cheap cars with rims worth thousands. lol It makes no sense. Unless the rumors are true and Ms Erica doesn't even live there and lives in a sexy condo in LA.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

When they first showed Erika's chapel, it looked like she had cut out pictures of saints and taped them to the ceiling - probably not the reaction she was going for...

I thought the same thing. It looked weird.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Double A said:

Yeah Kyle's outfit choice definitely (and passive aggressively) said "eff you LVP".

Kyle showing up there in a pink suit, wearing it like it was a brave act of defiance. (I noticed she was about to start in with the "You're not going to tell me what color I can wear", but was either interrupted, edited or thought better of it)

What is wrong with this woman?  Does she understand that she's not eight and Lisa is not her mom? That is correct Kyle, as a US citizen, you are free to wear whatever color you like. So bold that Kyle, such a hero standing up to the man like that.

• LOL 11
  • Love 12

What is wrong with this woman?  Does she understand that she's not eight and Lisa is not her mom? That is correct Kyle, as a US citizen, you are free to wear whatever color you like. 

But she did do that--I'm confused. 

Also, I think LVP is just kidding about that whole pink nonsense.

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Can I just say i love this recaps ending and agree with it 1000000000% lol

The problem with this fight is now it seems like no one is innocent. Dorit’s original sin was screwing up the dog in the first place, Teddi was definitely scheming to make Dorit look bad (not that Dorit needs any help in that department), and Lisa laid the foundation for Teddi to do this. They’re all awful. It’s all horrible. And yes, we will be talking about the dog for the rest of the season.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-season-9-episode-5.html#comments

I hope we won't be, but agree that we probably will be, talking about it.  I said it was stupid on last week's thread and still feel that way.  As some posters have done above, we should just not post about it cause it's just going in circles now. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

But she did do that--I'm confused. 

Also, I think LVP is just kidding about that whole pink nonsense.

Yes, she did, but what caused my excessive eye rolling was that  did it like she was making some sort of stand for doing it. When really, as forty plus year old woman, there's no posturing required.

It came across to me like she was wearing it less because she wanted to and more because she was making a statement about how Lisa will not decide what color Kyle wears. When that's really very -- duh.

Edited by Jel
added a d to cause. Cheeto dust filled keyboard problems ;)
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

The lady doth protest too much. 

If LVP wanted the story out so badly, why not just alert the tabloids?  You know, like she's been accused of doing many times before.

Like she's master manipulated Radar online to say that she has never been a source for them. Obvi Radar Online must be lying about that because how would it fit the other HWs narrative that LVP manipulates and schemes and outs people if Radar online is telling the truth? 

(Sarcastifont!)

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes, she did, but what cause my excessive eye rolling was that  did it like she was making some sort of stand for doing it. When really, as forty plus year old woman, there's no posturing required.

It came across to me like she was wearing it less because she wanted to and more because she was making a statement about how Lisa will not decide what color Kyle wears. When that's really very -- duh.

Kyle the child. Pinks my favorite color too but that shade was awful. Pepto bismol is not a good look. Nor is dunkin donuts

Edited by Lady of nod
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, islandgal140 said:

I didn't see WWHL, but apparently we got the whole 'just wait, all will be revealed later this season and you will all see I (we) were right" from Kyle. I've watched all the HW franchises except NJ, Dallas & Miami and I can't tell you how many times I've heard that shit. What I can tell you is how many times it turned about to be true - Zero and Never

Every time I see Rinna, I think of that old Rodney Dangerfield one-liner: 

68810295.jpg

"Zero and Never" - love!

And the whole, dumb thing about all of it is if it even turns out to be true, Lisa's serious offense is getting Dorit's dog abandonment told as a story. Which she told the viewers at dinner with Dorit and PK  on the very same episode.

At some point reason and logic must start to factor in. It must, right? Sometime?

• Love 21

Thanks to Dorit and PeeKay this entire season is crap. 

The Kemsley’s had NO business getting not one but 2 puppies. 

Kyle, Erika, and Rinna should have stayed out of it. 

Teddi seems to have been advised to spice things up this season. 

The whole scandal would have been much more entertaining had LVP not lost her brother ( and seemingly herself a bit) during that time. She obviously was not well during the time of filming. 

I am bored with puppygate. 

• Love 20
54 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

I thought the same thing. It looked weird.

I did a double take thinking for a sec the pics on Erika’s chapel ceiling  were actually pictures of her 😳

Edited by Gini
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

I just cannot follow the who said what and who said it first  and who set who up drama. D0n't care anymore. All guilty. And frankly, my head cannot follow it anymore. Teddi was told ( not by LVP), kept it to herself until filming began. Blizzard is a young WEHO , hollywood kid who wanted to get noticed and talked about. Wore his working for VPD as a badge of honor and immunity from all.  If Lisa did want it out there and then changed her mind, she communicated that to VPD employees and they decided to do it anyway.

Dorit never accepts responsibility for her spin on a story. Never in the history of her time on the franchise. But it is clear, all cast members are tiring of LVP's cheeky little jabs. I get that. It is tiresome and ruffles feathers. 

Lastly, has no one commented that both Harry Hamlin and Denises husband were married and divorced from Nicolette Sheridan ! And no one on screen commented on that !

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

*GWU, not Georgetown. And I say this with tremendous love for my alma mater, but I believe they would absolutely be happy to help coordinate a shoot for Sophia’s move in and love the publicity. 

@MrsWitter - if your experience has been anything like mine, you've lost count of the number of times you've had to make this correction.  And they probably supplied them all kinds of access to various buildings that said GW but there is still the Georgetown confusion.

(No shade to the original poster, this really literally has happened to me when people are holding my resume and I have to say, "no, not Georgetown.")

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Thanks to Dorit and PeeKay this entire season is crap. 

Thanks to LVP and Ken the season is crap. They didn't want to upset their dear friends PukeK and Dorit. The fact that they are dear friends with these grifting posers tells me all I need to know.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, missyb said:

Lastly, has no one commented that both Harry Hamlin and Denises husband were married and divorced from Nicolette Sheridan ! And no one on screen commented on that !

It has been mentioned in a previous episode.

• Love 7

Now I’m a relatively smart woman.. but they have taken an absurdly simple dog situation and spun it into such a convoluted mess I don’t even understand it anymore 😩

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I'm trying to follow this all.  And I kind of hate that I am.  But he admitted he invoked Lisa's name in his conversation with Teddi and he admitted he was wrong to do so.  So Teddi isn't crazy to think Lisa is behind this all.  They're telling two different stories and yet there's some overlap in that their different stories can be explained by a third party. 

And Kyle did some interesting sleuthing about Lisa warning Dorit. 

I get a weird feeling from Aaron.  He's basically some "energy" guy who moved from one actress to another.  I also think it's strange that he never thought he'd get married again and yet he basically gets married as soon as his divorce is finalized. He just reads as a star fucker to me even if the stars are B or C list. 

I hate this..... because I am loving Denise so far.... but when Aaron comes on screen I just see the zombie eyed, scruffy look of a latent serial killer. It makes me hope that like many California homes they have no basement. Forgive me, I’m probably just another suburban white lady who watches too much true crime.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Did anyone else notice Erika commenting on her broken doorbell to Teddi? And she said something about everything in the house falling apart. Then there was that stilted conversation with Tom earlier in the season about tiles broken around the pool. I fear once Mr. Girardi passes (or leaves her or declares bankruptcy), Erika will be living in that house all Sonja Morgan/Grey Gardens style. Except she will definitely not be as funny or joyful about it all as Lady Morgan. I would die to see Erika duct taping some “pat the puss” shirts up as window coverings.

Erica spoke of her life having something like 15 year chapters. 

The italianate house is all Tom Girardi and Mrs. Girardi got to choose from the items the decorator picked out for Tom's vision of a dwelling a successful lawyer of Italian heritage would have. I don't see Erica in it at all.

I think when Golum dies that chapter will be closed for Erica. If they still own the house she will sell the house. She feels empowered now, more so than when she first married him, and it will increase with his death because she won't have to answer to Tom as she has intimated at times on the show.

Because he's older and he has children I think she was smart enough to have set aside some money just in case. I see her in a more modern home or penthouse with a mix of feminine, classic and edgy pieces.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Erika's house looks like every house Fred suggested they spend the night in on Scooby Doo to get to the bottom of a mystery

PK, Dorit and Lips are just 3 big pots of hot dog water - absolutely nothing appealing about them.

• LOL 12
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The problem with this fight is now it seems like no one is innocent. Dorit’s original sin was screwing up the dog in the first place, Teddi was definitely scheming to make Dorit look bad (not that Dorit needs any help in that department), and Lisa laid the foundation for Teddi to do this. They’re all awful. It’s all horrible. And yes, we will be talking about the dog for the rest of the season.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-season-9-episode-5.html#comments

Well we know LVP hightails it out there at some point this season and it may be sooner than later. I can't image this dog stuff will go the entire season if LVP isn't around for the entirety of it. Rinna did an interview where she said that the girls had a blast filming the season without LVP and it was very much 'out of sight, out of mind' which leads me to believe (and hope) that they won't be giving this much more life once LVP isn't there to target.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Double A said:

Yeah Kyle's outfit choice definitely (and passive aggressively) said "eff you LVP".

It wasn’t passive since she directly said that she’s done with LPV’s pink ownership.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

If I thought someone wanted me to do something on their behalf I would actually ask them if they wanted me to do so. Teddi could have called or texted LVP to ask “Hey, you want me to burn this B” and then act, but she didn't. I think that is because Teddi wanted this info out more than LVP.

Teddi says there are more the texts than what she has revealed via her blogs and they will slowly be released as the episodes air. There is still the possibility that a conversation directly with LVP did take place and Teddi has the receipts to prove it. For all of the things they stay about LVP, I find it hard to believe that she was stupidly implicate herself first-hand via text and then deny it to the one person who would have that information and is calling her out. Right now, Teddi is using information relayed to her as proof that LVP is involved and that doesn't qualify as proof but these ladies are insisting that more will come out so maybe this time (for once), they'll be right and they will actually have genuine receipts to back up the accusations. But even if they do, there's going to need to be some high-level orchestration involved for me to call it manipulation. Set-up? Maybe. Manipulation? It seems unlikely.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

They go into a chapel to talk shit hahahahaha the irony of it all 

I wasn't surprised. That's why I stopped going to my grandmother's church when I lived near her. 

I didn't like the gossiping through prayer and told them so.

"Oh Lord, I want to lift up so and so. Help him/her, he/she has been struggling with (insert offense)...."

• Love 8

From what Teddi has said in her blog and recent appearances, and what Kyle said on WWHL, there is a lot to be revealed - guess it makes sense that most have not posted their blogs.

Looking forward to the next episode...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Except no one is talking about the dog, nor are they questioning Dorit about the dog and why she dumped her.  It's infuriating.  I don't give a damn about texts.

I dropped BH some time last season because they were so fucking boring and irritating.  I gave it chance again this season, and it's even worse.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I'll believe that when I see it.  I'm not disagreeing with you, but we know these ladies are all like dogs with a bone (no pun intended).

I can totally see certain ladies, especially Rinna, making comments like "I don't understand WHY LVP didn't want to come with us, we did NOTHING that she should be angry about" or "Well, if LVP hadn't done what she did, she could be here enjoying Europe with us." or "God, LVP NEVER would like doing this or that - if she was here, we'd not be having the wonderful time we're having." or "Teddi, make sure to keep a record of your texts from Europe because you never know when someone will throw you under the bus-cough, cough, LVP!"

In my opinion, Rinna, especially, and possibly Erika and Dorit will continue to bring LVP and Lucygate into the conversations at every opportunity.

It's possible but I'm hopeful that that won't be the case, lol. Maybe side quip will be said but I would hope that full-blown group and side conversations about this won't be a 'thing' all season.

7 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Oh, ffs already - just put all the friggin' texts out there, Teddi!!  If you have them, not edited or deleted, and have the corresponding messages pulled from the other person's phone - just show them!!  

This is not Wikileaks, nor is it a court hearing.  She's acting like this is a Law and Order episode and she's going to pull out the final bit of incriminating evidence before the last "da-dum" sound. 

She's going to play this for such high fucking drama, just to prove her relevance and importance to the show.  

I think the women are contractually obligated to keep mum on the details of what happened on the show until after the episode has aired and there are probably some things they probably can't get into detail about until after the reunion airs. None of this may make any difference in 'proving' anything, but it seems like whatever other texts she has will be featured and factored into future episodes and so via their contracts, it would make sense why she can't release all of them at once.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

During the D.C. outside dinner I kept thinking how humid it must have been.  I assume they dropped Sophia off in August.  And, DC is always humid in August.

And, I wondering how good a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, well done steak could possibly be.

When I saw Sophia was going to GW, I assumed they’d be staying at the Willard and they’d be filmed eating at the Occidental Grill (way past it’s prime). Too funny (to me) I was right. I assume Old Ebbit Grill (overrated) wouldn’t allow filming.

Also too funny were those Chanel suspenders Dorit was wearing (honorable mention to Erika for those decals she has on the ceiling of her “chapel”). Maybe they’ll show up in the asset seizure when the Bellagio (and others) goes after PK for his ridiculous gambling debt.

Otherwise - boring. No wonder I stopped watching this show for years. In more exciting news now on Season 1, Episode 4 of RHNY.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Oh, ffs already - just put all the friggin' texts out there, Teddi!!  If you have them, not edited or deleted, and have the corresponding messages pulled from the other person's phone - just show them!!  

This is not Wikileaks, nor is it a court hearing.  She's acting like this is a Law and Order episode and she's going to pull out the final bit of incriminating evidence before the last "da-dum" sound. 

She's going to play this for such high fucking drama, just to prove her relevance and importance to the show.  

She’s under contract - can’t show them until episode airs.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I think the women are contractually obligated to keep mum on the details of what happened on the show until after the episode has aired and there are probably some things they probably can't get into detail about until after the reunion airs. None of this may make any difference in 'proving' anything, but it seems like whatever other texts she has will be featured and factored into future episodes and so via their contracts, it would make sense why she can't release all of them at once.

3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

She’s under contract - can’t show them until episode airs.

Which probably means we will be subjected to an entire season of puppygate, textgate, throwteddiunderthebusgate, idon'tliegate, takedownlvpgate, until the very end, whether LVP is filming with them or separately!   Ugh!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Although I'm  liking Denise I agreed with what they had to say about her. I love her observations and comments but she needs to bring it or she will be gone.

I love her being laid back and real. I realize she's has to find her place on the show and get her bearings concerning the women and their personalities but I hope in the future she will engage more.

I'd love to see more of her life.

• Love 8

The trashing of Dorit regarding the dog is pretty silly considering LVP was told about the new home the next day and a) did not ask for the dog to be returned, and b) did not screen the new owner or her home. 

• Love 5

I suspect Teddi's ultimate proof will be shown in the episode where Kyle is kicked out of house by Ken and Lisa. 

For any super sleuths out there:  any guesses on when that horse riding /ladies who lunch and support each other was filmed?  Ordinarily I'd rather see scenes like this but my spider sense tells me this was filmed after LVP refused to film with them.  Just something about the whole thing seemed a bit pointed and insincere to me. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The trashing of Dorit regarding the dog is pretty silly considering LVP was told about the new home the next day and a) did not ask for the dog to be returned, and b) did not screen the new owner or her home. 

Since Dorit didn't tell Lisa until after it happened, Lisa's hands were tied. She wouldn't have been able to get the dog returned or screen the new owner. Per California law at the time, pets were considered property. Once Dorit gave Lucy away, Lisa couldn't do anything about it. It was a matter of luck and a microchip that Lucy got back to VPD at all.

If she was even given to a new owner and not just dumped at the shelter by Dorit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Since Dorit didn't tell Lisa until after it happened, Lisa's hands were tied. She wouldn't have been able to get the dog returned or screen the new owner. Per California law at the time, pets were considered property. Once Dorit gave Lucy away, Lisa couldn't do anything about it. It was a matter of luck and a microchip that Lucy got back to VPD at all.

If she was even given to a new owner and not just dumped at the shelter by Dorit.

Of course Lisa could have done something - giving her a pass makes no sense if the dog is really a concern.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

When I saw Sophia was going to GW, I assumed they’d be staying at the Willard and they’d be filmed eating at the Occidental Grill (way past it’s prime). Too funny (to me) I was right. I assume Old Ebbit Grill (overrated) wouldn’t allow filming.

Also too funny were those Chanel suspenders Dorit was wearing (honorable mention to Erika for those decals she has on the ceiling of her “chapel”). Maybe they’ll show up in the asset seizure when the Bellagio (and others) goes after PK for his ridiculous gambling debt.

Otherwise - boring. No wonder I stopped watching this show for years. In more exciting news now on Season 1, Episode 4 of RHNY.

Hey.....I missed some parts of this episode, but, caught some of the scenes in DC.  I thought that was The Williard (stayed there once), but, it has a new name now, right?  Old Ebbit's Grill once too.  Nice memories.  Time for another DC trip.  

I am impressed that Sophia got into GW.  My goodness.  My mind sort of went somewhere that it shouldn't.......no, I won't go there. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

LVP said they were going to set up a home visit with the new owner and asked Dorit for the new owner's name; She said that Dorit said she'd have to get back to her, and never did. Before she could follow up, LVPD got the call from the shelter where Lucy had been dropped off.

I think the only truthful thing Dorit has said about this whole thing is that they got a puppy from LVPD. The rest is up for grabs.

We did see part of that on camera - Lisa asking Dorit for the name of the person and Dorit saying she would have to get back to her.

• Love 13