Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Things Are Going Southampton

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bosawks said:

C'mon BRAVO you can't show that Ramona clip about Beth's Hampton house and then not really show me where this road is that crashes it's value.  I want to know who's right!  I realize like all things HoWives the answer is they're both wrong, but I want drone footage of that house!

If I remember correctly, Ryan from Million Dollar Listing NY was on an episode of WWHL last year and said Ramona was right. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Suckeredin said:

Here is the listing for the house she bought..  Montauk Highway is pretty busy but the street view in Google maps shows it's pretty hidden.  Seems like she got it for a great price though.   Not a Bethenny fan but I agree she has a great eye for design.

Isn’t this the same house that she was only buying to flip and tried to get Fredrick to go in on? It was listed for months and she didn’t sell it. Curious about the money part when she says it’s paying for itself because she did a lot of renovations and it still didn’t sell. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, film noire said:

This appears to be shaping up to be an exhausting season (and with major storylines involving a dead drug addict and a live dry drunk, that was to be expected) but could we not have had some fun up top, before it all went to hell? A few nutters-let-loose scenes, a little group magic before they blow it sky-high? I like to be wooed before I get screwed.

Ramona (can I actually be saying this?) got it right, imo. Luann didn't really do rehab  (the only step M'Lady is working is the one she takes over whichever body gets in her way next, be they her kids or castmates). 

Also (likely party of one!) Luann can shove her sniggers about somebody quoting Tyler Perry right up her ass. Tyler Perry spent his childhood being beaten (and mind-gamed) by his father, was molested by four adults (the first molestation at age 5) and attempted suicide as a teen...and still found a way to forgive.  Of course, I realize NONE of that compares to what Luann suffered (those terrible awful no-good children pushing her off the wagon - including the paddy wagon - because they weren't willing to let their mother steal from them.  The whorror! The whorror!) 

That said:  bitch, please doesn't even begin to cover Dorinda sending that quote (upside: Dorinda has finally learned black men don't exist just to take her coat! Well done, Do!) 

@bosawks - you've been funnier throughout this whole thread than anybody in the episode -- thanks for cracking me up; )

Why thank you, and I just assumed that Lu was going so hard at Tyler Perry because he didn't give her 6 million dollars......

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Luanne needs to be taken down a notch, or several. I'd hang out with Ramona. 

Nothing is ever going to take Luann down a notch. Not arrests, rehab, fighting with her children, a marriage that imploded just the way everyone "told her so". Nothing. The woman is insufferable and I can't believe Bethenny was ever supporting her, Bethenny has always hated Lu. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Bethenny likes Luann when Lu is being fun and down to earth, and probably humbled a bit (or a lot).  I think B said really early on that away from the cameras, Luann can be really fun to be with, but that ends quickly once she goes all Countess.

So, I figure there are two main catalysts for B and Lu splitting this season.  One, Luann replaces Countess with Cabaret Star, is insufferable, and drives B up the wall with her star pretensions, just like she did with her nobility pretensions.  That seems like the overt reason for Bethenny’s blowup (which looks like it is one big fight, based on B’s clothes, not multiple arguments).  Two, Bethenny realizes that she doesn’t really have much in common with Luann now that Luann is sober, and not up for pub-crawling and other fun drunk antics.  A tipsy Lu is fun, a heavily drunk Lu can be scary, and it remains to be seen what a sober Lu is really like.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
Just now, SnarkKitty said:

Episode 2 and I'm already Barbara'd out.  If they were going to give her so much airtime, free promo and talking heads they should have given her an apple to go with it.

I keep feeling like I'm watching NJ. And I don't watch NJ, ya feel me Andy? 

Ok I'm glad this is being brought up b/c I didn't want to seem like a complete douche by talking sh!t about the new girl BUT.....holy crap I'm just gonna come out and say it, this chick is FUG.  Lawd she is unattractive.  It may be because she shares the screen with, IMHO, some of the most attractive HWs in the series.  Say what you will about Lu's drinking but she looks fantastic! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Wow!  So much to process.

the tag lines are horrible, as is B’s dress in the opening.  Yeah, we know you bought breasts, now put them away.  Lu, getting arrested isn’t funny.

at least we now know LU didn’t fake going to rehab, or the need to go, just to get out of the reunion.  Sounds like she really went off the deep end, and I hope she’s really doing AA and that she found a good therapist and is seriously looking at what causes her to make such bad decisions.

i didn’t like the comment about her kids and the suit, though separate from what she says, that they sued (with good reason!) may have been the final “thing” that pushed LU over the edge and ultimately back into rehab.  

While I’m not a B fan, major kudos to her for helping Lu.  I’m surprised and impressed she didn’t respond to a request for $6M with “fuck off.”  Her homes in the Hamptons are amazing, much more my style than her homes in NYC.  I wonder if she adapts her style to the surroundings.  For the rental, not sure it’s horrible that it’s on the highway.  As to the economics of it, there are so many ways to finagle with real estate; she’s probably depreciating the property (though the value isn’t going down), and I hear if you live for a couple of years in the property, before selling, you get back some major tax benefits.

I haven’t had close dealings with folks in AA, but if it’s typical that people newly in sobriety are over the top about themselves and others (not sure I’m expressing this well), shouldn’t everyone else be familiar with it?  Can’t imagine the others don’t have friends in AA.  So they should be more “typical first 60 day AA member” instead of “how dare she!”

ramona is ridiculous as always.  Did all these women stop developmentally at the “mean teen stage?  Her ex-husband was a nationally ranked tennis player and I thought she played doubles with him (not competitively), so shouldn’t she be a better player?

Dorinda can get over herself, her denial about her drinking problem is as bad as Lu.  Did she break up with John?  We haven’t seen or heard about him.

Sonja and being a “businesswoman” - no words.  Her extensions looked really terrible, especially from the back.

Barbara doesn’t seem to fit in, though she seems like a nice person.  The answer on the clambake was for Lu to not attend (she should be putting her sobriety above all other considerations, though yeah, this is how she earns her real money); don’t dis-invite people or set conditions for their attendance.  And who has a “clam bake” without actually baking the clams!  Dig a hole, add hot coals and some barrier for the clams to sit on, put in the clams and let them BAKE!

Tinsley was a non-entity for me.  The prop Bentley is annoying.  During the episode I was trying to remember what college she attended, and how much her parents paid for her to get in.

the mermaid stuff was just so they could show their breasts, still shocked Sonja’s clamshells didn’t fall off “by accident.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I was going to say a linebacker with boobs, but spanx wrapped around a bulldozer works as well. Plus it seems like she was trying way too hard. I hope she's one season and done.

Half the reason I watch the show are for glimpses of Bethenny and Luanne's Hampton homes and Dorinda's Berkshires mansion. Barbara's house was just tacky. Hire a decorator woman! You can afford it.

Luanne needs to be taken down a notch, or several. I'd hang out with Ramona. 

Barbara really piles on the face foundation so thick.  The lipstick is nude, which does nothing for the face. Why do women wear that nude lipstick in the first place?  I love a nice pink and dark red in the nitetime for a dramatic look.  I guess everything is about the eyelashes these days.  They pile that stuff right on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

The answer on the clambake was for Lu to not attend (she should be putting her sobriety above all other considerations, though yeah, this is how she earns her real money); don’t dis-invite people or set conditions for their attendance.  

exactly it was a party thrown for the show for all the girls ... Luanne should have been the one to sit if (she is the one with the problem with the drink) out esp since this is the first "party" Barbra threw that was specifically for the show way to show you could give a shit about the other members of the show ... funny how they have no problem with people drinking around Luanne again if you were that worried about her sobriety (as you claim to keep the others away) then why have her around booze at all? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Dorinda and Luann are BOTH pathetic old narcissistic drunks.  Their is no winner in this fight.  They are both heinous people. 

100% agree! Lu is just so sanctimonious in her recovery like shes the first person to have a problem with alcohol. I was cringing every time she opened her mouth.  I sure hope this doesn't carry on all season... ahhh who an I kidding, it's Lu, it will never end. 

Dorinda was just gross this episode, dry drunk for sure.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, film noire said:

Oh, I'm sure for many people (especially anybody who missed him on Oprah) that's the understandable reaction: Perry = Madea (watch his appearance on Oprah,  and that would likely change, imo):

But when it comes to Luann (given how often these housewives insist they are SO MUCH MORE than their edit, so much more complex than their performance on the show!) it's beyond rich watching Luann dismiss a man who overcame what would likely break her,  and who achieved success Luann can only dream of (what step is that,  Lu? Step fuckteen?) And even if Luann doesn't have a clue what Perry survived, by virtue of what Luann does for a living, she's in no position to snigger at anybody else's wisdom, imo. That ship sailed the minute she signed her Bravo contract. 

Wow ! Thank you. I really had no idea. It is a gift that he chooses to make comedies that make people laugh. Whoa! Really had no idea. I am kind of blown away. That clip was powerful.

I did think it was funny that Dorinda choose to send a quote from Tyler Perry. My mistake. He clearly knows something about forgiveness and moving forward.  This clip would have delivered the message with a punch.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:
  20 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

The answer on the clambake was for Lu to not attend (she should be putting her sobriety above all other considerations, though yeah, this is how she earns her real money); don’t dis-invite people or set conditions for their attendance.  

This is exactly right and it was all I could think about. Luann should be avoiding those situations where alcohol is the key food group. It is much to early in her sobriety to be at an alcohol fueled party.

Bring me to another thing that annoys me, why have Luann  on WWHL on a wednesday night where Andy loves his shot ski? It is a total lack of respect on Andy's part. They should all have water. If you care about someone, for a little while or one ridiculous show, don't bring out the alcohol. Is that so hard ?

I know Luann is a self absorbed , its all about me kid of gal, but in this case, Andy should have made it easier on her.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, missyb said:

Wow ! Thank you. I really had no idea. It is a gift that he chooses to make comedies that make people laugh. Whoa! Really had no idea. I am kind of blown away. That clip was powerful.

I did think it was funny that Dorinda choose to send a quote from Tyler Perry. My mistake. He clearly knows something about forgiveness and moving forward.  This clip would have delivered the message with a punch.

Me too WOW.  I didn’t even know who Tyler Perry was until the husband told me this morning.  Guess Dorinda knows what she is talking about.  If Oprah had him on the show, he means something.  I agree with you.

• Love 2

I've had enough of Barbara's talking heads and nude lipsticks.  And if they want to add someone in the Hamptons who goes to quaint small grocery shops to buy stuff for parties, have one of the cast make friends with Ina & Jeffrey.

I am enjoying that this season started earlier in the year, with all the Hamptons houses getting featured.  Feels like a real throw-back to the early seasons.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ok I'm glad this is being brought up b/c I didn't want to seem like a complete douche by talking sh!t about the new girl BUT.....holy crap I'm just gonna come out and say it, this chick is FUG.  Lawd she is unattractive.  It may be because she shares the screen with, IMHO, some of the most attractive HWs in the series.  Say what you will about Lu's drinking but she looks fantastic! 

She reminds me of an extremely poorly aging Catherine Bach.

I was almost waiting for her to tie a plaid button down at the waist and toss on a pair of Daisy Dukes.

Don't feel bad about talking shit about the new girl.

Beauty is so subjective. 

When Carole, Heather, and Aviva all joined the cast, I thought they were the roughest looking group of women Bravo could have found.  

But Heather gave me serious hair envy.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I have friends that have had to quit drinking. I admire them so much because it probably has to be the most difficult thing you would ever do. Socially their really is no way to escape alcohol and people who drink. If Andy wants to use the shotski maybe Luann should not be on the show on a Wednesday night?

• Love 11

Omg totally agree with the comments that the taglines are sooo bad!!  Really just the worst.

My favorite part of the episode was Sonja commenting on Tinsley's driving. 

I probably shouldn't comment on anyone's recovery process but 14 days in rehab doesn't really seem like enough when you are in such a bad place that your friend gets power of attorney over you.  It was crass of Ramona to call it a vacation though.  

I feel like I am watching this week's episode of Vanderpump Rules again with two people fighting who are both in the wrong and someone being disinvited to something!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Barbara's real. I find that refreshing, even if her style is lacking. Love that she builds houses ( but she really does need a interior designer)

From what I've seen so far, I like her. Not everyone has to be super bougie to be a RH. And there have been a lot of misses with this crowd's style choices so to each their own in terms of what they're comfortable in. It's nice to have a different personality in the mix to offset all of the major narcissism and bat shit crazy. 

• Love 22
50 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

i didn’t like the comment about her kids and the suit, though separate from what she says, that they sued (with good reason!) may have been the final “thing” that pushed LU over the edge and ultimately back into rehab.  

I strongly dislike the fact that Luann is being allowed to set up the narrative that she went to rehab because her children just selfishly wanted a house in the Hamptons. That is NOT what the lawsuit was about and Luann merrily selling it kids out as nasty, greedy, selfish little shits who drove her back on the sauce is really pretty offensive.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I have friends that have had to quit drinking. I admire them so much because it probably has to be the most difficult thing you would ever do. Socially their really is no way to escape alcohol and people who drink. If Andy wants to use the shotski maybe Luann should not be on the show on a Wednesday night?

That would involve Luann not doing something she likely wants to do so of course it's ok for her recovery to be around alcohol then. But deal with Dorinda? Oh bless her heart, thats TOO much for Luann's sobriety to bear so of course Dorinda is disinvited (and while I like Barbara as a fresh new housewife, if it's your party then you need to be the one to call Dorinda and disinvite her) and of course Luann needs to be the center of attention as she is cuddled and held and encouraged because yup, she's sick, and not just being an asshole, and if Luann has learned anything it's that she can make people dance if it "affects her sobriety". 

And if she wants to have relationships then AA can go screw, and if she wants to do the cabaret, then funny, hmmm, her sobriety CAN handle the very same work environment she was in when a glass of wine turned into bottles. Likewise if she wants to attend a party that has alcohol, thats not too difficult unless someone she doesn't like will be there and then the choice isn't Luann stay home, it's make it safe for Luann because Luann is so sick and needy. She has totally learned how to play the game.

Dorinda is her own little piece of work but dry drunk she might be - and not entirely admitting it's actually a problem - she seems to be keeping off the sauce right now without turning it into a dance where everyone caters to her victimhood. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

For the rental, not sure it’s horrible that it’s on the highway.  As to the economics of it, there are so many ways to finagle with real estate; she’s probably depreciating the property (though the value isn’t going down), and I hear if you live for a couple of years in the property, before selling, you get back some major tax benefits.

Best case outcome I can get if I run the numbers in excel is a modest profit on the house as a rental, and that assumes she's got non-existent maintenance costs and full occupancy throughout the rental season at her full asking price for the rent. Even if she were to get lucky on all of those factors one year, it's extremely unlikely in a longer term perspective. Even in the short term it's a best case scenario that she's making money and far more likely that she's breaking even (if she has a great mortgage) or taking a loss. She's unlikely even if EVERYTHING goes right for her to make more money back on a per-cash basis than practically risk-free investments, which makes this a questionable investment on a risk-adjusted basis.

It's a single family house so it's extremely doubtful that she could depreciate it, but even if she could that is an accounting approach that temporarily lowers your tax burden -- you have to actually pay that tax in full if you sell the property.

She has a chance to make a decent profit in a sale (or as a rental) if the Hamptons market rises significantly in the coming years, but on the flip side she's likely to make a huge loss if the market turns down. 

(Sorry, I realize this is probably super-boring to a lot of you guys, but I live for this stuff. )

Edited by Atwood
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

I'm not trying to be a pedantic asshole--swear--but when people keep referrring to Dorinda's behavior in Mexico, they're talking about Colombia, right? I get all of these tropical destinations confused myself, but IIRC, Dorinda was relatively well-behaved in Mexico, and Luann hilariously fell through a bush. Colombia is where all Dorinda hell broke loose, no? 

Someone listed Bethenny's address upthread as East Hampton, but the show calls it Bridgehampton, which is Town of Southampton, not Town of East Hampton. What's the deal with that? Anyone know? I thought B's house was perfection--I love her aesthetic--but if I had B money, I would definitely go bigger. That home felt like a townhouse. Ramona's house is such a nicer piece of property, if you ask me, but it needs at least a good power washing. That tennis court looked janky.

IMO no one should have called Barbara and asked her anything. If I'm invited to a party, I go, unless I'm specifically uninvited by the host. I'm not going to call anybody. You want to disinvite me, you're going to be the asshole that has to do it at the event in front of tons of people.

There is nothing aspirational about Barbara. To say she belongs on Jersey is an insult to Jersey!

It was rude of Sonja to stay at Ramona's, but go out to dinner with the brunettes, IMO. Don't stay at my home unless you intend to spend time with me. If you want to divide your time, get a rental.  I also thought it was rude as hell for the three blondes to leave Dorinda behind and go to the clam bake until someone reminded me that Dorinda invited everyone but Sonja to the Berkshires that one time. Turnabout is fair play, bitch!

Luann, step aside if you are too fragile. That's how it works. Also, why is Bethenny constantly drinking around her? It seems insensitive. It doesn't matter if Luann says she's comfortable around it; be a pal and order soda and bitters like Sonja. Ok, bad example...

I posted last week that I would never tell an adult to stop drinking. Well, I would NEVER tell someone they needed to go to AA, where you have to turn your life and your will over to the power of God to restore you to sanity--but if this is Luann's storyline, manna from heaven has just potentially dropped into her lap. Regardless of how she is choosing to get sober, this is a woman who was drinking round the clock, and now she needs to change all that. I could see a spinoff right there--Luann Getting Sober. Who are her new friends? How does she handle holidays? Does she go to meetings, either AA or otherwise?  Does she write? Does she golf? How is she doing a 180? She's not talking about any of that stuff, and that's why I don't think she's going to stay sober. It's a wasted opportunity.

And Luann? You were not sober for four months prior to your second round in rehab, save for a glass of wine here and there. What you are describing is drinking moderately. Sober is...well, you'll find out.

Why didn't Luann just ask B directly for the six mil? Isn't B supposed to be "that wealthy"?

Now I'm going to be awful--while I don't think Bethenny is conventionally beautiful, I do think Bethenny is the second-most overall attractive person on this franchise (second to Tinsley), but that grin she made at the restaurant under the candlelight? Holy jack-o-lantern. She really never needs to make that face again. 

Boring episode. Why rush to production so early if there's nothing to work with? How about making us wait a month, and then delivering a quality product? How about adding a new Housewife? Out of the four million women who live in NYC, there is not one who is wealthy, interesting, and willing to do this show? 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I'm not trying to be a pedantic asshole--swear--but when people keep referrring to Dorinda's behavior in Mexico, they're talking about Colombia, right?

Maybe because she was pretty bad in Colombia but Mexico is the trip where she was really drunk but not as bad as Luann in the bushes, and she cut her hand really badly while drunk. And had one of those totally slurred conversations (but there's been a lot of those so I could be misremembering)

• Love 13

Lord help me when I find Ramona to be the voice of reason. Lu's rehab is like a hall of mirrors - perspective is skewed and everyone is seeing themselves in her scenario. How convenient to use it as a reason to be shitty to Ramona (B) and to hold a grudge against Dorinda (Sonja).

If Lu is doing cabaret shows in the city around the drunken proletariat masses, there is no reason to believe the very presence of Ramona Coaster and Dorinda is going to lead to her falling off the wagon. If anyone genuinely believed that, they'd be sending her back to rehab.

Lu's sobriety is her responsibility and only hers. I think it's wonderful that her girlfriends staged an intervention and try to protect her, but they can't protect her from herself. I think they're gleefully using Lu's breakdown as a card to play against other cast mates. Problem is, it's making for a dull season. 

I'm on Dorinda's side in all this. She doesn't want to talk to Lu, or be around Lu. That IS the healthiest thing for both of them right now. Lu's demands are not Dorinda's problem. Lu can get over it, or they can cease to be friends and start being colleagues. That is a fine choice and no one should push for more.

Dorinda is not in rehab or talking about rehab. She really shouldn't be shaming however long Lu spent there. And on the flip side, Lu needs to stop projecting and deflecting her shit on others. Just because you did two vacation stints somewhere doesn't give you the right to start diagnosing and bullying others while insisting they too have your problem - only worse. ::side eye:: Isn't part of the program to be taking accountability for your own actions?

I wouldn't apologize to anyone unless it was sincere. So I applaud Dorinda for not apologizing out of need for camera time. It is CRYSTAL CLEAR Lu doesn't want an apology. She wants a pound of flesh and a punching bag on which to unload her pent-up anger. And B, sharpening her knives in the background, is only too happy to serve up Dorinda or Ramona for Lu to bludgeon. She's very much what the RHBH crew insists LVP is - a manipulator who indirectly gets others to do her dirty work. Remember the MESSAGE she had Alex deliver to Jill? Jill and Alex never recovered, and somehow Jill was groveling to B by the end of season 3...

Tins is so adorable. She's kinda boring, but that car is gorgeous and her style is on point. She's absolutely beautiful in person and it translates on screen. 

Barbara uninvited Dorinda and Ramona to have a moment and wedge her way into a storyline. Nothing authentic there. She'd bury Lu under sheetrock if it got her another construction job.

Sonja is probably loving this uninvited storyline. God, I wish they'd incorporated the Alanis Morisette song somewhere in this ep. I would have been rolling as hard as I did when The Bachelor closed its season with the snarky performance of Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing At All." She's still mad about being uninvited to the Berkshires, and is taking every opportunity to show Dorinda how shitty it is to let that go on.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

The reason Sonja said Tinsley will make a good mom wasn't based on her "driving" skills

Sonja was just buttering her up because she was going to convince Tinsley to clean/change her Apres 3 Hour Drive Pull Up

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

She reminds me of an extremely poorly aging Catherine Bach.

I was almost waiting for her to tie a plaid button down at the waist and toss on a pair of Daisy Dukes.

Don't feel bad about talking shit about the new girl.

Beauty is so subjective.

When Carole, Heather, and Aviva all joined the cast, I thought they were the roughest looking group of women Bravo could have found.  

But Heather gave me serious hair envy.  

She reminds me of Leah Remini (Not from King Of Queens days but the more recent too many procedures to the face) but she accidentally fell into the fireplace, face down, was knocked unconscious, while she smoldered in the embers for a good 15 minutes before Dorinda resuscitated her with a pitcher of water on her head.

Her talking head shot - with the silver top. Oy! That strip of fabric across the throat - was I the only one looking for an enlarged Adams apple?

I think she was totally wrong in asking Sonja to say something to Dorinda. It was her responsibility as the hostess. I do like her so far - I think she'll fit right in the argue face to face scenes.

I'm curious as to how she got POA on Luann. Barbara is on this show 1) to promote DIYVA 2) to spin Luann in a better light.

I don't think Ramona lied about the things she said about Luann just because Barbara says it didn't happen. Ramona has her Star Wars Cantina Crew all around the city and the Hamptons.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Suckeredin said:

Here is the listing for the house she bought..  Montauk Highway is pretty busy but the street view in Google maps shows it's pretty hidden.  Seems like she got it for a great price though.   Not a Bethenny fan but I agree she has a great eye for design.

As far back as the house is set and the great landscaping, and the fact that its a two lane highway, I think there would be no problem. Ramona made it sound like it was beside an interstate! That home is so much more than Ramona's. I don't like her mausoleum. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, bosawks said:

Is Beth’s jean jacket bedazzled?

Right? that whole outfit looked straight out of Walmart. The white heels did not go with bedazzled jeans. From the looks of her investment house, it would appear that she had a professional decorator come in and take over the furnishing of it because if Bethenny had done it there would mirrors and gaudy chandeliers in every room.

As for Luann...my guess is that she is bipolar. The description of her manic behavior last summer culminating in an intervention that was brought on by her  failed obsession to purchase a six million dollar estate in upstate New York, sounds like hypo mania. She is self medicating with alcohol. She needs a full psych evaluation for bipolar disorder as well as a top notch rehab facility for three months or longer. I believe she may have a dual diagnosis and would need to be in a place that can address both of these problems...she should probably quit the show and get serious about her serious problems.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 18
37 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Maybe because she was pretty bad in Colombia but Mexico is the trip where she was really drunk but not as bad as Luann in the bushes, and she cut her hand really badly while drunk. And had one of those totally slurred conversations (but there's been a lot of those so I could be misremembering)

No, you're completely right. I looked up the episode synopses at work, and Dorinda was being a drunk maniac in Mexico too. Thanks for the info, and sorry for my confusion on this issue!

23 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Lord help me when I find Ramona to be the voice of reason. Lu's rehab is like a hall of mirrors - perspective is skewed and everyone is seeing themselves in her scenario. How convenient to use it as a reason to be shitty to Ramona (B) and to hold a grudge against Dorinda (Sonja).

If Lu is doing cabaret shows in the city around the drunken proletariat masses, there is no reason to believe the very presence of Ramona Coaster and Dorinda is going to lead to her falling off the wagon. If anyone genuinely believed that, they'd be sending her back to rehab.

Lu's sobriety is her responsibility and only hers. I think it's wonderful that her girlfriends staged an intervention and try to protect her, but they can't protect her from herself. I think they're gleefully using Lu's breakdown as a card to play against other cast mates. Problem is, it's making for a dull season. 

I'm on Dorinda's side in all this. She doesn't want to talk to Lu, or be around Lu. That IS the healthiest thing for both of them right now. Lu's demands are not Dorinda's problem. Lu can get over it, or they can cease to be friends and start being colleagues. That is a fine choice and no one should push for more.

Dorinda is not in rehab or talking about rehab. She really shouldn't be shaming however long Lu spent there. And on the flip side, Lu needs to stop projecting and deflecting her shit on others. Just because you did two vacation stints somewhere doesn't give you the right to start diagnosing and bullying others while insisting they too have your problem - only worse. ::side eye:: Isn't part of the program to be taking accountability for your own actions?

I wouldn't apologize to anyone unless it was sincere. So I applaud Dorinda for not apologizing out of need for camera time. It is CRYSTAL CLEAR Lu doesn't want an apology. She wants a pound of flesh and a punching bag on which to unload her pent-up anger. And B, sharpening her knives in the background, is only too happy to serve up Dorinda or Ramona for Lu to bludgeon. She's very much what the RHBH crew insists LVP is - a manipulator who indirectly gets others to do her dirty work. Remember the MESSAGE she had Alex deliver to Jill? Jill and Alex never recovered, and somehow Jill was groveling to B by the end of season 3...

Tins is so adorable. She's kinda boring, but that car is gorgeous and her style is on point. She's absolutely beautiful in person and it translates on screen. 

Barbara uninvited Dorinda and Ramona to have a moment and wedge her way into a storyline. Nothing authentic there. She'd bury Lu under sheetrock if it got her another construction job.

Sonja is probably loving this uninvited storyline. God, I wish they'd incorporated the Alanis Morisette song somewhere in this ep. I would have been rolling as hard as I did when The Bachelor closed its season with the snarky performance of Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing At All." She's still mad about being uninvited to the Berkshires, and is taking every opportunity to show Dorinda how shitty it is to let that go on.

I am so not the person to quote someone else's post and be like, "THIS. Times a million."  (Isn't that what the like button is for?) But, holy shit, you nailed this situation so spot-on, that I had to re-post and bold some of your comments because they make so much sense and really put the pieces together in a way that I couldn't articulate or even wrap my mind around. That was awesome. I especially love the imagery of Bethenny sharpening her knives! 

Good callback to Alex and "the message" (and the resulting hives). Bethenny is no babe in the woods. Speaking of season three, remember Bethenny calling Luann a snake at Fashion Week, and the two were getting into it so badly that Kelly told them they were embarrassing her and she went of to talk to Lisa Rinna? Yep, a leopard doesn't change its spots, history tends to repeat itself, and I am confident we will wind up back there soon enough.  

I think a lot of these women are dabbling in the darker substances. I don't really judge drug use, but I'll call it like I see it!

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I wonder what would have been the appropriate way for Dorinda to reach out the first time that would have made the great and powerful cabaret star Luanne happy? Groveling at the feet of the mighty stage star and begging  for forgiveness while kissing the ring?  It was a small first step in breaking the ice to see how she would react and boy howdy did she ever In the most snobbish countess way she could then running to each of the ladies to make fun of it.... wow what a freaking low class bitch thing to do ... lady you are above no one you have been arrested and put in jail you tried to rip off your own kids you had to be forced back into rehab 2 times you had a power of attorney taken out cause you were such a fucking mess and you blame everyone for you drinking other then yourself. How she can have that snobbish outlook at herself like she is the bright shining star that does no and has done no wrong is beyond me. It might have to do with her circle of yes men (friends) around her telling her how great she is without trying to hold her responsible for any of her actions .just my opinion 

"I'm sorry I was wrong and I brought up your arrest. It was mean and very hurtful. Then I was quite vocal and angry at your debut. At those times, I was also hurt but that is no excuse for my behavior. I'm sorry for my part in this, I hope in time we can move on."

Then shut up, don't hash it over with people, wait to see what happens, let go and go your separate ways if need be, and be cordial when in each other's company.

Make your peace within yourself so it doesn't eat you.

Later,  if the healed friendship has some time behind it, or if you can be cordial but not friends, calmly without allowing it to escalate let her know how you were hurt.  

What I didn't like about sending the quote is that it was very passive and could be seen two ways. 

That both have egos. They both don't like to be wrong. They both aren't ready to forgive, and take responsibility, nor hear what the other has to say. Heck it took Bobby's death to get Jill and Bethany in the same room after umpteen years.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Nothing is ever going to take Luann down a notch. Not arrests, rehab, fighting with her children, a marriage that imploded just the way everyone "told her so". Nothing. The woman is insufferable and I can't believe Bethenny was ever supporting her, Bethenny has always hated Lu. 

The entire NY cast is insufferable!

• Love 5

I wish Dorinda hadn't sent the text. It was a cypher. It wasn't useful. All it did was muddy the waters even further after this episode's Clambake Calamity of the Dis-invite Debacle. 

That was not appropriate to send, unless Dorinda was going to preface or follow it with her own words. I would be confused by such a text. After such a long time of no communication, that's like throwing a fake grenade through someone's window. They're just sitting there, waiting for something to happen.

Use your words. Make them count. Be real. I think Dorinda was mad and felt the need to say something, but that reach-out wasn't conducive to moving forward. In fact, I think it set them back. Barbara's dis-invite already moved them backward, and this only aided that process. 

If someone sent that text to me, I'd have felt compelled to respond: "Please converse with me like a real human and tell me what you mean by this. Otherwise, I have no cause to respond."

• Love 23
14 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I consider Tins to be the lemon sorbet in the 5 course meal that is a NY season.

Bosawks - that was such a lovely sweet thing to say about Tinsley - many hearts

Tinsley reacts to your compliment

giphy.gif

insert mewling sounds

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, kicksave said:

As for Luann...my guess is that she is bipolar. The description of her manic behavior last summer culminating in an intervention that was brought on by her  failed obsession to purchase a six million dollar estate in upstate New York, sounds like hypo mania. She is self medicating with alcohol. She needs a full psych evaluation for bipolar disorder as well as a top notch rehab facility for three months or longer. I believe she have a dual diagnosis and would need to be in a place that can address both of these problems...she should probably quit the show and get serious about her serious problems.

Add to her classic manic behavior her crazy high on love lets get married right away stint with her soulmateTom, then falling in to the depths of despair with alcohol after the marriage imploded, I also do believe she is bipolar.  Extreme highs, lowest of the lows. She also married the Count a week after meeting him, while living with another boyfriend. Lu has most likely been suffering from this disorder for many, many years. I hope she gets the help she needs but I don't think she's hit rock bottom yet. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

While I'm sure Bethenny's shock & grief over Dennis' death was real, I do not think she spent every waking moment in despair over it.  I know they weren't married or even officially/publicly engaged, so I wouldn't expect her loss to be treated the same as Carole's or Dorinda's or Jill's loss of their long time partners and husbands (although, per Bethenny's ME! ME! ME! personna, she did compare her being "alone" to Jill's being widowed...at Bobby's funeral) .  Everyone grieves differently.  Bethenny certainly had feelings for Dennis and I'm sure his sudden death was a real blow to her.  However, she was off onto another man within a month or so after Dennis died.  She started dating the real estate dude who saved her life in Sept/Oct I think.  Dennis passed in August I think?  Again, everyone grieves differently & there is no "right" time to jump back into the dating world.  I just hope that every time Bethenny gets into a tricky situation with these women that she doesn't pull out the "Dead Dennis" card to absolve herself from being held accountable for her nasty words or actions.  I'm pretty sure they were still filming RHONY when she started her latest romance, so all of the cast & crew would know she wasn't shrouded in black or in secluded mourning like some Victorian war widow.  

But I would KILL for Bethenny's Hampton houses.  She does have an amazing sense of style.   Romona's house is just so uninviting in my opinion.  She doesn't have a sense of taste or that touch to make her surroundings comfortable or personalized. She also had NO idea what she was talking about when she dissed Bethenny's choice of a house "on the highway".  Shutty, Romona!  That place is Ahhhh-MAZ-ING.  Barb the Builder should partner up with Queen B.

Lu is most definitely back in Countess mode.  Her haughtiness and swelled pumpkin head is what pushes Bethenny back over the  friendship line.  It's nice she's had some success with the cabaret act, but I'd bet the majority of people going to see her shows are Looky-Loos who want to see a TV personality vs. hear her warbling words of wit & wisdom.  But let's face it - Luann is no Patti Lupone or Elaine Stritch.  One would think after being publicly humiliated So. Many. Times Luann's brain would activate the one tiny strand of DNA that contains the humble gene. 

Biggest laugh of the night for me was Romona's "Mermaid Descending a Staircase".  OMG! That needs to be a GIF (with apologies to Mr. Marcel Duchamp).

So now Luann will have her daughter on stage talking, I mean singing, with her.  I mentioned way back that my daughter went to see her act.  She doesn’t sing .. she talks thru a song with anyone else she can get on the stage with her.  Sonja takes her dress off and prances around, all for the amazing price of one hundred bucks.  People go crazy .. they don’t care if she can’t sing.   The Jovanni dresses are amazing tho.  They’re on for less than an hour, with breaks.  She’s now a must see attraction in the city.  Personally, I think Dorinda was insulted she wasn’t included in the act and has been pissed off since.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Okay, first off, I believe both Luanne and Dorinda are alcoholics. Both of them need to WANT to get sober and I don’t believe either of them are there yet. 

What Luanne went through prior to “the intervention” sounds more like a manic episode than something alcohol fused, but that’s just my opinion. 

I think Dorinda just wanted a “thank you” from Luanne  for scoring her the Jovanni gowns for her “cabaret act” and everything just escalated to the red hot hatred consuming them both. 

Mad gor the cabaret itself, Luanne is deluded if she thinks she actually has talent. 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Add to her classic manic behavior her crazy high on love lets get married right away stint with her soulmateTom, then falling in to the depths of despair with alcohol after the marriage imploded, I also do believe she is bipolar.  Extreme highs, lowest of the lows. She also married the Count a week after meeting him, while living with another boyfriend. Lu has most likely been suffering from this disorder for many, many years. I hope she gets the help she needs but I don't think she's hit rock bottom yet. 

It all seems very familiar to me...my mother was bipolar and would have bouts of hypo mania where she did things that were really out of control. These would always be followed by very bad melancholia and depression. If Luann was diagnosed bipolar and started taking the appropriate medication for it I think she would see things clearer and have a happy and healthy life. 

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Add to her classic manic behavior her crazy high on love lets get married right away stint with her soulmate Tom, then falling in to the depths of despair with alcohol after the marriage imploded, I also do believe she is bipolar.  Extreme highs, lowest of the lows. She also married the Count a week after meeting him, while living with another boyfriend. Lu has most likely been suffering from this disorder for many, many years. I hope she gets the help she needs but I don't think she's hit rock bottom yet. 

I agree, she has not hit rock bottom yet. I also think there is an undiagnosed mental disorder combined with alcohol that is the cause of her erratic and impulsive behavior. And Ramona is absolutely right that two weeks in rehab is more like a vacation.  Lu did not seem to learn much – she basically went to dry out, and she now seems to realize that she is powerless over alcohol, which is step one. Now looks like she has skipped all the rest and gone straight to step 13 – looking for men at AA meetings. That’s a recipe for another relapse right there.

God, I hate those taglines.

Dorinda is a miserable dry drunk. I bet it’s a matter of time before she picks up again.

Not impressed with Barbara at all.

Beth looks like she has aged 10 years. She still looks good – just older.

• Love 8

Did anyone notice that last nights episode was like 10 minutes short in the beginning, or am I going bonkers?  It appeared to start 9:10 or 9:12.  The whole episode seemed shorter. And, all the posters should not apologize for being snarky about all of them.  We all have opinions and have the right to be bitchy.  Who cares.  Let it all out.  It’s all fun, and they are still the best, drunk or not. Lol.  I absolutely love Bethenny, but she chews like a little mouse and needs a pack of tissues in her pocket as she cries a lot about one thing or another.  There, I said it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I wish Dorinda hadn't sent the text. It was a cypher. It wasn't useful. All it did was muddy the waters even further after this episode's Clambake Calamity of the Dis-invite Debacle. 

That was not appropriate to send, unless Dorinda was going to preface or follow it with her own words. I would be confused by such a text. After such a long time of no communication, that's like throwing a fake grenade through someone's window. They're just sitting there, waiting for something to happen.

Use your words. Make them count. Be real. I think Dorinda was mad and felt the need to say something, but that reach-out wasn't conducive to moving forward. In fact, I think it set them back. Barbara's dis-invite already moved them backward, and this only aided that process. 

If someone sent that text to me, I'd have felt compelled to respond: "Please converse with me like a real human and tell me what you mean by this. Otherwise, I have no cause to respond."

I agree. It was very vague. Was she talking about Lu? Herself? What? When you send a vague text like that, you're trying to demonstrate some type of superiority to the other person. I've been a staunch Dorinda hold-out; but she's starting to lose even ME. 

• Love 10