Type keyword(s) to search

Buddy vs. Duff - General Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, justjen said:

Frankly, I enjoy* Buddy's Tell I See It candor and can't stand Duff's Everyone's Loveable Camp Counselor attitude.

*My niece told me today is Official Opposite Day

Phew... you had me there for a second! Well played! 😁

15 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Buddy made an appearance and was very gracious with the crowd. He posed for pictures with anyone who wanted a photo with him. He seemed very nice in person.....shaking hands and being very welcoming to his customers. I don't think you are seeing the real Buddy on this show.

I'm glad you got to see that. Its nice to know. Unfortunately, anybody's who's getting a first impression of him from this show isn't likely to find him endearing. Only Gordon Ramsey gets away with belittling and insulting while making it look like an art form.

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Buddy made an appearance and was very gracious with the crowd. He posed for pictures with anyone who wanted a photo with him. He seemed very nice in person.....shaking hands and being very welcoming to his customers. I don't think you are seeing the real Buddy on this show.

This doesn't change how I feel about him and this show.

There are two kind of competitive shows.  The cutthroat Survivor type and the more artistic type where there are usually more people that will helping someone out by loaning materials or labor if they finish early and the other is struggling.

Lets say Buddy is the nicest guy in the world outside of filming a competitive reality show.  But in a show his personality type the win at all costs no matter what and if boorish behavior unnerve the competitor so much the better.   

The issue with this is that this a two person competition and Duff is definitely not that type.  And Duff appears to be suffering in the environment to the point that its horrible to watch and there is no way Buddy is missing that if he is very nice in person.  Its not like there is a group competing to  ballast it.

So how many off air interactions and competitions does it take before a nice person cuts that shit out before they aren't nice?

And Buddy's customer/fan interactions don't hold a bunch of weight for me because I think that could just be that he likes having fans/fame.

The long and the short of it for me is..

I think Duff is the better television personality.

Buddy has more hustle and is by far more successful in their actual business of bakeries.  

I do not doubt that Buddy probably legitimately trounces Duff in taste in every competition.  But that is 20% of the score in the first round.  There is no way that Buddy tied/beat Duff on stuff like creativity, execution, difficulty, and presentation. with the carnival food  He didn't even try.  The taste has to be pulling down or raising other scores.  So they should just call it a taste challenge and be done with it.

I actually think that Buddy has an edge in the decorating challenges too.   Because with a time limit, big and flashy has a better shot over small and meticulously detailed.  I see no reason that Buddy wouldn't have won for the car in the first episode.   I take issue with him storming off to talk to producers mid filming (that is a Real Housewives thing).  But its really inconsistent to me that in winning the car challenge, Duff would lose Bollywood.  Again they seem to pick and choose what, out of the five elements, actually matters episode to episode.

And that is something both Buddy and Duff are reacting to on the show.  I just dislike Buddy's manner of dealing with it a lot more than Duff's.

• Love 4

Just watched the second episode. I laughed so hard at the beginning when Buddy shows up in his Hermes belt showing off his wealth and in contrast Duff shows up in his cargo shorts, backpack and 10 speed. No matter what, Duff will always outclass Buddy. I was quite disappointed that Duff lost both challenges to that chump.  One type of dough and three fillings,  at least one of those fillings premade.  All of Duff’s components homemade and creative. That decisionn confused me. As soon as I heard about Buddy’s cake I knew he would win. I saw quite a few flaws in the way things were applied to the cake. Duff’s cake was smaller and much more delicate and gorgeous.

i sure hope Duff comes through in the end and wins this thing!

• Love 14
On 3/14/2019 at 2:16 AM, ShortyMac said:

I would totally watch that.

I'd watch that, too (as well as Duff vs. Bobby).  I've watched both Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes, and I've liked both.  I'm not Italian, but one of my parents is from Long Island.  There's a certain loudness and brashness that comes from some of my relatives---Buddy reminds me of that.  Sometimes it does get a little crude or base.  My parent isn't like that, but some of my extended relatives can be.  We just tell them to knock it off or ignore it.  Usually it's just "annoyingly crude" like Buddy can sometimes be, but it's no biggie.  Buddy is also usually no biggie for me.

All of that said, Buddy has now gone full-blown obnoxious, not just a brash East Coast vibe.  It's distasteful, and even if FN wants to create competition, I can't believe this is the vibe the network wants.  This isn't talking good-natured smack.  Buddy is descending into gutter-level trash.  If I were Lisa (his wife), I'd be saying "What the heck are you doing?  Knock it off!"  He's wrecking his brand, and I'm disappointed that Ralph is behaving the same way.  Ralph is quirky and artistic on Cake Boss, but he's acting mean like Buddy.

• Love 6

I looked at Buddy's Facebook page and everyone is complaining about how he is acting on the show. He claims it is the editing from the producers making him look that way.  Why in the world would he allow them to basically trash his reputation by editing him this way? I don't think it is all editing. Those things have come out of his mouth. 

• Love 11

From Food Network Buddy v. Duff page:

"Dogs, cakes and egos compete for center stage as Buddy and Duff struggle to outdo themselves and each other."

So, still and again with the amped up egos and drama.  Just like on the seasonal Baking Championships, stop with the contrived twists, stupid constraints and let them just BAKE.  Food Network used to be reliably entertaining, when it was about food.  But they take a good idea, and interesting format, and crap it up somehow.  This time they're showing an egotistical blowhard bully a sweet, talented guy.  Not good television.

• Love 3

I have seen both Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss along with all the other shows these two have been judges on. I have to an I was surprised by the way Buddy acted. Stomping off after and whining to the producers. What a baby. Just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's better. Duff has always acted like a professional and even after losing he took his lumps unlike Buddy the baby. I would love to see just Duff and Buddy go head to head because there is no way Buddy could hold a candle to Duff in decorating anything. Buddy has everyone else do the difficult tasks where  Duff goes after it himself. Duff be proud of how you acted and treated others in this show cause you out classed Buddy by a mile. Buddy is a sore loser  who will whine and cry you when he doesn't win. Hennessey I think Food Network should take a long look at Buddy's actions and cancel his show as ll as ban him from judging anything,being a ostmoe or guest on any of their shows bad attitude and negative reflection on Food Network. 

• Love 1

Very glad to see that Duff's pie beat Buddy's. He served them a gray pie, just what everyone wants. /s

Heavy custard filling, all that whipped cream, plus meringue? Too much, even for me. Seeing him go huge on basically every challenge is a little exhausting. I was glad to see him knocked down a bit.

Duff's looked more appealing, and I don't like blueberry pie. When I want pie, I want that flaky crust.

I don't understand how Buddy's cake won. The airbrush job was crap, and I agree with Duff that the sheepdog looked bad, too. Piñata was a good comparison. The piped grass and flowers looked sloppy to me.

• Love 6
On 3/23/2019 at 5:22 PM, Mollysmom said:

I looked at Buddy's Facebook page and everyone is complaining about how he is acting on the show. He claims it is the editing from the producers making him look that way.  Why in the world would he allow them to basically trash his reputation by editing him this way? I don't think it is all editing. Those things have come out of his mouth. 

That's what all reality stars claim when they come off looking bad. The producer's didn't over dub his words and CGI his stomping off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Very glad to see that Duff's pie beat Buddy's. He served them a gray pie, just what everyone wants. /s

Heavy custard filling, all that whipped cream, plus meringue? Too much, even for me. Seeing him go huge on basically every challenge is a little exhausting. I was glad to see him knocked down a bit.

Duff's looked more appealing, and I don't like blueberry pie. When I want pie, I want that flaky crust.

I don't understand how Buddy's cake won. The airbrush job was crap, and I agree with Duff that the sheepdog looked bad, too. Piñata was a good comparison. The piped grass and flowers looked sloppy to me.

The dog was eating the crappy decorations off buddy’s display and the little girl only wanted to eat the dog crap!?! Eew!!!  Buddy “ just wanted to have fun wid it”. Seriously?! Duff is still the better baker, hands down, no matter what the judges say!

Edited by Granny
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Mollysmom said:

Buddy's sheepdog looked like a pinata! How could they say he did a good job on it? 

No idea how they’re judging.  There doesn’t seem to be any consistency in the judging. Best part of Buddy’s was the poop!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I've gone hard for Duff in the other challenges but I thought this one was a little closer.  There was somethign about the eyes/face of Duff's dog that I didn't think was nearly as good as the rest of the body and Buddy's faces were on point.   The shape of the dog, the muscularity, the amazing white fondant work?  The whimsy in the story?  All Duff.  But there was something in the eye/face that for me wasn't quite right.

16 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I've gone hard for Duff in the other challenges but I thought this one was a little closer.  There was somethign about the eyes/face of Duff's dog that I didn't think was nearly as good as the rest of the body and Buddy's faces were on point.   The shape of the dog, the muscularity, the amazing white fondant work?  The whimsy in the story?  All Duff.  But there was something in the eye/face that for me wasn't quite right.

Duff’s dog looked like a statue of a dog with weirdly done eyes, while Buddy’s had more liveliness. 

While Buddy’s pie was, as usual excessive, I thought Duff’s pie looked very strange. He’s got a nice little blueberry pie with what looked liked a caramelized sugar crust, then he throws these pale hand-painted dough discs on top? There was no integration of the decorative elements with the rest of the pie, and I wondered how they might have interfered with tasting the flakiness of the underlying crust.

Buddy's cakes definitely have more size and wow factor.   He has a formula and style and it's appealing to the masses.  It's "obvious" if you like that kind of thing and well, kids and reality stars tend to like those things.  No one is going to nitpick on the airbrush splotches on fondant hair IMO and if you have young kids you know that the element of poop is well....right up a kids alley!

I also think that Buddy still continues to let his sous do a lot more of the main work.   He basically let him roll out the brown fondant and finish the brown dog while Buddy did his specialty of piping.   Hmmmmm.

I still feel like this show has a tortured feel to it.   Neither guys are coming off with any whimsy.   It's like the person who sends a text or email and is trying to be funny or sarcastic but it comes off as awkward or abrasive?   Yeah like that.  

• Love 3

The eyes on Duff's dog were definitely wonky.   And like last week's elephant, there was very little cake in it.  As for Buddy's the faces on two of the dogs were really good.  But I wasn't paying enough attention--were they done by the assistant again like the dancer last week?   I thought using the pasta machine for fur had fair results, but the airbrushing looked awful on the sheepdog.  And I thought the grass and flowers clashed with the dogs. 

Duff is basically an artist who works in edible medium, not a cake maker.    There's nothing wrong with that, but if you end up serving your guests sheet cake.   Depending on the event, that may or may not matter.   Buddy basically works factory.   He works in a real, operating bakery and has to turn out volume quickly, including his cakes.  The problem is he thinks her can turn out artistic quality and size in less time than someone who's truly handcrafting a cake.  As they keep pointing out, these guys have vastly different backgrounds and neither deviates from their style.   Every week Duff does some monster cake like the old Food Network Challenge is still around with it's massive height requirements and Duff does something small and detailed.  It's not really a fair comparison and unless they're going to give out more detailed requirements we've gonna see this--and the ensuing misery--three more weeks. 

I didn't like that guest judge when she was on that Giada cake show and I didn't like her here.   But I did have to agree with her on one thing:   blueberries (on any fruit) + cinnamon is not an appropriate combo.   Who wants fall-ish cinnamon in their summer pie?

That little girl bugged.  I didn't like her giving Buddy something else to snark about and watching her gleefully chowing down on the representation of a dog turd (really Buddy?  Is that what you want associated with your cake?) was disgusting.   I guess that's what you get when slap a goofy smile on a pile of poop and encourage kids to text it to each other.   Good to know we're raising a generation that will abolish that scat stigma.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Maverick said:

Duff is basically an artist who works in edible medium, not a cake maker.    There's nothing wrong with that, but if you end up serving your guests sheet cake.   Depending on the event, that may or may not matter.   Buddy basically works factory.   He works in a real, operating bakery and has to turn out volume quickly, including his cakes.  The problem is he thinks her can turn out artistic quality and size in less time than someone who's truly handcrafting a cake.  As they keep pointing out, these guys have vastly different backgrounds and neither deviates from their style.   Every week Duff does some monster cake like the old Food Network Challenge is still around with it's massive height requirements and Duff does something small and detailed.  It's not really a fair comparison and unless they're going to give out more detailed requirements we've gonna see this--and the ensuing misery--three more weeks. 

That's it in a nutshell - an artist vs "bigger is better".  The banana cream pie was humongous and gray inside but with Buddy that's his style - too much of everything.  Duff's smaller and delicate but apparently hit all of the marks for the judges.  As a blueberry pie aficionado, that looked delicious.

While Buddy does his flowers by hand and they are beautiful did they really fit with the dog?  Do roses just sit on top of grass like that?  And I'm not sure that a dog lunging at lumps of buttercream deserves bragging rights.  Duff's story was really nice considering that fact that Christina (cannot STAND her) has a little girl but clearly the judges are not into the story.

The "fur" on the dog was just done in a pasta machine so I'm not sure why all of the remarks on how much work that took.

It seems like it's just style vs. size.  And in that case, Buddy will always win.

• Love 4

It breaks my heart to see that look on Duff's face when he loses to this blowhard. He takes it to heart, but maintains a professional demeanor every time.  The only one coming out of this looking good is Duff.  Buddy, Keagan, Sherry, they are all looking really bad.  Inconsistency in judging is just wrong.  

That "sheepdog"  was all kinds of wacky wrong.  The fondant fur, and the way Buddy airbrushed it, it just looked dirty.  Yeah gimme a big ole hunk of dirty dog cake, yum.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I was hoping that last night would be the episode where Buddy learned a little humility.  You can be self-confident and humble at the same time, but his self-centered, horrible sportsmanship, sore loser (he said something crappy about Duff's pie after Duff won...can't remember what it was) is just a total downer to watch when there are other FN bakers/pastry people who would be so much more fun to watch in a competition with Duff. 

- Lorraine Pascale

- Zac Young

-Waylynn Lucas

This show is pretty much the last thing I watch on Sunday nights and it just sucks to end the night on such a sour note. I know I don't have to watch, but then what would I complain about 😉.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, justjen said:

I was hoping that last night would be the episode where Buddy learned a little humility.  You can be self-confident and humble at the same time, but his self-centered, horrible sportsmanship, sore loser (he said something crappy about Duff's pie after Duff won...can't remember what it was) is just a total downer to watch when there are other FN bakers/pastry people who would be so much more fun to watch in a competition with Duff. 

- Lorraine Pascale

- Zac Young

-Waylynn Lucas

This show is pretty much the last thing I watch on Sunday nights and it just sucks to end the night on such a sour note. I know I don't have to watch, but then what would I complain about 😉.

Brownwen Webber would be a good one also to compete against Duff. She jokingly smack talks. Not vicious like Buddy. 

• Love 3
On 3/17/2019 at 10:13 PM, AlteredArtichoke said:

I miss Ace of Cakes.

Me too!  All Buddy does is make big cakes.  They don't have half the technique that Duff regularly applies.  Buddy better not win this show.  Duff is getting railroaded.

Edited by cujokay
typo
  • Love 2

Buddy's "bigger is better" schtick is going to come back and bite him in the butt I feel. His "let's make this cake as tall as possible" cake is going to topple over in the truck. I hope. 

Tasting the cakes really needs to be part of this competition. It looks like they are both using the same sheet cakes for the second part, with 70% of it being rice crispy treats. Then it's all fondant and hands all over it. It seems more like who can make a better sculpture than who is the better baker. I know the first part is about taste, but the second part should be too!! Sure the thing may look pretty, but if it's 80% non-edible rice crispy treats and pipes, and 20% sheet cake I can buy myself, then what's the point? 

It seems like the parts of the cakes that Buddy is getting praise for are the parts that his assistant did. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Mollysmom said:

Brownwen Webber would be a good one also to compete against Duff. She jokingly smack talks. Not vicious like Buddy. 

Even, for all his preening, I think Damiano would be better. 

• Love 3

Has anyone here made a banana cream pie that DIDN'T turn that color?  I thought that was pretty much standard unless you:  make vanilla pastry cream and add the bananas later, in which case the flavor is impacted, or add a bunch of food coloring to try to yellow it out?  

That said, I didn't care for Duff's pie either.  I think he's been spending too much time with the contestants on Kids' Baking Championship. 

I agree with most folks here that bigger isn't always better, but I also think there is something to be said for the initial "wow factor" of bringing out a really big cake.  At first glance, both look impressive so the win goes to BIG.  It's not until you look at the details that you notice, hey, the big one is a little sloppy while the smaller one is super clean.  Judges should know better but that doesn't necessarily negate that initial "holy cow!" when the cakes come out.   

Of course, all of this assumes that the competition is being fairly judged and not carefully orchestrated for optimal drama.........  😝

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Looks like we'll be seeing more of these two:

With the success of Buddy vs. Duff, two new baking shows featuring Duff Goldman and Buddy Valastro are coming to the Food Network this Spring.

New baking shows are having food TV fans glued to their devices. Have you been watching Buddy vs. Duff? The popular baking competition has sparked a big interest in both Duff Goldman and Buddy Valastro. After the king of cakes is crowned, Food Network baking fans have two new shows to keep them entertained.

According to the Food Network, the two new shows will give fans what they want, more Duff and Buddy. Duff’s new show is called Duff Takes the Cake. Premiering on April 15, the show will focus on what the Ace of Cakes does best, create over the top cakes for special milestones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

And Buddy's show?  Showcase what he does best?  Trash talking other more talented people who dare to do what he believes only he can do?  Please.  Guy Fieri is on all the dang time, one obnoxious host is enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I am pretty sure that Buddy isn't the only baker in America that knows how to make flowers from buttercream.  

On 3/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, ShortyMac said:

He used a star tip to make the grass.  They make grass tips. that make the frosting come out as little tubes.  A star tip makes no sense.  

On 3/24/2019 at 10:08 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

I also think that Buddy still continues to let his sous do a lot more of the main work.   He basically let him roll out the brown fondant and finish the brown dog while Buddy did his specialty of piping.   Hmmmmm.

The only reason Buddy's cakes looked as good as they did is because of his assistant.  From what I saw, all Buddy did was the airbrushing that wasn't all that good and the landscaping with grass that didn't look like grass and flowers that made no sense.  

Note: This is not a slap on Geoff, because I thought Duff's cakes were better looking and Geoff is awesome.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:19 AM, justjen said:

Even, for all his preening, I think Damiano would be better. 

I cannot think of a baker on TV who would be worse to watch than Buddy.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, needschocolate said:

I am pretty sure that Buddy isn't the only baker in America that knows how to make flowers from buttercream.  

Are you sure?  Because according to him he is and it a lost "art."   

I must be wrong since I thought piped buttercream flowers were indicative of what comes from my local grocery store for emergency birthdays.  Same with pull piped faux grass.  And candles that don't blow out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I found this interview with Buddy, who, BTW, has a food empire, complete with several cookbooks. 

This article mentions the "Buddy V's" restaurant in the Sands Casino, Bethlehem, PA. I've had their Eggplant Parmigiana, and it was dee-licious (I'm half-Sicilian, so familiar with the cuisine!). We also have a Carlo's Bakery; didn't like the Lobster Tails (to be fair, I tried them a day later), but the cakes are great! 

But you might find most interesting the paragraph on Duff......

https://www.mashed.com/87784/untold-truth-buddy-valastro/

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I found this interview with Buddy, who, BTW, has a food empire, complete with several cookbooks. 

This article mentions the "Buddy V's" restaurant in the Sands Casino, Bethlehem, PA. I've had their Eggplant Parmigiana, and it was dee-licious (I'm half-Sicilian, so familiar with the cuisine!). We also have a Carlo's Bakery; didn't like the Lobster Tails (to be fair, I tried them a day later), but the cakes are great! 

But you might find most interesting the paragraph on Duff......

https://www.mashed.com/87784/untold-truth-buddy-valastro/

This article is an incredible PR piece for Buddy.  Funny how its titled "The Untold Truth" when it is a compilation of info from articles about him.  Hasn't changed my poor opinion of him.  No matter what he says, his behavior on the show is nasty.

• Love 11

Interesting read.  There are things I didn't know about Buddy, but even after reading it I still find him to be off-putting, to be polite.  There's a smug, smarmy "I'm better than everybody" air about him that's unappealing. Confidence is fine, he has the right to feel confident in his business sense.  Yes he has worked hard, appears to be a great family man.  But those things, they just remind me of a politician, a huckster who says look at me, how great, yet humble I am.  I didn't know about Duff's remarks about him back in 2012.  Certainly taken out of whatever context he said them in, they don't make Duff look good.  But what was the comparison?  Decorating style?  Personality?  I don't know the whole story.  

None of that changes what I see and hear when I watch this competition.  Buddy talks smak and derides Duff at every turn.  His cakes are huge and not that intricate.  Duff seems to go his artistic way with dignity and taking the high road.  Now if that changes, I will be disappointed in Duff.  I plan on watching the next episode with the sound off, just to see if I get a different vibe. 

• Love 7

I'd definitely choose Buddy's creation over Duff's here:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Food/baked-best-buddy-valastro-duff-goldman-team-show/story?id=61481639

As for WHY  "Buddy vs Duff" is even a show, well, I feel silly in not figuring it out! Read the final paragraph and be prepared for "Buddy vs Duff" to end in a tie!

https://www.foodnetworkgossip.com/2019/03/buddy-vs-duff-season-1-discussion.html

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Are you sure?  Because according to him he is and it a lost "art."   

I must be wrong since I thought piped buttercream flowers were indicative of what comes from my local grocery store for emergency birthdays.  Same with pull piped faux grass.  And candles that don't blow out.

Um, I do buttercream flowers. Because I don't cover my cakes with fondant crap, that none of my customers want. The only time I don't use buttercream flowers is when I am using real ones. And I am NOT a grocery store.  And not sure what you think should go down as grass-something non-edible?

• Love 6

I also pipe roses, other flowers on occasion because I don't work with fondant.  My roses are every bit as good as Buddy's if not as large.  

As for the GMA spot, of course Buddy's gonna do the brown-nose thing and recreate the hosts in modeling chocolate, or should I say have his assistant do it.  His cake, yes well done.  Duff's was also well done.  I'd call it a draw.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, luvapickle said:

Um, I do buttercream flowers. Because I don't cover my cakes with fondant crap, that none of my customers want. The only time I don't use buttercream flowers is when I am using real ones. And I am NOT a grocery store.  And not sure what you think should go down as grass-something non-edible?

So you took my comment to mean that I was slighting you and other decorators who use buttercream flowers?   Rather than the Almighty Lost Art Chef Buddy pretending that he was Luke Skywalker sitting on a rock at Lost Planet as the Last Buttercream Flower Jedi?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

Buddy vs Duff was FN's highest rated show last week.

Probably because everyone is waiting to watch Buddy get his! He is so easy to dislike! And Duff is so easy to like!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

So you took my comment to mean that I was slighting you and other decorators who use buttercream flowers?   Rather than the Almighty Lost Art Chef Buddy pretending that he was Luke Skywalker sitting on a rock at Lost Planet as the Last Buttercream Flower Jedi?

Well yes, with the way you originally put it. I cannot stand Buddy either, & I think he's wrong about it being a lost art since most bakers are going back to using buttercream.  However with the way you put it now, I get it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bunnyette said:

Dear Christina Flip Flop

Due to your spoiled brat and disrespect for Duff, I’ll no longer watch your shows.

I cannot stand her. Even before the divorce from Tarek, I thought she sucked. She annoys the ever living hell out of me. And the way she acted on the show really made me dislike her more.

• Love 9

The frame thing around the bride and groom looked messy and like nasty. If I was a bride there was NO CONTEST, I would choose the Duff cake(s). I would need more cake but other than that i loved it.  I HATE traditional looking wedding cakes, but that is me.  

Duff restaurant dessert was gorgeous, like a mushroom forest. But Buddy’s looked like it would be yummy. 

• Love 6