Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: My Little Secret

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Luke leaving after sex and acting weird. Is he just using her because he is needy and she is there? or is he gay? Would he really do the show if he was struggling with being gay? it is weird because it is not Nick and Sonia because they had sex once , Kate said 4-5 times. Once I could understand, you try and you just do not feel it, but 4-5 times??

Totallt looks to me like he is just having sex with her because he wants to have sex, despite zero attraction. I have been privy to many conversations from my brothers and husbands friends over the years (unfortunately!) And many guys will have sex with a woman they qre conpketely not attracted to just because they want ti get their **** wet. This looks just like a Nick/Sonia situation because in both cases the guy didnt like to admit to having sex with her. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I had my honeymoon at Mt. Airy Lodge, which is a different resort now.  I've been to Cove Haven and Pocono Gardens on "mini moons" too - also many moons ago.  Did the champagne glass tub thing too, lol.

I could just see my hubs and I in the champagne glass now, haha.  Probably wouldn’t fit in.  It was a great week tho, horseback riding, making pizza with the other couples, etc.  nice atmosphere then.  Have to go again one of these weekends and remember then and now.  Big difference.  My “then” pic is my profile, minus about 100 pounds, lol.  Ah, youth.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

The way I see it between Will and Jasmine is that there's no spark there.  Will gets jazzed by intellectual stimulation and passion, while Jasmine gets jazzed by sensuality and security.  Let's face it, Will is anything but sensual because he's all in his head, while Jasmine is anything but intellectually stimulating because she's very here-and-now and conventional with not much intellectuality in there.  She is scared by all the idealistic possibilities rambling around in his head and fears he is not the conventional rock of gibraltar/pay check she wants in a man.  He sees her as not on his level intellectually and fears she doesn't appreciate his life's passion.  It's no wonder there's no spark between them - They're just a bad match.

I think hes just no longer sexually interested in Jasmine. He found a much, much more tactful way of saying it than Luke though. She comes onto him very, very strong and he finds ways to avoid contact. Which I respect, because he does not have to have sex with her if he doesn't feel like it. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I've been in that champagne glass tub they showed Kristine and Keith in in the coming attractions.  It was at one of the Caesar's Pocono couples resorts.  That was a couple of decades ago and I can't believe it still looks exactly the same!  But it proves that they get to leave that awful communal house rental the show put them in just to screw around with them (and us).  Thank goodness, I couldn't take thinking they'd be stuck in that situation the entire time.

Kristine's attitude on "Unfiltered" made me wonder WTF she is doing with him.  She would never have picked him.....He doesn't make enough money....He's lazy, he's this, he's that.  Even Jamie O. asked her what makes her want to be with him and I found her answer to be wishy-washy.  I do think she is over him and is just considering him her next relationship but is not upset that it may not work out.  She's like "Oh well", like she'll just go back to the drawing board.  Is it really that easy for her or does she just want to act like it's no biggie?

AJ has serious issues.  If any guy I was ever with acted like that I'd be seriously reconsidering him for any long term relationship.  I can't take being mortified in public like that.  When Stephanie went inside to sleep I didn't believe it was because she was tired but because she didn't want to witness his mortifying behavior.  She keeps making lemons out of lemonade with him but eventually she's going to have to wake up and realize it's not acceptable to her.  He is way too volatile about just about everything.  From the angry driving, to the anger and frustration directed at production to who knows what else, it's maddening!  Someone get the guy a ritalin or valium or whatever they've replaced that with these days!

Jasmine may be a lot of things, but Will is so bo-ring and in his head I just can't with him anymore.  I realize that part of it is he's not into her, but some of it is just him.  Again, I think he is an idealist and she's a realist.  He is an idealist stuck in a financial career, hence why he wants to do something good for the world.  I understand and admire that, but he's still a big bore.  He wants her to bring him mental stimulation, meanwhile he's just a big snooze.

Kate is a masochist.  It's gone beyond her just being into a guy.  She would be a battered woman if she were involved with that kind of guy.  Puke's a loathsome douche that's taking advantage of her.  That's why he didn't want the experts to know he was having sex with her.  He knows he's doing something wrong.  Again with the experts failing her.  Pepper's reaction was so weak.  Come ON already!

Oh yes to Kristene.  I think she wants more all around.

Will was a different person on Unfilteted.  He was actually talking up a storm and interesting I thought.  It’s just he doesn’t want Jasmine at all, so he has nothing to say.

A.J.  Never mind the way he talks in public.  If I was married to him and he talked like that in my house, I think I would have to smash him in the head.  He showed his true colors this time.  Could you imagine him with a crying baby?  She has to dump him asap.  Maybe she will after she sees the film.  He needs AA and a good therapist or a straight jacket.

Is Kate on drugs?  I can’t take her monotone voice or her in general.  I don’t have pity for a woman who takes that kind of crap.

P.S.  Will is sleeping all the time to pass the hours until he is free of Jasmine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

It's like Sonia and Nick all over again, when Nick said he wasn't attracted to Sonia, and she revealed that they were actually having sex. Luke wanted to keep it a secret because he knew once everyone found out that they were actually having sex, he would come off as an even bigger douche than people already see him as.

Kate must have super low self esteem to still be allowing herself to have sex with Luke even though he clearly regrets it afterward. She really needs to find a therapist and work on herself before she can allow herself to be in a relationship. I think Luke may be gay, that is the only explanation I can think of on why he would feel guilt/disgust after having sex with Kate and go into the other room for two hours.

Will needs to be honest with Jasmine and just let her know that he is not into her. That kiss was super awkward.

AJ came off as more unstable than ever and I hope for Stephanie's sake it was played up by production to generate more drama, otherwise she is in trouble.

I do think that Kristine and Keith will stay together on decision day but long term I don't see them lasting since Kristine is very ambitious and goal orientated and Keith seems to be the opposite.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

This looks just like a Nick/Sonia situation because in both cases the guy didnt like to admit to having sex with her. 

I haven't seen this whole episode yet (stopped watching about halfway through, after Kate's reveal) but in fairness to Nick and Sonia, if I recall correctly they agreed to keep their sex life off camera at HER request. She told Pastor Cal herself. When Pastor Cal approached Nick, he initially kept up the lie and Pastor Cal was like "It's OK, Sonia told me," Nick looked to Sonia for confirmation, she gave it, and he owned up right away. It was more like Pepper said about couples just wanting to keep their business off the street.

Kate REALLY needs to follow the "when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time" creed said by Maya Angelou. If you kiss someone and they tell you they're repulsed and dead inside and then you sleep with them (which ... don't do that) and they run to the bathroom and don't come out for hours, this is not working. It doesn't even matter why - whatever the reason, Kate has plenty of evidence that this isn't going well. I wasn't as sympathetic to her as many have been and I lost more sympathy for her after the reveal.

• Love 14

Eh, I can’t blame Kate for not figuring out that she married a psychopath in just 5 weeks.  She’s a very young woman who just went through the trauma of her family breaking up and her dad abandoning them.  Plus it takes a while to see through the lies and then more time to understand the reasoning behind the lies.  I’m sure the producer and “experts” are making things worse instead of better, too.

Edited by Booger666
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think it's an excuse, exactly. I think he's just not that into her and he's trying to put his "why" for that into words. I think he finds her objectively attractive but something about her personality or their interaction squelches any physical attraction there may be. I don't fault him for not having sex with her when he's just not feeling it; that would be leading her on, I think and not really fair to her. Or him, for that matter.

I don't fault him either, but I when I say it's an excuse, I really mean it's the reason he's using, as opposed to just being honest with her that he just isn't into her. I don't think he has any intention of making this work long term. He's just riding this show out, maybe staying together until the reunion before semi-quietly announcing their divorce. In other, words, playing the MAFS game......

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

The experts match people up based on the information THEY receive from the participants.  What Kate needs to realize is that Luke was most likely lying, the person they set her up with isn't the person Luke actually is.  

Thinking about it, I don't think Luke is gay.  Some men can have sex with women they aren't attracted to and feel bad about it later because they weren't raised that way.  Poor Kate has equated Luke having sex with her, as Luke loving her, and that's not what is happening.

Other people have stated that Luke is only on the show for money and exposure. He probably said anything to get picked and was lying about his true preferences.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Eh, I can’t blame Kate for not figuring out that she married a psychopath in just 5 weeks.  She’s a very young woman who just went through the trauma of her family breaking up and her dad abandoning them.  Plus it takes a while to see through the lies and then more time to understand the reasoning behind the lies.  I’m sure the producer and “experts” are making things worse instead of better, too.

She’s not that young. 28 is young but she’s got some life experience under her belt. And I don’t know if Luke is a psychopath or not - and neither does Kate, probably. Neither do the experts. But she DOES know that physical contact between her & Luke causes a disgust response from Luke, and has from the moment they first kissed. And that reaction has been consistent. I can see saying “well, the first time with a new partner is always awkward, maybe it’ll be better next time,” but if EVERY time your partner gets sexual with you, he freaks out AND he’s apparently told her (“lots of times,” according to her) that he’s not attracted to her, IMO that’s all the information she needs.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

If Stephanie stays with this lunatic, I hope they don’t end up having kids.  I think he is abusive and the fact that Stephanie has to lower her expectations and accept he has a short fuse is concerning to me. Children would not fare well with this big ass baby. 

AJ mentioned being involved in a SERIOUS (life threatening) motorcycle accident some years ago.  I believe he mentioned that he sustained a head injury (TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).  I worked with sufferers of these types of injuries for many years and his erratic and other behavioral traits are often seen in these types of patients.  

These types of injuries manifest throughout a person's life.  I wonder if AJ is still involved in neuro treatment?  I wonder if if EVER engaged in treatment?

I also wonder if the accident was ever charged and/or whether personal injury lawyers were ever involved.  

One thing I know for sure:  Alcohol consumption for that type of injury is usually NOT ADVISED.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

AJ mentioned being involved in a SERIOUS (life threatening) motorcycle accident some years ago.  I believe he mentioned that he sustained a head injury (TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).  I worked with sufferers of these types of injuries for many years and his erratic and other behavioral traits are often seen in these types of patients.  

These types of injuries manifest throughout a person's life.  I wonder if AJ is still involved in neuro treatment?  I wonder if if EVER engaged in treatment?

I also wonder if the accident was ever charged and/or whether personal injury lawyers were ever involved.  

One thing I know for sure:  Alcohol consumption for that type of injury is usually NOT ADVISED.

I had wondered about that too.  Did he mention a TBI?  For some reason I don't think he mentioned that.  I wonder if he's on medication?  Does he have to follow up with a neurologist on a regular basis?  Did he ever see one, for how long?

• Love 2

I just LOVED (not) the way Pepper rushed what Kate was telling her under the rug.  Is she kidding here.  She’s supposed to take what Kate is saying seriously instead of drinking her coffee.  The girl is reaching out and Pepper cut her short.  I meant brushed under the rug up there.

6 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

If Stephanie wants a divorce, I’m afraid for her as A.J. Might stalk her.

• Love 10

I agree that AJ will not see it coming if Stephanie decides to leave and will be devastated. I would be worried about his reaction, but I hope that isn't enough to keep her married to him.

Wow, this crazy show sure has done a fabulous job, haven't they? AJ is a loose cannon with a volatile temper; Luke is a sadistic con artist paired with a desperate woman with incredibly low self esteem, coming right off a family situation that requires some time to process. Good job, "experts"!

Jasmine and Will were just mismatched, but both seem like decent people. Same with Kristine and Keith. Nice people, but just at different places in their maturity and professional lives.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I just LOVED (not) the way Pepper rushed what Kate was telling her under the rug.  Is she kidding here.  She’s supposed to take what Kate is saying seriously instead of drinking her coffee.  The girl is reaching out and Pepper cut her short.  I meant brushed under the rug up there.

If Stephanie wants a divorce, I’m afraid for her as A.J. Might stalk her.

LMAO I thought I was the only one who noticed her casually sipping her coffee as Kate laid out this bombshell.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I feel like if you're an "expert" setting someone up to marry a stranger, certain things should be off the table. Like setting someone up to marry a complete stranger with residual issues from a TBI, diagnosed with mental health issues, diagnosed personality disorders, terminal or serious illness, certain physical conditions (such as inability to have children), or other things like being on the Autism spectrum.

It's not that I feel people with certain issues should never get married nor do I think it precludes having loving and satisfying long-term relationships. However, as someone married to a man on the autism spectrum, I can tell you this: certain relationships are more challenging, and both partners need to go into them with their eyes open. With some of my husband's differences, I think if I'd had it foisted on me by someone instead of choosing it because I loved him, I would've felt very angry and burdened because regardless of how wonderful I find him and how much I love him, there is a certain level of care taking that has to be involved in my role as his wife that wouldn't be there if he wasn't on the spectrum. My relationship has challenges and requires adaptations I wouldn't have had to make otherwise, and I can't imagine having gone into it without realizing those might be present.

Blindsiding someone in an arranged marriage for a TV show when there are challenges like these doesn't create the type of environment in which such marriages can go forward in a healthy way.

I suspect I'm explaining this badly. I believe everyone regardless of condition (well maybe not sociopaths and psychopaths) is capable of having a loving partnership and deserving of love. But I also feel in certain circumstances, informed consent needs to be a thing.  But then, I'd never marry a stranger, so...

ETA: I also think a known criminal background, committing a felony, having a pattern of misdemeanors, or struggling with addiction or a recent history of addiction should preclude people from being arranged in marriages by these so-called "experts." While these issues may be in the past - even far in the past - I believe they are "eyes open" kind of things that a potential partner needs to be able to consider before being, as we are so frequently reminded, legally married to someone. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20

I don't think Will is as good at communicating as he thinks he is.  He gets defensive and says that he gave Jasmine a compliment but his compliments are backhanded and buried under criticism. Jasmine isn't the only one in that relationship that is harsh towards her spouse, it is just there is more focus on it.

As far as Kate and Luke go, I think he is faking the drama after they have sex. That is why he basically had to talk her into it the last several times claiming he wasn't going to do it again only for it to be a lie. Now there could be an underlying issue. Maybe he is into something super kinky that is a turnoff to most people and he doesn't want to bring it up. But I think it is just that he is an asshole. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe Puke is afraid what Mommy would say.  Or, does Mommy know?  Every Mother knows their child.

Odds are she knows and that's why she was so quick to ask Kate what she was hoping to get from this. The obvious is a husband/marriage. She probably already knows Kate's not getting that from her son.

• Love 3

There's really no way for me to know -- nor do I particularly care to delve into -- why strangers on TV act the way they do. Childhood trauma, bad parenting, abandonment issues or health deficits are all just a noisy laundry list of possible precipitating causes.

What I care about is how people act/react to and treat others. The supposed root cause of their bad behavior is not going to make me any more sympathetic to them as adults who should already have, or be in the process of, recognizing and working to correct their deficiencies. The rest is all just excuses, excuses to me.

• Love 6

I hope this isn’t a publicity stunt by Luke. If he does “come out” later, it will remind me of the woman who faked a storyline to get on MTV only to reveal that she was a lesbian. She said she needed to come out in a way that was “memorable”. You just never know, I guess. People can be really bizarre and creepy. 

Edited by Lellend
Grammar fix
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, STRIDER1 said:

I think that aj possibly suffered short term memory loss or some sort of brain damage from his bike accident. Or maybe he was dropped a lot as a kid. who knows.

On the group dinner with pastor cal, they were informed that all 4 of the couples will be staying together in the same place. Aj then blurts out, " but in separate rooms right? "

So what does that s*** then say, the moment that he walks thru the door? " What are you doing in our house? "

Wow seriously? is his memory that bad to not remember what pastor cal told everybody? he's acting like he had absolutely no idea that he would be seeing any of the other 3 couples there and that it was only gonna be him and stephanie alone there. 

4 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

I wonder if AJ was thinking different rooms mean different hotel room?  Production pulling this house sharing was total bull, but he was told ahead of time, so the initial reaction didn’t make sense.

AJ was not surprised the couples were all staying in the same house.  When he asked what they were doing in "his" house, he was making a joke, y'all.  Perhaps not a very funny joke, but a joke nonetheless. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

AJ was not surprised the couples were all staying in the same house.  When he asked what they were doing in "his" house, he was making a joke, y'all.  Perhaps not a very funny joke, but a joke nonetheless. 

He looked mad as hell when he said it. I didn’t take that as a joke at all.

He was upset before they even got out of the car. Stephanie was already trying to talk him down. 

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

He was upset before they even got out of the car. Stephanie was already trying to talk him down. 

I think he might have been mad over how small the place was. He thinks he is getting a mini honeymoon alone with this wife like to NYC or a bed and breakfast like past couples. He finds out he has to spend a weekend with 3 others couples, 2 are not happy. Then he sees the place is tiny and they are basically going to be on top of each other, no real living room, 1 bathroom for 8 people, I thought the place was super small and I can't imagine having a camera crew in that tiny kitchen with 8 people. If you compare it to the cabin they rented Whitney and her 3 friends in Alaska last week on my big fat fabulous life and what they gave 4 couples on this show, there has to be a reason that they put them in this tiny space? Last minute change? budget?

Kristine I think knew the place was so small. She is a realtor and probably looked up the house. She was clear she wanted to be the first one there and get the first pick of rooms and she was. Smart women!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I think it was pissy sarcasm. He got out of the car saying it was going to be a bad weekend. He went in with a bad attitude. How small the place was just enraged him further.

He does not seem to realize his behavior affects others around him negatively. He makes excuses for it and just says "this is how I am". Well, bullshit. A grown up moderates behavior even when annoyed, especially considering nobody else asked for this setup either but they were all making the best of it. He seemed oblivious to how uncomfortable he was making everyone, or perhaps he was just that drunk, which is also not okay. I just cannot fathom why nobody said, "Dude, you are really drunk and making inappropriate comments. Please go to bed. We don't want to hear that."

This is my problem this season. Frustration that nobody says the truth or confronts the assholes. It's super annoying!

• Love 8

Think Pepper was drinking something stronger than coffee...her fake eyelash looked like it was put  on upside down.....

Chatty Will was almost giddy on Unfiltered ..he finally gets to talk without feeling interrogated by Detective Jas trying to figure out his future earning potential.....

Kate puts her shoes in her suitcase on top of clothes without putting them in a plastic bag...gross.

AJ is a sloppy, blow hard, erratic boozer...Steph won't stay married to that dumpster of over-the-top and out of control emotions and inappropriate lashing out behaviors.

So Puke gets all mad and upset that Kate pulled the rug out from under his master plan of secret sex...or was she once again fooled and manipulated to spill the beans to Pepper for dramatic effect...

Betcha Puke  wanted to spring their happy news to the "experts" on D Day that he and Kate been having sex all along and that they are deeply in love....*gag* barf* heave*

• Love 3
(edited)

Bet AJ's old girlfriends are at home nodding their heads at his over the top drunken behaviors at the mini moon... this is the AJ that they broke up with and good riddance to him...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I haven't read all the comments and I just got 15 minutes into the episode but I have this to say: Luke is gay and struggling with his sexuality. Who "tries to make it work," gets depressed after sex and doesn't want anyone to know about it?  He has issues.  And Kate, as usual, is thinking it's something *she* has done. She's hopeless.

Will's limp hand lying on the blanket during the kissing exercise, as well as his detached, engineer-like breakdown of the kissing experience tells me all I need to know. He is not into her. At all.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

Totally agree he was angry at the situation. However, I think he was certainly joking when he asked the other couples what they were doing in "his" house, not displaying some severe short term memory issues, as referenced in the comments quoted.

There was a voice over of AJ saying he thought the mini moon would be a chance to reconnect with Stephanie, which together with how upset he was made me wonder if he'd gotten his hopes up for the trip being something much more. He reminded me of a child who was disappointed and too young to express his feelings, so he just pitched a big fit instead. 

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I think it was pissy sarcasm. He got out of the car saying it was going to be a bad weekend. He went in with a bad attitude. How small the place was just enraged him further.

He does not seem to realize his behavior affects others around him negatively. He makes excuses for it and just says "this is how I am". Well, bullshit. A grown up moderates behavior even when annoyed, especially considering nobody else asked for this setup either but they were all making the best of it. He seemed oblivious to how uncomfortable he was making everyone, or perhaps he was just that drunk, which is also not okay. I just cannot fathom why nobody said, "Dude, you are really drunk and making inappropriate comments. Please go to bed. We don't want to hear that."

This is my problem this season. Frustration that nobody says the truth or confronts the assholes. It's super annoying!

With a time bomb like A.J., nobody wanted to say anything for fear that he might get violent and start swinging.  I’ll bet he has had plenty of fights in the bars.  I feel bad for Stephanie as her clock is ticking, and she desperately wants a child.  Back to the drawing board, which she probably hates.  Thus, she might stick it out with conditions.

• Love 3

As nicely as AJ treats Steph NOW...you know he will be a lunatic if she does something he doesn't like...something trivial or insignificant can set him off...that's the problem...he is too volatile...

Steph was alluding to his behaviors may be the deal breaker if he ever turns on her...

If she thinks she can tame him and predict his tantrums...she is kidding herself...

The way AJ talked to her on the way to the airport when she suggested following the signage would be enough to divorce his stupid ass on D Day...red flag Steph...

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I sense that Kate is very much like Stephanie, wanting marriage and children so much that they don't care WHO the husband is, as long as they have a husband.

Tonight was the first time I got Will.  The way to his libido is through his brain.  Will would like to talk to a woman who'd ask him things like, "when did you know that you wanted to help others?"  "Did you have someone who mentored you?"  "We had programs when I was growing up to keep kids off the streets in the summer," etc.  Jasmine thinks all she has to do is walk around in a sexy nightgown, doesn't do it for Will, honey.  

Spot on about both Kate and Will.

6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

That's what I didn't get.  Why would a woman keep having sex with a man who says he's repulsed by her (according to Kate, Luke said that to HER).  Like I said, I think both she and Stephanie want marriage and a family so much that they don't care who they are paired off with, as long as they have a HUSBAND.

Again, this is exactly it. They are so desperate they are willing to looks past what should be deal breaker behavior.  

6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't buy AJ's claim that he is only like this because of the cameras. 

I don't buy it either. He has told her that this is the way he is and instructed her how to deal with it. And once again, if it wasn't for the camera, he wouldn't have a wife.

5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I could just see my hubs and I in the champagne glass now, haha.  Probably wouldn’t fit in.  It was a great week tho, horseback riding, making pizza with the other couples, etc.  nice atmosphere then.  Have to go again one of these weekends and remember then and now.  Big difference.  My “then” pic is my profile, minus about 100 pounds, lol.  Ah, youth.

I used to go to Paradise Stream one of the four Caesars resorts but never stayed in the room with the champagne glass. I remember making pizza and playing trivia and stuff. It was nice. They used to deliver breakfast to the room if you did not want to go to the dining room. You filled out a little card with a pencil and checked off what you wanted. I used to write 2 coffees and extra bacon and got it every time. Fun times.  

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I had wondered about that too.  Did he mention a TBI?  For some reason I don't think he mentioned that.  I wonder if he's on medication?  Does he have to follow up with a neurologist on a regular basis?  Did he ever see one, for how long?

I call bullshit on that even if it makes me sound like an ogre. Any time someone is in the spotlight and doesn't want to be, they can put on the brakes by coming up with some traumatic event that makes the person questioning them feel bad. AJ has a large personality to say the least. What comes with that is diva-like behavior and a warning sign that he's cool when things are good but when he drinks or disagrees, then it gets ugly. I think Stephanie will stay with him out of desperation and spend her life walking on egg shells and saying "okay" to AJ any time he gets pissy. How anyone can live like that is beyond me. 

25 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

There was a voice over of AJ saying he thought the mini moon would be a chance to reconnect with Stephanie, which together with how upset he was made me wonder if he'd gotten his hopes up for the trip being something much more. He reminded me of a child who was disappointed and too young to express his feelings, so he just pitched a big fit instead. 

I couldn't understand that stupid comment. Reconnect? Because you've been apart for a year or more? Because you work opposing shifts and never see each other? Reconnect from what? Give me a break. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

I think Luke has some deep seated mental problems. Possibly being gay is only scratching the surface. He really scares me. I really don't understand how they didn't screen him out. His "United Nations" posse of past girlfriends was just a cover up. Maybe that's why he wasn't so specific about type. If you date girls from all sorts of groups and social circles, your poor behavior doesn't get back to their friends and friends of friends and so on. You keep it more silo'd. I just think he's a psycho in the making.

This 100%.  Luke is really very scary to me.  It seems like he is intentionally gaslighting poor dim Kate and is getting pleasure out of yanking her chain.  It reminds me of a cat playing with a mouse before killing it.  His demeanor and his own words indicate that he is repulsed by Kate, yet he won't just man up and tell her it's just not going to work.  Him begrudgingly telling her that she has some qualities that he finds attractive, like her organizational skills, are dripping with barely concealed loathing.  If he were just hanging in there the best he could until his contract was fulfilled, that would be one thing but having sex with Kate, then refusing to speak to her afterwards is all pure calculated torture and he is well aware of what he is doing.  It's very hard for me to understand why Kate continues to contribute to this mess.  She surely cannot honestly believe that Luke would ever in a million years be truly interested in her for anything after this.  He literally hates her and she just looks like a big eyed dumb cow looking up with love at the cowboy leading her to the slaughterhouse. 

• Love 11

I think the couples should get married at the courthouse, and then have the blowout weddings with family after the 8weeks are up, if they choose to stay together. 

Also, maybe Luke is the first dude to ever go down on Kate and her mind is just blown......? I’m out of guesses. I do not think Luke is homosexual. I think he has sex with Kate to see if she’ll do it, as a control tactic, and then punishes her for falling for his schemes. He’s pretty effed up imo. 

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Also, maybe Luke is the first dude to ever go down on Kate and her mind is just blown......? I’m out of guesses. I do not think Luke is homosexual. I think he has sex with Kate to see if she’ll do it, as a control tactic, and then punishes her for falling for his schemes. He’s pretty effed up imo. 

I can’t even imagine Luke being selfless enough to even consider going downtown. No doubt Kate has pulled all her tricks but Luke is too selfish to give. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I call bullshit on that even if it makes me sound like an ogre. Any time someone is in the spotlight and doesn't want to be, they can put on the brakes by coming up with some traumatic event that makes the person questioning them feel bad. AJ has a large personality to say the least. What comes with that is diva-like behavior and a warning sign that he's cool when things are good but when he drinks or disagrees, then it gets ugly. I think Stephanie will stay with him out of desperation and spend her life walking on egg shells and saying "okay" to AJ any time he gets pissy. How anyone can live like that is beyond me. 

I couldn't understand that stupid comment. Reconnect? Because you've been apart for a year or more? Because you work opposing shifts and never see each other? Reconnect from what? Give me a break. 

I don’t remember AJ mentioning a TBI but he described a pretty serious motorcycle accident and it’s hard to imagine he didn’t have some sort of injury to his brain whether it was fully resolved at the time or not.

I thought “reconnect” was an odd word choice too but I do sort of get it. Both of them seem to have pretty busy jobs. They also have filming. Plus all the daily life stuff (grocery shopping, laundry, errands, etc). My husband and I both work full time and have a daughter - by the end of the week, we often feel like we need some time to reconnect. I know AJ knew he was going into filming but I think he expected at least a little more private space with his wife than the house they were in. AJ handled it badly but it was an annoying situation and one created, I think, solely to create drama.

• Love 2

As a major introvert that situation they put the couples in would've been a deep, deep kind of hell for me; I would've hid somewhere until it was time to leave. Shit there was no where even to hide!  That's all kinds of wrong, I say.

3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Think Pepper was drinking something stronger than coffee...her fake eyelash looked like it was put  on upside down.....

Pepper with her spiked coffee was not too impressed with Kate's reveal. Apologize to Luke, then admit she confessed their ugly secret & he'll have fresh ammunition to use against her. She should've never, never, eeveeer been told to apologize to someone who lives in crazy town (although Kate's renting an apt. there as well for the repeated sex). He will jump at the opportunity to use it for his own benefit - stupid 'expert'.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

This is how Will looked when he was kissing Jasmine. Either he doesn't know how to passionately kiss or he doesn't want to passionately kiss Jasmine.

Yes, those lips truly belong to that fish. LOL

Placidochromis.png

Holy cow, that was painful. And then they analyzed it? I feel weird.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nr65000 said:

It seems like he is intentionally gaslighting poor dim Kate and is getting pleasure out of yanking her chain. 

Yep. The whole getting ready for the ballet scene was awful. She was so excited he did something nice for her, but every comment he made while they were getting dressed was shady:

"Is that what you're wearing?" (Translated: I think that's hideous. Rethink that outfit)

"You can go finish putting on your makeup." (After it looked like her face was already done).

After she was dressed: "Look at you!" Which is basically what people say when they can't think of anything nice to say..........he couldn't even cough up a "You look pretty!"

She annoys me, but nobody deserves to be treated like this. He is a nightmare.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I finished the episode. I'd have been embarrassed to be married to AJ after the way he behaved the first night. He's one of those people who uses "I'm brutally honest" as an excuse to be a complete asshole.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, nr65000 said:

This 100%.  Luke is really very scary to me.  It seems like he is intentionally gaslighting poor dim Kate and is getting pleasure out of yanking her chain.  

What Luke is doing, looks like expert level gaslighting to me.  He’s sleeping with Kate, dramatically hiding out for hours after, and swearing her to secrecy about it all?  It’s a total mindf***.  If Kate never tells anyone, they all think she’s crazy for being so attached to someone who has appeared to show zero interest in her, and Luke gets some action and attention.  If she tells, then he can play the victim card hardcore, and she’s the bad guy for breaking his trust.  Dr. Pepper only added fuel to the gaslighting fire by giving Kate zero helpful or constructive advice and insisting that she apologize (?!?!) to Luke. 

Edited by reallyjustjen
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

I do think that Kristine and Keith will stay together on decision day but long term I don't see them lasting since Kristine is very ambitious and goal orientated and Keith seems to be the opposite.

I have a feeling that Kristine might not have picked someone like Keith, but maybe the type of men Kristine picked weren't the best.

I find Jasmine very superficial.

AJ becomes Mr. Hyde when he drinks.

• Love 9

Aj has all the "isms," if you know what I mean.  (I, self and me)

All of the couples are in the same house, they all dealt with it, except AJ; AJ couldn't deal not even for one minute.  AJ had to drink to feel normal. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t remember AJ mentioning a TBI but he described a pretty serious motorcycle accident and it’s hard to imagine he didn’t have some sort of injury to his brain whether it was fully resolved at the time or not.

I thought “reconnect” was an odd word choice too but I do sort of get it. Both of them seem to have pretty busy jobs. They also have filming. Plus all the daily life stuff (grocery shopping, laundry, errands, etc). My husband and I both work full time and have a daughter - by the end of the week, we often feel like we need some time to reconnect. I know AJ knew he was going into filming but I think he expected at least a little more private space with his wife than the house they were in. AJ handled it badly but it was an annoying situation and one created, I think, solely to create drama.

AJ's attitude was that of someone who had not seen his wife in months or something. To feel disconnected from his wife-- a person he sees every day, even if only for a few hours-- to me is bizarre. They have no kids so the exhaustion/running/crazy factor is not there for them.

He is just such a big baby that throws a tantrum every time he feels put upon and does not get his way. You can see it all over his face when something begins to happen that he doesn't like. His face fills up like a rage meter, you can see it happening before your eyes. That's a built in thing. I don't believe for a minute that it's only the cameras.

He's a high maintenance man baby that probably has so many quirks that we don't see on television. Someone who bugs out and has strenuous objections to a shower caddy because it makes them feel closed in has issues. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

AJ's attitude was that of someone who had not seen his wife in months or something. To feel disconnected from his wife-- a person he sees every day, even if only for a few hours-- to me is bizarre. They have no kids so the exhaustion/running/crazy factor is not there for them.

I was exhausted/running/crazy long before kid. And I didn’t have someone filming the minutiae of my daily life on a regular basis. I am not excusing AJs behavior but I can see feeling disconnected under their circumstances and feeling a desire for reconnection that wouldn’t be able to happen in such close quarters.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Soup333 said:

ETA - in regards to AJ asking if the other couples are bothered by his And Stephanie’s success...what an ass. He’s probably been bragging about how the other couples have nothing on them since the honeymoon. 

I somehow missed this...what exactly did he say?  Was it at the restaurant or in the house?

13 hours ago, qtpye said:

When he made that horrible joke about love, Stephanie looked mortified and I was mortified for her. That was the first time I have ever seen Pastor Cal look like he wanted to slap the foolishness right out of a show participant.

12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The thing about "we say K, you know, K comes before L?" I barely heard him mumble that...

Is that the 'joke' that is being talked about?  I thought he was serious, that he and Stephanie had that as a thing between the two of them, that they said they were in "kuv" since that comes before "luv".

15 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

This episode confirmed for me an idea I've had forming about AJ - mainly that he's totally different off camera. If his friends have never seen him mad and Stephanie has seen it almost from the get-go it seems logical to me that there must be a new variable involved, which is of course, the reality of going through this with a camera present and multiple retakes, etc. 

I think the new variable isn't the camera...I think it's situations that are outside of his comfort zone and are not under his control.  His friends may mostly let him be in control, and they may do activities that are comfortable for him.  And it is also possible that he does do some of those reactions around his friends, but they label it "AJ being AJ", and don't recognize the anger behind it.

5 hours ago, nr65000 said:

Him begrudgingly telling her that she has some qualities that he finds attractive, like her organizational skills, are dripping with barely concealed loathing.  

That was truly, truly awful, yet she doesn't see it.

6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Will's limp hand lying on the blanket during the kissing exercise, as well as his detached, engineer-like breakdown of the kissing experience tells me all I need to know. He is not into her. At all.

That was such excellent work by the cameraman to zoom in on it...that hand really did say it all.

• Love 2