Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E01: Premiere

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, staphdude said:

Frankie’s was,imo a pity save. Cavanaugh was unpleasant but Frankie has no design sense and isn’t technically proficient. Rather a bitchy contestant than one that is incompetent.

If I were a judge, I would choose someone who made something with an idea, poorly constructed as that blue body suit was, over something that had NO idea or creativity at all. I mean, how could the judges have kept a plain black cropped tank top and a plain black skirt over ANYTHING? I don't care how well it was made (and we were not shown Cavanagh's construction so it could go either way). It was a crop top and a skirt. There was no creativity there and there was nothing interesting about any part of that outfit. You could buy that at Target. A ten year old with a sewing machine could make that. Personal stories aside, Cavanagh gave them no reason to keep her with that basic as fuck outfit.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If I were a judge, I would choose someone who made something with an idea, poorly constructed as that blue body suit was, over something that had NO idea or creativity at all. I mean, how could the judges have kept a plain black cropped tank top and a plain black skirt over ANYTHING? I don't care how well it was made (and we were not shown Cavanagh's construction so it could go either way). It was a crop top and a skirt. There was no creativity there and there was nothing interesting about any part of that outfit. You could buy that at Target. A ten year old with a sewing machine could make that. Personal stories aside, Cavanagh gave them no reason to keep her with that basic as fuck outfit.

I suppose I see Frankie’s as just as basic and uninspired but then add to that it was poorly constructed. YMMV.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, oceanview said:

I agree with some of your comment.  Would like to add in Tim's defense, that at one gab fest he mentioned that he adored Heidi and had PROMISED  he would  stick with her thru thick and thin.  I am not imagining this, I promise.  Well, he kept his word and the two of them worked out the new show on Amazon or Netflix or whatever.  I won't be able to see it, so someone please take one for the team and report back to us.  I hope it is successful

I also believe Tim had a contract that would not let him go until he did.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, staphdude said:

He is way too much a caricature and can begone from my screen immediately.

Frankie’s was,imo a pity save. Cavanaugh was unpleasant but Frankie has no design sense and isn’t technically proficient. Rather a bitchy contestant than one that is incompetent.

Regarding the elimination.....pity save or not, I did not think Cavanaugh's outfit was all that great, and could have been better with the jacket.   Not only did she mess up with the cutting, but basically lied about it by saying she ran out of time.  If Frankie is a no talent, it will become rectified.   I would rather not have such a snotty contestant every week and have to mute her excuses.  I am enjoying the new season and looking forward to some interesting challenges.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bucket said:

I also believe Tim had a contract that would not let him go until he did.  

He probably did have a contract.   I believe that  he was ready to go  for a variety of reasons for a long time and was in a difficult position.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, staphdude said:

...Or one who's a messy drama whore. Falling to her knees on the runway? Really? Get it together, lady.

• Love 6

I'm glad Cavanagh is gone. I couldn't believe she was acting high and mighty when she had her model sewing. And yes, I was already done with her after her twin bed and fabric prima donna comments, but the attitude made me so glad she was gone. I like how her departing comments don't make you miss her at all. I guess she's hoping people don't realize she lied to the judges completely on the runway about what happened to her jacket. Someone like her can easily ruin a season's good vibe, so I'm not hung up on the reasoning, I'm just glad we won't have to see her past this.

I thought I liked Nadine okay, but I don't care how bad Frankie's look was, that she felt the need to loudly whisper while sitting directly behind Frankie on the runway for no one else to worry, that's the losing look was a step over the line. And then she was one of the ones who went over and hugged her when she was safe. It'll be hard for her to recover with me after that. It was so completely unnecessary and she might be more two-faced than you'd think her to be.

I'm not sure of the talent of some of these overconfident designers. I felt ho hum on plenty of the looks at the beginning they may have spent weeks executing. So I wasn't nearly as impressed with them as they were with themselves.

Karlie felt like dead weight. But otherwise, I enjoyed the panel.

Christian was a welcome surprise, he didn't make it about himself at all and wasn't over the top and I appreciated that for the premiere.

• Love 5

I watched again last night and Frankie's dress for the opening runway was really pretty nice. I'm glad she was saved. If she can't keep up she'll be gone soon enough. For now I'll just stick with my initial impression, that she was simply too ambitious, combined with lacking in focus, for the first challenge. 

I'm really interested in Tessa. Her father's a miller, her mother's a potter? So, hippie parents? I like her style and I'm looking forward to seeing more from her. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I watched again last night and Frankie's dress for the opening runway was really pretty nice. I'm glad she was saved. If she can't keep up she'll be gone soon enough. For now I'll just stick with my initial impression, that she was simply too ambitious, combined with lacking in focus, for the first challenge. 

I'm really interested in Tessa. Her father's a miller, her mother's a potter? So, hippie parents? I like her style and I'm looking forward to seeing more from her. 

Tessa has potential, I  guess, but I hated that outfit......And of course it was a winner, so what the heck do I know

• Love 1
On 3/17/2019 at 4:34 PM, auntlada said:

What I didn't like (other than Cavanagh) was the apparent lack of proper undergarments. I know many of the tops wouldn't have allowed for bras, but something could have been done to cover the nipples at least. And many of the designs would have looked much better on the plus-sized models if they'd had the right foundation garments. (I feel like Truvy and Clairee in "Steel Magnolias.")

This is one of my biggest pet peeves of PR.  So many designs simply don't allow for a bra, and the looks are highly dependent on the lack of bra because they are so bare.  In the real world, women wear bras when they leave the house 95% of the time.  If they can't design clothes so women can wear bras with them, they won't be selling many clothes.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I am new to PR and hope that in future episodes that they show us less talking heads and more of the sewing. Also since I am new to the show and just coming off of Top Chef please tell me there is not a Last Chance Sewing (Last Chance Kitchen)?  When they are gone they are gone, right?

There were a few seasons where they had a "Tim Gunn Save" where Tim had the power to bring back someone if he thought the elimination was unfair, etc. But since there's no Tim Gunn on the show, no Tim Gunn Save. Unless they do something similar. But other than that, no.

Oh once in a while, the show will decide they love a contestant and bring her back multiple seasons even though she's not that great. Not naming names or anything. Kate.

Edited by Steph Sometimes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/16/2019 at 11:30 PM, oceanview said:

That is true about Under the Gunn.   I liked Tim from day 1, but as time went on he was disgusted with the  choices of winners, and justified in some cases, IMO.   I found him to be generally courteous and encouraging.   The last few years some of his "mentoring" was questionable.  I think Christian is going to do a good job...   He is amazingly talented, but was a bit of a pain in the neck on his season, youth being what it is.  I was pleased to see him give some great advice.  I hope it continues. 

Tim did not say much negatively in public,  for a long time after the viewers were pretty disappointed with some of the winners, as I recall.  There was one hour long radio interview by some young woman in New York, who presented another side of Tim's life and I enjoyed it immensely.  Wish I could think of her name.  I bet you could Goggle it....  it explained a lot about his personality and background.  He is a bit of a fuss budget and rigid in his routine, to say the least, but I always liked him and Heidi adores him.

Second this. I had the chance to meet Tim -- everything you saw on Project Runway -- his concern for the designers, his commitment and concern, and his emotions -- all the same in person. I've met a few celebs and he is the ONLY one that I felt was genuine in who he is.

Who he is on camera is who he is in person. I do know he got frustrated with the show when they started trying to amp up the drama -- at the meet and greet I met him, he said the whole Gretchen/Mondo fiasco was an issue for him -- because he has such high integrity, he didn't flat-out say that it was drama/controversy producer shenangians at play but he certainly implied it and he suggested that type of behavior went against his whole reason for doing the show in the first place -- and it seemed like things just kept going downhill in terms of the show and designer quality from then. I did meet him pre "under the gunn" but I am willing to bet THAT was also an act, and likely why it was so horrible and fans were so unhappy --  because he wasn't being authentically Tim Gunn. 

When I met him, he was very straightforward and honest that he thinks the world of Christian -- Tim said he is one of the, if not THE, most talented designer that ever came from the show, and is truly happy for his success.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that Tim and Christian had multiple conversations about Christian following in his footsteps as mentor. Again, this is solely my opinion, but I would also be surprised if Christian would have agreed to do the show without Tim's blessing. 

I am a Tim Gunn fan for life. When I think of him, "genuine" was always the first word that came to mind when I watched the show, and it was reinforced in stone when I met him. 

RE: Frankie -- I'm cutting her slack on the crying -- it sounds like the whole boyfriend of nine years situation happened almost immediately before Project Runway, so she's dealing with a lot of personal emotion processing all of that and then adding the stress of doing Project Runway on top of it? That takes a lot of inner strength, so if she needs to cry to carry on, I will be first in line with the box of tissues. 

I also really liked Kovid -- during the first look, he put me off, but watching the full episode and finding out what he and his boyfriend went through in India simply for being gay, his childlike happiness and excitement over his model won my heart. It would be so easy to become angry and bitter given how he had been treated but he is embracing everything around him so positively. And he called Christian, "Mr. Siriano." I LOVED that. 

Admittedly, it has only been one episode, but right now, I'm Team Frankie and Kovid to stick around. 

I will also be through the roof happy if they keep the drama at a minimum -- competitive shows that focus on true talent -- like Project Runway and Top Chef -- are at their best, and the most worth watching, when they focus on the talent and the competitors recognizing each other's talent and supporting each other, not trying to win by playing games or being nasty or pompous assholes (bye Cavanaugh!)

Last season's Top Chef was a great example of that -- it was one of the best seasons I can remember (the Flamm/Bears/Fati (RIP) season, not the one that just ended. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 16

Speaking of the Tim Gunn Save the end of this episode basically was one. Maybe a tip of the cap to Tim even. I could just hear him saying 'Frankie, you're not going anywhere, I'm using my Tim Gunn Save.'

I liked the "fresh" re-start and I hope they continue to make the best of it. It seemed so different in tone/feel from the endless retread years that I was encouraged.

I loved that they weren't living in what were basically hotel rooms but in a more communal space, even if it wasn't up to Cavanaugh's vaunted standards.

I like the different dynamic of the dramatic workroom, not a bunch of white tables in a sterile room with asbestos tiles...

So, I have some hope with this season but hopefully it won't all be makeup on a pig in the long run.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

It's weird to me that they are selling the outfit for less than what the fabric cost on the show.

Thanks for that link - I was pleasantly surprised to see the pants come in sizes all the way to 5X. As a plus size woman, it's frustrating to not be able to find trendy clothes in larger than a 10-12. I will be curious to see if subsequent outfits will be released in larger sizes. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I also really liked Kovid -- during the first look, he put me off, but watching the full episode and finding out what he and his boyfriend went through in India simply for being gay, his childlike happiness and excitement over his model won my heart. It would be so easy to become angry and bitter given how he had been treated but he is embracing everything around him so positively. And he called Christian, "Mr. Siriano." I LOVED that. 

100% agree!

• Love 2

I guess they really don't count PRAS as part of the PR family if they say that Mimi is the first transgender model on the show. Didn't we JUST see a PRAS show about 3 weeks ago (and filmed 2 years ago) that featured more than one transgender model? 

Mimi's accent sounded Thai and I was glad to find out that she was. Transgender models have long been popular in Thailand. In the early '80s, the leading swimwear model, Ma, was transgender. There's long been an acceptance of a "third gender".

Cavanaugh's entitlement reminded me of the twins. Glad to see her gone.

• Love 6
On 3/18/2019 at 8:29 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

It's weird to me that they are selling the outfit for less than what the fabric cost on the show.

I assume that what they're "paying" at Mood is based on the retail prices, while manufacturers buy their fabric and notions at wholesale prices, and maybe for even less if the price is based on volume.  (Caveat:  I know nothing about clothing manufacturing.) 

I have a robe I love that's beyond repair, so I'm looking at replacing it and thought I could take it apart and use it as a pattern.  The fabric for it--a plain cotton that isn't even what I really want--at a place like Joann will be about $25 or so, which I can buy a new robe for in the store.

I am new to PR and hope that in future episodes that they show us less talking heads and more of the sewing.

Sorry, but they're not big on showing the sewing.  Or anything more than a quick shot of some fabric running under the presser foot.  I'd like to see more of the actual construction, too. 

On 3/18/2019 at 9:11 PM, Steph Sometimes said:

There were a few seasons where they had a "Tim Gunn Save" where Tim had the power to bring back someone if he thought the elimination was unfair, etc. But since there's no Tim Gunn on the show, no Tim Gunn Save. Unless they do something similar. But other than that, no.

This isn't the same as having someone come back, but they've had situations where they just couldn't decide who to eliminate and they have a sew-off, where they each make something in like 30 minutes or an hour, maybe out of the scraps left over from another contestant's garment.

• Love 3
On 3/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, SailorGirl said:

Second this. I had the chance to meet Tim -- everything you saw on Project Runway -- his concern for the designers, his commitment and concern, and his emotions -- all the same in person. I've met a few celebs and he is the ONLY one that I felt was genuine in who he is.

Who he is on camera is who he is in person. I do know he got frustrated with the show when they started trying to amp up the drama -- at the meet and greet I met him, he said the whole Gretchen/Mondo fiasco was an issue for him -- because he has such high integrity, he didn't flat-out say that it was drama/controversy producer shenangians at play but he certainly implied it and he suggested that type of behavior went against his whole reason for doing the show in the first place -- and it seemed like things just kept going downhill in terms of the show and designer quality from then. I did meet him pre "under the gunn" but I am willing to bet THAT was also an act, and likely why it was so horrible and fans were so unhappy --  because he wasn't being authentically Tim Gunn. 

When I met him, he was very straightforward and honest that he thinks the world of Christian -- Tim said he is one of the, if not THE, most talented designer that ever came from the show, and is truly happy for his success.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that Tim and Christian had multiple conversations about Christian following in his footsteps as mentor. Again, this is solely my opinion, but I would also be surprised if Christian would have agreed to do the show without Tim's blessing. 

I am a Tim Gunn fan for life. When I think of him, "genuine" was always the first word that came to mind when I watched the show, and it was reinforced in stone when I met him. 

RE: Frankie -- I'm cutting her slack on the crying -- it sounds like the whole boyfriend of nine years situation happened almost immediately before Project Runway, so she's dealing with a lot of personal emotion processing all of that and then adding the stress of doing Project Runway on top of it? That takes a lot of inner strength, so if she needs to cry to carry on, I will be first in line with the box of tissues. 

Admittedly, it has only been one episode, but right now, I'm Team Frankie and Kovid to stick around. 

I will also be through the roof happy if they keep the drama at a minimum -- competitive shows that focus on true talent -- like Project Runway and Top Chef -- are at their best, and the most worth watching, when they focus on the talent and the competitors recognizing each other's talent and supporting each other, not trying to win by playing games or being nasty or pompous assholes (bye Cavanaugh!)

Last season's Top Chef was a great example of that -- it was one of the best seasons I can remember (the Flamm/Bears/Fati (RIP) season, not the one that just ended. 

Loved your comments.  Really bolstered my already adoring  opinion of Tim.  He is like a reserved "everyone's favorite Uncle".   Lucky you to have met him, and even luckier to have him be his true self.  Thanks for commenting.  Hoping this is a great season.  We loyal fans deserve it

• Love 4
On 3/18/2019 at 11:11 PM, Steph Sometimes said:

Oh once in a while, the show will decide they love a contestant and bring her back multiple seasons even though she's not that great. Not naming names or anything. Kate.

I felt the same way about Daniel, I believe,  was his  name.  He was like a cockroach.  Just would not go away.  I believe  he made a dress out of what looked like, or was , brownish paper you wrap meat in at the butcher or something.   He was also on another planet

16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@SailorGirl, I cosign every word of your post. Come on over to the "I will always love Tim Gunn" couch and sit with me! I have cucumber sandwiches, petit fours, and tea. (and vodka and snacks stashed behind the couch)!

Okay if I join you also....PLEASE

• Love 4

Great British Sewing Bee

On 3/18/2019 at 6:35 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Where can I find this?

There's a forum for it here! Unfortunately, it's one of the shows that was reduced to a single thread and we're near the end of S5 so if you venture into the thread, know that there is discussion of seasons 2-5.

8 hours ago, oceanview said:

I felt the same way about Daniel, I believe,  was his  name.  He was like a cockroach.  Just would not go away.  I believe  he made a dress out of what looked like, or was , brownish paper you wrap meat in at the butcher or something.   He was also on another planet

Daniel Franco! ("That looks like its made from butcher paper" Daniel: "it is butcher paper. That can't be helped").  Why they kept bringing him back I'll never know. Ditto Amanda Valentine, who bored me to sobs. There were many more compelling people who were auf'd early that the fans would have enjoyed more. Malan Breton from season 3 was always my secret hope, I just loved him. Carmen Webber, (didn't she originate "cry and cut!"?) or Becky Ross, who was bullied and tormented by that asshole Orange Josh. I always thought that she should get another chance.

8 hours ago, oceanview said:

Okay if I join you also....PLEASE

The more the merrier!

• Love 3
On 3/15/2019 at 7:36 PM, Ashforth said:

'm hoping that the return to Bravo and what seem so far to be higher production values signal the end (or at least the reduction) of the dreaded "unconventional materials" challenges. Except for Austin Scarlett's amazing cornhusk dress in Season One, I have never liked them, and the past few dismal Lifetime seasons, it seemed that every other episode they dragged the designers to one location or another to pick through garbage for materials.

I’ll have to disagree, I found the unconventional fun because it showed me how a creative mind can really work.  I have zero creativity myself so it’s always kind of mind blowing for me to see what they can make out of nothing.  And I would wear Dmitry’s candy dress if I could!  Or maybe Ven’s. I would miss this challenge If they discontinued it 

B86F3FEB-22CC-44DD-99B2-C4986225CC3A.jpeg

CC1D34D7-9A61-426E-8B98-3C4AA78493BE.jpeg

• Love 11
On 3/14/2019 at 11:30 PM, Cotypubby said:

Even though Frankie had the worst look, I’m perfectly happy seeing Cavanaugh get the first boot. She’s the epitome of spoiled rich brat who has had everything handed to her. I mean, having to sleep on a twin bed like a plebe!? Oh the humanity! 

Renee should have won, I want that outfit!

Unless I'm wrong, I think that bed was a Full, not a Twin.  Was happy to have her go too.  No matter what she got, she would find a way to complain about it for the rest of the season.  Beds, budgets, all of it.

I didn't care for the reboot.  I was reading a book for most of it.  I'll tape it on TiVo and FF through to the runway show.

Karlie, Christian as Mentor, the new judges... all I can say is that none of them bugged me (which is a lot more than I can say for All Stars.  I gave up on that a long time ago).

Did Nina have work done on her face?  Perhaps her teeth?  Whatever 8t was it did not look good.  She would have been better off changing that hair that has rema8ned the same for 20 years.

11 minutes ago, PumpkinPK said:

Unless I'm wrong, I think that bed was a Full, not a Twin.  Was happy to have her go too.  No matter what she got, she would find a way to complain about it for the rest of the season.  Beds, budgets, all of it.

from what I recall, she took a larger bed (that you saw) and her comment was more how awful it would be if she ended up on one of the twins.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Nope, Zulema famously said that to Kara in S2. Carmen was on S4. 

Of course, thanks! (smacking self). How could I forget weepy Kara?

11 minutes ago, PumpkinPK said:

Yes, Cavanagh ran into the room and snagged the larger bed, making her roomie take the twin. No discussion, no "let's toss a coin for it". Just "this is my bed". From that moment on she was dead to me. Who does that?

• Love 5
On 3/18/2019 at 9:29 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

I

Can anyone see what fabric the item for sale is?  I didn't see it listed.  I'm curious if they are selling a yucky poly or rayon version.

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, Cavanagh ran into the room and snagged the larger bed, making her roomie take the twin. No discussion, no "let's toss a coin for it". Just "this is my bed". From that moment on she was dead to me. Who does that?

The only person I can think of is Ramona, and I don't need any more of her uncouth behavior from Bravo.  It is not entertaining.

• Love 1
On 3/16/2019 at 10:20 PM, meowmommy said:

I honestly don't blame her for that.  She's the one who's being aufed, and therefore really the only one who has a right to cry on the runway, but Frankie makes it all about herself.  

Totally agree.  Like her or not, Cavanagh just had her PR dream ended, on the first challenge no less, and had the right to be upset, yet Frankie is on her knees bawling hysterically and sucking up all the air out of the moment.  She should have thanked the judges and given some brief consolation to Cavanagh and saved her breakdown for the back room.  I am very sympathetic to her personal story but this was ridiculous.  And rude as hell. 

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

When she did that (clearly claiming the entire bed for herself), I wondered if the full-size beds were intended for two people.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, auntlada said:

When she did that (clearly claiming the entire bed for herself), I wondered if the full-size beds were intended for two people.

Gawd, I hope not! Can you imagine, having to share a room with strangers, then finding out you had to share a bed? I could see the show in its Lifetime iteration trying to stir the pot with shenanigans like that, but I hope this one maintains a better "taste level". I'm sure there are a few doubles and a few singles because seeing how people opt to deal with parceling them out gives production a clue about the group dynamics. But if I was expected to share a double bed with a total stranger...yeah, no. I'd be on the couch, thanks.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Daniel Franco! ("That looks like its made from butcher paper" Daniel: "it is butcher paper. That can't be helped").  Why they kept bringing him back I'll never know. Ditto Amanda Valentine, who bored me to sobs. There were many more compelling people who were auf'd early that the fans would have enjoyed more. Malan Breton from season 3 was always my secret hope, I just loved him. Carmen Webber, (didn't she originate "cry and cut!"?) or Becky Ross, who was bullied and tormented by that asshole Orange Josh. I always thought that she should get another chance.

The more the merrier!

Oh, you are brilliant.  I was thinking Daniel's last name started with a K so I was wracking my brain.  I felt badly about Malan also because he seemed like such a gentleman and it was his choice of fabric and color that did him in.  As I recall, he never got any family support either, which is sad.   He showed them.  Went off to become quite well know in the fashion world.  Not a super star, but requested by many wellknown celebrities as I recall.  OMG, Josh.....what a nasty piece of work he was.  Could not go home fast enough for me.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Neveragain said:

I’ll have to disagree, I found the unconventional fun because it showed me how a creative mind can really work.  I have zero creativity myself so it’s always kind of mind blowing for me to see what they can make out of nothing.  And I would wear Dmitry’s candy dress if I could!  Or maybe Ven’s. I would miss this challenge If they discontinued it 

B86F3FEB-22CC-44DD-99B2-C4986225CC3A.jpeg

CC1D34D7-9A61-426E-8B98-3C4AA78493BE.jpeg

There's room for all opinions! (just not for sharing beds LOL) Your choices show why the unconventional materials challenges need not be awful. 😁

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

They are not showing enough of the clothes!!!!!!!!! My favorite part is seeing the finished product and they are cutting away just as the models turn around.  Some of the best designs are in the back.  This really sucks.  And some of the models are schlumpy messes and make the clothes look terrible.  I’m disappointed.  

• Love 6

I just caught the end of the rerun of this episode and was struck again at the huge, happy reaction from the designers when they found out that Frankie was staying. I can't help but think that it was not only about how much they like Frankie, but how much they didn't like Cavanaugh. Who, by the way, made a comment about being glad that she could now wash her hair. WTH? And of course another gripe about the beds and pillows. It must be agony to be so special.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ashforth said:

I just caught the end of the rerun of this episode and was struck again at the huge, happy reaction from the designers when they found out that Frankie was staying. I can't help but think that it was not only about how much they like Frankie, but how much they didn't like Cavanaugh. Who, by the way, made a comment about being glad that she could now wash her hair. WTH? And of course another gripe about the beds and pillows. It must be agony to be so special.

I didn’t realize Cavanaugh was on Project Sweatshop. 

• LOL 3
17 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I forgot that I was going to comment on that as well. Does her hair take too long to dry because it's so long, and with sharing the bathroom, she doesn't get enough bathroom time? But it's not winter, is it? Because I haven't dried my hair (other than a brisk toweling after I get out of the shower) for decades. I do live in SoCal, but when my hair was long and wet, I'd just twist into a bun. Easy peasy. Way better than going around with icky dirty hair.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, SailorGirl said:

I am now and mostly always have been a Tim Gunn fan, except for Under the Gunn, which I will believe was some weird alternate universe happening and won't hold against Tim. I have always been a Christian Siriano fan, so I can be okay with substituting Christian for Tim, although I'l miss Tim.  Not feeling quite as accepting of the not-Heidi, though.  I'm old and don't adapt all that well to change anymore!  I guess we'll see how it goes.  

Overall already liking the switch back to Bravo, though.  Lifetime or Bunim/Murray or Weinstein or whoever just ran PR into the ground and killed what made it engaging, as witness current PR All Stars season.  Awful.  And yet I watched it, so....see comment about not adapting to change.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, carrps said:

I forgot that I was going to comment on that as well. Does her hair take too long to dry because it's so long, and with sharing the bathroom, she doesn't get enough bathroom time? But it's not winter, is it? Because I haven't dried my hair (other than a brisk toweling after I get out of the shower) for decades. I do live in SoCal, but when my hair was long and wet, I'd just twist into a bun. Easy peasy. Way better than going around with icky dirty hair.

I figured that the show didn't provide enough Evian for her to lather, rinse, and repeat.

• LOL 7
On 3/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, QuantumMechanic said:

I know I'm a horrible person, but while we were watching my wife turned to me and said "His accent reminds me of something."  I immediately replied "King Julian" as that had come to me several minutes before.  She said "Oh my god!  That's exactly it!"

My son was watching with me and he said the same thing!

On 3/14/2019 at 5:20 PM, chitowngirl said:

15 minutes in and it’s already better than All-Stars.

JC Penney commercial on Bravo’s Project Runway after the fiasco on Lifetime All Stars? Priceless.

Was there a fiasco I missed?

1 hour ago, marinite said:

Was there a fiasco I missed?

The fiasco was that JC Penney was supposed to produce and sell the winning look each week. Something happened in the 2 years since All-Stars was filmed and that never happened. It could have easily been edited out, but it was mentioned every week with the chyron “previously recorded”  up on the screen, like we thought it was airing live!

(edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, little black cloud said:

...Or one who's a messy drama whore. Falling to her knees on the runway? Really? Get it together, lady.

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. I'm a caring person, really, but shit like that just makes me roll my eyes. Good lord, have some dignity!

Edited by Gothish520
Spelling
  • Love 1