Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Training Day

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

Despite the rather pat resolution to the Team Arrow-SCPD conflict, with Team Arrow becoming a sanctioned 'black ops' unit of the SCPD, I liked this episode overall...

However, I do have to wonder if Oliver's deal with the Monitor was a factor in his rush to make Star City safer. I also wonder if he has yet told Felicity about that deal, because it certainly doesn't sound like he has. Please don't regress back to S4 Oliver, Oliver!

I loved the Oliver, Felicity and Diggle scenes, especially Diggle's words of wisdom, truth tea, sage advice or whatever. But I did find most of the Olicity scenes really heartbreaking, since we know what's going to happen to their family in the future.

Rene had some of the best one-liners in this episode. I didn't even find Dinah as annoying as in past episodes.

However, has Dinah and everybody else completely forgotten that original Laurel was Black Canary without a metahuman Canary Cry? She used a sonic collar. And Sara, the original Canary, used a sonic device. So why doesn't Dinah just use a sonic collar or a sonic device? Stop boo-hooing.

What a surprise (not) - Emiko had something to do with Diaz's death. It's like S3 all over again (when Malcolm brainwashed Thea into killing Sara for him) with a father figure getting Oliver's sister to kill for him. This time, I bet that Dante ordered Emiko to kill Diaz.

Little Connor is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen on TV. I would've loved one scene with him and Baby Sara. But alas!

Just speculating - Felicity: "I was able to alter my security system algorithm to track DNA anywhere in Star City." If in the future, the Big Bad or SCPD or whoever got a hold of Felicity's altered algorithm and wanted to track Oliver, they have his DNA because he's a convicted felon, so they would be able to track him anywhere in Star City. That might be a reason for him to fake his death, so they stop tracking him. If they can also track the DNA of his children, then that might be a reason to keep Mia's birth and identity a secret. However, I would think that Felicity would've erased all Queen DNA from all relevant databases. I just can't make sense of the flashforwards.

That also makes me wonder - are Oliver & Felicity going to pretend to break up and divorce at the end of this season in order to fake their separation? Then Felicity leaves Star City to give birth but returns later to run Smoak Tech? Otherwise, how else will Felicity be able to convince everyone that Mia is not Oliver's daughter?

William and Mia have a very believable (new) sibling relationship in the flashforwards.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Heartbreaking 😭 ...

Arrow - Oliver and Felicity 7x15 Scenes Part 6 (choosing their baby's name "for a girl...Mia")

(olicity source)

#Arrow - William and Mia 7x15 Flashforwards Scenes Part 2 - Felicity's message

(olicity source)

Edited by tv echo

So how did Emiko know Laurel was Black Siren? Did Diaz tell them or did BS work with Dante? IDK. 

I know Emiko is gonna switch sides because she’ll realize her brother loves her so much 🙄 but I’m so sick of watching people screw him over, especially family. Le sigh. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I laughed when someone (I think Dinah?) said how great is was for everyone to be back, because that is technically not true since Curtis isn't there, but I guess they all forgot about him.  Or they're just pretending like he doesn't exist anymore.

I also found it a bit disingenuous because she never showed any inkling that she or any of the NTA ever wanted to be back in the bunker.  It makes their hissy fit last year even worse if now it's like they don't even remember any of it.  

10 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I loved all of the Olicity moments but I'm finding that I can't enjoy them as much as I want to because of the flashforwards. It's taking the shine off. And even though I really like Mia and William together, I really hate the future. So I'm just not really feeling this as much as I probably would. Also it very much feels like they're scrambling to fit in all the key moments like baby name choosing because we're running out of time and IDK, I don't get a good feeling about that and where things are heading.

I'd love to know whose idea the SCPD storyline was because that was awful. I want to hope it's over but clearly something happens because in the future the SCPD are out for Vigilante blood so IDK. I feel like it's not quite as wrapped up as they're making us believe here. 

Yeah, I have some thoughts about where this season is going to end which I don't want to speak into existence.  So I'm trying to live in the moment and enjoy the bounty for now.  

When it comes to the SCPD storyline, I can't help but think they could have skipped over so much of this nonsense and have gone right to the part where they are a separate team sanctioned by the police.  Or heck, the Feds if Argus wasn't interested.   Making Oliver and then later the team part of the system is silly enough.  Why not go right to the best worst solution rather than try to pretend any of it really is logical?   

9 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

This crazy, post-apocalyptic(ish?) future Star City is getting dumber all the time. Now the only place anyone can acquire a mini-cassette tape player is some dirty black market backwater populated with conniving gangs who employ pickpockets to "re-acquire" cheap gadgets so they can sell them back for a few hundred bucks a pop? No vintage stores or ebay or secondhand electronics shops left in town (much less in nearby municipalities)? Oy.

I'm getting increasingly convinced these dumb "flash forwards" are an alternate future Earth. Or maybe the remnants of pre-Flashpoint Earth One. Dammit Barry!!

My theory on the marketplace was they wanted the player NOW and it was the only place in Star City that would have it.  

I'd kind of forgotten about the possibility that we aren't seeing OUR E1 people in the FF's.  Or was that eliminated by Beth?  I know she said they are the fixed future but I'm willing to let her handwave that away if need be by the crisis to rewrite what would have otherwise be a fixed future.  Those loop holes are there for good reasons.  

3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Mia and William are fun to watch although I think McNamara is overdoing the tough girl schtick. Still won't be interested in a spinoff, though. I can't wait for next week with the Olicity birth but I kinda dread seeing old Felicity. 

No kidding.  I cracked up when people were sending pics of Donna Smoak to the Arrow accounts to remind them how well Smoak women age.  

I did notice during the tape recording tha older Felicity's voice sounded just a little bit deeper.  Which was a detail that impressed me.  I noticed it during the promo as well.  Though I suppose instead of an acting choice, she might have just had a touch of a cold.  😉 

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

However, I do have to wonder if Oliver's deal with the Monitor was a factor in his rush to make Star City safer. I also wonder if he has yet told Felicity about that deal, because it certainly doesn't sound like he has. Please don't regress back to S4 Oliver, Oliver!

He's probably convinced himself it might not happen for decades or longer.  Or that maybe it was just a test in itself to make the offer.  Plus, this is one time when I think it's ok not to say anything.  There is zero she could do to change it and it really was at that time the only way to save the world.  I would understand if he chose not to burden her with an unknown worry they can't do anything that could take over their lives when all Oliver probably really wants is to live their life together to the fullest he can.  

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

However, has Dinah and everybody else completely forgotten that original Laurel was Black Canary without a metahuman Canary Cry? She used a sonic collar. And Sara, the original Canary, used a sonic device. So why doesn't Dinah just use a sonic collar or a sonic device? Stop boo-hooing.

The meta reason is probably to save money on the effects but I'm happy to go with they just don't like how it hurts their ears.  

• Love 1

I knew Lucas had to have some special meaning.  They writers have been very careful to give things Felicity chooses a lot of thought.  Like her password including Oliver's middle name and other goodies.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Does anyone want Lucas in a fixed future timeline as well?

Absolutely! I’m taking it as a given. 

ETA: There are a lot of people in this fandom who should work in intelligence agencies. They notice everything!

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 7

Pretty meh episode.

The highlight was definitely Laurel and Bronze Tiger.

I find it quite baffling that Felicity would want to name her daughter after someone she pretty much despised. Then again, anything remotely to do with the flash forwards has been written pretty badly.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I find it quite baffling that Felicity would want to name her daughter after someone she pretty much despised. 

She's besties this season with someone who was trying to kill her and everyone she knows last season. Clearly, she has the capacity to handwave people's personal foibles.

• Love 5

And, as much as I don't love it either, at the end of the day Moira was Oliver's mother who was violently murdered before his eyes in a situation I'm sure he still somewhat blames himself for. I can see Felicity setting aside her feelings about Moira for his sake and naming her daughter in a way that honors her but isn't actually calling/naming her child Moira Queen. I'm also not sure Felicity and Moira ever truly knew each other, everything Felicity knew about Moira was filtered through having spent months investigating her for Walter and then Oliver and Moira simply saw Felicity as someone standing against her but so much of what drives/drove both of them was love for Oliver and a willingness to go to the mat for him that I think they could have found a middle ground by now. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Quark said:

I find it quite baffling that Felicity would want to name her daughter after someone she pretty much despised. Then again, anything remotely to do with the flash forwards has been written pretty badly.

taking to the relationship thread.  

10 hours ago, tv echo said:

Oliver: "And regardless of whether we have a boy or a girl, I just want to make sure that she or he ends up growing up in a better and safer Star City than I did."

I'm a little confused by this ... Star City wasn't shitty when Oliver was growing up, was it? I mean, the Glades always was but not the whole city. Or am I misremembering?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm a little confused by this ... Star City wasn't shitty when Oliver was growing up, was it? I mean, the Glades always was but not the whole city. Or am I misremembering?

I don't really get it either, wasn't part of his mayoral campaign returning it to the city he remembered from childhood? I mean, all things considered, there was probably always a cesspool under the surface but it's always been implied Starling City was, outwardly at least, a fairly pleasant, safe place until Malcolm went bonkers. I agree The Glades were never great but otherwise, it was fine. 

Also, Oliver, you've been trying to make SC a safer, better place for at least six years and all you've really gotten for it is blamed and kicked in the teeth. If you want a better place for your children, take them and get out of Dodge! Go to back Ivy Town, your neighbors are really annoying but it's the only place you or your wife have lived in seven years to not be invaded by gun/weapon-toting maniacs.

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oliver: "And regardless of whether we have a boy or a girl, I just want to make sure that she or he ends up growing up in a better and safer Star City than I did."

I put an odd spin on it but one that kind of fits I think.  I like to think Oliver maybe unconsciously sees himself having only truly grown up after he came back to Starling City and started fighting the underbelly.  That he matured into that man he is now in spite of how unsafe Star City became. 

I think also it could be reasoned that he looked back and saw how long ago the seeds of Starling City's destruction were planted.  Tommy's mom was killed with they were little boys. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

Hey, you remember how Oliver has been working perfectly happily within the confines of the SCPD for months now?

No?

Neither did the writers of this episode. 

But I think until the rest of the team was involved, he was largely allowed to act as he always had, just as part of the SCPD whereas here they were basically being forced to be regular officers. Why the bitchy mayor, whose major issue seems to be Oliver himself, would have allowed the former for so long is another story and doesn't make much sense but what power the SC mayor has at any given time seems to vary.

2 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

But I think until the rest of the team was involved, he was largely allowed to act as he always had, just as part of the SCPD whereas here they were basically being forced to be regular officers. Why the bitchy mayor, whose major issue seems to be Oliver himself, would have allowed the former for so long is another story and doesn't make much sense but what power the SC mayor has at any given time seems to vary.

For me it's just a case of the writers creating conflict when there is none to fill an episode. Frankly, there was no need for any of this and they could have just skipped to the formation of the unit. 

Apropos of nothing, though, is anyone keeping an episode by episode list of exactly which people, places and things Dinah seems to want to have sex with every time she delivers a line?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Mostly I ignored Dinah, but there was one thing she said that pissed me off. She was talking to Rene about how the Team wasn’t understanding her position and she could lose her job. All upset about it. It immediately made me mad cause there was that whole season Dinah didn’t give a damn about Oliver, Felicity or Diggle. She couldn’t show them an once of respect. 

I know the situations are completely different but It reminded me that NTA will never work for me.

• Love 15
49 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

In a better timeline, there's no way those two stop at 2 kids. 😁

Hell no they wouldn't stop there😄. Oliver would be like " Baby let's see about getting a boy". I would love a fixed FF where we would have William Mia and Lucas!

• Love 1

I know everyone reading has most likely seen the rest of the season already since I watch when it hits Netflix, but I just have to say I am SO upset at the confirmation (?) that Bronze Tiger is either dead or for whatever reason gave up his rights to his son so that Diggle could later adopt him.  I'm a sucker for an "honorable villain" so I really love BT.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Would t help to know

Reveal spoiler

he was alive through the end of the season?

Maybe.  I don't trust this show to do right by anybody, so we'll see.  LOL

6 hours ago, Featherhat said:

It's kind of delightful for me that BT had one of the best and unexpected character arcs this season. It obviously helps MJW is a charismatic actor.

He really is.  He makes you want to root for him even when he's doing terrible things.

715 (Training Day) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

715 (Training Day) – Oliver, Felicity, Diggle and Rene have to undergo a day of police training at the S.C.P.D. station:
(Oliver, Felicity, Diggle and Rene are all wearing dark blue S.C.P.D. tee shirts and sitting with new police recruits at the police station. Dinah stands next to Sergeant Bingsley, as he addresses them.)
Sgt. Bingsley: "Becoming part of the S.C.P.D. is a great responsibility. The whole city will be watching you, holding you to the highest standard. And now that you're working with us, you need to learn how we do things. We have rules, protocol, and abiding by them is critical. The use of excessive force will not be tolerated. (Cut to scene of Oliver sparring with a young recruit, while the other recruits watch.) Your objective is to defuse the situation, not escalate it. (Oliver takes down the young recruit quickly) Firearms should only be used as a last resort. (Cut to scene of Rene loading his gun much quicker than another recruit) Do not discharge your weapon unless you are fired upon, or your life is in danger. All evidence against a suspect must be gathered within the parameters of the law. (Cut to scene of Felicity with a pained expression on her face as she watches the S.C.P.D. tech gal work the police computers) Any evidence obtained not in that manner will be deemed inadmissible. In tactical situations, avoid suspect-based decisions. This only leads to chaos and confusion. (Cut to an S.C.P.D. officer teaching a class of recruits that includes Diggle, who is caught nodding off)  And above all, follow the orders of the commanding officer on site. Wearing the uniform of an S.C.P.D. officer is an honor. It isn't just a uniform. It's a symbol of the law, of justice, of transparency."
Dinah: "Thank you, Sergeant Bingsley. Any questions? (Rene raises his hand) Rene."
Rene: "He does know we have our own uniforms, right?"

715 (Training Day) – Mayor Pollard warns Team Arrow that their deputized status is on a provisional basis:
Dinah: "Oh hey! How's my favorite new team of recruits doing?"
Rene: "Missing the good old days when catching a bad guy didn't involve homework."
Dinah: "Ah, well, this is uncharted territory, so the S.C.P.D. just wants to make sure we're on the same page. It's a lot, but it'll be worth it. I mean, we can finally work together and on the right side of the law."
Felicity: "Wait. Does that mean that the Black Canary's back?"
Dinah: "Well, I did get a clean bill of health from the doctor. You all are deputized, so no reason I can't be Captain and Black Canary."
Mayor Pollard (entering): "Within the confines of the law, of course."
Dinah: "Of course."
Mayor Pollard: "I want to be clear. Just because you've been deputized doesn't mean you have the latitude to operate the way you once did. You work for the S.C.P.D. now. And this arrangement is on a provisional basis. Your actions will determine how long it lasts."
Oliver (nodding): "Mm-hmm." 
(Mayor Pollard leaves.)
Rene: "I think she's starting to like us."
Felicity (dryly): “Yeah.”

715 (Training Day) – Felicity tells Oliver that she wants to keep her pregnancy a secret for now:
(Oliver and Felicity return home.)
Felicity: "Well, that was a different type of workday for us. Can you believe that Pollard made us go through all that?"
Oliver: "Well, I know we're not used to doing things by the book. Clearly. But this partnership is what's best for the city."
Felicity: "But she's seen what you can do. I mean, she knows what we're capable of."
Oliver: "Just trust me, there's no use arguing with the mayor."
Felicity: "Can -?"
Oliver: "You hungry? You want a tartine, some sauteed broccolini, something like that?"
Felicity: "As much as I appreciate the Master Chef initiative that you got going on here, are you gonna tell me what's going on with you? Because you are 100% agreeable and zen about this whole Police 101 thing."
Oliver: "I want this partnership to be done right and to be legitimate from the beginning for our baby. Because I did not get that chance with William."
Felicity: "This partnership's not going to work if she forgets who she's hired."
Oliver: "The partnership has to work, Felicity, because working with the S.C.P.D. and not hiding in the shadows, I truly believe, that's what's best for the city. Then we can stay here, and our children can grow up safely."
Felicity: "Well, if you believe that this is what's best for the city and what is ultimately best for our family, then I agree. Because we're a team, too."
Oliver: "Always."
(They kiss.)
Felicity: "Except maybe we don't, you know, until the city's safe and our family is really secure, that we don't, you know, tell anybody about what's happening in here. (Touches her stomach) Because I think it's too early, and I don't want anybody crying and asking about, like, if it's a boy -"
Oliver: "For the - for the city."
Felicity: "Yeah, for the city."
Oliver: "And for our family. It's for a better future."
Felicity: "Yay."
(They kiss.)
Felicity: "So about that tartine? I'm starving. I'm also nauseous."

715 (Training Day) – In a flashforward scene, Adult William and Mia venture into the Star City Bazaar, a seedy black market, to find a microcassette player:
Adult William: "Are they all staring at you or me?"
Mia: "Both. You reek of money and, well, I'm undefeated. Don't wander off. Don't talk to anyone. Let me handle this."
Adult William: "You don't even know what we're looking for."
Mia: "Sure I do. It's a tape mini thingy."
Adult William: "A microcassette player. Or an answering machine. Old tech from the 80's. It's the only thing that'll let us listen to the message Felicity left for us."
Mia: "Right. I'm gonna talk to my contact. Look, I know these people. They're lowlifes, criminals, like me. Just stay here and don't do anything."
Adult William: "Wha -?"
(Mia gives him a look and walks off. Adult William looks around and spots a table of old microcassette players and cell phones.)
Adult William: "Bingo."
Felix: "Something catch your eye?"
Adult William: "Uh, yeah. How much for this piece of junk?"
Felix: "Our best microcassette player. It's incredibly rare. I'll give it to you cheap. One thousand."
Adult William: "Cheap? (Scoffs) Look, you and I both know that no one else is interested in this."
Felix: "Except you, it seems. 700."
Adult William: "400."
Felix: "600."
Adult William: "500. Final offer."
Felix: "We have a deal."
(They shake hands. Felix gives Adult William the microcassette player, and Adult William pays him the money.)
Adult William: "Good doing business with you.”

715 (Training Day) – Dinah briefs S.C.P.D. officers and Team Arrow on the recent gang deaths:
Dinah: "Last night, four Los Halcones gang members were found dead in a warehouse."
Rene (looking at the crime scene photo): "Whoa. That's some Face/Off level weirdness right there."
Oliver: "Do we know what caused it?"
S.C.P.D. CSI Gal: "The bodies had bullet wounds, but there were no shells found at the scene. Autopsy revealed traces of an unidentified substance, which caused a chemical reaction with the blood that resulted in tox-"
Felicity (entering): "Their skin melting off."
S.C.P.D. CSI Gal: "The proper term is toxic epidermal necrolysis. But basically, yes."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Diggle: "Okay, how can a bullet just disappear?"
Sgt. Bingsley: "There have been rumors of a new weapon making its rounds on the street."
Dinah: "Toxicology is working up labs now. We should have a better idea of what's going on in the next few hours."
Felicity: "Or I could just put it into my trusty mass spectrometer and then compare it to all the government databases that I've hacked - um, accidentally tapped into. It would just be so much faster."
Dinah: "I'm sure it would, but, um, I think we're just gonna wait to get the results when we get them. In the meantime, let's talk suspects."
Oliver: "The Blackout Gang. Never heard of them."
Dinah: "Right. They came onto the scene about a month or so after you went to prison."
Rene: "They are some bad dudes. And with the vigilantes gone, they've been causing a lot of trouble in the Glades. You know, that place you guys tend to forget."
Sgt. Bingsley: "Los Halcones are their main rival."
Oliver: "So we're looking at a gang war."
Dinah: "It seems that way. All right. I want everybody working their contacts, okay? And I want eyes on the hideouts for both gangs."
Oliver: "You think maybe we should pay a visit to the Los Halcones?"
Dinah: "I don't think so. You heard Pollard. She's looking for any opportunity to disband this partnership. Got to run our leads the S.C.P.D. way."

715 (Training Day) – In a flashforward scene, Adult William loses his microcassette player when his pockets are picked: 
(Young girl bumps into Adult William.)
Girl: "Oh, I'm sorry."
Adult William: "That's okay."
Mia: "I thought I told you to stay put."
Adult William: "If I had, I wouldn't have found this. I know you think I'm just some rich idiot, but I... (Searches his pockets) had it. The cassette player. It was right here."
Mia: "Let me guess. Little girl bumped into you. Seemed cute, innocent. Felix - he played you. You couldn't have just listened to me, could you?"
Adult William: "Wait."
Felix: "Blackstar."
Mia: "Screw you, Felix."
Felix: "You might think twice before you swing that right hook at me. One word from me, and you'll be in S.C.P.D. custody." (Laughs)
Adult William: "No problem, sir. Right, Blackstar? We're just passing through." 
(He takes Mia's arm and drags her away.)

715 (Training Day) – Team Arrow tries to work as part of the S.C.P.D. team on their mission to take down the Blackout Gang:
Dinah (over comms): "Alpha Team's in position. No sign of the seller yet.
Oliver (over comms): "Bravo's in position. Overwatch, do we have eyes, please?"
Felicity (over comms): "Hold on. Pulling up thermal now."
S.C.P.D. Tech Gal: "From satellite? What did I tell you about off-the-books hacking?"
Felicity: "You said no public resources. This is private. Loophole. (Over comms) Yeah, looks like you got incoming. Looks like a vehicle."
Diggle (over comms): "That's our supplier.
Oliver (over comms): "Overwatch, the vehicle's heading south. Can you track it?"
Felicity (over comms): "No, I can't, because this dinosaur of a system just crashed."

715 (Training Day) – Oliver is frustrated at S.C.P.D. methods:
Felicity (entering): "Oh. Sorry. Heh. So I'm sensing some tension here, but I'm just gonna cut right to it because CSIs were able to recover the bullet that went into the officer's armor. Thank God he was wearing that, right? I mean, nobody wears helmets anymore. Anyhoo, I ran a tox screen on it to see why it was making people go all Wicked Witch of the West. (Imitating Wicked Witch) 'I'm melting, I'm melting. Oh, what a world.' -"
Oliver: "Hey, hey. What'd you find?"
Felicity: "Chlormethine is a cytotoxic agent derived from mustard gas."
Diggle: "But that chemical weapon was banned decades ago."
Felicity: "Except when it's used for medicinal purposes, like chemotherapy."
Rene: "Let me guess. All roads lead back to Midas Medical."
Felicity: "It is one of four labs in Star City that still uses chlormethine as an active ingredient. And the buck stops with this guy, James Midas."
Dinah: "I met this guy at an S.C.P.D. fundraiser. He's got deep pockets. It does benefit the S.C.P.D."
Oliver: "Okay, we got to bring him in."
Dinah: "Not until we have proof that he's behind this."
Oliver: "Dinah, he got name dropped at the buy. His company produces the chemical. How much more proof do you need?"
Dinah: "The concrete kind. After what this department went through last year with Diaz, we have all eyes on us. We just need actionable intel. Then we can get a warrant, search his company."
Oliver: "You get a warrant, he's gonna know we're coming, and I know that you know that."
Dinah: "I know that if we don't do things the right way, then everything we've worked for since you got out of prison will be for nothing. Is that a risk you're willing to take?"
(Oliver walks away with Felicity.)
Felicity: "Well, that could've gone better."
Oliver: "All the training, the rules, and now this? We are not gonna be able to make Star City safe if we're constantly being micromanaged by the S.C.P.D."
Felicity: "Well, that was our first time out on the field all together. Maybe it'll get easier."
Oliver: "What if it doesn't get easier? What, then?"
Felicity: "Well, we go after Midas our way."
Oliver: "No, you heard Dinah. We do things their way, or this whole agreement is just gonna blow up."
Felicity: "We just have to prove to the S.C.P.D. that our way is better, and then they will be adapting to our side, instead of the other way around. All they want to do is bring this guy in. We deliver Midas, everybody wins."
Oliver: "Have I told you lately how smart you are?"
Felicity: "Well, I never get tired of hearing it. (Oliver smiles at her) I want mint chip."
(Oliver nods.)

715 (Training Day) – Oliver, with Felicity's help, forces James Midas to confess to making the poison bullets:
Midas (on phone): "We just got our first quarter reports. We're already up 60% from last year. Yeah, I wanted you to hear it from me. See you tomorrow."
(Arrow shoots past him and into the side of his Midas Medical building.)
Oliver: "James Midas, you have failed this city."
Midas: "You have some balls showing up here. You know who I am?"
Oliver: "Chlormethine. You've been weaponizing it. Now I want to hear you say it."
Midas: "I press one button. The whole city comes to my rescue." (Presses button and gets "System Error" message)
Felicity (over comms): "Yeah. Not with that circa 2017 first build security system. I don't understand why people don't just click 'update' when it says 'update.'"
Oliver: "Try again, James."
Midas: "I'm not telling you anything. You can't touch me."
Oliver: "Really? Come here." (Grabs Midas)
Midas: "Stop! You'll regret this."
Oliver: "Not as much as you. Now tell me what you know about chlormethine."
Midas: "Go to Hell!"
Oliver: "Wrong answer." (Removes the lid from a barrel of hydroflouric acid and holds Midas' head over the bubbling liquid inside)
Midas: "Wait! Wait! I'll tell you everything. I did it, okay? I've been using chlormethine to make the bullets, and then I've been selling them to rival gangs."
Oliver: "Good. (Over comms) Overwatch, you get all that?"
Felicity (over comms): "Signed, sealed, delivered."
Oliver: "Good. James Midas, by the authority of the S.C.P.D., you are under arrest. Come here."

715 (Training Day) – Oliver and Felicity open up the old Arrow Bunker and tell Diggle about Felicity's pregnancy:
Oliver: "You really fixed this place up."
Felicity: "Yeah, I thought we'd need it once the whole team got sanctioned. Oh, it's good to be back. So good to be back."
Oliver: "How long till we're up and running?"
Felicity: "Just a couple minutes. I can't believe that confession got dismissed."
Diggle (entering): "Hey. I had a feeling I'd find you two here. So I take it you are going after Midas."
Oliver: "He knows we're on to him, so we need to move fast before he dumps the evidence."
Diggle: "Right. And what about working with the cops?"
Felicity: "Oh, you've seen what a trainwreck that's been."
Oliver: "We all know that we operate better on our own. Now, I would like for you to be on board with this, but if you're not, I would just - I would ask you to stay out of our way."
Diggle: "Oliver, I will always have your back, but you're giving up on this partnership before you're really giving it a chance, as if you're up against a clock I don't know about. So what don't I know about?"
(Oliver and Felicity look at each other.)
Felicity: "We're having a baby."
Diggle: "Really?"
Oliver and Felicity (simultaneously): "Yeah."
Felicity: "It's a little early. We're not telling anybody yet."
Diggle: "That's amazing! This is wonderful! It would also explain a hell of a lot."
Oliver: "We don't want a child born into a city like this. Our mission is not complete."
Felicity: "So we're going to go about this the only way that we know how, without politicians and without a precinct. We're going to do this the Team Arrow way."
Diggle: "Okay, and that would work for awhile. And then, uh, then I have to say, we will be right back to where we started, Oliver, without a team, you in prison, us on the run, and a city no closer to being saved than where we started."
Oliver: "Our partnership with the force is not working."
Diggle: "Then we have to find a way to make it work. Compromise, do whatever you have to do. Because if you want a new future for this baby of yours, it won't come by doing the same thing we used to do. We have to - we have to be something else. Something better."

715 (Training Day) – In a flashforward scene, Adult William and Mia implement a plan to get the microcassette player from Felix:
Mia: "You should've let me take him and the cops. I can handle a couple of poorly-trained goons who don't know their right from their left. (Adult William smiles) What? Why are you looking at me like that?"
Adult William: "Nothing."
Mia: "Spit it out."
Adult William: "I just half-expected you to shout, 'Felix, you have failed this city!'"
Mia: "Well, that's a dumb thing to say."
Adult William: "That's what our dad used to say."
Mia: "Oh."
Adult William: "You reminded me of him back there."
Mia: "So how do you suggest we get this cassette player if you're not gonna let me beat the living hell out of him?"
Adult William: "I have an idea."
Mia: "Got it. Only cost me my next two fights. Better be worth it."
Adult William: "Oh, this is perfect." (Starts tinkering around with the watch communication device)
Mia: "Care to share the plan?"
Adult William: "What is the one thing the S.C.P.D. wants more than anything in this city?"
Mia: "To kill vigilantes."
Adult William: "Exactly. So let's hope this works. (Presses a button on the watch and speaks into it) I got a Canary sighting on the south side of the Star City Bazaar, headed east."
(They watch several people leave the bazaar and head out.)
Mia: "You're a genius."
Adult William: "I am, like, literally."
Felix: "I warned you to stay away."
Mia: "We are not good listeners. Your friends are off chasing a Canary. Well, that's what they think anyway."
Felix: "You'll regret this."
(Mia punches Felix.)
Mia: "Dick."
Adult William: "Nice punch."
Mia: "Yeah."
Adult William (to unconscious Felix): "Thank you."
(Adult William grabs the microcassette player, and they leave.)

715 (Training Day) – Felicity finds a lead to catching Midas after altering her security system algorithm to track DNA anywhere in Star City: 
(Dinah and Rene enter the Arrow Bunker.)
Rene: "Wow. The place looks great."
Dinah: "Wow. Why did you guys call us here?"
Oliver: "To apologize. We shouldn't have gone off-book to go after Midas."
Dinah: "I appreciate that. And while we're clearing the air here, I'm - I'm sorry too, okay? I was hard on you. I was too hard."
Rene: "You guys want to hug or something?"
Diggle: "Why don't we save the hugging until after we catch Midas?"
Oliver: "The second reason that we called you here. We found a lead. Or Felicity found a lead."
Felicity: "In trying to find where Midas is storing his skin-melting poison, I was able to alter my security system algorithm to track DNA anywhere in Star City."
Dinah: "You have Midas' DNA?"
Felicity: "Well, it turns out he's not as squeaky clean as we thought. I got his DNA from the S.C.P.D. archive. He was arrested 15 years ago. Thank goodness the police have record hoarders. And since he has a record and we work for the S.C.P.D., voila! I interfaced with the S.C.P.D.'s surveillance system and was able to legally monitor everywhere Midas has been in the last two weeks. Country club, office, home, and -"
Dinah: "And a warehouse registered to what is clearly a shell corporation?"
Oliver: "Obviously, he's keeping the chemicals there."
Felicity: "And look whose DNA is there right now."
Diggle: "Midas is probably trying to destroy the evidence as we speak."
Dinah: "He can try, but he's not gonna get away with it. We're gonna get him."
Oliver: "We want to do things the right way this time. That means doing a few things differently."
Dinah: "What did you have in mind?"
Oliver: "First things first... Suit up."

715 (Training Day) – Team Arrow, with the help of the S.C.P.D., are able to capture Midas in the middle of his trying to destroy evidence:
Felicity (over comms): "Overwatch to Team Arrow, I have confirmation on Midas and a crapload of gun-toting goons."
Oliver (over comms): "What about the chemicals?"
Felicity (over comms): "Being loaded into the back of a truck."
Felicity (over comms): "Guys, you may want to speed things up. They're about to move out."
Diggle: "If those chemicals reach the reservoir, everyone in Star City will be at risk."
Rene: "We can't let that truck leave."
Oliver: "No, we won't."
Felicity (over comms): "Bad news, guys. Midas is about two minutes away from being a free man."
Dinah: "We got to stop him."
Oliver: "You go. I'll secure the evidence."

715 (Training Day) – Team Arrow becomes a sanctioned ‘black ops” unit of the S.C.P.D. and Star City's anti-vigilante law is going to be repealed: 
Dinah: "James Midas is in S.C.P.D. lock-up. We got what we needed to put him away for a very long time. Thank you for doing it the legal way."
Oliver: "Thank you for letting us do it our way."
Rene: "And for joining us. We missed you, Canary."
Dinah: "I missed her too. Thank you for reminding me of that.
Felicity: "Wait. Why do I get the feeling the Canary flight was a one-night-only kind of thing?"
Dinah: "I'll be back in the field, just, uh, without my Cry. (Sighs) When my nerve was ruptured, it created lasting damage."
Oliver: "I'm - I'm sorry, Dinah."
Diggle: "Well, Dinah, Cry or no Cry, you are the Black Canary. You proved that tonight."
Dinah: "Thank you. You know what else we did tonight? We forced Pollard's hand. I leveraged her relationship with Midas to convince her to sign off on creating a special vigilante task force. We're still sanctioned by the S.C.P.D., but we're operating as our own unit, out of the Bunker, in our suits."
Oliver: "And the anti-vigilante law?"
Dinah: "It's on her desk for repeal. She's gonna sign it."
Rene: "So we're like the black ops for the S.C.P.D. now? That's cool."
Diggle: "I'm just glad we're all back. It feels right."
Oliver: "I'll second that. It's nice to be part of a team again."
Rene: "And be here at the Bunker - the sweet Bunker."
Dinah: "Do you guys feel like hitting up the, uh, 'sweet' bar?"
Felicity: "You guys go ahead. I ate something that's not gonna mix well with alcohol."
Diggle: "Yeah. I'm gonna hang back too, guys."
(Felicity winks at Oliver, and he winks back at her.)
Dinah: "Okay." (Leaves with Oliver and Rene)
Diggle (sighing): "I got you something." (Hands her a baggie filled with little clusters of some type of food)
Felicity (deadpan): "Gee, you shouldn't have."
Diggle: "Well, it was the only thing that Lyla said helped her with her nausea. They're ginger candy chews."
Felicity: "Oh God, I'll try anything."
Diggle: "Morning sickness or not, Felicity, you have not missed a beat. You were absolutely amazing out there today. Your tech was phenomenal."
Felicity: "Well, Curtis would've had five ideas to make it better, but-"
Diggle: "Well, maybe. But if Curtis was still at A.R.G.U.S., I would've asked him to buy your tech. And I'm sure A.R.G.U.S. wouldn't be the only corporation hunting for it. And I think that's more than a security system you're working on. I think you're on to something big."

715 (Training Day) – Oliver and Felicity pick out names for their baby: 
Felicity: "Do you think I'm showing, just even a little?"
Oliver: "I think you look exactly the same. How you feeling?"
Felicity: "Oh, I feel like I could sleep for two weeks."
Oliver: "Oh, yeah."
Felicity: "Hey, so, in between updating the S.C.P.D.'s tech and taking down evil CEOs, I was brainstorming baby names today."
Oliver: "Really?"
Oliver: "Any frontrunners?"
Felicity: "For a boy, I've always liked Lucas."
Oliver: "Yeah. Lucas. That's good. I may have thought of a name for a girl."
Felicity: "Yeah?"
Oliver: "Mia."
Felicity: "Short for Moira. (Oliver nods) Sweet and fiery. I love it."
Oliver: "I want that for both of our children. They'll always have each other to lean on."
Felicity: "And they'll always have us."

715 (Training Day) – In a flashforward scene, Adult William and Mia listen to Felicity’s taped message: 
Mia: "What are you waiting for? Let's play the damn thing."
Adult William: "I don't know. What are you waiting for?"
Mia: "Fine." (Takes the cassette and tries to put it into the microcassette player)
Adult William: "Maybe I should do it."
Mia: "It's not as easy as it looks -"
Adult William: "Just give it to me." (Inserts the cassette and then hesitates)
Mia: "This is some, like, feelings thing, isn't it?"
Adult William: "Well, I haven't heard Felicity's voice in almost two decades, so, yeah, it is."
Mia: "Look, whatever she says, it's clear she wanted both of us to hear it... together. (Puts her hand on William's hand) All right. Let's just get this over with." (Presses a button on the microcassette player)
Felicity (recorded voice): "William and Mia. Ohh, you know this is the first time I've ever said your names together. Twenty years, and I avoided ever saying your names in the same sentence. It feels like the work of a paranoid, overprotective mother. I guess we really do turn into our parents. I'm rambling. Sorry. Not just for the rambling. For everything, but mostly for keeping the two of you apart. I'm not asking for your forgiveness, but just know that your father and I did it to protect you. We did it because we love you. Now that you've found each other, I just have one request. Give these coordinates to the team: 47.6119 North, 122.3301 West. And then get the hell out of Star City. And whatever you do, don't come looking for me."
Mia; "So we're ignoring her."
Adult William: "Definitely."
Mia: "I know where these lead."
(Cut to them going to a cliff ledge overlooking the walled-off Glades.)
Mia: "That's where. We're going over the wall... to the Glades."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1