Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Galileo908

S30.E16: I Want You (She's So Heavy)

When a romantic night ends in injury, Marge recovers by taking up kite boarding while Homer bonds with his hallucinated hernia (Wallace Shawn); Lisa attempts to fix her parents' strained relationship by seeking advice from an unlikely source.

Intro: Mr. Plow!

Billboard: Learn to make friends at Springfield Hypnosis

Chalkboard: A March Madness bracket of characters with Krusty as the winner.

Couch Gag: $1,000,000 Pyramid!

Man, Chalmers making Skinner tests drugs was just...wow. "I both see and am God!" was funny, but that's all they went with it, sadly.

"And if the kids misbehave: Papa John's!"

I quite liked the Wedding Expo, but I felt like it was rushed. Like, the guy on Homer's nametag was supposed to give a keynote speech, and he just pulls one out of his ass? And he's kind of caught, but nothing came of it?

So...what hasn't this show done, yet? Kite surfing? Okay! It didn't go anywhere interesting, but okay! But I did like Wallace Shawn as Tiny Invisible Wallace Shawn telling Homer what to do. Usually when Homer listens to his gut, it's literally his gut, but this time it has a face. Of course Maggie can see the hernia, it's like the Great Gazoo. Nigel being a spy was a fun turn, but again, it came out of nowhere at the very end, as did the Mission: Impossible bit.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

It took me way too long to realize it was Wallace Shawn.  I knew I knew the voice but couldn’t figure out why. Obviously I need to watch the Princess Bride again. 

I thought it was going to be a plot of Homer and Marge sneaking into events and pretending to be people until someone famous catches them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M. Darcy said:

It took me way too long to realize it was Wallace Shawn.  I knew I knew the voice but couldn’t figure out why. Obviously I need to watch the Princess Bride again. 

"You do know that I've done other things.   I was the Grand Negus on Star Trek.  I'm also the voice of Rex in the Toy Story films."

"Yeah, and Jeff Bridges has a huge career as well, but he'll always be THE DUDE!! "

"(Sigh) I'm always going to be that guy from Princess Bride, aren't I??"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Fun Fact: Per Bill Oakley's twitter feed, Wallace Shawn was originally considered for the Space Coyote, but he was busy and then they asked Johnny Cash.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

The Blackboard brackets were amusing -- how did Ralph defeat Skinner ?

Jimbo: "Want to watch videos of pythons swallowing stuff ?"
Lisa: "Uh, can't we watch something with kittens ?"
Kimbo: "Oh, there's kittens in there."

Homer: "This is pointless.  We learned all the new dangerous drugs last year. Sprack, Zup, Borzo and Crystal Bam."
Marge: "I hear they're mixing Bam with Zup."
Otto: "Interesting. Bam and Zup. Oh, this seminar has already paid for itself."

Springfield Wedding Expo - Start Your Life Together in Debt

Booths at the Wedding Expo:
-- Therm-O-Foot Cold Feet Early Warning System
-- Cummerbunderful Smart Cummerbunds
-- Vow-Canceling Headphones
-- Prenuptial Agreements (with Joint Custody, No Alimony and Only One Mistress sample pre-nups on display)
-- The Toast Master

Beyond Seafoam -- The Most Unflattering Bridesmaids' Dresses

Loved the horror movie they were watching at home with Jimbo and Shauna with the evil mixer -- that had to be a based on a Stephen King novel.

Homer's "Dr. Heffernan" Next Year's Wedding Trends:
10) Longer Aisles
 9) 2nd Best Man
 8) Separate Honeymoons
 7) Flowers
 6) Cultural Appropriation
 5) Ads on Veils
 4) In Memoriam Reel
 3) Friends
 2) Sand Dabs (which is apparently a kind of flounder)
 1) True Love

Springfield General Hospital -- TB or not TB: That is the Question

I liked that Maggie was able to see the talking hernia.

Liked Marge's thought balloon where the helicopter crashed into the ocean after rescuing Homer and Marge.

Chief Wiggum: "Yeah, ruining people's day at the beach. We are worse than sand in a hot dog, hey Lou."
Lou: "You know there's double murder downtown."
Chief Wiggum: "Well, now it's a triple 'cause you just killed my day." 

Luigi: "Homer's talking to nobody. Cat Lady is eating with her cats. Ralph is inna the lobster tank."
Ralph: "I'm expensive."

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Jimbo: "Want to watch videos of pythons swallowing stuff ?"
Lisa: "Uh, can't we watch something with kittens ?"
Kimbo: "Oh, there's kittens in there."

Best line.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The Blackboard brackets were amusing -- how did Ralph defeat Skinner ?

It's Bart's bracket, it's the most perfect outcome for that matchup. (And probably the reason why he got the punishment this week). ANYONE could beat Skinner, and having it be Ralph is the extra twist of the knife.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1