Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Divided We Move

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Twopper said:

Is there a trend for DIY wedding canopies?  The Duggars made one for the wedding of JohnDavid and Abbie, and now Mitch is making one for his wedding. 

Well, on Bobs Burgers tonight, a couple got married under a canopy they’d made out of their old baby blankets 😂

Ugh, I’m still watching this. Kody to Meri: “Can you stay and talk to me? You’re not in trouble.” Jeesh. He’s still hammering her about not saying Yes the right way. She’s right, he wants her to lie. Or I guess it’s part of their “religion,” where you beat yourself up for normal human reactions like jealousy or disappointment. Smile it away, Meri!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Well, on Bobs Burgers tonight, a couple got married under a canopy they’d made out of their old baby blankets 😂

Ugh, I’m still watching this. Kody to Meri: “Can you stay and talk to me? You’re not in trouble.” Jeesh. He’s still hammering her about not saying Yes the right way. She’s right, he wants her to lie. Or I guess it’s part of their “religion,” where you best yourself up for normal human reactions like jealousy or disappointment. Smile it away, Meri!

Its because the Duggars are fundamentalist Christians which means they steal all their traditions from Jews. In this case that would be the 'wedding chuppah'. You will also notice Robynnnnn wearing a Jewish star in her interviews. The Duggars do that as well.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, suomi said:

He busted himself when he said he won't have as much help with this move as he had last time. Yeah, because so many of his peons kids have aged out and moseyed along. Slim pickings - his moving crew these days is mostly goony bird wives, flighty tween/teen girls and younguns. Let the games begin and show us A Whole Bunch of it, please. 

Like everything else with this move so far, he's going to end up having to throw more money at it to solve the problem or else it's going to be an even bigger fiasco than last time, with more problems and setbacks. He mentioned that they have more stuff now than ever, probably even more than he was able to anticipate when making that comment.  Going through all that is going to be a nightmare all by itself, especially because the adults are getting older and won't be as up to handling that amount of stuff by themselves in the time they will have.  A few U-Hauls, some kids and do-it-yourself sweat is not going to cut it.

• Love 8

Is Kody ever freaking happy? Shit, man.  He sucks all the air out of the room.  

I'm not wanting to be mean here, but I think the real reason Jenelle wanted to pull back and have a private convo with the realtor was so she could stop walking uphill for a minute and catch her breath.  Unless she generally is that impulsive that she'd be seriously discussing putting money down,  5 min after getting out of the car, and before even getting to what they were supposed to be looking at.  And then to go from that, to wanting the other place right away?  Seems fishy.  I dont know because I havent watched this show regularly at all.  Is this typical of her? Or was she just looking for an excuse to catch her breath?

• Useful 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, MissTeacher13 said:

Yeah, I’m not getting the attraction either. What does he do for work? There has to be something good about him. 

Kody said something to the effect of him being an excellent carpenter.  But who knows what he does for a living?  I don't get the attraction either and I usually like Celtic types!  Those shots of him with that long beard really put me off.  Guys with big fat faces really should not wear long beards, only very trimmed looks like a goatee (like Mr. Yeah No).  She seems to love it.  I want to vomit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I can't with Christine telling her daughter that if she didn't like living there she didn't have to stay for more than 3 years anyway.  I'm not for coddling kids but that seemed kind of harsh.

I thought she said it with a snarky tone. It seemed like an inside joke about their constant moving. 

• Love 2

What’s with all the talk of it being fun to not wear underwear under the kilts Kody and flashing your leg for pictures.?  Modesty dressing is only for women folk? If a female member of that family talked about having a breeze under their skirt he’d be outraged. I rembember the teens had friend in a hot tub in bathing suits and he was upset. 

• Love 19
5 hours ago, answerphone said:

"We're a transient family."  Christine, you should have gotten that out of your system before you had all of these poor kids.

Janelle, I'm so disappointed you're more interested in trees and camping than the stability and happiness of some of your kids.

Meri, moving to Arizona will place you further away from Mariah and your bed and breakfast.

Regarding Robyn, I have conflicting thoughts.  Am I the only one who doesn't hate her?

I don't hate Robyn either and thought there was maybe something wrong with me as everyone else seems to... I'm not obsessed with her but I don't see her as a villain either.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, eskimo said:

Is Kody ever freaking happy? Shit, man.  He sucks all the air out of the room.  

I'm not wanting to be mean here, but I think the real reason Jenelle wanted to pull back and have a private convo with the realtor was so she could stop walking uphill for a minute and catch her breath.  Unless she generally is that impulsive that she'd be seriously discussing putting money down,  5 min after getting out of the car, and before even getting to what they were supposed to be looking at.  And then to go from that, to wanting the other place right away?  Seems fishy.  I dont know because I havent watched this show regularly at all.  Is this typical of her? Or was she just looking for an excuse to catch her breath?

good point!  No, actually it was very atypical of her.  Usually she is not enthusiastic about anything and quite lethargic.  So I think you may be onto something!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Annymin said:

How many of you are as sick of hearing about angels singing as I am?  Really?  Do angels follow the Browns and collectively sing whenever they stumble upon great dirt?

Maybe it was the prairie dogs and the plague made them do it! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Bananas1313 said:

In one of the scenes, when kody was trying on the kilt (at Christine’s?), the background calendar said April? I’m confused.

Did anyone else notice that Christine changed in size/weight during this episode? When Truly was coloring and they were getting ready to go to Flagstaff, she had on tight pants & top and she looked pretty heavy. But in most things recent (and even in this show in parts) she looked very slimmed down. Since we've been seeing her slimmed way down in the past few months, it really surprised me to see her so much bigger in that one scene. This, to me, would be supportive evidence that this whole story line/episodes/season is being pieced together.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

re Janelle's tweet above...the protection in plural families.  Yeah, sure....yet you guys STILL make ridiculous and self-centered decisions.  There is no protection there.  Being a sensible, level-headed, mature adult is the protection you guys need.  Perhaps a guardian should be assigned to you?  And Kody's tweet about shutting down Gwen's sassy attitude?!?!?!  I am assuming it was the "3 years and you're out" remark.  Well Kody, good job of being a cold-hearted conceited ass toward your daughter's (and son Gabe's by the way, on and Truely's) real concerns.  

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I want to slap the snot out of Kody. He gets what he wants and then he pouts and says things like “I should feel grateful but I guess I’m just pissed at the responsibility.” I wouldn’t be surprised to see this crew end up on “Snapped” one day. And no jury who had seen this episode would convict. 

How many times did they show TH of Robyn saying, "Oh that man!"...just sayin'

• Love 3
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

What’s with all the talk of it being fun to not wear underwear under the kilts Kody and flashing your leg for pictures.?  Modesty dressing is only for women folk? If a female member of that family talked about having a breeze under their skirt he’d be outraged. I rembember the teens had friend in a hot tub in bathing suits and he was upset. 

And for all their "modesty", the bridal shower "naughty talk" and sexy lingerie was a bit of a oxymoron to what they say they are all about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, Granny58 said:
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Is Robyn menopausal? She keeps fanning herself.

the way her neck is swollen wouldn't surprise me if she has a thyroid dysfunction happening.  

Did you see how many pills she was getting out of that bag of meds? Are they for her or was she getting them together for someone else? She opened at least 3 bottles, maybe 4 with more bottles still in the ziplock bag.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I thought kody very telling when he explained why Meri wanted Cottonwood!  Meri loves 'being on top'.  She wanted Cottonwood to prove to the sister wives she and kody rule!  She's a huge pain in the ass and I'm so happy kody told her she sits and says nothing!

what a vile person she is!  I think she's dragging her feet because maybe she wont be getting another mansion in Coyote Pass!  I think kodys going to push for a single home.  One they all share!good

that should take about one season!  Lol

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Ugh, I’m still watching this. Kody to Meri: “Can you stay and talk to me? You’re not in trouble.” Jeesh. He’s still hammering her about not saying Yes the right way. She’s right, he wants her to lie. Or I guess it’s part of their “religion,” where you best yourself up for normal human reactions like jealousy or disappointment. Smile it away, Meri!

Perhaps Meri should've turned her back to "The Parents", pulled her pants down and told them all to kiss her big, fat, white heiny.  Of course, that may have been too much of that naughty PDA...Personal Display of (dis)affection!  😡

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Each week, I am more and more surprised at the way Kody is appearing to come unglued and the way the wives seem to becoming more and more sick of him. Even Robyn, who I have my doubts about, seems to find him exasperating. lol  It would be rather funny, if not for the poor kids.  

Mitch just annoys me.  I could be wrong about him, but, he's only slightly less annoying than Tony.  I did read some very amusing things involving Mitch. I'll go to the Spoiler thread for that. 

I suspect that Kody is freaked out that he will have no more children and that's why he is so obsessed with the two younger kids.  I hope he gets less grumpy and overbearing after this move, because, at this point, he is intolerable. 

• Love 11

Each week, I am more and more surprised at the way Kody is appearing to come unglued and the way the wives seem to becoming more and more sick of him. Even Robyn, who I have my doubts about, seems to find him exasperating. lol  It would be rather funny, if not for the poor kids.  

Mitch just annoys me.  I could be wrong about him, but, he's only slightly less annoying than Tony.  I did read some very amusing things involving Mitch. I'll go to the Spoiler thread for that. 

I suspect that Kody is freaked out that he will have no more children and that's why he is so obsessed with the two younger kids.  I hope he gets less grumpy and overbearing after this move, because, at this point, he is intolerable. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, llewis823 said:

Someone posted in the previous episode's thread about thinking something may have happened romantically between Kootie & Meri when they stayed in Flagstaff. I think they may be right. My reasons for saying this:

• In the footage of them visiting Flagstaff, she was trying to get him to say he loved her, etc. when with the way things have been between them since the catfishing stuff, seemed bold of her - as in maybe something encouraged her - making her think they were going to be okay.
  • In this episode, I heard another sound bite - might have been one from their visit as well but it was aired this week, not last - He asked her if she was cold and she said she just wanted to be near him.  I think they dubbed something in last week.
  • And okay, call me weird, but in a few instances in this episode, where they were talking about Cottonwood, I feel like some of the faces Kootie was making at Meri were sincere "I'm sorry" empathetic looks - like he agreed with her about liking Cottonwood better but the consensus was Coyote Pass. 

Overall, I just thought he seemed like he actually cared about her feelings. And I haven't thought that in a very long time until now.

Agreed. Not only did he, er, "whip out out" for Meri, I believe he also "serviced" Christine, which may explain her slimming down and acting like she's on uppers. Wonder how he 'splained that to the Married Wifey.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Wrong wife
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, MissTeacher13 said:

I thought she said it with a snarky tone. It seemed like an inside joke about their constant moving. 

I don’t know, it could’ve been that or it seems that Christine seems to want her kids out once they reach “adulthood?” Aspyn lived at college, then moved in with Robyn and Mykelti was not allowed to move back in when she left school. Paedon started boot camp supposedly, too.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Kody forgot they were in the middle of throwing Aspyn's bridal shower?  Seriously?

We aren't talking about Solomon, the princess or any other of Robyn's kids here... so... yes.  Of COURSE he forgot all about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Only caught a little of this episode, but during the meeting I couldn't help saying, "Gimme a break, Kody!" and "Really, Robyn? Shut up."

I did like how Kody had to backtrack when Meri said she was going to help Mariah move no matter what, and he had to admit that he had helped Maddie and Caleb (his man crush) move, so he guessed it was OK.  Douche.

Robyn and her "divine inspiration" --really? How convenient that the "divine" tells you to get exactly what you want. (No disrespect to anyone who is spiritual, but it just seems that some people use this reason too conveniently).

Had to stop watching when the kilt scene came up. Nothing against them, they can look good--but Kody and his histrionics--eww.

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, llewis823 said:

Did anyone else notice that Christine changed in size/weight during this episode? When Truly was coloring and they were getting ready to go to Flagstaff, she had on tight pants & top and she looked pretty heavy. But in most things recent (and even in this show in parts) she looked very slimmed down. Since we've been seeing her slimmed way down in the past few months, it really surprised me to see her so much bigger in that one scene. This, to me, would be supportive evidence that this whole story line/episodes/season is being pieced together.

I did notice that and wondered what the heck happened.  One minute thing, One minute a bit overweight.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, llewis823 said:

Did you see how many pills she was getting out of that bag of meds? Are they for her or was she getting them together for someone else? She opened at least 3 bottles, maybe 4 with more bottles still in the ziplock bag.

I noticed that too.  Probably supplements suggested by some quack when she really needs to see a licensed medical professional.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15

Who cares what Tony, Mikelti or Maddie think of Flagstaff? They are not going to be living there. Did they really have to come along on the caravan? I suppose showing their faces gives them a few dollars from TLC so there's that. 

Awwwwww.....Poor, poor Kody. He's getting older and he's tired. It takes a lot out of a person to go back and forth between 4 wives and a gazillion kids. He wants them all in one house now. Not going to happen, Kodster. In case he hasn't noticed these women can't stand each other. Now he's bitching about having to drive between each rental house. I hope he wears himself out. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I noticed that too.  Probably supplements suggested by some quack when she really needs to see a licensed medical professional.

Yeah from the size and shape of the bottles they looked more like vitamin bottles rather than prescription medicine.

• Love 4