Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Divided We Move

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I must say that I am curious as to whether that whole thing about being of Scottish heritage is a real thing for Mitch or was this a theme created by TLC to add some interest/fun/entertainment value to the show.  I mean, does he have family members in Scotland?  Was he raised with Scottish traditions?  Or did he do an DNA kit, get the results and suddenly grow a love for anything Scottish.  lol  

I love Walkers shortbread... does that make me partially Scot ?  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, it's me, but, for a parent to imply something about their junk and how it relates to the adult child's mother, in the presence of the adult child, is just creepy.  I hate that kind of thing.  An adult child does not need that vision in their head at all......nooooo.....

Exactly!! The only thing grosser than thinking about your kids having sex is thinking of your parents having sex!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I must say that I am curious as to whether that whole thing about being of Scottish heritage is a real thing for Mitch or was this a theme created by TLC to add some interest/fun/entertainment value to the show.  I mean, does he have family members in Scotland?  Was he raised with Scottish traditions?  Or did he do an DNA kit, get the results and suddenly grow a love for anything Scottish.  lol  

I was so exhausted last night that I was too tired to check to see if the kilt Mitch had was from the Thompson clan and Cody's was from the Brown clan tartan.   I would have liked more detail about that.  It seemed like Mitch said something like the one for Kody (I never can remember how to spell his name) was picked out because it was from a particular region in Scotland which made no sense to me as there was nothing said about where his ancestors lived in Scotland, if indeed they lived there.   As I said I was sorta sleepy from the time change.

I think if they wanted to keep TLC cameras rolling they had to give them something new and the choice was either another wife or a move.  Also from what I understand their interest only mortgages were about to expire, but I think it would be cheaper to stay put then to move and rebuilt in a more expensive area, especially one that is out of town where you need to "pull utilities" to it.   Or another option might have been showing plural marriage with Robyn in Flagstaff with Kody and also Meri working at her BandB and Janelle and Christine back LV.   Or Kody divorcing Robin to remarry Meri.  

Yeah, it would make more sense if they have to move to Flagstaff to have everyone in rental units and store the excess furniture and wait until they sell the houses before they buy property to build.  I guess if the calendar in the kilt segment was April, then they may be filming now.   How many seasons did they have in LV while building the houses?  They probably think they can get at least that many more in Flagstaff. 

I keep thinking they should get real jobs.  They seem to spend a lot for people with no visible means of support except for TLC so I have no idea of how they will survive in Flagstaff if and when the TLC money dries up like the land at Prairie Dog Flats  ( applause to whoever coined that--sounds like a good header for an episode thread to me).  The problem with a 9-5 job would be taking time off to film, but they could film on weekends and also a business or government agency might be unhappy  to have an employee on a reality tv show.   Maybe they should take a page from the Roloffs ( not my favorite people) and move to a large farm where they can have their own wedding venue (would save money on weddings of the younger girls) and they could raise pumpkins and have people come out for hayrides in the fall.  And they could have a barn and use the stalls to sell Lulu clothing and joolry.  Janelle could invite her Strivers out for lessons in cooking fajitas.

With apologies to T. S. Eliot and his poem "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"  I think Meri's attitude to the angels singing that Robyn and Christine heard is along these lines :  I have heard the angels singing...I do not think that they will sing to me   (or at least not at Prairie Dog Flats as she probably thought she heard them at Cottonwood.

• Love 17
19 hours ago, Adeejay said:

“I am the fourth wife.  I know my place.”  Said the woman who trampled over three others to become the legal wife.  All of a sudden, Kody doesn’t want to be away from his kids?!  I am glad that Christine pointed out that it never bothered him before.  I’ve noticed that when he talks about his kids, he only mentions Sol and Ariella. 

Since when does the groom to be attends the bridal shower?

Robyn didn't say that. Christine said, "I'm the third wife; I know my place." Robyn said to Meri, "You're the first wife."

5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I was so exhausted last night that I was too tired to check to see if the kilt Mitch had was from the Thompson clan and Cody's was from the Brown clan tartan.   I would have liked more detail about that.  It seemed like Mitch said something like the one for Kody (I never can remember how to spell his name) was picked out because it was from a particular region in Scotland which made no sense to me as there was nothing said about where his ancestors lived in Scotland, if indeed they lived there.   As I said I was sorta sleepy from the time change.

I think if they wanted to keep TLC cameras rolling they had to give them something new and the choice was either another wife or a move.  Also from what I understand their interest only mortgages were about to expire, but I think it would be cheaper to stay put then to move and rebuilt in a more expensive area, especially one that is out of town where you need to "pull utilities" to it.   Or another option might have been showing plural marriage with Robyn in Flagstaff with Kody and also Meri working at her BandB and Janelle and Christine back LV.   Or Kody divorcing Robin to remarry Meri.  

Yeah, it would make more sense if they have to move to Flagstaff to have everyone in rental units and store the excess furniture and wait until they sell the houses before they buy property to build.  I guess if the calendar in the kilt segment was April, then they may be filming now.   How many seasons did they have in LV while building the houses?  They probably think they can get at least that many more in Flagstaff. 

I keep thinking they should get real jobs.  They seem to spend a lot for people with no visible means of support except for TLC so I have no idea of how they will survive in Flagstaff if and when the TLC money dries up like the land at Prairie Dog Flats  ( applause to whoever coined that--sounds like a good header for an episode thread to me).  The problem with a 9-5 job would be taking time off to film, but they could film on weekends and also a business or government agency might be unhappy  to have an employee on a reality tv show.   Maybe they should take a page from the Roloffs ( not my favorite people) and move to a large farm where they can have their own wedding venue (would save money on weddings of the younger girls) and they could raise pumpkins and have people come out for hayrides in the fall.  And they could have a barn and use the stalls to sell Lulu clothing and joolry.  Janelle could invite her Strivers out for lessons in cooking fajitas.

With apologies to T. S. Eliot and his poem "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"  I think Meri's attitude to the angels singing that Robyn and Christine heard is along these lines :  I have heard the angels singing...I do not think that they will sing to me   (or at least not at Prairie Dog Flats as she probably thought she heard them at Cottonwood.

Ironically, the land they bought isn't in either of the places they looked at on the show. Also, Meri and Janelle both have jobs.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

Robyn didn't say that. Christine said, "I'm the third wife; I know my place." Robyn said to Meri, "You're the first wife."

And Meri replied, "You're the LEGAL wife" to Robyn.   

Meri sells Lularoe clothing and other than her strive I don't know what Janelle does.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't hate her, I'm enjoying her this season cuz she's running the show and the other wives are following along like idiots. 😂

I don't hate Robyn, and I've never understood the people who strike out at her no matter what she says or does. She seems like the most sensible one of the bunch, and the one least likely to kiss up to Kody in all this madness. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

OMG! I too noticed FT's "boobs"!

Oh...and didn't the realtor say it was sunny in Flagstaff like 300+ days a year? If so, then what about some solar panels out there in the Prairie Poop? Also, ever heard of wind power? Many, many options for saving money and not wasting it on tapping into utilities I would think.

And about that view of the mountains Christine wanted her breakfast room to face. Take a look outside in Las Vegas. My inlaws used to live there and we got married there (30 years ago) but those mountains DO NOT MOVE! Every time we drove somewhere in Vegas I was almost sick of his mother ohhing and ahhing over the mountains! We live in IL and have zero "views" here, so I am not used to the beauty!

I'd about bet if you pan around the cult de sac you'd see a mountain as pretty as poop hill was! Idiots!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I never thought that Teen Mom moms on MTV could survive long term, but, they are still there, living in nice homes, riding in fancy cars, etc.  They are almost 30 years old now!   Go figure.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I never thought I'd see T. S. Eliot and the Browns in the same sentence. Bravo!

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

Meri: Why are you going to me next?  Why don't you go to Robyn next?

Kody:  Well, the reason I'm going to you next is.....

Robyn: You are his 1st wife.

Meri: Oh whatever, you are his legal wife. 

Robyn: Oh gag me with a pitchfork, who freaking cares about that?

Kody: Yeah, when did that ever matter in our family?

Meri: It didn't but she brought it up. *laughing*

Robyn: I know my place, I'm 4, it's cool.  You are 1, it's all good.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 21

Robyn, so disingenuous with the “I’m the fourth wife, I know my place”. Gag me with a pitchfork, indeed! And Kody rushing in with the “only the spiritual marriages matter to us”. Defensive much? Gloves are off with Meri a little bit. She’s throwing in some zingers here and there...mostly passive-aggressive, but still....

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
3 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Robyn, so disingenuous with the “I’m the fourth wife, I know my place”. Gag me with a pitchfork, indeed! And Kody rushing in with the “only the spiritual marriages matter to us”. Defensive much? Gloves are off with Meri a little bit. She’s throwing in some zingers here and there...mostly passive-aggressive, but still....

He didn't say only the spiritual marriages matter. And if Robyn hadn't said that she's the fourth wife and she knows her place, then a thousand people on the internet would't been screaming about her arrogance. She simply can't win.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

Meri: Why are you going to me next?  Why don't you go to Robyn next?

Kody:  Well, the reason I'm going to you next is.....

Robyn: You are his 1st wife.

Meri: Oh whatever, you are his legal wife. 

Robyn: Oh gag me with a pitchfork, who freaking cares about that?

Kody: Yeah, when did that ever matter in our family?

Meri: It didn't but she brought it up. *laughing*

Robyn: I know my place, I'm 4, it's cool.  You are 1, it's all good.  

Thank you!  Didn't know exactly how that conversation went.  Robyn is both legal wife and # 1 and she wears the balls in the family.  What Robyn wants, Robyn gets.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Thank you!  Didn't know exactly how that conversation went.  Robyn is both legal wife and # 1 and she wears the balls in the family.  What Robyn wants, Robyn gets.

Clearly not since they didn't buy the piece of property Robyn wanted.

1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Well maybe if she had showed an iota of class through the divorce crap a lot of people would feel differently about her today.   

No they wouldn't. She behaved perfectly appropriately through the "divorce crap" and people are still losing their minds over everything she says or does. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Mojoker said:

Just now, Mojoker said:

I thought they did - she wanted Coyote Pass and that's what they bought.

• Love 20

I don't think they moved for any reason other than Kody got restless and decided he wanted to move. Based on all the wives' reactions to the situation, that's their take on it, too, but they feel like they have to go along. I find it heartbreaking to see the kids' helplessness at having their lives ripped apart again for no good reason at all.

Just now, Kyanight said:

I thought they did - she wanted Coyote Pass and that's what they bought.

I looked at their properties on Zillow last night. They're no located in either of the places they were looking at on the show.

7 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

He didn't say only the spiritual marriages matter. And if Robyn hadn't said that she's the fourth wife and she knows her place, then a thousand people on the internet would't been screaming about her arrogance. She simply can't win.

Nope. She can’t. She’s stealth, but I see her. 

• Love 24
35 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Good lord... He has bigger boobs than his wife. 😲

At least they can save money by sharing bras.

Only with a man, it's called a "bro."  Fitting, as FT's wedding attendants were dubbed "bros-men."  LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
Just now, Mojoker said:

I'm sure she's shaken to her core. 😏

No, she was only paranoid and looking over her shoulder all of the time in Vegas.  Now that they beat it out of "Dodge", she's not shaking any more.

Just now, VedaPierce said:

I don’t get it. 

She's saying your opinion doesn't mean jack squat.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

I don't hate Robyn, and I've never understood the people who strike out at her no matter what she says or does. She seems like the most sensible one of the bunch, and the one least likely to kiss up to Kody in all this madness. 

I used to think this too.  I had no issue with her, but, then I started looking at all the stuff that makes no sense, and actually seems like she might have had a vested interest in organizing it and it seems like something is not quite as it seems.  I don't know. 

With the move and Dayton's school......just makes me very skeptical.  PLUS, the whole thing about dissing her children's bio dad so Kody could adopt, seems underhanded.  Just too many things started adding up.  I'm now very skeptical of her.  But, I do think she's fed up with Kody.  I think a little of her disgust shined through, when she looked into the camera and bluntly said, she's not interested in moving again.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
19 hours ago, answerphone said:

"We're a transient family."  Christine, you should have gotten that out of your system before you had all of these poor kids.

Janelle, I'm so disappointed you're more interested in trees and camping than the stability and happiness of some of your kids.

Meri, moving to Arizona will place you further away from Mariah and your bed and breakfast.

Regarding Robyn, I have conflicting thoughts.  Am I the only one who doesn't hate her?

I hate her more than ever, and I can’t believe I actually feel sympathy for Meri. It’s so evident that she needs to ditch and run.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I would think Kody's name would be on the deeds of all the houses.  If not, he has no leverage over them at all.  

His name is only on Meri's deed as husband and wife.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Speaking negatively about Vegas is great advertising. I guess since the houses were going to sell in such a hot market, they never considered the fact the show would air while they were still on the market. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 11
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought kody very telling when he explained why Meri wanted Cottonwood!  Meri loves 'being on top'.  She wanted Cottonwood to prove to the sister wives she and kody rule!  She's a huge pain in the ass and I'm so happy kody told her she sits and says nothing!

what a vile person she is!  I think she's dragging her feet because maybe she wont be getting another mansion in Coyote Pass!  I think kodys going to push for a single home.  One they all share!good

that should take about one season!  Lol

I agree with you about Meri. Everyone seems to be defending her that she has a right to be down. But this is typical Meri—sucking the life out of the room. I get it—she’s sad about not getting her first choice. But it’s not like plan B is bad. It’s beautiful too. She always mopes and acts like a victim and sputters I just don’t know what they want from me. How about you grow up and say guys it’s not my first choice but let’s make it work. Geez. She’s so annoying. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

I agree with you about Meri. Everyone seems to be defending her that she has a right to be down. But this is typical Meri—sucking the life out of the room. I get it—she’s sad about not getting her first choice. But it’s not like plan B is bad. It’s beautiful too. She always mopes and acts like a victim and sputters I just don’t know what they want from me. How about you grow up and say guys it’s not my first choice but let’s make it work. Geez. She’s so annoying. 

You beat me to it!   I was irritated with Meri this entire episode.  The reason they keep asking her questions is because her face and posture make it very clear to everyone that she is pissed she didn’t get her pick of property.  She just mopes around, stays silent, and has a woe is me look plastered on her face.

No one expected her to do somersaults or lie about how she felt.  They simply wanted her to pull up her panties like a big girl and behave like an adult. 

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I can't with Christine telling her daughter that if she didn't like living there she didn't have to stay for more than 3 years anyway.  I'm not for coddling kids but that seemed kind of harsh.

I’m going to give Christine a pass on this one. As a mother to 2 teenagers I just imagined that her daughter was complaining all damn day and miserable and negative and had nothing nice to say. I figured Christine was just over it! Ha ha

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Coyote Pass looks like a hellhole. Meri is so over these fools and they don't like her. Meri get the hell out now. Go run your B&B. Let them deal with the bubonic plague infested dirt. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I had a moment of feeling bad for Meri when the rest of them were going after her for not being thrilled about Coyote Pass. Was she suppose to do cartwheels? Maybe she needs some of Christine’s happy pills to do that. “But it’s got TREES, Meri! Did ya see that view? I can’t wait to dig in the prairie dog plague-infested soil, and make a veggie garden!”

I kinda of love that Meri called out Robyn as the legally married wife, and that her opinion didn’t matter so much anymore. Witchy chin was not amused. 😁😂.   

Put me on the list for not liking Robyn. She’s a sneaky snake.

I just got around to watching this today, and these were exactly my thoughts. Sobbin is afraid of hills, but hey, a garden in plague infested soil sounds great! And how quickly did Cody give up on Meri's property - which was also his favorite, once Sobbin, and Christine - the now leader of the pack - said no. And what's with Janelle - that was quite a 180.

I have never liked Meri since the wet bar, but I was feeling for her tonite. Not only does she have to go along, but pretend she's excited about it. I don't know why she stays with these people. She's obviously miserable. Who wouldn't be. I so wish they'd end up in one house.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, kimaken said:

It's easier for Kody to go from house to house through the front door on the cul de sac - if the houses backed up to each other, it'd be farther for him to go (around the block) unless they removed all backyard fences and put a sidewalk or stone pathway so he wouldn't have to wade through wet grass or a foot of snow crossing through the yards. I would also be awkward for re-selling the houses later.

Really? In my childhood neighborhood we had regular parties among our 4 back to back houses. It was very convenient. He seemed to stress that he didn't want the wives looking into each other's yards and being in  each other's business.

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Only with a man, it's called a "bro."  Fitting, as FT's wedding attendants were dubbed "bros-men."  LOL

No, it's a Manssiere! 

(Kindle: add manssiere to dictionary? Me: Yes please.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Mojoker said:

I looked at their properties on Zillow last night. They're no located in either of the places they were looking at on the show.

I just looked up the land lots on the Coconino County Assessor's site and all of them are listed as 9200 Coyote Pass, Flagstaff. Christine's house is on Bader Rd and is near the Coyote Pass properties.

Looks like Robyn DID get what she wanted.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Galloway Cave said:

I just looked up the land lots on the Coconino County Assessor's site and all of them are listed as 9200 Coyote Pass, Flagstaff. Christine's house is on Bader Rd and is near the Coyote Pass properties.

Looks like Robyn DID get what she wanted.

But does Christine's breakfast nook face the hill?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7