Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Divided We Move

• Start Topic

On 3/11/2019 at 11:53 AM, Kyanight said:

image.thumb.png.1cc37f2087328a9e015121909bee218e.png

Has anyone noticed that all the husbands have moobs? Like fairly substantial mitties?? 

The scene after Axl's birth with Caleb lounging in the bed and he takes the baby to his chest....i literally squealed in horror cus it looked to me like he was going to try to nurse the wee babe. And honestly, by the looks of his chest, that wasn't the first baby who's latched onto those ripe mams.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, MarysWetBar said:

Has anyone noticed that all the husbands have moobs? Like fairly substantial mitties?? 

The scene after Axl's birth with Caleb lounging in the bed and he takes the baby to his chest....i literally squealed in horror cus it looked to me like he was going to try to nurse the wee babe. And honestly, by the looks of his chest, that wasn't the first baby who's latched onto those ripe mams.

I thought that was a picture of a middle-aged woman! omg lol

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2019 at 10:30 AM, toodles said:

Former construction banker here.  The lender usually requires the lot to be paid in full for custom construction.  Additionally, a cash deposit could be required to meet the equity requirement.

When the brownies bought their Vegas home, they bought houses in a planned subdivision so the land was included in the purchase price.

I making an educated guess here, but I think the lender will require the Flag land to be paid off prior to the construction loan.  Land loans are risky as are custom construction loans.  

Angels can sing all they want, but banks don't care.  I don't see the brownies building on the Flag land anytime soon.  Time is money in the banking world.  At the very least I believe a lender will require the lots to be fully developed prior to the construction loan.  I'm only guessing here, but  I suspect they went hard money on the land loan.  Hard money means a  lender that will accept a higher risk in exchange for a much higher interest rate.  

The utilities are a really big ticket item.  Instead of wringing their hands over CC&R 's, they should have priced out bringing utilities to the properties before signing any paperwork.  I was shaking my head over this one.  The seller was probably laughing all the way to the bank,  pun intended.

Thus endth the lesson.

I'm late to the party.  I didn't watch until last night because, well, seeing these gypsy grifters drive out to stare at . . . nothing, wasn't exactly Must See TV.

Someone else in the thread mentioned that the seller might also be the lender here, based on Kody's apparently negotiating the down-payment with them.  

I'm wondering if the seller is also the builder.  At least in my area (SE Pa.) it's not uncommon for builders to buy the chunk of land, subdivide it, and then build the homes.  They usually aren't also the lenders, but I'm talking about 100-200 home subdivisions. 

If this is the case with this land, it's possible the builder might start building before the land is paid off.  In that sense, a default on the land-loan would result in the house being essentially a "spec" home.  But I don't think there's anyway a builder would start four homes under those circumstances.

Separately, maybe it was discussed and I missed it.  But, is there any guarantee that someone won't decide to develop the land between Kody's and this glorious muse-of-the-Angels mountain and completely obstruct the big-selling-point, worth-putting-up-with-THE-PLAGUE view?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Separately, maybe it was discussed and I missed it.  But, is there any guarantee that someone won't decide to develop the land between Kody's and this glorious muse-of-the-Angels mountain and completely obstruct the big-selling-point, worth-putting-up-with-THE-PLAGUE view?

So glad someone else mentioned this.  Unfortunately I have seen this happen to so many friends!  They have a house that is off the beaten path and gorgeous views... fast forward ten or so years into the future and all of that land around them is built up with buildings that obstruct that beautiful scenery and tons of neighbors and traffic, etc. etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I'm wondering if the seller is also the builder.   

Is Prairie Dog Plague Flats the place that also has the "pond"/drainage ditch that already had pipes installed (when Kody & Robyn first visited)?  If so, I think the developer may be the seller/builder.  The tree-loving Browns bought lots that back right up to the tinder, but there is lots of flat space to build homes that would obscure their view of that hill they call a mountain.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is Prairie Dog Plague Flats the place that also has the "pond"/drainage ditch that already had pipes installed (when Kody & Robyn first visited)?  If so, I think the developer may be the seller/builder.  The tree-loving Browns bought lots that back right up to the tinder, but there is lots of flat space to build homes that would obscure their view of that hill they call a mountain.

And, Of course, that’s something that could have been addressed with . . . CCRs!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Good question... I'm also trying to figure out which property they bought.

Did they buy the mosquito pond or a different one?

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

And, Of course, that’s something that could have been addressed with . . . CCRs!!!

Yes!  The same shit that they want to be free to do (store a buttload of dead cars, etc.) are the things that are going to bite them in the ass, when their eventual neighbors build willy-nilly, and that will obscure their scenery.  Too bad, so sad.  LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

They bought mosquito pond, because Meri preferred Unabomber Ridge.

But, hopefully, the virus-laden mosquitos will deter the plague-ridden prairie dogs 

• LOL 9
39 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Looks like the bought Coyote Pass, the mosquito/plague infested property.  If you go over to the Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation etc. thread, about midway down the page a posting by RootyBoots gives all the data.  Shocking information, they paid cash for some of the properties and hefty down payments on others, total cash outlay was $657,000+.  Kody was all upset about the 10% downpayment ($80,000), so I can't imagine where they came up with this kind of cash.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Why doesMeri need all this space?

Tonight's episode deals with will she/won't she make the move to Flagstaff.  It's possible that Meri held back until that was the only property available for rent, then swooped in.  It would have made so much more sense if Meri had rented something like Janelle's, which appears to be a condo townhouse.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Tonight's episode deals with will she/won't she make the move to Flagstaff.  It's possible that Meri held back until that was the only property available for rent, then swooped in.  It would have made so much more sense if Meri had rented something like Janelle's, which appears to be a condo townhouse.

She's very superficial and shallow... Always needing the biggest, fanciest house with as many, bedrooms, bathrooms, elevators, wet bars, water features she can get even though she's an empty nester... It's all about a showy display when it comes to Meri.

she better hope that the B&B is a huge success because TLC and LulaRAGS won't be around forever.

• Love 6

I'm going to defend Meri a little bit for what we saw this episode.  

She preferred a property that she was shown; it's not like she went looking for some other property.  And it doesn't seem like she preferred it just to be a dick, because Kody preferred it to.

The response from Christine, Robyn and Janelle was "fuck you!  Majority rules!".  But, Meri wasn't wrong that, when it comes to a big decision like this, what's wrong with continuing to look until they find something that, ugh ffc, makes everyone "hear angels singing"?  (of course, that would require them to reveal the reason for all of the sudden rush in making this move).

And then, after their "meeting", Kody is all "Wives, you're dismissed. . . . Not you Meri, you wait behind.  What?  Why do you think I'm acting like a principal in school?"  

Janelle and Kody want Meri to start farting rainbows over something mosquito gulch when she's already said it's not her first choice, and she's said that she'll go along with "majority rules" which, for the aforesaid reasons I think is a bullshit position to put someone in.  At least Christine (I guess to her credit?) is honest enough to say "you're fillings don't matter, I'm getting what I want".  

Frankly I think maybe the plague is too good for any of this crew.

Finally, kudos to whichever kid I heard off-camera say sarcastically "yeah, there's no wind in Las Vegas".  I could hear your eye-roll.  

Even my 13 year old son, without being prompted, took a look at Fat Tony and said "is he trans?"  

And Mykelti, profile shots are Not. Your. Friend.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

I'm going to defend Meri a little bit for what we saw this episode.  

She preferred a property that she was shown; it's not like she went looking for some other property.  And it doesn't seem like she preferred it just to be a dick, because Kody preferred it to.

The response from Christine, Robyn and Janelle was "fuck you!  Majority rules!".  But, Meri wasn't wrong that, when it comes to a big decision like this, what's wrong with continuing to look until they find something that, ugh ffc, makes everyone "hear angels singing"?  (of course, that would require them to reveal the reason for all of the sudden rush in making this move).

And then, after their "meeting", Kody is all "Wives, you're dismissed. . . . Not you Meri, you wait behind.  What?  Why do you think I'm acting like a principal in school?"  

Janelle and Kody want Meri to start farting rainbows over something mosquito gulch when she's already said it's not her first choice, and she's said that she'll go along with "majority rules" which, for the aforesaid reasons I think is a bullshit position to put someone in.  At least Christine (I guess to her credit?) is honest enough to say "you're fillings don't matter, I'm getting what I want".  

Frankly I think maybe the plague is too good for any of this crew.

Finally, kudos to whichever kid I heard off-camera say sarcastically "yeah, there's no wind in Las Vegas".  I could hear your eye-roll.  

Even my 13 year old son, without being prompted, took a look at Fat Tony and said "is he trans?"  

And Mykelti, profile shots are Not. Your. Friend.  

I kinda felt for Meri regarding the other property, too.  As if she needs any more reasons to dump all these assholes and move on with her life. 

• Love 7

I think they all deserve each other...

They've all played games and screwed each other over with sneaky ulterior motives and in my opinion Meri is the queen of that tactic.... She brought Robyn into the family as a big fuck you to Janelle and Christine.

Christine was pregnant and having to deal with that shit but Meri didn't care cause she was jealous, pissy and Kootie was fed up with her...they weren't getting along and Meri couldn't have kids so why not make others miserable too.

Meri is such a selfish ass clown with her big pouty gopher face. 

I'm glad Robyn took control, gets along fine with Janelle and Christine and has decided to fuck over Meri with various schemes.... Maybe she's hoping to drive Meri off and Janelle and Christine are more than happy to help her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 3/10/2019 at 9:38 PM, deirdra said:

Why didn't Kody ask how much it would cost to "pull utilities"?  If it includes water and sewer, it could be astronomical.  I know someone who had to replace their sewer line, ~75' to the back alley, and it cost Cdn$10,000.

Is Robyn menopausal? She keeps fanning herself.

The colour scheme looks like a girl-baby shower.

I wonder if it's like the property my daughter owns in New Mexico. They got their land really cheap because no water was to be found on it (unless they drilled for a well not knowing if they'd even ever find water..and very expensive.)

It was also too far away to run water lines to it. So all the years they lived there they had tankfuls of water trucked in by a service.  She had to really ration the water use.

I hated visiting her there..no flushing the toilets if it was just #1, could barely get yourself wet in the time alloted for a shower.

Oh shoot..I'm rambling..sorry. Just wondered if it's a possibility that they don't have to run pipes out to the street? She used tanked gas, and a fireplace for heat,too.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I am getting back into this show having taken a hiatus yet keeping an ear turned.  

Why are they moving to Flagstaff again?  I think I knew but forgot.  It makes no sense to me but not much they do does!  

Edited by Bucket
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Bucket said:

I am getting back into this show having taken a hiatus yet keeping an ear turned.  

Why are they moving to Flagstaff again?  I think I knew but forgot.  It makes no sense to me but not much they do does!  

Robyn needed to move there to be close to Dayton who is going to college now.  That meant that everyone had to uproot and move there.   Other people here have other thoughts about why they moved, but it most DEFINITELY was not because of financial reasons.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn needed to move there to be close to Dayton who is going to college now.  That meant that everyone had to uproot and move there.   Other people here have other thoughts about why they moved, but it most DEFINITELY was not because of financial reasons.

Thanks.  I doubt that is the only reason.  That seems very off.  A family of 173 people move to accommodate one child who could go to college much closer.  Nah

ETA.  It is fucking nuts.

I love Meri these days.  So funny how much power she has, having been bottom dog for so long. Go for it and stay in town or better yet don't move!  Dig your heels in, think wet bar.  You can do this! 

Edited by Bucket
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Thanks.  I doubt that is the only reason.  That seems very off.  A family of 173 people move to accommodate one child who could go to college much closer.  Nah

Well .... Dayton applies for college and gets accepted and the next thing you know EVERYBODY has GOT to move!  And.....right away! Like in two months!  And where should we move?  Only ONE place for us all to go - FLAGSTAFF!  (It was seriously the only place they even considered.)  And ...oh my gosh... guess what - Dayton has an announcement!  He was accepted to Flagstaff!  Isn't that wonderful?   Do not underestimate the power of Robyn tugging on Kody's ball hairs.  What Robyn wants, Robyn gets.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
On 3/12/2019 at 7:11 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Just seeing her on tv is exhausting!  Why doesn't she leave?  It's the show and the money!  She's not giving up her share of that pot of gold!

I'm sure her trip to help Mariah move will be come part of the show with dinners, hotels and airline tickets paid for by the network!

Meri is nothing without this show!

None of the woman would be anything without this show. They are in a plural marriage with an egotistical man and other women they re supposed to love unconditionally. In this situation, what could they be?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Gabs66 said:

None of the woman would be anything without this show. They are in a plural marriage with an egotistical man and other women they re supposed to love unconditionally. In this situation, what could they be?

So much truth in this post.  I wrote on another board what life is like in one house.  I have ZERO doubt that this show means a lot to them.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

So much truth in this post.  I wrote on another board what life is like in one house.  I have ZERO doubt that this show means a lot to them.

Kyanknight are you the lady who is or was living plyg lifestyle?

Nice to have someone here who's actually been there done that and can explain the ups and downs  ❤

• Love 4

I can kind of see them all moving into one house!  Money wise it makes no sense for them to have four big homes.  The kids are leaving and soon they will be alone.  Just the five of them!

This is the life they signed up for and I think most of them have shared quarters!

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Kyanknight are you the lady who is or was living plyg lifestyle?

Nice to have someone here who's actually been there done that and can explain the ups and downs  ❤

WAS.   It was sprung on me after marriage and several kids.  And I didn't have any "ups".  Well... ok.... third wife was nice.  But that was in comparison to wife 2 who made life hell for both of us.  Other than that - NO ups.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Did I understand kody has a plan for all of them in a house he wants to build?  I'm sure the 'girls' will all go for that one since they have all had their own mcmansions!

Well if Robyn's section of the house has 7 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and a game room and it's own private living room and a sauna and a private garage attached to her own door leading outside - she might come around!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well if Robyn's section of the house has 7 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and a game room and it's own private living room and a sauna and a private garage attached to her own door leading outside - she might come around!

12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And Robyn describing it to her sister wives!  The words just rolled off her tongue like honey!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
Just now, Jeanne222 said:

And Robyn describing it to her sister wives!  The words just rolled off her tongue like honey!

The part that got me was when they were discussing the marriage license.  I am SOOOOO not a physical person but I wanted to pull her hair!  lol   The NERVE of her!!   

I would be willing to bet that if Kody had divorced Robyn after adopting her kids and remarried MERI, the catfishing crap would never have happened.  And that would have been the right thing to do.  Or divorce Robyn and not marry any of them.  But poor Janelle and Christine - they never seem to be special, do they. 

• Love 9

This marriage has morphed into a bunch of friends moving into the same neighborhood.  As things go with friendship sometimes you drift apart.  That is happening here but the show is holding them together.  Essentially Janelle and Meri have moved on as far as they can.

I haven't seen this being discussed.  Seems clear to me that having to move to Flagstaff is about Robin retaining custody of Dayton.  Something related to legal issues with her ex.  Other wise Dayton would fly/drive/bus home for holidays like most other college students. 

Robin should move up there with Dayton and both come 'home' for holidays. 

• Love 2

Isn't Dayton already 18?  Therefore, no custody issues.  He does, however, have autism concerns and the prevailing theory is that Robyn wanted to be near him to help him adjust to college.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Bucket said:

This marriage has morphed into a bunch of friends moving into the same neighborhood.  As things go with friendship sometimes you drift apart.  That is happening here but the show is holding them together.  Essentially Janelle and Meri have moved on as far as they can.

I haven't seen this being discussed.  Seems clear to me that having to move to Flagstaff is about Robin retaining custody of Dayton.  Something related to legal issues with her ex.  Other wise Dayton would fly/drive/bus home for holidays like most other college students. 

Robin should move up there with Dayton and both come 'home' for holidays. 

I don't remember which thread or who said it, but someone pointed out that their meetings made them look like co-workers instead of family.  (Don't remember the exact wording.)  I think that at this point, most of them are co-workers, not even friends.  

Kootie is giving Christine some crumbs of his attention, so she's feeling wifely, and of course Robyn has his manhood in her purse, along with her legal marriage license, so she's also feeling wifely.  Other than that, it looks to me as if the relationships are made up of two elements. 

The first, of course, is business.  They must hang together to keep the money rolling in.  The second is habit/comfort.  Even when a person is in an unhappy situation, it can be difficult to break out of that comfort zone, particularly as we get older.  

• Love 7
21 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Other than that, it looks to me as if the relationships are made up of two elements. 

The first, of course, is business.  They must hang together to keep the money rolling in.  The second is habit/comfort.   

It's more than that. Their religion believes that husbands and wives are together for eternity. They can't just walk away. 

• Useful 2
9 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

It's more than that. Their religion believes that husbands and wives are together for eternity. They can't just walk away. 

And if they DO walk away there is TREMENDOUS amounts of guilt because your religion has been an integral part of your entire life.  And in my generation there were aspects of our religion that wasn't discussed with those outside of our faith so you can't just turn to anyone for support.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4