Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Divided We Move

• Start Topic

The Browns look at property in Flagstaff and they are split over which one to buy; Robyn and Christine prefer one and Meri and Kody prefer another; Janelle is the tie-breaker and her decision is surprising; they make an offer and the response is sobering.

Janelle is the tie-breaker? I'm surprised they EVER bought any property, then.

Ha, the offer-response is sobering! Did they think the owners would just hand over the property on the Brown's terms, like what happened in Vegas? Spoiled little shits.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I saw FT in the background at the new site, they may have brought him along for financial advice.

HAHAHAHA!  Did he bring his stuffed toy menagerie along for support?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

You mean they let Meri have a full vote?

No, it was probably like the cake tasting where she was invited to attend but her opinion would not be taken into account.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Why didn't Kody ask how much it would cost to "pull utilities"?  If it includes water and sewer, it could be astronomical.  I know someone who had to replace their sewer line, ~75' to the back alley, and it cost Cdn$10,000.

Is Robyn menopausal? She keeps fanning herself.

The colour scheme looks like a girl-baby shower.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
Just now, deirdra said:

I noticed that too.  I was wondering if the air conditioning didn't work but no one else seemed to be bothered.

• Love 2

Kody always saying the quiet part out loud, that he only cares about Sol and Arielle ( or whatever her name is) and these dolts go along with it to the detriment of their children.

• Love 10

What he just realized was that he will have to stick to a strict visitation schedule again. Which means an entire day and night with Meri? An entire day and night with Janelle?

Right now, he can bee bop between Robyn and Christine all day and then only visit Janelle occasionally. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I noticed in Robyn's talking head parts her eyes don't stay focused  ~  it's like they are constantly rolling around almost like it's part of her thinking process.  It could be something as simple as being told to not look directly into the camera or something but I found it curious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I do kind of agree with Robyn about worrying about a forest fire in the Cottonwood property. That was the first thing I thought of when there were there. Not that there couldn't be a fire in the open desert, but that forest looked so dry and Coyote Canyon seemed to be mostly dirt.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

I do kind of agree with Robyn about worrying about a forest fire in the Cottonwood property. That was the first thing I thought of when there were there. Not that there couldn't be a fire in the open desert, but that forest looked so dry and Coyote Canyon seemed to be mostly dirt.

Especially since at Cottonwood they would have to truck in water - there was no well on site and city water didn't reach that far out.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, endure said:

I noticed in Robyn's talking head parts her eyes don't stay focused  ~  it's like they are constantly rolling around almost like it's part of her thinking process.  It could be something as simple as being told to not look directly into the camera or something but I found it curious.

I do this a lot. I kind of stare up at the wall with eyes unfocused, 'searching' for my words and answers. It's my way of tuning out all the visual noise so I can collect my thoughts. I'm not saying that's what Robyn is doing, but maybe? 

• Love 7

"We're a transient family."  Christine, you should have gotten that out of your system before you had all of these poor kids.

Janelle, I'm so disappointed you're more interested in trees and camping than the stability and happiness of some of your kids.

Meri, moving to Arizona will place you further away from Mariah and your bed and breakfast.

Regarding Robyn, I have conflicting thoughts.  Am I the only one who doesn't hate her?

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I dont find him repulsive at all, I think he's quite cute and seems like a nice guy.

Nearly every time he opens his mouth, he insults Aspyn, to which she giggles at the camera like, "Oh, that Mitch!"

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

“I am the fourth wife.  I know my place.”  Said the woman who trampled over three others to become the legal wife.  All of a sudden, Kody doesn’t want to be away from his kids?!  I am glad that Christine pointed out that it never bothered him before.  I’ve noticed that when he talks about his kids, he only mentions Sol and Ariella. 

Since when does the groom to be attends the bridal shower?

All fantastic points!!!    

• Love 19
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Why didn't Kody ask how much it would cost to "pull utilities"?  If it includes water and sewer, it could be astronomical.  I know someone who had to replace their sewer line, ~75' to the back alley, and it cost Cdn$10,000.

THANK YOU!!  I was SERIOUSLY wondering about that myself!   It's VERY $$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

I noticed that too.  I was wondering if the air conditioning didn't work but no one else seemed to be bothered.

Maybe she is feeling guilty at the way she orchestrates everything to go her way.

26 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I dont find him repulsive at all, I think he's quite cute and seems like a nice guy.

I agree.     But I have been wondering lately - is there ANYTHING you don't like about this family?  lol

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

No, there are a couple of other people here who like her.

I like Robyn.  I think she is just misunderstood.  

13 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't see that at all.

Mitch has dry sarcastic humor and Aspyn enjoys it.  

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Maybe she is feeling guilty at the way she orchestrates everything to go her way.

I agree.     But I have been wondering lately - is there ANYTHING you don't like about this family?  lol

Hahaha! I'm so busted! 😄

I've confessed before, I do like most of them at least a little bit lol.  And I do believe that they get a lot of unfair criticism. They get a lot of completely fair criticism too, don't get me wrong, but sometimes people pull things out of thin air in order to say something bad about one or the other of them. The vitriol against Mitch really bugs me, because I have seen nothing to warrant the nasty things that have been said about him.

That being said, Meri can definitely be a pill, and as I've mentioned before, Tony and Mykelti have provided some fodder for snark.  And I'm afraid my eyes are going to get stuck with how often I roll them when reading Janelle's Strive posts.  And let's not forget Mariah's artsy fartsy silliness. But I still cut her a little bit of slack, because like I've said before, if you can't be a pretentious twit when you're in your twenties, when can you?

Edited by Gothish520
Spelling
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Hahaha! I'm so busted! 😄

I've confessed before, I do like most of them at least a little bit lol.  And I do believe that they get a lot of unfair criticism. They get a lot of completely fair criticism too, don't get me wrong, but sometimes people pull things out of thin air in order to say something bad about one or the other of them. The vitriol against Mitch really bugs me, because I have seen nothing to warrant the nasty things that have been said about him.

That being said, Meri can definitely be a pill, and as I've mentioned before, Tony and Mykelti have provided some fodder for snark.  And I'm afraid my eyes are going to get stuck with how often I roll them when reading Janelle's Strive posts.  And let's not forget Mariah's artsy farty silliness. But I still cut her a little bit of slack, because like I've said before, if you can't be a pretentious twit when you're in your twenties, when can you?

Yeah, Tony really shot himself in the foot that one season, so he is hard to like.   Mariah to me is a typical self-absorbed 20-something kid.   And Janelle's Strive posts are just so ironically funny.   I like all of the wives except Robyn and all of the kids are ok except Tony.  I don't even dislike Kody, but I loathe his hair and Leprechaun goatee.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

My pagan heart died a thousand deaths listening to Aspyn define handfasting.  

I have no idea except that he was so focused on that property and getting rid of the restrictions on the sale that he probably didn't think much about it especially since at that point they thought (thanks to Mona the realtor) that Vegas was a hot market and they could unload the houses quickly at a great profit.   A friend had to replace their underground electric wire from the street to the house at a cost of $7500, and I doubt the distance was more than 20 feet.  I would think "pulling utilities" would cost a small fortune.  Maybe he did look into it, but they didn't show that discussion and recreated the phone call for the camera.  That could explain the lack of reaction to that bit of news. 

Is there a trend for DIY wedding canopies?  The Duggars made one for the wedding of JohnDavid and Abbie, and now Mitch is making one for his wedding.  

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Since when does the groom to be attends the bridal shower?

I was surprised he was there for the whole shower.  I got married in the Dark Ages and didn't even think of including Mr Twopper, but when our daughter got married 3 years ago, things were different.   She invited her dad, brother, and the groom to come for the last 30 minutes of the shower so they could meet people and get a bite to eat.   The shower was in our home town, and it gave the groom a chance to meet a lot of the people that would be attending the wedding since he never lived in our city and had only visited a few times.

I have a question about the prairie dogs and the plague.   I live in the Eastern US and have no knowledge of prairie dogs.   Will the prairie dogs be a nuisance for them or will they leave when the houses go up?   And is it good to be around prairie dogs that are sick?   I would have been gone from there in a hurry when the realtor said that.

I am so sleepy that I messed up the quoting again.  I missed the part about "handfasting"--hope I haven't erased the episode.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I have a question about the prairie dogs and the plague.   I live in the Eastern US and have no knowledge of prairie dogs.   Will the prairie dogs be a nuisance for them or will they leave when the houses go up?   And is it good to be around prairie dogs that are sick?   I would have been gone from there in a hurry when the realtor said that.

We have a lot of prairie dog towns around here.  Or used to, anyway.  Sometimes they will send a crew to trap and release the prairie dogs elsewhere when they build, but usually they just bulldoze them under the ground and kill them.    They're aren't humane, but to many they are just rodents.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/colorado-developer-bulldozes-over-live-prairie-dogs

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Janelle, I'm so disappointed you're more interested in trees and camping than the stability and happiness of some of your kids.

This is the woman who insisted on fishing THE MORNING OF HER DAUGHTER'S WEDDING!!!! She avoids anything uncomfortable and unpleasant, though why being there for your daughter on her wedding day was deemed unpleasant for her, I'll never know.  

• Love 14

How many of you are as sick of hearing about angels singing as I am?  Really?  Do angels follow the Browns and collectively sing whenever they stumble upon great dirt?  No angels sang in Las Vegas when they bought those houses.  Maybe Arizona is their plyg promised land. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, answerphone said:

"We're a transient family."  Christine, you should have gotten that out of your system before you had all of these poor kids.

Meri, moving to Arizona will place you further away from Mariah and your bed and breakfast.

Regarding Robyn, I have conflicting thoughts.  Am I the only one who doesn't hate her?

I don't hate her, I'm enjoying her this season cuz she's running the show and the other wives are following along like idiots. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Bananas1313 said:

In one of the scenes, when kody was trying on the kilt (at Christine’s?), the background calendar said April? I’m confused.

Well they keep saying that they want to move by August to get the kids started in school so I guess last April makes sense?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

If there’s a reunion or wrap-up this season, I hope the moderator nails them on this ridiculous move.  The huge cost, the debt they must be incurring, the rentals, the LV homes not selling, separating the family, the huge disruption to the older kids’ lives, school, etc...

The moderator will ask some lame softball question, Kody will give some non-answer and the moderator will move on to the next question.  They are NEVER asked any real questions on the tell nothing,

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

I read the posts in this thread and if I missed someone mentioning this I apologize ... but on re-watching, at about the 20 minutes left in this episode mark Kody said "If we don't sell the homes in LV we cannot build." He didn't say "at least 2 or 3 of the LV homes," he said "the homes." So here they are, all this real-time later, which we know about now, and only one home has sold.  

And fongool with his tears about Ariella's precious moments and stages that he wants to soak in - alllll the other kids had moments and stages that evidently meant very little because he never cried about them. When you're underage you're a tax deduction, when you turn 18 you need to hit the fuckin' road. His tears are not about Ari, they're about him, what he's saying goodbye to, what he won't have again. Boo freakin' hoo. 

• Love 23