Type keyword(s) to search

Rory Williams: Mr. Pond

Lisin
  • Start Topic

So I'm reading a news story yesterday about a shuttle bus that crashed at O'Hare Airport in the early morning hours and ran into this...

Two firefighters on their way to work were the first at the scene of a shuttle bus crash at O'Hare International Airport this morning..... Robert Gembala, assigned to the rescue station at O'Hare.....Gembala said he grabbed a medical kit from his car and rushed to the bus, where he was joined by another firefighter, Rory Williams, who had been driving a few cars behind the bus.  Williams checked on the driver, who was pinned against the steering, then grabbed a ball-peen hammer from his car and broke a window to free her.

And I'm thinking, of COURSE Rory saved the driver! 

And then I'm thinking, if Rory's around, then it really was a spaceship that landed on Soldier Field a few years back.   And I don't want to be around when Cloudgate hatches in Millenium Park. 

• Love 5

Loved Amy from the first clip of her, praying to Santa (heh) and like Rory immediately, but as soon as he showed up in the Roman Centurion, it hit a whole new level.  Oof.  No wonder Amy made him wear it again on their honeymoon.  Hell yeah I would too!  So loved Amy and Rory - the last epsiode with the angels amost made me angry - felt way too abrupt a send off to them after how great they were. 

• Love 5

First time trying to post a picture....

This morning, the first pop ad was an ad for "Agents of Tomorrow"  It contained the  right side of this photo.

arthur-darvill-legends-oof-tomorrow-thec

Hello!, Mr. Williams!  Or Yowza! as your old friend the Doctor would say.  Can you please come back to the show?

• Love 4

I'm usually pretty reluctant to watch the regeneration episodes (I still haven't seen 10's) but I stumbled on 11's while watching christmas specials and was extremely disappointed to only see Amy before 11 became 12. No Rory? I always disliked how he was so secondary to Amy when he was imo so much better (nothing against Karen G she's great). 

Elle, when you first posted that I saw it, but had some kind of delayed reaction. Saw it again just now and thought, I need to find out more about that. (I admit it, had to look it up - here it's called Legends of Tomorrow, probably to avoid confusion with Agents of Shield.) But anyway, it's in my Netflix queue now - thanks. My theory - one of the reasons he looks so handsome in that picture is because he looks like a Browncoat. Ding...dong!

On 1/4/2018 at 2:31 PM, RedHackle said:

Elle, when you first posted that I saw it, but had some kind of delayed reaction. Saw it again just now and thought, I need to find out more about that. (I admit it, had to look it up - here it's called Legends of Tomorrow, probably to avoid confusion with Agents of Shield.) But anyway, it's in my Netflix queue now - thanks. My theory - one of the reasons he looks so handsome in that picture is because he looks like a Browncoat. Ding...dong!

Talk about delayed reactions! I did not see this post two years ago.  You were correct about the name of the show, I got it all mixed up four years ago.  I watched when I could then stopped watching after Arthur Darvill left.  I think it is the beard that adds to his handsome features.  I do see how you would get Firefly vibes from that photo.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, VCRTracking said:

Just finished season 5 and man, Rory set the bar for boyfriends HIGH.

Yes, he does!

• Love 1