Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree with Sunny.  How mediocre (or I prefer the word dumb) do these kids have to be that with every advantage available to them and they still have to cheat to get into good colleges.  If you aren't good enough for USC or Yale then apply to a college you are good enough for. I think these kids should be expelled. They don't deserve to be there.

And once you are in, then what? Cheat your whole way through or quit?  If can't get in the school how is it comfortable to know that you're so completely unqualified.  The parents totally set the kids up for failure. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
4 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

And once you are in, then what? Cheat your whole way through or quit?  If can't get in the school how is it comfortable to know that you're so completely unqualified.  The parents totally set the kids up for failure. 

One of Lori Loughlin's kids has said she just basically wants to be in college for the games and the partying. Said she didn't really care for school.  This was before the scandal.  So I guess she won't really care.

And yes Sunny America is ready for a bunch of rich people trying to rig things for their kids to go to jail.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

One of Lori Loughlin's kids has said she just basically wants to be in college for the games and the partying. Said she didn't really care for school.  This was before the scandal.  So I guess she won't really care.

I saw the clip on an earlier morning news show. Her classmates, professors, ect. certainly are aware of the situation by now. I don't think I'd be able to show my face on campus again if I were her or any of these kids.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

Meghan is so transparent. Of course, she would make a big deal about her family's support of ASU (Arizona State University) and make no mention of the fact that she didn't attend ASU she went to Columbia. (An Ivy League School).

Maybe the "McCain" center (or whatever it is) wasn't at ASU when Meghan went to college.

It is the only reason ASU is even in her thoughts.

• Love 3

I was watching Beverly Hills Houswives last night. (Dont judge😂) and I was thinking as I watched Meghan's favorite Erika, I thought,  Meghan thinks she looks like her or is like her. Stay with me, Erika and Meghan have a similar look.  Erika is  definitely thicker than the other howives but she's not fat. E makes a big deal of what an ice princess she is and what a  tough no nonsense chick she is and hangs with only gay men. Meghan thinks she's the short stubby Erika Jane 😂😂 

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Maybe the "McCain" center (or whatever it is) wasn't at ASU when Meghan went to college.

It is the only reason ASU is even in her thoughts.

As she rambled about Lori Laughlin's husband I wondered when did he dis ASU? In the past? Has Meghan  been holding onto her anger till now, and finally had a chance to fillet him. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

As she rambled about Lori Laughlin's husband I wondered when did he dis ASU? In the past? Has Meghan  been holding onto her anger till now, and finally had a chance to fillet him. 😁

It was in the bribery scandal documents that he said he didn't want his kids to go there.  She didn't even know who he was before it happened.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why did Meghan not understand that Joy was talking about Legacy acceptance into certain schools? Is her head so full of her own words she can't stop to understand what the damn conversation is about?

Because she is an idiot and I don't think she understood what the damn conversation was about.  She heard "legacy" and thought "fambly".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Ah-bee drinks hot chocolate. I thought Mormons couldn't have caffeine. 

Abby left the Mormon church. I couldn't be bothered to listen to her story (gimme something I can skim), but you can watch it here:

4 minutes ago, bannana said:

Nutmeg's rapid fire, angry diatribe about ASU was pretty much unintelligible.  Joy kept trying to go to break and NutMeg kept blathering on, and even put her hand up toward Joy, indicating she is not stopping until she is finished.   So she keeps rat a tatting off of her blue cards, including saying that there is a huge scandal at Harvard because they have too many Asians.  I went, WTF?  That sounds pretty racist to me, but no one even questioned it.  NutMeg finally finishes her filibuster, and looks like she may stroke out.  Then Joy mentions the legacy policy, which began with universities a  long time ago wanting to keep out certain people of means.  NutMeg gets completely wound up again and defensively blathers on about her family's legacy.  Joy explains that is not what she is talking about, and NutMeg pouts that she is proud of her family's legacy.  Oh, and she barely corrects herself re the flub she made, when the producers tell her in her ear that the scandal was that there are not enough Asian students.  

The thing is, I do think Meghan comprehended the topic at first, because she specifically mentioned her family's history at the Naval Academy, not just in the military. I think her point was going to be something like: because of my father, grandfather, and great-grandfather's service to this country, they earned admission to the academy for their children. It's not the worst argument, where legacy admits are concerned (but doesn't win me over).

I then think that when Joy pushed back about how legacy systems admit kids with lesser grades just because of their connections, and Meghan started bragging that her brother(s?) had the grades, she realized she didn't want to catch the heat that was going to come from making that argument, so then she decided to dumb it down to a general "my family's legacy" argument to give herself an exit.

She's dumb, but she's not stupid. She knew she was going to be arguing for legacy admissions over merit-based ones, and that she would be in for a bigger ration of shit, so she just decided to punt and play the "my family's service" card. 

My son's friend (and academic rival) was admitted to the Air Force academy this year (well, in 2018 after H.S. graduation). This is an extremely bright, hard-working, involved boy, who was one of the top-five kids in their class. His test scores were unimpeachable. He worked his tush off to get in shape to even get accepted. He had to get recommendations, I think from one (or both) of our senators. He earned that. I don't know how well Meghan's brothers did in H.S. If they weren't top students though, I don't think they're due such an elite education, just because of their dad and grandfathers' service.

• Love 17

Have not seen Jay Leno in a long time but his face looked so puffy it was distracting.  Hopefully he is ok.    His story about Rodney’s stroke was interesting.  One of my coworkers had a mini stroke at work a few years back.  We all knew something wasn’t right with her but where shocked she had a mini stroke. She was only 50.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree with Sunny.  How mediocre (or I prefer the word dumb) do these kids have to be that with every advantage available to them and they still have to cheat to get into good colleges.  If you aren't good enough for USC or Yale then apply to a college you are good enough for. I think these kids should be expelled. They don't deserve to be there.

Exactly!  If the kids were smart enough to do the college classes they wouldn't need to cheat to get in.

They can't pass the college classes without cheating, so why are they there?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Well, in the case of Olivia Jade, the Instagram Star, famous for nothing but being the daughter of a (minor) celeb, she was there for the partying and game days.  And it only cost her mom, Aunt Becky half a mill!

Lori Loughlin does a cheesy mystery show Hallmark Mystery  channel.  I love them  they're good on Saturdays and Sundays after a few cooking shows as I cook and  clean, ect. Anyway my point is I just read that Lori few into LA from Canada where she was filming a Hallmark movie to turn herself into to LAPD. Ugh, if this damn scandal messes up my cheesy mysteries I might be as unhinged as MM. J/k.  It's all just crazy. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Anyway my point is I just read that Lori few into LA from Canada where she was filming a Hallmark movie to turn herself into to LAPD. Ugh, if this damn scandal messes up my cheesy mysteries I might be as unhinged as MM. J/k.  It's all just crazy. 

If she becomes a convicted felon, doubt Hallmark is keeping her on their payroll!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Lori Loughlin does a cheesy mystery show Hallmark Mystery  channel.  I love them  they're good on Saturdays and Sundays after a few cooking shows as I cook and  clean, ect. Anyway my point is I just read that Lori few into LA from Canada where she was filming a Hallmark movie to turn herself into to LAPD. Ugh, if this damn scandal messes up my cheesy mysteries I might be as unhinged as MM. J/k.  It's all just crazy. 

I watch them too, or I used to anyway.  Cheesy, but a diversion, always with a happy ending. I cannot imagine that Hallmark Channel will keep her now.  Even if she doesn't end up going to jail, I think she's done now.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, debbie311 said:

I watch them too, or I used to anyway.  Cheesy, but a diversion, always with a happy ending. I cannot imagine that Hallmark Channel will keep her now.  Even if she doesn't end up going to jail, I think she's done now.

I'm sure she won't be on "Fuller House" anymore, either. I never watched it but that's another stream of income she'll be losing out on due to her greed.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, OnTime said:

If she becomes a convicted felon, doubt Hallmark is keeping her on their payroll!

13 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I watch them too. Garage Sale Mysteries.  But yeah if I was Hallmark I would cut  her loose.  This makes her and Felicity Huffman look so bad.  Like we all know rich celebs live a different kind of life but this is just so wrong.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Yeah, I try not to watch anything about politics on the weekends so those movie and food network  are my go to. I think you are right. No more Garage Sale Mysteries. Oh well , there is plenty more to choose from. 

Ana should be happy,  Trump just grounded those planes. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I watch them too. Garage Sale Mysteries.  But yeah if I was Hallmark I would cut  her loose.  This makes her and Felicity Huffman look so bad.  Like we all know rich celebs live a different kind of life but this is just so wrong.

I always liked both actress. Yeah, this so wrong. 

Garage Sale Mysteries was my favorite.  But yep there is plenty more to choose from. Hallmark won't keep her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan McCain on today's show, a summary:  

Hot topic -  college admission scandal

Meghan: " I WENT TO COLLEGE!" 

HT: they didn't want their kid to go to a state school, like ASU

Meghan:  "ASU!   ARIZONA!  MY STATE!  MY FATHER'S STATE! HOW DARE THEY! MY FAMILY'S INCREDIBLE TIMES 3  BUILDING!"

Joy:  some kids are admitted because of "family legacy"

Meghan:  "MY FAMILY LEGACY!  NAVAL ACADEMY! MY FATHER!  MY GRANDFATHER! I'M PROUD OF MY FAMILY LEGACY!"

Our guest today is Jay Leno!

Meghan:  "I WAS ON YOUR SHOW!  YOU LIKED MY FATHER!"   

PLEASE tweet this at Meghan. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
40 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

and watch McDaddy’s face hit the floor. 

Thank you for this hilarious nickname for Meghan. Absolute gold.

2 hours ago, bannana said:

Nutmeg's rapid fire, angry diatribe about ASU was pretty much unintelligible.  

Because they, the good people of ASU: Home of the McCain Somethingorother, are the true victims in all this. The fact that the already-privileged are breaking the law to gain even more privilege in a rigged higher education admissions system is secondary to the fact that the lawbreakers didn't think ASU was worth the effort. Thank goodness we have Meghan to put this all in perspective for us. /sarcasm 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Nutmeg's rapid fire, angry diatribe about ASU was pretty much unintelligible.  So she keeps rat a tatting off of her blue cards, including saying that there is a huge scandal at Harvard because they have too many Asians.Oh, and she barely corrects herself re the flub she made, when the producers tell her in her ear that the scandal was that there are not enough Asian students.  

This shows perfectly what a phony baloney Meghan is . She's passionately arguing her case and has to refer to her wrong blue cards to make her point . If she cared that much , don't you think she would know the basic reason for the argument off the top of her head and not have to check her cards just to be sure ? She's only talking to hear herself speak

And , oh good , another story about her father despite the fact that she's been told people are sick of them . What do the people know anyways ? I can't wait until the sure to be touching story about her coming downstairs for breakfast , her father was at the table and he said good morning to her . I'm getting all choked up just writing it .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I laughed when McCain was upset over Joy’s criticism of the tradition of letting a previous student’s children into a college unfairly over students who actually have the grades,  because Joy wasn’t even talking to her or about her. Unconscious guilt, methinks? lol

Maybe Joy was talking about MM's family.  Probably a sore spot for MM. NutMeg's father was a legacy candidate. Graduated 3rd from the bottom of his class at Annapolis as I recall. G.W. Bush graduated from Yale with a gentleman's C, and I won't go into the current situation.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18

John McCain's daughter couldn't bother to say aunt becky's name. Nobody knows Lori's husband name, were does he get off criticizing ASU. John McCain's daughter is part of a legacy, how dare you. 🙄🙄🙄

MM saying nobody knows the guys name reminded me of the time Joy was talking about something and MM tell her that she(joy) is not an EGOT winner.

Edited by falltime
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

HEY Meghan, Your narcissism is showing.  Again.  Every day, every segment, every topic, can only be seen through the lens of her.  Me, me, me.  My, my, my.  Narcissists are incapable of doing anything but. 

This has always been a problem with her, but when it is contrasted against the other ladies; who are fully capable and willing to climb outside of their own asses and see things from the perspective of everybody, not just themselves, it is really glaringly bad. 

People like her don't belong on a panel.  It is a total waste of a chair.  She is a total waste of space. 

I don't have anything to add but wanted to repost this.

4 hours ago, bannana said:

Then Joy mentions the legacy policy, which began with universities a  long time ago wanting to keep out certain people of means.  NutMeg gets completely wound up again and defensively blathers on about her family's legacy.  Joy explains that is not what she is talking about, and NutMeg pouts that she is proud of her family's legacy.

OMG!  She lost her mind on that one.

10 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Maybe Joy was talking about MM's family.  Probably a sore spot for MM. NutMeg's father was a legacy candidate. Graduated 3rd from the bottom of his class at Annapolis as I recall. G.W. Bush graduated from Yale with a gentleman's C, and I won't go into the current situation.

I had forgotten about that.  Nothing wrong with getting through the school and then being a hero in a war.

Aunt Becky's daughter's video talking about how she does not like school and hopes her school will just understand why she isn't there was all kinds of awesome.

Regarding ASU dis - I graduated from Wayne State University in the heart of Detroit and many people have asked me if I was robbed, assaulted etc.  It is a great school and we don't need suburban people who can't be open minded at WSU.  I never get all riled up.

• Love 13

Legacies are totally a way to keep peeps out of things..it also involves the Greek system as well.  Because I didnt have family members in a frat, I was crossed off the list..including not shopping at the right stores or coming from a higher class family.  It was educational for me and motivated me to follow my passions instead of changing to fit into someones idea of what I should be.

What's funny about Lori loughlins daughter is that she didn't even want 5o go.

Here is a vid from dec. 2017..6 minute mark..always gave me pause..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dtC6o8i1yhg&t=367s

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I was watching Beverly Hills Houswives last night. (Dont judge😂) and I was thinking as I watched Meghan's favorite Erika, I thought,  Meghan thinks she looks like her or is like her. Stay with me, Erika and Meghan have a similar look.  Erika is  definitely thicker than the other howives but she's not fat. E makes a big deal of what an ice princess she is and what a  tough no nonsense chick she is and hangs with only gay men. Meghan thinks she's the short stubby Erika Jane 😂😂 

Meghan should try to get on that show for her own amusement. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Wouldn't you love to see Meghan's SAT scores and her college transcript?  Since her degree has zero to do with her chosen occupation I'm guessing she didn't do well in school.

I doubt that MM did her own work.  I just don't see her burning the midnight oil studying.  I also believe that she was probably given passing grades due to her name.  I believe it's a common practice everywhere.  

I worked in the Financial Aid Office of a midwestern university (known for excelling sports) as an undergraduate.  We were giving out "vouchers" to athletes for everything...books, tuition, clothes,  food,  transportation, housing,  etc.  These were grants.....no loans to pay back. I was in class  with some of them,  when they deigned to attend, but they passed. 

Also, the married director of the Fin Aid Office gave his sidepiece, I mean, girlfriend, a ton of $ grants...no loans...when she decided to go back to school. She bought new furniture, a car, etc.  No shame.  We all knew about it in the office,  cuz the info was part of our records...no computers then.....we typed/carbon copied everything.  

Oh, I was lower middle class and did not qualify for any aid, except a couple of $250 loans. Laughable. I worked my way through school cuz my parents cd not afford to pay...even though only my dad worked --full time--and i had 3 siblings. No soup for me.

Later years, when I was in my 30's, A friend of mine taught at that university and was very upset to find that she was supposed to give passing grades to ceryain students that rarely attended, much less do the work. She was really conflicted, but as a new professor, she wanted to keep her job. She went along with it.  

I hate MM. She gave a infomercial for her family, yet again. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, OnTime said:

No, but Lifetime will be making a movie about it all very soon!  😉

4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm sure she won't be on "Fuller House" anymore, either. I never watched it but that's another stream of income she'll be losing out on due to her greed.

I wonder what "holier than thou" Bible-thumping, former View cohost, Candace Cameron Bure, has to say about all of this!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 4
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan McCain on today's show, a summary:  

Hot topic -  college admission scandal

Meghan: " I WENT TO COLLEGE!" 

HT: they didn't want their kid to go to a state school, like ASU

Meghan:  "ASU!   ARIZONA!  MY STATE!  MY FATHER'S STATE! HOW DARE THEY! MY FAMILY'S INCREDIBLE TIMES 3  BUILDING!"

Joy:  some kids are admitted because of "family legacy"

Meghan:  "MY FAMILY LEGACY!  NAVAL ACADEMY! MY FATHER!  MY GRANDFATHER! I'M PROUD OF MY FAMILY LEGACY!"

Our guest today is Jay Leno!

Meghan:  "I WAS ON YOUR SHOW!  YOU LIKED MY FATHER!"   

And, as far as I know, the most interesting thing about all of this, is that ASU was NOT one of the schools that were involved in this scandal.  Meghan muddied the waters of the news by constantly mentioning ASU in regards to this.  Just because Mossimo Giannulli* (by the way, Meghan, he's a pretty famous fashion designer - no wonder you didn't know who he was!) mentioned ASU as a less than desirable school choice for his little snowflakes.  

*ETA - Just in case anyone else was wondering - Lori Loughlin's ("Aunt Becky") husband, Mossimo Giannulli is an affordable fashion designer who's clothes are/were sold at Target - I'm betting everyone here has at least one t-shirt or basic sweater from Mossimo in their closet, if they ever shopped at Target! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay gals and guys....just bet me that somebody paid for RBM to get into Columbia.....that's another reason she was drooling mad today.

Oh absolutely! Meghan is totally the mediocre type that Sunny was talking about today. That had me cracking up. The women on the panel can't be that naïve, they surely know what they're doing when they say stuff like that. I love it!

• LOL 5
  • Love 11