Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I wish I could link The Majority Report ( pod cast?) really slammed  Megan and praised  Sunny for last weeks fake tears and  for bringing up Joe Lieberman as a friend. . Just watched again and I think they start with a quote from the Federalist

It does re enforce the  strong possibility that she was not sick. . 

Please Abby go on maternity leave now. 

• Love 16

I love joy keeping Meghan in check...buy I miss Whoopi cause she kept Sunny 8n check.  Man..sunny and Meghan are more alike than i thought in some respects.  Perfect compromise would be for joy to keep Meghan in check while whoopi keeps sunny in check..while Abby reads the news..and Ana just stays being funny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

So did Abby let the cat out of the bag that someone is coming on tomorrow with Colton, The Bachelor?

Doesn't she realize most of this show is scripted?

This was odd.  Abby said she saw on their schedule that it was Colton + TBD.  Then later someone must have talked into her ear because she kind of switched gears mid-topic to say that he may come alone.  The don't know.  Then NutMeg screechily interrupted her to mock her for spilling the TBD potential person, and said that she was exposed now.  But at the end of the show, the promo tomorrow teased that it would be Colton and maybe a special guest.  WTF!  The annoying part was Nutmeg's glee in mocking Abby for what she assumed was a gaffe.

NutMeg started her comment re the airplane crash "my father" and then did that weird thing where she says she knows she is going to be criticized for talking about her father, but said she will continue with this one because it was a good story.  So this tells me she spends a lot of time reading comments on social media, unless the cohosts or producers are telling her to stop talking about her father.  It was similar to when she admitted that people think she should stop talking about grieving.  I think reading social media puts her in a foul mood.

Re the Tim Apple topic.   They were all over the place on this and they missed the best part of the story.  First the video of Trump saying Tim Apple was picked up by news etc, and people laughed about it. But he has done this with many names, there's a montage out there that puts them all together.  So it was not much of a story, just sort of a tee hee moment.  But then after that, he came out and said that he did not say Tim Apple, he said Tim Cook...Apple, and that he just said the Cook part softly.  Then the media ran the original footage again, and one can clearly see/hear that he never said Cook, he just said Tim Apple.  Then when that happened, he tweeted that he was saying Tim Apple to be efficient.  Because he likes to save words when he rambles on for hours about nonsense.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Did Abby really pronounce Cole's Riverdale character as "Judge-head"?

1 hour ago, falltime said:

I heard that too, my closed captions wrote jughead correctly though.

I heard the same thing, and thought my distaste for Abby was just causing me to assume she's always an idiot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I think that Colton + TBD was written up in their schedule early on, meaning that Colton would appear along with whichever woman he chose. Since he didn't choose anyone, he may very well show up alone. 

• Love 4

A couple of subtle things happened today that make it clear to me that everyone must have really had it with Meghan. No mention of her being back today, no "Welcome back Meghan" or "We have Meghan back" after she was "sick" yesterday, just completely ignored. Also, in the past when someone like say Hasselbeck made a fool of herself, you could be sure that the next day all the women would be pulling together to make her look better, talking about how "we all love each other on this show". None of that today either. They're so over her, haha. And this is a good thing too, I've never understood why these women all had to love each other.

It really struck me today that Ana is a very funny lady, she's enjoyable to have around. I loved her denim look. Joy and her have a way of making casual clothing look really great.

Meghan is just off the wall, as mentioned above it is so hilarious how she sits there with this miserable expression while everyone else is laughing. And that story about her father was ridiculous. She acknowledges people are sick of hearing about her father but "stick with me because this is a good one" and then proceeds to tell a complete non-story about it, something that has no pay-off at all. That was hilarious.

49 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I wish I could link The Majority Report ( pod cast?) really slammed  Megan and praised  Sunny for last weeks fake tears and  for bringing up Joe Lieberman as a friend. . Just watched again and I think they start with a quote from the Federalist

Thanks for mentioning this, it sounds interesting. I will do a search and see if I can find it to listen to.

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Thanks for mentioning this, it sounds interesting. I will do a search and see if I can find it to listen to.

It was a video that popped up on FB And now I can find it on YouTube. 

A good point they were making besides she’s never had to work for a thing her life is that so many people get their information from The  View , and to blatantly make stuff up and repeat it as fact is crap. 

Before it becomes OT I agree about Ana does seem like she’s fun, she laughs and makes fun of herself etc.  She  has no need to tell us what a tough chick she is.  Although Joy is compassionate I remember how she feels about someone crying on the job.  Actually Abby is always stating who she is also, the left women don’t explain themselves. Bitsy as a mom lead in is sounding familiar. MM has no lap to crawl into for comfort once Abby stays home.  I’m sure she’s beside herself with the anticipation of virgin guy showing up. Yawning with eye roll. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Yesterday, I was sitting in my dentist's chair in the middle of a procedure when a Michael Jackson song played on their sound system. I immediately thought of Abby saying she would walk out of a public place if an MJ song came on. Personal dilemma...do I tell the dentist to stop and bust out of that office? But then I remembered that Abby calmly remained sitting when they showed a video of MJ singing in the next segment so all is good, so drill, carry on.

What's up with Cole Sprouse's hair? Too dark, long,  an greasy. Also, he sat hunched over the whole interview!

I wanted Joy to smooth his hair flat like Roseanne Connor did to Mark. 

Cole Sprouse was a cute child actor. I loved him in Big Daddy back when I could stand to watch Adam Sandler.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

It was a video that popped up on FB And now I can find it on YouTube. 

A good point they were making besides she’s never had to work for a thing her life is that so many people get their information from The  View , and to blatantly make stuff up and repeat it as fact is crap. 

Before it becomes OT I agree about Ana does seem like she’s fun, she laughs and makes fun of herself etc.  She  has no need to tell us what a tough chick she is.  Although Joy is compassionate I remember how she feels about someone crying on the job.  Actually Abby is always stating who she is also, the left women don’t explain themselves. Bitsy as a mom lead in is sounding familiar. MM has no lap to crawl into for comfort once Abby stays home.  I’m sure she’s beside herself with the anticipation of virgin guy showing up. Yawning with eye roll. 

Here it is.

The whole Abby Huntsman's statement on AOC was so infuriating.  Her interpretation was not even close to what AOC said.  I love her look of shock, when Sunny brought up the quote, after the commercial break.  She looked like she got her hand caught in a jar of cookies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
On 3/11/2019 at 2:18 PM, HaaCHOO said:

I'd bet Meghan is spitting nails while watching the show because NO ONE can "debate" (providing impeccable statistics, of course) like Meghan, her attitude, and her Blue Cards.  "I shoulda been there!"

"I coulda been a contender."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Question:   Where did NutMeg go to college?  I'm anxious to hear her "opinion" on the college scandal.   Oh okay, here she is.  Dissing Harvard, even though they're not involved in this.   At least not yet.  Leave it to her to drag an elite university through the mud before any allegations have been made against it.   Yet.

Did you know that MM's family goes back generations at the Naval Academy?   She just told us.  Yet again.

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

There goes Meghan derailing the conversation again. That's not what they're talking about.  And yes, we're tired of you talking about your family.  And taking every comment personally, even if it has nothing to do with you.  Why is she always so defensive?

Columbia. And you can be damn sure it was because of her name. 

And/or endowments or donations.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

And, again, she turned the whole conversation around and back to HER family.  If ASU is so great (not saying it isn't....) why didn't she go there instead of Columbia

She wouldn't care about ASU if it didn't have some "McCain" building or center. Can't even remember what she said.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She wouldn't care about ASU if it didn't have some "McCain" building or center. Can't even remember what she said.

Don't fret.   She doesn't even remember what she said.  She just had to throw in her family name somewhere, and she also had to derail the actual topic, because my spidey sense is detecting a huge guilty conscience.

p.s.  Edited to mean "fear of discovery".   Not sure how much of a conscience she has. 

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

On some deeply subconscious level, NutMeg knows that she's at a place in life that she didn't earn and only got because of her family connections.  That's why she's acting so freaking defensive about this college admittance scandal.   And for all we know, maybe she got into Columbia  in a similar way; she sure is acting weird about this topic, and she never directly discussed the subject.   She just talked about a college she never attended then - of course - her family and the Naval Academy, neither of which had anything to do with what the panel was talking abut. 

She did take a shot at that actress because she is from Hollywood and we all know how Megan and her tribe feel about Hollywood.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

That was totally her way of daring anyone to challenge the supremacy of the McCain name/legacy. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, rollacoaster said:

That was totally her way of daring anyone to challenge the supremacy of the McCain name/legacy. 

Also her way of lording if over the others who don't have college buildings named after their family.   But yeah, Meggie, you got where you are in life totally on your own.  'Kay, whatever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

My God, I just found myself screaming at my television. MehGun just so doesn't get it. She was quiet on the issue because, deep down, she knows she resembles the issue. Glad Joy pushed back on her pathetic attempt to derail the conversation.

I believe Joy said something about how it kept certain "types" of students out, and included Jews in her list.... I have a feeling that's the only reason the segment didn't end with McCain screaming over everyone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

On some deeply subconscious level, NutMeg knows that she's at a place in life that she didn't earn and only got because of her family connections.  That's why she's acting so freaking defensive about this college admittance scandal.   And for all we know, maybe she got into Columbia  in a similar way; she sure is acting weird about this topic, and she never directly discussed the subject. 

Meghan is trying to remember how many times she took her SATs...…. she knows something might come out years later!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She did take a shot at that actress because she is from Hollywood and we all know how Megan and her tribe feel about Hollywood.

They also hate education--particularly colleges. So this topic was like catnip for her. That made it even funnier when the topic turned around on her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

And yet, she is so THIRSTY for acceptance from Hollywood types. She wants so badly to be considered cool.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
23 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’ve never watched an episode of the show but when I saw the clip of the guy jumping the fence with a camera conveniently ready I rolled my eyes. I’m calling it (again, never watched)— the girl who rejected him will have a change of heart and they’ll both be on tomorrow. Romantic Hollywood ending.

And in a month they’ll go their separate ways. 🙄

What I said yesterday.  This was not scripted at all. 🙄🙄

Ugh.  Who cares anyway?  Time to go make lunch. 

• LOL 10
38 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yeah she hates Hollywood so much she complained about not being invited to any parties when she lived there.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

I was concerned that Meghan was having a stroke when she derailed the college admittance scandal because what she was talking about had nothing to do with the subject and she mentioned “Aunt Becky” like she’s a real person.  OK.  I actually wasn’t concerned about her because I don’t care about her, but, I was kind of waiting for her to scream, “I’m coming Elizabeth.” 

• LOL 18
  • Love 6

Meghan is so transparent. Of course, she would make a big deal about her family's support of ASU (Arizona State University) and make no mention of the fact that she didn't attend ASU she went to Columbia. (An Ivy League School).

People like this are really annoying.

• Love 15

Meghan, quit looking to the audience to either clap for your statements or to look at the camera at yourself! Voice your opinion and do not look to others to give their approval! Look at the other hosts and quit looking up when you say things! None of the others do that! I generally like her she just looks crazy staring up in the audience and thanking people for a clap!

• Love 12

Dear God, Meghan!!! 

The earth does not revolve around you and your family. We don’t care!!!

Snd by the way, pay attention to what is being said. Being a legacy is not the same as leaving a family legacy. 

Snd by the way... what were your SAT scores? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

And here Meghan goes again, bringing up how SHE was on Jay Leno's show soooo many times, how GREAT he was to HER father - but she's totally not "humble bragging," guys. She somehow finds a way to ruin every topic, whether due to her shrieking, bringing up her family, whining, crying, derailing - it's never ending.

Love how Joy and Ana mentioned how much of a sense of humor Barack Obama has and Jay Leno agreed, hehe. 

Jay annoyed me with the Conan stuff but I really liked him on here, especially for not taking Meghan's bait -- I think she was steering him down a "Not All Men" path and he downplayed it perfectly. And I liked him and Joy talking about comedy and how it was easier in the days of Clinton's a perv and Bush is dumb. His comment about not doing certain jokes based on the kind of laugh they were getting was really interesting, too. Even Abby had fun talking about how Mormons are creative when making up words to replace curses. But then Meghan had to go into a soliliquoy.

• Love 17