PRIMETIMER
dccfangirl

Show Format: Irritations and Fresh Ideas

2 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

MORE  NO MARSHALL PLEASE!  

Fixed that!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Lol I don't dislike Marshall at all and I don't mind him. But I don't know why some people love him so much and want more of him every season. He's fine, but he's not particularly funny or entertaining or interesting to me. I don't get why he's that loveable or what not. Ha 

• Like 4

Hey @ShellyB, any chance of getting Kyle Hanagami on as a guest choreographer?

• Like 1

I am begging CMT do not torture us with the out of order announcements!!! Its a big pet peeve of mine to watch the last 5 girls supposedly getting called and you can clearly see a veteran behind her that you know has made it 😡

• Like 12

4 hours ago, H3705 said:

I am begging CMT do not torture us with the out of order announcements!!! Its a big pet peeve of mine to watch the last 5 girls supposedly getting called and you can clearly see a veteran behind her that you know has made it 😡

Yes this is one of my biggest peeves about CMT:MTT and “reality” shows in general (and subsequently why arguments on the forums about the girls and/or what “actually” happened are all null and void, IMO).

Following graduation, my college roommate became an editor (more like an editing assistant) for a reality show on a channel that ”used to play music videos.” She said that one takeaway is not to believe most of what you see on those shows (this was well before The Real Housewives shows started...we all know now that “scripted reality” is fairly common practice currently). 

I also very recently found out that one of my current coworkers was filmed for a reality show about his previous career. This was on a much different TV channel than my college roommates...wherein the cameras followed them around on their job...where they tried to solve something...in a certain amount of time (hopefully those are enough clues 😬). 

I had a whole post written on some of the stories they independently  told me, but suffice it to say...the episodes are definitely edited in order to craft a particular narrative. Sometimes, the cameras can’t be there for everything so they may ask the “characters” to recreate the same scene so they can film it. Or they ask them to do it again immediately so they can get different angles or get everyone’s reactions to a certain bit of news. If they can’t recreate the scene, they’ll just edit in filler scenes that may have the reaction they’ll want out of someone, but it was actually filmed for something that occurred 2 weeks before. (For example, he watched an episode where they showed him acting surprised to a reveal. Well, apparently his reaction was accurate but it was for something entirely different that had happened weeks before and they didn’t use the footage for that particular episode. So they just used it in a later episode about something else that he wasn’t present for).

Basically I barely believe anything I see on reality shows anymore. Plus, the editing inconsistency drives me crazy.   

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:12 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Lol I don't dislike Marshall at all and I don't mind him. But I don't know why some people love him so much and want more of him every season. He's fine, but he's not particularly funny or entertaining or interesting to me. I don't get why he's that loveable or what not. Ha 

He has some really funny reactions sometimes, they don't focus on him much during finals but if you watch him in the background you'll see it.  Like when Brenda was crying over Victoria's solo, he gave her some serious side-eye.  I follow him on Instagram and he is really funny!

Oh, another thing I thought of!  I'd love to see at least some of the veterans preparing for finals.  We used to see them at least learning the dance they would have to perform but never preparing for solos or anything.  I'd like to see more of finals in general.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I'd like to see more of finals in general.

I think that you will get your wish this year since they are combining finals with training camp.  Who knows what auditions will be like next year?  I do see them continuing with the virtual prelims and semis, since Kelli said they have received so many applications/videos so far - girls don't have to travel to Texas, pay airfare, hotel rooms, etc.  They have the chance to film over and over, and pick the best video to submit.  Kelli also said her, Judy and Charlotte are able to focus better on one girl at a time, instead of having their attention divided between five girls.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2020 at 4:40 PM, aeroluv327 said:

Oh, how could I forget?

MORE MARSHALL PLEASE!  

I LOVE Marshall!!!! His side eyes are awesome! 🙂  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea....but he is mine 🙂  

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I LOVE Marshall!!!! His side eyes are awesome! 🙂  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea....but he is mine 🙂  

His side eye when people were crying at VKs solo, just magnificent

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

On 5/6/2020 at 6:39 PM, go4luca said:

Hey @ShellyB, any chance of getting Kyle Hanagami on as a guest choreographer?

Wouldn’t that be nice? There’s a lot that goes into guests...interest, availability, budget, etc. We will have to see how this all plays out and if we are taping and have time to shoot guests. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

On 5/6/2020 at 3:40 PM, aeroluv327 said:

Oh, how could I forget?

MORE MARSHALL PLEASE!  

His assistant, Kevin Walsh, is amazing too!! I LOVE Marshall and Kevin!

• Like 1

any chance of getting Kyle Hanagami on as a guest choreographer?

hmm - his choreography wouldn't translate to any kind of field routine.

I feel like most DCC level dancers wouldn't do well with his style

I mean they call what Maddie does "hip hop"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

59 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

hmm - his choreography wouldn't translate to any kind of field routine.

I feel like most DCC level dancers wouldn't do well with his style

I mean they call what Maddie does "hip hop"

My suggestion didn't have to do with translating to the field.  Many of the guest choreographer's choreo doesn't translate to the field.  They bring in guest choreographers to broaden the girl's exposure and technique to various styles.  Kyle Hanagami has fun choreo and he works non stop.  His style is current, most dancers really love his class.  If they brought in Travis Wall, Kyle Hanagami is on the same level but with his own style. I bet the ladies would really enjoy and do well with his teaching and style.  Some of the DCC follow him on IG.  They must like his work. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5

15 hours ago, go4luca said:

My suggestion didn't have to do with translating to the field.  Many of the guest choreographer's choreo doesn't translate to the field.  They bring in guest choreographers to broaden the girl's exposure and technique to various styles.  Kyle Hanagami has fun choreo and he works non stop.  His style is current, most dancers really love his class.  If they brought in Travis Wall, Kyle Hanagami is on the same level but with his own style. I bet the ladies would really enjoy and do well with his teaching and style.  Some of the DCC follow him on IG.  They must like his work. 🤷‍♀️

I love him!  If I could keep up...I would love to take a class from him 🙂 

• Like 2