Type keyword(s) to search

Show Format: Irritations and Fresh Ideas

dccfangirl
  • Start Topic

Lol I don't dislike Marshall at all and I don't mind him. But I don't know why some people love him so much and want more of him every season. He's fine, but he's not particularly funny or entertaining or interesting to me. I don't get why he's that loveable or what not. Ha 

• Love 9

I am begging CMT do not torture us with the out of order announcements!!! Its a big pet peeve of mine to watch the last 5 girls supposedly getting called and you can clearly see a veteran behind her that you know has made it 😡

• Love 16
4 hours ago, H3705 said:

I am begging CMT do not torture us with the out of order announcements!!! Its a big pet peeve of mine to watch the last 5 girls supposedly getting called and you can clearly see a veteran behind her that you know has made it 😡

Yes this is one of my biggest peeves about CMT:MTT and “reality” shows in general (and subsequently why arguments on the forums about the girls and/or what “actually” happened are all null and void, IMO).

Following graduation, my college roommate became an editor (more like an editing assistant) for a reality show on a channel that ”used to play music videos.” She said that one takeaway is not to believe most of what you see on those shows (this was well before The Real Housewives shows started...we all know now that “scripted reality” is fairly common practice currently). 

I also very recently found out that one of my current coworkers was filmed for a reality show about his previous career. This was on a much different TV channel than my college roommates...wherein the cameras followed them around on their job...where they tried to solve something...in a certain amount of time (hopefully those are enough clues 😬). 

I had a whole post written on some of the stories they independently  told me, but suffice it to say...the episodes are definitely edited in order to craft a particular narrative. Sometimes, the cameras can’t be there for everything so they may ask the “characters” to recreate the same scene so they can film it. Or they ask them to do it again immediately so they can get different angles or get everyone’s reactions to a certain bit of news. If they can’t recreate the scene, they’ll just edit in filler scenes that may have the reaction they’ll want out of someone, but it was actually filmed for something that occurred 2 weeks before. (For example, he watched an episode where they showed him acting surprised to a reveal. Well, apparently his reaction was accurate but it was for something entirely different that had happened weeks before and they didn’t use the footage for that particular episode. So they just used it in a later episode about something else that he wasn’t present for).

Basically I barely believe anything I see on reality shows anymore. Plus, the editing inconsistency drives me crazy.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/6/2020 at 7:12 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Lol I don't dislike Marshall at all and I don't mind him. But I don't know why some people love him so much and want more of him every season. He's fine, but he's not particularly funny or entertaining or interesting to me. I don't get why he's that loveable or what not. Ha 

He has some really funny reactions sometimes, they don't focus on him much during finals but if you watch him in the background you'll see it.  Like when Brenda was crying over Victoria's solo, he gave her some serious side-eye.  I follow him on Instagram and he is really funny!

Oh, another thing I thought of!  I'd love to see at least some of the veterans preparing for finals.  We used to see them at least learning the dance they would have to perform but never preparing for solos or anything.  I'd like to see more of finals in general.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I'd like to see more of finals in general.

I think that you will get your wish this year since they are combining finals with training camp.  Who knows what auditions will be like next year?  I do see them continuing with the virtual prelims and semis, since Kelli said they have received so many applications/videos so far - girls don't have to travel to Texas, pay airfare, hotel rooms, etc.  They have the chance to film over and over, and pick the best video to submit.  Kelli also said her, Judy and Charlotte are able to focus better on one girl at a time, instead of having their attention divided between five girls.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 4:40 PM, aeroluv327 said:

Oh, how could I forget?

MORE MARSHALL PLEASE!  

I LOVE Marshall!!!! His side eyes are awesome! 🙂  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea....but he is mine 🙂  

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I LOVE Marshall!!!! His side eyes are awesome! 🙂  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea....but he is mine 🙂  

His side eye when people were crying at VKs solo, just magnificent

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 5/6/2020 at 6:39 PM, go4luca said:

Hey @ShellyB, any chance of getting Kyle Hanagami on as a guest choreographer?

Wouldn’t that be nice? There’s a lot that goes into guests...interest, availability, budget, etc. We will have to see how this all plays out and if we are taping and have time to shoot guests. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/6/2020 at 3:40 PM, aeroluv327 said:

Oh, how could I forget?

MORE MARSHALL PLEASE!  

His assistant, Kevin Walsh, is amazing too!! I LOVE Marshall and Kevin!

• Love 1

any chance of getting Kyle Hanagami on as a guest choreographer?

hmm - his choreography wouldn't translate to any kind of field routine.

I feel like most DCC level dancers wouldn't do well with his style

I mean they call what Maddie does "hip hop"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

hmm - his choreography wouldn't translate to any kind of field routine.

I feel like most DCC level dancers wouldn't do well with his style

I mean they call what Maddie does "hip hop"

My suggestion didn't have to do with translating to the field.  Many of the guest choreographer's choreo doesn't translate to the field.  They bring in guest choreographers to broaden the girl's exposure and technique to various styles.  Kyle Hanagami has fun choreo and he works non stop.  His style is current, most dancers really love his class.  If they brought in Travis Wall, Kyle Hanagami is on the same level but with his own style. I bet the ladies would really enjoy and do well with his teaching and style.  Some of the DCC follow him on IG.  They must like his work. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 7
15 hours ago, go4luca said:

My suggestion didn't have to do with translating to the field.  Many of the guest choreographer's choreo doesn't translate to the field.  They bring in guest choreographers to broaden the girl's exposure and technique to various styles.  Kyle Hanagami has fun choreo and he works non stop.  His style is current, most dancers really love his class.  If they brought in Travis Wall, Kyle Hanagami is on the same level but with his own style. I bet the ladies would really enjoy and do well with his teaching and style.  Some of the DCC follow him on IG.  They must like his work. 🤷‍♀️

I love him!  If I could keep up...I would love to take a class from him 🙂 

• Love 2
  1. The male judges who are there to say "she's hot" is outdated and please get rid of them.
  2. More of the vets please.
  3. I know they will never do this as Keli is an EP but for this to be REAL they HAVE to show dissension in the ranks of the DCC and show where K+J are seen in a bad light. In can't all be 'yes mam' and k+j are perfect. They need to show conflict.
  4. Savannah and Molly dressed up as K+J for Halloween and it was HILARIOUS. They should show stuff like this. Vets partying or vets making fun of K+J.
  5. Oh.... and bring back Hannah. Justice for Hannah! 

• Love 5

MORE

• In depth scenes featuring the judges' deliberations
  • Leaderboard. I would like it if they ended every episode with that week's most up to date leaderboard.
  • Groups working with their group leaders.
  • Group leaders talking to Kelli and Judy and giving stickers. But I can see why they might not want to air it because of morale.

LESS

• Time wasted making fun of round one candidates who will clearly never make it past round one. I liked jumping right into training camp this year.
  • Non dance-related content. I didn't miss the tours of the facilities, etiquette dinner, etc.
  • Kitty Carter.
  • Sob stories in intro videos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

MORE

Leaderboard. I would like it if they ended every episode with that week's most up to date leaderboard.

Great idea, but they'd never do that, would take away the drama factor 🙄

12 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

LESS

Non dance-related content. I didn't miss the tours of the facilities, etiquette dinner, etc.

I'm happy they got rid of a lot of that, especially the Jay segments, but I did like etiquette. Heck, Colleen's segment taught me how to eat bread!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

MORE

• In depth scenes featuring the judges' deliberations
  • Leaderboard. I would like it if they ended every episode with that week's most up to date leaderboard.
  • Groups working with their group leaders.
  • Group leaders talking to Kelli and Judy and giving stickers. But I can see why they might not want to air it because of morale.

LESS

• Time wasted making fun of round one candidates who will clearly never make it past round one. I liked jumping right into training camp this year.
  • Non dance-related content. I didn't miss the tours of the facilities, etiquette dinner, etc.
  • Kitty Carter.
  • Sob stories in intro videos.

I can get on board with all of these. I HATE etiquette training, it's so outdated and misogynistic. The only part I liked was when Lauren stuffed a whole slice in her mouth and was all 'I just love bread'. That's my kind of girl! Oh and Coleen's name always gives me a giggle!

More dance, lots of dance and all the dance please. 

Edited by DCC-UK
Coleen's funny name
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I HATE etiquette training, it's so outdated and misogynistic.

I don't see manners as sexist or outdated. We had a couple etiquette classes as part of my accounting major for business lunches, and all students had to participate.

• Love 9

I waited to post this because I didn't want to post hastily and emotionally.  I haven't been very critical of Kelli and Judy in the past, probably because they are usually edited to look better in the show.  My eyes have finally been opened to what awful leaders they truly are.  They had absolutely no idea how to handle this situation and ended up with a disjointed, unorganized, self-serving training camp for a season in which they couldn't even dance on the field.  Their egotistical attitudes toward some of the veterans was disgusting.  Judy is a wrinkly, old shell of a coach at this point.  I've always wondered why she hardly talks, but after everything I've read here, I now understand it is because she isn't capable of faking any emotion to hide her spite.  Perhaps naively, I do still think Kelli was a good coach earlier in her time as director, but time has eroded that leadership.  I do believe the anguish she used to feel when cutting a veteran, but her tears are blatantly insincere on the show now.  They should just stop showing them because they're not fooling anyone.  Her ridiculous story about how much it hurt to see TK cut might have meant something to the viewer if they hadn't just shown her cold-hearted bloodbath moments earlier. 

People are always going to quibble with her choices for the squad.  That's part of the allure and why CMT airs the show.  This seasons goes way beyond a simple matter of keeping one dancer and cutting another.  This was about exposing the charade of the DCC sisterhood and showing it for what it really is: a perpetuating cycle of toxic, Mean Girls culture.  They are appalled when women like Kalyssa and Julia use DCC as a stepping stone to celebrity, yet that's exactly what the show promotes.  They want the exposure, but don't want it for anyone else.  I'm going to echo a sentiment that I never agreed with until now: it's time for Kelli and Judy to retire.  Pat Riley, a HOF coach, used to say that a coach should never stay in one place for more than 10 years.  For even the best coaches, eventually you become too comfortable and your message becomes stale.  You're seeing a prime example of that in Kelli and Judy.  Hopefully they're grooming KaShara to take over.  She has the genuine personality that is required to be an effective leader.  You can only fake empathy for so long until your lack of compassion is exposed.  KaShara has the ability to turn around the culture that has taken hold of the organization.  Maybe she's too young and inexperienced right now.  Maybe she doesn't want that kind of responsibility and scrutiny this early in her career.  It's a lot easier to be an assistant coach working in the background that it is to be front and center with the spotlight shining on you, but she handled the spotlight as point very well.  Make Phil the coach and let KaShara run things from the shadows.  Anything other than what they have now.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't see manners as sexist or outdated. We had a couple etiquette classes as part of my accounting major for business lunches, and all students had to participate.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. Of course, manners are 100% important but etiquette classes (mostly fine dining) just seem very outdated to me. Considering it seems a very British thing to do, it seems very classist. I've never been anywhere posh enough to require how to know which knife to use or how to nibble on something! It certainly isn't part of a degree programme over here.

The main thing I didn't appreciate was when someone (possibly Amber) asked about what to do if you don't like a meal. Coleen's response was about cutting it up in tiny pieces and moving it around the plate. They could've had a trigger message on for eating disorders for that because that's exactly what I used to do when I was anorexic

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I didn't mean to offend.

No offense taken whatsoever, just a differing opinion 😄 . I mean, I do get where you're coming from, I'm sure the Cowboys aren't taught to butter each piece of bread they tear off!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I do think the etiquette classes are useful, I just am not particularly interested in watching them and would prefer more dance content in their place. I can see why the DCC would want the girls to take them though, especially girls in show group who will be at higher profile events.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

@ShellyB Hi Shelly, how come show group doesn't go on overseas USO tours anymore?

Lots of reasons, from both sides of DCC and USO...timing, budget, formatting, etc. I took 4 girls to Korea last fall and there were talks of a Spring tour, but then COVID went and canceled life.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. Of course, manners are 100% important but etiquette classes (mostly fine dining) just seem very outdated to me. Considering it seems a very British thing to do, it seems very classist. I've never been anywhere posh enough to require how to know which knife to use or how to nibble on something! It certainly isn't part of a degree programme over here.

The main thing I didn't appreciate was when someone (possibly Amber) asked about what to do if you don't like a meal. Coleen's response was about cutting it up in tiny pieces and moving it around the plate. They could've had a trigger message on for eating disorders for that because that's exactly what I used to do when I was anorexic

The pushing food around your plate is a picky eater classic move...however, I know the relationship between that and anorexia...I'm so sorry you had to deal with it.

The etiquette class are must. Some of these TCC have just rolled in on a turnip truck this morning.  Feisty Taylor-who-hated-her-haircut a few seasons ago comes to mind...KaShara also mentioned she'd never been exposed to formally set tables. Someone else mentioned the food was weird, she wanted chicken, rice & green beans...there's a lot that goes into the higher-society-than-they-are-used-to dining. And really, at this level, if you don't like the meal, shut up and eat some of each thing, you'll live (unless of course there is the possibility of anaphylaxis from allergy)...but you'll notice they don't serve common allergens like nuts and you'd be expected to say "thank you, no, I'm allergic to shellfish".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyMoon said:

The pushing food around your plate is a picky eater classic move...however, I know the relationship between that and anorexia...I'm so sorry you had to deal with it.

The etiquette class are must. Some of these TCC have just rolled in on a turnip truck this morning.  Feisty Taylor-who-hated-her-haircut a few seasons ago comes to mind...KaShara also mentioned she'd never been exposed to formally set tables. Someone else mentioned the food was weird, she wanted chicken, rice & green beans...there's a lot that goes into the higher-society-than-they-are-used-to dining. And really, at this level, if you don't like the meal, shut up and eat some of each thing, you'll live (unless of course there is the possibility of anaphylaxis from allergy)...but you'll notice they don't serve common allergens like nuts and you'd be expected to say "thank you, no, I'm allergic to shellfish".

It's much more comfortable to fit in if you know the rules of the game. How many people in our casual society learn some of the fussier etiquette rules, then trip over themselves in more formal situations? I'm a huge Anglophile and if I ever had the chance to meet Will, Kate, Harry, or Meghan you'd better believe my 40 year old ass would be learning how to curtsey properly for W&K and address all of them correctly! If I ever got to meet Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, same thing! I'd even wear something nice than new yoga pants. 😆

On 5/15/2020 at 12:05 AM, ShellyB said:

Wouldn’t that be nice? There’s a lot that goes into guests...interest, availability, budget, etc. We will have to see how this all plays out and if we are taping and have time to shoot guests. 

Can I vote for a road trip down to San Anton fo visit the many, many bases here? 🙂

• Love 1
20 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I waited to post this because I didn't want to post hastily and emotionally.  I haven't been very critical of Kelli and Judy in the past, probably because they are usually edited to look better in the show.  My eyes have finally been opened to what awful leaders they truly are.  They had absolutely no idea how to handle this situation and ended up with a disjointed, unorganized, self-serving training camp for a season in which they couldn't even dance on the field.  Their egotistical attitudes toward some of the veterans was disgusting.  Judy is a wrinkly, old shell of a coach at this point.  I've always wondered why she hardly talks, but after everything I've read here, I now understand it is because she isn't capable of faking any emotion to hide her spite.  Perhaps naively, I do still think Kelli was a good coach earlier in her time as director, but time has eroded that leadership.  I do believe the anguish she used to feel when cutting a veteran, but her tears are blatantly insincere on the show now.  They should just stop showing them because they're not fooling anyone.  Her ridiculous story about how much it hurt to see TK cut might have meant something to the viewer if they hadn't just shown her cold-hearted bloodbath moments earlier. 

People are always going to quibble with her choices for the squad.  That's part of the allure and why CMT airs the show.  This seasons goes way beyond a simple matter of keeping one dancer and cutting another.  This was about exposing the charade of the DCC sisterhood and showing it for what it really is: a perpetuating cycle of toxic, Mean Girls culture.  They are appalled when women like Kalyssa and Julia use DCC as a stepping stone to celebrity, yet that's exactly what the show promotes.  They want the exposure, but don't want it for anyone else.  I'm going to echo a sentiment that I never agreed with until now: it's time for Kelli and Judy to retire.  Pat Riley, a HOF coach, used to say that a coach should never stay in one place for more than 10 years.  For even the best coaches, eventually you become too comfortable and your message becomes stale.  You're seeing a prime example of that in Kelli and Judy.  Hopefully they're grooming KaShara to take over.  She has the genuine personality that is required to be an effective leader.  You can only fake empathy for so long until your lack of compassion is exposed.  KaShara has the ability to turn around the culture that has taken hold of the organization.  Maybe she's too young and inexperienced right now.  Maybe she doesn't want that kind of responsibility and scrutiny this early in her career.  It's a lot easier to be an assistant coach working in the background that it is to be front and center with the spotlight shining on you, but she handled the spotlight as point very well.  Make Phil the coach and let KaShara run things from the shadows.  Anything other than what they have now.  

This was beautifully said. Thank you for your well written thoughts. 

16 hours ago, KickYourNose said:

If I ever got to meet Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, same thing! I'd even wear something nice than new yoga pants. 😆

She's lovely! Have met her and can assure you she's kind and funny.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

Not really a show related idea, but if they can start to honor the former (non-MTT) cheerleaders on the website, there should be a section dedicated to the All-Stars of past and present.

Or they could start using their social media forums better

Funny GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Show repercussions of violating covid restrictions.  Maybe show the TCC getting vaccinations.  Show them as good role models and good citizens, instead of worrying about eyelashes, a piece of pizza, or if they'll be point. 

More on the My Boots, My Cause.  It is so refreshing seeing the team have genuine concerns.  That is a great way for them to tell their story.  No more sobbing in the first few episodes, this way we get to know the team better.

• Love 6
On 1/13/2021 at 6:07 PM, WoofDCC said:

@ShellyB Hi Shelly, how come show group doesn't go on overseas USO tours anymore?

We went on a USO Tour in November of 2019, with hopes to do more, but Covid hit. Once life has returned to a somewhat normal pace, I’m sure discussions will be reignited. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 5/7/2020 at 1:12 AM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Because Marshall brings DRAMA and this show has turned from an actual dance audition/following an NFL Cheerleading team (early season1/2/3 etc) to now a drama show. Maybe thats why Rainer and what was the name of that short guy who was doing the stylist/hair thing (I think he worked with Rainer) and I cannot remember his name so excuse me coming across wrong.

Yes it is an entertainment show and aspects of the show is there for entertainment and drama (some of it, I think, like Meghan Flaherty I think was brought on for that because Dementia Kelli and Judy knew they were not going to put her on the team but brought her on for the drama. Same as the Minchew sisters the year they were on and the clash between their pagent titles) 

20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Or they could start using their social media forums better

Funny GIF

You know that thats never going to happen because Kelli seems to have "forgot" about some aspects of the management side and is just working on "sale sale sale" of the cheerleaders. You can see Kelli and her marketing degree shining thro in the show lol.

Jenny, the DCRB director should be pushing Charlotte for a show on DCRB. I mean come of the Cowboys is the ONLY professional sports team in America to have more than one cheerleading team right? Besides the university teams I mean.

100% my biggest beef with the show is bringing in guest choreographers to teach routines that are never used on the field or in other performances. It's waste of time and a total mind eraser for the rookies who need to perfect the official dances in time for football season.

I would like to see more ongoing vet coverage. We invest a lot in these women as rookies and it would be nice to see more of them as they move up the ranks.

Also more in-uniform content. 

Hair and makeup tutorials have become SO popular. I would like to see how they prep for game day, how they use/apply product and how they keep it all together throughout the day.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

100% my biggest beef with the show is bringing in guest choreographers to teach routines that are never used on the field or in other performances. It's waste of time and a total mind eraser for the rookies who need to perfect the official dances in time for football season.

Absolutely.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I would like to see more ongoing vet coverage. We invest a lot in these women as rookies and it would be nice to see more of them as they move up the ranks.

Also more in-uniform content. 

Hair and makeup tutorials have become SO popular. I would like to see how they prep for game day, how they use/apply product and how they keep it all together throughout the day.

See, I love them trying new dance styles but maybe they should stick to hip-hop + jazz choreographers so it's in keeping with the show. Then again, the Tyce Diorio is my fave routine they've done and that wasn't DCC style! Maybe more ex-DCC, Evan Miller, Denise Dicharry, Charm, Nick Florez.

Keith Green was my favourite teacher they've had on because I loved the compliment he gave Brianna. 

I love Travis Wall and Marty Kudelka but definitely not DCC style. Maybe just have one contemporary/lyrical guest choreographer just before show group auditions?

I'd like to see more of what goes on throughout the season too, not just leading up to the first game! Like how do they plan for the Christmas spectacular and choose the second triangle below the stage? Amanda looked amazing at the point as a rookie the other year!

• Love 5

I like seeing the ladies do power pom/DCC style best. It's cool to see their varied talents but some of the routines do seem so random I can't imagine them being used for show group let alone sidelines. 

I really like seeing the girls side by side to really compare them and we can empathize with the judges more in terms of who they cut. 

I'm also just really intrigued as to whether they are relaxing the standards for weight bc it's out of date or they don't show the weight critiques any more? Or maybe they just let it slide because of Covid - @ShellyB has anything changed? TBH the weight segments obviously make for dramatic TV but I can 100% see that they're out of date in 2021.  

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

I'm also just really intrigued as to whether they are relaxing the standards for weight bc it's out of date or they don't show the weight critiques any more? Or maybe they just let it slide because of Covid - @ShellyB has anything changed? TBH the weight segments obviously make for dramatic TV but I can 100% see that they're out of date in 2021.  

The lowest of the low was the season 8 when Kitty must of been on some sort of menopausal tirade and they called in Chelsea, Kim, Danielle, and Jennifer over weight issues just because Kitty said so that night. NONE of them looked any different, but had their cameos taken away, and they left crying. Talk about HORRIBLE TV and completely out of whack body image standards of the DCC. Obviously TPTB didn't put much thought into what kind of message that was sending to all the young people watching at home.

I feel like they have changed a bit since then (maybe due to backlash)? Currently, you hear more vague comments like "Gabby has been counseled over her weight several times this year," or "Selina looks thick." But they don't explicitly chew them out - at least not on camera. I don't see the DCC ever relaxing weigh-ins and expectations of some body standards - particularly in the mid-drift area, but the old days of blatant shame isn't likely to go get aired on MTT anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

The lowest of the low was the season 8 when Kitty must of been on some sort of menopausal tirade and they called in Chelsea, Kim, Danielle, and Jennifer over weight issues just because Kitty said so that night. NONE of them looked any different, but had their cameos taken away, and they left crying.

lol that was so psychotic. chelsea especially looked completely fine—like wtf? it made no sense

• Love 4
8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think he should be able to judge one year!

Phil over Marshall ..... and Phil should be the ONLY JUDGE, because Phil would just be like "you are all in the squad" and then <says to the DJ> "DJ Can you put the music on so we can have a dance and just chill"? Lol

• Love 5
12 hours ago, RakeMambo said:

I always liked Marshall, but I think it’s because there is something interested and somewhat voyeuristic in me that likes to have such a flamboyant queer man in the midst of all these conventional, prissy, long hair and spray tan kind of girls. I don’t think I like Marshall as an individual particularly anymore than I would like any other person if I had to pick them out of a random line up in the street, but having Marshall with his provocative style in the middle of a bunch of DCCs makes him exciting for me; I am secretly hoping constantly that he gets to take a tour of the stadium and he accidentally runs face to face into Rachel W in the locker room and she calls him a homophobic slur and they get into a fight - it is that kind of drama-fantasy why I am always on edge when they show Marshall LOL That said, I feel sometimes that Kelli treats him as as the ‘default gay’ on the show (even though I just said that is why I like his character). She’s always like ‘Well hey Marshallllllll!’ and having that half smirk on her face, half and half  ‘I am laughing with you / I am laughing at you’. In one podcast episode, she was like ‘Hey Marshall I just watched the RuPauls yesterday and oh my god the makeup’, which, anyone who watches RuPaul Drag Race on the regular knows what kind of amused-by-gays straight woman kind of attitude this comment is typical of. Then I listened to his podcast about witchiepoo affairs and became less interested in him: he seems quite the conventional type when you get past the skirt and the big blinged out eye pendant; nonetheless still a more exciting personality that most in this show.

Now, the one I like and really miss and wish they brought back is Miss Kitty Carter ‘righty mhm mhm mhm Miss Kittyyyy’ I always remember her singing that to some TCC in some old season; it got stuck in my head. I love me some Kitty and I find her honest and kind; it is that kind of teacher Miss Kitty is that have most marked me during my life and education, the people that tell you the truth, no sugar coat, and push you, and they believe in you for what you are, not because they have a different vision of their own about you and want to force mold you into it or whatever. Plus, she is a ton of fun to me.

To off-set the Marshall ‘support’ (I guess), I’ll mention one other man I wish they got rid of: Scott Padgett. Now, why is he there? Always gets of my nerves. He’s always on the judging panel and interview panel with this kind of attitude of: I am not saying my remarks because I truly think they contribute but because I want to be original and special and dazzle the other judges with my cunning or terrify the interviewees with my big brain moves - you can feel he’s always kind of looking side to side to the others judges after he speaks, almost wanting them to erupt in applause ‘You know what Scott, what great remark, I agree, she had sloppy footwork on her left kick. You know what, I am going to let you be director of DCC instead, you are just so fantastic, oh my god Scott Padgett *clap* *clap* *clap*’ ... always Scott Padgett with his-no-cheer-knowing-a**bowtie.

I liked Marshall and Scott to begin with but now both just drink the DCC Kool-aid. However, I looooove Kitty. She's the only honest one on the show (apart from the VK comments) and I want her back! She brings something exciting to the show because the girls like her honesty. If she was in charge, she'd have a much smaller squad because she weeds out the weaker ones!

• Love 3

If we are going to see more of anyone, I like Kristi Scales. She tends to go beyond looks to see which gals have intelligence along with their dancing abilities. 

Not a huge fan of Marshall, don't mind him as a judge, but not really interested in him beyond that. 

I would love to have Phil be on the judging panel one year. The girls when looking up would see at least one encouraging face that might help them be slightly less nervous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

If we are going to see more of anyone, I like Kristi Scales. She tends to go beyond looks to see which gals have intelligence along with their dancing abilities. 

Not a huge fan of Marshall, don't mind him as a judge, but not really interested in him beyond that. 

I would love to have Phil be on the judging panel one year. The girls when looking up would see at least one encouraging face that might help them be slightly less nervous.

I love how Kristi roots for vets as she's seen them on game day and interacting with fans at appearances. She seems encouraging for the most part and tries to see positives in every candidate.

If she doesn't already, she needs to do regular Cowboys/football info sessions with the girls to increase their knowledge!

• Love 8