Type keyword(s) to search

Show Format: Irritations and Fresh Ideas

dccfangirl
  • Start Topic

I'd love to see more of the rookie makeovers...more group leader stuff...ie: leading practices, practicing with their individual groups...etc.  I'd love to see more backstories and not just the drama. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I'm still campaigning for Marshall to have his own show.  A girl can dream! 😎

I would LOVE for him to have his own show!! 

• Love 3

I would love to see more on ALL the TCCs, just not those that are struggling and continously called into the office.  I would also like to see more on the veterans ie. 1)How they have adjusted to living in Dallas and what their biggest struggles have been.  2)Do they get a “Pre Season Makeover” to update their look?  3)Do Veterans have a Uniform Fitting with Kelli and Lisa to make sure everything still fits?  4)What happens between the last game and tryouts?  Do they still have mandatory practice?How do they chose who goes on what appearances? 5)What about all the cute practice outfits?  What goes into picking those out and ordering them?  Love that they get more sparkly every season.

I agree on the awkward plugs promoting The Star and all the amenities.  It is an amazing facility and should be showcased.  But do so in a way that doesn’t come across so cheesy.  

I also would like to see more discussions between Kelli, Judy and the Group Leaders vs mentoring sessions with those on the Struggle Bus.  Tell us what those stickers are for! Ha!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Love2ride said:

I would love to see more on ALL the TCCs, just not those that are struggling and continously called into the office.  I would also like to see more on the veterans ie. 1)How they have adjusted to living in Dallas and what their biggest struggles have been.  2)Do they get a “Pre Season Makeover” to update their look?  3)Do Veterans have a Uniform Fitting with Kelli and Lisa to make sure everything still fits?  4)What happens between the last game and tryouts?  Do they still have mandatory practice?How do they chose who goes on what appearances? 5)What about all the cute practice outfits?  What goes into picking those out and ordering them?  Love that they get more sparkly every season.

I agree on the awkward plugs promoting The Star and all the amenities.  It is an amazing facility and should be showcased.  But do so in a way that doesn’t come across so cheesy.  

I also would like to see more discussions between Kelli, Judy and the Group Leaders vs mentoring sessions with those on the Struggle Bus.  Tell us what those stickers are for! Ha!  

Agree on all of this.  I hope CMT is l"listening"

• Love 3

If you check out the Houston Texans website, you can vote for their TCC.  They must have brought in hair stylists and make up artists right after finals because these girls are all glammed out!!  Perhaps the DCC should seek these people out when they do cameos this year...    Here are 2 girls that have tried out for DCC in the past: Ashley and Lauren.

Ashley C..jpg

Lauren C..jpg

HTC makeup:  way too heavy on the eyeliners...BUT their pics are definitely better than some of the DCC cameos last season...I shudder when I look at some of them. I still wonder who was in charge of choosing the DCC cameos...Hannah's was God awful...so was Gabby's and Cianna's.  These girls are beautiful but they put the least flattering photograph of them up.  

• Love 3

I really just want the producers to do a better job of coaching everyone on how to answer questions. (I'm sure they are trying!) I hate it when you can tell that person on screen is restating the question--"A girl definitely could get cut tonight." "I do think a girl could get cut tonight." "It is possible a girl could get cut tonight." Kelsey Lowrance was really good at making her on-the-fly interviews seem natural and candid.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, lisalionheart said:

I really just want the producers to do a better job of coaching everyone on how to answer questions. (I'm sure they are trying!) I hate it when you can tell that person on screen is restating the question--"A girl definitely could get cut tonight." "I do think a girl could get cut tonight." "It is possible a girl could get cut tonight." Kelsey Lowrance was really good at making her on-the-fly interviews seem natural and candid.

Well, they could just stop re-using the questions from 10 years ago and come up with something new:)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

It's not that hard to think of better questions to ask the girls for an in the moment. "How do you feel like your journey has been going so far?" 

What about better answers to better questions. The girls give the same cookie cut answers because they think it will give them brownie points with the judges and Kelli, Judy and Charlotte.

Better questions would be great, but they'll still need to coach people not to say, "I do think," "I definitely think," "It is possible." I don't like it when the production questions are so obvious. It's better when it can feel like the person being interviewed was having a real conversation with the producer.

• Love 3

Agree on Marshall.  Love him!!

No Melissa Rycroft unless they finally talk on air about why she's famous...getting dumped on national tv.  She could actually use that as a comeback story and it would be so much more authentic than this dancing with the stars bullshit.

No more "where are they now".  this would've been relevant before IG, but it's easy to see where they are now. 

Show why some people are called into the office for being bad "locker room".  I wanted to see Madeline's bitchyness last year but we just saw the aftermath.

NO MORE COWBOYS FIT COMMERCIALS WITHIN THE SHOW.  THE VIEWERS AREN'T NAIVE.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Agree on Marshall.  Love him!!

No Melissa Rycroft unless they finally talk on air about why she's famous...getting dumped on national tv.  She could actually use that as a comeback story and it would be so much more authentic than this dancing with the stars bullshit.

No more "where are they now".  this would've been relevant before IG, but it's easy to see where they are now. 

Show why some people are called into the office for being bad "locker room".  I wanted to see Madeline's bitchyness last year but we just saw the aftermath.

NO MORE COWBOYS FIT COMMERCIALS WITHIN THE SHOW.  THE VIEWERS AREN'T NAIVE.

If I understand it correctly, ABC owns CMT. ABC of course has The Bachelor and DWTS. Melissa the Mentor also had her own show on CMT before it tanked after two seasons. Some viewers and fans wanted a mentor especially a former DCC mentor to work with the girls leading to Melissa. CMT probably thought she would be the perfect fit because I have a hard time believing Judy, Kelli and Charlotte went to CMT and ask for Melissa especially after what Melissa said about what she went through on the squad and why she left. Of course, she took it back after she was invited by CMT to be a judge and a mentor because she did not want to lose her new gig.

• Useful 1

MORE DANCE. I watch the show because I am a former dancer and love to watch dance. 

I want to see all the solos in full at finals because I want to see different styles of dance, not just power pom. Who has the best hip hop? Who has insane technique? Who's more of an entertainer?

More locker room chat. I'd love to know how they all interact pre/post practice. Do the group leaders give good advice?

A whole episode on show group. Again, like finals, I want to see who is good at which style. But please, no singing. That was always cringe. 

A 'getting to know you' segment on each rookie. They always focus on the same 2/3 rookies every year. Like they do on every reality show, a quick 1-2 minute VT talking about who they are, their strengths, how they've found the process, their dance background, what they do outside of DCC. No sob stories though, they're always the same. 

Uniform fittings. All of them look amazing in the uniforms and I'd love to know what they chat to Kelli about! 

I used to like the 'at home' VTs. Who lives together? How did they becone housemates? 

More content, less fluff basically.

• Love 11

No entire episode on Show Group because I do not want to hear how it is a honor, I never thought I would be trying out for SG, make SG, we get to do special performances, I hope I make SG, it is make or break time for me, how hard it will be to balance everything if I do make SG, etc. etc.

Season 5 they should all the reauditioning vets finals solos. They have been showing more and more of the TC Candidates the last few years. I think the we will visit with the vets stories at home are so corny.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

No entire episode on Show Group because I do not want to hear how it is a honor, I never thought I would be trying out for SG, make SG, we get to do special performances, I hope I make SG, it is make or break time for me, how hard it will be to balance everything if I do make SG, etc. etc.

Season 5 they should all the reauditioning vets finals solos. They have been showing more and more of the TC Candidates the last few years. I think the we will visit with the vets stories at home are so corny.

I meant more for the dancing on SG, didn't even think about the rest of it so I agree that would be annoying! I just like to see them do different styles of dance.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I meant more for the dancing on SG, didn't even think about the rest of it so I agree that would be annoying! I just like to see them do different styles of dance.

Gotcha! The dancing side is okay, and I do agree about the singing. I do not think the National Anthem should be a sexy type song.

• LOL 1

First, thanks for this topic.  It is a great chance to state opinions, and I’ve enjoyed reading the ones so far.

Second, I agree with those who have recommended more dance.  And better quality display of and commentary on the dance itself.

Third, I want to disagree with the Kitty comments to a degree.  There are three things that Kitty does that I find entertaining.  A) she holds dancers to a technical standard.   Historically, we see Kitty make the ladies go across the floor, stretch and repeat moves to get them right.  As the “technical coach” this is appropriate.  B) she offers tough evaluation of the TCCs to K&J.   I like hearing her point of view, and with the exception of VK, it has been consistent.  C) she does A&B with a tough, in-your-face personality which I enjoy immensely.  I believe that the show did a disservice to Kitty in S13, in that they didn’t show the traditional Kitty practice.  Rather, they coupled her with Nic Flores.  So, instead of watching her make a TCC hit her arm to pull power out of the girl or have the girl yell to pull projection from her, we only got to see her go after fan favorite Tara, stick up for VK, attack Miranda’s hair, and comment on the ladies field dancing at Highland Park HS.   I feel like Kitty got a bad edit.  Moreover, I prefer watching Kitty do her thing to Nic telling the ladies to let their inner Britney out.  

Fourth, I echo comments on the board and the stickers, and would like them to raise their game.  I’d like to hear Kelli discuss how the board “works” and for Judy to comment on how the ladies stack up each week.  I’ve been impressed by how participants on this board have screen shot the board and interpreted it.  How cool would it be to have that posted to CMT.com each week during the season?

Finally, there are other items I would like to learn about on the show or in vignettes posted to CMT or the DCC that may not be ideal for a series about making an NFL dance team.   We get a lot of this on the podcast, but it’s conveyed haphazardly.

1. Tenure Recognition Program.  I’d like to hear about the pinkie ring, who designed it, why the dove is there, and what it means.  IIRC, there is charm for five years of service.   Are there other items?

2. Performance Recognition.  I’d like to learn about Abbey Bear, Gameday Girl, Rookie of the Year, Vet of the Year, and Pro Bowl.  Who votes, on what criteria, and what do these things mean?

3. The Boot.  How many do they buy, which non-dancers get them (e.g. Courtney), and why do they get them?

4. Jinelle, Jinelle, Jinelle.  I want to watch that story produced.  Heck, I am surprised the local media hasn’t covered the story of a DCC in a lesbian relationship with a DCC staff member moving to Australia.  She should write a book.

5. The DCC Organization.  Who works there, what do they do, and how do they add value?

• Love 11
6 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

First, thanks for this topic.  It is a great chance to state opinions, and I’ve enjoyed reading the ones so far.

Second, I agree with those who have recommended more dance.  And better quality display of and commentary on the dance itself.

Third, I want to disagree with the Kitty comments to a degree.  There are three things that Kitty does that I find entertaining.  A) she holds dancers to a technical standard.   Historically, we see Kitty make the ladies go across the floor, stretch and repeat moves to get them right.  As the “technical coach” this is appropriate.  B) she offers tough evaluation of the TCCs to K&J.   I like hearing her point of view, and with the exception of VK, it has been consistent.  C) she does A&B with a tough, in-your-face personality which I enjoy immensely.  I believe that the show did a disservice to Kitty in S13, in that they didn’t show the traditional Kitty practice.  Rather, they coupled her with Nic Flores.  So, instead of watching her make a TCC hit her arm to pull power out of the girl or have the girl yell to pull projection from her, we only got to see her go after fan favorite Tara, stick up for VK, attack Miranda’s hair, and comment on the ladies field dancing at Highland Park HS.   I feel like Kitty got a bad edit.  Moreover, I prefer watching Kitty do her thing to Nic telling the ladies to let their inner Britney out.  

Fourth, I echo comments on the board and the stickers, and would like them to raise their game.  I’d like to hear Kelli discuss how the board “works” and for Judy to comment on how the ladies stack up each week.  I’ve been impressed by how participants on this board have screen shot the board and interpreted it.  How cool would it be to have that posted to CMT.com each week during the season?

Finally, there are other items I would like to learn about on the show or in vignettes posted to CMT or the DCC that may not be ideal for a series about making an NFL dance team.   We get a lot of this on the podcast, but it’s conveyed haphazardly.

1. Tenure Recognition Program.  I’d like to hear about the pinkie ring, who designed it, why the dove is there, and what it means.  IIRC, there is charm for five years of service.   Are there other items?

2. Performance Recognition.  I’d like to learn about Abbey Bear, Gameday Girl, Rookie of the Year, Vet of the Year, and Pro Bowl.  Who votes, on what criteria, and what do these things mean?

3. The Boot.  How many do they buy, which non-dancers get them (e.g. Courtney), and why do they get them?

4. Jinelle, Jinelle, Jinelle.  I want to watch that story produced.  Heck, I am surprised the local media hasn’t covered the story of a DCC in a lesbian relationship with a DCC staff member moving to Australia.  She should write a book.

5. The DCC Organization.  Who works there, what do they do, and how do they add value?

I'd definitely love to know more about all of these! Jinelle's book is something I would buy.

I want to kno more about the staff too and if they need a new marketing/social media person. I want that job!

• Love 1

Heck, it's hard to find ANY information about the DCC staff.  I want to know how they got their positions (like did they find out on a website like Indeed/Monster/etc., was it the Dallas Cowboys webpage, did they know someone who already worked there who recommended them, etc.), what it's like to work for the DCC, what working for Kelli is actually like, what her management style is like and how it differs from (and how it's similar to) how she manages the DCC, what their opinions of Kelli REALLY are, etc.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Heck, it's hard to find ANY information about the DCC staff.  I want to know how they got their positions (like did they find out on a website like Indeed/Monster/etc., was it the Dallas Cowboys webpage, did they know someone who already worked there who recommended them, etc.), what it's like to work for the DCC, what working for Kelli is actually like, what her management style is like and how it differs from (and how it's similar to) how she manages the DCC, what their opinions of Kelli REALLY are, etc.

Curious about pay since there are a lot of references to the “budget.”

• Love 1

tinabee1967

23 MINUTES AGO

I am sooooo sick of Thunderstruck. I love me some AC/DC, but enough is enough. Furthermore, I think the Cowboys can choose a much better beer than Bud Lite. 🤢 Raise your standards, guys! Even Bud regular from the tap is better and that's not saying much. 

(I copied this quote from Tinabee in a different topic...)

I like Thunderstruck, but come on.... they've dance THE SAME ROUTINE since 2011!!!   That's EIGHT YEARS doing the same routine!!  I do realize that they've made a few tweaks along the way, but essentially, it's THE SAME ROUTINE!!  Please, start fresh! Do something else!!

Also... When the girls dance to Thunderstruck, there are multiple shots of Cowboys making plays on the big screen.  Can't they just show the girls routine while they dance?  It's only 5 minutes at most.. aren't they "world class" enough to have 5 minutes of uninterrupted screen time??

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Tootie said:

I like Thunderstruck, but come on.... they've dance THE SAME ROUTINE since 2011!!!   That's EIGHT YEARS doing the same routine!!  I do realize that they've made a few tweaks along the way, but essentially, it's THE SAME ROUTINE!!  Please, start fresh! Do something else!!

Even when they did the Christmas show at The Star they danced to some Santa song that was to the tune of Thunderstruck.

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Even when they did the Christmas show at The Star they danced to some Santa song that was to the tune of Thunderstruck.

“Deck the Halls”

The video I saw of the show annoyed me on two fronts.  One, that they repackaged Thunderstruck.  Two, that Daphne was at point on the lower triangle.

I have not seen what everyone else has in that young woman.  She’s probably a sweetheart, but she seems like another example of blond hair and a tan whitewashing.

The first meeting, someone always says "It's our first meeting, I don't know what's going to happen or what we are going to talk about". SHUT. UP. Yes, you do, and if you don't know, you need to go back and watch all the previous seasons. 

I always liked the seasons where we saw the women on calendar shoot or them in social situations, like when the team went camping with Kelli and Judy. Not the fake social situations in a coffee shop talking, or the rookies practicing on their own and someone says "do you think it will be a cut night?" and everyone looks around all fake shocked. These women are NOT actresses and the wooden, pre-planned replies suck. 

And I HATE (can you say HATE) when they have country singers come to "evaluate" the women, it's so fake. I did like Nick Flores, I thought he was awesome. I would love him and Marshall having a bitch session during tryouts, the thought alone makes me smile. (And I think I'm the only one, but I've always adored Melissa Rycroft and I love her scenes...duck and run) 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, nrskim said:

The first meeting, someone always says "It's our first meeting, I don't know what's going to happen or what we are going to talk about". SHUT. UP. Yes, you do, and if you don't know, you need to go back and watch all the previous seasons. 

I always liked the seasons where we saw the women on calendar shoot or them in social situations, like when the team went camping with Kelli and Judy. Not the fake social situations in a coffee shop talking, or the rookies practicing on their own and someone says "do you think it will be a cut night?" and everyone looks around all fake shocked. These women are NOT actresses and the wooden, pre-planned replies suck. 

And I HATE (can you say HATE) when they have country singers come to "evaluate" the women, it's so fake. I did like Nick Flores, I thought he was awesome. I would love him and Marshall having a bitch session during tryouts, the thought alone makes me smile. (And I think I'm the only one, but I've always adored Melissa Rycroft and I love her scenes...duck and run) 

You aren't the only one - I like Melissa R.  However, I don't think they use her in the right way.  I've said this a million times before, but if you watch her on the deleted scenes just giving straight out advice about technique or showmanship, she is very good.  She puts it in a way that the gal will understand.  Occasionally they will let her do that on the show.  When they "create" a segment for to participate in, like the mentoring, it falls flat.  I think the only reason Breelan made the team is cause they had introduced the mentoring and wanted girls Melissa worked with on the squad.  

And yes, the comments that we can make bingo cards out of or start a drinking game with.  I think they need to ask more general questions instead of specific ones, get rid of the "script" and allow the girls to be more of themselves.  Maybe we'd be able to tell them apart better by the end of the season:)

• Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You aren't the only one - I like Melissa R.  However, I don't think they use her in the right way.  I've said this a million times before, but if you watch her on the deleted scenes just giving straight out advice about technique or showmanship, she is very good.  She puts it in a way that the gal will understand.  Occasionally they will let her do that on the show.  When they "create" a segment for to participate in, like the mentoring, it falls flat.  I think the only reason Breelan made the team is cause they had introduced the mentoring and wanted girls Melissa worked with on the squad.  

And yes, the comments that we can make bingo cards out of or start a drinking game with.  I think they need to ask more general questions instead of specific ones, get rid of the "script" and allow the girls to be more of themselves.  Maybe we'd be able to tell them apart better by the end of the season:)

CMT probably picks the girls they want Melissa to work with. I personally think the only reason why she is on the show is the fact she already had a contact with CMT, she won DWTS, and DWTS is on ABC which owns CMT. I would rather watch other former DCCs come in and help work with the girls except for Cassie and Tina of course. Former DCCs like Nicole Hamilton. Ashton Torres, and even Sarah G.  help the girls out a lot more in my opinion more because Melissa usually parrots what Kelli and Judy have already told the girls who are struggling.

Edited by bigskygirl
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, nrskim said:

Not the fake social situations in a coffee shop talking

We used to have an "unpopular opinions" thread, and if it were still there, I'd have to list this as my #1 unpopular opinion...I think the coffee shop scenes are cute *ducks*

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, nrskim said:

I love country singers but it never comes across well on screen. More guest choreographers would be great, I love the lyrical styles but they're not very DCC. 

Nick and Marshall bitch session, I am all for this! 

• Love 3

I really need CMT or DCC to get the rights to the songs so when I see them dancing, I see them dancing to the right songs.  In addition, for the reruns, please get better songs that match the dancing if you cannot play the original song.  That shit drives me insane!

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 6:37 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I'm in the "can't stand Melissa" group.  She was at best a mediocre DCC.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Can we have thought bubbles above Judy, Scott, Nick, & Marshall's heads during judging & deliberations showing us what they're really thinking but can't say out loud? 

Spike their drinks with some truth serum.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2019 at 11:37 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I hated her in the Breelan season but have liked her a bit more since then. I like it when she does dance and showmanship feedback with the videos but can't STAND the fitness bits etc - the spin class and the injury prevention class were boring and cringeworthy. She does know what she's talking about with showmanship but the rest is such filler BS. 

• Love 3

I do not think Melissa the Mentor knows a lot about showmanship. She is probably told what to say and do with the girls. She says a lot of things Kelli, Judy, group leaders, dance instructors, and veterans on the squad tell the TC Candidates. I do not think she has a lot of say so who does or does not make the team. CMT is own by ABC, and ABC of course has Dancing With the Stars. ABC wins because they can constantly remind us Melissa won DWTS, so they get to plug their show, so it is a win-win situation for all. I also do not think Judy, Charlotte and Kelli are happy Melissa is there. I would rather see former DCCs (except for Cassie and Tina) working with the girls.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I would rather see former DCCs (except for Cassie and Tina) working with the girls.

Tina is. BY FAR. my least favourite guest. She's always so mean but adds zero value. 

• Love 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Tina is. BY FAR. my least favourite guest. She's always so mean but adds zero value. 

I didn't care for Mia the year she was critiquing the rookie potentials...she was so snarky about the rookie candidate who kept stumbling...was that Erin? 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

The comment she made about Chandler aka looks like a grandma. I would have said have you look in the mirror lately. Tina looks like a middle aged madam.

Tina is that mom from Mean Girls without the looks.

1 hour ago, Kayce said:

I didn't care for Mia the year she was critiquing the rookie potentials...she was so snarky about the rookie candidate who kept stumbling...was that Erin? 

Mia and Gina's Paris Hilton wannabe baby voice grates on my nerves.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

It's almost like Mia forgot what it was like to be a rookie. She got criticized in TC and called into the office. She wasn't perfect.

• Love 8