Type keyword(s) to search

Show Format: Irritations and Fresh Ideas

dccfangirl
  • Start Topic

Please feel free to redirect this post if a new topic isn't appropriate. 

After THIRTEEN seasons of the show I know this forum has strong feelings about some of the production choices that go in to making DCCMTT. I would personally love for this show to go for another 13 seasons but definitely (K's fave word) think there are some elements that need to be changed up in order to make the show feel more modern. My top ones would be:

- Following the really strong TCC candidates rather than only the ones who get cut/are on the bubble. And following them through dance and DCC life rather than just an outtake about a sob story in their past "my neighbor's friend's grandmother once died"

- Fewer staged conversations eg Cowboy fit and nutrition in the last season. These kill the mood and make the girls look dumb .

- More following of the girls/staff in a non staged way - we love just watching rehearsals and conversations about real issues (eg cuts) and seeing real conversations. More locker room talk and less fake conversations.

- When showing something we've seen thirteen times (auditions, group photo, uniform fittings) we need to see something different - it feels like Kelli's love of tradition makes them do exactly the same thing each year. We need to see new things in a NATURAL way - having Anthony Ramos/Nick Flores have staged conversations doesn't give us anything new, it's just a different person doing the same thing. In terms of the choreo - we never hear the girls talk about it, which bits are hard? The perform it several times, do they get tired? How does it feel when you have larger shorts vs the tiny ones? It's time to hear things we haven't heard before.

- More from the girls and Marshall on makeover day rather than Kelli; Melissa Rycroft is great on dance but miserable (and fake) on fitness and personal counselling. 

Anyway those are just some of my major gripes but I really am interested to hear y'all bug bears and ideas for a fresher show. I think they have tried really hard in the last few years (eg veteran segments) to give the fans what we want but I worry that the show may become too formulaic!

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

After THIRTEEN seasons of the show I know this forum has strong feelings about some of the production choices that go in to making DCCMTT. I would personally love for this show to go for another 13 seasons but definitely (K's fave word) think there are some elements that need to be changed up in order to make the show feel more modern. My top ones would be:

- Following the really strong TCC candidates rather than only the ones who get cut/are on the bubble. And following them through dance and DCC life rather than just an outtake about a sob story in their past "my neighbor's friend's grandmother once died"

- Fewer staged conversations eg Cowboy fit and nutrition in the last season. These kill the mood and make the girls look dumb .

- More following of the girls/staff in a non staged way - we love just watching rehearsals and conversations about real issues (eg cuts) and seeing real conversations. More locker room talk and less fake conversations.

- When showing something we've seen thirteen times (auditions, group photo, uniform fittings) we need to see something different - it feels like Kelli's love of tradition makes them do exactly the same thing each year. We need to see new things in a NATURAL way - having Anthony Ramos/Nick Flores have staged conversations doesn't give us anything new, it's just a different person doing the same thing. In terms of the choreo - we never hear the girls talk about it, which bits are hard? The perform it several times, do they get tired? How does it feel when you have larger shorts vs the tiny ones? It's time to hear things we haven't heard before.

- More from the girls and Marshall on makeover day rather than Kelli; Melissa Rycroft is great on dance but miserable (and fake) on fitness and personal counselling. 

Anyway those are just some of my major gripes but I really am interested to hear y'all bug bears and ideas for a fresher show. I think they have tried really hard in the last few years (eg veteran segments) to give the fans what we want but I worry that the show may become too formulaic!

I would love to see more dancing/rehearsal time and having the camera focus on them dancing for longer than a split second.

• Love 20

Well for me this is what I would prefer:

2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Following the really strong TCC candidates rather than only the ones who get cut/are on the bubble

I want to see ALL of the candidates, I don't need their backstories, I just want to see them dance and compare them to the others. I like how they would have three up at a time (with their names) and show them doing the same choreography.  They need to do this more often than just a 5 second thing.

Fewer staged conversations eg Cowboy fit and nutrition in the last season. These kill the mood and make the girls look dumb .

I can't stand the staged conversations, because all of the candidates are afraid to say what's really on their mind because they know they are in a constant "auditioning" mode.

More from the girls and Marshall on makeover day

I would love to see an episode dedicated to an actual make over.  If a girl just needs a trim and a subtle change to what they already have, then just say so and move on to the next girl. Also, I wish they would encourage different hairstyles.  No more hair extensions!

I'm not anti Melissa Rycroft, I think she's fine if there is a girl that really needs the help.  Don't force her into something that is not needed just because you want her on the show.

I actually love the uniform fitting and would, again, prefer to see each and every fitting and conversation with Kelli.  This is the best opportunity to get a more personal information, aka do you work, a student, where do you live etc etc. 

Although the eating etiquette classes are cute, to me they should only be used if the Cowboys organization is sending these girls to participate in meal banquets (not just performing then leaving).

I REALLY enjoyed the "sticker system".  I thought that was fantastic to see how each person (group leaders included) would pick their team. 

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I REALLY enjoyed the "sticker system".  I thought that was fantastic to see how each person (group leaders included) would pick their team. 

I agree - I think anything that gives "real" insight into decisions is so much more interesting.

3 hours ago, J-R said:

I would love to see more dancing/rehearsal time and having the camera focus on them dancing for longer than a split second.

And better music/choreo matching - more dancing rather than slo-mo hair flips. We get that they can all flip their hair. 

• Love 8

I would like to see more of the group leaders. I would love to see group leaders leading practice, giving guidance, giving their opinions to Kelli and Judy, etc.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Slate said:

I would like to see more of the group leaders. I would love to see group leaders leading practice, giving guidance, giving their opinions to Kelli and Judy, etc.

Definitely! They’ve been getting more screentime lately but we haven’t seen GL practices so far.

i liked the vets outside of practice segments & the former dccs, so please keep that up.

i also like seeing the vets practicing the finals choreo and the calendar shooting. They should go back to having prems and semis in one episode and finals as a separate episode.

• Love 7

Don't concentrate on one TCC (VK) who makes mistakes/ gaining weight but keeps getting 2nd chances. Poor Madeline got yelled at for changing lockers while VK was treated differently in the whole Jinnelle mentor situation. She should have been cut immediately. 

• Love 15

I would love to see more of the group leaders. They should show the process behind how they get picked and paired up. They could really focus on the positive qualities of the 8 women who make senior leadership and really feature them prominently all season. 

Once the groups are picked, I’d love to see leaders overseeing group rehearsals and get more of a sense of the group dynamics in general. How does Lacey’s style differ Fromm Kasharas style and what qualities do each posess that make them stand out... in addition to mentoring rookies who need extra coaching or help. That would give more context for when the group leaders are brought into the office and asked to give feedback. 

And continuing on this, I’d love to see second group leaders featured more.  This would show us who is stepping up, and who future group leaders will be. 

LOVE seeing the triangle placement episode.  This is new and really fascinating to watch.  Also loved getting so much feedback from guest choreographers and seeing who they thought were standouts.  

• Love 15

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. I think that if the calendar shoot precedes auditions, they should show that before the preliminary round of auditions. They can show the results later in the season when they do the calendar reveal. That way, it's more dramatic when a veteran gets cut at final auditions. I never understood why (in season 7) they shared that the girls were going on the calendar in spring and then stuck it at the end of the season like that was believable. 

I'd also like to see a conversation between Kelli and Judy in how they strategize and place vets and rookies in each group. The rookies are changed due to the number of rookies leaving in each group, but when a vet gets placed in a group, that's their group and it doesn't change. I agree more footage of how the group leaders lead their own individual rehearsals. 

• Love 12
Just now, LaurelleJ said:

I'd also like to see a conversation between Kelli and Judy in how they strategize and place vets and rookies in each group. The rookies are changed due to the number of rookies leaving in each group, but when a vet gets placed in a group, that's their group and it doesn't change. I agree more footage of how the group leaders lead their own individual rehearsals. 

Agree I think group placement is so interesting - it seems they don't want to focus on it because they move the rookies around if there are more cuts on one group than another.

I REALLY hate when they call the groups up to do routines and then they show a compilation of random dancers eg if Judy says "ok let's see group two do this" and then you end up seeing people who you know aren't in group two. 

Also I know they do Russian Roulette (ie play random songs and the dancers have to pick up the routine) in rehearsals but we rarely get to see this and I think it would be fun.  I like seeing the group leaders pick sideline tags. Basically I like the pro dance elements rather than fake dance elements. 

• Love 8

Agree I think group placement is so interesting - it seems they don't want to focus on it because they move the rookies around if there are more cuts on one group than another.

I REALLY hate when they call the groups up to do routines and then they show a compilation of random dancers eg if Judy says "ok let's see group two do this" and then you end up seeing people who you know aren't in group two. 

Also I know they do Russian Roulette (ie play random songs and the dancers have to pick up the routine) in rehearsals but we rarely get to see this and I think it would be fun.  I like seeing the group leaders pick sideline tags. Basically I like the pro dance elements rather than fake dance elements. 

I have been away from my desk all day but was thinking all of the above.  Thank you for starting this topic.  I hope TPTB will follow along take some of our suggestions.

• Love 1

I would like them to go back to the original format of the show - the dancers were auditioning to be on the squad.  They weren't auditioning to become a "character" on a tv show.  Nowadays, it seems they are chosen by how much possible drama they will bring.   And please don't say that there were over 500 trying out when there were maybe 150.  

Kitty has become a caricature of her former self.  She has gotten meaner, not blunt and honest about what the girls need to work on.  Before I would think, yes why is that girl trying out when she can't do a pirouette??  And now I'm thinking, wow did Miranda run over your cat or something?

I don't want to hear several times during an episode how hard it is to cut girls when there are girls obviously not ready.  I don't want to hear that the first game is in 2 weeks, 1 week and we have so many girls and Kelli is stressed.  Pick a cut off date a few days before the squad photo and Family and Friends and stick to it.

I liked the Where Are They Now segments.  I liked getting to know Amy and Tasha, but it would have been nice to have seen more girls.  I agree with everyone else on the Cowboy Fit/Star promotions.  I did like that one nutritionist meeting with each gal individually.  That seems realistic as each girl will adjust to the practice schedule in their own way.

Makeovers/uniform fittings - wouldn't want to see every one of them.  

Main thing - I don't want to see a repeat of last season.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would like them to go back to the original format of the show - the dancers were auditioning to be on the squad.  They weren't auditioning to become a "character" on a tv show.  Nowadays, it seems they are chosen by how much possible drama they will bring.   And please don't say that there were over 500 trying out when there were maybe 150.  

Kitty has become a caricature of her former self.  She has gotten meaner, not blunt and honest about what the girls need to work on.  Before I would think, yes why is that girl trying out when she can't do a pirouette??  And now I'm thinking, wow did Miranda run over your cat or something?

I don't want to hear several times during an episode how hard it is to cut girls when there are girls obviously not ready.  I don't want to hear that the first game is in 2 weeks, 1 week and we have so many girls and Kelli is stressed.  Pick a cut off date a few days before the squad photo and Family and Friends and stick to it.

I liked the Where Are They Now segments.  I liked getting to know Amy and Tasha, but it would have been nice to have seen more girls.  I agree with everyone else on the Cowboy Fit/Star promotions.  I did like that one nutritionist meeting with each gal individually.  That seems realistic as each girl will adjust to the practice schedule in their own way.

Makeovers/uniform fittings - wouldn't want to see every one of them.  

Main thing - I don't want to see a repeat of last season.

AMEN! I second that.

• Love 4

I know I'm asking for the impossible, but might as well try ....

1. No more using the DCC for cheesy product placement scenes to promote the STAR. Or get a better director to film the scenes. The product placement is so OBVIOUS and TACKY.

2.  Strive for a SYTYCD dance competition reality show level, opposed to The Bachelor type drama.

3. No more moms (no offense Shelley B.) of Legacies at auditions, It makes the girls look like lost toddlers, opposed to confident women.

4. Lastly, NO MORE Kitty. She's abusive, oppressive, and down right MEAN. She enjoys fucking with the candidates minds like an abusive husband. First she humiliates them, then she pulls the "In the end of the day, we're a sisterhood" bullshit. She's low class.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 16
On 3/10/2019 at 5:37 AM, dccfangirl said:

I want more Marshall and more drama! less melissa rycroft. I wanna see who don't like each other lol!!

-no fucking product placement.  I’m looking at you Cowboy fit and their wonderful cryotherapy machines

-Kelli to go back to her casual self.  She used to wear jeans to rehearsals.  Now we get the bandana dress overload.  It’s very real housewivesesque.  

-no more where are they now segments.  That’s what Instagram is for.  It’s boring 

-I’m fact, stop with all the filler crap.  Do I really care to see these girls learn how to rope?  No

-more show group stuff  

• Love 5

I would love to see more focus on the stand out, show group rookies who experience very few problems during TC as opposed to as much heavy focus on the TCCs who will be eventually cut. 

Would love to see more segments on the Vets we love as we did with Amy and Tasha last season! For example, show us how the previous year's rookies are transitioning into becoming Vets instead of having them somewhat disappear into the background of group dance scenes. 

Additionally, more light shed on the choosing of first and second Group Leaders and let us see more of the Leaders in action! 

Love that the last few seasons have shown the placement of pyramid positions and point girl! 

Perhaps more team bonding scenes outside of practice like we saw in earlier seasons. 

Loved last Season's insertion of what certain Former DCC are doing now into each episode. 

Show us the appointment of boot buddies and how they bond during Training Camp. 

Finally, I enjoy the Makeovers and etiquette training, would love to see a bit more of those! 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I would love to see more focus on the stand out, show group rookies who experience very few problems during TC as opposed to as much heavy focus on the TCCs who will be eventually cut. 

Would love to see more segments on the Vets we love as we did with Amy and Tasha last season! For example, show us how the previous year's rookies are transitioning into becoming Vets instead of having them somewhat disappear into the background of group dance scenes. 

Additionally, more light shed on the choosing of first and second Group Leaders and let us see more of the Leaders in action! 

Love that the last few seasons have shown the placement of pyramid positions and point girl! 

Perhaps more team bonding scenes outside of practice like we saw in earlier seasons. 

Loved last Season's insertion of what certain Former DCC are doing now into each episode. 

Show us the appointment of boot buddies and how they bond during Training Camp. 

Finally, I enjoy the Makeovers and etiquette training, would love to see a bit more of those! 

I really agree with this part. It makes the team look bad when they only focus on borderline candidates, and the last episode is pointing out all of mistakes of people who do eventually make the team. They focus so much on the borderline TCC's that when some of them make the team, I have a negative perception of them. Focusing on those with little problems would actually help the DCC image overall.

• Love 6

I’d like to see less of tryouts and the bulk of the show be TC and first few games. I feel there’s more interesting plots once you get down to 40-45 ladies  

Less staged stuff. This show is the least “real” reality show ever. I don’t need Kelly and Judy to repeat the same info on how things work or the importance of this and that. I wanna see struggle, genuine support, more candid interviews. 

Cut it with the boot camps and fitness stuff. It makes me feel fatter watching people already in shape feeling the need to lose pounds. We get it. 

They’ve been including alumni more, but I’m greedy and would like to see them scattered around in various aspects. I feel like a few would even be qualified as judges and overall mentors over Melissa, even if it’s just a rotational thing. 

More focus on veterans in TC. I’d still keep the majority of the plot on rookies but I’d like to keep up with vets other than when they’re being called into the office for something. More vet/rookie interactions outside of practice (that aren’t staged at this coffee shop sponsorship mess)

Edited by HowdeeDo
Typos
  • Love 3

I would like to see more of the deliberations from the judges at finals. I feel like we always get a 5 minute snippet of the conversation, but it’s one of my favorite segments of tryouts.  

I would also like to see more of the end of season vet meetings prior to tryouts.

I want to see how the groups are formed and how they choose point. With a new point this coming year, they should be interesting.

Lastly, as always, more dance. I couldn’t care less about the Cowboys facility or anything like that. 

• Love 12

Random thoughts...

Auditions:

I don't need to see this dragged out over 3 weeks plus an orientation meeting.  I'd rather see more of the process once actually IN TC.   By that I don't mean the 3-5 second snippets of dancing.  

Music:

I wish there was a way to see the TC routines danced to the actual music they were choreographed to.  I am so sick of the same repetitive music they use that is obviously not the actual music the choreographer used.

The Season:

I would love to see more beyond their first opening game.  I get it isn't financially feasible to have a CMT production crew follow them all season long, but would really love to see more than just their initial game.  The show always feels at least 3 episodes short for me.

Agree with all the comments about seeing more of the group leaders, the GL & group choosing process and GL's teaching and working with their groups.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Random thoughts...

Auditions:

I don't need to see this dragged out over 3 weeks plus an orientation meeting.  I'd rather see more of the process once actually IN TC.   By that I don't mean the 3-5 second snippets of dancing.  

Music:

I wish there was a way to see the TC routines danced to the actual music they were choreographed to.  I am so sick of the same repetitive music they use that is obviously not the actual music the choreographer used.

The Season:

I would love to see more beyond their first opening game.  I get it isn't financially feasible to have a CMT production crew follow them all season long, but would really love to see more than just their initial game.  The show always feels at least 3 episodes short for me.

Agree with all the comments about seeing more of the group leaders, the GL & group choosing process and GL's teaching and working with their groups.

Agree, Agree, Agree

Auditions;

Please, we do not need to see the girls that obviously are not going to make it.  For example, the girls that the judges laugh and snicker and roll their eyes at.  It is not only a waste of time for viewers but rude and disrespectful to the girls.

I would like to see more of the solo routines.  Longer snips of the solos and the name of the person performing the solo.

The Season:

I think someone else also noted, I would like to see more regarding choosing the formation of the triangle.

Edited by J-R
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, J-R said:

I would like to see more of the solo routines.  Longer snips of the solos and the name of the person performing the solo.

Yes!  This is another wish list item I forgot.  More footage of the solos please and thank you!

• Love 8

I wish they would follow up on the second year girls and give them a redemption narrative or see how they’ve progressed. For example, they made Gina out to be an entitled bratty dancer in her rookie year.  Now, like it or not, we all think Gina is just a snotty extra dancer who thinks too highly of herself. If they had followed up on her progression, they could possibly have gotten us to feel a bit more sympathetic or supportive of her. Maybe she’s learned to become a great leader. Maybe she’s more humble. Maybe she’s a great teacher.. but we don’t know because they stopped showing Gina her second year. 

In the same vein, I would love to see which girls have improved in their dancing skills from their rookie year through the seasons - let’s see more of Ashlee, Brennan, Briana, Cianna, etc. in addition to the new crop of rookies. And what made Lexie go from a random rookie to a second year showgroup vet?!  Showcase her more to let us know how she got there.

In other words, COMPLETE their narratives!  Otherwise some of these poor girls just continue to be known for how they were portrayed (accurately or not) in their rookie year, and we never fully understand how they develop or blossom. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 20

one of the things I appreciate is when they make notes about the specifics (especially the dance-related specifics) when they profile the girls who don't make it all the way through.  For instance, I loved their coverage of Maddie in the early parts of last season's show - Kelli made a specific statement about stiffness in Maddie's hips, and the camera then panned over to show what she was talking about.  It helped me, as someone who is (sadly) not a dance expert, understand why she didn't make it.  

I remember Kelli saying at one point that she wished she could have a one-on-one with each of the girls who didn't make final cuts, so they would know and understand what they have to work on (also, incidentally, one of the reasons I really like Kelli - she genuinely seems to love helping people develop their talent).  While it clearly wouldn't be possible to have one-on-ones with each of the girls, profiling specifics might help honor the spirit of what she is trying to do, and hopefully give at least some of the girls a chance to work on what they need in order to eventually make it.  In Maddie's case, she seemed to have a strong, positive spirit about it and I hope she gets to come back and rock the hell out of it this year if that's what she still wants to do.

Also wish they could have some kind of technical dance scholarships available for young women like Paris, who might not have the resources for technical training, but clearly has a gift for dance.  She was one of the girls I really enjoyed watching in the prelims, and I wish she could have gone farther.  I was sad when she said she wouldn't be back, and I'm hoping she changed her mind.  It makes me sad to think that DCC could be missing out on some truly gifted dancers with natural aptitude, who are just unable to compete with other young women who have had the advantage of technical training from a young age.

• Love 6

Less backstories, especially sobby, contrived back stories. Hannah's was really the only one I liked in years. 

Let us know who skipped prelim round 1. That's a credit to the girls, not a cheat ticket.

Lose the really bad dangers and Judy smirking and rolling her eyes. It's rude and looks like you're making fun of mental challenged people.

MORE SOLOS.

More actual dance footage. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO NOT SWITCH AND SPLICE SHOTS EVERY SECOND. If they are so world class then who cares if other people learn their routines. Often imitated never duplicatd or whatever, right?

The scene last season where they asked GLs what they thought of candidates was GREAT. Show some deliberation and how they choose one over the other, hos GLs have input. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

More actual dance footage. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO NOT SWITCH AND SPLICE SHOTS EVERY SECOND. 

The scene last season where they asked GLs what they thought of candidates was GREAT. Show some deliberation and how they choose one over the other, hos GLs have input. 

Re: the SWITCH AND SPLICE EVERY SECOND - Amen Sister!  I abhor when CMT does that.  Makes my brain & visual focus mechanism hurt.

Re: the "hos" GLs - LMAO! 🤣😉

• Love 3

When prelims and semis were split into their own episodes I was not a fan. It would be fine if they actually spent time focusing on candidates that actually make it to training camp.  It's not like at that point CMT doesn't know who makes it to camp, we could meet so many more rookie candidates during the first two episodes instead of meeting them way down the line when they are doing their cameo photos. We waste so much time on candidates that don't make it to finals and may or may not reaudition the next year, even though I understand that for storyline that they have to include some people that make it to finals but not camp so they can have more of a story for the next audition.

• Love 4

Stop making the show into a propaganda program for the Cowboys and DCC organizations. Stop saying the DCCs are the best in the entertainment field because they are not. Bring back the format from Seasons 2 to 5 because in my opinion, the squad’s and the show’s quality started going downhill. Stop with the blasted drama, and bringing in girls into TC who does have a snowball chance in heck of making the team for the ratings and drama.

In the case of Paris, she would have made it to TC or on the squad because of her hard life sob story, and because Kelli likes her. Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte want girls who are willing to sign their live over and are easily brainwashed into thinking being a DCC is the ultimate goal in a woman’s life, and if the girl has a great sob story along with being  a Kelli and Charlotte favorite she will have a better chance of making the squad even with no dancing skills. 

I think a big one is CMT shouldn't be afraid of the technical dance content - shows like Dance Moms and SYTYCD show that audiences either know enough or "get it" to follow. I personally like it when they have a wide shot of the group so you can see them side by side and notice mistakes and timing issues. The compilation of hair flips and slow mo moves is so cheesy and boring. 

Also when the girls arrive early and practise before rehearsal - that seems like prime camera time. 

I think conversations about diet and fitness are relevant and interesting because they have such extreme demands but I want it to be through the cheerleaders' eyes - I would be way more interested in a Q&A with Jinelle and girls on weight probation than I would on random nutritionists. 

• Love 5

Can we add to the title of this thread PodCast suggestions and irritations?!  Courtney gets more annoying each week.  Shannon has been a "no-show", Jinelle has been awesome as guest co-host and Courtney sounds like an amateur host, giggles constantly, interrupts and answers questions directed at the guests!  UGH!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, J-R said:

Can we add to the title of this thread PodCast suggestions and irritations?!  Courtney gets more annoying each week.  Shannon has been a "no-show", Jinelle has been awesome as guest co-host and Courtney sounds like an amateur host, giggles constantly, interrupts and answers questions directed at the guests!  UGH!

Agree 100%. 

On 3/17/2019 at 1:36 PM, J-R said:

For sure. 1) enough with inside jokes

2) NEW QUESTIONSSSS - please don't ask "what was the most surprising thing about training camp" again - also they can never articulate this question in a way that makes sense to the girls which is absurd given how often they ask it. 

3) I never want to hear about Shannon's vacations. EVER AGAIN.

4) i think it's much better with Jinelle there but they need to freshen up the format - but the games they play suck and are no fun.

5) Enough with plugging prep classes...

• Love 2

One suggestion I have is that, when Victoria auditions again, ignore her completely.  Do not give her ANY screen time, do not mention her name, do not focus on her in ANY way, unless it is when she is pulled into the office.  I wonder how she'd handle the complete lack of attention and NOT being the center of everything this time around.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

One suggestion I have is that, when Victoria auditions again, ignore her completely.  Do not give her ANY screen time, do not mention her name, do not focus on her in ANY way, unless it is when she is pulled into the office.  I wonder how she'd handle the complete lack of attention and NOT being the center of everything this time around.

I would think it would help her like it seems to have helped TCC's in the past.  They can focus on what they need to without the extra attention.  Unfortunately, I can see her being a storyline.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would think it would help her like it seems to have helped TCC's in the past.  They can focus on what they need to without the extra attention.  Unfortunately, I can see her being a storyline.

It may help to focus on what she needs to but it may also distract her because, given what we've seen in current videos, she'll be looking for the camera(s) all the time and NOT focusing on what she's supposed to be, which is dancing.  She also should have been focusing on improving EVERYTHING she was told to, not just focus on one thing (weight).  I seem to remember hearing that the girls are given notes during Training Camp (not sure if they're given copies of the judges' notes) so who knows WHAT she was given to work on beyond what was actively discussed in the office.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

For sure. 1) enough with inside jokes

2) NEW QUESTIONSSSS - please don't ask "what was the most surprising thing about training camp" again - also they can never articulate this question in a way that makes sense to the girls which is absurd given how often they ask it. 

3) I never want to hear about Shannon's vacations. EVER AGAIN.

4) i think it's much better with Jinelle there but they need to freshen up the format - but the games they play suck and are no fun.

5) Enough with plugging prep classes...

Did anyone else notice Courtney stepping all over Jinelle when Jinelle was prepared to ask questions she had noted from people on FB?  Courtney interrupted her to fumble around looking for questions to ask because she, of course, had NOTHING prepared.  

6) Enough with Courtney commenting on how she called or texted this DCC or that DCC, trying to make sure everyone knows what an "insider" she is and how Jinelle called her to give her a ride when Jinelle's car broke down...ugh.....

• Love 2
23 hours ago, J-R said:

Did anyone else notice Courtney stepping all over Jinelle when Jinelle was prepared to ask questions she had noted from people on FB?  Courtney interrupted her to fumble around looking for questions to ask because she, of course, had NOTHING prepared.  

6) Enough with Courtney commenting on how she called or texted this DCC or that DCC, trying to make sure everyone knows what an "insider" she is and how Jinelle called her to give her a ride when Jinelle's car broke down...ugh.....

All of this is spot on mate! 😃

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Dancing, dancing and more dancing. 

Deliberations between Judi, Keli and the folks they bring in. I want to hear what they have to say. 

I want to see the vets too. More GL talk.

I am tired of the show feeling like a big ole commercial.

I'm over Kitty.  

• Love 11

I'd love to see the swimsuit calendar shoot again but I doubt that will happen if they're doing it before auditions. Have we still not heard whether or not the show has been renewed? When did we find out last year?

11 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

I'd love to see the swimsuit calendar shoot again but I doubt that will happen if they're doing it before auditions. Have we still not heard whether or not the show has been renewed? When did we find out last year?

I still haven’t found any indication the show has been renewed. I would think with the calendar shoot coming up, it should be decided since cmt always films it for the show. 

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl said:

I still haven’t found any indication the show has been renewed. I would think with the calendar shoot coming up, it should be decided since cmt always films it for the show. 

Do they? They haven't shown it on the show in several seasons until this past season

(edited)

Three things I just thought of that I don't believe have been mentioned yet...

I'd like to see how Judy (etc) picks which group the TCCs will be in.

PLEASE get another photographer to do the cameos!  They were not flattering...  (possibly different make-up artists, too)

Show ALL of the girls that make Show Group.  It only takes a couple of seconds to show their faces.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 3/24/2019 at 5:56 PM, scorpio1031 said:

If she's the type that WANTS the attention (which it seems she is, as well as the rumors from last year about her sitting down with Kelli and CMT to create a story-line specifically for her), then NOT having the camera focused on her all the time, NOT having all sorts of talking heads, NOT being "The Focus" of the season would distract her a LOT.  We've seen even in videos created just for her Instagram, that she can get focused on the camera too much.  The only other girl who focused so much on where the camera was and everything else about what people thought was Vivian in her last Training Camp.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1