Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: A Stormy Affair

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

So now is she going to tat herself up the wazoo for more attention?  Seems like she just does these things for the TV drama.

She's tatting herself up to better fit in with the Doctor Now crowd.... 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So this 34 year old woman has both Tal & Buddy as roommates ?  She obviously is someone that just can't stand to be alone huh - attention on her 100 percent of the time ?  I live for Mr Frauds fishing weekends with his buddies - the whole house, fridge and bed to myself -  

I so agree. 

My hubbie is gone for 2 weeks visiting family in another state far away.  Bliss!

The house stays clean. 

I can think quiet thoughts and plan redecorating, or do it without interruptions. 

• Love 11

Mr. Mytmo just came back from a football coaching conference.  I live for these conferences.  No one asking "What's for dinner?" or "Why are you eating Lucky Charms for dinner - what are you 10?" comments for a couple days.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

She's tatting herself up to better fit in with the Doctor Now crowd.... 

She doesn't even put any consideration into it.  She just seems to gravitate to the most grotesque image on the flash wall, and says "Yup, that's the one.  Pick a roll and slap it on."  She's vile.

Edited by Dr. Acula
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So now is she going to tat herself up the wazoo for more attention?  Seems like she just does these things for the TV drama.

I hate to see women tattoo their calfs and forearms its so manly looking. I wonder if she had it put there because it was only spot that was lump and cellulite free?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Out of all the things to tattoo in remembrance of Alaska - they pick the ugliest thing - I am not talking about icebergs, they are pretty spectacular to see, just the art of said tattoos they got.  I think my nephew got a slap on tattoo like that for 25 cents from a gumball machine

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

What a great idea for a recovering Addict, who just weathered a “relationship” he should never have started, to get involved sexually with a close friend. When THAT breakup happens, he will have alienated everyone he knows except his parents. Brilliant! Good luck, Buddy Bell Bear. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Fresh.

Twerking.

LOL What?

Also that shit with the cataract surgery was so over done. There's no reason, ever, for Whitney to not only be present at her mother's doctor appointment but to answer the doctor when he asks Babs a direct question like that. Babs is not incompetent. She can speak for her damn self.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

Fresh.

Twerking.

LOL What?

Also that shit with the cataract surgery was so over done. There's no reason, ever, for Whitney to not only be present at her mother's doctor appointment but to answer the doctor when he asks Babs a direct question like that. Babs is not incompetent. She can speak for her damn self.

Yes that really made me angry when Whit was answering for Babs.   All about Whitball (auto correct and I am keeping it) all the time.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

What a great idea for a recovering Addict, who just weathered a “relationship” he should never have started, to get involved sexually with a close friend. When THAT breakup happens, he will have alienated everyone he knows except his parents. Brilliant! Good luck, Buddy Bell Bear. 

Ha! You think Whitney would ever let BooBear go if she ever got her hooks on him? We saw her proudly announce 80 text messages and 1200 phone calls to the fake boyfriend Lenny when he went missing for 1 day, she would go full bunny boiler over Buddy.

To his advantage, he could do all manner of fuckery to her and still have  a place to rest his head. Stay minimally employed, start doing "blow" again, get terrible tattoos none of it would matter. She'd never cut him loose.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I hope next week's episode is devoted entirely to Babs' eye drops. That I might get excited about.

Only if Buddy is attempting to help her with them, and Whitney arrives on the screen to let her mother know in no uncertain terms to keep away from HER Boo Bear.

• LOL 7
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder about how Dad views it too, but, in a way, I don't think that he's too disappointed.  If Whit were just working a regular job in Greensboro, even teaching school, she would likely not have the income that she has now with the TLC job.  I'm not saying it's all that respectable, but, it affords her a pretty good living, access to travel, provides incomes for her parents and most of her close friends.  I sense that Glenn's biggest concern is not her employment status, but, her health.  He makes no bones about the fact that she is not healthy at this weight. 

Glenn's continued devotion to work is a mystery to me.  He sure works a lot to be over retirement age.  I know a few men who are that way. They seem to feel that their work keeps them vital. My dad retired, then decided to take another job part-time, left that and has regretted retirement ever since.  He keeps busy with various activities, Silver Sneakers, Christian fellowship meetings, church, etc., but, it's not enough for him....he's 81!

May I direct your attention (and admiration!) to Dr Pol, a very active large-and-small animal veterinarian who is in his mid-70? Sometimes age is just a number.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, B in Lee said:

May I direct your attention (and admiration!) to Dr Pol, a very active large-and-small animal veterinarian who is in his mid-70? Sometimes age is just a number.

Yeah, I've seen him.  And, Dr. Now. (TLC)  And today, I saw a 95 year-old Navy man who is WALKING across the country.....for the second time!  lol  So, what I said....never mind.  lol 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/95-year-old-wwii-vet-will-run-across-the-us-for-a-second-time/ar-BBUPJcf

• Love 1
On 3/15/2019 at 3:23 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Out of all the things to tattoo in remembrance of Alaska - they pick the ugliest thing - I am not talking about icebergs, they are pretty spectacular to see, just the art of said tattoos they got.  

What's so funny to me, is that she made a point of saying something about how they intentionally got them on the appropriate legs so that when they stand beside each other, they match (or something like that).  So I expected to see something where the tattoo sort of ended on one person's leg and started on the other, to make a complete picture when they stood beside each other.  But when they did stand beside each other to show it off, there was nothing matching/complementary or anything like that...just two (stupid) similar-looking tattoos.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 3/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, Brooklynista said:

Ha! You think Whitney would ever let BooBear go if she ever got her hooks on him? We saw her proudly announce 80 text messages and 1200 phone calls to the fake boyfriend Lenny when he went missing for 1 day, she would go full bunny boiler over Buddy.

What got me with Lenny, was when she drove over and pounded on his door, at 3AM or such.
But he did finally manage to escape.  And we never heard from her second cousin again.

• Love 6
On 3/16/2019 at 12:29 PM, Mothra said:

I hope next week's episode is devoted entirely to Babs' eye drops. That I might get excited about.

I did over mine, when I discovered the 2 tiny little bottles, cost almost $300 together.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I did over mine, when I discovered the 2 tiny little bottles, cost almost $300 together.

And a friend of mine counted how many drops total she had to administer---something like 814.  That may be good for two eps.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/13/2019 at 2:35 PM, auntjess said:

So tell me please, if you don't mind, because I had the first eye done, and then...
People started telling me to get the other one done for close vision, and lots rave about that option, but my eye doctor REALLY discourages it.
If you don't mind saying, which did you get, both far or one of each?

This might have made for an interesting Babs segment...explain the surgery a bit more, since a whole lotta nothin' is going on in Pissney's life (except rogue peeing in hot tubs). Would've been more interesting to me than watching Shitney treat her mother like an invalid who is a bit slow in the head. Can she do ANYTHING without making it all about herself? (why am I even asking...)

As far as those surgery options go, you can see which you'd like ahead of time, I suspect. My eye doctor helped me decide this for my lasik surgery. He simulated what "one for close, one for far" (sorry I can't remember the term for this!) would look like. I was all for this option until I saw what it looked like for me...then he showed me what having both eyes corrected in the same way would look, and I liked that much better. Bottom line, nobody can tell you what you'll like, you kind of have to see it for yourself, because I thought I knew what I wanted, but changed my mind. I'm glad I was able to "try on" my surgery options before I committed.

But, lasik isn't cataracts, so who knows, could be different...but I would think an eye doctor could show you what your options might look like. Since your eye doctor is discouraging one type though, maybe he's not open minded about it? 

Just don't have your brother drive you to the surgery, I made that mistake. He found out he could watch the surgery live on a TV screen, and recorded it on his phone. Then he got it out at the family Christmas. "Who wants to watch Aunt Sasha getting her cornea chopped up? Check this out, she got bubbles in her eye fluid! Only happens to 5% of people! But it happened to Sasha! HA HA HA HA!" 🙄 Brothers...some things never change.

(I worked really hard jumping up & down for 5 hours before that surgery getting good and frothy, so something would go wrong and make for a much more interesting video for the kids. That's just the kind of aunt I am.)

The reviews he got for his video were "Eeew", "Gross!", "That's creepy!" and "Why would I want to watch this??? YUCK!" so I guess the joke's on him, isn't it! 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

@Sasha888 It's called monovision. Some people can adapt to it, some can't. Hubby got it when he had lasik and does well with it except when he's playing tennis where you need both eyes working together for depth perception. He puts a contact in the "reading" eye.

Both of my parents declined monovision when they had their cataract surgery as they were used to wearing reading glasses anyway. My mom was extremely myopic and the surgery was absolutely amazing (not having to put on glasses to see the bedside clock or walk to the bathroom at night, etc.) Bonus that insurance paid for it for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, amacmom said:

monovision

Thank you @amacmom! Bugs me when I can't think of a word, and it happens all too often.

It's pretty sad when the best part of an episode is "Babs gets cataract surgery", and Babs is not even the main character on the show!

I enjoy seeing the ratings, thanks @Dot. 35th out of 50...can't wait til it is 48th out of 50, and they finally cancel it, and Twit and "Boo Bear" realize they have to *gasp!* find an actual job!

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I enjoy seeing the ratings, thanks @Dot. 35th out of 50...can't wait til it is 48th out of 50, and they finally cancel it, and Twit and "Boo Bear" realize they have to *gasp!* find an actual job!

Thanks for the feedback. Until recently I didn't think anyone was interested but me & was thinking about dropping it. (I had to make a mistake to get any commentary!)

Like you, I am watching to see when the MBFFL ratings are so low that TLC cancels it. They usually start filming again in Apr & Twit hasn't started talking about it yet which is unusual for her. Hmmm. Fingers crossed.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Until recently I didn't think anyone was interested but me & was thinking about dropping it. (I had to make a mistake to get any commentary!)

Oh no Dot! I am also grateful for the info! I’m always fascinated by how strong (relatively) her ratings stay given that she hasn’t had a compelling storyline in...well, ever. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

This might have made for an interesting Babs segment...explain the surgery a bit more, since a whole lotta nothin' is going on in Pissney's life (except rogue peeing in hot tubs).

How about they do a DNA test on that hot tub, and tell how many people have peed in it.  Then run it through Ancestry and CODIS both?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, auntjess said:

How about they do a DNA test on that hot tub, and tell how many people have peed in it.  Then run it through Ancestry and CODIS both?

Think we can catch Twit in a crime?

I think unless we can get law enforcement to include crimes against decency and fashion, we are probably out of luck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I think unless we can get law enforcement to include crimes against decency and fashion, we are probably out of luck.

She sexually harasses people all the time - on camera. Doesn’t seem to phase people.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I still expect her to paw the wrong guy who's gonna sue her for sexual assault.

ETA: @3girldforus & I had the same thought at the same time! 😁

Edited by Dot
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She sexually harasses people all the time - on camera. Doesn’t seem to phase people.

Well, it phases a lot of us here, but yes it doesn't seem to phase the right people, anyway.

I seriously thought one of these poor guys would've complained by now. Maybe there's been some payments made under the table.

She's so disgusting. (<<<Twit would pick this ONE sentence out of my post and scream "fat shaming", when actually I'm describing her horrific personality, not her weight!)

• Love 5

I know it's hot and humid in the south, but are sleeves just not an option? Do you really need to run around in a bra or a tank top all the time? Genuinely curious. And are they really "workout clothes" when you just throw them on to pick up someone at the airport? Haven't they just become her regular wardrobe at this point?

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Moloch Must Die said:

I know it's hot and humid in the south, but are sleeves just not an option? Do you really need to run around in a bra or a tank top all the time? Genuinely curious. And are they really "workout clothes" when you just throw them on to pick up someone at the airport? Haven't they just become her regular wardrobe at this point?

It's not even that hot in NC until late April, I think. Just for giggles I checked the 7 day forecast. The warmest day forecast is for Monday 3/25 --- a forecast high of 71 degrees.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2019 at 3:34 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I completely agree, but I do have one question. My actual viewing of the show has been minimal (to non-existent after the peeing incident) but I’m curious if you think Glen and Babs are big supporters of the idea of Whit and Buddy getting together. The clip I saw was Babs says ‘Buddy, Buddy, Buddy - it’s always Buddy’ with almost an eye roll to it in a way that I read as disgust with the whole idea. I completely agree that Whit and her NitWits are all about the pairing but I’m not sure about the parents. 

I doubt her parents would be on board, then they’d have to worry about taking care of another bum that seemingly can’t hold a job outside of this show.  At this point, I don’t particularly care for Babs or Glenn.  They are ok but I’m not the huge fans some people are, but I do believe they especially Glenn are worried who is going to take care of Whitney when they’re gone.  I have no way of knowing this as I don’t know any of these people but My FIL is traditional, conservative and of Glenn’s generation.  Mr. Irate Panda (I’m sure he’d love knowing I refer to him as this) comes from a fairly wealthy family, anyhow Mr. Irate Panda’s job is very dangerous, and before we got married my future FIL assured me Id always be taken care of and set up several things for me in case anything happened to soon-to-be Mr. Irate Panda.  Forget the fact, that prior to getting married I had always worked and taken care of myself financially since I was 15.  My husband and his father both think the men should be the financial providers (right or wrong) and I think Glenn is of that same mind.  I’m not trying to be rude, but nothing about Buddy screams financial provider.  I won’t even get into the just recovering addict so not yet stable parts of Buddy.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/18/2019 at 6:35 AM, Mothra said:

And a friend of mine counted how many drops total she had to administer---something like 814.  That may be good for two eps.

Hmm... I don't remember anything like that. I could have been traumatized, tho, and not recall. I certainly remember I had drops, but 814 seems like a lot.

Regarding Glenn and Babs wanting someone to take care of Twit after they're gone - I'm not sure it's just that. Parents want their children to be happy. And as much as Twit's parents talk about grandchildren, I bet they would be happy if she just made a good marriage.

My son's marriage didn't work out. He has a steady girlfriend now and things are proceeding apace. However, once burned, twice shy, and though he want's to be with her, is not sure about committing to marriage. I'm having a hard time with that, especially bringing children into it (which he wants to do). I don't have forever here and I would like to know before I go or am too senile to recognize reality, that he is truly settled down and has his own family. I need things to move more quickly, but I recognize that is *my* need, not his. It's hard to keep my mouth shut sometimes, though.

Edited by aliya
read another post
  • Love 4
On 3/13/2019 at 12:42 AM, Barbara Please said:

Buddy is a Debbie Downer: "Whatever  man, it's so like hard, man, it fuckin' sucks, ya know?" What a catch. A 34 year old burnout with marbles in his mouth, and looks like a hard 45 year old. He's got no job prospects; bounces around from place to place, and gf to gf. There is nothing appealing about him.

....................He's just a gigantic lump o' nothing. 

Okay so please help me with this, especially the bolded part. What could any woman possibly see in him? He is not even remotely attractive in any way: physically, intellectually, emotionally, and for damn sure financially.

Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no there there" must have had someone like Buddy in mind. Buddy: even his name is fucking annoying. What is this asshole's real name anyway?

Edited to add: And don't get me started on Whitney's delusional assessment of her perceived attractiveness, behaving as if every man wants to jump her bones, like they could even find them.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no there there" must have had someone like Buddy in mind. Buddy: even his name is fucking annoying. What is this asshole's real name anyway?

According to the court records from his criminal conviction for disorderly conduct and assaulting a government officer, his legal name is Luby Bell.

• LOL 2
55 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

According to the court records from his criminal conviction for disorderly conduct and assaulting a government officer, his legal name is Luby Bell.

Buddy sounds a lot better in light of that. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, aliya said:

Hmm... I don't remember anything like that. I could have been traumatized, tho, and not recall. I certainly remember I had drops, but 814 seems like a lot.

Regarding Glenn and Babs wanting someone to take care of Twit after they're gone - I'm not sure it's just that. Parents want their children to be happy. And as much as Twit's parents talk about grandchildren, I bet they would be happy if she just made a good marriage.

My son's marriage didn't work out. He has a steady girlfriend now and things are proceeding apace. However, once burned, twice shy, and though he want's to be with her, is not sure about committing to marriage. I'm having a hard time with that, especially bringing children into it (which he wants to do). I don't have forever here and I would like to know before I go or am too senile to recognize reality, that he is truly settled down and has his own family. I need things to move more quickly, but I recognize that is *my* need, not his. It's hard to keep my mouth shut sometimes, though.

Like you, I don't remember nearly that many drops. Maybe 30. Of course my cataract surgery was done years ago when you had to wear what I called a "mini-colander" over the eye for a day. 

Before the surgery, I was EXTREMELY near-sighted. After the surgery, my glasses had a thick lens on the UNoperated side, and no lens at all on the side that had been operated on. It was fun messing with people at work by putting my finger through the empty side to rub my eye.... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Like you, I don't remember nearly that many drops. Maybe 30. Of course my cataract surgery was done years ago when you had to wear what I called a "mini-colander" over the eye for a day. 

Before the surgery, I was EXTREMELY near-sighted. After the surgery, my glasses had a thick lens on the UNoperated side, and no lens at all on the side that had been operated on. It was fun messing with people at work by putting my finger through the empty side to rub my eye.... 

I had a plastic thing with air holes in it (I think). I wore contacts, so between surgeries, I wore a contact in one eye, so no one noticed the difference. I went from 20/400+ to 20/20 & 20/25.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

The quotation is Gedtrude Stein's about her birthplace, Oakland, CA.

As @Ketzel pointed out, Luby is Buddy's real given name. He's at least a jr., since that's also his father's name & it's very likely a family name passed down. (For example, Tal is Rufus Talmadge Fish III.)

It's very typical of Southern boys named for their dad to be called Bud, Buddy,  Bubba or Sonny. Girls with a passed-down family name were often  Sissy or Sister, e.g., Sissy Spacek. I knew dozens with these nicknames growing up.

1 minute ago, Dot said:
Edited by Dot
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Dot said:

The quotation is Gedtrude Stein's about her birthplace, Oakland, CA.

As @Ketzel pointed out, Luby is Buddy's real given name. He's at least a jr., since that's also his father's name & it's very likely a family name passed down. (For example, Tal is Rufus Talmadge Fish III.)

It's very typical of Southern boys named for their dad to be called Bud, Buddy,  Bubba or Sonny. Girls with a passed-down family name were often  Sissy or Sister, e.g., Sissy Spacek. I knew dozens with these nicknames growing up.

Ok - that’s fair. I made fun of Luby but if it’s a family name then that’s part of tradition and just the way it is. We used a few names from family and passed over some horrendous ones but we also had girls which makes is less mandatory that they be named after their dads. For some families, especially in the South, that’s a mandate. 

Still, I’m sure he’s glad to be Buddy if the other option is Luby. I guess at least he’s not a mechanic. Far too many sick jokes to be made there. 

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ok - that’s fair. I made fun of Luby but if it’s a family name then that’s part of tradition and just the way it is. We used a few names from family and passed over some horrendous ones but we also had girls which makes is less mandatory that they be named after their dads. For some families, especially in the South, that’s a mandate. 

Still, I’m sure he’s glad to be Buddy if the other option is Luby. I guess at least he’s not a mechanic. Far too many sick jokes to be made there. 

I figured he was named after the cafeteria chain. ;-D 

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 3/25/2019 at 11:14 PM, aliya said:

I do think Babs and Glenn want someone to take care of Whitney after they are gone, but I also think they want her to be happy.  However, I think they both see being able to financially support Whitney and any future children, as a big part of being a good husband.  I think realistically they know Whitney’s  not exactly going to have quality men beating down her door.  Some because of her weight, but most because of her behavior.  I really do think they are embarrassed by her weight and behavior, even though they enable her.  I’m not the biggest Glenn fan, but at least at the beginning, he was trying to help Whitney with portion control and he damn near kills himself on a regularly basis during these workouts she drags him on.  

There’s nothing wrong with having high self esteem, even though I believe Whitney has the opposite of that.  It’s like she expects James Bond to come and fall in love with her.  (I know, Buddy’s soooooooo close) it’s like the blind date guy, she made the face about at the reunion.  I mean unless this guy did something off camera to her that was weird or rude there was no call for the face she made.  Sorry, Whitney you are not pulling 10s and there’s nothing wrong with  that until you degrade them, immediately after claiming someone body shamed you.  There is something terribly wrong with her and I don’t even mean the weird stuff we see on the show.  I mean like the Thanksgiving dinner thing @Dot described.  What woman rips her shirt off to expose a see-thru bra in front of a man you barely know and one you just met that day.  I wont even include however many people saw it on Instagram.  I really don’t understand and never will, but she be a fascinating case study on arrested development and narcissism .

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 6
(edited)

I@Irate Panda comments, "There’s nothing wrong with having high self esteem, even though I believe Whitney has the opposite of that.  It’s like she’s expect James Bond to come and fall in love with her."

In her Assumptions Q&A in the IG profile, a fan assumed that Twit does not think she is pretty. Twit answered, "Nope. I think I am very attractive."

And so I return to the conversation some threads back: just as I think both Ashley & Heather are average-looking, I would apply the same adjective to Twit. Most of us are average, after all, or there would be no such concept as average.

But I also believe we average--looking ppl should remember that we will probably attract average-looking ppl to us. @Irate Panda is right: Twit is demanding a Brad Pitt when she's more likely to attract a John C. Reilly. Glenn gets it, having invited Michael to dinner as a blind date for Twit. He was a John C. Reilly type quickly rejected by Twit.

Edited by Dot
corrected misspelling of Reilly
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Dot said:

I@Irate Panda comments, "There’s nothing wrong with having high self esteem, even though I believe Whitney has the opposite of that.  It’s like she’s expect James Bond to come and fall in love with her."

In her Assumptions Q&A in the IG profile, a fan assumed that Twit does not think she is pretty. Twit answered, "Nope. I think I am very attractive."

And so I return to the conversation some threads back: just as I think both Ashley & Heather are average-looking, I would apply the same adjective to Twit. Most of us are average, after all, or there would be no such concept as average.

But I also believe we average--looking ppl should remember that we will probably attract average-looking ppl to us. @Irate Panda is right: Twit is demanding a Brad Pitt when she's more likely to attract a John C. Reilly. Glenn gets it, having invited Michael to dinner as a blind date for Twit. He was a John C. Reilly type quickly rejected by Twit.

From a looks perspective, that Michael guy (thanks for his name) was perfectly suitable for someone Whitney's level of attractiveness (although 100 pounds lighter than W). From a personality, lifestyle, and ambition perspective, he dodged a bullet. :chants: Michael deserved better! Michael deserved better!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6